Black Lantern Kal-L vs Thor

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.

keiththegreat
http://upload.wikimedia.org/wikipedia/en/b/b9/Black_Lantern_Kal-L.PNG

vs

http://geek-news.mtv.com/wp-content/uploads/2011/05/thorcostume-8.jpg

No BFR.

Cogito
Thor has no way to put Kal-L down permanently. Kal-L would end up killing Thor in a fight to the death, though Thor would put up a hell of a fight.

abhilegend
Kal-L. This is a guy who created a sun by smashing moons and snuffed out a star.

PillarofOsiris
I feel sorry for Thor in this thread.

quanchi112
Thor.

Prep-Man
Originally posted by abhilegend
Kal-L. This is a guy who created a sun by smashing moons and snuffed out a star.

zopzop
Originally posted by quanchi112
Thor.

Exactly. I read that you can put down a Black Lantern if your DPS > it's regen ability.

It would be tough for Thor, not because of anything the Black Lantern Ring does, but because this is basically a zombie Superman with all of the powers Superman had while alive. Thor takes this but after a tough fight.

JakeTheBank
Thor wouldn't be able to permanently destroy BL Kal-L, but he does have the capability to temporarily dispose of him for a BFR victory or make him incapacitated long enough for a forum win. It would be a long drawn out fight with no easy victor.

Prep-Man
Yep, Thor better use BFR, if not, he's toast.

psycho gundam
Kal-L. This is a guy who created a sun by smashing moons and snuffed out a star. was that during blackest night?

zopzop
Originally posted by Prep-Man
Yep, Thor better use BFR, if not, he's toast.

Is this statement true or false?
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Black_Lantern_Corps

Because Thor can output some serious power if he wanted to. If the quoted statement is true, Thor doesn't even have to BFR any Black Lantern to put them down permanently.

Endless Mike
IIRC Mogo just immobilized the BLs, he didn't kill them

JakeTheBank
Originally posted by zopzop

Because Thor can output some serious power if he wanted to. If the quoted statement is true, Thor doesn't even have to BFR any Black Lantern to put them down permanently.

It's true.

Light in particular was shown being able to burn a BL and keep them out of commission for a while as well as anything tied to the emotional spectrum. Diana's lasso was capable of burning them to dust for a time.

abhilegend
Originally posted by psycho gundam
was that during blackest night?
No, its his PC feats.Originally posted by zopzop

BL Kal-L took on whole JSA at once and was barely slowed down by superman and superboy. Thor is getting his heart ripped out here.

carver9
No, its his PC feats.
BL Kal-L took on whole JSA at once and was barely slowed down by superman and superboy. Thor is getting his heart ripped out here.

Scans?

abhilegend
Originally posted by carver9
Scans?
Of what?

carver9
Of what?

Of what you posted. Sounds interesting.

abhilegend
Of what you posted. Sounds interesting.
You mean his pc feats or his clash against JSA?

carver9
You mean his pc feats or his clash against JSA?

No...Kal-l taking on the JSA. I hate classic fts.

abhilegend
No...Kal-l taking on the JSA. I hate classic fts.
I don't have those atm. Its from Blackest night:JSA 3. See if anyone else has those scans, I can't upload them right now.

carver9
I don't have those atm. Its from Blackest night:JSA 3. See if anyone else has those scans, I can't upload them right now.

I hate your phone.

abhilegend
I hate your phone.
Hey, hey, that's not nice for my phone.durfist

abhilegend
Here are the scans, carv

http://i1113.photobucket.com/albums/k508/abhilegend/DC/th_BlackestNightJSA3004005.jpg http://i1113.photobucket.com/albums/k508/abhilegend/DC/th_BlackestNightJSA3006.jpg http://i1113.photobucket.com/albums/k508/abhilegend/DC/th_BlackestNightJSA3010011.jpg http://i1113.photobucket.com/albums/k508/abhilegend/DC/th_BlackestNightJSA3012013.jpg http://i1113.photobucket.com/albums/k508/abhilegend/DC/th_BlackestNightJSA3014015.jpg http://i1113.photobucket.com/albums/k508/abhilegend/DC/th_BlackestNightJSA3016017.jpg http://i1113.photobucket.com/albums/k508/abhilegend/DC/th_BlackestNightJSA3018019.jpg http://i1113.photobucket.com/albums/k508/abhilegend/DC/th_BlackestNightJSA3020021.jpg

http://s1113.photobucket.com/albums/k508/abhilegend/DC/?action=view&current=BlackestNightJSA3020021.jpg

carver9
Niiiiiiice scans and yes, he is VERY powerful. Thanks buddy.

abhilegend
Niiiiiiice scans and yes, he is VERY powerful. Thanks buddy.
No problem. Now start your daily routine and start lowballing.uhuh

Horrificus
The Black Ring gets it's power from the main battery.

Why can't Thor just cut off the power supply, as he did with Juggernaut?

abhilegend
Originally posted by Horrificus
The Black Ring gets it's power from the main battery.

Why can't Thor just cut off the power supply, as he did with Juggernaut?
It isn't magic which fuels black lanterns.

quanchi112
It isn't magic which fuels black lanterns. And ?

abhilegend
And ?
And?

Horrificus
It isn't magic which fuels black lanterns. Then, what is the Black Central Power Battery for?

Is it just car battery?

carver9
No problem. Now start your daily routine and start lowballing.uhuh

Lol...I don't low ball and I don't have a reason to lowball him. I actually want to see more of the character.

abhilegend
Then, what is the Black Central Power Battery for?

Is it just car battery?
It was powered by Anti-monitor's energies.

abhilegend
Lol...I don't low ball and I don't have a reason to lowball him. I actually want to see more of the character.

http://i1113.photobucket.com/albums/k508/abhilegend/My%20photos/Lulz/durrr.jpg

carver9
Lol...wtf.

abhilegend
Lol...wtf.
What?

quanchi112
And? So you think Thor can only cut off people from magical sources of power. What is this based on ?

JakeTheBank
I don't see Thor cutting off Black Lanterns from their Central Power Battery.

"Normal" Lanterns, sure, Thor kinda bones them, but the BLs are of a different breed.

zopzop
Originally posted by JakeTheBank
"Normal" Lanterns, sure, Thor kinda bones them, but the BLs are of a different breed.

What makes you say that? What did the black ring do for Zombie Superman in those scans posted above? Nothing. It was just a Zombified Superman wrecking sh|t. Normal Superman could have pulled that off AND not have to worry about being cut off from his power source.

the Darkone
Thor hammer unleashed solar flares that burn100x hotter than the su, anti force blast, god blast, anti matter etc, Thor does have option people! Thor wins, but he will earn it big time!

JakeTheBank
What makes you say that? What did the black ring do for Zombie Superman in those scans posted above? Nothing. It was just a Zombified Superman wrecking sh|t. Normal Superman could have pulled that off AND not have to worry about being cut off from his power source.

The fact that the Black Rings tap directly into the...uh...emotion(?) of Death. Thor's got great energy absorbing and manipulating feats, but he's not going to mess with those rings directly, imo.

zopzop
The fact that the Black Rings tap directly into the...uh...emotion(?) of Death. Thor's got great energy absorbing and manipulating feats, but he's not going to mess with those rings directly, imo.

Ah, never mind. I misread what you were trying to say. You were talking about cutting them off from their power source. I thought you were saying that Black Lanterns were more powerful than 'regular' Lanterns.

abhilegend
So you think Thor can only cut off people from magical sources of power. What is this based on ?
Why don't you prove that thor can cut someone from his power source which isn't magic?

JakeTheBank
He's done it to Firelord before.

Thor's not messing around with emotional "death" energy though.

abhilegend

Thor's not messing around with emotional "death" energy though.
Scans?

Cogito
It's all pointless anyways. Lanterns aren't drawing their power from the central battery continuously, they just charge their rings once in a while.

For Black Lanterns, that charge is not shown (obviously). The only thing that is shown is their power increasing every time they make a high-emotion kill. It's more likely that that energy is powering their ring and then also the central battery itself.

But regardless of how exactly it works, the central batter definitely doesn't continuously feed the rings power, so cutting it off would, at best, only prevent the ring from being recharged if it ran out of energy, which it won't here. (Like that run on sentence?)

Batman-Prime
Kal-L

quanchi112
Why don't you prove that thor can cut someone from his power source which isn't magic? You made the claim he can only do so to a magical being so the onus is on you.

Cogito
You made the claim he can only do so to a magical being so the onus is on you.

It's irrelevant anyways.

quanchi112
Originally posted by Cogito
It's irrelevant anyways. How so ?

Cogito
It's all pointless anyways. Lanterns aren't drawing their power from the central battery continuously, they just charge their rings once in a while.

For Black Lanterns, that charge is not shown (obviously). The only thing that is shown is their power increasing every time they make a high-emotion kill. It's more likely that that energy is powering their ring and then also the central battery itself.

But regardless of how exactly it works, the central batter definitely doesn't continuously feed the rings power, so cutting it off would, at best, only prevent the ring from being recharged if it ran out of energy, which it won't here. (Like that run on sentence?)

quanchi112
That's just your theory.

Cogito
That's just your theory.

Some of it is, yes. But the part where rings aren't fed power continuously from the central battery isn't. There's nothing for Thor to cut off. Rings hold their own charge.

abhilegend
No, I didn't.
It isn't magic which fuels black lanterns.
Why would I need to prove a negative anyway?

carver9
The fight you showed with Kal-l, was that his only fight because I don't like basing characters off of one showing when overall the first showing will always be a high end ft.

abhilegend
The fight you showed with Kal-l, was that his only fight because I don't like basing characters off of one showing when overall the first showing will always be a high end ft.
No, he has other fights too.

Galan007
Thor has absolutely no way to put Kal down.

quanchi112
Some of it is, yes. But the part where rings aren't fed power continuously from the central battery isn't. There's nothing for Thor to cut off. Rings hold their own charge. Rings have a finite charge though hence the battery.

No, I didn't.

Why would I need to prove a negative anyway? Yes, you did. Thor cutting someone off from their power source doesn't mean he can only do so if the character has a magical source of might unless you prove it.

Cogito
Rings have a finite charge though hence the battery.

So, assuming Black Lantern rings require recharging (which is a pretty big assumption. Do you really think Black Lanterns are going around saying a stupid oath to recharge every day?), and assuming they require recharging at about the same rate as a Green Lantern (24ish hours), do you really think Thor is going to stalemate him that long and then cut Kal off from recharging (again, if it's like a GL that would take seconds. Thor would have to think and act very quickly)

The whole notion is absurd to the highest degree.

quanchi112
So, assuming Black Lantern rings require recharging (which is a pretty big assumption. Do you really think Black Lanterns are going around saying a stupid oath to recharge every day?), and assuming they require recharging at about the same rate as a Green Lantern (24ish hours), do you really think Thor is going to stalemate him that long and then cut Kal off from recharging (again, if it's like a GL that would take seconds. Thor would have to think and act very quickly)

The whole notion is absurd to the highest degree. I never even argued Thor would do so but the whole notion their charge is infinite and cannot be severed is absurd.

Galan007
laughing out loud

Yes, quanchi. You ARE asking abhil to prove a negative. Thor cut Juggy off from his power source by negating all MYSTICAL energy in their vicinity. This was explicitly stated:
http://s4d3.turboimagehost.com/t/11501468_t1.jpg
In truth, all Thor did was shut down Juggy's FF for a few seconds.

Anyway, unless you can show PROOF that Thor can negate non-mystical energies (more specifically, the Anti-Matter/Death energies that comprise the BLC), then him negating Kal's energy in this battle isn't even plausible.

quanchi112
Originally posted by Galan007
laughing out loud

Yes, quanchi. You ARE asking abhil to prove a negative. Thor cut Juggy off from his power source by negating all MYSTICAL energy in their vicinity. This was explicitly stated:

Anyway, unless you can show PROOF that Thor can negate non-mystical energies (more specifically, the Anti-Matter/Death energies that comprise the BLC), then him negating Kal's energy in this battle isn't even plausible.
The cone negated all energy from entering the cone. The energy powering him was mystical that's why the word mystical was stated. Do you think the cone only prevents mystical energy or all energy from entering ? You can't be serious. I'm at a loss for words.

abhilegend
Rings have a finite charge though hence the battery.

Yes, you did. Thor cutting someone off from their power source doesn't mean he can only do so if the character has a magical source of might unless you prove it.
I never made such a claim.
laughing out loud

My name is abhi, not abhil, dammit.
ranting

abhilegend

Cogito
I never even argued Thor would do so but the whole notion their charge is infinite and cannot be severed is absurd.

You're assuming Black Lantern rings work the same way as Green Lantern rings, which is absurd because they share so little in the way of anything other than being rings.

Green Lantern Rings create constructs, BL rings don't.
BL rings animate the dead, GL rings don't.
BL rings feed on emotion, GL rings are empowered by willpower.
GL rings have been shown to need recharging, BL rings haven't.
GL rings are powered by an abstract entity which represents willpower, BL rings are powered by the Anti-Monitor who represents nothing related to emotions.
etc etc.

They're totally different. The way they use power, or don't, is presumably totally different. You can't assume that a Black Lantern ring needs to be recharged, that it recharges the same way as a GL ring, or that the charge lasts for the same amount of time as a GL ring.

Come back with facts, not supposition and your best troll impersonation.

quanchi112
I never made such a claim.

My name is abhi, not abhil, dammit.
ranting Then you agree the cone stops all energy from entering. This would effectively sever the connection.

Whatever you say, ABHIL.

abhilegend
The cone negated all energy from entering the cone. The energy powering him was mystical that's why the word mystical was stated. Do you think the cone only prevents mystical energy or all energy from entering ? You can't be serious. I'm at a loss for words.
laughing out loud

quanchi112
You're assuming Black Lantern rings work the same way as Green Lantern rings, which is absurd because they share so little in the way of anything other than being rings.

GL rings are powered by an abstract entity which represents willpower, BL rings are powered by the Anti-Monitor who represents nothing related to emotions.
etc etc.

They're totally different. The way they use power, or don't, is presumably totally different. You can't assume that a Black Lantern ring needs to be recharged, that it recharges the same way as a GL ring, or that the charge lasts for the same amount of time as a GL ring.

Come back with facts, not supposition and your best troll impersonation. All rings are empowered by their central power battery. If I have a cell phone I need to charge it just like any rings needs a charge. If you sever the connection they the rings lose the power source. Sorry, you're wrong.

Galan007
The cone negated all energy from entering the cone. The energy powering him was mystical that's why the word mystical was stated. Do you think the cone only prevents mystical energy or all energy from entering ? You can't be serious. I'm at a loss for words. Thor explicitly states that the cone would negate all MYSTICAL energy:
http://s4d2.turboimagehost.com/t1/11501476_t1.jpg

It is not even alluded to that it negated every single type of energy across the board. Stop making shit up. You're blatantly trolling at this point.

quanchi112
laughing out loud It's the truth. Like his cones just prevent mystical energy from entering. That's ridiculous. In this instance they prevented mystical energy, abhil.

abhilegend
Then you agree the cone stops all energy from entering. This would effectively sever the connection.

Whatever you say, ABHIL.
I never agreed on that too.
facepalm

quanchi112
Thor explicitly states that the cone would negate all MYSTICAL energy:
http://s4d2.turboimagehost.com/t1/11501476_t1.jpg

It is not even alluded to that it negated every single type of energy across the board. Stop making shit up. You're blatantly trolling at this point. Whatever power source he was connected to outside his own person was cut off hence mystical energy. I am not making anything up. If you feel that cone only stops mystical energy from entering I question your thought process. It's absurd.

quanchi112
I never agreed on that too.
facepalm Nice use of facepalm. I am glad you agree that cone prevents any energy power source from entering then.

Hey I have another idea for a battlezone when your laptop is working I'd consider waiting for Kal-l versus earth 22 Superman. Up for it ?

Galan007
Whatever power source he was connected to outside his own person was cut off hence mystical energy. I am not making anything up. If you feel that cone only stops mystical energy from entering I question your thought process. It's absurd. Reported for trolling.

Thor explicitly tells us the type of energy his cone negated. For you to ignore his statement and extrapolate it into "all" types of energy, is laughably idiotic.

abhilegend
It's the truth. Like his cones just prevent mystical energy from entering. That's ridiculous. In this instance they prevented mystical energy, abhil.
laughing out loud
Lulz, you think that I was serious on someone's typo of my name. This deserves a durquanchi for you.
durquanchi

Batman-Prime
He even states that he sends his "enchanted Hammer" (bold) this and the word mystical are written extra bold, so it's obvious what the writers intent was. I mean, Thor is a mystical figure, an God with an mystical, enchanted Hammer. This might change over time but back then, the intent was clear.

abhilegend
Nice use of facepalm. I am glad you agree that cone prevents any energy power source from entering then.

Hey I have another idea for a battlezone when your laptop is working I'd consider waiting for Kal-l versus earth 22 Superman. Up for it ?
http://i1113.photobucket.com/albums/k508/abhilegend/My%20photos/Lulz/durrr.jpg

quanchi112
Reported for trolling.

Thor explicitly tells us the type of energy his cone negated. For you to ignore his statement and extrapolate it into "all" types of energy, is laughably idiotic. Seriously, galan you are such a child. Go ahead and tattle on someone for having a difference of opinion. The forums are dying as it is and you are part of the problem. You run and cry when someone disagrees with you and fully admit the boards are dying. Then call me idiotic in the same post. You won't ever man up and face me in a battlezone and will just hit the report to moderator button when someone disagrees with you. So grade school.Originally posted by abhilegend
laughing out loud
Lulz, you think that I was serious on someone's typo of my name. This deserves a durquanchi for you.
durquanchi Yes, I'm always super serious on the net. Sarcasm is a foreign language to myself.

My dur is very near and dear to my cold, black heart.

john allerdyce
Reported for trolling.

Thor explicitly tells us the type of energy his cone negated. For you to ignore his statement and extrapolate it into "all" types of energy, is laughably idiotic. On top of this, thor's enchantment didn't even shut down all of juggernaut's powers, it just shut down his forcefield. he still had his mystically endowed strength, etc.

so to assume that same enchantment (that only lasted like 10 seconds) would shut down all of a BL's power is also pretty absurd on his part.

Galan007
Seriously, galan you are such a child. Go ahead and tattle on someone for having a difference of opinion. The forums are dying as it is and you are part of the problem. You run and cry when someone disagrees with you and fully admit the boards are dying. Then call me idiotic in the same post. You won't ever man up and face me in a battlezone and will just hit the report to moderator button when someone disagrees with you. So grade school. laughing out loud

You're opting to ignore what the comics itself blatantly tells us, and are replacing it with your own conjecture instead. That, my friend, defines TROLLING. If you don't like the fact that I reported you, then I'd suggest you stop TROLLING... If you'd like to keep up with badgering posts like this, though, I'll have no problem reporting you again. I have no time for your BS these days. smile

Originally posted by john allerdyce
On top of this, thor's enchantment didn't even shut down all of juggernaut's powers, it just shut down his forcefield. he still had his mystically endowed strength, etc.

so to assume that same enchantment (that only lasted like 10 seconds) would shut down all of a BL's power is also pretty absurd on his part. Good point.

abhilegend
Seriously, galan you are such a child. Go ahead and tattle on someone for having a difference of opinion. The forums are dying as it is and you are part of the problem. You run and cry when someone disagrees with you and fully admit the boards are dying. Then call me idiotic in the same post. You won't ever man up and face me in a battlezone and will just hit the report to moderator button when someone disagrees with you. So grade school. Yes, I'm always super serious on the net. Sarcasm is a foreign language to myself.

My dur is very near and dear to my cold, black heart.
Yup, thats why you fight hornets in your spare time. I think I died laughing today reading that thread.

Zack Fair
Exposed.

Horrificus

Quanchi is correct.
If anybody would like to say that the Black Ring power is exempt from Thor's ability to block it from it's source, they would have to show some sort of proof WHY that is. Otherwise, it is just conjecture.

This is especially true if there is evidence showing that Thor is capable of blocking different types of energy, besides simply "mystical" in nature.
Such as when Jake stated the following:

But, other examples would go far to seal the deal and settle the argument.

Simply said-
Multiple examples of Thor blocking various forms of energy. > Zero examples of Black Ring energy being exempt from being blocked from it's source.

But, I have a LOT of questions for the folks that have a lot more knowledge about the power rings of various "Lantern Corps".

Could you guys help?

Next, "The Nature of the Black Rings":

Lanterns aren't drawing their power from the central battery continuously, they just charge their rings once in a while.

But regardless of how exactly it works, the central batter definitely doesn't continuously feed the rings power,

so cutting it off would, at best, only prevent the ring from being recharged if it ran out of energy, which it won't here. (Like that run on sentence?)

Cogito-

How do you know they aren't drawing from the central battery constantly?

Why do they have to charge / recharge their rings?

Why would it run out of energy?

Why WON'T it run out of energy here?

etc etc.

Come back with facts, not supposition and your best troll impersonation.

- GL rings have animated the dead.

- I thought the whole "Ring Thing" is about the different colors representing the "Emotional Spectrum". I have seen this phrased used.

- Scar made a big deal out of hiding and keeping safe the Central Black Battery. Why?

- Doesn't the Anti-Monitor represent the absence of emotion, the way that the color Black represents the absence of color? Which is why the Black Rings feed on emotion and NEED it.

john allerdyce
Quanchi is correct.
If anybody would like to say that the Black Ring power is exempt from Thor's ability to block it from it's source, they would have to show some sort of proof WHY that is. Otherwise, it is just conjecture.

the hell? i don't think you people understand what 'proving a negative' means...

if your assuming that thor can negate a black lantern's energies, then you need to provide proof of him canceling out an energy akin to antimatter, or the energies of death. unless you can provide that kind of proof, then there is no reason to assume thor CAN cancel out those specific types of energy.

assuming he can do so without any kind of proof to support your stance. now THAT is "conjecture".

Cogito
How do you know they aren't drawing from the central battery constantly?
I don't, I'm making that assumption. I need to reread some Blackest Night issues, but IIRC Palmer discovered that the rings were feeding emotional energy (from victims) to the central battery.

Why do they have to charge / recharge their rings?
Good question, see above. We just don't know.

Why would it run out of energy? Never been shown to have run out of energy.

Why WON'T it run out of energy here?
Never shown.

- GL rings have animated the dead. Not post-crisis.

- I thought the whole "Ring Thing" is about the different colors representing the "Emotional Spectrum". I have seen this phrased used. It is. Black (Death) is outside the emotional spectrum and feeds on the emotional spectrum.

- Scar made a big deal out of hiding and keeping safe the Central Black Battery. Why? Unknown for sure.

- Doesn't the Anti-Monitor represent the absence of emotion, the way that the color Black represents the absence of color? Which is why the Black Rings feed on emotion and NEED it. The Anti-Monitor may represent the absence of emotion, though I don't recall ever reading that, but the Black Rings don't feed on emotion because of him.

abhilegend
Quanchi is correct.

Oxymoron. Stopped reading.
stick out tongue

quanchi112
Quanchi is correct.

This is especially true if there is evidence showing that Thor is capable of blocking different types of energy, besides simply "mystical" in nature.
Such as when Jake stated the following:

But, other examples would go far to seal the deal and settle the argument.

Simply said-
Multiple examples of Thor blocking various forms of energy. > Zero examples of Black Ring energy being exempt from being blocked from it's source.

Are you going to report people for agreeing with me too. laughing out loud

laughing out loud

You're opting to ignore what the comics itself blatantly tells us, and are replacing it with your own conjecture instead. That, my friend, defines TROLLING. If you don't like the fact that I reported you, then I'd suggest you stop TROLLING... If you'd like to keep up with badgering posts like this, though, I'll have no problem reporting you again. I have no time for your BS these days. smile

Good point. Yeah, I know galan just like I knew you wouldn't have time for a battlezone. You're a whiny poster. And look other people agree with me so keep on reporting someone for disagreeing with your viewpoint, brah.

Galan007
Yeah, I know galan just like I knew you wouldn't have time for a battlezone. You're a whiny poster. And look other people agree with me so keep on reporting someone for disagreeing with your viewpoint, brah. This is strike 2, one more strike and I'll report you for bashing.

Like I said: no time for your BS. smile

quanchi112
This is strike 2, one more strike and I'll report you for bashing.

Like I said: no time for your BS. smile You called me idiotic and have already reported me. Either leave the I am going to report you nonsense out of this and debate respectfully or don't. I told you why I disagreed. Another poster agreed with my take. That's what happens on message boards. Cbr has mod enforced opinions which kinda killed their board.

Batman-Prime
Stop it children, or I will have my Slave Bada remove you, both. uhuh

Galan007
You called me idiotic and have already reported me. Either leave the I am going to report you nonsense out of this and debate respectfully or don't. I told you why I disagreed. Another poster agreed with my take. That's what happens on message boards. Cbr has mod enforced opinions which kinda killed their board. I posted a scan that literally TELLS US the specific type of energy Thor negated in that instance (ie. mystical.) Instead of accepting something blatantly written in black and white, you opted to make shit up and act like Thor's cone negated all types of energy, despite nothing of the sort being alluded to. That IS stupid. Pretty sure Pr and Bada would agree.

If you can't prove your stance with incontrovertible evidence (which you've yet to do) then accept it and move on. Don't argue just to argue. That's called trolling.

Galan007
Originally posted by Batman-Prime
Stop it children, or I will have my Slave Bada remove you, both. uhuh Yeah, I think I'm gonna put the little fella on ignore again.

zopzop
Wow, so much drama in this thread.

Anyway, Quan and Jake were right. Just because Thor SPECIFICALLY cut off mystic energy with the vortex he used vs Juggernaut, doesn't mean that's all Mjolnir is capable of negating. The reason why he negated MYSTIC energy is because that's the Juggernaut's power source.

Here he is draining the Power Cosmic from Firelord :
http://img13.imagevenue.com/img.php?loc=loc132&image=80109_thorfin6.jpg

Thor wins.

Cogito

Anyway, Quan and Jake were right. Just because Thor SPECIFICALLY cut off mystic energy with the vortex he used vs Juggernaut, doesn't mean that's all Mjolnir is capable of negating. The reason why he negated MYSTIC energy is because that's the Juggernaut's power source.

Thor wins.

Your own scan just proved that his strategy is stupid.

Not only did it not cut Firelord off, he easily stopped whatever effect it may have been having.

Prep-Man
laughing out loud

Good point.

I thought you put him on ignore? :/

Galan007

Thor wins. laughing out loud

What Cog said.

Originally posted by Prep-Man
I thought you put him on ignore? :/ I did. But then I decided to give him another chance. Bad decision.

He's on ignore now, though. smile

zopzop
Your own scan just proved that his strategy is stupid.

Not only did it not cut Firelord off, he easily stopped whatever effect it may have been having.

Reading comprehension fail. I didn't say it was a good strategy, I said he CAN do it. Not that he should do it. Plus he doesn't even NEED to do it to beat BL Kal-l.

Prep-Man
Kal-L rips out his heart.

abhilegend

Thor wins.
And how does that helps against Kal-L here who has snuffed stars with his breath? Iron man has also drained power cosmic from silver surfer, he wins here too?

JakeTheBank
For the record, as a pretty well informed Thor reader myself, I'm totally against Thor's energy absorption abilities effecting a Black Lantern's ring or their Central Power Battery. But yeah, Thor isn't limited to absorbing or cancelling out mystical energy. Not by a long shot. Generally, if it's energy - whether it's magical, cosmic, electrical, a form of radiation, magnetic, etc - Mjolnir can absorb it and drain it. But I don't see Thor messing around with what makes the Black Lantern Corps tick.

At best, you could probably argue that Mjolnir could work alongside other emotional colors or temporarily put down a Black Lantern with intense light or just BFR them, but it becomes somewhat plot dependent.

Cogito
Reading comprehension fail. I didn't say it was a good strategy, I said he CAN do it. Not that he should do it. Plus he doesn't even NEED to do it to beat BL Kal-l.

Then how can he win?

zopzop
Then how can he win?

By beating the xxxx out of BL Kal-l?

Cogito

Because nobody thought of that strategy during Blackest Night... roll eyes (sarcastic)

abhilegend
Then how can he win?
Thor>JSA. Didn't you know?

Prep-Man
LOL! ok zopzop

abhilegend
Yeah, beat a being who steamrolled entire JSA.

zopzop
Because nobody thought of that strategy during Blackest Night... roll eyes (sarcastic) Originally posted by Prep-Man
LOL! ok zopzop

Which part of this is false?

I also vaguely remember The Ray taking out a group of BLs but it exhausted his power supply.

Thor wins.

abhilegend

I also vaguely remember The Ray taking out a group of BLs but it exhausted his power supply.

Thor wins.
You think that a normal bl zombie is equal to Kal-L? They retain their powers. Nice reading from wikipedia. That was Dr light and she channels the powers of a star powerful enough to stagger anti monitor. Kal-L shrugged off HV attacks from superman and was beaten by plot devices both times. Thor is getting his heart ripped out here.

Prep-Man
LOL! Again at Zop

zopzop
You think that a normal bl zombie is equal to Kal-L? They retain their powers. Nice reading from wikipedia.

I'm talking about people saying how Thor would "put down a Black Lantern". And I actually have the issue when the Ray fought those BLs. It's just buried somewhere in my collection.

leonidas
Yeah, I think I'm gonna put the little fella on ignore again.

let that be a lesson to you. lol

and did i see somewhere that someone is claiming that cone blocked ALL energy?? blink

since they were still able to see, breathe, move and remained gravitationally bound to the ground, i'll go ahead and say that theory is pretty f'n stupid.

and as was pointed out--thor didn't even cancel out juggs' strength ffs. the cone was weird--seems all it did was block the ff and nothing more.

could thor block the bl energy? anything's possible i'd say, but i would think it was remote.

here thor was unable to drain these zombies (that included quicksilver and cap) of the energy that was controlling them. later in the arc he had to get starlight to drain them.

http://imageshack.us/photo/my-images/59/avengersv344downamongth.jpg/

obviously there is no direct analogy for a bl's power in marvel, but even though thor's forum-style 'can absorb anything and as much as he wants' is often reasonably accurate, like anything, it isn't always true. i don't see him being able to absorb death energy either.

abhilegend
I'm talking about people saying how Thor would "put down a Black Lantern". And I actually have the issue when the Ray fought those BLs. It's just buried somewhere in my collection.
Thor>JSA.
barker

zopzop
Thor>JSA.
barker

Thor is a legitimate Team Wrecker when he wants to be. Also his damage output, durability, and versatility are second to none among the elite high heralds.

Like I said earlier, Thor wins but he works for it.

abhilegend
Thor is a legitimate Team Wrecker when he wants to be. Also his damage output, durability, and versatility are second to none among the elite high heralds.

Like I said earlier, Thor wins but he works for it.
Do you know who were in the team which Kal-L fought? Alan scott, Dr fate, Citizen steel, Power girl, Magog, Atom smasher and many others. This team would merc any herald. Thor wins zilch. This guy once blew out a star with his breath and killed a weakened anti monitor with his fists.

quanchi112
Do you know who were in the team which Kal-L fought? Alan scott, Dr fate, Citizen steel, Power girl, Magog, Atom smasher and many others. This team would merc any herald. Thor wins zilch. This guy once blew out a star with his breath and killed a weakened anti monitor with his fists. Drax once ripped a star apart with his hands that doesn't mean he rips his peers in half. The jsa beat him. By your logic Black Adam>>>>Kal-l since the team he took on was far and away superior to the jsa who took on.

I posted a scan that literally TELLS US the specific type of energy Thor negated in that instance (ie. mystical.) Instead of accepting something blatantly written in black and white, you opted to make shit up and act like Thor's cone negated all types of energy, despite nothing of the sort being alluded to. That IS stupid. Pretty sure Pr and Bada would agree.

If you can't prove your stance with incontrovertible evidence (which you've yet to do) then accept it and move on. Don't argue just to argue. That's called trolling. It isn't just me who takes this stance. If you think this is the only example of him doing so then you need to read more Thor. In this instance the source of Juggs power was mystical so that's what was negated. Pretty cut and dry.

abhilegend
Drax once ripped a star apart with his hands that doesn't mean he rips his peers in half. The jsa beat him. By your logic Black Adam>>>>Kal-l since the team he took on was far and away superior to the jsa who took on.

It isn't just me who takes this stance. If you think this is the only example of him doing so then you need to read more Thor. In this instance the source of Juggs power was mystical so that's what was negated. Pretty cut and dry.
laughing out loud

quanchi112
laughing out loud I love it when you concede.

abhilegend
I love it when you concede.
Maybe in your dreams. I am just laughing at your trolling.

quanchi112
Maybe in your dreams. I am just laughing at your trolling. You acting like that feat overrides an on panel comparison is ludicrous. Feats usually have little meaning when these characters meet up.

abhilegend
You acting like that feat overrides an on panel comparison is ludicrous. Feats usually have little meaning when these characters meet up.
This isn't herochat.

Galan007
For the record, as a pretty well informed Thor reader myself, I'm totally against Thor's energy absorption abilities effecting a Black Lantern's ring or their Central Power Battery. But yeah, Thor isn't limited to absorbing or cancelling out mystical energy. Not by a long shot. Generally, if it's energy - whether it's magical, cosmic, electrical, a form of radiation, magnetic, etc - Mjolnir can absorb it and drain it. But I don't see Thor messing around with what makes the Black Lantern Corps tick.

At best, you could probably argue that Mjolnir could work alongside other emotional colors or temporarily put down a Black Lantern with intense light or just BFR them, but it becomes somewhat plot dependent. I agree with this. To say that Thor could negate a BL's power is, imo, a completely baseless opinion. I have personally never seen a feat Thor has preformed that is indcative of such.

I can agree with Thor mucking with a BL's power in other ways, but the aforementioned is just ridiculous imo.

quanchi112
This isn't herochat. And it isn't cbr. It's somewhere in the middle.

Cogito

IIRC Red Lanterns were only able to destroy the bodies of the fodder at a very rapid rate. They did not kill or sever I connection with the BL ring.

As for Mogo..

Unless you think Thor can replicate this, his approach is unique and irreplicable. Mogo can manipulate his gravity and his body (planet) at will. He used his gravity to suck all the Black Lanterns off Oa and absorb them into himself where he would be "sifted into atoms" and "superheated and prevented from reforming" for eternity. Thor is not doing that.

Horrificus
IIRC Red Lanterns were only able to destroy the bodies of the fodder at a very rapid rate. They did not kill or sever I connection with the BL ring.

As for Mogo..

Unless you think Thor can replicate this, his approach is unique and irreplicable. Mogo can manipulate his gravity and his body (planet) at will. He used his gravity to suck all the Black Lanterns off Oa and absorb them into himself where he would be "sifted into atoms" and "superheated and prevented from reforming" for eternity. Thor is not doing that.
1. His hammer is lethal to the undead.
2. His hammer can gather and control souls.
3. He has been shown to absorb and control pretty much ANY energy he wants to.
I don't know. To say that he just can't do anything effective against BL Supes does not seem accurate.

And, there are weaknesses with the Black Ring.

And, with Nekron being a "mystical entity" the power seems to be right up Thor's alley.

I am just not seeing were all of the rude knowing condescension is coming from.

All in all, very weak arguments against Thor so far.

iceman24567
All i know is Mogo is hardcore

Horrificus
Originally posted by iceman24567
All i know is Mogo is hardcore Yeah.

He seemed a little bit Too OK with the whole "souls burning at my center" thing. blink

Slaanesh
Kal-L win this..Thor has no way of putting him down for long..

iceman24567
Yeah.

He seemed a little bit Too OK with the whole "souls burning at my center" thing. blink He's just oozing with gangsta

Horrificus
Originally posted by Slaanesh
Kal-L win this..Thor has no way of putting him down for long.. In the words of Vincent Vega: "That's a Bold Statement."

Slaanesh
In the words of Vincent Vega: That's a Bold Statement.

at least i admit Thor can put him down..just not for long..

carver9
Originally posted by Slaanesh
at least i admit Thor can put him down..just not for long..

That's not good enough. embarrasment

abhilegend

To vampires, not zombies.

BLs doesn't have souls.

No limit fallacy. Show me thor manipulating lets say gravity.

Its accurate.

Like?

There is nothing mystical about nekron. In fact magic was in general useless against black lanterns.

I'm just not seeing why this thread isn't closed for spite.

You try to spin nekron as a mystical entity and then this argument.
facepalm

Slaanesh
That's not good enough. embarrasment

well..that's all i can give..Thor is not beating a Supes that can regenerate at will..

Cogito
2. His hammer can gather and control souls.
3. He has been shown to absorb and control pretty much ANY energy he wants to.
I don't know. To say that he just can't do anything effective against BL Supes does not seem accurate.

1&2. The Black Ring is their life/death "energy". I don't know how to put that to words, but it's the same concept as a Red Ring replacing a Red Lantern's heart.
3. No, it hasn't. And certainly not in any capacity. He can, and has, manipulated external energy. Other than the Juggernaut incident, which as been addressed to death in this thread and proven to be not applicable here, when has Thor manipulated someone's internal energy in a capacity like this?

And, there are weaknesses with the Black Ring.

And, with Nekron being a "mystical entity" the power seems to be right up Thor's alley.

I am just not seeing were all of the rude knowing condescension is coming from.

All in all, very weak arguments against Thor so far.
There are no weaknesses of a Black Ring that are available to Thor. He can't manipulate multiple emotional spectrum energies any more than I can. He can't sift Kal-L's body into atoms and continuously superheat it at all, let alone long enough for a forum win.

Thor fans are still ignoring the fact that this is Kal-L, not some undead human fodder. Kal-L would give Thor a run for his money on his own, let alone with a ridiculous amp like a BL ring.

And lol at Nekron being a mystical entity, as if that has ever been said/implied or as if he's remotely in Thor's ballpark.

Surtur with Twilight is a "mystical entity". He'd ragestomp Thor's alley for shits and giggles.

Horrificus
To vampires, not zombies.

BLs doesn't have souls.

No limit fallacy. Show me thor manipulating lets say gravity.

Its accurate.

Like?

There is nothing mystical about nekron. In fact magic was in general useless against black lanterns.

I'm just not seeing why this thread isn't closed for spite.

You try to spin nekron as a mystical entity and then this argument.
facepalm Get back to you...

PillarofOsiris
Actually I'm almost positive Thor has controlled gravity with his hammer. But yeah, this thread should be closed as massive spite. You might as well make a Superboy Prime vs Thor thread.

zopzop
And lol at Nekron being a mystical entity, as if that has ever been said/implied or as if he's remotely in Thor's ballpark.

Surtur with Twilight is a "mystical entity". He'd ragestomp Thor's alley for shits and giggles.

Please don't tell me you are comparing Nekron to Surtur with Twilight (s super skyfather level being)?!

JakeTheBank
Why wouldn't he be?

Prep-Man
Kal-L.

Horrificus

Prep-Man
I don't think that's exactly similar. Nor do I think Thor will keep Kal down for long. And he's certainly not going to overpower him.

abhilegend

Already answered. To vampires, not zombies.

BLs don't have souls. Ring controls them.

This is the biggest pile of bullshit I've seen this side of carver's arguments.

What's the point of showing all of this? We all know what mjolnir's capable of.

Here thor was unable to drain these zombies

http://imageshack.us/f/59/avengersv344downamongth.jpg/

And this makes him mystical in nature?

Your imagination is running wild.

I stand corrected. This is even bigger pile of bullshit.

We can end this thread in one word if you are trying to get tangential and picking up feats from random which haven't been addressed in decades: Speedblitz.

Horrificus
Already answered. To vampires, not zombies.

BLs don't have souls. Ring controls them.

This is the biggest pile of bullshit I've seen this side of carver's arguments.

What's the point of showing all of this? We all know what mjolnir's capable of.

Here thor was unable to drain these zombies

http://imageshack.us/f/59/avengersv344downamongth.jpg/

And this makes him mystical in nature?

Your imagination is running wild.

I stand corrected. This is even bigger pile of bullshit.

We can end this thread in one word if you are trying to get tangential and picking up feats from random which haven't been addressed in decades: Speedblitz.
That post was not directed at you. The feat-list was directed at a statement that lowballed Thor's energy manipulation feats.

The white light attack on Darkoth was a joke. You would have known that if you weren't UPSET about this comic book post. big grin

And, it wasn't "bullshit", so you can direct the psycho-rant elsewhere, unless you want to spend the night posting scans that show I am wrong... Because this goofy crap where you Super-Queens just block out anything you feel like ignoring or denying, is getting boring.

Unfortunately, Thor's power profile is about a mile long. Whether you like it or not. It's not anybody's fault, so there is no reason to act like idiots?

You don't see me saying that Superman doesn't have heat-vision or limitless strength.

I have to admit that you have definitely proven something...

I thought the Hulk and Thanos fanboys were bad. But, you guys r a freakshow when it comes to Superman. laughing

Nasty, cursing insult-slinging idiots.

And, congratulations on being able to insult carver as you insult me.
Whew! that was a close one! we can't have too many pages go by without insulting carver.

Your arguments have been absolutely retarded. Instead of answering anything, you have kept the entire thread in a fog with vague ideas about what might or might not be.

You don't even know the source of BL Kal L's power, but you are sure that Thor can't control it.

You are all experts on Nekron, but apparently, he and his powers are outside the realm of "mystical" or "real-space" classification. Duh! Great info.

And, EVERYBODY is sure that the Black Ring has NO weaknesses. Holy-Homos! That is just a pile of crap. roll eyes (sarcastic)

Instead of explaining how Kal-L thwarts the Thor powers that I have brought up, you clowns just claim that Thor either does not have them, or have decided that they will do nothing against Kal-L without any evidence.

All in all, it is equal to me saying that if Superman enters Marvel Universe, he would be a mid-tier hero.

Unfortunately, Thor is at the top of the pyramid. His feats are up in the rafters.

If you don't like it, write to Marvel Comics. But, don't act like idiots to members that are just defending the books.

Hilarious! And, up until now, I haven't said anything nasty or inflammatory. Just backed my case. And, why don't you go back and read some of the things you have written.
Let that sink in.

Now, instead of coming back with more insults and baseless statements and denial, why don't you come back with some actual evidence, statements or scans, showing that my statements are wrong. Or, SHOW how and why Kal-L would be able to shrug off everything Thor has.
Try "debating". Maybe the other goofs think you are cool wink but cursing and insulting has done nothing for your side so far.

abhilegend
That post was not directed at you. The feat-list was directed at a statement that lowballed Thor's energy manipulation feats.

The white light attack on Darkoth was a joke. You would have known that if you weren't UPSET about this comic book post. big grin

And, it wasn't "bullshit", so you can direct the psycho-rant elsewhere, unless you want to spend the night posting scans that show I am wrong... Because this goofy crap where you Super-Queens just block out anything you feel like ignoring or denying, is getting boring.

Unfortunately, Thor's power profile is about a mile long. Whether you like it or not. It's not anybody's fault, so there is no reason to act like idiots?

You don't see me saying that Superman doesn't have heat-vision or limitless strength.

I have to admit that you have definitely proven something...

I thought the Hulk and Thanos fanboys were bad. But, you guys r a freakshow when it comes to Superman. laughing

Nasty, cursing insult-slinging idiots.

And, congratulations on being able to insult carver as you insult me.
Whew! that was a close one! we can't have too many pages go by without insulting carver.

Your arguments have been absolutely retarded. Instead of answering anything, you have kept the entire thread in a fog with vague ideas about what might or might not be.

You don't even know the source of BL Kal L's power, but you are sure that Thor can't control it.

You are all experts on Nekron, but apparently, he and his powers are outside the realm of "mystical" or "real-space" classification. Duh! Great info.

And, EVERYBODY is sure that the Black Ring has NO weaknesses. Holy-Homos! That is just a pile of crap. roll eyes (sarcastic)

Instead of explaining how Kal-L thwarts the Thor powers that I have brought up, you clowns just claim that Thor either does not have them, or have decided that they will do nothing against Kal-L without any evidence.

All in all, it is equal to me saying that if Superman enters Marvel Universe, he would be a mid-tier hero.

Unfortunately, Thor is at the top of the pyramid. His feats are up in the rafters.

If you don't like it, write to Marvel Comics. But, don't act like idiots to members that are just defending the books.

Hilarious! And, up until now, I haven't said anything nasty or inflammatory. Just backed my case. And, why don't you go back and read some of the things you have written.
Let that sink in.

Now, instead of coming back with more insults and baseless statements and denial, why don't you come back with some actual evidence, statements or scans, showing that my statements are wrong. Or, SHOW how and why Kal-L would be able to shrug off everything Thor has.
Try "debating". Maybe the other goofs think you are cool wink but cursing and insulting has done nothing for your side so far.
http://3432-philly.voxcdn.com/files/2011/08/asante-u-mad-bro2.jpg

BTW, I wasn't insulting you. If I sounded that way, I apologize.

abhilegend
For those dolts who forgot about this timeless epic.stick out tongue

http://i1113.photobucket.com/albums/k508/abhilegend/Pre-crisis/th_Crisis12-31.jpg http://i1113.photobucket.com/albums/k508/abhilegend/Pre-crisis/th_Crisis12-32.jpg http://i1113.photobucket.com/albums/k508/abhilegend/Pre-crisis/th_Crisis12-33.jpg http://i1113.photobucket.com/albums/k508/abhilegend/Pre-crisis/th_Crisis12-34.jpg http://i1113.photobucket.com/albums/k508/abhilegend/Pre-crisis/th_Crisis12-35.jpg http://i1113.photobucket.com/albums/k508/abhilegend/Pre-crisis/th_Crisis12-36.jpg http://i1113.photobucket.com/albums/k508/abhilegend/Pre-crisis/th_Crisis12-37.jpg

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.