Pick Your Power

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.

Blair Wind
The power you pick will be used in the real world. No other superhuman will exist outside of you. Consider all real world implications of your powers before choosing:

Telekinesis: Around the same power level as the guys in Chronicle.
Teleportation: Like Spartan 3.0 who can not only teleport himself but other objects or people without touching them or even being in their vicinity.
Telepathy: Ability to read minds, absorb information, but no direct ability to control them outright. You can enter people's dreams or take them into an astral plane with you - but they always retain their free will. You can control this ability so you are not always hearing voices.
Time Stop: Sort of like Hiro's ability to stop time - but not his other abilities. Basically, think Zack Morris from "Saved by the Bell" and his "time-outs".
Healing Factor: Logan's HF
Shape Shifting: The ability to change into any other person or animal.

JakeTheBank
Telekinesis.

Endless Mike
Hf if it grants immortality

BlackZero30x
Originally posted by Blair Wind
The power you pick will be used in the real world. No other superhuman will exist outside of you. Consider all real world implications of your powers before choosing:

Telekinesis: Around the same power level as the guys in Chronicle.
Teleportation: Like Spartan 3.0 who can not only teleport himself but other objects or people without touching them or even being in their vicinity.
Telepathy: Ability to read minds, absorb information, but no direct ability to control them outright. You can enter people's dreams or take them into an astral plane with you - but they always retain their free will. You can control this ability so you are not always hearing voices.
Time Stop: Sort of like Hiro's ability to stop time - but not his other abilities. Basically, think Zack Morris from "Saved by the Bell" and his "time-outs".
Healing Factor: Logan's HF
Shape Shifting: The ability to change into any other person or animal.

how far does the shifting go? More powerful shifters like mystique have a kind of natural healing ability.

Blair Wind
No healing for shape-shifters. You get hurt in one form, you are still hurt when you go back to normal. I wanted to limit the powers a bit here.

psycho gundam

Teleportation: Like Spartan 3.0 who can not only teleport himself but other objects or people without touching them or even being in their vicinity. it has to be this, cause fighting the world is inevitable this way i can have fun first and fight back when they have enough of my existence

Flyattractor
Toss up between Telepathy and HF.

Telepathy can be a very REWARDING ability,but the HF has some nice benifits to it as well.

Flyattractor
rolling on floor laughing

dmills
Time stop.

carver9
HF

abhilegend
Time stop. Think what can you do with ladies.
naughty

BlackZero30x
No healing for shape-shifters. You get hurt in one form, you are still hurt when you go back to normal. I wanted to limit the powers a bit here.

Healing Factor in this case with Telepathy as a close second lol

With a Healing Factor I could do anything I want and not have to care about most consequences! lol

Blair Wind
Originally posted by abhilegend
naughty

Pretty sure if that was your only goal you can do more with the other powers (without resorting to, basically, mannequin rape).

TK = ultimate vibrator.
Shape shift your way into some game.
TP = take her into the astral field as it's happening and have a full sensory overload beyond what you are used to.

Existere
Telepathy. Without the drawbacks of hearing voices, the ability to absorb information is way too tempting. Becoming a master of whatever profession you wanted, the assimilation of any skills, etc. Any adrenaline rush you could get through shapeshifting, you could get by entering someone's dream or messing around on the astral plane. While you can't control their free will, you might be able to mess around with their perceptions of the world in small ways, and I imagine sensing something through another person's eyes/nose/body to be a perfectly trippy experience.

Just too versatile and cool.

Raptor22
I'd go with the healing factor if it came with immortality or extra long life. if not I'd go with time stop.

Existere
naughty When they can't move, speak or sense?

Just buy a fleshlight and use your imagination.

JakeTheBank
lol

Spire
Originally posted by JakeTheBank
Telekinesis.

abhilegend
Originally posted by Existere
When they can't move, speak or sense?

Just buy a fleshlight and use your imagination.
Jerkass.

nahuh

Batman-Prime
Shapeshift or Telepathy

Cogito
Definitely between TK, Teleportation, and Time Stop. mmm

One things for sure, and that is that I definitely don't want to know what messed up shit people are thinking (I barely want to know about what messed up shit I'm thinking). Oh, and shape-shifting is lame by comparison.

Newjak
The only down side to having Logan's Healing Factor is that you would have to outlive everyone you loved. which sucks.

Telepathy without control is just a crazy mind waiting to happen. Hte human brain can only handle so much before it over loads.

TK is really cool, and useful in a butt load of situations. You can turn yourself into Superman lite of course the drawback being you are vulnerable if you are still asleep.

Shapeshifting is cool because it's makes you next to impossible to track, and give yous a butt load of ways to handle a situation. Need power change into a T-Rex, need to be stealthy change into another human being.

Teleportation is also cool because you could do some sick things with it but you are also still vulnerable when you sleep or if you are not ready for something.

Time Stop is probably the one power you could abuse the most depending on it's limits. I don't know if it has a duration limit or something so it could be the most OP ability hear depending on that. Of course you will still die eventually.

Honestly it just depends on what you want to do. I would obviously want to help people as much as possible so taking on the Healing factor and using that to cure all world diseases could be rather cool.

Parmaniac
Telepathy

Cogito
Originally posted by Newjak
TK is really cool, and useful in a butt load of situations. You can turn yourself into Superman lite of course the drawback being you are vulnerable if you are still asleep.

Shapeshifting is cool because it's makes you next to impossible to track, and give yous a butt load of ways to handle a situation. Need power change into a T-Rex, need to be stealthy change into another human being.

Teleportation is also cool because you could do some sick things with it but you are also still vulnerable when you sleep or if you are not ready for something.

All of these negatives imply that you're going to use your powers (and reveal that you have them) in a way that will make people want to kill you.

I can't speak for you, but I'd sure as hell keep it to myself. Don't get me wrong, I'd like to help people, but personally I wouldn't do it in a Superman-esque way.

Batman-Prime
Originally posted by Cogito
Definitely between TK, Teleportation, and Time Stop. mmm

One things for sure, and that is that I definitely don't want to know what messed up shit people are thinking (I barely want to know about what messed up shit I'm thinking). Oh, and shape-shifting is lame by comparison.

Telepathy can help you in life and you could get rich quite easy with it^^.
Shapeshifting gives you almost every power imaginable. You want to fly somewhere? No problem, dive really deep, easy. Need strength, speed? Everything is yours. There are so many animals...

Newjak
Originally posted by Cogito
All of these negatives imply that you're going to use your powers (and reveal that you have them) in a way that will make people want to kill you.

I can't speak for you, but I'd sure as hell keep it to myself. Don't get me wrong, I'd like to help people, but personally I wouldn't do it in a Superman-esque way. The point I was trying to make is that unless you are prepared for something you can still die relatively easily. Which could be a factor in choosing which ones you want to use since HF and Time Stop(Depending on level of power) could stop. Teleportation is cool but if some random dude comes up and shoots you in the back of the head it's won't help you. Nor will it if you are asleep and your house catches on fire and kills you before you wake up.

Estacado
Tk at the end off Chronicle they were pretty hardcore flying ,imploding ,throwing buses...etc

Blair Wind
The point I was trying to make is that unless you are prepared for something you can still die relatively easily. Which could be a factor in choosing which ones you want to use since HF and Time Stop(Depending on level of power) could stop. Teleportation is cool but if some random dude comes up and shoots you in the back of the head it's won't help you. Nor will it if you are asleep and your house catches on fire and kills you before you wake up.

The chances of that happening are slim. You shouldn't base your choices on the possibility that this one encounter or scenario might take place. Because if that is the case you should never pick the HF. You might end up in California during an earthquake and live forever trapped under the earth.

Also, not everyone's thought process for picking these is "What will help me not die". We are humans. We all die - unless that is what is truly important to you and you can then pick the HF.

Other people want to help people (like you said earlier), others want to have fun, etc.

Newjak
The chances of that happening are slim. You shouldn't base your choices on the possibility that this one encounter or scenario might take place. Because if that is the case you should never pick the HF. You might end up in California during an earthquake and live forever trapped under the earth.

Also, not everyone's thought process for picking these is "What will help me not die". We are humans. We all die - unless that is what is truly important to you and you can then pick the HF.

Other people want to help people (like you said earlier), others want to have fun, etc. Except my Scenarios are still way more likely then yours.

Plus you will still die of old age.

Personally if you wanted to help people I would say healing factor is the best. You can help cure diseases, stopping random normal crimes would be easy, plus you could do it for longer than the other powers since you live longer.

Like you said though it's different flavors for different people, but having a power that does have to be mentally activated for it to be used does come with drawbacks.

dmills
Yeah, that's why I like the time stop. I just thought it'd be the most fun and useful for me. Going to be late to work? Time stop lol.

Galan007
In RL I'd want teleportation. Traveling anywhere on earth with a thought would be amazing.

abhilegend
Originally posted by Galan007
In RL I'd want teleportation. Traveling anywhere on earth with a thought would be amazing.
You can easily teleport inside a wall and upon solidifying
over

Uriel005
The only down side to having Logan's Healing Factor is that you would have to outlive everyone you loved. which sucks.

Telepathy without control is just a crazy mind waiting to happen. Hte human brain can only handle so much before it over loads.

Time Stop is probably the one power you could abuse the most depending on it's limits. I don't know if it has a duration limit or something so it could be the most OP ability hear depending on that. Of course you will still die eventually.

Honestly it just depends on what you want to do. I would obviously want to help people as much as possible so taking on the Healing factor and using that to cure all world diseases could be rather cool. With HF you could also be experimented on for all eternity by the greedy bastards who want it for themselves.... eternity of torture not cool.

Galan007
You can easily teleport inside a wall and upon solidifying
over According to this thread the teleportation power is on par with Spartan 3.0's. Therefore I wouldn't make a n00b mistake like that.

So phuck you. crackers

abhilegend
According to this thread the teleportation power is on par with Spartan 3.0's. Therefore I wouldn't make a n00b mistake like that.

So phuck you. crackers
Its a trap for n00bs like you. OP only says that you can teleport things like spartan without touching them. It doesn't say you have the same exact ability.

You phuck everyone trying to help you.
ahah

Galan007
You phuck everyone trying to help you.
ahah thorboned

abhilegend
thorboned
fu

Blair Wind
Teleporting is usually thought of as a less cool/useful power overall so I wanted to up it a little bit - I made it like Spartan 3.0. You won't be teleporting into walls or anything like that.

Galan007
^ Cool, then I'd definitely pick that. Speaking from a "dad" perspective, it would be awesome to take the family on a vacation every week, without having to worry about a long drive/flight.

...and I won't lie, 'porting into the occasional bank vault would be an added perk.

Blair Wind
^ Cool, then I'd definitely pick that. Speaking from a "dad" perspective, it would be awesome to take the family on a vacation every week, without having to worry about a long drive/flight.

...and I won't lie, 'porting into the occasional bank vault would be an added perk.

Why would you need to 'port into the vault when the money can just be 'ported to you?

Less chance of a video camera spotting you. stick out tongue

Galan007
Why would you need to 'port into the vault when the money can just be 'ported to you?

Less chance of a video camera spotting you. stick out tongue mmm

Didn't even think of that, tbh. Love it, though thumb up. What's the largest (weight-wise) thing I could teleport?

Blair Wind
Around the same level of what you would be able to pick up if you chose telekinesis.

Galan007
I never saw Chronicles. What could they lift/move?

Newjak
I never saw Chronicles. What could they lift/move? Never saw it either.

abhilegend
mmm

Didn't even think of that, tbh. Love it, though thumb up. What's the largest (weight-wise) thing I could teleport?
n00b.
uhuh

Blair Wind
I never saw Chronicles. What could they lift/move?

Cars, trucks, buses. I'd say a mid-sized house would be the biggest thing you could teleport, while straining.

Galan007
n00b.
uhuh sad

Cars, trucks, buses. I'd say a mid-sized house would be the biggest thing you could teleport, while straining. So 'porting a pallet of gold from Fort Knox, or a few million dollars in small bills should be within my range, right?

Teleportation=win.

Lord Feron
For these powers, can you do it without exhaustion. Like if I wanted to lepeort a parking lot full of cars to another country or whatever. I would have to teleport one car at a time. Would I get tired after a while of just do it effortlessly. (same questions for all other powers). Basically is there a limit to it's use?

Blair Wind
Originally posted by Lord Feron
For these powers, can you do it without exhaustion. Like if I wanted to lepeort a parking lot full of cars to another country or whatever. I would have to teleport one car at a time. Would I get tired after a while of just do it effortlessly. (same questions for all other powers). Basically is there a limit to it's use?

A) You could teleport several cars at a time (again, Spartan 3.0.)

B) I liked Chronicle's explanation of the power: it's like a muscle. The more you use it, the more powerful you get. Yes, exhaustion can kick in - but let's leave that for the more extreme of cases and not every day use. Try and make the distinction between "walking" with your power and "running full speed" with your power.

For example, with TK you can fly around for extended periods of time and be fine. With 'porting, unless you are moving 15 cars or 1 house you should be fine.

Glorificus
Telepathy.

It's still more useful, pragmatic, and virtually undetectable. And you'd never get into trouble with cops or with secret organizations like in Chronicle or Jumper.

Newjak
Cars, trucks, buses. I'd say a mid-sized house would be the biggest thing you could teleport, while straining. Blair with Telepathy do you mean you can't use it to control someone or you can't control which thoughts enter your brain?

Blair Wind
You can control the power so that you are not with "cursed telepathy" - meaning you do not need to hear everyone's thoughts.

You cannot mind control someone into doing your bidding.

Lord Feron
A) You could teleport several cars at a time (again, Spartan 3.0.)

B) I liked Chronicle's explanation of the power: it's like a muscle. The more you use it, the more powerful you get. Yes, exhaustion can kick in - but let's leave that for the more extreme of cases and not every day use. Try and make the distinction between "walking" with your power and "running full speed" with your power.

For example, with TK you can fly around for extended periods of time and be fine. With 'porting, unless you are moving 15 cars or 1 house you should be fine.

Thanks!

Then teleportation, ability to move that sort of volume is insanely lucrative, think how much money goes into delvering things not just packages I am talking about cargo loads. Moving commodities/items or what would take months by boat or even a day or 2 by air. Would make a ton of money without stealing it.

Also I would be able to transport food where there is so much excess to places where they have none where most of the time it's the transportation cost thats keeping people from getting what they need.

Also you teleport large quantities of trash or toxic crap out into space or something.

Also don't like somebody Poof! Gone, send them anywhere you want them to be.

JayDaDon
It's between teleportation and shape shifting for me. With shape shifting you could be heroic and fly around the world, take place of infamous world leaders fixing s#it, or just lock yourself in the bathroom for hours looking exactly like Scarlet johansson and get creative. Whichever floats your boat.

Batman-Prime
Originally posted by JayDaDon
It's between teleportation and shape shifting for me. With shape shifting you could be heroic and fly around the world, take place of infamous world leaders fixing s#it, or just lock yourself in the bathroom for hours looking exactly like Scarlet johansson and get creative. Whichever floats your boat.

Before her breast reduction.... sadwalk

"Id"
Telepathy or healing factor.

-Pr-
Telepathy or HF too, actually.

Astner
The healing factor if it provides the benefit of a prolonged lifespan. If not then telepathy. Teleportation would also be nice if not for its lack of subtlety.

Stoic
Teleportation.
Just think of waking up in the morning and instead of having to drive or take public transportation, you could just pop in to the wash room of your job. Or depending on your reach you could live hundreds of miles from work, and be home before the guy that works only 15 minutes from home. You could dine in China, and be on the Swiss Alps a second later. Too kewl.

Blair Wind
For me it is a choice between teleportation and telekinesis.

Teleportation would allow me to go anywhere in the world I wanted and gives me a lot of versatility because I can also teleport other things besides myself. Traveling the world suddenly becomes a complete possibility and is something I've always wanted to do.

Telekinesis would be a fun power to have to simply manipulate the world around me in ways similar to some of my favorite comic book characters. And having the opportunity to experience the sheer thrill of flying would be a heavy influence towards this choice - teleportation might be a faster way of travel, but flying would be much more fun.

I can't choose.

MF DELPH
Of the powers listed I'd choose the Spartan teleportion. It solves so many issues, could be used to amass wealth, and you'd never need a passport, or transportation, in order to travel anywhere in the world.

kgkg
Getting any of these powers will make you extremely wealthy.

I will take healing if it will make me immortal<or close> if not I will go with Telekinesis.

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.