Another race?

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.

Stoic

Lord Lucien
Originally posted by Stoic
Could there have been another race of humanoids that existed on this planet? While watching the Discovery channel several years ago, I recall a show that made reference to current times and that not all people on Earth come from a common ancestor. What they meant, was that not all people were 100% people You mean like this?

Stoic
Originally posted by Lord Lucien
You mean like this?

It could be, but then again what Neanderthal fossils are there that are 12-25 feet in stature? It was also stated on Discovery, that the percentage may have been lower than 1 to 4 percent of a persons genetic makeup, but more to the tune of less than 12 percent of the Earths population. I just wish that I knew what the name of the program that I watched was called, because it was really interesting.

If i remember correctly, it stated that most people do not have that particular gene in them. Also the historical records would be way off, because the time of the last biblical records of the Nephilim were not much earlier than Jesus' time, or was that Solomon. Hmm.... I have some reading to do.

dadudemon
Originally posted by Lord Lucien
You mean like this?

laughing laughing

Yes, that.

However, I would say that neanderthal was not the only dilutor of current human blood.

Ancient aliens, man. evil face

It could be, but then again what Neanderthal fossils are there that are 12-25 feet in stature? It was also stated on Discovery, that the percentage may have been lower than 1 to 4 percent of a persons genetic makeup, but more to the tune of less than 12 percent of the Earths population. I just wish that I knew what the name of the program that I watched was called, because it was really interesting.

If i remember correctly, it stated that most people do not have that particular gene in them. Also the historical records would be way off, because the time of the last biblical records of the Nephilim were not much earlier than Jesus' time, or was that Solomon. Hmm.... I have some reading to do.

I do think that not all things can be explained. I obviously believe in the God of the Hebrews, but that does not mean that I hold everything the Hebrews produced to be factually correct. It is possible that there is some truth to those verses. However, overtime, it could have become something slightly different. Maybe not angels. Maybe angels. We cannot know for sure. It could be australopithecus or a cousin of that species that is referenced as the "giants". We simply do not know.

Read James 1:5. If it is something you need to know, it will be reveled. Maybe you are suppose to go into the scientific field and discover this explanation?

The great library of Byzantine that was destroyed in the ...what was it...Fifth Cursade? Maybe it was the 6th. But, anyway, I think tons and tons of information and ancient records were lost during that takeover by the crusaders. A shit ton of information has been lost due to Christian idiocy during the Crusades. That makes me a bit angry, to be honest. Same with the library at Alexandria, iirc. WHAT DID WE LOSE? We could have possibly gotten more information about Atlantis, ancient creatures, more mythology and lore, etc.

Symmetric Chaos
So far there is no reason to think they ever existed. Find some good evidence and we can talk.

Stoic
http://www.skuggen.com/2010/05/we-have-heard-of-the-nephilim-but-who-were-the-rephaim/

The picture in this link was originally created by a persons or persons perspective of some form of royal court, or King with his subjects. What do you see in it? Looking at the clothing that they wore, it is clear that these people were not cave men, but to the contrary, appear to be closer to modern man. Not to mention, that the tools used to create such a piece of art would have likely come from a period after man began shaping steel and iron.

inimalist
not to be crass, but through what mechanism do you see a human woman baring the child of even one of the smaller, 12' tall, Nephilim/Nephelim/Nefilīm? The birth canal in women, even for what would be comparatively small human infants, is tiny given the size of our heads, and we already take considerably longer to mature outside of the womb than do other animals. Or even forget pregnancy. Sex itself would be nearly impossible. There are extremes of human anatomy that prevent intercourse. Even the most averagely endowed male of the Nephelim is still 2-6 times the size of the human. I dare say, no womb will be in any condition to bare a ginormous child after that night of "pleasure".

Even if you try to assume the interbreeding between the "races" (I don't think race is technically the correct term, idk) comes from male humans to female Nephelim, you are still looking at what amounts to artificial insemination practices when the body of the female is twice that of the male. Similar to above, you could ask if the womb of a 15' tall woman is going to be the most appropriate place for a human sized child.

Pseudo history and all that aside, this just fails on a pure question of mechanics...

Robtard
Originally posted by inimalist
not to be crass, but through what mechanism do you see a human woman baring the child of even one of the smaller, 12' tall, Nephilim/Nephelim/Nefilīm? The birth canal in women, even for what would be comparatively small human infants, is tiny given the size of our heads, and we already take considerably longer to mature outside of the womb than do other animals. Or even forget pregnancy. Sex itself would be nearly impossible. There are extremes of human anatomy that prevent intercourse. Even the most averagely endowed male of the Nephelim is still 2-6 times the size of the human. I dare say, no womb will be in any condition to bare a ginormous child after that night of "pleasure".

Even if you try to assume the interbreeding between the "races" (I don't think race is technically the correct term, idk) comes from male humans to female Nephelim, you are still looking at what amounts to artificial insemination practices when the body of the female is twice that of the male. Similar to above, you could ask if the womb of a 15' tall woman is going to be the most appropriate place for a human sized child.

Pseudo history and all that aside, this just fails on a pure question of mechanics...

Not that I believe 12' aliens came down and butt****ed our great x50 grandmothers but people have mated a male Chihuahua with a German Shepard, ie a 4-5lb pound dog with an 70-80lb dog.

Stoic

Who is to say that there were never female Nephilim? The Sons of God stop with the Angels, but what is to say that the Nephelim were not female? The idea that our world is populated with more woman than men, could have applied there as well.

Originally posted by Robtard
Not that I believe 12' aliens came down and butt****ed our great x50 grandmothers but people have mated a male Chihuahua with a German Shepard, ie a 4-5lb pound dog with an 70-80lb dog.

I never considered that.

inimalist

sure, I can't imagine they did it through sexual intercourse though.

Which is sort of what I mean. Even if we assume male humans to female Nephelim, it would have to essentially be a medical procedure aimed at cross-breeding the species, not the result of just natural interbreeding practices. Not impossible, but certainly showing a sophistication in reproductive/medical knowledge/practice not normally associated with the earliest of human civilizations.

12' is the low end though, his picture suggests there were 36' angels that interbred with humans. That's a hentai fetish as far as I'm concerned

Omega Vision

Which is sort of what I mean. Even if we assume male humans to female Nephelim, it would have to essentially be a medical procedure aimed at cross-breeding the species, not the result of just natural interbreeding practices. Not impossible, but certainly showing a sophistication in reproductive/medical knowledge/practice not normally associated with the earliest of human civilizations.

12' is the low end though, his picture suggests there were 36' angels that interbred with humans. That's a hentai fetish as far as I'm concerned
It'd still be fetishy at the 12' mark.

inimalist
Who is to say that there were never female Nephilim? The Sons of God stop with the Angels, but what is to say that the Nephelim were not female? The idea that our world is populated with more woman than men, could have applied there as well.

? confused

Even if we assume male humans to female Nephelim, it would have to essentially be a medical procedure aimed at cross-breeding the species, not the result of just natural interbreeding practices. Not impossible, but certainly showing a sophistication in reproductive/medical knowledge/practice not normally associated with the earliest of human civilizations.

Omega Vision

Did you take a course on the anatomy of Nephelim penises?

I think FSU has that course, but it was only a 2000 level so it's like what's the point?

Robtard

Artificial inseminating, iirc, though the visual of a Chihuahua going at at German Shepard is fun.

If we're talking "angels", all science is thrown out, could just say "god magic" made the unions and births possible.

inimalist
Originally posted by Omega Vision
Did you take a course on the anatomy of Nephelim penises? If so you have an amazing University.

theophaliology 101

I suppose there are some underlying assumptions I'm making here.

God could have given them baby-dicks for the specific purpose of interbreeding with humans so that they go extinct but pass some genetic information into humans which God could have just done in the first place making the whole idea redundant entirely.

inimalist
If we're talking "angels", all science is thrown out, could just say "god magic" made the unions and births possible.

sure, but the thread isn't presenting this as some "God magic" thing, its trying to talk about the science of the genetics.

you're right, sure, God could have made it work, but that just raises so many other questions, like, WTF God?

Robtard
sure, but the thread isn't presenting this as some "God magic" thing, its trying to talk about the science of the genetics.

you're right, sure, God could have made it work, but that just raises so many other questions, like, WTF God?

Ah, I only skimmed. Science and angels. LoL.

God's the original troll.

Stoic

Let me correct you here. The bible referred to Angels as being as large as mountains, or as small as a pin head. If true, this means that an Angel could appear the same size of an average man in stature, while his/its children may not have the same ability to change their stature at will.

Omega Vision

Pretty sure God forbade the angels from interbreeding...but then it's not like God's ever been that big on enforcing that which he forbids. In fact my understanding of a lot of Judeo-Christian mythology is that Yaweh plans to have his rules broken.

Stoic
Pretty sure God forbade the angels from interbreeding...but then it's not like God's ever been that big on enforcing that which he forbids. In fact my understanding of a lot of Judeo-Christian mythology is that Yaweh plans to have his rules broken.

The ones that took human wives were also said to have been fallen Angels, or in other words Demons. This can not be pinned on God, but his creations will to do as they pleased. It was also stated that these fallen Angels did not just stick to sleeping with women, but took whatever they wanted to have sex with, including animals. I don't see why this would be unsettling to anyone, as people have also done the unseemly sexually. I have a friend for example who said that men in his country (Greece) have sex with sheep.

Robtard
You don't have to go all the way to Greece to find people who fvck animals. It happens in the US too. See: Mr. Hands.

Stoic
You don't have to go all the way to Greece to find people who fvck animals. It happens in the US too. See: Mr. Hands.

laughing

Mindship

http://28.media.tumblr.com/tumblr_m03pxf2vGB1qizhaoo1_500.gif

Insemination Vision ftw.

Robtard
Originally posted by Mindship
http://28.media.tumblr.com/tumblr_m03pxf2vGB1qizhaoo1_500.gif

Insemination Vision ftw.

Uber feminist have claimed that men can "rape women with their eyes", so yeah, makes sense.

ArtificialGlory
See: Mr. Hands.

http://i0.kym-cdn.com/photos/images/newsfeed/000/106/887/backpain-1292835351.jpg

dadudemon

The entire premise of your argument is slightly flawed, though there is merit in what you're saying.

Most male penises are around 5-6' erect. There are lots of men running around with penises in the 8-9" range which makes it near impossible for most smaller women to think about having sex with. Yet sex can occur.

A humanoid with a penis in the 8-11" range would be able to have sex with some women. Though rare, it is possible.

Also, you can get a woman preggo by spunking on the entrance, as well. Even leakage from the anus can get a woman pregnant so the "use the back door" technique is not fool-proof.

Additionally, the "womb" argument doesn't work at alll. Twins and triplets were had in generations past. Sure, it was much harder for a woman to survive the pregnancy and birth of triplets, but it still happened. So even if the baby had a gestational period that was around 10-11 months and was 2-3 times larger, it is still possible.

There is also the possibility that gestational periods were very similar (why assume that a mostly human creature would have a drastically different gestational period?). Developing sizes may have been similar in size, as well (if the "mixing" really did happen, then there must have been a mechanism in place that allowed breeding to occur). Penis size was only marginally bigger (why not? Gorilla males are much larger, on average, to our human males and their penises are much smaller). Etc. All could work out with all the problems you mentioned.

Also, some women and men take horse cocks. no expression Argument has now ended, lol.

sick

In fact my understanding of a lot of Judeo-Christian mythology is that Yaweh plans to have his rules broken.

I agree. Seems as though the rules were "aribtrary" half of the time and the other half of the time, they were preparatory rules for even stricter ones (for instance, don't commit adultery became "don't lust after one another, as well" by the time Jesus came around)

Omega Vision
This can not be pinned on God
Why not? Negative responsibility to protect humans and God's adherence to it seems to be one of the major selling points for Christianity.

Furthermore, if you have an Omnipotent, Omnscient, and Proactive being like Yaweh supposedly is, then nothing can ever happen that he doesn't want to happen.

Robtard
Originally posted by dadudemon
Even leakage from the anus can get a woman pregnant so the "use the back door" technique is not fool-proof.

Show proof, or it's a myth.

Symmetric Chaos
http://www.skuggen.com/2010/05/we-have-heard-of-the-nephilim-but-who-were-the-rephaim/

The picture in this link was originally created by a persons or persons perspective of some form of royal court, or King with his subjects. What do you see in it? Looking at the clothing that they wore, it is clear that these people were not cave men, but to the contrary, appear to be closer to modern man. Not to mention, that the tools used to create such a piece of art would have likely come from a period after man began shaping steel and iron.

I almost can't believe you just fell for the "lab coat" trick.

That's just a picture of a carving they have there at the top. It isn't mentioned in the text of the article, let alone presented with evidence about its period of origin.

Stoic
Why not? Negative responsibility to protect humans and God's adherence to it seems to be one of the major selling points for Christianity.

Furthermore, if you have an Omnipotent, Omnscient, and Proactive being like Yaweh supposedly is, then nothing can ever happen that he doesn't want to happen.

You're leaving out the one equation that keeps God from being blamed for all of the bad things that happen on earth, and that is the free will that was given to men and women. I even disagree with the idea of blaming the devil for the reason that a person came on hard times, but that we were given the power to shape our lives. Should we fall no one is keeping us down but ourselves.

It's like your son blaming you for his winding up in jail, but knowing that you raised him properly, or him blaming you for every short coming that comes his way, when it was he that payed in full for all of these things. The Nephelim according to bible canon, were the offspring of the fallen angels, who had left the Kingdom of God according to their own free will.

dadudemon
Show proof, or it's a myth.

Obviously I can't "show" proof as that would get me banned, but I can link you to expert opinion.

http://pregnancy.emedtv.com/preconception/can-you-get-pregnant-from-anal-sex.html

For pregnancy to occur, the sperm, which are in the semen, must enter the vagina, travel up through the cervix, into the uterus, and then into the fallopian tube to meet up with the egg. Once this happens, the sperm must fertilize the egg, and the resulting blastocyst (fertilized egg) must travel down the fallopian tube and implant in the uterus.

Sperm are able to enter the vagina when ejaculation or pre-ejaculation occurs inside or near the vagina. During anal sex, ejaculation occurs in the anus -- which is not connected in any way to the female reproductive tract (i.e., vagina, cervix, uterus, fallopian tubes). But any time semen comes in contact with the vagina, such as by dripping from the anus during anal sex, there is a possibility of becoming pregnant. The odds are not high, as the sperm would have to stay alive after dripping out of the anus and making their way up into the vaginal cavity, but the possibility is still there.

Enjoy your rape.

Robtard

Enjoy your rape.

emedtv? Hahahaaahahaahhhahahahahahahaaaaa. Good one.

Sure mathematically speaking there is a chance, effectively, it's not happening. Show me some woman who became pregnant after (just) anal-sex and I'll eat crow. Show me a butt-baby, none of this one-in-a-trillion nonsense.

Omega Vision
You're leaving out the one equation that keeps God from being blamed for all of the bad things that happen on earth, and that is the free will that was given to men and women. I even disagree with the idea of blaming the devil for the reason that a person came on hard times, but that we were given the power to shape our lives. Should we fall no one is keeping us down but ourselves.

How can free will exist if your "choice" is already pre-determined and part of God's plan?

Either God doesn't know what you're about to do (in which case you could have free will but God wouldn't be all-knowing) or he does and there's no way you can deviate from what he knows you'll do even if you have the illusion of choice.

Stoic
Originally posted by Symmetric Chaos
I almost can't believe you just fell for the "lab coat" trick.

That's just a picture of a carving they have there at the top. It isn't mentioned in the text of the article, let alone presented with evidence about its period of origin.

What of all of the fossil remains? Some could be fakes, and likely are, but could there be any that are real? What about scientists that determined that there were people that could not be fully traced to our more common ancestor? Are you saying that the mural is a fake?

http://thetruthbehindthescenes.files.wordpress.com/2010/11/prtscr-capture_6.jpg

Is there no truth to any of this?^

Oh yeah I found what could be a gag site, but some people say that there is a little truth to everything. Check it out.

http://www.thetruthbehindthescenes.org/the-nephilim/

Stoic
How can free will exist if your "choice" is already pre-determined and part of God's plan?

Either God doesn't know what you're about to do (in which case you could have free will but God wouldn't be all-knowing) or he does and there's no way you can deviate from what he knows you'll do even if you have the illusion of choice.

Well the only control that I feel over me, is the control placed on me by the world, and its principalities. How about you do you feel controlled?

Omega Vision
Well the only control that I feel over me, is the control placed on me by the world, and its principalities. How about you do you feel controlled?
It's irrelevant what I feel in this case.

I asked you how free will can logically exist in a world where every event is foreknown by a Supreme Being. And more than foreknown, because it's held that God is proactive and omnipotent it follows that every event is chosen by God.

The way I see it, if there is a God as described by the Bible then he is responsible for everything that happens.

Robtard

The way I see it, if there is a God as described by the Bible then he is responsible for everything that happens.

So you're saying God's responsible for ass-rape, pig-fvcking and the Twilight novels/films?

Omega Vision
So you're saying God's responsible for ass-rape, pig-fvcking and the Twilight novels/films?
Yes. Unless theists are willing to bite the bullet and accept the disturbing notion that God is either powerless or negligent. Intuitively they can't, so they either try to make illogical self-contradictory arguments or ignore the question.

Shakyamunison

You can't blame God for Twilight movies. mad laughing out loud

...and there is no free will.

Stoic
It's irrelevant what I feel in this case.

I asked you how free will can logically exist in a world where every event is foreknown by a Supreme Being. And more than foreknown, because it's held that God is proactive and omnipotent it follows that every event is chosen by God.

Well from what I read in the bible about God, is that he/it believes in free will, and its concepts are above ours, so no matter what way you try to approach fully understanding his/its ways, you will fall short. I also read that God is fair right down the line, nor does he control his creations, but gave them free will to do with as they wanted. God could just make us love him and follow him, but how would we differ from his other creations (angels)? I really have no answers for you Omega, because I don't know the answer to your very good question outside of going by what was written in the bible. Gotta go to the grocery store so til later.

Symmetric Chaos
What of all of the fossil remains? Some could be fakes, and likely are, but could there be any that are real? What about scientists that determined that there were people that could not be fully traced to our more common ancestor?

The vast majority of them are either deliberate fakes (all of the pictures, for instance) or the result of massive incompetence (the supposed giant jaw bone). You seem to be forgetting the scientists who weren't convinced by the skulls. The more reputable and the more intensive the scrutiny the better the explanations scientists came up with. That is never a good sign.

Appeals to "scientists" are also pretty bad. That's a rhetorical way of trying to piggyback on the reputation of scientists without naming specific sources.

Are you saying that the mural is a fake?

Read what I said. It is a carving but it doesn't have anything to do with the article. There is nothing to in the article to suggest it predates human civilization (the article never mentions it).

dadudemon
emedtv? Hahahaaahahaahhhahahahahahahaaaaa. Good one.

Sure mathematically speaking there is a chance, effectively, it's not happening. Show me some woman who became pregnant after (just) anal-sex and I'll eat crow. Show me a butt-baby, none of this one-in-a-trillion nonsense.

You just admitted to being wrong and me to being right. I never said that it was a sure thing, each and every time. What you're doing is a back-peddle turned strawman. Nice try:

Even leakage from the anus can get a woman pregnant so the "use the back door" technique is not fool-proof.

Robtard
But it is. Unless you can show me at least one example of a 'butt-baby' and don't say "Republicans", cos that's too easy.

One example, shouldn't be too hard, should it.

dadudemon
Yes. Unless theists are willing to bite the bullet and accept the disturbing notion that God is either powerless or negligent. Intuitively they can't, so they either try to make illogical self-contradictory arguments or ignore the question.

I do mostly admit that. I think God, the same god of the Hebrews, Christians, Muslims, Hindus, etc. is mostly deist.

I think he is all knowing and all powerful without being all-knowing and all powerful at the same time.

here's how:

God knows every possible event that will ever occur in all of this universe down to the movement of a quark (ha!...so many problems with that statement). However, he does not know the exact path each sentient being will choose among the near infinite possibilities. Presto: all-knowing but not all-knowing at the same time.

I also think that God rarely directly interacts with the universe. If He did, wtf is faith for? WTF do we even come here for if he is goingto wipe our ass all the time? Sorry if I offend anyone, but that's how I feel about the nature of God.

dadudemon
But it is. Unless you can show me at least one example of a 'butt-baby' and don't say "Republicans", cos that's too easy.

One example, shouldn't be too hard, should it.

That's not how this works: you already admitted to being wrong because you basically said the same thing as I did. Too bad, move on. You'll be wrong, sometimes.

Edit - I started that search and it only links to porn vids. lol Abandoned. Deal with the fact that doctors say "yes".

inimalist
What of all of the fossil remains? Some could be fakes, and likely are, but could there be any that are real? What about scientists that determined that there were people that could not be fully traced to our more common ancestor? Are you saying that the mural is a fake?

http://thetruthbehindthescenes.files.wordpress.com/2010/11/prtscr-capture_6.jpg

Is there no truth to any of this?^

Oh yeah I found what could be a gag site, but some people say that there is a little truth to everything. Check it out.

http://www.thetruthbehindthescenes.org/the-nephilim/

Those skulls are most likely the result of a condition known as hydrocephalus:

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Hydrocephalus

it is known to cause massive deformities in the skull perfectly consistent with those:

http://i025.radikal.ru/0803/cc/cbfc286d58b8.jpg

Omega Vision
Well from what I read in the bible about God, is that he/it believes in free will, and its concepts are above ours, so no matter what way you try to approach fully understanding his/its ways, you will fall short. I also read that God is fair right down the line, nor does he control his creations, but gave them free will to do with as they wanted. God could just make us love him and follow him, but how would we differ from his other creations (angels)? I really have no answers for you Omega, because I don't know the answer to your very good question outside of going by what was written in the bible. Gotta go to the grocery store so til later.
Alright. I appreciate your honesty, at any rate.

I do mostly admit that. I think God, the same god of the Hebrews, Christians, Muslims, Hindus, etc. is mostly deist.

I think he is all knowing and all powerful without being all-knowing and all powerful at the same time.

here's how:

God knows every possible event that will ever occur in all of this universe down to the movement of a quark (ha!...so many problems with that statement). However, he does not know the exact path each sentient being will choose among the near infinite possibilities. Presto: all-knowing but not all-knowing at the same time.

I also think that God rarely directly interacts with the universe. If He did, wtf is faith for? WTF do we even come here for if he is goingto wipe our ass all the time? Sorry if I offend anyone, but that's how I feel about the nature of God.
Well, this hits at something that I'm at war with myself over: whether there's anything more than particles at work in reality. If there are then your view could work, but if there aren't then ignorance of the volition of sentient beings would translate to ignorance of the particles that comprise them. Since (as I understand it, and again I'm no scientist) all particles in the Universe interact with one another in some way (feeling like I'm about to get corrected super hard) then ignorance of just one's path would make knowing the real full picture impossible.

Symmetric Chaos

That still leaves open a few problems.

Can god make predictions? Like: "If you let go of that rock it will fall to the ground." If it can then it risks infringing on free will, IMO. In this case the chances of you making any decision are predetermined and, while you have more free will than otherwise, god is sort of messing it up.

If god cannot make predictions because it sees every outcome equally (ie the answer to every question is "something will happen"wink then I would count that more as knowing nothing than knowing everything.

dadudemon
Those skulls are most likely the result of a condition known as hydrocephalus:

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Hydrocephalus

it is known to cause massive deformities in the skull perfectly consistent with those:

http://i025.radikal.ru/0803/cc/cbfc286d58b8.jpg

I promise I am not trying to bust your balls...

But those skulls are the result of head flattening:

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Artificial_cranial_deformation

inimalist
ah, my bad, there are some people who see the skulls of hydrocephalic kids as being aliens, so I assumed it was the same.

thanks

Stoic
Read what I said. It is a carving but it doesn't have anything to do with the article. There is nothing to in the article to suggest it predates human civilization (the article never mentions it).

According to the bible the Nephelim survived the flood. It was said that the wives that were taken by Noah's sons had Nephelim genes, which lends power to the idea of Goliath, his father, and brothers and why they were said to be of gargantuan stature. The very idea of 4 or 5 guys being over 10 foot tall seems strange in itself, but what seems stranger is that Goliath had to be quite agile to have remained unbeaten in a time of warriors. His armor and sword were said to have been quite the load to bear.

Men of great height of today at just 8-9 feet tall usually need braces to support their large frames. just something to think about.

dadudemon
That still leaves open a few problems.

Can god make predictions? Like: "If you let go of that rock it will fall to the ground." If it can then it risks infringing on free will, IMO. In this case the chances of you making any decision are predetermined and, while you have more free will than otherwise, god is sort of messing it up.

If god cannot make predictions because it sees every outcome equally (ie the answer to every question is "something will happen"wink then I would count that more as knowing nothing than knowing everything.

I believe I addressed your question, already (object to my answer if I am not adequately doing so). God would already know all possible outcomes, but he would not know which path you yourself select from those near infinite options. And he would not see every outcome equally. Only at the single instant of the creation of the universe would he see such a state. The moment any reasoning being makes their first "free-will" decision is the moment God ceases to know exactly what exactly each being with "free-will" will choose. But he still knows all possible outcomes.

And it is far more complicated than that, as well: he can make super strong guesses as to the choices you will make based on the choice your family and friends make (ancestors, even) and the environment you exist in. But he can still be aware of all possible outcomes at the same time.

For me, that demystifies how "all-knowing" god can be while at the same time leaving Him some sort of "omniscience". It becomes a definition of degrees.

In Mormon mythology, the God that most Christians believe in would be a version of some of the beliefs of Satan. Meaning, Satan would know all possible outcomes and we would be forced to have to follow his chosen paths that ALL lead back to sinless lives. meaning, no choice to sin. "How is that like other Christian beliefs, then?" one might ask. Well, it would appear that most Christians belief in the God that knows all possible outcomes that will ever happen in the universe. then whence commeth free will? It is an illusion at that point. If God already knows all outcomes that we will choose, then we really do not have any hope of free-will in the slightest. What we have is a God that already planned out to destroy Sodom and Gomorrah before He created the universe. How lame and confusing as hell (pun?) is that? that's like the Mormon version of Satan's plan: all are forced back to God without free will.

Well, this hits at something that I'm at war with myself over: whether there's anything more than particles at work in reality. If there are then your view could work, but if there aren't then ignorance of the volition of sentient beings would translate to ignorance of the particles that comprise them. Since (as I understand it, and again I'm no scientist) all particles in the Universe interact with one another in some way (feeling like I'm about to get corrected super hard) then ignorance of just one's path would make knowing the real full picture impossible.

Some (those smoke pot and philosophize dudes) believe that that is directly where God interacts: at the quantum level. I can stomach that. But, again, that's just a re-invention of Aristotle's 40 rings (man, it seems like I say that a lot, lately).

What if Aristotle really was right? God is pretty much the deist god. Atheists and Agnostics would be mostly right, at that point. What if when we die it turns out that most atheists and agnostics were right all along? God didn't interact with this universe and we were kidding ourselves? Meh. We'll find out...or not. Gaspity!

I just hope that when I die, there is something after that allows me to know all the shit that I wanted to know as a mortal. Man...that's really all I want out of existence. I don't care if I become part of some super consciousness God thingie or whatever. Just want to know who really shot JFK, if Atlantis was/is real, is sasquatch really extant, all about all alien life and their possible cultures/science/ideas, the grand unified theory (and actually understand it all), etc. you know, the questions that many people would like to know the answers to.

Robtard
That's not how this works: you already admitted to being wrong because you basically said the same thing as I did. Too bad, move on. You'll be wrong, sometimes.

Edit - I started that search and it only links to porn vids. lol Abandoned. Deal with the fact that doctors say "yes".

I did?

So there isn't one single documented case, yet you're right. Hahaha, I say. Hahaha.

red g jacks

Read what I said. It is a carving but it doesn't have anything to do with the article. There is nothing to in the article to suggest it predates human civilization (the article never mentions it). yea, it's not pre-civilization. i could be wrong but i'm pretty sure it's one of those sumerian tablets people commonly cite in their ancient alien theories on the net. it's most likely a depiction of one of their many gods.

dadudemon
I did?

So there isn't one single documented case, yet you're right. Hahaha, I say. Hahaha.

Yes, I am right. Why would I not be right. Did I ever claim that such a case existed?

What is it that I actually stated? Do you remember? smile

You already conceded that I was right, by the way. Not sure why you continue. Is there that much pride at stake for you? 313

Robtard
Yes, I am right. Why would I not be right. Did I ever claim that such a case existed?

What is it that I actually stated? Do you remember? smile

You already conceded that I was right, by the way. Not sure why you continue. Is there that much pride at stake for you? 313

Yeah, what I just said, you're correct and there isn't a single documented case you can bring forward. LoLz.

Next, the existence of pegasuses.

Says the guy who can't let it go. Let it go, I said "you're correct" two times now, from a mathematically point of view.

dadudemon
Yeah, what I just said, you're correct and there isn't a single documented case you can bring forward. LoLz.

You do know that is a logical fallacy (I believe it is the inductive fallacy: You cannot provide evidence of an "anal only" pregnancy, therefore, no "anal only" pregnacies exist or have occurred. It also applies to another logical fallacy, but I cannot remember. Might be hasty generalization), right? You cannot demand a documented case and then dismiss my point if I cannot provide an example. You only need to be aware that it is medically possible...which has been my argument from "day 1".

Says the guy who can't let it go. Let it go, I said "you're correct" two times now, from a mathematically point of view.

No, you could not let it go. I am allowed to keep on because I was right. You keeping on is just sad...but entertaining.

Robtard
This is me posting so you can proceed, as you can't let it go.

dadudemon

This is me posting so you can continue to get the last word because it is important for you.

Now draw some pictures for me.

Robtard

dadudemon
You already conceded that I was right, by the way.

Shakyamunison

This is me posting so you can continue to get the last word because it is important for you.

Now draw some pictures for me.

Got you both. stick out tongue

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.