New Genesis Vs Asgard

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.

Prep-Man
An oldie, but which dimension would win?
1. In a prep style fight.
2. An invasion style, where no side gets prep.

Endless Mike
NG

quanchi112
Asgard stomps.

hunbu04
Asgard is not stomping anything
if we r been serious with no PIS than NG have the advantage
Highfather stalemate Odin
orion cancel thor
barda more powerful than sif by a lot
mister maricle take the warrior three
metron over loki by a lot
black racer cancel hela
NG still have powerhouses like lightstray infinity man and highfather personal herald his name just slip my mind

quanchi112
Originally posted by hunbu04
orion cancel thor
black racer cancel hela
NG still have powerhouses like lightstray infinity man and highfather personal herald his name just slip my mind Izaya has never done anything to suggest he could last two panels with Odin let alone stalemate him. Thor is also more powerful than Orion and has the mjolnir advantage. All I have to say is the Destroyer. Metron is a plotter he rarely if ever acts.

Prep-Man
orion cancel thor
black racer cancel hela
NG still have powerhouses like lightstray infinity man and highfather personal herald his name just slip my mind

If they have Metron, they can call upon any tech NG have.

hunbu04
thor is absolutely not more powerful than orion and AStro Force and Mother box cancel Mjolnir all advantages

quanchi112
thor is absolutely not more powerful than orion and AStro Force and Mother box cancel Mjolnir all advantages Want to compare feats of Orion to Thor ?

Prep-Man
thor is absolutely not more powerful than orion and AStro Force and Mother box cancel Mjolnir all advantages

I think Orion cancels out Thor, tbh.

Endless Mike
Genesis Box

Newjak
Up until Siege I would have said Asgard could take it to them stick out tongue

Now unless this is all of the asgardian Realms minus Midgard I would say NG is gonna win very decisively.

quanchi112
Originally posted by Endless Mike
Genesis Box Odin can stop time if you want to use rare feats.

Endless Mike
So what, New Gods have time control too

quanchi112
So what, New Gods have time control too Who does ?

Prep-Man
Genesis Box

Worlogog is more powerful. Didn't the NG's create Zor as well

Endless Mike
Black Racer, Highfather, Takion

quanchi112
Black Racer, Highfather, Takion Show me a scan of them stopping time in battle.

Prep-Man

Again, did NG create Zor? Maybe Apokolips would be a better match?

hunbu04
Takion is less powerful than Orion and he is match for Thor

Cogito
If New Genesis tech is allowed, they roflstomp.

In a straight up no artifact fight, then it's basically:

Odin
Thor
Fodder

vs.

Highfather
Takion
Orion
Ininfity Man
Black Racer
Lightray
Fodder

and I'd probably still have to give the edge to NG

Cogito
Takion is less powerful than Orion and he is match for Thor

Takion is much more powerful than Orion and is more comparable to Highfather or Infinity Man than Orion

Newjak
Originally posted by Cogito

Odin
Thor
Fodder

vs.

Highfather
Takion
Orion
Ininfity Man
Black Racer
Lightray
Fodder

and I'd probably still have to give the edge to NG You forgot Heimdall there, he is no fodder uhuh.

Anyways Asgard has a ton of mystical, magical, divine artifacts. The problem is apparently they've been lost if you read Siege.

quanchi112

Odin
Thor
Fodder

vs.

Highfather
Takion
Orion
Ininfity Man
Black Racer
Lightray
Fodder

and I'd probably still have to give the edge to NG So New Genesis gets their death god but Asgard doesn't get Hela or Loki ? Do you read Thor comics ?

Cogito
Originally posted by quanchi112
So New Genesis gets their death god but Asgard doesn't get Hela or Loki ? Do you read Thor comics ?

Ok so I forgot a few people. I was just thinking people like Heimdall, Balder etc don't matter, and I didn't include Big Barda and such on NG side so it evened out

But yeah, they're important and I forgot them erm

quanchi112
Ok so I forgot a few people. I was just thinking people like Heimdall, Balder etc don't matter, and I didn't include Big Barda and such on NG side so it evened out

But yeah, they're important and I forgot them erm You included the death god for new genesis then claimed Asgard just had Odin and Thor. You even forgot Loki. You don't read Thor comics. You also forgot the Destroyer but that isn't as obvious but the other two you forgot were bad enough. Forgetting Loki is unforgivable.

Prep-Man
Originally posted by Newjak
You forgot Heimdall there, he is no fodder uhuh.

Anyways Asgard has a ton of mystical, magical, divine artifacts. The problem is apparently they've been lost if you read Siege.

Anything on par woth NG's tech?

Endless Mike
There was the Unbinding stone of Oshemar, but it was destroyed and there was no way to control it in the first place

Cogito
You included the death god for new genesis then claimed Asgard just had Odin and Thor. You even forgot Loki. You don't read Thor comics. You also forgot the Destroyer but that isn't as obvious but the other two you forgot was bad. Forgetting Loki is unforgivable.

I admitted that I forgot a lot of players. I was rushed. At first I was going to write that Asgard wins, but then I started thinking about all the New Genesis people, and I didn't give Asgard any more thought.

The Destroyer, though, I would consider tech/artifact as I set it up in my first post.

quanchi112
I admitted that I forgot a lot of players. I was rushed. At first I was going to write that Asgard wins, but then I started thinking about all the New Genesis people, and I didn't give Asgard any more thought.

The Destroyer, though, I would consider tech/artifact as I set it up in my first post. Odin's feats in a straight up battle would solo New Genesis though at his best imo.

Prep-Man
There was the Unbinding stone of Oshemar, but it was destroyed and there was no way to control it in the first place

I'd probably give the artifact edge to NG, then.

Cogito
Odin's feats in a straight up battle would solo New Genesis though at his best imo.

Odin certainly has more feats than many of the higher tier New Genesis gods (e.g. Highfather, Takion)

quanchi112
Odin certainly has more feats than many of the higher tier New Genesis gods (e.g. Highfather, Takion) Not just more but far more impressive feats.

Prep-Man

Odin
Thor
Fodder

vs.

Highfather
Takion
Orion
Ininfity Man
Black Racer
Lightray
Fodder

and I'd probably still have to give the edge to NG

Maybe you can answer this? Wasn't Zor one of the 7 Imperishable treasures?

Cogito
Originally posted by Prep-Man
Maybe you can answer this? Wasn't Zor one of the 7 Imperishable treasures?

Don't know. I've got a ton more New God books I've had a long time but haven't found the time to read

Stoic

Gaea, Idunn, Freya

Sixth_Winged
This is basically Odin vs. ng seeing as how izaya has next to zero combat feats. Average ng new god with tech >>> average asgardian. But Odin can whip out worthy-pawning enchantments on a whim.

Don Corleone
You included the death god for new genesis then claimed Asgard just had Odin and Thor. You even forgot Loki. You don't read Thor comics. You also forgot the Destroyer but that isn't as obvious but the other two you forgot were bad enough. Forgetting Loki is unforgivable.

He forgot Kurse. Unforgivable .

zeel

sick

orion is not defeating thor.

Don Corleone
Originally posted by zeel
sick

orion is not defeating thor.

He'll give him one hell of a fight and can keep Thor occupied.

hunbu04
Orion can do anything thor can do plus he is physically more powerful

Stoic
Originally posted by Don Corleone
He'll give him one hell of a fight and can keep Thor occupied.

As of a few months ago, The Silver Surfer has become an addition to Asgardia (formely known as Asgard), so we can't go forgetting about good olde Norrin.

quanchi112
Originally posted by Don Corleone
He forgot Kurse. Unforgivable . That's not really an unforgivable. The three unforgivables are Odin, Thor, and Loki.Originally posted by hunbu04
Orion can do anything thor can do plus he is physically more powerful No, he can't.

hunbu04
What can do to that Orion can't do or cancel

hunbu04
GodBlast can be cancel by the Full Power Astro hardness/Astro Force

JakeTheBank
What can do to that Orion can't do or cancel

Summon storms, I'd imagine.

zeel
Orion can do anything thor can do plus he is physically more powerful

that is your opinion.

Prep-Man
Originally posted by JakeTheBank
Summon storms, I'd imagine.

He did control weather once and called upon lightning.

JakeTheBank
He did control weather once and called upon lightning.

Anything on the level of Thor?

And by your use of the word "once", I'm going to assume it was either a one time feat or used under certain circumstances. Superman and Captain Marvel can herd weather patterns and influence existing weather conditions; doesn't mean they can summon storms on the level of, well, Storm, let alone Thor.

Prep-Man

And by your use of the word "once", I'm going to assume it was either a one time feat or used under certain circumstances. Superman and Captain Marvel can herd weather patterns and influence existing weather conditions; doesn't mean they can summon storms on the level of, well, Storm, let alone Thor.

Nope, but he has done it. Which is why the other op said Orion is almost as versatile as Thor. Orion has pretty much done it all, but I'd still rate Thor more versatile. But not by much. It would be a good fight, even split, IMO.

quanchi112
What can do to that Orion can't do or cancel Godblast, soulsuck.Originally posted by hunbu04
GodBlast can be cancel by the Full Power Astro hardness/Astro Force No, it can't.

Prep-Man

BTW, who do you think wins? With and without Zor.

hunbu04
Orion have summon cosmic storms before and his personal motherbox can do almost everything the hammer can. He was even stated on panel that His Astro Force could destory Worlds if he didn't control his rage. MotherBox can manipulate matter and energy, space and Time and even uinversal cosmic awareness.
Sorry BFR wouldn't work via Boom tubes

quanchi112
Orion have summon cosmic storms before and his personal motherbox can do almost everything the hammer can. He was even stated on panel that His Astro Force could destory Worlds if he didn't control his rage. MotherBox can manipulate matter and energy, space and Time and even uinversal cosmic awareness.
Sorry BFR wouldn't work via Boom tubes What's so impressive about destroying worlds ? Why can't Thor just destroy the motherbox.

JakeTheBank
Sorry BFR wouldn't work via Boom tubes

By your own admission, "almost" isn't the same as everything.

Thor was said to possess the ability to destroy worlds with Mjolnir on panel, as well. Mjolnir can manipulate matter, energy, space, and time. While it doesn't possess cosmic awareness on its own, it can recall events past and even show possible futures. BFR likewise won't work via Mjolnir.

JakeTheBank
BTW, who do you think wins? With and without Zor.

Depends on the Asgard in question, imo.

Batman-Prime
Highfather = Odin
Orion = Thor

get over it people really.

As for the rest, it really depends on the tech and the numbers, what is the Population of NG and Asgard?

abhilegend
In prep war NG roflstomps asgard. Genesis box, worloggog etc. In straight up battle its split IMO. Orion and thor are perfect for a duel and it would be a long and brutal fight between the Dog of war and the God of thunder.

the Darkone
Odin
Tiwaz
Thor
Beta Ray Bill
Red Norvell
Kurse
Warriors Three
Loki
Enchantress
Loki
Hela
Asgardian Destroyer

Im taking Asgard, like Jake witch Asgard? If this classic Asgard Odin can amp his people if need be they will handle NG!!

Prep-Man
Originally posted by the Darkone
Odin
Tiwaz
Thor
Beta Ray Bill
Red Norvell
Kurse
Warriors Three
Loki
Enchantress
Loki
Hela
Asgardian Destroyer

Im taking Asgard, like Jake witch Asgard? If this classic Asgard Odin can amp his people if need be they will handle NG!!

New Genesis can match most of those.
Forever People
High Father
Metron
Lightray
Orion
Scott Free (Sometimes with ALE)
Mantis
Valkyrie
Big Barda
Celestia
Himon
Infinity Man (Sometimes connected to the Source)
Monitors
Takion
Aurakles

Plus artifacts that can manipulate universes.

deathlife
Odin is the deal breaker here in my opinion.

His standard feats supersede almost anything I've seen from the New Gods (I'm talking on average).

Outside of Orion, Infinity Man, Barda and Mr Miracle (with ALE), the New Gods don't really have many high end feats between them.

Prep-Man
Metron is certainly the MVP on New Genesis side. He's created some of the most insane tech in comics. Himon as well. Hell, Orion has made a device that re-wrote reality.

Cogito
The Genesis Box doesn't really work here, since it would destroy both teams.

The Warlogog would be a stomp. As would Orion or Mr. Miracle with the ALE.

Barring that kind of stuff, I do probably have to give it to Asgard here. Very close though.

Uriel005
Originally posted by Batman-Prime
Highfather = Odin
Orion = Thor

As for the rest, it really depends on the tech and the numbers, what is the Population of NG and Asgard? stuff like this makes me wonder how anyone can consider Darkseid to be weaker than Thanos.. DS=Highfather=Odin.... But IMO New Gods take this as I believe on the average the average New God > average Asgardian. I'd put Himon+Scott round about = Loki Orion w/full astro >/= Thor. Or just let Orion loose w/out motherbox and let his rage completely wreck most of Asgard and then have the rest of the New Gods into the fight after Orion gets KO'd/Killed/Eventually Bfr'd

quanchi112
Originally posted by Batman-Prime
Highfather = Odin
Orion = Thor

As for the rest, it really depends on the tech and the numbers, what is the Population of NG and Asgard? If Izaya equals Odin explain how so ? I also don't see where people are getting Orion equals Thor. It makes no sense but people want to call these characters flat out equals.

Prep-Man
Originally posted by Uriel005
stuff like this makes me wonder how anyone can consider Darkseid to be weaker than Thanos.. DS=Highfather=Odin.... But IMO New Gods take this as I believe on the average the average New God > average Asgardian. I'd put Himon+Scott round about = Loki Orion w/full astro >/= Thor. Or just let Orion loose w/out motherbox and let his rage completely wreck most of Asgard and then have the rest of the New Gods into the fight after Orion gets KO'd/Killed/Eventually Bfr'd

Himon isn't really all that powerful, it's his tech and intelligence that makes him formidable. Is this what you mean?

hunbu04
Hey Quanchi can you explan how is thor superior to Orion?

PillarofOsiris
I would say Orion is superior to Thor. But I would also say Odin is superior to Highfather, so I'd give it to Asgard just based on Odin.

quanchi112
Hey Quanchi can you explan how is thor superior to Orion? Superior power and the hammer basically. Thor's hammer would be a nightmare for Orion.

hunbu04
Orion is Physically superior plus Astro Force and MotherBox can cancel everything Mjolnir can produce

Uriel005
Himon isn't really all that powerful, it's his tech and intelligence that makes him formidable. Is this what you mean? yeah. The guy was leading a terrorist cell on Apokolips and inventor of the mother box... He's also one of the few people Metron respects and helped discover Element X and how to create Boomtubes with Metron. IIRC Metron helped him get off of Apokolips.... For Metron to respect someone that much I'd hold them with no little weight.

the Darkone
Orion is not physically superior than Thor, Thor can match Orion in strength and in power! Thor is more versatile than Orion, this favor Asgard if it's in its universe norn stones, caskett of winters, odinsword, twilight sword Asgard would have too many option ifit's int their own realm.

Prep-Man
Originally posted by the Darkone Orion is not physically superior than Thor, Thor can match Orion in strength and in power! Thor is more versatile than Orion, this favor Asgard if it's in its universe norn stones, caskett of winters, odinsword, twilight sword Asgard would have too many option ifit's int their own realm.

i dont think any of those would match the worlogog or ALE if scott had it. new gods have too much tech and artifacts. and could match.

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.