Avengers movie: Case of the Hulk

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.

joesha28
After the recent Red carpet premier of the Movie, many of Us must have read the after-report, and the review of some goers to the occasion. Many did commented that the Hulk was great and stole the show. But it's a little too early to say so. Mark Raffalo already asking for his own Hulk Movie.

The last time I remembered, in 2008... Incredible Hulk movie came out and and the Red Carpet report on the Hulk was the same, great, awesome etc. But we all know how the movie turn out worldwide. But frankly I did like the movie.

The thing abt Hulk in the movie is, Hulk as a character is a good supporting character and does not do well as a main. Movie-goers compromises, comic-book fans, neutral and females. Let's take a look of this.er

Comic-book fans- For the Avengers movies. Fans of the 4 big character will be there mostly. Cap America's fans, Iron man fans, Thorites and Members of the Church of Hulk. Each fanbase will be there to watch out for their fav hero in the movie. Hulkfans will love the movie for sure.

Neutrals- What I mean is non-comic book fellows. U see these guys are not really into too much of CGI which Hulk will be. They will do love it a little, but too much will just make them sick. To them a lone Hulk movie is just nothing but a bore and sore-eye.

Females- Neutral girls ,Hulk is nothing for them. Mark Raffalo is no eye-candy, not like Chris Evans and especially that guy who played Thor. Girls love to see this 2 guys who play the respective Avengers. But a Hulk movie is a complete waste of time for them.

To conclude, Hulk may be the strongest one there is but He definately can't carry his own movie. Mark Raffalo may be a good actor but he's no Hugh Jackman and Movie Hulk is no Movie Wolverine. Hulk maybe a A-list character in comics, but for the Movies Hulk a Low C.

DARTH POWER
I still think the reason the 2008 film did not do well box office wise because of the memory of the Ang Lee movie and there not being enough marketing making it clear it was a reboot.

The movie itself was awsome. Far superior to Iron man 2 and Captain America IMO.

the ninjak
Hulk doesn't steal the show at all but comes as a pleasant surprise.

The whole film rocks and Hulk is a part of the whole.

Existere
"Comic book fans, non-nerds and chicks"

sighz

vansonbee
Hulk 2008 wasn't dramatic enough for me

joesha28
Let me tell u guys, a C-list character like maybe Quake could make better bucks in the Movies than Incredible Sulk. Maybe Hulk should be a supporting character in a Iron Man Movie as a 2nd fiddle.

DARTH POWER
^ Nah you have to remember when the Ang Lee film came out, there was a lot of hype. People were really looking forward to it, but it was just such a poor movie.

That really put a dent in the Hulk's big screen image. 2008's TIH was already fighting an uphill battle.

But The Avengers might be just what the Hulk needed to grow his hype again. So having another shot at the big screen for a solo movie if definetely worth looking at, especially if Avengers is a Huge success and if sales for Hulk merchandise from the movie is high.

Kazenji
Originally posted by DARTH POWER
^ Nah you have to remember when the Ang Lee film came out, there was a lot of hype. People were really looking forward to it, but it was just such a poor movie.

Can't be that bad because 'some' people to seem to like the Ang Lee movie

unfortunately i'm not one of those people....

DARTH POWER
Originally posted by Kazenji
Can't be that bad because 'some' people to seem to like the Ang Lee movie

unfortunately i'm not one of those people....

I might be wrong but those "some" people tended to be fans who loved seeing Hulk jump a hundred miles in the air Lol.

I do think Hulk can work on the big screen. I loved TIH. As did many people who saw that movie.

Hulk Just needs something like The Avengers to boost his hype/popularity again.

Newjak
I liked TIH myself I don't know if I would say it was far superior to Captain America/Iron Man 2 though. It had its moments. Personally if came down to which I would rather see I would put in Cap/Iron man before TIH.

DARTH POWER
^ Everyone has different taste.

Point being the movie was good, but at some point the hype for Hulk has died down which is what really effected the figures for TIH imo.

Im hoping The Avengers changes that. It is a golden opportunity for the Hulk.

joesha28
A CGI hero will not work for the neutrals and non-geek females... which consist more of movie-goers.

Kazenji
Originally posted by DARTH POWER

Im hoping The Avengers changes that. It is a golden opportunity for the Hulk.

From the sound of things it is with what Ninjak is saying.

ares834
Originally posted by joesha28
A CGI hero will not work for the neutrals and non-geek females... which consist more of movie-goers.

Not true. Just look at Rise of the Planet of the Apes.

Will it have as much appeal as a non-CGI character... Probably not, but if the movie is good it could easily make bank. Like Darth Power said, I think TIH's problem is that Hulk was still in everybody's mind. From what I've heard of the Avengers, this may be what's needed for a Hulk movie to spring off of.

joesha28
Originally posted by ares834
Not true. Just look at Rise of the Planet of the Apes.

Will it have as much appeal as a non-CGI character... Probably not, but if the movie is good it could easily make bank. Like Darth Power said, I think TIH's problem is that Hulk was still in everybody's mind. From what I've heard of the Avengers, this may be what's needed for a Hulk movie to spring off of.

ROTPOTA, movie was great I admit. The apes were the main part of the story, but the real lead actors actors does the difference. Here the hero is a CGI green goo, of whom the audience can't relate too and the one that gonna drive the movie is the banner character (whoever plays him), Hulk just gonna come for the smash scenes and that's it.. there won't be much story. In ROTPOTA, the apes think and does things that makes the story. It's much of the same think..banner runs from military blah blah blah, Hulk fights that's it end of story.

DARTH POWER
Well Mark Ruffalo apparently signed on for 6 movies:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=4fl4wvAXIbc&feature=related

That must mean solo Hulk movies in production.

Bentley
I liked Ang Lee's Hulk, so I feel without any right or whatsoever to add anything to any Hulk movie debate.

Bouboumaster
Hulk can't have his own movie, because of one single reason: He don't ****in' talk.

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.