Ultimate Spider-man sucks...

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.

SamZED
Maybe im overreating and maybe its a bit too early to judge... but so far.. it sucks... at least when compared to Spectacular SM. Even if we only compare first 3 episodes.
Silly 2 dimensional characters (both main and supporting), no character development, no drama, the action is ok at best, no interesting stories, everything's treated like a joke.

So far can only think of two things this show has over SSM. Better drawn and a lot of "guest" heroes. Luke, Iron Fist, Wolverine etc. Other than that I don't see why anyone would want to replace SSM with this. And the worst part, this show is a part of Marvel Animated Universe. Not crazy about the idea of this Spider-man showing up in the Avengers Earth's Mightiest Heroes...

But maybe that's just me. Want to hear other opinions.

KingD19
I miss SSM. I miss it so much. sad

marwash22
Originally posted by SamZED
Maybe im overreating and maybe its a bit too early to judge... but so far.. it sucks... at least when compared to Spectacular SM. Even if we only compare first 3 episodes.
Silly 2 dimensional characters (both main and supporting), no character development, no drama, the action is ok at best, no interesting stories, everything's treated like a joke.

So far can only think of two things this show has over SSM. Better drawn and a lot of "guest" heroes. Luke, Iron Fist, Wolverine etc. Other than that I don't see why anyone would want to replace SSM with this. And the worst part, this show is a part of Marvel Animated Universe. Not crazy about the idea of this Spider-man showing up in the Avengers Earth's Mightiest Heroes...

But maybe that's just me. Want to hear other opinions. http://gifsforum.com/images/gif/this/grand/66296098_this.gif

the ninjak
Easily the worst Marvel storyline I've ever seen in animation.

Coulsen as principal. SpiderBike that's more efficient than Spidey. A terrible show.

Nephthys
I tried to watch Ultimate SM after I finished Spectacular SM.

I made it 3 minutes. no expression

wakkawakkawakka
You know, I actually don't completely hate this show. Mostly because it's goofy and childlike and I don't really take it seriously like Spectacular Spider-Man.

Though I'm sure people would hate this less if it weren't called Ultimate Spider-Man.

SamZED
The title never really bothered me. Got nothing to do with Ult SM comics anyway.

Phanteros
What can you expect from terrible Man of Action.

ankur29
Originally posted by SamZED

But maybe that's just me. Want to hear other opinions.

thumb up

as far as the AEMH episode featuring spidey they toned down the 'full retard' of USM ,i did enjoy that episode to bad that series is ending .And in my head at least it was SSM's peter.

DARTH POWER
Originally posted by ankur29

And in my head at least it was SSM's peter.

thumb up In my head too. Even though Parker looks completely different, but my head will just put that down to different animation styles stick out tongue

KingD19
They actually had SSM doing Spidey's voice at first, then they replaced him with Drake Bell(voice of Ultimate Spidey) before the episode even aired.

In my opinion it was because SSM's voice actor did Black Spider in that episode of Young Justice and pissed a few marvel people off.

DARTH POWER
^ Well doesn't really matter. Can't be same continuity as Ultimate Spiderman, because in the AEMH episode Iron man forms the New Avengers for the first time. Whilst Nick Fury does the same in the first episode of Ultimate Spiderman.

Plus there's the huge age difference for Luke Cage and Iron Fist on both shows.

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.