Avengers vs Justice League

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.

GRIMNIR
Captain America
Iron Man
Thor
Hulk
Black Widow
Hawkeye

vs

Batman
Green Lantern
Superman
Wonder Woman
Black Canary
Green Arrow

Who wins?

Why is no one on this forum discussing the Avengers movie confused roll eyes (sarcastic) stick out tongue

JakeTheBank
Justice League.

Tony Stark
Avengers in a close one. THOR, HULK and Iron Man can really screw some things up for the league. Their AOE is the game changer. Both THOR and Iron Man can lay some AOE waste out... Batman, Black Canary and Green Arrow can be taken out of the game relatively easily with it. Then it's best oveall match ups. Fun to watch.

Prep-Man
JLA in a close one. Or split.

keiththegreat
Originally posted by JakeTheBank
Justice League.

I thought according to starscream you only vote for Thor.

JakeTheBank
Originally posted by keiththegreat
I thought according to starscream you only vote for Thor.

Starscream says a lot of shit.

Prep-Man
Jake is really not that biased. One of the few good ones. But when it comes to Doom...

JakeTheBank
Originally posted by Prep-Man
Jake is really not that biased. One of the few good ones. But when it comes to Doom...

...I'm always right. thumb up

Don Corleone
Justice League , and I don't see that close.

nwg202
JLA. Thor and Hulk need more help. Supes has gl and WW...Unless gl's can't teleport anymore, then Thor can dimension dump people.

AsbestosFlaygon
Batman pulls out some crazy thingamajig out of his arse that wipes out half of the Avengers.

Kidding aside, this is a tough call.
Avengers are probably the Justice League equivalent of Marvel.

Captain America VS Batman = Captain America sans PIS

Ironman VS Green Lantern = Green Lantern wtfstomps reg Ironman

Thor VS Superman = Toss-up. Thor has the versatility, Superman has the speed.

Hulk VS Wonder Woman = Wonder Woman from the get-go. She's too fast and too strong for Hulk. Though as the battle prolongs, Hulk will physically overwhelm Wonder Woman eventually.

Black Widow VS Black Canary = BC, no contest.

Hawkeye VS Green Arrow = Could go either way.

I'd give the slight edge to the JL, due to the speedsters.

DTM
Id go with the JLA, as I see their 3 Big Hitters overally superior to the Avengers Big 3.

Glorificus
Avengers.

Prep-Man
Originally posted by Glorificus
Avengers.

Who edged who out?

Glorificus
Well it depends on if the matchups are in the order he listed each team. If it's a chaotic free-for-all, then it's more muddy. But so far, the current JLA hasn't had as many impressive feats as the Pre-reboot versions of themselves in general.

Prep-Man
Oh, it's current JLA? Thor could destroy most of the team himself.

Glorificus
Originally posted by Prep-Man
Oh, it's current JLA? Thor could destroy most of the team himself.

I thought in general the Most current/up-to-date versions are used, unless specifically stated - i.e PC so-and-so, instead of just plain so-and-so?

Mshinu
JLA. Hulkie Boy gets thrown into space leaving the Avengers at a disadvantage.

Odekahn
Originally posted by GRIMNIR
Captain America
Iron Man
Thor
Hulk
Black Widow
Hawkeye

vs

Batman
Green Lantern
Superman
Wonder Woman
Black Canary
Green Arrow

Who wins?

Why is no one on this forum discussing the Avengers movie confused roll eyes (sarcastic) stick out tongue

1. Captain America beats Batman. I think it's very close. I actually believe Bruce to be the superior in martial arts, plus his gadgets make for a formidable foe. But you also can't deny the super soldier serum and without prep I think Cap will pick up the win. If Bane can break the bat, I believe Cap can can too.... eventually.

2. Are you serious? Green Lantern obliterates Ironman. This isn't even a contest. Ironman doesn't have a prayer. I wouldn't put Ironman over Gnort... Ok fine, I'm exaggerating. But you get the idea. Even a no name lantern shouldn't have any kind of problem with Tony.

3. Another very close match up, but I'm going to give this to Superman. Imo, he's faster, stronger, and has more powers and versatility than Thor.

4. I'd normally call this a split, but since I have to choose one, I'm going to give Wonder Woman the win over Hulk. If Wolverine can hang with the Hulk, I believe that Wonder Woman can and will beat the Hulk. But she's going to have to be crafty about it. I can see her fighting him straight up at first, and actually dominating him (sword in hand at that), but Hulk getting angrier and angrier until WW starts to realize she needs to change tactics. I could see her using her lasso to either indefinitely hold or BFR him.

5. I'm going to differ here than most people. Black Canary and Black Widow are both excellent fighters except BC has a super power. If she doesn't immediately take down the Widow (which I don't see her doing), I see BW coming up with a plan and actually killing (via shooting or whatever) BC. I'm going with BW here.

6. Split. The characters are so identical it would be like them fighting themselves. Ollie does seem to be more experienced in fighting other archers though, although I'm not sure that would make too much a difference. Both archer's accuracy here is spot on. I do think that Hawkeye has more chance to shine in his fights and stories than GA though. Well I know I have to pick one, so I'm going to go with Hawkeye for being the cooler character.

So we have JL (3) wins and Avengers (3) wins.

But we aren't just scoring on points, so now it's time to pick an overall winner...

Most of these, I actually feel would be very good 1v1 fights. However, this is a team fight. I can't get past fight # 2. I think most of the fighting going on would take time except for this bout. GL would dispose of Ironman extremely quickly and then that would leave him open to assist the others (likely the big guns first). I'm going to have to go with the Justice League winning the overall match.

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.