Doctor Strange vs Magik AVX

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.

nwg202
Place your bets....a battle of ex sorcerers supreme (Earth vs Limbo)
who wins? The big guns. Can't believe were not getting this on avx vs....this would be a cool looking fight.

not that this event is entirely credible, QuickSilver got taken down by Doc nemisis and regular Colossus is stalemating Rulk. Luke cage and Thing hanging with Namor in the water...still early in the game of course no one has won anything.

I can't imagine Marvel letting their premier magic user lose in a big event like this to a young up-and-comer. Whoever wins the fight should wipe the floor with the rest of the combatants. ( Of course that won't happen though)

http://i41.tinypic.com/zv8tts.jpg

http://media.comicvine.com/uploads/10/108019/2295609-xm8___copy___copy_super.jpg

Glorificus
Isn't Strange just a mere shell of his former self?

What is he even capable of power-wise?

Magik is a herald-level being, with teleportation powers practically on par with that of Blink...

So unless Strange is somehow getting his mojo back, I can't see him lasting long...

Sin I AM
Originally posted by Glorificus

Magik is a herald-level being, with teleportation powers on practically on par with that of Blink...

So unless Strange is somehow getting his mojo back, I can't see him lasting long...

this^

nwg202
Originally posted by Glorificus

Magik is a herald-level being, with teleportation powers practically on par with that of Blink...

Well I was guessing they would power Strange up.

Besides Magik herself has been nerfed as well.

She has a bomb strapped on to her by Scott and she renounced her rulership to Limbo. She got most of her soul back so she isn't as dark anymore and she her power was always tied to her darkness hence the name Darkchylde..

But I can see your point. The Soul Sword should carve him up...but it won't.

http://i44.tinypic.com/15f569y.jpg/IMG]

JakeTheBank
Strange isn't the Sorcerer Supreme currently, but looks like he's still being portrayed as formidable under the Defenders title.

nwg202
The last time they were together they saved both the Avengers and the X-men.

http://media.comicvine.com/uploads/10/108019/2124406-xm8.jpg

-K-M-
Strage has been all over the place, but really he should be above Magik. However, in the comic it will be VERY competitive and if she has full control over Limbo and all it's resources...she MAY win.

Originally posted by nwg202
Besides Magik herself has been nerfed as well.

By Witchfire

nwg202
Originally posted by -K-M-
Strage has been all over the place, but really he should be above Magik. However, in the comic it will be VERY competitive and if she has full control over Limbo and all it's resources...she MAY...win.

By Witchfire

Yeah well she got back at Wtichfire though.

-K-M-
Yeah well she got back at Wtichfire though.

That was an alternate reality Witchfire.

nwg202
That was an alternate reality Witchfire.

So where is witchfire now? Last i know Magik handed her over to some demons as a prisoner. She told them to torture her. Post x-infernus. Has she ever battled her dad?

-K-M-
So where is witchfire now? Last i know Magik handed her over to some demons as a prisoner. She told them to torture her. Has she ever battled her dad?

Apparently she appeared in Fear Itself: The Fearless but I haven't read it and never. They never even have appeared face to face let alone fight in a comic.

nwg202
Apparently she appeared in Fear Itself: The Fearless but I haven't read it and never. They never even have appeared face to face let alone fight in a comic.

oh ok. that's a dam shame. Strange might have depowered Magik if she's facing the freaking black widow in AVX vs 3...
how you start off fighting strange then end up fighting natsha is a downgrade i will never understand. Although gillen has said magik will play a big part if avx (probably as nanny to her out of control brother)

I'm fine with anyone winning though..both are insanely powerful.

-K-M-
Black Widow?...really? There is some odd matches and I'm sure they will make it competitive too when it shoukdn't be in the least.

Well she may take out Strange then as far as I know there hasn't been any other matchups for him in the previews.

nwg202
Black Widow?...really? There is some odd matches and I'm sure they will make it competitive too when it shoukdn't be in the least.

Well she may take out Strange then as far as I know there hasn't been any other matchups for him in the previews.

Yeah the Widow has a history of winning matches she has no business being in. Like her wonder man fight. still don't know how she won that one.

KingD19
Well they had Quicksilver moving over Mach 400 considering he went roughly 350 miles in 3.7 seconds. But Doctor Nemesis took him down with his dart guns. Not all the matchups make sense.

And I highly doubt that current Strange can take on the lord of Limbo.

-K-M-
Well in the next panel they said he was going mach 5, so the mach 400 may have been bad math on the writers part (like trying to quantify Thing's punch to a force of a car at 52 mph in an upcoming issue). Regardless Nemesis should not have beaten him

Hell in the same issue, Madison Jeffries was trying to go hand to hand with Daredevil and with a regular gun....yeeeeeah

guy222
mag

KingD19
Well in the next panel they said he was going mach 5, so the mach 400 may have been bad math on the writers part (like trying to quantify Thing's punch to a force of a car at 52 mph in an upcoming issue). Regardless Nemesis should not have beaten him

Hell in the same issue, Madison Jeffries was trying to go hand to hand with Daredevil and with a regular gun....yeeeeeah

I figured he slowed down to hit him, as 350 miles in under 4 seconds is far above Mach 5.

-K-M-
Could be, but why quantify one and not the other (especially the slower speed)? Seems odd.

KingD19
That issue had some inconsistencies. Like Nemesis' darts actually sticking in Iron Man's armor. And Luke actually standing a chance against Namor in water.

And maybe he slowed down because hitting Magneto at full speed without his shields would pulp him? He might hate his dad, but he doesn't want him turned into paste.

-K-M-
Yeah I think the tie-ins will be better then the main series.

Northstar hit someone going mach three and well...ouch
http://i26.photobucket.com/albums/c120/A_Flight2/w-28-003.jpg

KingD19
Yeesh. Yeah, if Mags didn't have those shields/that durability he's famous for...

-K-M-
Oh Magneto is definetly not a norm, but I don't think his shields were up or QS wouldn't even physically touched him.

KingD19
True enough. Inconsistencies abound let's call it, lol.

-K-M-
Agreed. thumb up

nwg202
That's one point for Magik, now watch her job to the freaking black widow...

Estacado
Strange cause for some stupid reason the X-men cant win even 1 battle.

nwg202
Originally posted by Estacado
Strange cause for some stupid reason the X-men cant win even 1 battle.

Well the x-side is finally on the score board.

Estacado
Well the x-side is finally on the score board.
Wait so someone finally won a fight?

-K-M-
So Magik won...off-panel. Still I'm impressed

Estacado
So Magik won...off-panel. Still I'm impressed
Oooo thats nice.

My bad didnt read the 2nd page of the thread....

KingD19
Oh, the X's finally get a win but off panel? They can't even give us a definitive win?

-K-M-
Originally posted by Estacado
My bad didnt read the 2nd page of the thread....

Apology not accepted mad

Estacado
Apology not accepted mad
KK but its not like it was towards you just forgot to quote..jugg666happy

Bouboumaster
Oh man.. Why it had to be Strange that lost?

The dude had centuries of experience over her... A shame, really.

KingD19
Originally posted by Bouboumaster
Oh man.. Why it had to be Strange that lost?

The dude had centuries of experience over her... A shame, really.

It would make even less sense for him to win than the others. If he was at 100% when he was Sorcerer Supreme and had all his mystical equipment, I would see a majority from him making sense. As it is now, he's a shell, he might not even be at 30% anymore. Magik on the other hand is one of the rulers of Limbo and was in her domain, making her even more powerful when they fought.

nwg202
Now that the only legitimate threat to Magik has been taken out (Thor is off world) What's stopping her from dumping the rest of the Avengers in Limbo or any other dimension? She just dumped an army of dire wraiths in limbo and she depowered them a couple of issues back. She should just dump em in the civil war prison dimension. Do the avengers have any teleporters who can travel through dimensions on hand outside of Thor and Strange?

for all her power, Magik seems to lack a fair amount of common sense (similar to flash) when she fights.

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.