Magneto and Sinestro vs Superman

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.

Starscream M
No kryptonite or red sunlight.

carver9
Magneto or Sinestro solos...probably not for a majority but the two alone could pull some wins.

iceman24567
Magneto might solo but Sinestro gets his face planted into the ground

JakeTheBank
Team.

carver9
I wouldn't give any GL a majority against Superman.

iceman24567
Originally posted by carver9
I wouldn't give any GL a majority against Superman. Whats your point?

JakeTheBank
I wouldn't give any GL a majority against Superman.

Cool story bro.

carver9
Originally posted by iceman24567
Whats your point?

That I agree with you, Sinestro gets his face punched off.

carver9
Originally posted by JakeTheBank
Cool story bro.

Lol...what does that mean Jake?

JakeTheBank
Lol...what does that mean Jake?

Means exactly what I said.

carver9
Originally posted by JakeTheBank
Means exactly what I said.

A true story.?

iceman24567
carver you sure seem brain dead sometimes but i can't hate you

quanchi112
Team. Hard.

zopzop
I'm going with Superman. Too fast, durable, smart, and strong.

Blair Wind
I'm going with the Team. Too durable, smart, strong, and versatile.

DTM
Going with Superman for the win. Neither Sinestro or Magneto themselves has the durability to take several hits from Superman (yes they have protective shields, but they themselves are generally not super tough). Superman will take his hits, he will push through, and he will use his powers to their fullest to defeat Mags and Sin here. Hes fought stronger and tougher and won out in the end.

Raptor22
I agree with Carter, Sinestro solos superman then gets his face punched off by superman.

carver9
Stop calling me Carter.

Raptor22
Stop calling me Carter. sorry man my phone changes it automatically and sometimes I don't catch it. Maybe it would be easier if u just changed ur name to Carter. That way i wouldnt have to change it everytime and u wouldn't have to worry about it happening again.

carver9
Originally posted by Raptor22
sorry man my phone changes it automatically and sometimes I don't catch it. Maybe it would be easier if u just changed ur name to Carter. That way i wouldnt have to change it everytime and u wouldn't have to worry about it happening again.

Lol.

Blair Wind
Originally posted by DTM
Going with Superman for the win. Neither Sinestro or Magneto themselves has the durability to take several hits from Superman (yes they have protective shields, but they themselves are generally not super tough). Superman will take his hits, he will push through, and he will use his powers to their fullest to defeat Mags and Sin here. Hes fought stronger and tougher and won out in the end.

I can't recall Magneto's shields ever being broken through sheer force - not even Thor's hammer toss has done it.

I don't generally think of Magneto as on Superman's level, but his durability surely is. Together with Sinestro, they win.

iceman24567
Lol. Shut up carter

carver9
Originally posted by iceman24567
Shut up carter

Wow...just wow.

abhilegend
Originally posted by Blair Wind
I can't recall Magneto's shields ever being broken through sheer force - not even Thor's hammer toss has done it.

I don't generally think of Magneto as on Superman's level, but his durability surely is. Together with Sinestro, they win.
I think that namor has broken them. Split.

Bouboumaster
So, as I understand it, it's Superman vs Sinestro, since Magneto is a non-factor? I see the team pulling it 6 / 10, because of the versatility of Sinestro.

guy222
team

Hulkbuster1
magneto lost to spiderman, SIPDERMAN for crying out loud he die to superman

Uriel005
Originally posted by Hulkbuster1
magneto lost to spiderman, SIPDERMAN for crying out loud he die to superman lost to spider zeus... Don't know what your talking about g_troll

Entity
Originally posted by Bouboumaster
So, as I understand it, it's Superman vs Sinestro, since Magneto is a non-factor? I see the team pulling it 6 / 10, because of the versatility of Sinestro. Agreed

So, whats to stop Sinestro from just using his ring to alter his DNA to be Kryptonian or Daxamite or Martian or Czarnian then either super charging himself with yellow solar radiation or encasing Superman in gold kryptonite and shoving one more up his *** just for good measure other then plot induced stupidity?

Sinestro ain't no cump dummy. erm

Hulkbuster1
Originally posted by Uriel005
lost to spider zeus... Don't know what your talking about g_troll it amazing spiderman and cartoon spiderman and his amazing freands. sinestro lost to hulk who lost to a snake,thing,black blot and rhino thus superman would kill them

abhilegend
Originally posted by Entity
Agreed

So, whats to stop Sinestro from just using his ring to alter his DNA to be Kryptonian or Daxamite or Martian or Czarnian then either super charging himself with yellow solar radiation or encasing Superman in gold kryptonite and shoving one more up his *** just for good measure other then plot induced stupidity?

When has he done that?

Entity
Originally posted by abhilegend
When has he done that? I can't say Sinestro ever has for sure but there's no reason he couldn't. The rings, yellow or green, can do anything you can imagine n will them too. Kyle has specifically used his ring to alter his dna, so its been proven to be capable or that. N Sinestro is hardly an amature with his ring.

Even if for some reason he couldn't do that multiple lanterns have been show to be able to recreate kryptonite effectively and gold takes away kryptonian powers permanently!

-Pr-
Agreed

Because Sinestro fights the way Sinestro would fight; not the way you want him to.

Entity
Thought there was no PIS in forum fights?

The "No PIS" Rule

PIS = Plot Induced Stupidity

At times, for the sake of the plot, characters that are immensely more powerful than their opponent will "job" to carry on the plot of the story, even though the characters powers and history would clearly show that they are more than capable of destroying their opponent. For this reason we have a No PIS Rule. This rule prohibits the use of such instances of PIS from being used as evidence in debates.

Uriel005
Thought there was no PIS in forum fights? CIS is on...

abhilegend
I can't say Sinestro ever has for sure but there's no reason he couldn't. The rings, yellow or green, can do anything you can imagine n will them too. Kyle has specifically used his ring to alter his dna, so its been proven to be capable or that. N Sinestro is hardly an amature with his ring.

Even if for some reason he couldn't do that multiple lanterns have been show to be able to recreate kryptonite effectively and gold takes away kryptonian powers permanently!
Not post crisis, only kyle created kryptonite with instructions from j'onn and that was synthetic kryptonite. Feats aren't interchangeable between characters. You are slightly incorrect, gold kryptonite depowers kryptonians for 15 seconds and its formula is known only to Lex. Not post-rebirth rings though.

-Pr-

The "No PIS" Rule

At times, for the sake of the plot, characters that are immensely more powerful than their opponent will "job" to carry on the plot of the story, even though the characters powers and history would clearly show that they are more than capable of destroying their opponent. For this reason we have a No PIS Rule. This rule prohibits the use of such instances of PIS from being used as evidence in debates.

That's not PIS. You're talking about CIS, or CIP, which talks about a character's behaviour.

abhilegend

The "No PIS" Rule

So superman vibrates and pulls out their hearts at faster than nanosecond speeds?

Odekahn
Not post crisis, only kyle created kryptonite with instructions from j'onn and that was synthetic kryptonite. Feats aren't interchangeable between characters. You are slightly incorrect, gold kryptonite depowers kryptonians for 15 seconds and its formula is known only to Lex. Not post-rebirth rings though.

So tempted... must hold back...

And team wins.

abhilegend
Originally posted by Odekahn
So tempted... must hold back...

And team wins.
Go ahead, educate us about dazzling feats of sinestro. That's fine by me.

Mshinu
Spite, Mags could pull a majority on his own.

Prep-Man
Superman would clobber Magneto faster than Quicksilver did. But as a team? Superman loses.

abhilegend
Originally posted by Mshinu
Spite, Mags could pull a majority on his own.
No, he wouldn't and its not a spite.

Odekahn
Go ahead, educate us about dazzling feats of sinestro. That's fine by me.

/sigh

You still don't get it. It's the capability of the ring that matters. All GL rings can do the same thing, it's just a matter of the skill of its wearer. Sinestro is arguably the most skilled of any lantern ever. It's not like a feat is being transferred from Superman to Gladiator. It's all about the ring.

But I don't want to turn this thread into another one of those discussions where I give you sound logic and you reject it like a child scoffing at his vegetables.

The team would win this. Sinestro gives Magneto a power ring and they double doink Supes.

abhilegend
/sigh

You still don't get it. It's the capability of the ring that matters. All GL rings can do the same thing, it's just a matter of the skill of its wearer. Sinestro is arguably the most skilled of any lantern ever. It's not like a feat is being transferred from Superman to Gladiator. It's all about the ring.

But I don't want to turn this thread into another one of those discussions where I give you sound logic and you reject it like a child scoffing at his vegetables.

The team would win this. Sinestro gives Magneto a power ring and they double doink Supes.
Really, because I remember manjobber pwning sinestro with one punch while john made a fool of manjobber. You don't get it, feats aren't transferrable between characters no matter how similar. Before or after superman speedblitzes them? Your sound logic was that gunpowder can make a bullet go three space sectors.

Odekahn
Your sound logic was that gunpowder can make a bullet go three space sectors.

Lol, weren't you the one accusing me of Strawmanning you in our last debate? Pot and Kettle much?

Again I'm not going to get into this here because I don't want to detract from the OP.

abhilegend
Lol, weren't you the one accusing me of Strawmanning you in our last debate? Pot and Kettle much?

Again I'm not going to get into this here because I don't want to detract from the OP.
You didn't deny it though.stick out tongue
What detraction?

Odekahn
You didn't deny it though.stick out tongue
What detraction?

That's cause I already did all of my explaining in the other thread. I just mean I don't want to detract this thread to what the ring is capable of instead of who would win this fight. Yeah I know it's capabilities factor in to who would win the fight, but our last conversation dominated the other thread, lol.

abhilegend
That's cause I already did all of my explaining in the other thread. I just mean I don't want to detract this thread to what the ring is capable of instead of who would win this fight. Yeah I know it's capabilities factor in to who would win the fight, but our last conversation dominated the other thread, lol.
Seriously though, no lantern is going to beat superman with just ring. Superman has alone stalemated entire corps for 50 years in future.

DTM
Agreed. Im actually susprised Superman is losing so badly in votes here, as I think hed win a nice majority of the time even against these two.

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.