Triple threat match:Mario vs. link vs. Samus

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.

Hulkbuster1
All weapons,items,heal items, any item that summons assistance allowed like exampleembarrasmentcarina epona song and every characters ability added from every game into one.
Bios:
Mario:italian plumber who uses a variety of power ups and heal items to help his quest. Abilities w/o items:he can run,jump,triple jump,strength,mid range-close range fighter and can recover health in a body of water(mario 64 and sunshine)
weaknesses:low durability, items have low stamina weak resistance to hit and overall slow. Link: A hylian born Expert long range-mid range fighter and tactful combatant.He can roll,backflip,move side to side,summon storms, uses tunic abilites including invulnerable(gold armor twilight) Has high durability,strenght,magic casting and expert at exploiting weakness.
weakness:low stamina(skyward),slow on water, and susceptible to magic and gullible.
Samus:A human breed chazo warrior who weilds Highly advance armor long rang and mid range fighter and has high agility/speed even w/o suit. High durability and face scanner can revel items and weak points
Weaknesses:Armor is very weak against Highly powerful moves like mother brains Death beam or Metriod prime swift attack(fushion), susceptible to viruses, stress tramatic disorder makes her hasitant warrior (metriod m),and taking irrational orders in deadly situations,charging into situations hastly questions both her logic/sense and makes her a reckless fighter(metriod m and fusion) So whose the victor?

The Scenario
All items?

Starman, Crystal Stars, Pure Hearts, Star Rod/Beam?

Triforce, Oath to Order, Four Sword, Phantom Sword?

Phazon, Hyper Beam, Omega Cannon, Command Visor?

One of these three has a slightly lower maximum than the others. In any case, my knee-jerk reaction to "all items" here is Mario, just edging out Link, because he has some really awesome stuff.

The Star Rod is a wish granting item that can make the user practically invincible, heal, call lightning bolts, and trap creatures in cards. Mario admittedly didn't use it himself, but he took it from Bowser and can call the Star Spirits, who have used it, if only because outside help is now allowed. Incidentally, the Star Spirits have the Star Beam, and Mario has the Pure Hearts, both of which have shown the ability to shut down powerful artifacts and get rid of buffs. Both together, and Link's Triforce may not even matter. The Star Spirits and Crystal Stars also give Mario access to earthquakes, time stops, buffs and debuffs, and can transform others into harmless stars (though Link may have resistance to this, Star Beam/Pure Hearts has a chance of shutting it down).

Link, for his part, can possibly have four of himself on the field, thanks to the Four Sword, and the Phantom Sword (+ outside help) gives him access to a time stop. The Triforce is another wish granting artifact, but again, Star Rod/Pure Hearts. Not positive on how that one goes. Oath to Order was more or less a joke, but hey, the Four Giants owe him a favor. Best edge I think Link might have is the Stone Mask making him unnoticeable.

Samus is less lucky when it comes to awesome items. She can't even have her wishes granted. That said, her best stuff is destruction incarnate, and she's got a severe speed edge on Mario and can move a bit faster than Link. The Phazon Enhancement Device's Hyper Mode, the Hyper Beam, and possibly Omega Cannon (questionable) are close to one hit kills for unbuffed Mario and Link, so there's a chance she could pull something off before either of them initiates GodMode and begins stomping around. Command Visor lets her use her ship to bomb from orbit, maybe she could do that.

Still, I'm leaning towards Mario here.

Sin_Volvagia
Mario with everything is probably the most overpowered Nintendo character next to Dimentio and Giygas.

Sin_Volvagia
Oh and since 1 vs. 1 vs. 1 matches are against the rules:

TNzcATXyxvo

The Scenario
Oh hey, Volvagia's back.

Welcome back.

Ridley_Prime
He's probably always been here; just been lurking, mirite?

NemeBro
Welcome back Volvagia. Even if you are a pitiful peon, this place needs some more activity.

... Though yeah, Mario ****ing stomps this thread.

Mario with all the items he has ever had could solo Link and Samus's verses.

NotAllThatEvil
It may not be that clean-cut. Mario has the best power ups and items, but he can only use one at a time and it takes awhile for him to switch, while samus and link can switch between which item they use relitively quick making them more adaptable in a long fight.

Hulkbuster1
Originally posted by NotAllThatEvil
It may not be that clean-cut. Mario has the best power ups and items, but he can only use one at a time and it takes awhile for him to switch, while samus and link can switch between which item they use relitively quick making them more adaptable in a long fight. plus marios stamina with powerups are real low except for starman which has a decent endurance. link as a long range fighter can hit mario in powerup than more hits and its over before mario can get close enough. link has alot of heart with added defense to hearts and he can use niburu love and dins fire.

NemeBro
Isn't Mario with every item he has ever had a multiversal opponent, or is Scenario a dirty liar?

The Scenario
Mario with every item can shut down a multiverse level artifact, at least. The Chaos Heart (not used by Mario) is capable of wiping dimensions from existence, including the afterlife, and defending the user from the aforementioned destruction as well as most anything else. Mario has the Pure Hearts, which can shut down the Chaos Heart's shield and recreate anything that was erased.

Mario's multiverse level abilities aren't actually offensive in nature, as it's more like a giant buff remover/reset button. Hence why I say Mario could shut down the Triforce and not much else.

The real problem here is Mario's copious Time Stop abilities. He could use a Stop Watch, summon Klevar for a Time Out, or use the Emerald Star's Clock Out ability, all of which either stop time or freeze opponents in time. At which point Mario can do whatever he wants, because no one can stop him after he starts.

Eh, Starman isn't actually that powerful ever since New Super Mario Bros. showed it being vulnerable to magma. Din's Fire may or may not be able to bypass it, but Nayru's Love probably gets removed by a Star Beam.

On reflection, Samus is the fastest one here, so it all comes down to what she does first. If she blitzes Mario, then Link wins via Time Stop during the distraction. If she blitzes Link, then Mario wins via Time Stop during the distraction. It really depends on which one can pull their time shenanigans first, if Samus can't get both of them at once.

BloodRain
The Purity/Pure Heart's sole power is to counteract the ability of the Chaos Heart. Like how the Star Beam's power is to negate the Star Rod. These powers don't effect other things.

Very temporary effect, takes a while to activate or has a chance of backfiring on himself depending on which one he uses.

And doesn't Phantom Sword only timestop with the help of Ciela's powers? If you ask me neither can really use their time powers here.

Samus is the fastest, most destructive and durable of the three combatants. Now unless the guys want to spring some kind of hax, she's going to win this.

The Scenario
Originally posted by BloodRain
The Purity/Pure Heart's sole power is to counteract the ability of the Chaos Heart. Like how the Star Beam's power is to negate the Star Rod. These powers don't effect other things.

The Purity Heart could also recreate multiple dimensions that were destroyed, so that isn't its only power. And while the Star Beam is used to drain the Star Rod, it is also able to dispels power up other enemies use. Magikoopa's sometimes make other enemies intangible or increase their attack/defense and the Star Beam can get rid of that. It's just so uncommon and buffs are so rare you almost never actually need to do that.

Stopwatches tend to be decently quick, but yeah. I'm not sure what to make of Thousand Year Door's version.

Normally, yes, but the OP allows outside help if they can summon it.

Basically, Samus will beat one of them, it just depends on what the other does while she blitzes and if they can pull off any hax.

BloodRain
Originally posted by The Scenario
The Purity Heart could also recreate multiple dimensions that were destroyed, so that isn't its only power. And while the Star Beam is used to drain the Star Rod, it is also able to dispels power up other enemies use. Magikoopa's sometimes make other enemies intangible or increase their attack/defense and the Star Beam can get rid of that. It's just so uncommon and buffs are so rare you almost never actually need to do that.
Not unless you count it as a reversal of the Chaos Hearts power. I could find the vid but Im sure they say its only for the Chaos effects. Even if thats not the case, recreating destroyed dimensions isnt useful unless said dimensions are being destroyed, not really combat suited.
Ah so it does, thought Im wondering if a Shield counts as a status effect after checking the status effects in Paper Mario, but it probably does.

Stopwatches tend to be decently quick, but yeah. I'm not sure what to make of Thousand Year Door's version.
Urrm its probably one of the three effects I said, read up on it ages ago. (Emerald Star?)

Normally, yes, but the OP allows outside help if they can summon it.
I don't think Link has an item that lets him summon her.

Basically, Samus will beat one of them, it just depends on what the other does while she blitzes and if they can pull off any hax.
Ignoring Time powers for a second (is that a time pun?), neither Mario or Link have any notable hax available that I'm aware of.

Ice, fire or whatever tricks they have wont be much of a concern.

The Scenario
Not unless you count it as a reversal of the Chaos Hearts power. I could find the vid but Im sure they say its only for the Chaos effects. Even if thats not the case, recreating destroyed dimensions isnt useful unless said dimensions are being destroyed, not really combat suited.

I might check, but for now them being opposites works. Not too important to the fight anyway.

A shield I'm positive on, but it could fall under a defense up.

Yeah, it's Emerald Star, but it's got a weird effect that is only possible in a turn based game. Unless Samus and Link feel like playing hot potato with a huge time bomb, Time Out or a Stop Watch are better alternatives.

He doesn't, but he can equip her (and other fairies) as an item. She gives him sword beams. Up in the air whether that counts. Like Cortana for Master Chief I guess?

Link has Spell or Ether, which can transform enemies into smaller, nigh harmless blob things; Mario can have a Lamb's Lure or Kalmar transform things into sheep or stars, respectively. They both can resist each other's transformations (Triforce of Courage and Trueform Pin, respectively,) but Samus doesn't really have a defense against it.

Then Link has the Four Sword, so there's four of him. And the Stone Mask makes him "unnoticeable," apparently so boring that you'll just ignore him even after he stabs you in the face.

Can't recall much more than that off the top of my head.

BloodRain
Yeah, it's Emerald Star, but it's got a weird effect that is only possible in a turn based game. Unless Samus and Link feel like playing hot potato with a huge time bomb, Time Out or a Stop Watch are better alternatives.
The one with the short duration isnt the best thing for combat, the one with the start up lag however can be useful if Samus were to take care of Link first.

Fair point. Guess its up to the OP who wont read this post to give us an answer.

Oh right, Link has things outside of SS, TP and OoT.. Do those transforms work on every enemy?

Much love to the Four Sword. Is he able to use this sword then switch it out for the Phantom or MS? The masks sneaky but it fails to work on many enemies. And Id bet her scanners would pick up on it.

NotAllThatEvil
In most games link can switch swords as easy as any item.
Question: compound link or an individual game link?

BloodRain
He can switch sure, but can he use their effects when not holding them?

Individual or composite.. there's not really much difference besides two or three extra items.

NotAllThatEvil
The four sword guys can use different items and they don't dissapear.

But those two or three extra items make some dangerous combinations. Romani milk > bryn cane and magic cape= untouchable agent of death.

BloodRain
Cane & Cape are decent, but are mostly a no-limits in the protection area besides giving invisibility.

NotAllThatEvil
That was kinda the point. Limitless defense and all. So composite link then?

BloodRain
No as in its a no-limits fallacy. Just because somethings untouchable/unbreakable in its gameplay doesn't mean it can actually protect them from any damage. As we don't know their limits or have any feats from them, its gonna be hard to use them in an argument against someone.

NotAllThatEvil
Ok but do samus or mario have something that could break it. It seems like their strongest attacks would be a rainbow laser for samus or giant mushroom for mario.

BloodRain
Depends of what they would need to break it. Do we have an idea of how strong his protections are?

NotAllThatEvil
Ganon couldn't so anything less than that shouldn't be able to.

BloodRain
Technically Ganon on some instances can still partially damage Link through Nayrus Love.

NotAllThatEvil
Making the bryna's stick the better option as he can't and it deals damage to those who come too close.

BloodRain
The protection would be Large-building level. Keeps Mario out, but not Samus.

NotAllThatEvil
Building level?

BloodRain
Building, large building, city block ect. How strong or destructive someone is. Large building is what Ganon is at.

NotAllThatEvil
My metroid knowledge is lacking, what are some of samus' feats?

BloodRain
..my Metroid knowledge is likely less than yours. I think it comes from her beating enemies with durability of that level.

NotAllThatEvil
In a single shot?

ScreamPaste
Jesus Christ. I tried. I really tried to ignore this thread but it is so full of stupid.

1. Yes, Mario does win.

2. http://i370.photobucket.com/albums/oo141/ShinTwist_ScreamPaste/LinkBattlingAghanim.jpg

Link is not being blitzed.

3. Large building level for Ganon? Are you joking, BR? Me not posting does not mean you get to disregard Ganon's multiple city level and even country level feats, kk?

Freeze Zora's domain twice, once with a fraction of his power, like a bawss.

Destroy island with your power sealed away. Liek a bawss.

Physically shake an entire valley in a weakened proto-form with no ToP liek a bawss.

Overlap an entire country with a parallel dimension because why the **** not, like a bawss.

Ffs.

Edit: and just to add to this, this thread used OmniLink with the entire triforce and the Master sword, the two most powerful artifacts in Zelda canon. Mario still wins because Omniversalness is kind of ****ed up, but Link in this thread is still ****ing strong

NotAllThatEvil
Why does mario win. Link has enough defense spells and a wish in his arsenal to handle him. Besides mario's stronger attacks seem pretty plot oriented making them iffy at best in a straight up fight.

BloodRain
Got SP to post; Beta plan successful awegimp

But Mario's speed 'n destuction < Samus'. And I don't think Link can deflect beams fired by her either, blitz or not.

I was talking about Ganon's physical strength, which is Large building from GG Link's joules. And if that island is the cityblock-sized Greatfish Ilse, Ganondorf did not destroy it. He tore at it trying to find that J-person. The rest aren't physical or destructive so have no relation to Link here.

The Master Swords physical strikes aren't at that level though. And Mario is not omniversal.

Oh and after debating against people disagreeing with Dante's obvious, real looking, stated and calcable lightning feats... I not sure why those same people would support Link's feat with none of those four things. Just sayin'.

NotAllThatEvil
Just had some fun on youtube finding out more on samus and i think mario is screwed (pun unintended). One of his stronger advantages was his agility but samus seems like the fast one hear and in terms of ranged firepower she has the toughest arsenal. I am now not sure between link and her but mario is definately going down.

BloodRain
Bugger, forgot to look up Samus' feats for you.. well you got em now. If Link has the Triforce and can touch it while stating his wish before getting killed, the he would probably win. Without the Triforce's wish he shares the same fate as Mario. Shes to hot for them to handle.

NotAllThatEvil
He may not need the triforce. Link may not have the fire power but he's a diverse little bugger. Alot of samus's attacks (from what i YT) could be countered by a few of link's stuff.

BloodRain
He can probably counter un-charged shots and missiles. Her city-block+ weapons, like the Omega cannon or Phazon Beam, would still blast through any defense of his.

The Scenario
Wah, I finally have time again.

The one with the short duration isnt the best thing for combat, the one with the start up lag however can be useful if Samus were to take care of Link first.

Yeah, I'm still fairly certain Samus could take one of them out only if she managed to do it before they got their defenses and hax up. Which would take some time for them to do.

's why I think is kind of a dumb match.

Spell works on quite a few, but not bosses as per standard.

How the Four Sword interacts with other swords is pretty speculative since it's the only one in its respective games, but other items can be used normally. As for the stone mask, I'm not sure. Required enemies like bosses can see it (more elite Gerudo even have dialogue saying they aren't fooled) while mooks will ignore you even after you attack. It's completely arbitrary. Meanwhile, it's not actual invisibility so much as Link being too boring to notice. He's perfectly visible, but the mask makes it so others ignore him. Don't know if a visor would change that.

As for Link being blitzed, yeah he's fast and has reactions, but not all the stuff he can do quickly would hinder Samus too much. Even if he can swat lightning, he's not a mobile as Samus and the Master Sword is probably not able to reflect her attacks. Nayru's Love and Cane of Byrna can't stop the Wave Beam, though the Mirror Shield likely could if the wide beam wasn't making the beam larger than Link himself. Triforce and most spells take time, though again stone mask hax could certainly give him the win, especially if there are 3 other Links running interference.

Mario...I'm going to look into the Purity Heart affect things other than the Chaos Heart. If it can't, that's disappointing and I'll revise the winner to Link.

NotAllThatEvil
Actually it looks as though the master sword or mirror sheild could kbock either of those back.

The Scenario
Either the Wave beam or Wide beam? Eh, I don't think it's too likely.

v2ErIS8cDIA

As an example. The beam Samus is using there is a combination of the Wave, Wide, and Plasma Beams. The SA-X has all of the above plus Ice. Anyway, Samus is taller than Link and the beam is bigger than she is. The Mirror Shield isn't large enough to block all of it, and I'm not really sure how Link would go about using the Master Sword against that.

NotAllThatEvil
But this super link( never liked that idea) has like four mirror shields and i still don't know much about metroid but don't most of he beams have a charge up time giving link enough time to use cane of bryna/nayrus love which covers him from all sides.

BloodRain
^ The Master Sword hasnt deflected anything like a beam before. That and iirc it would only reflect magic, which her shots are not.

@Scene: Probably mis-reading, you saying that Link can get the time to make a Triforce wish while using the stone mask with three other Link's being a distraction? If so then that would be his only method of winning. Especially as he has nothing else to attack her with.

NotAllThatEvil
The mirror sheild reflected light arrows
those are kinda like lasers and such. Also link has light bomb and silver arrows powder kegs the fierce deity mask and the like five super magic swords. He doesn't have to wait for samus to attack to at least do some damage. One more thing, what is difference between magic and twch?

NotAllThatEvil
Twch=tech...sorry

The Scenario
But this super link( never liked that idea) has like four mirror shields and i still don't know much about metroid but don't most of he beams have a charge up time giving link enough time to use cane of bryna/nayrus love which covers him from all sides.

I don't think Link can actually use more than one shield at once, so it's still unlikely that he can fully block it. Samus' beams have the option to charge, and become much more powerful that way, but they are fully capable of spamming.

Then, the Wave beam is purpose built to penetrate walls and barriers, and can go through force fields as long as they're transparent. Here, note the description and how Samus can fire through the glass.

Maybe I wasn't being very clear, sorry. I do think that having 3 copies of himself would give Link time to use so of his other hax, but not necessarily the Triforce. Samus is immune to a lot of things, but a good old fashioned Golden Gauntlets blow with a sword might not be among them. The strongest guys in Metroid tend to be around 100 tonners physically, Ghor being 136 tons and Kraid weighing 110 (IIRC) with unknown strength. Ridley wrecked a mountain with a plasma blast, which Samus is explicitly immune to, while his physical strength is probably single digit tons or less. He can crush metal (steel?) with one claw and break walls and stuff.

Anyway I still don't think Samus really has resistance to transformations like Spell, or time stops.

Light Arrows are pretty much normal arrows sheathed in the burning light of JUSTICE, I don't think they're very much like lasers. Same for the Silver Arrows. Either way, the Mirror Shield doesn't stop a beam that doesn't hit it. Essentially, the wide beam can hit High, Middle, and Low. The Mirror Shield, or any shield for that matter, can only really defend one of area at a time, or two if you're lucky. The Fierce Deity takes time and we don't know how strong it is. Powder Keg takes far too long to be useful. Magic swords:

-Master Sword: Useful if he can hit Samus, but her mobility and preference for range makes it difficult. Skyward Strike can give a ranged attack, but it's slow and the range is short. I personally don't think it can reflect beams or missiles. Destroys evil, too, but that's not really applicable here.

-Four Sword: Useful if only for the clones it provides. I believe it's also evil's bane.

-Phantom Sword: Has a time stop, so potential game winner if Ciela is available. Also has sword beams and can be set on fire if the other 2 fairies are available, but they're largely useless.

I'm drawing a blank on any swords better than those, or with more special powers. Biggoron's Sword, Great Fairy's Sword, Gilded Sword, etc. are pretty normal and not much better than the Master Sword if at all. Link's strength can do some damage, but I'm of the opinion that he'll win with magic. Or the Triforce.

NotAllThatEvil
Golden sword is around double the master sword and can easily spam sword blasts at full health. Pegasus boots plus gold gauntlets plus golden sword equals pain.

BloodRain
Limited Metroid knowledge here, but Kraid (maybe Ridley too?) is likely Large-Building level with its hits, also from virtue of size, 6 stories high 'n all. If so and Samus can take hits from them, she can take hits from Link.

I wouldnt go with the time stops, for transformation I'm a little iffy on. I'm not really sure with things like that if the defendant needs to show resistance to it, or if the attacker needs to be able to effect any level of enemies. E.g. Using Spell on a high ranking Marvel character that hasn't shown resistance to it.

NotAllThatEvil
Why not time stop?

The Scenario
Golden sword is around double the master sword and can easily spam sword blasts at full health. Pegasus boots plus gold gauntlets plus golden sword equals pain.

It's an upgrade to the Master Sword, and I'm fairly certain its extra power is for affecting evil. Still, it should hurt. On the other hand I don't see the Pegasus Boots being too useful.

Possibly. I agree, but lack of feats makes it difficult to determine Ridley's strength, and Kraid doesn't do much besides stomp Samus and get 2-shotted. I don't think Link could kill Samus instantly, but his hits would smart a bit.

I wouldn't know how to call that. What Spell affects or doesn't affect is pretty much arbitrary. Contractual Boss Immunity and all that. Time stop is still dependent on how Ciela is factored in to this.

NotAllThatEvil
The songs of time slows down most everybody (ironically it is shown to be particularly effective against alien tech) it takes longer but with three other links running interference it could be applicable.

prestogiant02
Really?! Samus! wanna know why??? cause first off, look... the Varia suit, Mario... your not getting threw that. Link, Samus can just blast you and your gonna be done. Plain and simple.

NotAllThatEvil
Isn't link always getting blasted...and then tennis-ing it right back?

prestogiant02

The Scenario
I still think Mario and Link have too much hax in their composite forms. Only edge Samus really has is speed and mobility.

NotAllThatEvil
Agreed

Ridley_Prime
So why does that 1vs1vs1 thread get locked while this one remains unlocked?

Nemesis X
Hulkbuster's got some impressive cloaking tech I'll give him that.

Ridley_Prime
Originally posted by Nemesis X
Hulkbuster's got some impressive cloaking tech I'll give him that.
Maybe one of us should PM him to make another thread like this then to test that theory. no expression But really...

Sin_Volvagia
HOLY MOTHER OF SPERM!!! I was actually welcomed back?! You people actually missed my Bayonetta wanking? Oh, I'm so touched T_T

BTW, why is thread still up? Rules changed? Does this mean I can make my Charizard thread again.

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.