Rank in strength

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.

carver9
If you had to rank these characters 1 being the greatest, 9 being the weakest...how would you rank them strength wise? Pure raw strength.

Black Adam
Orion
Beta Ray Bill
Martian Manhunter
Wonder Woman
Sentry
Blue Marvel
Rulk
Hyperion

gogogadgetgo
1. orion
2. black adam
3. hyperion
4. sentry
5. blue marvel
6. beta ray bill
7 rulk
8. martian manhunter
9. wonder woman

Rage.Of.Olympus
Sentry
Orion
Black Adam
Blue Marvel
Beta Ray Bill
Hyperion
Rulk
Wonder Woman
Martian Manhunter

Not comfortable with the above because I believe some to be on par strength wise, and can easily be switched. Wonder Woman/Martian Manhunter is probably the weakest and Sentry the strongest though.

abhilegend
Orion
Black adam
Beta ray bill
Blue marvel
Wonder Woman
Rulk
Hyperion
Martian Manhunter

I left out sentry because he fluctuates too much.

abhilegend
Originally posted by Rage.Of.Olympus
Sentry
Black Adam
Orion
Blue Marvel
Beta Ray Bill
Hyperion
Rulk
Martian Manhunter
Wonder Woman

Not comfortable with the above because I believe some to be on par strength wise, and can easily be switched. Wonder Woman is probably the weakest and Sentry the strongest though.
You think that sentry is stronger than orion?

gogogadgetgo
Sentry
Orion
Black Adam
Blue Marvel
Beta Ray Bill
Hyperion
Rulk
Wonder Woman
Martian Manhunter

Not comfortable with the above because I believe some to be on par strength wise, and can easily be switched. Wonder Woman/Martian Manhunter is probably the weakest and Sentry the strongest though.

imo, sentry, orion, black adam, blue marvel and hyperion can be jumbled around depending on how you look at it since i believe their about in the same ball park with bill just missing out.

Rage.Of.Olympus
Originally posted by abhilegend

Yup.

He has his bad days of course, but that goes without saying, his powers are dependent on his mental state.

abhilegend
Originally posted by gogogadgetgo
imo, sentry, orion, black adam, blue marvel and hyperion can be jumbled around depending on how you look at it since i believe their about in the same ball park with bill just missing out.
Hyperion isn't that strong IIRC.

gogogadgetgo

thats because he has the power of a million exploding suns laughing

given his origin story and what he was able to do, he should be way way up there beyond every other high heralds. too bad its the same origin story that really made him suck imo.

abhilegend
Yup.

He has his bad days of course, but that goes without saying, his powers are dependent on his mental state.
Yeah, that's why I didn't included him in my list. So is sentry stronger than high heralds like superman or thor on his best day?

abhilegend
thats because he has the power of a million exploding suns laughing

given his origin story and what he was able to do, he should be way way up there beyond every other high heralds. too bad its the same origin story that really made him suck imo.
They ran this "million exploding suns" thing into the ground, didn't they?

Rage.Of.Olympus
Yeah, that's why I didn't included him in my list. So is sentry stronger than high heralds like superman or thor on his best day?

That's a safe bet I'd say. He's easily on par with someone like Thor/Superman at his World War Hulk levels. Say what you will about Pak but going toe to toe with Green Scar as he did was something few could do.

I recently re-read his original mini, and while I hate how he was shoe-horned in as the guy who's better than your favorite hero at everything ever, but I'd probably put him closer to cosmic entities like Galactus than the conventional herald level hero. Based on that mini of course.

abhilegend
That's a safe bet I'd say. He's easily on par with someone like Thor/Superman at his World War Hulk levels. Say what you will about Pak but going toe to toe with Green Scar as he did was something few could do.

I recently re-read his original mini, and while I hate how he was shoe-horned in as the guy who's better than your favorite hero at everything ever, but I'd probably put him closer to cosmic entities like Galactus than the conventional herald level hero. Based on that mini of course.
What about superman and thor on their best day? I don't think that thor wouldn't have gone toe to toe with green scar if he was around. As for superman, he's superman. His strength is a plot device on itself.

Rage.Of.Olympus
What about superman and thor on their best day? I don't think that thor wouldn't have gone toe to toe with green scar if he was around. As for superman, he's superman. His strength is a plot device on itself.

Those two definitely have their high end feats but it's clear the writer was pushing a character as above the typical hero level (Including Thor/Superman) if you know what I mean. Turned Sentry into Jesus with a split personality, more powerful than all of Marvel Earth's heroes (On an average day) combined probably.

I think Thor or Superman would have been able to go toe to toe with Green Scar, but very few can. He'd punch a hole in Wonder Woman's face.

abhilegend
Those two definitely have their high end feats but it's clear the writer was pushing a character as above the typical hero level (Including Thor/Superman) if you know what I mean. Turned Sentry into Jesus with a split personality, more powerful than all of Marvel Earth's heroes (On an average day) combined probably.

I think Thor or Superman would have been able to go toe to toe with Green Scar, but very few can. He'd punch a hole in Wonder Woman's face.
What's it with your newfound WW hate? Let me guess fangirl101.

gogogadgetgo
They ran this "million exploding suns" thing into the ground, didn't they?

yes they did. they ran it good and gave it a good dose of dog poo just to make sure.

abhilegend
yes they did. they ran it good and gave it a good dose of dog poo just to make sure.
Herc showed him what that term actually means though.

Mshinu
Sentry
Beta Ray Bill
Blue Marvel
Orion
Black Adam
Hyperion
Rulk
Martian Manhunter
Wonder Woman

Sr J-Bieb
Black Adam is tops

No one else matters

Q99

"I think Superman would be able to go toe-to-toe, but opponent that regularly goes toe-to-toe with Superman is clearly badly outmatched!"

Hehehe. You're silly.

Batman-Prime
Orion
Black Adam
Sentry
Hyperion
Martian Manhunter
Beta Ray Bill
Wonder Woman
Blue Marvel
Rulk

1-6 too close to matter, really.

carver9
Sentry
Orion
Black Adam
Blue Marvel
Beta Ray Bill
Hyperion
Rulk
Wonder Woman
Martian Manhunter

This...I would probably put Hyperion uo there with Orion and Black Adam. He did make a Sun go nova with pure strength by slamming Wonderman into it.

carver9

I agree with this as well (besides Wonder Woman getting a hole punched in her face).

abhilegend
Originally posted by carver9
This...I would probably put Hyperion uo there with Orion and Black Adam. He did make a Sun go nova with pure strength by slamming Wonderman into it.
Whoa, whoa, whoa, context mate. Issue number? We're talking about a guy who couldn't lift 350 tons once.

abhilegend
Originally posted by Q99
"I think Superman would be able to go toe-to-toe, but opponent that regularly goes toe-to-toe with Superman is clearly badly outmatched!"

Hehehe. You're silly.
ABC logic ftw.

carver9
Whoa, whoa, whoa, context mate. Issue number? We're talking about a guy who couldn't lift 350 tons once.

Lol...350 tons, where in the HELL did you get that from? As for the scan...here. He ram him through a planet and then rams him into a Sun making the Sun go Nova from impact. This kills Wonderman.

http://imageshack.us/photo/my-images/141/vshyperion1emk7.jpg/

abhilegend
Lol...350 tons, where in the HELL did you get that from? As for the scan...here. He ram him through a planet and then rams him into a Sun making the Sun go Nova from impact. This kills Wonderman.

http://imageshack.us/photo/my-images/141/vshyperion1emk7.jpg/
Yeah, that was hyperion. There was nothing to suggest that the sun went nova in that sca.

carver9
Yeah, that was hyperion. There was nothing to suggest that the sun went nova in that sca.

Lol...it doesn't have to suggest it since the sun exploded in the last panel (lol).

Blight
Looked more like a dwindling candle flame to me stick out tongue

Cogito
Looks more like a solar flare to me kinda

abhilegend
Lol...it doesn't have to suggest it since the sun exploded in the last panel (lol).
Carvermatics ftw.

PillarofOsiris
Orion is number one on this list... By far.

quanchi112
If you had to rank these characters 1 being the greatest, 9 being the weakest...how would you rank them strength wise? Pure raw strength.

Black Adam
Orion
Beta Ray Bill
Martian Manhunter
Wonder Woman
Sentry
Blue Marvel
Rulk
Hyperion

1.Sentry
2.Black Adam
3.Rulk (he's second if he starts absorbing)
4.Orion
5.Blue Marvel
6.Beta Ray Bill
7.Martian Manhunter
8.Hyperion
9.Wonderwoman

quanchi112
Originally posted by PillarofOsiris
Orion is number one on this list... By far. No, he isn't.

Colossus-Big C
Originally posted by PillarofOsiris
Orion is number one on this list... By far. laughing out loud orion gets beat up by superman

quanchi112
Originally posted by Colossus-Big C
laughing out loud orion gets beat up by superman laughing out loud

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.