Choose your power/curse

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.

Starscream M
You have been granted an opportunity to get a superpower...but along with it comes certain drawbacks. If you must pick one, which would you choose?

- Invulnerability: you cannot be harmed by anything short of a tank (you have no sensation of touch)

- Super Strength: you can lift up to 100 tons (you cannot adequately control how much force you exert, ie you may crush someone's hands when going for a handshake)

- Super speed: you can move and react and think at 10x normal speed (the world is always in slo-mo to you)

- Flight: you can fly (very large feathery wings will grow out of your back that make it hard for you to walk)

- Healing factor: you heal 10x the rate of a normal person (you experience pain at 10x the intensity and duration, so you will feel pain long after the injury or sickness has healed)

- Telepathy: you can read the minds of those who are within 10 feet radius (you cannot switch it off, so you will see the thoughts of anyone near you)

- Telekinesis: you can move objects (up to 10 tons) with your mind (you are paralyzed from waistdown and stricken to a wheelchair)

bbrem123
healing factor for me

KingD19
I might choose TK. Just practice until I'm good enough to subconsciously "walk" by manipulating my legs.

SamZED
Having wings sounds acceptable. First 2 options would make me wanna kill myself.

Existere
Telekinesis or Telepathy.

Starscream M
Originally posted by Existere
Telekinesis or Telepathy. you don't mind hearing the thoughts of anyone around you...sounds terrible to me. might drive you insane, and you might learn things you don't want to.

Cogito
TK

Existere
Originally posted by Starscream M
you don't mind hearing the thoughts of anyone around you...sounds terrible to me. might drive you insane, and you might learn things you don't want to. Eh, maybe. I just figure it's one of those things I couldn't really anticipate until I tried it.

Telekinesis sounds like it has easily the best drawback. People live full lives while wheelchair bound all the time, and they don't have the move-shit-with-my-mind to compensate.

ctsketch
TK - I will just use my powers to move my legs or chair

rotiart
Tk or invulnerability would make the most sense... The rest are too painful to think about wanting to go on living with the curse.

Starscream M
For those choosing TK, remember you are paralyzed waistdown...meaning you're impotent

Batman-Prime
Telepathy, I wouldn't go insane uhuh

KingD19
For those choosing TK, remember you are paralyzed waistdown...meaning you're impotent

Lots of people paralyzed from the waist down still have their peter...that's unfair.

abhilegend
No powers for me.

MF DELPH
Telepathy. You'll eventually learn how to filter the noise, and worst case scenario is you no longer go to crowded areas (concerts, nightclubs, etc) and know what's going through the head of your girlfriend, friends, family, and co-workers, so nothing would surprise you. With proper application your mack hand could be immaculate, however.

Utrigita
Tk or telepathy.

AsbestosFlaygon
Telekinesis.

Damborgson
Tk. I could move my legs or fly without the wings.

DarkSaint85
TP. Whilst yes, it would always be on, and I can 'hear' everyone's thoughts around me for a ten foot radius, guess what - I already hear everything around me. With my ears. And I haven't gone crazy yet.

Digi
No one for super speed? I'd become a meditative type to develop my patience, and then I'd essentially be living multiple lifespans.

Telepathy is also acceptable. Besides the fact that you could adapt to the extra "noise" in crowded areas, it also has the most accessible applications to making money or getting women.

This was unclear then. One does not necessarily mean the other.

Cogito
Originally posted by Digi
No one for super speed? I'd become a meditative type to develop my patience, and then I'd essentially be living multiple lifespans.

Everyone would talk in slow motion, and then I'd kill myself.

I started typing that in a very drawn out fashion, and that made me want to kill myself so I spared everyone.

Don Corleone
Telepathy. I would be so rich.

CortSether
Flight would be most useful for me in the case of a zombie apocalypse, so that.

Glorificus
Telepathy.

TK would be second choice.

Newjak
You have been granted an opportunity to get a superpower...but along with it comes certain drawbacks. If you must pick one, which would you choose?

- Invulnerability: you cannot be harmed by anything short of a tank (you have no sensation of touch)

- Super Strength: you can lift up to 100 tons (you cannot adequately control how much force you exert, ie you may crush someone's hands when going for a handshake)

- Super speed: you can move and react and think at 10x normal speed (the world is always in slo-mo to you)

- Flight: you can fly (very large feathery wings will grow out of your back that make it hard for you to walk)

- Healing factor: you heal 10x the rate of a normal person (you experience pain at 10x the intensity and duration, so you will feel pain long after the injury or sickness has healed)

- Telepathy: you can read the minds of those who are within 10 feet radius (you cannot switch it off, so you will see the thoughts of anyone near you)

- Telekinesis: you can move objects (up to 10 tons) with your mind (you are paralyzed from waistdown and stricken to a wheelchair) Damn man I like your curses.

Personally I think anyone would go insane having an unfiltered uncontrolled ability to read minds. I think it would just be sensation overload and would drive anyone crazy.

Telekinesis was possibly my choice although I hate the idea of not being able to go run on my own, but being impotent is not worth it.

Flight, you would stand out to much and become and easy target.

Super Speed, I would go insane trying to interact with the human world. Imagine waiting for a stop light 10 times as long or having a conversation where it lasts ten times longer. Also think of all the idle time you would have to basically do nothing but think.

Super Strength I would want because I would still want human interaction of some kind and I would be too scared of killing someone just by giving them a hug.

Invulnerability, would drive me crazy. No sense of touch means no sex, or being able to feel the warmth of the sun or the touch of someone you love. It would make life to empty feeling for me.

Healing Factor would be my choice. I know having ten times the pain seems like a lot but honestly how often do we get hurt, I could take it.

-Pr-
None, thanks.

Mindset
I choose the willpower of Doom.

I take all these powers and will the curses away.

Come. At. Me.

Starscream M
Originally posted by -Pr-
None, thanks. you HAVE TO pick one once you enter this thread, thems the stips!

-Pr-
you HAVE TO pick one once you enter this thread, thems the stips!

Nuh-uh.

Starscream M
Originally posted by Newjak
Damn man I like your curses.
thank you sir, I put some thought into them!

btw, remember if you choose healing, not only is the pain 10x as intense (ie a paper cut on your finger feels like your finger has been chopped off, a cold sore on your lips feels like acid on your lips...but that sensation is also there 10x as long, even after the injury has physically healed, you'll still experience pain)

Starscream M
Nuh-uh. come on Pr, be a sport and pick one...

-Pr-
come on Pr, be a sport and pick one...

None of them actually appeal to me, so no.

If you had included Cyclops' powers, then maybe.

Starscream M
None of them actually appeal to me, so no.

If you had included Cyclops' powers, then maybe. I actually had cyke's powers in the initial draft...

Parmaniac
Add: You get Cyclops powers but you're blind

Mindset
Originally posted by Parmaniac
Add: You get Cyclop's powers, but you have to suck guys off.

Nietzschean
Originally posted by KingD19
I might choose TK. Just practice until I'm good enough to subconsciously "walk" by manipulating my legs. no sex O_o"

Parmaniac
Shouldn't you add a curse for Pr to make the decision hard?

Mindset
That's a good point, it's pretty much tailor made for his enjoyment. mmm

Mshinu
Telepathy, yes the drawback is considerable but can be managed. People are annoying, so what.

Newjak
thank you sir, I put some thought into them!

btw, remember if you choose healing, not only is the pain 10x as intense (ie a paper cut on your finger feels like your finger has been chopped off, a cold sore on your lips feels like acid on your lips...but that sensation is also there 10x as long, even after the injury has physically healed, you'll still experience pain) I know but once again I'm ok with that. I've always had a decently high threshold of pain.

Plus I don't plan on getting hurt everyday.

I do have some questions though, you say you heal ten times faster than a human, but if something would normally kill you as a human would your healing factor be able to stop!, Like if I got somewhere vital other than the brain would I still die just like a normal human would or is there I chance I would heal from it?

Flyattractor
Telepathy and the get rich scheme.
Cause when I was rich enough I can buy someplace to live and not have to put up with anybody.

Starscream M

I do have some questions though, you say you heal ten times faster than a human, but if something would normally kill you as a human would your healing factor be able to stop!, Like if I got somewhere vital other than the brain would I still die just like a normal human would or is there I chance I would heal from it? could you be more specific...ie provide an example

Mindset
Colombian necktie.

Newjak
could you be more specific...ie provide an example Like if I got an incurable disease would my healing factor be able to deal with it?

Or if I got shot in the chest?

Starscream M
Like if I got an incurable disease would my healing factor be able to deal with it?

Or if I got shot in the chest? if you get an incurable disease, then you wouldn't be free of it...but you'd live whereas a normal person would die...but you'd remain a carrier of the disease until a cure has been found (so you can get AIDS, but you'd suffer no symptoms)

in regards to getting shot, assuming if a normal person had emergency care immediately and could recover, then you'd do so as well and recover 10x as fast

but lets say a shotgun straightup blew your entire chest apart, then you're dead....same would be if someone decapitated you

-Pr-
Originally posted by Parmaniac
Shouldn't you add a curse for Pr to make the decision hard?

Originally posted by Mindset
That's a good point, it's pretty much tailor made for his enjoyment. mmm

Even if I was gay, i'd still have higher standards than you two.

psycho gundam
with super healing, shit like ingrown toenails would be hell on earth

zopzop
Either Invulnerability or Telekinesis. If I was forced to choose only one, it would probably be Invulnerability.

carver9
Starscream, you make some good threads buddy. I'm not voting though. Too intense.

psycho gundam
strength

phuck everyone else's hands

Endless Mike
Telepathy

carver9
Edit.

carver9
Originally posted by psycho gundam
strength

phuck everyone else's hands

laughing out loud

juggerman
I would have to choose strength.

I would keep my fingers extended during handshakes.

I would keep my arms down during hugs.

I would always have the girls on top.

basilisk
Originally posted by juggerman

Strength, so a few people get their hands crushed, so what? They probably had it coming anyway.

TP/TK would be tempting but unless you could learn to filter thoughts or walk via TP, probably not.

Maybe I'd go with healing factor and try to avoid getting hurt and carry some serious painkillers with me all the time just in case.

Hulkbuster1
My powers would be to copy all powers and turn legendary super sayian silver age world breaker optimus boy prime

Tony Stark

yes

My thoughts exactly.

Cogito

Originally posted by Tony Stark
yes

My thoughts exactly.

You'd still break everything you tried to hold or use. e.g. cups, electronics, keyboard/mouse, car steering wheel...basically anything not made of solid steel

Then other than lifting things (which you'd break while lifting), I don't see the point.

juggerman
^ it doesnt say you exert full strength at all times. You can do things to keep your strength in check somewhat like maybe moving very slowly or not gripping something. Youd have to be extremely and it wouldnt always work but im sure you could get the hang of it. If you lifted something with your palms flat you wouldnt crush it

Cogito
^ it doesnt say you exert full strength at all times. You can do things to keep your strength in check somewhat like maybe moving very slowly or not gripping something. Youd have to be extremely and it wouldnt always work but im sure you could get the hang of it. If you lifted something with your palms flat you wouldnt crush it
- Super Strength: you can lift up to 100 tons (you cannot adequately control how much force you exert

Just reading from the OP.

While he specifically mentions the inability to control grip strength, logically one would be unable to control downward pressure exerted (e.g. typing on a keyboard, walking, etc.), pushing/pulling force (e.g. opening/closing a door), etc. etc.

Newjak
Originally posted by Cogito
Just reading from the OP.

While he specifically mentions the inability to control grip strength, logically one would be unable to control downward pressure exerted (e.g. typing on a keyboard, walking, etc.), pushing/pulling force (e.g. opening/closing a door), etc. etc. Yeah I agree with this. I think the intent of the OP was that you wouldn't be able to fully control your strength in a way that would allow you to interact with things the way you normally would before.

juggerman
Thats why i said flat handed. If your hand is flat there is no grip strength.

The walking tho is problematic. Im sure we could figure out the rest.

juggerman
They have the voice controlled computer now so maybe you wouldnt need to type or touch it all that much.

Plus maybe you get an assistant to open/close and push/pull things for you. Would be tough but i sure you could make alot of money being super strong

juggerman
Get a scooter to ride around in lol

Newjak
Get a scooter to ride around in lol You would break the scooter every time you tried to turn or make it go fast stick out tongue

juggerman
BOOOOOOOO

lilshogun
If I have TK, does that mean I will lose all sensation from waist down?

Newjak
Originally posted by lilshogun
If I have TK, does that mean I will lose all sensation from waist down? That seems to be the case, you'll also be impotent

lilshogun
I will go with HF. What if I get a paper cut?

dmills
Healing factor. Everything else would drive you insane.

Yeah I agree with this. I think the intent of the OP was that you wouldn't be able to fully control your strength in a way that would allow you to interact with things the way you normally would before.

Yep.

JakeTheBank
Healing factor wouldn't make you go nutso?

Paper cuts suck ass, especially inbetween fingers. Now imagine the pain and duration of that x10. God forbid you suffer an actual injury like a broken bone or torn muscles. That would likely push you into mental shock.

DarkSaint85
Hell, a good strenuous workout will leave you crippled for days...imagine getting a stitch when you run. Or stubbing your toe.

dmills
Originally posted by JakeTheBank
Healing factor wouldn't make you go nutso?

Paper cuts suck ass, especially inbetween fingers. Now imagine the pain and duration of that x10. God forbid you suffer an actual injury like a broken bone or torn muscles. That would likely push you into mental shock.

True, but its still only a moment in time. A telekinetic paraplegic? Invulnerable with zero feeling of touch? No control over your TP hearing peoples thoughts everyday? Super strength with no fine motor control? No thanks.

Cogito
Casually stub your toe and it feels like you just tried to punt a brick wall -- except that pain lasts for days or longer.

Accidentally burned your finger on the stove? Don't worry, the searing pain will only last a month or two

There's just too many sensations that we feel every day that we don't recognize as pain, but if you were to amplify them 10x, then you'd be in constant pain every moment of every day of your life.

No thank you. That's not a way to live.

JakeTheBank
Originally posted by Cogito
Casually stub your toe and it feels like you just tried to punt a brick wall -- except that pain lasts for days or longer.

Accidentally burned your finger on the stove? Don't worry, the searing pain will only last a month or two

There's just too many sensations that we feel every day that we don't recognize as pain, but if you were to amplify them 10x, then you'd be in constant pain every moment of every day of your life.

No thank you. That's not a way to live.

thumb up

JakeTheBank
Super speed is the way to go. With time, your condition becomes managable and can be exploited to your advantage.

Cogito
It's the speech problem with Super Speed that gets me.

Everything you hear would be 10x slower, which would be infuriating. Then you'd have to learn to speak 10x slower so that people could understand you.

StyleTime
Starscream may have gone a bit overboard with the drawbacks. None of these powers are really worth the struggle they bring.

I might pick telepathy, but I am banking on our minds treating it like our hearing. In a busy place, you actually hear tons of sounds constantly; however, your mind turns it into general background noise. It doesn't just overwhelm you. Eventually, you may learn to ignore the extra thoughts in a similar manner.

Colossus-Big C
superstrength, i simply wont grip when i shake hands

Starscream M
Originally posted by JakeTheBank
Super speed is the way to go. With time, your condition becomes managable and can be exploited to your advantage. really...I think the world always being in slow mo is horrible...it means you can never have a human relationship

juggerman
Does The Flash see everyone as moving slow?

lilshogun
If I have Superspeed, How is my stamina?

Starscream M
Originally posted by lilshogun
If I have Superspeed, How is my stamina? very high

juggerman
After care consideration i choose Telepathy.

I could probably learn to ignore it somewhat and if not I could just limit the amount of people around you.

Plus im sure i coul become a millionaire playing poker alone

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.