Colossus vs Hulk

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.

Reacting2
http://s4d3.turboimagehost.com/t1/11669854_17.jpg http://s4d3.turboimagehost.com/t1/11669855_18.jpg
all out demon colossus

vs

wwh

h2h brawl

StiltmanFTW
Can WWH go WB mode?

carver9
Rulk got curbed by WWH as well. I'm undecided on this one. Need to see more from this version of Colossonaut.

Hulkbuster1
laughing laughing laughing laughing rolling on floor laughing laughing ....hulk smash little man

juggerman
Colossonaut baby! Unless of course they are fighting near the Utopia pillar and Colossus quits for no good reason

carver9
Hulk and Colossonaut will be fighting soon in AVX but its Savage Hulk.

Reacting2
Originally posted by StiltmanFTW
Can WWH go WB mode? no, maybe when colossus go Trion form?

guy222
Hulk gonna kick his ass

Reacting2
Originally posted by carver9
Hulk and Colossonaut will be fighting soon in AVX but its Savage Hulk. which is a wild card, savage can go ape on you, and is the strongest one there is. savage is stronger than any hulk

Flyattractor
marvel will job the CJ to SH.
Its how marvel works.
Cause Hulk is a mediocre money pony but he is gonna be in a summerblockbuster this year and CJ isn't
So there.
Petey loses.

CosmicComet

savage? what's up with the hulk as of late? is banner back in him?

carver9
Originally posted by CosmicComet
savage? what's up with the hulk as of late? is banner back in him?

Yeah, he's back but they have him at Savage Hulk levels for some strange reason. Lol...I read a blog that Savage is suppose to curb Colossonaut but I don't trust anything coming from Google.

carver9
Originally posted by Reacting2
which is a wild card, savage can go ape on you, and is the strongest one there is. savage is stronger than any hulk

Huh? Savage Hulk is like the 5th strongest Hulk.

Hulkbuster1
Yeah, he's back but they have him at Savage Hulk levels for some strange reason. Lol...I read a blog that Savage is suppose to curb Colossonaut but I don't trust anything coming from Google. whats with the collosonuts threads lately is he new or something?

Greysen93
I gotta say Hulk, I don't think Colossus will beat him

carver9
Originally posted by Hulkbuster1
whats with the collosonuts threads lately is he new or something?

Why do you ask me questions but when I respond to them you don't even see my post. Read the last response I sent you, then I will respond to this one.

juggerman
Colossus will be winning then a orphanage will be in danger so he will let Hulk beat his a$$ for no logical reason

CosmicComet
Originally posted by juggerman
Colossus will be winning then a orphanage will be in danger so he will let Hulk beat his a$$ for no logical reason

i lol'd

StiltmanFTW

Where did you get this info? Don't tell me it's from Big C...

dmills
Why do you ask me questions but when I respond to them you don't even see my post. Read the last response I sent you, then I will respond to this one.

Carter, could you please come back to the hydro vs hulk thread?

carver9
I'm done here.

-K-M-
Originally posted by StiltmanFTW
Where did you get this info? Don't tell me it's from Big C...

Yep it's true, I will try to find the source. Going down in issue #5

EDIT:

http://img607.imageshack.us/img607/1518/gotelection.jpg
------
The first inquiry was indicative of the type of details most fans want to know: will Hulk and Juggernaut fight?

Fraction responded, "Yes, in issue #5."

Brubaker mentioned that issues one through five, which he termed "'AvX's' first act," would normally be considered an entire event by most readers, and the remaining issues would be two years' worth of stories for most publishers. Fraction added that issue five is so big, it feels like an ending, but it's not -- "There's seven more issues after that."

Fraction followed up, saying, "In issue #6, Hickman has written Colossus as you've never seen him before."

Hulkbuster1
I'm done here. Well might be my internet connection but scans didnt go through I read your response on my hulk rants and Hulk has impressive feats from what I heard but Imo he is way overated. Also i go on other site like utube besides here thats why I didn't have the chance to reply sorry about that sad *virtual hug*

JakeTheBank
This is a 12 issue event? Ughhhhhhhh

Colossus-Big C
i hope colossus keeps the power forever.

zopzop
Originally posted by -K-M-
Yep it's true, I will try to find the source. Going down in issue #5

EDIT:

http://img607.imageshack.us/img607/1518/gotelection.jpg
------

LOL wrong link?!

JakeTheBank
Originally posted by Colossus-Big C
i hope colossus keeps the power forever.

Why? It's basically trashed his character.

-K-M-
Originally posted by zopzop
LOL wrong link?!

Yep, but I'm to arsed to get the mods to edit my post

Correct link:
http://www.comicbookresources.com/?page=article&id=37927

carver9
I don't think he need to keep the power but Colossus needed an upgrade a long time ago.

JakeTheBank
Why did Colossus need an upgrade?

He was fine the way he was.

-Pr-
Originally posted by JakeTheBank
Why did Colossus need an upgrade?

He was fine the way he was.

He didn't need an upgrade, he just needed to be written pretty much consistently the same way he was written by Whedon.

And if he keeps the amp, it will positively ruin the character.

JakeTheBank
I agree.

The idea that Colossus should be upgraded primarily for the sake of feats is dumb and the kind of battleboard mentality that makes comics suck.

-Pr-
I agree.

The idea that Colossus should be upgraded primarily for the sake of feats is dumb and the kind of battleboard mentality that makes comics suck.

Pretty much. And the sad thing is, at his strength level he's already capable of some pretty solid feats.

Starscream M
Originally posted by -Pr-

And if he keeps the amp, it will positively ruin the character. why would him being more powerful ruin the character?

-Pr-
Originally posted by Starscream M
why would him being more powerful ruin the character?

Because he won't be colossus anymore, he'll be a colossus/juggernaut hybrid.

JakeTheBank
Because being more powerful in of itself shouldn't be done at the expense of characterization?

There is no legitimate reason as to why Colossus should be upgraded other than to appease some of his fans who just want him to be stronger. Which isn't a good reason at all, imo.

Colossus-Big C
Why? It's basically trashed his character. he needed a character change imo, i like this half evil half good colossus, old colossus was getting boring and beat up by every guy he faced.

colossus needed a upgrade long ago, without one his comics would suck.

just look at superman when he was created he wasnt anywhere near as powerful as he is now. did all the power he got ruinined the character ? no it made it more popular

going from being "more powerful than a locomative" to being strong enough to sneezing galaxys away is the biggest power up i ever seen.

-Pr-
he needed a character change imo, i like this half evil half good colossus, old colossus was getting boring and beat up by every guy he faced.

I don't think he was boring at all, nor do I think he needed a character change; just better writers.

Because being more powerful in of itself shouldn't be done at the expense of characterization?

There is no legitimate reason as to why Colossus should be upgraded other than to appease some of his fans who just want him to be stronger. Which isn't a good reason at all, imo.

Pretty much.

Starscream M

There is no legitimate reason as to why Colossus should be upgraded other than to appease some of his fans who just want him to be stronger. Which isn't a good reason at all, imo. did you say the same when thor has received upgrades?

colossus being upgraded means he's actually more relevant and the X-Men can face more variety of foes...since now he can go against legit CL100 threats

JakeTheBank
did you say the same when thor has received upgrades?

colossus being upgraded means he's actually more relevant and the X-Men can face more variety of foes...since now he can go against legit CL100 threats

Thor being granted the Odin Force actually makes sense (key difference here) as it was his destiny to surpass Odin; the father becomes the son, the son becomes the father blah blah blah. That was the whole point of Thor: Disassembled. And now that Thor already experienced various degrees of empowerment with the Odin Force, it would be stupid for him to go back to King or Rune King Thor levels. Hell, I don't even really like current Fraction Thor; while not an upgrade per se, he's portrayed as far more aggressive and gives zero shits half the time when fighting wouldbe friends and allies. It still reeks of OOCness for me. He's been great for feats, but the stories have been less than stellar.

So, basically, Colossus should be upgraded for the sake of fights and feats and characterization be damned?

-Pr-
did you say the same when thor has received upgrades?

He's already a solid cl100. And it's not nearly the same thing.

Starscream M

So, basically, Colossus should be upgraded for the sake of fights and feats and characterization be damned? did I say that, no, don't you put goddamn words in my mouth!

how has his characterization been ruined exactly?

Colossus-Big C
He's already a solid cl100. And it's not nearly the same thing. how is it not the same thing? thor is already solid class 100 himself. confused

Starscream M
He's already a solid cl100. And it's not nearly the same thing. he's basically at the lowest end of the CL100 spectrum, along with thing

just look at how he is regarded on kmc in debates, he is bottom rung CL100 class and gets no respect

Colossus-Big C

So, basically, Colossus should be upgraded for the sake of fights and feats and characterization be damned? No.
colossus should be upgrade simply because its more intresting. this is the very reason they upgraded him, and it shows in sales
new colossus=more popular /more sales
its that simple.

JakeTheBank
did I say that, no, don't you put goddamn words in my mouth!

how has his characterization been ruined exactly?

laughing out loud

Too easy to respond to that one.

He's the willing host/champion/whatever to a demonic elder god?

It's Colossus...as the Juggernaut. no expression

Better question is how has his characterization not been tarnished.

-Pr-
how is it not the same thing? thor is already solid class 100 himself. confused

because when someone like thor gets an upgrade, it's done for a genuine reason. not like Colossus, which was just a stunt.

he's basically at the lowest end of the CL100 spectrum, along with thing

just look at how he is regarded on kmc in debates, he is bottom rung CL100 class and gets no respect

That's the idiocy of comic readers, not the character's fault.

Look at Aquaman, for example.

No.
colossus should be upgrade simply because its more intresting. this is the very reason they upgraded him, and it shows in sales
new colossus=more popular /more sales
its that simple.

Interesting how? You're not making a lick of sense.

laughing out loud

Better question is how has his characterization not been tarnished.

His characterisation has shifted considerably. I don't know how people aren't seeing that.

JakeTheBank
how is it not the same thing? thor is already solid class 100 himself. confused

Colossus getting an amp by becoming a willing servant to Cytorrak is COMPLETELY different from Thor gaining powers from a source of energy which was always intended to be passed down to him by his father.

I shouldn't have to explain the mass difference in strength between the two.

Starscream M
laughing out loud

Better question is how has his characterization not been tarnished. he's host because it gives him more powers, and better him than a villain have that power, no? in essence, his motivation for being juggernaut is very heroic, so I see no problems with the characterization

-Pr-
he's host because it gives him more powers, and better him than a villain have that power, no? in essence, his motivation for being juggernaut is very heroic, so I see no problems with the characterization

it was a regression in his character. a pretty hefty one.

Colossus-Big C
bottom line, new colossus is increasing sales, The End.

-Pr-
bottom line, new colossus is increasing sales, The End.

It's a gimmick, that's all.

Increasing sales doesn't make the comic any less the horror that it is at times.

JakeTheBank
facepalm

KMC y u no make sense?

Colossus-Big C
it was a improvement in his character. a pretty good one. fixed

Badabing
We need Carter9 in here to sort things out.

-Pr-
fixed

Not really. You should try to make some sense.

carver9
I don't know about the Juggernaut amp (even though I like the idea) but Colossus needed an upgrade. He is the powerhouse of the team, why not increase his strength?

-Pr-
I don't know about the Juggernaut amp (even though I like the idea) but Colossus needed an upgrade. He is the powerhouse of the team, why not increase his strength?

Because if it's good enough for Ben Grimm, it should be good enough for Colossus.

Badabing
Originally posted by Badabing
We need Carter9 in here to sort things out. Originally posted by carter9
I don't know about the Juggernaut amp (even though I like the idea) but Colossus needed an upgrade. He is the powerhouse of the team, why not increase his strength? biscuits

Colossus-Big C
It's a gimmick, that's all.

Increasing sales doesn't make the comic any less the horror that it is at times. thats your opinion. cleary more people buy it because the majority of people like it.

carver9
Originally posted by Badabing
We need Carter9 in here to sort things out.

OMG. OM FREAKING GOODNESS.

JakeTheBank

Are you telling me you honestly cannot see the problem in just randomly upgrading a character just because?

-Pr-
thats your opinion. cleary more people buy it because the majority of people like it.

Millions of people also buy Bieber albums. What's your point?

JakeTheBank
OMG. OM FREAKING GOODNESS.

2Oy6DwHAi70

Badabing
OMG. OM FREAKING GOODNESS. laughing out loud

psycho gundam
2Oy6DwHAi70 thumb up

troll god

Starscream M
Are you telling me you honestly cannot see the problem in just randomly upgrading a character just because? what do you mean random? its not like colossus just woke up and was stronger one day...it was part of a major story arc

JakeTheBank
Also lol @ thinking Colossus/Juggernaut is the sole reason why people buy Uncanny X-Men.

Colossus-Big C
Because if it's good enough for Ben Grimm, it should be good enough for Colossus. That makes no sense, by your logic superman should be as strong as batman because its good enough for batman.

Starscream M
Millions of people also buy Bieber albums. What's your point? he's a talented singer?

Colossus-Big C
Also lol @ thinking Colossus/Juggernaut is the sole reason why people buy Uncanny X-Men. its the sole reason why i buy it.

Starscream M
Also lol @ thinking Colossus/Juggernaut is the sole reason why people buy Uncanny X-Men. you'd be surprised jake

a few years back when I would buy comics periodically (think onslaught saga), seeing juggernaut on the cover was a major draw...in fact, I could think of no other character that would entice me to buy an X-comic as much as juggernaut

Colossus-Big C
Are you telling me you honestly cannot see the problem in just randomly upgrading a character just because? it wasnt random, he did it to save his sisters life and stop kuurth in fear itself

psycho gundam
bottom line, new colossus is increasing sales, The End. i lol'd

dmills
Originally posted by carter9

Oh here you are! What are we discussing?!

JakeTheBank
its the sole reason why i buy it.

http://2.bp.blogspot.com/-nmfBE3nsIQg/T4YRobx1LgI/AAAAAAAAA7Q/Zx_qqH5ARFY/s1600/jerry-seinfield-getting-up.gif

you'd be surprised jake

a few years back when I would buy comics periodically (think onslaught saga), seeing juggernaut on the cover was a major draw...in fact, I could think of no other character that would entice me to buy an X-comic as much as juggernaut

I buy Uncanny X-Men and I could give two shits about Colossal Jugger Piotr. And I know other people buy UXM and he's not the primary draw for the book. Hell, some people are so off put by the change, they don't even bother with it.

-Pr-
That makes no sense, by your logic superman should be as strong as batman because its good enough for batman.

Nope. Try again.

he's a talented singer?

Oh gawd...

its the sole reason why i buy it.

No shit. You really think we didn't all know that?

Colossus-Big C
http://2.bp.blogspot.com/-nmfBE3nsIQg/T4YRobx1LgI/AAAAAAAAA7Q/Zx_qqH5ARFY/s1600/jerry-seinfield-getting-up.gif

I buy Uncanny X-Men and I could give two shits about Colossal Jugger Piotr. And I know other people buy UXM and he's not the primary draw for the book. Hell, some people are so off put by the change, they don't even bother with it. i dont give a shit about anyone except colossus/juggernaut.

guy222
what did the old guy miss confused

hulk for the win

Starscream M

I buy Uncanny X-Men and I could give two shits about Colossal Jugger Piotr. And I know other people buy UXM and he's not the primary draw for the book. Hell, some people are so off put by the change, they don't even bother with it. its prob a much bigger draw for the casual fan who doesn't follow the storylines as closely

I've always wondered why juggernaut doesn't get more facetime, he's one of my fav villains

Starscream M

Oh gawd...
oh i forgot the memo, its 'cool' to hate bieber, right? erm

JakeTheBank
i dont give a shit about anyone except colossus/juggernaut.

And if you want to honestly think Colossus/Juggernaut are the reason why UXM sales have increased - if they've even increased substantially at all prior to that amp - knock yourself out.

psycho gundam
colossus is definitely taking a back-seat to the new power he has now, but i don't claim to be a colossus fan so it's not breaking the comic imo.

last time i focused on him he died of the legacy virus. i don't even know how he's even in the comics atm, let alone why he was chosen to rock the juggernaut power. *shrug*

-Pr-
oh i forgot the memo, its 'cool' to hate bieber, right? erm

No; don't be so retarded. You're better than that.

JakeTheBank
its prob a much bigger draw for the casual fan who doesn't follow the storylines as closely

I've always wondered why juggernaut doesn't get more facetime, he's one of my fav villains

A casual fan wouldn't care if they didn't really know much about either Colossus or Juggernaut.

Probably because he's fairly one dimensional as an X-Men villains goes.

Starscream M
Originally posted by psycho gundam

last time i focused on him he died of the legacy virus. i don't even know how he's even in the comics atm, let alone why he was chosen to rock the juggernaut power. *shrug* he actually saw it as a curse, but he chose it so his teammate wouldn't have to...so it was very 'colossus-like'...hence Im not getting why jake thinks it odd he agreed to be juggernaut

Starscream M

Probably because he's fairly one dimensional as an X-Men villains goes. he's not that one dimensional

his backstory with xavier gives him a rich motivation, and his powers (not being mutant but mystic) is damn unique and cool

and the fact that he herbs thor doesn't hurt either stick out tongue

-Pr-
he actually saw it as a curse, but he chose it so his teammate wouldn't have to...so it was very 'colossus-like'...hence Im not getting why jake thinks it odd he agreed to be juggernaut

if you knew colossus at all, you'd realise how that makes no sense.

Colossus-Big C
A casual fan wouldn't care if they didn't really know much about either Colossus or Juggernaut.

Probably because he's fairly one dimensional as an X-Men villains goes. juggernaut has a wide range of powers from flight, energy blast, superspeed that he doesnt know how to use

Starscream M
if you knew colossus at all, you'd realise how that makes no sense. explain why that wouldn't make sense? is colossus not a self-less hero willing to sacrifice himself to save others?

JakeTheBank
he's not that one dimensional

his backstory with xavier gives him a rich motivation, and his powers (not being mutant but mystic) is damn unique and cool

and the fact that he herbs thor doesn't hurt either stick out tongue

He's not as fleshed out as Magneto, Mr. Sinister, Apocalypse, a bunch of various Logan villains, the Hellfire Club, or other characters. His back story rarely gets brought up anymore unless he's in an Xavier specific arc and half the time he's basically just a brute for hire.

JakeTheBank
juggernaut has a wide range of powers from flight, energy blast, superspeed that he doesnt know how to use

When's the last time he did any of that crap? Back in the day Juggernaut knew some sorcery but its hardly relevant now.

Also having multiple powers =/= not being a one dimensional character.

-Pr-
explain why that wouldn't make sense? is colossus not a self-less hero willing to sacrifice himself to save others?

He was... Ten years ago. You're using an outdated idea of the character. He's still loyal, but he's not nearly the naive idiot he once was. Not since his return. Some writers just seem to forget that.

Starscream M
He was... Ten years ago. You're using an outdated idea of the character. He's still loyal, but he's not nearly the naive idiot he once was. Not since his return. Some writers just seem to forget that. how does him being juggernaut make him a naive idiot? would it have been better choice for him to let kitty be juggernaut?

psycho gundam
he's not that one dimensional

and the fact that he herbs thor doesn't hurt either stick out tongue no, juggernaut/cain is just a brute

he was the perfect obstacle for the x-men back in the day (a prejudice human that had a beef with xavier, and had the power to withstand simply getting his brain rewired right off the bat, though with teamwork the x-men can get rid of him till the next time the series needs that mid-boss fight after a lull), but over the years he never really got any depth or signs of innovation.

i found it kinda funny when hulk did juggernaut's job far more casually than he did in the WWH tie-in, and then when classic juggernaut actually made his re-appearance to face the guy who replaced his only role in comics, he was tossed out like trash, then later hulk's own what...6 month-2 year old son owned him.

the juggernaut character needed an enema

-Pr-
how does him being juggernaut make him a naive idiot? would it have been better choice for him to let kitty be juggernaut?

Irrelevant, as Kitty wasn't in danger of becoming it iirc.

Colossus-Big C
He was... Ten years ago. You're using an outdated idea of the character. He's still loyal, but he's not nearly the naive idiot he once was. Not since his return. Some writers just seem to forget that. you just proved my point, character change is good.

JakeTheBank
no, juggernaut/cain is just a brute

he was the perfect foil for the x-men back in the day (a prejudice human that had a beef with xavier, and had the power to withstand simply getting his brain rewired right off the bat, though with teamwork the x-men can get rid of him till the next time the series needs that mid-boss fight after a lull), but over the years he never really got any depth or signs of innovation.

i found it kinda funny when hulk did juggernaut's job far more casually than he did in the WWH tie-in, and then when classic juggernaut actually made his re-appearance to face the guy who replaced his only role in comics, he was tossed out like trash, then later hulk's own what...6 month-2 year old son owned him.

the juggernaut character needed an enima

Pretty much.

There's no shame in liking Juggernaut, but accept him for who and what he is as a character.

-Pr-
you just proved my point, character change is good.

No, I didn't, as change for the sake of change isn't good.

Growth is good... And all he's done as Juggernaut is grow in power.

Let's not pretend you actually care about his characterisation. erm

Starscream M
no, juggernaut/cain is just a brute

he was the perfect obstacle for the x-men back in the day (a prejudice human that had a beef with xavier, and had the power to withstand simply getting his brain rewired right off the bat, though with teamwork the x-men can get rid of him till the next time the series needs that mid-boss fight after a lull), but over the years he never really got any depth or signs of innovation.

the juggernaut character needed an enema classic juggernaut was awesome...when he was truly godlike

onslaught ruined the character...it made juggernaut vulnerable and mortal...and he's never truly recovered

juggy used to be a cocky bully, and I loved that character...after onslaught, he became a dopey emo loser

psycho gundam
you'd be hard-pressed to find a definitive juggernaut moment, let alone an arc that can be labeled as "essential juggernaut" (meaning good juggernaut material that displays the merit of the character)

the cartoon is all he really has, even gladiator has more than just that.

nwg202
Well, here is my two cents, Regular Colossus wouldn't have a spot on the Extinction team. He simply lacked the power to make that roster. You have people like Hope, Magik and Magneto operating on the same team.

Namor, Emma or Storm are probably the weakest people on that roster. ( Scott is the leader, so he gets a pass) You can argue that Namor and Danger are just as strong as regular Colossus plus they can do all sorts of other things. ( especially danger) The only way you can be the main brick for a team like this is if you become a hulk, juggernaut level type individual.

If regular Colossus was on the e-team, I am sure a lot of people would call him out and say he is a useless addition and there are a lot of powerful mutants you can add in. You already have two cl 100 strength wise characters in the roster who can do so much more.

vansonbee
Why? It's basically trashed his character. No kitty, no story!

nwg202
classic juggernaut was awesome...when he was truly godlike

onslaught ruined the character...it made juggernaut vulnerable and mortal...and he's never truly recovered

juggy used to be a cocky bully, and I loved that character...after onslaught, he became a dopey emo loser

You can't do a lot of stories on someone who cant get hurt by anything. Especially someone in a monthly title who is a hero. People thinking Colossus will never get hurt are dreaming. That's why they had to depower Cain when he turned good. What kind of stories can you write if you can't get hurt? He gets mind raped or bfr'ed in every issue? That will get old really fast.

Superman gets hurt, Thor gets hurt, silver surfer gets hurt, Hulk gets hurt.

Anyone who expects Colossus to just keep walking and tanking everything in every issue being a hero and being on a team book is crazy. Besides classic Cain has displayed moments of feeling pain. People just tend to play that godblast and forcefield thing all the time. I am pretty sure i can find scans of Cain grunting in pain...WWhulk was able to damage his helmet despite being "fully powered"

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.