Teenage Mutant Ninja Turtles (2014)

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.

steverules_2
So I heard today...the Teenage mutant ninja turtles...aren't going to be mutants, they are going to be aliens...so they're taking a piss on TMNT history basically, worst idea ever imo

the ninjak
The Bayforce claims another victim. And the collective subconscious gets even dumber.

steverules_2
Michael Bay is indeed involved...what a shock no expression Tbh this screams Bay anyways, he told fans to calm down but he's being an ass with this move.

Patient_Leech
Could you trouble yourself to provide links? Cuz I have no idea what you're talking about..

steverules_2
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Ninja_Turtles_(film)

Myth
I believe I also heard they won't be teenagers neither. The movie will be called "Ninja Turtles" last I heard.

Myth
Btw, this made for TV Ninja Turtles animated movie has the best storyline of any TMNT related thing I have seen: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=WKWVLmDWYm8

steverules_2
Originally posted by Myth
I believe I also heard they won't be teenagers neither. The movie will be called "Ninja Turtles" last I heard.

Isn't that a myth? awesome

super pr*xy
f*ck michael bay.. he sustains his life force with every childhood he destroys..

Robtard
-Fan criticism has included comments from Robbie Rist, the voice of Michelangelo from the original movie series, that Bay is "sodomizing" the original movies and causing "the rape of childhood memories."

Hahahahahaahhahahaa

steverules_2
Sounds pretty accurate

jinXed by JaNx
i actually think the idea of explaining the turtles creation as the result of an accident or experiment from an alien species is a great idea. It's certainly better than the original origin story.

Scarlet Fox
I heard something about a New TMNT movie coming out but they are saying they are not Mutants but Aliens. Is this true or is it a Rumor?

Robtard
There's a thread in here already.

But supposedly yes, that idea is still being used and leaks of the script paint us a travesty in the making.

BruceSkywalker
this sounds horrible, but if it has loads of martial arts action i might like

Esau Cairn
Hopefully some wire-fu... to leap over the plot holes.

Scarlet Fox
Originally posted by Robtard
There's a thread in here already.

But supposedly yes, that idea is still being used and leaks of the script paint us a travesty in the making.
Sry I didnt know. I tried searching for TMNT Aliens but it just popped up with Aliens the movie and a few posts of Turtles.. May have done it wrong.
Originally posted by BruceSkywalker
this sounds horrible, but if it has loads of martial arts action i might like
I dout even awesome Special Effects could make up for them not being Mutants anymore.
Originally posted by Esau Cairn
YAY Word Play!

Major_Lexington
sounds so bad.

rudester
^ I agree the whole point of them being aliens is ridiculous, it might as well be another movie...

Scarlet Fox
If they do end up making them Aliens I will have to look at it as a whole nother concept before I could even enjoy it in the slightest.

Kazenji
Originally posted by Scarlet Fox

I dout even awesome Special Effects could make up for them not being Mutants anymore.
!

Well they're still mutants since its based on comics.

its just some new thing they're trying out for a movie

BruceSkywalker

its possible, yea

lolol.. there is no such thing as a plot hole

Esau Cairn
Originally posted by BruceSkywalker

lolol.. there is no such thing as a plot hole

You obviously haven't seen TDKR wink stick out tongue wink

BruceSkywalker
You obviously haven't seen TDKR wink stick out tongue wink

there aren't any in there either laughing out loud even if so, no one cared stick out tongue laughing laughing laughing

Robtard
Sry I didnt know. I tried searching for TMNT Aliens but it just popped up with Aliens the movie and a few posts of Turtles.. May have done it wrong.

No need to apologize, I'm not upset and the search function isn't perfect. Was just letting you know if you wanted to look for it and read up some more

Kazenji
Might as well make this the thread for the upcoming TMNT movie

from last month, Megan Fox to be April

http://www.comicbookmovie.com/fansites/JoshWildingNewsAndReviews/news/?a=74603

Co-Creator Peter Laird isn't thrilled about this movie after this casting

http://www.slashfilm.com/teenage-mutant-ninja-turtles-co-creator-peter-laird-comments-on-megan-foxs-casting/

meanwhile Kevin Eastman is bit more optimistic

http://www.comicbookmovie.com/fansites/rorreviews/news/?a=75767

Tzeentch._
It's really interesting to me that Bay casted Megan Fox in this, not because of the movie (It's TMNT so I don't give a shit, they could cast Samuel L. Jackson as one of the turtles and I wouldn't care), but that he'd cast her in anything at all, considering she called him like, Director Hitler. lol

I wonder how intense of a blow-job she had to give him in order for him to forgive her and give her a job. Her career's been non-existent ever since that DC movie she was in and that horror-comedy bombed.

Kazenji
Michael Bay isn't directing it he's only producing it.

Tzeentch._
Considering his status, though, I imagine he has a huge amount of influence in the film. If he said not to hire her, she probably wouldn't have gotten hired.

Kazenji
I guessed they kissed (Gave a Blow job) and made up after they had a feud during the press tour of the second Transformers movie.

Esau Cairn
Laird & Eastman created TMNT as a very dark & serious comic when it 1st came out in 1984. The underlining feeling to the comics was the fact that the 4 turtles were becoming teenagers & realising that they were mutants (freaks) alone in the world. There was no female counterparts so they couldn't have a relationship, much less have offspring or "settle down".
Then the cartoons came & everything was camped up, the turtles were simply always having fun & adventure, there was no underlining darker tones regarding their bleak future.

I'm just wondering what most people prefer...a movie that's slightly darker & more serious or one that's family friendly to watch?

Kazenji
I personally have never read the comics

i pretty much grew up on that 80's cartoon.

Esau Cairn
Even the very 1st movie hinted at a serious tone but I guess making them mainstream & marketable with merchandise meant toning down to a kid friendly version.

Tzeentch._
That sounds rather silly, considering they're anthropomorphic turtles.

Which is probably why it got toned down, thinking about it.

Plus, it is indeed a goldmine to market to children.

Sadako of Girth
The graphic novels were violent bloody and more adult than the kidfriendly "hero" turtles cartoon and and the movies on which they were based...

Why is this being referred to here as TMNT when there is no M in it - technically being TANT now?

Kazenji
The opening post by Scarlet Fox was wondering why are they aliens instead of mutants

They're only aliens for this new movie

like to know why Kevin Eastman is being optimistic about this movie.

Esau Cairn
Originally posted by Tzeentch._
That sounds rather silly, considering they're anthropomorphic turtles.

Yes, exactly, the turtles were given human personalities, to be more precise, teenagers at that. They were dealing in issues of adolescence without parental guidance & also coming to the terms that they would never experience having a partner (girlfriend), much less be able to reproduce.
The older they got brought anguish knowing they were the last of their "species".

jinXed by JaNx
if the ooze came from space that would be fine with me. either way i want to chill on a turtle planet for a bit. that shit would be nuts

BruceSkywalker
Just show Megan Fox nude that'll get people from thinking about the turtles being aliens laughing out loud which isn't all that of a surprise considering aliens from other worlds are easy to do.. said it before will so again, the "alien" aspect won't bother me as long as i get a good story and great martial arts action

Flyattractor
This movie will be made/ It will be Bayformers Bad,and will make millions because stupid little kids will go see it.

Kazenji
No longer aliens....its back to the ooze now

http://www.superherohype.com/news/articles/176505-michael-bay-updates-on-transformers-4-and-teenage-mutant-ninja-turtles

BruceSkywalker
Originally posted by Kazenji

http://www.superherohype.com/news/articles/176505-michael-bay-updates-on-transformers-4-and-teenage-mutant-ninja-turtles

mad i was gonna post this.. big grin

Ridley_Prime
Well that's kinda good to hear... Guess I'll be looking forward to big pizzas and explosions a little more now.

BruceSkywalker
Originally posted by Ridley_Prime
Well that's kinda good to hear... Guess I'll be looking forward to big pizzas and explosions a little more now.

maybe he will combine the two and have several pizzas explode big grin

Kazenji
Megan Fox as April O'Neil

http://www.geeksofdoom.com/2013/05/09/more-images-of-megan-fox-as-april-oneil-in-ninja-turtles-arrive-this-time-wearing-a-little-yellow

Pre CGI turtles

http://www.superherohype.com/news/articles/176811-first-look-at-the-pre-cgi-turtles-in-teenage-mutant-ninja-turtles

super pr*xy
Megan Fox as April O'Neil

http://www.geeksofdoom.com/2013/05/09/more-images-of-megan-fox-as-april-oneil-in-ninja-turtles-arrive-this-time-wearing-a-little-yellow

you can't tell me that is not nice to look at.. that's a direct deposit in the spank bank..

Ridley_Prime
Wow, and I made a joke about Megan Fox playing April at some point earlier too. It's actually happening?

@ Bruce: lol, yeah.

Tzeentch._
I wonder if she's gotten any less stuck-up now that she's nearly ****ed her career.

Impediment
Filming began March 22, 2013 in Tupper Lake, New York. Shooting began in April in New York City and at Jones Beach State Park in Wantagh on Long Island, New York under the code words "four squared" (4SQ). On April 20, 2013, the film was renamed as Teenage Mutant Ninja Turtles. On April 29, 2013, Michael Bay retracted comments that the turtles will be aliens. Early set photos were made public showing the turtles' actors in black and grey motion capture suits, complete with life-sized turtle shells, with each actor wearing arm bands and accents of their corresponding turtle's signature color.

Impediment
So....William Fichtner is going to be Oroku Saki aka The Shredder in the upcoming Teenage Mutant Ninja Turtles movie.

A white actor....portraying a Japanese assassin. no expression

At least Michael F*cking Bay decided not to make the turtles "aliens from another dimension".

I'm simultaneously excited and scared for this film.

Impediment
In mid February 2013, actress Megan Fox had been reported to be cast as April. To get the role, Fox had to personally apologize to Bay for the comments she made in a interview with Wonderland magazine, comparing him to Hitler, and then quitting Transformers: Dark of the Moon prior to filming.

BruceSkywalker
Originally posted by Impediment
So....William Fichtner is going to be Oroku Saki aka The Shredder in the upcoming Teenage Mutant Ninja Turtles movie.

A white actor....portraying a Japanese assassin. no expression

At least Michael F*cking Bay decided not to make the turtles "aliens from another dimension".

I'm simultaneously excited and scared for this film.

horrible casting.. unless is Bay is lying

In mid February 2013, actress Megan Fox had been reported to be cast as April. To get the role, Fox had to personally apologize to Bay for the comments she made in a interview with Wonderland magazine, comparing him to Hitler, and then quitting Transformers: Dark of the Moon prior to filming.

lmao

Kazenji
Read about some early impressions from some people who got let onto the set and everything was positive

then again how much TMNT related stuff do those people know.

shyambabu

Kazenji
First images of their sewer lair

http://www.comicvine.com/articles/first-images-of-the-sewer-lair-from-the-teenage-mu/1100-147291/

jinXed by JaNx
Has filming begun yet? If so i'm a little worried that the origins was changed. Kind of suggests to me that they may just be making the script up as they go.

Kazenji
Pretty sure that they are still mutants for this movie

not exactly excited about this movie, With Jonathan Liebesman directing it who's previous movies include Battle: Los Angeles & Wrath of the Titans.

flipperflip
Sounds horrible, but I still hope he pulls it off so that TMNT can finally make a comeback and we can see them more in the near future. Megan Fox is in the movie according to here here

Firefly218
Still don't understand why Bay and Fox were hired

jinXed by JaNx
Yeah, I don't know. I guess I really don't care. I just want to see giant turtles on screen again.

BlackZero30x

If only they replaced Megan Fox and actually cast a Japanese actor for shredder everything would be much better lol

flipperflip
Here's a costume that just came out.. supposed to be the new look of the turtles in the upcoming movie. pretty bad! confused

http://www.teenagemutantninjaturtles.com/blog/costume-reveals-the-first-looks-of-the-movie-turtles/

jinXed by JaNx
I doubt the turtles will look as good as the effects in the original movie but i'm sure they will look fine. That costume looks stupid but so do all cheap dime store Halloween costumes.

Kazenji
First look at shredder

http://www.comicbookmovie.com/fansites/Edwardo2K14/news/?a=93604

also if you look in the comments, Someone posted a picture of Leonardo.

Esau Cairn
Looks like some of the turtle action will be with miniature sets & animatronics.
Better than cgi IMO.

ares834
Actually look pretty cool.

BlackZero30x
they don't look bad but they over did the muscles on raph imo.

BlackZero30x
Leo

BlackZero30x
Donnie!

Kazenji
Ralph's been taking steroids.

steverules_2
Shredder pic got removed

Kazenji
**** the studio

i'm sure there's another one floating around

i found one, Someone posted it in the off topic in the comic book verses

http://www.moviepilot.de/files/images/article/file/10973243/Shredder_-_Design.jpg

steverules_2
Ah cool thanks, shredder actually looks awesome...I have some hope for this yet

Kazenji
The designs look good

but i'll wait to see what the critics say about it, Since it has Jonathan liebesman (Battle L.A. , Wrath of the titans) directing it.

Kazenji
Also i found this regarding the leaked Shredder images

SCOOP: Leaked Shredder Image Hiding Another Villain In Plain Sight

http://www.comicbookmovie.com/fansites/nailbiter111/news/?a=93667

BruceSkywalker
Also i found this regarding the leaked Shredder images

SCOOP: Leaked Shredder Image Hiding Another Villain In Plain Sight

http://www.comicbookmovie.com/fansites/nailbiter111/news/?a=93667

if that is actually true then this film has hope

jinXed by JaNx
Originally posted by BlackZero30x
Leo

That Pic of Leo Looks grand. I couldn't think of a better representation. If that's what they're going to look like, i'm excited about this project. I just hope the story matches the depth of the action we know Bay is capable of.

Impediment
If Krang is in this picture, then it's already dead in the water.

Lord Andres
It has William Fichtner. So therefore it will succeed smile ALEX MAHONE! big grin

Kazenji
If Krang is in this picture, then it's already dead in the water.

What's bad about Krang?

Valen007
Turtles look great in the trailer, will look forward to the movie itself. I recall the old Nintendo "Turtles" , used to be one of my favorite games on the console.

Kazenji
What would be the trailer that you've seen?.

Kazenji
Teaser trailer Description/Reactions From CinemaCon

http://www.comicbookmovie.com/fansites/notyetamovie/news/?a=96712

blink blink

Esau Cairn
"Babies with penis heads."

I guess there's a market for that. yes

sarahgood
at least the turtles are also gonna be CG! wait...

ares834
wRipBOQl95o

laughing out loud

This looks so god damned awful.

ShadowFyre
What's horrible about it?

KingD19
They could have at least gotten a past iteration of Turtle voice actors to provide the voices.

ShadowFyre
After two tours and 7 IED explosions I can promise, watching Donny sling Ralph and absolutely decimate that up armored hummer means these Turtles are going to be the most physically imposing ever. I know a lot of people dislike Michael Bay and Megan Fox but I love his action scenes and I think this will be an enjoyable movie.

marwash22
after 3 viewings of the trailer, I'm not sure what to think. I'm not excited or turned off. Maybe I'll be swayed in either direction when the full length trailer drops.

meh.

Robtard
Have little to zero hope for this. Still will watch it, cos of nostalgia.

ShadowFyre
Just out of curiosity rob. What makes you not like it?

Robtard
Looks like G.I Joe level nonsense.

Michael Bay is generally a shit director.

I do like that they're being portrayed aa superhuman-level, but I don't see that as saving the film alone.

ShadowFyre
No. But after the first transformers I started just going to watch his movies for the action ( and high, that really helps lol). Do you think it would be better if done in the style like Nolan's batman? Like the original turtle comics? That would be pretty good I think.

Robtard
TMNT and "reality" would proabbly be bad. But it would depend on the writer/director; I'd keep an open mind until I saw the trailer.

While I do enjoy an action flick, it still has to be a good action flick. GI Joe was an action flick, but it failed on every single level; the second GI Jor flick upped the fail by a factor of 7.

ShadowFyre
Yeah... The joes were pretty bad.

Patient_Leech
Omg, this looks like a train wreck coupled with the Hindenburg... epic fail.

Impediment
G.I. Joe was shit.

This actually looks like it will be good, despite a white man portraying a character who is originally a Japanese assassin.

Kazenji

Michael Bay is generally a shit director.

He's not directing it

Its Jonathan Liebesman that's doing it, previous work is Battle: Los Angeles & Wrath Of The Titans

as for the movie itself going by that trailer, I'm not really liking the change to their origin apart from that it looks alright.

jinXed by JaNx
Trailer looks interesting. I like the design of the turtles but the CGI and casting decisions do kind of worry me a bit now. However, I'll wait until I see more. From watching that trailer I'm reminded of one of the reasons why movies like, Transformers and GI joe failed so much for me. I don't think you can combine flashy with gritty, at least not entirely. The styles clash too much.

Still very interested

BruceSkywalker
this looks..... decent..

the only that might save it will be if megan fox is completely nude from beginning to end

ShadowFyre
I guess something is wrong with me. Despite shredder, I am looking forward to this movie. But I also liked all of the transformers. I guess I'm just not much of a critic when it comes to movies like this.

Robtard
He's not directing it

Its Jonathan Liebesman that's doing it, previous work is Battle: Los Angeles & Wrath Of The Titans

as for the movie itself going by that trailer, I'm not really liking the change to their origin apart from that it looks alright.

Well **** me, that trailer was like a Michael Bay film trailer. Why I thought.

Battle was alright. Wrath was garbage. I did somewhat like his "Killing Room"

Kazenji
If the film does end up being terrible, I can see Kevin Eastman and Peter Laird pulling a Akira Toriyama trying to make out the movie is good

i hope that they're smarter then that.

emporerpants
The movie looks good. Seriously, if Bay's name wasn't attached at all, 90% of the people complaining would think this was the greatest thing ever. Pre-conceived notions for the win it seems.

Patient_Leech
Originally posted by emporerpants
The movie looks good. Seriously, if Bay's name wasn't attached at all, 90% of the people complaining would think this was the greatest thing ever. Pre-conceived notions for the win it seems.
Yeah, the only thing The Dark Knight was missing was CGI ninja turtles... haha laughing

Kazenji
no expression

KeepTrackr
Originally posted by jinXed by JaNx
Trailer looks interesting. I like the design of the turtles but the CGI and casting decisions do kind of worry me a bit now. However, I'll wait until I see more. From watching that trailer I'm reminded of one of the reasons why movies like, Transformers and GI joe failed so much for me. I don't think you can combine flashy with gritty, at least not entirely. The styles clash too much.

Still very interested

Definitely agree with the confusing combination of flashy & gritty, we just felt that GI Joe & Transformers lacked a little screenwriting depth - both felt very disconnected, like listening to a scratched CD.

The most annoying aspect (as a result of childhood nostalgia) must be the fact that April will not be red-headed; makes it apparent that Megan Fox probably thought herself so big for the movie that she refused to die her hair - but that's only a wild guess.

Re the plot regarding Shredder: bit disappointed if they don't stick to the original storyline. Since reintroducing Turtles to the next gen, they may feel that they have a market for redefining the Turtles. Hope they stay as witty, cool and radical as they've always been!

Kazenji
Don't know where you got the idea April has red hair

looks more brown to me.

Robtard
In the cartoons, April is usually red or red-brown.

ShadowFyre
I always thought it was just brown

Robtard
http://i.dailymail.co.uk/i/pix/2013/05/04/article-2319480-19703CEB000005DC-938_634x421.jpg
http://img4.wikia.nocookie.net/__cb20130416180149/tmnt/images/4/4e/2003_April_O'Neil.jpg

marwash22
her hair has mostly been auburn. basically light brown/reddish

Robtard
Look at the big brain on Mouth.

ares834
http://i.dailymail.co.uk/i/pix/2013/05/04/article-2319480-19703CEB000005DC-938_634x421.jpg

Michelangelo knows what's up.

steverules_2
Originally posted by ares834
Michelangelo knows what's up.

She's got a really good self floatation device

Esau Cairn
Originally posted by steverules_2
She's got a really good self floatation device

Yes...I can imagine seamen all over them cool

Kazenji
Peter Lairds shares his thoughts on the trailer

http://www.comicbookmovie.com/fansites/nailbiter111/news/?a=97678

Still thinks the original movie's representation of them is still the best.

Patient_Leech
^ Hm... he doesn't seem too impressed. But I respect that he's willing to hold out and see the full thing before he completely judges it.

Personally, from the trailer, I think there's very little chance this won't be a complete joke.

Stealth Moose
Originally posted by Patient_Leech
^ Hm... he doesn't seem too impressed. But I respect that he's willing to hold out and see the full thing before he completely judges it.

Personally, from the trailer, I think there's very little chance this won't be a complete joke.

thumb up

I cringed while watching this trailer before Winter Soldier in theatre.

Firefly218
Why is Splinter not Japanese? Why are his foot soldiers not ninjas? Why is April O'Neil Megan Fox?

Michael Bay sucks dick

Stealth Moose
Originally posted by Firefly218
Why is Splinter not Japanese? Why are his foot soldiers not ninjas? Why is April O'Neil Megan Fox?

Michael Bay sucks dick

:upupup:

Kazenji
Originally posted by Firefly218

Michael Bay sucks dick

Seems your getting Splinter & Shredder mixed up

Splinter is the rat master.

Stealth Moose

Splinter is also Japanese bro.

Firefly218

Shredder too

Kazenji
Originally posted by Stealth Moose
Splinter is also Japanese bro.

Ya think???

Kazenji
TD-F4lhMh2E

Kazenji
Character poster's

http://www.heyuguys.co.uk/five-new-character-posters-teenage-mutant-ninja-turtles-released/

Lestov16
TMNT is so late-20th century. At least Transformers has the excuse that robots are still popular. I haven't heard the phrase Cowabunga used since the days of Cool As Ice. and Fox definitely took the D to get this role.

Kazenji
^

This hipster.

Lestov16
Come on. Think about the premise for one second. It's humanoid turtles who act like the Saved By The Bell cast and perform what a five year old thinks are ninja moves. Don't get me wrong, I like some movies with ridiculous childish premises (Pacific Rim for example), and I kinda liked TMNT when I was a kid (and I'll admit I did like the movie that came out a few years back). But I'm an adult now. Maybe if I had a kid I might see this, but I can not in good conscience pull out my wallet for this.

and those CGI turtles look creepy as phuck.

BruceSkywalker
will only see how Bay puts in car crashes laughing out loud

but will basically watch to see the martial arts moves

Flyattractor
This movie is coming out in August? Bad Sign?

Lestov16
This film had "bad sign" all over it the moment it was greenlit.

BruceSkywalker
Originally posted by Flyattractor
This movie is coming out in August? Bad Sign?

Originally posted by Lestov16
This film had "bad sign" all over it the moment it was greenlit.

you two will be the first in line... stick out tongue

steverules_2
They're camped outside right now in little tents

Kazenji
Joblo checks out an Early Glimpse of the Comic Con footage for TMNT

http://www.joblo.com/movie-news/joblocom-checks-out-an-early-glimpse-of-the-comic-con-footage-for-tmnt-273

So William Fichtner isn't shredder the way the trailers have made it out to be.....thank ****en god.

TH3_V01D
Originally posted by Lestov16
TMNT is so late-20th century. At least Transformers has the excuse that robots are still popular. I haven't heard the phrase Cowabunga used since the days of Cool As Ice. and Fox definitely took the D to get this role.

LOL this guy, almost three different generations of kids grow up with the Turtles cartoon (old and new), i wouldnt even suprised if this movie destroy GoTG in August in box office performance.

KingD19
I'm 24 and I've watched every installment of turtles including the 80's version.

Hell the version that's airing now is amazing.

steverules_2
I only saw a couple of seasons from the original 80's version, first 2 seasons to be more accurate

Kazenji
Originally posted by TH3_V01D
LOL this guy, almost three different generations of kids grow up with the Turtles cartoon (old and new), i wouldnt even suprised if this movie destroy GoTG in August in box office performance.

Can i ask what makes you so damn sure this new turtles movie will destroy the Gotg movie at the box office?

jinXed by JaNx
I think Turtles definitely has the advantage with already being an established franchise. I can see Turtles taking the edge just because parents would be more inclined to take their kids to see Turtles over Guardians because they grew up with it.

KingD19
Exactly. The turtles have been pretty much everywhere with a strong presence from the 80's up until now. Movies, tv shows, a constant toy line, merch, video games, AND comics as well.

Guardians has had comics, and like 2 tv cameos in the past year or so, both on shows aimed mainly at comics fans.

Turtles clearly has a much larger name in the mainstream, and Michael Bay movies despite what critics say tend to do insanely well at box office.

On the other hand, Guardians is a Marvel movie, and those blow up as well simply for having the MARVEL! brand.

Esau Cairn
Originally posted by jinXed by JaNx
I think Turtles definitely has the advantage with already being an established franchise.

Turtles may have the franchise advantage but seriously I personally think these new turtles will freak a lot of kids by the way their faces look. IMO they're more creepy than cute.

My 8 yr old son saw the trailer the other day & innocently commented that they look like his nephew.
Suffice to say, his nephew has Down Syndrome.

Kazenji
Originally posted by KingD19
Exactly. The turtles have been pretty much everywhere with a strong presence from the 80's up until now. Movies, tv shows, a constant toy line, merch, video games, AND comics as well.

Guardians has had comics, and like 2 tv cameos in the past year or so, both on shows aimed mainly at comics fans.

Turtles clearly has a much larger name in the mainstream, and Michael Bay movies despite what critics say tend to do insanely well at box office.

On the other hand, Guardians is a Marvel movie, and those blow up as well simply for having the MARVEL! brand.

I'd be surprised if gotg actually flops in the U.S. and does great elsewhere.

BruceSkywalker
WHAT??? WHAT??? People supporting a Bay film!!!!!

The internet must be part of Inception laughing out loud laughing out loud laughing out loud

Lestov16
My 8 yr old son saw the trailer the other day & innocently commented that they look like his nephew.
Suffice to say, his nephew has Down Syndrome.

laughing out loud

DARTH POWER
GOTG will do well. People will go watch anything Marvel studios puts out at this point, plus it's been marketed well. But considering it is a Complete Unknown even to some comic book readers, I'd be seriously surprised if it surpasses $500mill WW. Seriously surprised!

If it does pass those kind of figures then it would have to be one seriously frigging great movie.

But assuming Turtles and GOTG are similar in quality, then yeah I'd give Turtles the definite box office advantage.

Kazenji
Originally posted by DARTH POWER
But assuming Turtles and GOTG are similar in quality, then yeah I'd give Turtles the definite box office advantage.

That's a big 'if' in regards to the Turtles with it being produced by Micheal Bay's company.

marwash22
https://s1.yimg.com/cd/resizer/FIT_TO_WIDTH-w500/e02a726bc733e0919e65ce6defc8ac50661b6296.jpg

this is apparently controversial and disrespectful to those who died... more than ten years ago.

no expression

people need to get a grip on their goddamn lives.

also, i thought the release date was the 8th.

<< THERE IS MORE FROM THIS THREAD HERE >>