World War Thor

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.

keiththegreat
Thor replaces the Hulk in the 5 issue world war hulk arc (not planet hulk). Is there anything the hulk did that Thor couldn't have done? Is there someone he couldn't have beaten? Could Thor have been stopped at the end?

carver9
If Thor has to endure EVERYTHING Hulk went through I'm the arc, he fails and fails hard. The Xmen stops him by the way.

JakeTheBank
lmao

If everyone fights Thor the way they threw themselves at the Hulk, Thor would beat the crap out of them. It also helps that Thor doesn't need to fight in melee combat and can just hurl Mjolnir at people and summon lightning down from above.

Also, they already had World War Thor. It was called "The Reigning".

Zack Fair
Originally posted by JakeTheBank
lmao

If everyone fights Thor the way they threw themselves at the Hulk, Thor would beat the crap out of them. It also helps that Thor doesn't need to fight in melee combat and can just hurl Mjolnir at people and summon lightning down from above.

thumb up

carver9
So Thor can fight the entire Xmen while getting Mind raped by Emma and Charles? Yeah right.

JakeTheBank
Originally posted by carver9
So Thor can fight the entire Xmen while getting Mind raped by Emma and Charles? Yeah right.

Thor can take on the X-Men roster who suddenly got dumbed down to put over Hulk, yeah. And Thor doesn't have to wade in melee combat hoping his enemies fight down to his level, either.

Not sure what the X-Men can do if Thor summons a city wide storm, or a state wide one. Or a country wide one. Or a planetary level one.

carver9
Thor can take on the X-Men roster who suddenly got dumbed down to put over Hulk, yeah. And Thor doesn't have to wade in melee combat hoping his enemies fight down to his level, either.

Not sure what the X-Men can do if Thor summons a city wide storm, or a state wide one. Or a country wide one. Or a planetary level one.

The Xmen don't have to do anything since BOTH Emma and Charles would be mind raping him "just like they tried to do against WWH". Wolverine stabbing him, Nightcrawler landing a jet on him, class 100's punching him while Cyclops using full optic blast along with everything else being done while Thor is getting Mind raped would drop him.

There is no disputing this unless you have some INSANE TP resistance for Thor.

Show me.

Gecko4lif
If Thor has to endure EVERYTHING Hulk went through I'm the arc, he fails and fails hard. The Xmen stops him by the way.
Your so bad. Why are you so bad lol

carver9
Originally posted by Gecko4lif
Your so bad. Why are you so bad lol

I don't know. Show me my badness.

JakeTheBank
The Xmen don't have to do anything since BOTH Emma and Charles would be mind raping him "just like they tried to do against WWH". Wolverine stabbing him, Nightcrawler landing a jet on him, class 100's punching him while Cyclops using full optic blast along with everything else being done while Thor is getting Mind raped would drop him.

There is no disputing this unless you have some INSANE TP resistance for Thor.

Show me.

Yeah, if Thor fights like the Hulk and doesn't, y'know, fly around and rain death from above. If Thor was as raging pissed as Hulk was in WWH (let's say Sif or Jane Foster was killed by the Illuminati according to his mindset), he'd just start raging over the globe with intense storms. It's debatable that the psychics would be able to even get a chance to attack him depending on how Thor made his alpha strike.

Thor's got impressive willpower feats.

Starscream M
lmao

Also, they already had World War Thor. It was called "The Reigning". thor would not have done well against logan as WWH did

thor would've got his ass beat by juggernaut

thor would've been killed by the adamantium shrapnel that WWH endured

JakeTheBank
Originally posted by Starscream M
thor would not have done well against logan as WWH did

Thor would have one shot him, let's be real.

Thor would have BFRed him.

Thor would have blocked all that shit.

carver9
Yeah, if Thor fights like the Hulk and doesn't, y'know, fly around and rain death from above. If Thor was as raging pissed as Hulk was in WWH (let's say Sif or Jane Foster was killed by the Illuminati according to his mindset), he'd just start raging over the globe with intense storms. It's debatable that the psychics would be able to even get a chance to attack him depending on how Thor made his alpha strike.

Thor's got impressive willpower feats.

Hulk got absorbed into the ground by Kitty...they took Hulk healing factor away from him...clawed him, tried draining his powers, landed a jet on him, blasted him, telepathic attacked him the entire match, threw a full powered Juggernaut at him...blinded him. Thor isn't enduring all of this.

I'm asking for telepathic fts because Hulk was getting mind attacked the entire time he was there.

He isn't surviving what Hulk went through against the army either...the ones that had adamantium bullets. Doctor Strange was mind raping him throughout that fight also. Thor would die if he was in that situation. Being mind raped and hit CONSISTENTLY by adamantium bullets and sharpnel.

JakeTheBank
Hulk got absorbed into the ground by Kitty...they took Hulk healing factor away from him...clawed him, tried draining his powers, landed a jet on him, blasted him, telepathic attacked him the entire match, threw a full powered Juggernaut at him...blinded him. Thor isn't enduring all of this.

I'm asking for telepathic fts because Hulk was getting mind attacked the entire time he was there.

He isn't surviving what Hulk went through against the army either...the ones that had adamantium bullets. Doctor Strange was mind raping him throughout that fight also. Thor would die if he was in that situation. Being mind raped and hit CONSISTENTLY by adamantium bullets and sharpnel.

So basically you want Thor to be brought down to Hulk's level in terms of ability?

carver9
Thor would have one shot him, let's be real.

Thor would have BFRed him.

Thor would have blocked all that shit.

Thor admitted during his fight with Logan that he was hitting him with his fiercest blows.

confused

Lol at Thor blocking adamantium bullets from numerous of shooters and chain guns "while being mind attacked by Strange".

Da** Jake.

carver9
So basically you want Thor to be brought down to Hulk's level in terms of ability?

Lol...its not being brought down to Hulks level at all. Thor has been dropped by TP and him fighting off powerful TP's along with powerful weapons like adamantium and the Xmen...it ain't happening.

JakeTheBank
Thor admitted during his fight with Logan that he was hitting him with his fiercest blows.

confused

Lol at Thor blocking adamantium bullets from numerous of shooters and chain guns "while being mind attacked by Strange".

Da** Jake.

If you honestly think that Thor hit Logan with his fiercest blows, you're retarded as shit. He was holding back the entire fight. And Thor's "fiercest" blows wind up staggering Galactus, one shot BFRs Nul into space, and shatters Celestial Armor. If Thor was in a WWH type mindset, Wolverine would get raped. End of story.

Yeah, they're called whirlwinds, brah.

Troll harder.

Zack Fair
I honestly doubt what he hit Logan with was anything close to his "fiercest blows."

Bullshit really.

PillarofOsiris
Thors not getting hit by the bullets thanks to his shields. And he kills the x-men from the sky with a massive lightning bolt. He can BFR juggernaut a LOT easier than the Hulk did. Thor's beat the real black bolt, so skrull bolt wouldmt be too much of a challenge. And he could beat that sentry with ease.

JakeTheBank
Lol...its not being brought down to Hulks level at all. Thor has been dropped by TP and him fighting off powerful TP's along with powerful weapons like adamantium and the Xmen...it ain't happening.

WTF?

Thor isn't the Hulk. He's got way more abilities to invoke than him, and given that he'd be livid as ****, what's to stop him from dropping thunderbolts on people from above? Nothing.

Seriously, don't reverse project Hulk's style of fighting on Thor and then lowball him.

PillarofOsiris
Thor one shot daken... He'd do the same to wolverine

carver9
If you honestly think that Thor hit Logan with his fiercest blows, you're retarded as shit. He was holding back the entire fight. And Thor's "fiercest" blows wind up staggering Galactus, one shot BFRs Nul into space, and shatters Celestial Armor. If Thor was in a WWH type mindset, Wolverine would get raped. End of story.

Yeah, they're called whirlwinds, brah.

Troll harder.

You are completely missing the point. Thor isn't enduring "telepathic attacks" and then surviving adamantium bullets from shield guns "while fighting off an assault towards his brain". What's so hard to grasp? This isn't Thor vs an army, this is Thor fighting his mind from getting raped along with fighting an army that is shooting him with high caliber adamantium bullets.

Yeah right.

carver9
Originally posted by PillarofOsiris
Thors not getting hit by the bullets thanks to his shields. And he kills the x-men from the sky with a massive lightning bolt. He can BFR juggernaut a LOT easier than the Hulk did. Thor's beat the real black bolt, so skrull bolt wouldmt be too much of a challenge. And he could beat that sentry with ease.

Did Black Bolt hit Thor with a blast that took a chunk out of the moon the size of Rhode Island?

He sure did not.

JakeTheBank
You are completely missing the point. Thor isn't enduring "telepathic attacks" and then surviving adamantium bullets from shield guns "while fighting off an assault towards his brain". What's so hard to grasp? This isn't Thor vs an army, this is Thor fighting his mind from getting raped along with fighting an army that is shooting him with high caliber adamantium bullets.

Yeah right.

No, you're trying to make Thor fight Earth exactly the same as Hulk did which is stupid as Thor =/= Hulk.

Hulk doesn't have Mjolnir or the vast power that Thor has.

carver9
WTF?

Thor isn't the Hulk. He's got way more abilities to invoke than him, and given that he'd be livid as ****, what's to stop him from dropping thunderbolts on people from above? Nothing.

Seriously, don't reverse project Hulk's style of fighting on Thor and then lowball him.

Show me Thor best mind resistant ft or he dies here. It's just that simple. This isn't CISless Thor here Jake. He is fighting in character. Which is the reason Hulk didn't consistently thunder clap throughout his fight against the Xmen.

carver9
No, you're trying to make Thor fight Earth exactly the same as Hulk did which is stupid as Thor =/= Hulk.

Hulk doesn't have Mjolnir or the vast power that Thor has.

You are completely missing the point. Let me say this to you again. Thor isn't beating the Xmen while getting Mind raped "before even getting to the battle" by some of the most powerful telepaths on the planet. Grasp it Jake and hold on to it.

Thor on the ground fighting off mind attacks while the Xmen unload on him or adamantium bullets shooting him.

JakeTheBank
Show me Thor best mind resistant ft or he dies here. It's just that simple. This isn't CISless Thor here Jake. He is fighting in character. Which is the reason Hulk didn't consistently thunder clap throughout his fight against the Xmen.

Thor fighting in character throws Mjolnir at people, summons storms, absorbs/blocks attacks, and flies around. If I was debating a CISless Thor or just threw out a bunch of random feats, this would be a different story.

You ignoring that Thor has many more options than Hulk does while being in character doesn't change anything.

Starscream M

You ignoring that Thor has many more options than Hulk does while being in character doesn't change anything. and you're ignoring the fact that he doesn't use those options as much as you'd like

I mean fer crying out loud, the dark avengers alone took him down

Zack Fair
I think Thor would fight it smart if he was willing to go up against the illuminati and all those forces.

carver9
Thor fighting in character throws Mjolnir at people, summons storms, absorbs/blocks attacks, and flies around. If I was debating a CISless Thor or just threw out a bunch of random feats, this would be a different story.

You ignoring that Thor has many more options than Hulk does while being in character doesn't change anything.

I'm shaking my head at you Jake. Yes, if the Xmen doesn't fight Thor the way they fought Hulk, yes, Thor would win. If they sense him coming and mind rape him just like they tried to do to Hulk...Thor fails. You are making this difficult Jake.

By the way, you are using an out of character Thor. Thor might have more powers than Hulk but he doesn't have his resistance or his strength OR his healing factor.

JakeTheBank
and you're ignoring the fact that he doesn't use those options as much as you'd like

I mean fer crying out loud, the dark avengers alone took him down

And you don't read comics in order to make that judgment. What's your point?

If you're referring to Thor #600, he was fighting Bor at the time as well, so not sure how's that a low feat. Considering Bor had the power to one shot kill Thor without the Odin Force (something that's beyond Hulk's wildest dreams), I'd love to see you argue that Hulk would be in better shape.

And if you're referring to Siege, Thor just got sucked blitzed by Sentry (whom he dismissed a moment later), and was bombarded by Iron Patriot, Moonstone, The U-Foes, and other assorted villains who all ganged up on him. Don't act like Hulk would fare better, because he wouldn't.

carver9
The only people that is needed for the Xmen is Xavier, Emma, and Wolverine. The two telepaths mind rapes him as soon as the battle starts and Wolverine gets the stabbing. This doesn't include the rest of the Xmen that were there.

I need to see some fts from Thor that shows he can resist both Emma and Xavier at the same time.

Starscream M

And if you're referring to Siege, Thor just got sucked blitzed by Sentry (whom he dismissed a moment later), and was bombarded by Iron Patriot, Moonstone, The U-Foes, and other assorted villains who all ganged up on him. Don't act like Hulk would fare better, because he wouldn't. hulk DID fare better. He was bombarded by xmen, FF4, and much more, after fighting herc, BB, ares, etc etc.

thor would've been KOed very quickly by the forces that Hulk went through

JakeTheBank
I'm shaking my head at you Jake. Yes, if the Xmen doesn't fight Thor the way they fought Hulk, yes, Thor would win. If they sense him coming and mind rape him just like they tried to do to Hulk...Thor fails. You are making this difficult Jake.

By the way, you are using an out of character Thor. Thor might have more powers than Hulk but he doesn't have his resistance or his strength OR his healing factor.

Why would they fight Thor the exact same manner as they did the Hulk to begin with? That's stupid. Most of the plans Marvel Earth had for Hulk were dependent on attempting to depower him or exploiting knowledge of his close ones. And Thor wouldn't fight them in the same manner that Hulk did either.

Like hell I am. Everything I've mentioned is stuff he's done before in fights, especially when extremely pissed off. Everything Thor brings to the table trumps everything Hulk brings to the table. I mean, Thor fights down to Hulk's level and stalemates him most of the time. That in of itself speaks volumes of their respective formidability levels.

carver9
The beating Hulk went through against Zom Strange>>>anything Thor went through in Siege. Hulk before landing on Earth was hit by an attack that could lay waste to a state and then asked for more...that alone would have damaged Thor imo.

JakeTheBank
The only people that is needed for the Xmen is Xavier, Emma, and Wolverine.

This can't be life.

Nietzschean
Hulk got absorbed into the ground by Kitty... pretty sure Kitty Pryde back in the 80's phased Thor into the ground when she was made to believe Thor was actually Juggernaut. Thor grunted in pain and flexed himself out of the ground.. confused

JakeTheBank
The beating Hulk went through against Zom Strange>>>anything Thor went through in Siege. Hulk before landing on Earth was hit by an attack that could lay waste to a state and then asked for more...that alone would have dropped Thor imo.

Celestials. Odin/"Infinity".

Checkmate.

And if you want to use Siege and Siege alone, Thor dealt with the Void's psycho tentacles which owned the Hulk before. And he fought Voidtry at less than 100% to begin with.

JakeTheBank
Originally posted by Nietzschean
pretty sure Kitty Pryde back in the 80's phased Thor into the ground when she was made to believe Thor was actually Juggernaut. Thor grunted in pain and flexed himself out of the ground.. confused

thumb up

Starscream M
Everything Thor brings to the table trumps everything Hulk brings to the table. that might be one of the most fanboyish, untruthful statements ever said on KMC...and that says something considering the fanboys that have been on this board

JakeTheBank
that might be one of the most fanboyish, untruthful statements ever said on KMC...and that says something considering the fanboys that have been on this board

laughing out loud

Compare their respective abilities and powers and capabilities and get back to me.

carver9
Why would they fight Thor the exact same manner as they did the Hulk to begin with? That's stupid. Most of the plans Marvel Earth had for Hulk were dependent on attempting to depower him or exploiting knowledge of his close ones. And Thor wouldn't fight them in the same manner that Hulk did either.

Like hell I am. Everything I've mentioned is stuff he's done before in fights, especially when extremely pissed off. Everything Thor brings to the table trumps everything Hulk brings to the table. I mean, Thor fights down to Hulk's level and stalemates him most of the time. That in of itself speaks volumes of their respective formidability levels.

The OP said this basically puts Thor in WWH shoes. If that's the case, Thor falls to the Xmen, the army that fought Hulk and Juggernaut as well since he will not be stopping Jugs forward momentum like Hulk did.

You pretty much are. Now can you show me those TP resistant fts.

Silent Master
One lightning attack, tornado, flood etc would take care of the telepaths.

JakeTheBank
The OP said this basically puts Thor in WWH shoes. If that's the case, Thor falls to the Xmen, the army that fought Hulk and Juggernaut as well since he will not be stopping Jugs forward momentum like Hulk did.

You pretty much are. Now can you show me those TP resistant fts.

He's replacing WWH. He's not fighting exactly the same as him. Why would he when he has more to call upon than Hulk can? You desperately wanting Thor to fight in Hulk mode doesn't make it true.

carver9
Celestials. Odin/"Infinity".

Checkmate.

And if you want to use Siege and Siege alone, Thor dealt with the Void's psycho tentacles which owned the Hulk before. And he fought Voidtry at less than 100% to begin with.

Lord somebody help him.

Uuuummm, Void soothed Hulk by using his emotional powers on him and then he wrecked a depowering Hulk. Stated on panel. That was Savage Hulk by the way...not WWH.

No one is questioning Thors durability but he isn't enduring everything Hulk went through and he isn't surviving or getting past the things Hulk went through either.

JakeTheBank
Originally posted by Silent Master

No, that's OOC for Thor!

Even though him summoning storms and effecting the weather as the God of Thunder is well within his powerset! And he's done it numerous times in comics through out the decades!

JakeTheBank
No one is questioning Thors durability

Lol?

carver9
He's replacing WWH. He's not fighting exactly the same as him. Why would he when he has more to call upon than Hulk can? You desperately wanting Thor to fight in Hulk mode doesn't make it true.

Xavier and Emma was in an entirely different location while mind attacking Hulk. Why wouldn't they use their TP here?

This isn't me wanting Thor to fight in Hulk mode, this is me telling you that Thor will get mind raped and then stabbed, blasted, punched by class 100, drained, shot by adamantium bullets, etc, etc...

Nietzschean
Show me Thor best mind resistant ft or he dies here. It's just that simple. This isn't CISless Thor here Jake. He is fighting in character. Which is the reason Hulk didn't consistently thunder clap throughout his fight against the Xmen. you do know that Warrior Madness Thor from Blood and Thunder shrugged off the mind/spiritual control of The Goddess who was backed by the cosmic cubes and Egg?

he also resisted his own father in an astral battle who was trying to cure him.

In that same story he resisted everyone in the infinity watch including Adam Warlock Karma blast and iirc Moon Dragon.

once Thor is enraged and isnt being seduced by TP he can actively resist Mind blast and control b/c like he likes to say no one controls the odinson.

zeel
thor>then the green booger

carver9
Originally posted by Silent Master

Mind raped and how will he do that if they are in another location? Gotcha, he will forget about the other Xmen that is attacking him and use his Xray vision and blast the telepaths.

You are so creative.

carver9
you do know that Warrior Madness Thor from Blood and Thunder shrugged off the mind/spiritual control of The Goddess who was backed by the cosmic cubes and Egg?

In that same story he resisted everyone in the infinity watch including Adam Warlock Karma blast and iirc Moon Dragon.

once Thor is enraged and isnt being seduced by TP he can actively resist Mind blast and control b/c like he likes to say no one controls the odinson.

confused

JakeTheBank
you do know that Warrior Madness Thor from Blood and Thunder shrugged off the mind/spiritual control of The Goddess who was backed by the cosmic cubes and Egg?

Basically, the closest thing we can look at for a "WWH" mindset Thor would be Blood and Thunder.

JakeTheBank
Mind raped and how will he do that if they are in another location? Gotcha, he will forget about the other Xmen that is attacking him and use his Xray vision and blast them.

You are so creative.

I can feel your anger. It makes you stronger, gives you focus.

http://www.destinationhollywood.com/movies/starwars/images/moviequotes/starwars3_clip15.jpg

Starscream M
laughing out loud

Compare their respective abilities and powers and capabilities and get back to me. the very fact that hulk's power is limitless trumps the fact that thor's power is not...amongst other things

carver9
Almost forgot...Strange was mind raping Hulk from a completely different state while Hulk was taking on an army. Thor use his Xray vision again and spot Strange and Lightning blast him all the way from a different state while slapping adamantium bullets out of the air and creating hurricanes at the same time.

Go Thor.

Gecko4lif
the very fact that hulk's power is limitless trumps the fact that thor's power is not...amongst other things
Kids say the damnest things

JakeTheBank
the very fact that hulk's power is limitless trumps the fact that thor's power is not...amongst other things

So Hulk can't be stopped by anything short of Living Tribunal? Cool story, bro. Tell it again.

Thor's powerset enables him to do more things than Hulk can who is limited to physical attributes being amplified, healing, and the emission of gamma rays. If you can't objectively look at Mjolnir and its capabilities and Thor's weather control and come to the conclusion that his power set is far more expansive than that of Hulk's, you're deluding yourself.

Or you just don't know wtf you're talking about.

Nietzschean
Basically, the closest thing we can look at for a "WWH" mindset Thor would be Blood and Thunder. It seems like Thor's TP resistance is superior to Hulk's on every level. eek!

JakeTheBank
Almost forgot...Strange was mind raping Hulk from a completely different state while Hulk was taking on an army. Thor use his Xray vision again and spot Strange and Lightning blast him all the way from a different state while slapping adamantium bullets out of the air and creating hurricanes at the same time.

Go Thor.

Goood, good...

http://www.theforce.net/kids/coruscant/probe_droid/palpatine.jpg

zopzop
pretty sure Kitty Pryde back in the 80's phased Thor into the ground when she was made to believe Thor was actually Juggernaut. Thor grunted in pain and flexed himself out of the ground.. confused

He didn't flex and break out of it, he pulled some vortex trick with Mjolnir. And he did a lot more than grunt in pain. He screamed and the expression of pain on his face was hard to ignore. If she had phased out his heart or phased him COMPLETELY into solid matter (instead of only phasing him waist deep), he'dve been crippled or worse.

carver9
Hulk gets shot in the back by adamantium bullets (which would take out Thor). Then as soon as the battle starts, Strange is mind attacking him but Hulk resists it. Remember, Strange isn't even at the battle...he is fighting Hulk from a distance (trying to). Thor doesn't have the resistance fts WWH showed and he would have died here. There was no time for doing hurricanes, throwing hammers, none of that. All of this happened fast.

http://i94.photobucket.com/albums/l92/priest_85/AA-WWH03-007-08.jpg
http://i94.photobucket.com/albums/l92/priest_85/AA-WWH03-009.jpg
http://i94.photobucket.com/albums/l92/priest_85/AA-WWH03-010.jpg
http://i94.photobucket.com/albums/l92/priest_85/AA-WWH03-011.jpg
http://i94.photobucket.com/albums/l92/priest_85/AA-WWH03-012.jpg
http://i94.photobucket.com/albums/l92/priest_85/AA-WWH03-013.jpg
http://i94.photobucket.com/albums/l92/priest_85/AA-WWH03-014.jpg
http://i94.photobucket.com/albums/l92/priest_85/AA-WWH03-015.jpg
http://i94.photobucket.com/albums/l92/priest_85/AA-WWH03-016.jpg
http://i94.photobucket.com/albums/l92/priest_85/AA-WWH03-017.jpg
http://i94.photobucket.com/albums/l92/priest_85/AA-WWH03-019.jpg
http://i94.photobucket.com/albums/l92/priest_85/AA-WWH03-020.jpg
http://i94.photobucket.com/albums/l92/priest_85/AA-WWH03-021.jpg
http://i94.photobucket.com/albums/l92/priest_85/AA-WWH03-022.jpg
http://i94.photobucket.com/albums/l92/priest_85/AA-WWH03-023.jpg
http://i94.photobucket.com/albums/l92/priest_85/AA-WWH03-024.jpg
http://i94.photobucket.com/albums/l92/priest_85/AA-WWH03-025.jpg
http://i94.photobucket.com/albums/l92/priest_85/AA-WWH03-026.jpg
http://i94.photobucket.com/albums/l92/priest_85/AA-WWH03-027.jpg
http://i94.photobucket.com/albums/l92/priest_85/AA-WWH03-030.jpg

carver9
Originally posted by zopzop
He didn't flex and break out of it, he pulled some vortex trick with Mjolnir. And he did a lot more than grunt in pain. He screamed and the expression of pain on his face was hard to ignore. If she had phased out his heart or phased him COMPLETELY into solid matter (instead of only phasing him waist deep), he'dve been crippled or worse.

Exactly.

Rage.Of.Olympus
If Thor is put through every scenario Hulk is in exactly the same manner while fighting the exact same way (Limited to hand to hand), he loses.

But that is some incredibly one sided limitations. If Thor returns to Earth blood lusted, amped, a ship and with a crew of warriors (Probably Beta Ray Bill and such), he'd rape Earth a lot worse than Hulk would.

The closest we have to World War Thor is Blood and Thunder and Reigning. We saw how that shit turned out.

zopzop
Originally posted by Rage.Of.Olympus

The closest we have to World War Thor is Blood and Thunder and Reigning. We saw how that shit turned out.

But to be fair to Hulk, during the final half of the Blood and Thunder series, Thor was rocking the Power Gem.

And during the Reigning, he had Daddy Warbucks' power.

Nietzschean
If Thor is put through every scenario Hulk is in exactly the same manner while fighting the exact same way (Limited to hand to hand), he loses.

But that is some incredibly one sided limitations. If Thor returns to Earth blood lusted, amped, a ship and with a crew of warriors (Probably Beta Ray Bill and such), he'd rape Earth a lot worse than Hulk would.

The closest we have to World War Thor is Blood and Thunder and Reigning. We saw how that shit turned out. Thor would @$$rape Earth if he came to earth on one of Asgard's ships with BRB, Thunderstrike w/Bloodaxe and his Warrior 3 and Lady Sif, Hercules would join him of course.. big grin

Hell, his rage alone would sweep the earth due to his connection to the Planet b4 anyone could mount an attack..

Rage.Of.Olympus

The most comparable telepathic experiences to Hulk that an insane with rage Thor went through come from Blood and Thunder.

As you can see, they shit on what Hulk went through during World War Hulk.

carver9
Thor would @$$rape Earth if he came to earth on one of Asgard's ships with BRB, Thunderstrike w/Bloodaxe and his Warrior 3 and Lady Sif, Hercules would join him of course.. big grin

Hell, his rage alone would sweep the earth due to his connection to the Planet b4 anyone could mount an attack..

Depends if Earth is prepping against them like they did WWH. Sentry was also a monster and that was the most powerful I've ever seen Sentry. Sentry power output alone would be trouble for any Herald...this isn't including the strength and blasts Sentry was hitting Hulk with.

carver9
How would Thor handle nanites?

Nietzschean
How would Thor handle nanites? They would have to get under his skin and his Hammer can easily heal him of them.

besides if you are referring to Ironman palm spike he stabbed hulk with... Hulk wasnt injected with Nanites. the nanites were stolen by one of the kids the night prior.. smokin'

so Thor wouldnt have to worry about them.

carver9
They would have to get under his skin and his Hammer can easily heal him of them.

besides if you are referring to Ironman palm spike he stabbed hulk with... Hulk wasnt injected with Nanites. the nanites were stolen by one of the kids the night prior.. smokin'

so Thor wouldnt have to worry about them.

Naah, I'm not talking about that instance.

PillarofOsiris
Thor would @$$rape Earth if he came to earth on one of Asgard's ships with BRB, Thunderstrike w/Bloodaxe and his Warrior 3 and Lady Sif, Hercules would join him of course.. big grin

Agreed. But to keep it fair should Thor should get the same back up as the hulk... ie the warbound. But Thor should also be just as mad... Like someone said earlier... Thor thinks the illuminati killed sif... Or all of Asgard.

carver9
When did the War bound help Hulk?

Rage.Of.Olympus
When did the War bound help Hulk?

I'm starting to think you didn't actually read World War Hulk.

Nietzschean
Depends if Earth is prepping against them like they did WWH. Sentry was also a monster and that was the most powerful I've ever seen Sentry. Sentry power output alone would be trouble for any Herald...this isn't including the strength and blasts Sentry was hitting Hulk with. lets say Sentry and Thor were fighting till Thor reverted to Donald Blake and they punched each other till one of them dropped..

Donald and Thor basically share the same experience and I would say Blake would be the better fighter than Sentry and the fight would end the same way Hulk and Sentry did. Sentry being knocked out. Thor would grab his hammer and be 100% agains. big grin cool

carver9
I'm starting to think you didn't actually read World War Hulk.

Ok, let's rephrase that question...when did the Warbounds provide "NEEDED" help besides shielding him during that moment when he was human.

carver9
lets say Sentry and Thor were fighting till Thor reverted to Donald Blake and they punched each other till one of them dropped..

Donald and Thor basically share the same experience and I would say Blake would be the better fighter than Sentry and the fight would end the same way Hulk and Sentry did. Sentry being knocked out. Thor would grab his hammer and be 100% agains. big grin cool

Uuummm, Thor isn't standing inside of Sentry hurricane fire fighting him like Hulk did. That isn't happening at all. Let alone enduring his blasting power and punches like Hulk did.

Rage.Of.Olympus
Ok, let's rephrase that question...when did the Warbounds provide "NEEDED" help besides shielding him during that moment when he was human.

The Warbound aided the Hulk in multiple ways. They helped him keep control of the city and the residents there, aided him significantly with the control disk technology, the technological alien was the only reason Hulk's ship even got to Earth past their defenses as I recall, they helped him in various fights such as against the Avengers, IIRC the Fantastic Four etc.

Heck, in the very scans you posted, they probably prevented his body from being completely destroyed by the military as Doctor Strange was in Hulk's mind.

I repeat, if Thor comes to Earth like Hulk, amped, enraged, with aid and so on, then he beats the Marvel Heroes worse than Hulk did.

Uuummm, Thor isn't standing inside of Sentry hurricane fire fighting him like Hulk did. That isn't happening at all. Let alone enduring his blasting power and punches like Hulk did.

Yes he could.

Nietzschean

Thor could contain Sentry if not match Sentry's hurricane fire with his own hurricane/ice and weather control.. stick out tongue

unlike Hulk.. Thor has walked on the Sun with no harm. I doubt it would bother Thor at all.. laughing

carver9
Thor could contain Sentry if not match Sentry's hurricane fire with his own hurricane/ice and weather control.. stick out tongue

unlike Hulk.. Thor has walked on the Sun with no harm. I doubt it would bother Thor at all.. laughing

confused I don't know what to say. Lost for words.

Nietzschean
confused I don't know what to say. Lost for words. about time.

http://media.comicvine.com/uploads/3/35192/1364023-thordurability29_heatannual14_super.jpg

carver9
The Warbound aided the Hulk in multiple ways. They helped him keep control of the city and the residents there, aided him significantly with the control disk technology, the technological alien was the only reason Hulk's ship even got to Earth past their defenses as I recall, they helped him in various fights such as against the Avengers, IIRC the Fantastic Four etc.

Heck, in the very scans you posted, they probably prevented his body from being completely destroyed by the military as Doctor Strange was in Hulk's mind.

I repeat, if Thor comes to Earth like Hulk, amped, enraged, with aid and so on, then he beats the Marvel Heroes worse than Hulk did.

Yes he could.

Against the Avengers without the Warbounds aiding him in the beginning, he one shotted Ares and She Hulk and two shotted thing. The rest wasnt even a threat. Almost forgot, he one shotted Doc Sampson as well (I can post this if you want me to). He didn't need the War Bound help since he basically took out the heavy hitters with single hits.

Lol, he didn't need help with the fantastic four...if anything, they were trying to calm him down and before the fight they said they had no way of stooping Hulk (which is one of the reasons Reed pulled out the Sentry tech). Hulk didn't need the Warbound assistance except for tech issues. The reason the War Bounds protected him in that scan was due to him reverting back to Banner...before this, Hulk was withstanding adamantium bullets.

Uuuummm, no he couldn't.

carver9
about time.

http://media.comicvine.com/uploads/3/35192/1364023-thordurability29_heatannual14_super.jpg

What does this have to do with Sentry power output damaging Thor?

Gecko4lif
What does this have to do with Sentry power output damaging Thor?

Sentry failed to damage a city block

Im pretty sure the sun would destroy... you know... the earth

carver9

I promise you and when I say promise I really mean it...I PROMISE you don't want to go the collateral damage route.

Horrificus
confused I don't know what to say. Lost for words.
The difference between Hulk and Thor is like the difference between a Nuclear Bomb and an Orbital Nuclear Missile Platform.

Gecko4lif
I promise you and when I say promise I really mean it...I PROMISE you don't want to go the collateral damage route.
When you make a tornado of energy collateral damage is sort of the point. Otherwise you make a beam....

carver9
When you make a tornado of energy collateral damage is sort of the point. Otherwise you make a beam....

WTF? Collateral damage wasn't the point and in that same fight it was stated Sentry was using his power of a million exploding suns and it was also stated that the energy Sentry was expelling was a threat to the planet. Gecko, you are truly not making any sense.

Nietzschean
WTF? Collateral damage wasn't the point and in that same fight it was stated Sentry was using his power of a million exploding suns and it was also stated that the energy Sentry was expelling was a threat to the planet. Gecko, you are truly not making any sense. you mean this?:

http://i118.photobucket.com/albums/o106/bigbran1/wwh016.jpg

roll eyes (sarcastic)

ever heard of hyperbole/exaggeration?

zopzop

That means nothing. How many times have characters that have survived black holes or flying through the center of suns get KOed by physical attacks by people like Hulk or Thor or get fried by beam attacks? Gladiator is the perfect example of this. He can survive the heat and pressure in the heart of a star millions of miles across yet get KTFO by Hulk's physical attacks or get fried by Thor's lightening.

So Thor surviving in the heart of the Sun isn't some guarantee that he wouldn't be fried by Sentry's energy attacks.

Zack Fair
True...but then again he could always just absorb/deflect/negate/deus ex machina it with MJOLNIR

zopzop
Originally posted by Zack Fair
True...but then again he could always just absorb/deflect/negate/deus ex machina it with MJOLNIR

No doubt. But that's not the point I was trying to make (though I understand you got the gist of it big grin ).

carver9
Originally posted by Zack Fair

Agreed but my point was, he isn't going to stand in the heart of what Sentry was expelling during his fight against Hulk...ain't happening. Thor does have other options...he could fight Sentry at a distance (don't know if that would work against this sentry).

carver9
Let's see what Sentry was hitting Hulk with.

This...

http://i118.photobucket.com/albums/o106/bigbran1/wwh009.jpg

This...

http://i118.photobucket.com/albums/o106/bigbran1/wwh015.jpg
http://i118.photobucket.com/albums/o106/bigbran1/wwh016.jpg

If you truly believe Thor will still be at 100% like Hulk was after these attacks then something is seriously wrong with you.

carver9
This as well.

http://i118.photobucket.com/albums/o106/bigbran1/wwh021.jpg

Damborgson
SMH at some of the posts here.

I think we've all seen what a pissed Thor is capable of. If he goes through the same events that WWH did he'd clear them with flying colors.

Thor would blow through Ironman's suit when they collided, take quite a few of the avengers/new avengers down with a single lightning strike. Bring down more lightning, devastating the heroes that were standing.

He'd do the same to the X-men. Lighting hits the ground in 1/1000 of a second. And Thor is the god of it. There will be no mind raping by any telepaths. And if they all come out and say hello like they did against Hulk that is exactly what would happen. He brings down the lightning and ends most of the team including chuckles and emma. And wolverine is brutally murdered as Thor brings Mjolnir down on him.

Juggernaut wouldn't have the chance to get to full power as he'd be killed before that. Even if he did he'd be BFR'd soon after.

The Army would find their admantium bullets and other weaponry hitting whirlwinds and being redirected right back at them. Or just also being devastated by the lightning Thor brings down on them.

If Doc Strange tried what he tried on hulk and managed to get in Thor's head, then behaved like an idiot and turned solid, he'd have a whole lot more to worry about than crushed hands.

What left? Sentry? He'd be KTFO by Thor when he goes all "Hit me again" and incase he wasn't Thor takes all that nice solar energy that he was giving off and absorbs it with Mjolnir. Then gives it back in a 10X magic blast. And since Sentry would be busy being stupid, and just standing in the middle of his solar tornado, this isn't all hard to see happen.

None of that which I said was CIS-less Thor. CIS-less Thor throws hammer at X times lightspeed at the Earth from space then goes back to Asgard to mourn sif or whoever was wronged that made him go all homicidal.

carver9
So with that said, you don't think Thor would try to hammer hit anyone (lol).?

carver9
Also, Hulk was getting shot by Adamantium bullets while engaging Strange. You don't think the adamantium bullets would have killed Thor?

SuperiorTech
While I am not sure Thor could do this a lot of those attacks that Hulk suffered during the arc Thor would not have had to endure so when people say Hulk took this this and if could Thor do it that line of reasoning is flawed.

He has multiply defensive options Winds, force fields, and the hammer itself to deflect,absorb, and redirect.He also has to ability to bfr if he was to ran into someone he could not take down.

Also alot of that stuff was tailored to take down the Hulk.

zopzop
Originally posted by SuperiorTech
While I am not sure Thor could do this a lot of those attacks that Hulk suffered during the arc Thor would not have had to endure so when people say Hulk took this this and if could Thor do it that line of reasoning is flawed.

He has multiply defensive options Winds, force fields, and the hammer itself to deflect,absorb, and redirect.He also has to ability to bfr if he was to ran into someone he could not take down.

Also alot of that stuff was tailored to take down the Hulk.

But the point is he can't do all of that at the same time. If he lets' go of Mjolnir to throw it as a weapon, there goes his force fields and energy absorption abilities.

Also I think Carver was talking about things like Dr. Strange confronting Hulk on the Astral Plane, leaving his body defenseless and inanimate while it's getting riddled with adamantium bullets.

If Strange pulled that trick with Thor, even if Thor eventually overpowered him on the Astral Plane and returned to his body, he'd be killed before he got the chance by all that incoming adamantium projectiles.

Damborgson
So with that said, you don't think Thor would try to hammer hit anyone (lol).?

Depends on the situation. He'd hammer sentry off of him if he got like hulk did though or something, he'd finish the injured, hammer guys off of him etc... but it wouldnt be like the hulk out there fighting.

and yeah Thor would be in trouble if he took to many shots from the adamantium shrapnel. But it wouldnt get to that. Thor has summoned multiple tornadoes and kept them in place even while being in his human alter ego. The armies would be devastated even if Thor was battling strange mentally.

SuperiorTech
But the point is he can't do all of that at the same time. If he lets' go of Mjolnir to throw it as a weapon, there goes his force fields and energy absorption abilities.

Also I think Carver was talking about things like Dr. Strange confronting Hulk on the Astral Plane, leaving his body defenseless and inanimate while it's getting riddled with adamantium bullets.

If Strange pulled that trick with Thor, even if Thor eventually overpowered him on the Astral Plane and returned to his body, he'd be killed before he got the chance by all that incoming adamantium projectiles.

Strange was able to do that where he could not before because Hulk got impaled by all of those adamantium bullets He was basically taken out of action for a moment before he recovered and it allowed Strange to do that.Thor on the other hand would be able to protect himself.

Hulk also was being shielded by the war-bound when he was engage with Strange on the astral plane.All of that being said from what I remember Hulk was attacked from behind so while Thor has the capability to protect himself if put in the same situation and he does not see them coming he may be in trouble.

Damborgson

Thor could keep tornadoes going even while battling strange. The army would be done by the time he returned to his body.

carver9

Thats exactly what I am saying.

carver9
Originally posted by Damborgson
Thor could keep tornadoes going even while battling strange. The army would be done by the time he returned to his body.

Huh? So Thor can use Tornadoes without using his brain?

carver9
Originally posted by SuperiorTech
Strange was able to do that where he could not before because Hulk got impaled by all of those adamantium bullets He was basically taken out of action for a moment before he recovered and it allowed Strange to do that.Thor on the other hand would be able to protect himself.

Hulk also was being shielded by the war-bound when he was engage with Strange on the astral plane.All of that being said from what I remember Hulk was attacked from behind so while Thor has the capability to protect himself if put in the same situation and he does not see them coming he may be in trouble.

What is Thor best resistant ft from TP attacks?

-Pr-
lmao

Pretty much. Such a lacklustre series too, after the excellence that was Planet Hulk.

carver9
Depends on the situation. He'd hammer sentry off of him if he got like hulk did though or something, he'd finish the injured, hammer guys off of him etc... but it wouldnt be like the hulk out there fighting.

and yeah Thor would be in trouble if he took to many shots from the adamantium shrapnel. But it wouldnt get to that. Thor has summoned multiple tornadoes and kept them in place even while being in his human alter ego. The armies would be devastated even if Thor was battling strange mentally.

You are CLEARLY missing the point and Hulk withstood adamantium sharpnel before being shielding by his friends. Thor would have died.

Damborgson
Huh? So Thor can use Tornadoes without using his brain?

He can cause them to stay formed independently of him having to sustain them.

carver9
He can cause them to stay formed independently of him having to sustain them.

While getting Mind raped? Scans.

Damborgson
You are CLEARLY missing the point and Hulk withstood adamantium sharpnel before being shielding by his friends. Thor would have died.

Well please go ahead and clarify it then.

What makes you say Thor would die? Or that the adamantium would ravage him as bad as it did hulk? His durability is superior to WWH's imo.

SuperiorTech
What is Thor best resistant ft from TP attacks?

It was a spell one that depended on Hulk letting him I am assuming the same requirements for Thor.The attack on Hulk and his condition let the door be opened an attack which Thor would be able to protect himself from.

But like I already stated above from what I remember the attack was a surprise so assuming that Thor would probably not be able to mount a defense.

Yes but eventually he was shielded from the assault now whether he actually needed it or not is anyone's guess

http://thumbnails74.imagebam.com/18728/9745e1187274799.jpg

Damborgson
While getting Mind raped? Scans.

Would you like me to bring you a scan of Thor bringing down lightning on the X-men to prove he could do it also? Theres no specific instance of Thor having self sustained tornadoes while having a battle on the astral plane with Dr.Strange Carver. :/

I dont have the scans, but he did it during secret wars. He summoned multiple tornadoes in order to distract the people of Broxton from the Asgardian/Skrull war about to take place. He gave his hammer to Beta Ray Bill and went to take care of some business at the hospital or something as Blake. The tornadoes stayed sustained.

Horrificus
Thor is much more durable than WWH.

Healing Capabilities-
And, how do we know anything about his healing abilities?
How often has he walked around, injured, after a serious fight?
I can only remember 1 time, (not including the period where he could not heal and then fought the Midgard Serpent).

Godly Anatomy-
Thor is not human. He is not even a mutated human, like the Hulk.
Whether you want to say he is an actual "God", or an alien, or something from another dimension, it might not be correct to label him with human frailties.

To Kill Thor-
So, how do we know the bullets would kill him, even if he just stood there and took it? How many times has Thor died? What has it taken to kill him in the past?
We know that Hulk is constantly getting torn completely apart, fried flayed, gutted, etc. Things that would have killed him MANY times over, if he didn't have a healing factor.
The same cannot be said for Thor, yet he has fought at the same level and higher.

Adamantium Bullets-
What is the most terrible damage he has sustained, and lived? How many times have you seen his skin pierced? Would the adamantium bullets have enough speed/power to get through his skin, even if the adamantium is much stronger than his skin? Did they each have a "monomolecular edge", as Logan's claws supposedly are?

Controlling the Elements-
Thor has shown, over and over, that it does not take any concentration or inactivity from him to keep his weather effects going.
He starts em up and lets em rip, while he goes on about his business.
And, I believe he has also unleashed other natural forces as well.
He could easily do something that would keep the majority of an attack force very, very busy.

I can go on and on...

OneDumbG0
Originally posted by keiththegreat
Thor replaces the Hulk in the 5 issue world war hulk arc (not planet hulk). Is there anything the hulk did that Thor couldn't have done? Is there someone he couldn't have beaten? Could Thor have been stopped at the end? Thor probably wouldn't have beaten Sentry in a straight-up brawl.

PillarofOsiris
Thor replaces the Hulk in the 5 issue world war hulk arc (not planet hulk). Is there anything the hulk did that Thor couldn't have done? Is there someone he couldn't have beaten? Could Thor have been stopped at the end?

We know one thing for certain: Tony Stark's satellites wouldn't have taken down Thor.

The Sorrow
If Thor had the same mindset as Hulk i.e. super pissed but still not willing to kill then no he isn't repeating what Hulk did nor is he enduring what Hulk did. Thor does have advantages that Hulk doesn't though and I see him beating the Hulkbuster armour pretty swiftly for example, similarly his lightning blast would have dropped most of the X-Men (although that's not the only way that fight could have played out).

I don't see Thor beating an all-out Sentry nor Zom/Strange plus he doesn't have a healing factor. Hulk essentially took down the majority of Earth's major teams and defenses with very little rest, this would be much more taxing on Thor.

carver9
We know one thing for certain: Tony Stark's satellites wouldn't have taken down Thor.

The satellite was prepped to take out Hulk just like it took out Sentry. We know one thing though, the UFOs wouldnt have taken out Hull the way they took Thor out.

Estacado
Originally posted by OneDumbG0
Thor probably wouldn't have beaten Sentry in a straight-up brawl.
Neither did Hulk it was a stalemate...and Hulk got in a lot of free shots..

PillarofOsiris
The satellite was prepped to take out Hulk just like it took out Sentry. We know one thing though, the UFOs wouldnt have taken out Hull the way they took Thor out.

You're right, considering ONE OF THEM burned the Hulks flesh off and reduced him to skeleton, ALL OF THEN COMBINED, giving it "everything they have got", combined with the dark Avengers and Sentry, the hulk would have definitely done better.

The Sorrow
Ironically a portion of Hulk's power drained by the satellite was used to give Thor an amp in World War Hulks.

Hulkbuster1
thor would not have done well against logan as WWH did

And to add insult to injury thor got Completely annihilated by Rogue a Female mutant still in training. laughing

PillarofOsiris
Originally posted by Hulkbuster1
And to add insult to injury thor got Completely annihilated by Rogue a Female mutant still in training. laughing

The hulk has been completely owned by a snake (twice), spiderman (3 times), captain America, BATMAN, a couple of human
Soldiers with gas, normal darts, bone clawed wolverine.... Let's stop there, you really don't want to play that game... Do you?

biensalsa
Same thing but Thor is not getting defeated by satellites, they will come up with something else.

Damborgson
Originally posted by The Sorrow
Ironically a portion of Hulk's power drained by the satellite was used to give Thor an amp in World War Hulks.

Well yeah....if you give more power to an existing power, the power increases correct?

Damborgson
Originally posted by biensalsa
Same thing but Thor is not getting defeated by satellites, they will come up with something else.

Yeah after a while they'd know surrender is their only option. http://images.killermovies.com/forums/customsmilies/haw-som.gif

Originally posted by The Sorrow

Well yeah. If you give more power to an existing power it would increase said power.

biensalsa
Yeah after a while they'd know surrender is their only option. http://images.killermovies.com/forums/customsmilies/haw-som.gif

Well yeah. If you give more power to an existing power it would increase said power.

It makes me think this is actually photoshop worth it.

Can You imagine Thor getting drained by satellites?

Hell, I was really enjoying WWH until the last issue, the lat issue killed all my dreams and expectations. sad

carver9
Yeah, a satellite that was prepped by Reed, Tony, Doctor, Strange and shield...some of the smartest beings on the planet. The shield satellite>>>the blast the UFOES hit Thor with.

carver9
The hulk has been completely owned by a snake (twice), spiderman (3 times), captain America, BATMAN, a couple of human
Soldiers with gas, normal darts, bone clawed wolverine.... Let's stop there, you really don't want to play that game... Do you?

When did WWH fight these people? Scans.

carver9
Originally posted by Horrificus
Thor is much more durable than WWH.

Healing Capabilities-
And, how do we know anything about his healing abilities?
How often has he walked around, injured, after a serious fight?
I can only remember 1 time, (not including the period where he could not heal and then fought the Midgard Serpent).

Godly Anatomy-
Thor is not human. He is not even a mutated human, like the Hulk.
Whether you want to say he is an actual "God", or an alien, or something from another dimension, it might not be correct to label him with human frailties.

To Kill Thor-
So, how do we know the bullets would kill him, even if he just stood there and took it? How many times has Thor died? What has it taken to kill him in the past?
We know that Hulk is constantly getting torn completely apart, fried flayed, gutted, etc. Things that would have killed him MANY times over, if he didn't have a healing factor.
The same cannot be said for Thor, yet he has fought at the same level and higher.

Adamantium Bullets-
What is the most terrible damage he has sustained, and lived? How many times have you seen his skin pierced? Would the adamantium bullets have enough speed/power to get through his skin, even if the adamantium is much stronger than his skin? Did they each have a "monomolecular edge", as Logan's claws supposedly are?

Controlling the Elements-
Thor has shown, over and over, that it does not take any concentration or inactivity from him to keep his weather effects going.
He starts em up and lets em rip, while he goes on about his business.
And, I believe he has also unleashed other natural forces as well.
He could easily do something that would keep the majority of an attack force very, very busy.

I can go on and on...

Logan Claws cut Thor and I do not think Logan strength is above the guns that was shooting at WWH. Thor getting hit by an explosion full of adamantium would most likely kills him.

By the way, Thor isn't more durable than WWH. Don't know where you got that from.

carver9
You're right, considering ONE OF THEM burned the Hulks flesh off and reduced him to skeleton, ALL OF THEN COMBINED, giving it "everything they have got", combined with the dark Avengers and Sentry, the hulk would have definitely done better.

When did the UFOES burn WWH flesh off? Scans.

Horrificus
Logan Claws cut Thor and I do not think Logan strength is above the guns that was shooting at WWH. Thor getting hit by an explosion full of adamantium would most likely kills him.

By the way, Thor isn't more durable than WWH. Don't know where you got that from. Logan is able to cut stuff that is so tough, even though he has adamantium claws, it would actually take much more strength/force/velocity to push the blades in than Logan has.

For example: Can you go grab a steak knife from your kitchen, then go outside and slice a tree in half with one strike?

The knife is made of a stronger substance than the tree, right?

But, you can't do it. This is because you are living in "reality". roll eyes (sarcastic)

The reason Logan can do this, supposedly, is because his blades have a "monomolecular" edge. Meaning, no matter how dense the material is, the edge of his claws should be able to slide between the molecules easier, so he doesn't need to force it as much as normal.

Marvel must have got this from Warhammer 40K, which has been using this for decades.

Anyway, if Logan's claws did not have this kind of edge, there would be no way he could cut 90% of the crap he cuts, including Thor and Hulk.

Unless the adamantium bullets have some kind of special monomolecular edge or something, or an incredible velocity, they should not be able to penetrate Thor's Godly hide.

As far as durability goes, I have seen Hulk damaged FAR worse than Thor has been. His healing factor pulls him out of it, but he still gets damaged to begin with. He's always walking around with no skin, his guts hanging out, cuts and holes all over and worse.

carver9
Logan is able to cut stuff that is so tough, even though he has adamantium claws, it would actually take much more strength/force/velocity to push the blades in than Logan has.

For example: Can you go grab a steak knife from your kitchen, then go outside and slice a tree in half with one strike?

The knife is made of a stronger substance than the tree, right?

But, you can't do it. This is because you are living in "reality". roll eyes (sarcastic)

The reason Logan can do this, supposedly, is because his blades have a "monomolecular" edge. Meaning, no matter how dense the material is, the edge of his claws should be able to slide between the molecules easier, so he doesn't need to force it as much as normal.

Marvel must have got this from Warhammer 40K, which has been using this for decades.

Anyway, if Logan's claws did not have this kind of edge, there would be no way he could cut 90% of the crap he cuts, including Thor and Hulk.

Unless the adamantium bullets have some kind of special monomolecular edge or something, or an incredible velocity, they should not be able to penetrate Thor's Godly hide.

As far as durability goes, I have seen Hulk damaged FAR worse than Thor has been. His healing factor pulls him out of it, but he still gets damaged to begin with. He's always walking around with no skin, his guts hanging out, cuts and holes all over and worse.

Lol...WTF?

Also, what has damaged WWH that wouldn't damage Thor?

Horrificus
Lol...WTF?

Also, what has damaged WWH that wouldn't damage Thor? Just off the top of my head, does this count?

Originally posted by Galan007
http://s4d4.turboimagehost.com/t/11690136_WWH_GC_3_DCP_0017.jpg http://s4d4.turboimagehost.com/t/11690137_WWH_GC_3_DCP_0019.jpg http://s4d4.turboimagehost.com/t/11690138_WWH_GC_3_DCP_0024.jpg http://s4d4.turboimagehost.com/t/11690139_WWH_GC_3_DCP_0025.jpg http://s4d4.turboimagehost.com/t/11690140_WWH_GC_3_DCP_0029.jpg http://s4d4.turboimagehost.com/t/11690142_WWH_GC_3_DCP_0031.jpg http://s4d4.turboimagehost.com/t/11690143_WWH_GC_3_DCP_0032.jpg http://s4d2.turboimagehost.com/t1/11690114_WWH_GC_3_DCP_0033.jpg

I know he was weakened, but, that was an attack. And, as usual, there is Hulk Blood everywhere. Ending with the well-known Hulk with another broken neck.

Mindset
Zom Strange beats him.

carver9
Just off the top of my head, does this count?

I know he was weakened, but, that was an attack. And, as usual, there is Hulk Blood everywhere. Ending with the well-known Hulk with another broken neck.

This is a lot worse imo.

http://s4d3.turboimagehost.com/t/11675403_11.jpg http://s4d3.turboimagehost.com/t/11675404_12.jpg http://s4d3.turboimagehost.com/t/11675405_15.jpg http://s4d3.turboimagehost.com/t/11675406_16.jpg http://s4d3.turboimagehost.com/t/11675407_17.jpg http://s4d3.turboimagehost.com/t/11675408_18.jpg http://s4d3.turboimagehost.com/t/11675409_20.jpg http://s4d3.turboimagehost.com/t/11675410_21.jpg http://s4d3.turboimagehost.com/t/11675411_22.jpg

Rage.Of.Olympus
Do you even know what happened in those scans? Some ancient nightmare monster that Odin locked away caused Thor to have hallucinations. Not exactly sure how that's a lot worse.

You guys were discussing durability, not sure how that's relevant. Thor comes off looking noticeably more durable than Hulk simply based on the fact that Jr. was so bloody during World War Hulk with this arc. For example:
http://www.comicsrecommended.com/images/artsamples/world-war-hulk-pic2.jpg

No way would Thing do that to Thor with a punch.

Anyways, the thread starter needs to clarify some things. If Thor comes back to Earth more pissed, cunning, and powerful than he's ever been in a long time along with allies and such, he rapes Earth a lot worse than Hulk does.

The Earth's heroes will know first hand how Noah felt.

carver9
Now let's compare what WWH did.

http://s3d2.turboimagehost.com/t/8319253_Incredible_Hulks_633_012-13.jpg http://s3d2.turboimagehost.com/t/8319255_Incredible_Hulks_633_014.jpg

http://s3d4.turboimagehost.com/t/8319296_Incredible_Hulks_633_019.jpg http://s3d4.turboimagehost.com/t/8319299_Incredible_Hulks_633_020.jpg http://s3d4.turboimagehost.com/t/8319302_Incredible_Hulks_633_021.jpg http://s3d4.turboimagehost.com/t/8319305_Incredible_Hulks_633_022.jpg

carver9
Do you even know what happened in those scans? Some ancient nightmare monster that Odin locked away caused Thor to have hallucinations. Not exactly sure how that's a lot worse.

You guys were discussing durability, not sure how that's relevant. Thor comes off looking noticeably more durable than Hulk simply based on the fact that Jr. was so bloody during World War Hulk with this arc. For example:
http://www.comicsrecommended.com/images/artsamples/world-war-hulk-pic2.jpg

No way would Thing do that to Thor with a punch.

Anyways, the thread starter needs to clarify some things. If Thor comes back to Earth more pissed, cunning, and powerful than he's ever been in a long time along with allies and such, he rapes Earth a lot worse than Hulk does.

The Earth's heroes will know first hand how Noah felt.

Lol...Thing punched Hulk in the face and Hulk stood there. What's wrong with that?

-Pr-

http://s3d2.turboimagehost.com/t/8319253_Incredible_Hulks_633_012-13.jpg http://s3d2.turboimagehost.com/t/8319255_Incredible_Hulks_633_014.jpg

http://s3d4.turboimagehost.com/t/8319296_Incredible_Hulks_633_019.jpg http://s3d4.turboimagehost.com/t/8319299_Incredible_Hulks_633_020.jpg http://s3d4.turboimagehost.com/t/8319302_Incredible_Hulks_633_021.jpg http://s3d4.turboimagehost.com/t/8319305_Incredible_Hulks_633_022.jpg

That's not from WWH.

Rage.Of.Olympus

Oh Carver, you fail even at lowballing. I see you didn't actually know what happened in those scans. I don't want to see those scans being misused again, I know how tempting lying is for you.

Also, Fraction covered Thor fighting a horde not to long ago again:
http://s4d2.turboimagehost.com/t/11538339_007.jpghttp://s4d2.turboimagehost.com/t/11538340_008.jpghttp://s4d2.turboimagehost.com/t/11538341_009.jpg

Lol...Thing punched Hulk in the face and Hulk stood there. What's wrong with that?

The bruising and blood.

Are you comparing overall damage soak or durability? There's an important distinction between the two.

psycho gundam
i just want carver to stop this shit.
might have to join the "carver busters" with roaul, the founding member.

abhilegend
Originally posted by psycho gundam
i just want carver to stop this shit.
might have to join the "carver busters" with roaul, the founding member.
You would fail too.

keiththegreat
A little off topic: Does anyone know if Thor and the hulk will fight in the avengers movie? I have a feeling thor's role in the movie will be to prove that the hulk is the strongest one there is.

Damborgson
A little off topic: Does anyone know if Thor and the hulk will fight in the avengers movie? I have a feeling thor's role in the movie will be to prove that the hulk is the strongest one there is.

yeah they fight. The spoilers are in the comic movie section

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.