JSA (pre-Reboot) vs. Avengers

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.

Mini Bennett
Justice Society:

- Captain Marvel (Freddy Freeman)
- Damage
- Green Lantern (Allen Scott)
- Flash (Jay Garrick)
- Mr. Terrific
- Power Girl
- Stargirl
- Wildcat (Thomas Bronson)

vs.

Avengers:

- Captain America (Bucky Barnes)
- Hawkeye
- Hulk
- Iron Man
- Ms. Marvel
- The Protector (Noh-Varr)
- Quicksilver
- Scarlet Witch (no House of M)
- Thor
- Wasp (Hank Pym).

Rules/Notes:

- Everyone is IC

- The fight takes place at the Grand Canyon.

Who wins and why?

JakeTheBank
Avengers.

Q99
Pretty close, but I lean JSA on more Herald levels.

Digi
It's Alan, not Allen.

Anyway, JSA. It may just come down to Alan vs. Thor, which is an odd fight to call, but I take Alan in it.

It's close otherwise. But once Alan's standing there, things go south for the Avengers.

JakeTheBank
Honestly, I think the likes of Pym, Stark, and Wanda swing it in favor for the Avengers.

Mini Bennett
Originally posted by JakeTheBank
Avengers.

Can I ask why, Jake?

JakeTheBank
Originally posted by Mini Bennett
Can I ask why, Jake?

I think the brain power behind the Avengers is incredibly exceptional and even barring HoM/Dissassembled feats, Wanda's hex powers are enough to be a game changer.

iceman24567
Avengers without a doubt

Q99
On the high level side, you've got Alan and Thor. Then you've got CM and Hulk. Finally you've got Power Girl and... Iron Man? Ms. Marvel? PG can likely handle both of them.

Damage is also really powerful as well.

Though it does occur to me Carol could amp up on damage if they fought... or if she fought Stargirl... if so, I'd swing it back to the Avenger.

abhilegend
Avengers.

JakeTheBank
Originally posted by Q99
On the high level side, you've got Alan and Thor. Then you've got CM and Hulk. Finally you've got Power Girl and... Iron Man? Ms. Marvel? PG can likely handle both of them.

Damage is also really powerful as well.

Though it does occur to me Carol could amp up on damage if they fought... or if she fought Stargirl... if so, I'd swing it back to the Avenger.

I really don't think Karen could take on both Tony and Carol at the same time.

iceman24567
I really don't think Karen could take on both Tony and Carol at the same time. Nah-Var is pretty tough too

CosmicComet
Speed kills, as usual.

Jay could speed steal from the one person even remotely close enough in speed to him, which is Pietro (not really close at all), let alone all the other slugs here.

Avengers would have stood a chance if Steve Rogers was in there instead of Bucky.

JakeTheBank
Originally posted by iceman24567
Nah-Var is pretty tough too

This, too.

He was able to hang in a bout against Sentry circa Dark Avengers.

JakeTheBank
Originally posted by CosmicComet
Speed kills, as usual.

Jay could speed steal from the one person even remotely close enough in speed to him, which is Pietro (not really close at all), let alone all the other slugs here.

Avengers would have stood a chance if Steve Rogers was in there instead of Bucky.

Are you suggesting Jay solos?

CosmicComet
Hell.

Yes.

http://www.lolbrary.com/content/975/come-at-me-frog-17975.gif
Come at me.

Mini Bennett
I think Jay is barely light-speed. Thor should be faster than him in that case.

If you want brain-power though, the JSA has Mr. Terrific.

CosmicComet
Thor's not faster than Wolverine or Hulk.

Basically, he's supersonic to low end hypersonic in reaction time. Like a lot of high end street guys.

JakeTheBank
Hell.

Yes.

http://www.lolbrary.com/content/975/come-at-me-frog-17975.gif
Come at me.

http://img522.imageshack.us/img522/1246/jerichocheapshotspipersh6.gif

Digi

Combat speed vs. flight speed. Learn it.

JakeTheBank

If you want brain-power though, the JSA has Mr. Terrific.

Jay's faster than Thor, but he's not faster than him to the point where Thor cannot attack him nor overwhelm him with strikes before Thor can muster a defense.

True, Holt is smart, but I'd put both Pym and Stark above him on their own, let alone the two of them on the same team.

JakeTheBank
Thor's not faster than Wolverine or Hulk.

Basically, he's supersonic to low end hypersonic in reaction time. Like a lot of high end street guys.

His best feats are above both of them.

Further more, Thor doesn't have to directly hit Jay with a flush punch or hammer strike/throw to mess him up. Not when he has AoE attacks to rely on and a weapon with the ability to home in on a target.

abhilegend
Here comes "lightspeed thor".

JakeTheBank
Originally posted by abhilegend
Here comes "lightspeed thor".

What do you mean by that?

Q99

True, Holt is smart, but I'd put both Pym and Stark above him on their own, let alone the two of them on the same team.

Mind you, Stark'll have to be busy on the physical side of the fight, and he'll be disadvantaged in that he cannot even *see* Holt (invisible to technology).

JakeTheBank
Originally posted by Q99
Mind you, Stark'll have to be busy on the physical side of the fight, and he'll be disadvantaged in that he cannot even *see* Holt (invisible to technology).

Stark might not be able to see him through his HUD, true, but Pym will be able to see him fine.

Prep-Man
If we're using last Alan Scott with full power of the Star Heart, he gives JSA the win.

abhilegend
What do you mean by that?
I'm just joking jake about someone claiming that thor is faster than jay.

JakeTheBank
Originally posted by abhilegend
I'm just joking jake about someone claiming that thor is faster than jay.

Ah okay.

Greysen93
Avengers have got it

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.