Thanos with Help vs Odin (Take 2)

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.

keiththegreat
Thanos
Graviton
Magneto with city sized chunk of adamantium
Worldbreaker Hulk
Red Hulk (Current)
Terrax
Vector
X-Ray
Classic Juggernaut
Gladiator

vs

Odin with Gungir

Fight is in a closed arena the size of the earth. No BFR.

PillarofOsiris
Besides Thanos, individually none of those guys can hurt Odin. But together with Thanos, Odin is going to have a little trouble winning, especially since he can't use BFR. I think skyfathers are given a little too much credit on this forum in general. Team can definitely win.

Horrificus
If it was Original Red Hulk, he might have something to offer as well.
If it was possible for him to be walking around with some nice, fresh Odin-Power, fresh from the Old man himself.

Juggernaut gets his power from an Odin-level source and that should be a factor. But, Odin would just do the same as Thor, hinder the power flow from Cyt. Or worse.

Odin ftw.

DickBlazer
If they ain't stroking fanboys thanos doesn't need help.....stop

golem370
World Breaker Hulk I would think could give Odin a fight as Thanos can the others would be a good distraction

red sabre
the team just cant win no one on this team aisde of thanos cant really hurt odin, if you want to add thanos some help give him another 1 or 2 trans level beings because throwing all kind of low to mid heralds will not help

red sabre
Originally posted by golem370
World Breaker Hulk I would think could give Odin a fight as Thanos can the others would be a good distraction

WBH vs odin = green scar vs zeus

keiththegreat
Thor has beaten a skyfather before. Are u saying this team can't ever?

red sabre
this is not a case of skyfathers as category there are different kind of skyfathers, this is odin we are talking about this guy is the peak of the skyfather category and no thor will never be able to beat odin not in a million years, only version of thor that can beat odin is RKT but that guy is a league of his own

Batman-Prime
Team stomps hard.

Silent Master
Odin wins

PillarofOsiris
Originally posted by Batman-Prime
Team stomps hard.

definitely not a stomp, but they can win.

red sabre
ok lets break in down how can this team hurt odin? how? he one shotted surfer and combined attacks from thanos and surfer didnt bother him at all, how a bunch of wana be heralds can take it to him? what will the juggernaut do? punch him? laughing

what will x ray do? give him cancer with some x ray vision?

gladiator? what he will do? bleed on odin to death? WBH? what will he do? hulk punch? Lol this is an elite skyfather that can destroy and recreate galaxies just for the laughs are you being serious? odin having his Gungir for this fight means he is serious because he pulls it out only when he is serious and if he is serious this fight is over within seconds

Stoic
In a comic, I can see this team win due to some plot madness, but in a forum setting I just don't see this team having the necessary power sets to counter Odins vast array of abilities, and would not argue with someone that explicitly knew or could recite all of the reasons that this team would fail, or fall short of the mark. Odin is not Galactus, and thus he would not weaken as the battle went on. This team however would continue to lose member after member until Odin stood alone on the battlefield.

keiththegreat
Originally posted by red sabre
ok lets break in down how can this team hurt odin? how? he one shotted surfer and combined attacks from thanos and surfer didnt bother him at all, how a bunch of wana be heralds can take it to him? what will the juggernaut do? punch him? laughing

what will x ray do? give him cancer with some x ray vision?

gladiator? what he will do? bleed on odin to death? WBH? what will he do? hulk punch? Lol this is an elite skyfather that can destroy and recreate galaxies just for the laughs are you being serious? odin having his Gungir for this fight means he is serious because he pulls it out only when he is serious and if he is serious this fight is over within seconds

You don't think Thanos could even HURT Odin?

red sabre
Originally posted by keiththegreat
You don't think Thanos could even HURT Odin?

when they fought he couldnt so why are we suppose to assume he can?

Silent Master
Most of the team will be gone after the first couple of attacks.

PillarofOsiris
when they fought he couldnt so why are we suppose to assume he can?

You make it sound like no one can even hurt anyone who is a tier of power above them. Thanos has hurt GALACTUS. Hell, Thor has hurt Galactus. Odin is above Thanos, there is no question about that, but to claim he can't even hurt him, I mean the Odin worship on this board is a little ridiculous to be honest.

red sabre
what couple attacks? if odin will release one of his weaker attacks like the one that took surfer out everybody aside of thanos and maybe WBH will be out , if he will release 1 serious attack this team is dead while thanos is on his knees

SuperiorTech
Originally posted by PillarofOsiris
You make it sound like no one can even hurt anyone who is a tier of power above them. Thanos has hurt GALACTUS. Hell, Thor has hurt Galactus. Odin is above Thanos, there is no question about that, but to claim he can't even hurt him, I mean the Odin worship on this board is a little ridiculous to be honest.

A few people going overboard does not constitute Odin worship the reason that Odin gets the kind of respect he gets on boards is because it is what he receives by marvel in comics.

red sabre

galactus is not a valid scale since first ofd all his power level changes all the time, and the guy jobs like crazy to top it all, we had a fight where thanos and odin fought and we clearly see thanos couldnt hurt odin no matter how he tried

PillarofOsiris
Granted Galactus isn't the best example, but then take Thor and Glory, Thor and the Chaos King, there are a ton more examples of HERALD LEVEL characters hurting skyfathers and above. Even beating them. Thanos is well beyond Herald, so I have no problem believing he can hurt Odin. Beating him one on one is another matter entirely. I wouldn't call this fight a stomp either way, and in a comic I would imagine this team would actually win. In a forum fight, I can see Odin getting a slight majority.

PillarofOsiris
Also, in all honesty, I think Odin's power levels currently are well below the days when he was destroying galaxies in his fights. (as I also think all skyfathers have been similarly depowered by Marvel). Think about how many skyfathers there are on every planet. then think of how many planets there are in Marvel. If they were all busting galaxies in their fights there'd be no universe left.

red sabre
i hear you and you are right about the overall subject however its very hard for me to ignore a straight up fight between the two where thanos just failed to inflict damage on odin

Slaanesh
that was the old Thanos..he has been upgraded since..there's no point on bringing up that fight anymore..

red sabre
didnt see anything impressive from new thanos to be honest, he got his balls blasted recently as i remember

Slaanesh
what are u talking about??

red sabre
Originally posted by Slaanesh
what are u talking about??

the children of the corn

Slaanesh
what?

red sabre
the children of the corn man, its all about the children of the corn

Slaanesh
ok no expression

Colossus-Big C
team stomps

red sabre
no they dont

Silent Master
It doesn't really matter how big the team is if 85-95% of them won't last longer than two hits.

bbrem123
but yea team wins

Silent Master
Not really.

red sabre
team doesnt win , but odin has 1 eye and what if the entire team will go for an eye gauge? the entire team is trying to gauge his last standing eye will the eye survive? will the eye survive????????????????or is the eye gona die???

Colossus-Big C
Originally posted by bbrem123
but yea team wins

Silent Master
Originally posted by Colossus-Big C

List the people on the team that can take more than 2 serious attacks, keep in mind that Surfer was ko'd by a casual blast.

bbrem123
this team is overkill to be honest

Colossus-Big C
that was PC Odin, post odin isnt a galaxy buster

red sabre
how about LT odin?

Silent Master
this team is overkill to be honest

List the people on the team that can take more than 2 serious attacks, keep in mind that Surfer was ko'd by a casual blast.

red sabre
this team just cant hurt odin , funniest thing is the OP could at least bring high heralds like thor or superman but instead those are all low to mid heralds Lol at gladiator or juggernaut hurting odin

Colossus-Big C
how about LT odin? what are you talking about?

red sabre
what are you talking about?

PC odin and LT Odin

bbrem123
Originally posted by Silent Master

haha come on now man...heralds have hurt skyfather beings on numerous occasions. Thor has hurt surtur berfore and he is in odins league. You cant just rely on low showing of surfer for all of your proof. Thanos has been upgraded as well as hulk.

Going by your logic WBH has never been hurt at his prime. So odin cant hurt him. Thanos cant even die either. How the hell is Odin gonna win this?

Silent Master
haha come on now man...heralds have hurt skyfather beings on numerous occasions. Thor has hurt surtur berfore and he is in odins league. You cant just rely on low showing of surfer for all of your proof. Thanos has been upgraded as well as hulk.

Going by your logic WBH has never been hurt at his prime. So odin cant hurt him. Thanos cant even die either. How the hell is Odin gonna win this?

Again, List the people on the team that can take more than 2 serious attacks, keep in mind that Surfer was ko'd by a casual blast.

iceman24567
Odin wins

bbrem123
Again, List the people on the team that can take more than 2 serious attacks, keep in mind that Surfer was ko'd by a casual blast.

keep in mind hulk has done the same to beings on surfers levels. So ur point?

bbrem123
classic juggs, thanos, WBH, along with mags causing problems

rotiart
Team wins. After this battle the Odin sleep lasts forever.

bbrem123
Originally posted by rotiart
Team wins. After this battle the Odin sleep lasts forever. thumb up

PillarofOsiris

The Odin wanking on this site is beyond epic. But still there are some problems with your argument. One, WBH has not only been hurt, he's been KILLED. Second, Odin could drain all the gamma radiation from WBH, much like Tony Stark's satellites did. So Odin has PLENTY of ways to win. Just because there's no BFR doesn't mean all he can do is fire energy blasts and punch. That being said, there is a lot of power on this team, despite people trying to dismiss them. Hell even Vector was able to burn the Hulk's flesh off of his bones. So there is a lot of fire power here.

Silent Master
keep in mind hulk has done the same to beings on surfers levels. So ur point?

No, he hasn't.

PillarofOsiris
No, he hasn't.

thumb up

bbrem123
The Odin wanking on this site is beyond epic. But still there are some problems with your argument. One, WBH has not only been hurt, he's been KILLED. Second, Odin could drain all the gamma radiation from WBH, much like Tony Stark's satellites did. So Odin has PLENTY of ways to win. Just because there's no BFR doesn't mean all he can do is fire energy blasts and punch. That being said, there is a lot of power on this team, despite people trying to dismiss them. Hell even Vector was able to burn the Hulk's flesh off of his bones. So there is a lot of fire power here.

WBH been killed? when? Dont think he will have the time to drain him in the first place with the rest of the team on him. To be honest I cant see WBH running out of juice ever. Im going by his last appearance tho.

Everyone is debating like its a 1v1 gauntlet and not a full team assaulting odin at once. But yea the odin wanking here is epic definitely epic.

bbrem123
No, he hasn't. ? did u not see the 3 amp heralds get vaporized by him? Hulk didnt even notice there attacks previous to that either.

Say WBH is a non threat is foolish

Silent Master
? did u not see the 3 amp heralds get vaporized by him? Hulk didnt even notice there attacks previous to that either.

Say WBH is a non threat is foolish

What heralds got vaporized by a casual attack?

PillarofOsiris
WBH been killed? when? Dont think he will have the time to drain him in the first place with the rest of the team on him. To be honest I cant see WBH running out of juice ever. Im going by his last appearance tho.

Everyone is debating like its a 1v1 gauntlet and not a full team assaulting odin at once. But yea the odin wanking here is epic definitely epic.

He died from a planet-buster and then the wish brought him back to life. Odin's best shot here is to stop time, or pull out some of his more elaborate tricks. I would say this fight is pretty even, with a slight edge to Odin. Maybe 5.5/10. Anyone who thinks this is a stomp either way though is crazy. Maybe back in the days when Odin was wrecking galaxies, but that's not how skyfathers in Marvel work anymore.

bbrem123
What heralds got vaporized by a casual attack?

it wasnt even an attack...it was only the after shock of there attacks.

http://i1099.photobucket.com/albums/g386/psychogundam1/hulk4.jpg

http://i1099.photobucket.com/albums/g386/psychogundam1/hulk6.jpg

http://i1099.photobucket.com/albums/g386/psychogundam1/hulk7.jpg

bbrem123
He died from a planet-buster and then the wish brought him back to life. Odin's best shot here is to stop time, or pull out some of his more elaborate tricks. I would say this fight is pretty even, with a slight edge to Odin. Maybe 5.5/10. Anyone who thinks this is a stomp either way though is crazy. Maybe back in the days when Odin was wrecking galaxies, but that's not how skyfathers in Marvel work anymore.

where does it say he dies? unless i missed something

just because everybody else died doesnt mean he did...by what the panels showed it sure as hell doesnt look like he died.

Silent Master
it wasnt even an attack...it was only the after shock of there attacks.

http://i1099.photobucket.com/albums/g386/psychogundam1/hulk4.jpg

http://i1099.photobucket.com/albums/g386/psychogundam1/hulk6.jpg

http://i1099.photobucket.com/albums/g386/psychogundam1/hulk7.jpg

Which one of those are supposed to be anywhere near Surfer in durability?

BTW, the attack didn't even look close to casual.

bbrem123
Which one of those are supposed to be anywhere near Surfer in durability?

BTW, the attack didn't even look close to casual.

how can you even state that any attack is casual. thats all assumption on your part. I never said his were casual attacks.

iceman24567
how can you even state that any attack is casual. thats all assumption on your part. I never said his were casual attacks. You serious they had a full run at eachother that attack was anything but casual erm

bbrem123
i never said it was...im just saying that stating WBH is a non treat is foolish.

Didnt say he was gonna beat odin on his own. Hell no he couldnt.

PillarofOsiris
where does it say he dies? unless i missed something

just because everybody else died doesnt mean he did...by what the panels showed it sure as hell doesnt look like he died.

There are many reasons. Though I will say it's debatable whether he dies or not. Stranger says "No one here is going to survive, this is the END, Amadeus, and most important this is the end He wants"

bbrem123
death is the end he wants? or eternal battle with betty?

the Darkone
Odin slag this team period, to say the team has a chance against Odin is laughable laughing, this team is facing the top of the food chain of Sky fathers who is truly omniscient, omnipotent, time travel, stop time, controls all forms of energy and mystical,can amp at any time, that sh** aint happening in comics maybe still doubt it, but forum battle this team will feel the wrath of a Sky Father and their will be a lot of body bags.

Half this team will fold under the first attack from Odin, Thanos is only threat and he still no match for a elite Sky Father regardless if he had a upgrade which was only suited for the one time battle in the cancerverse. Odin tanked the combine blast of Thanos and Silver Surfer without a flinch, and one shotted a High end Herald, these guys will fall just the same Gladiator, Hulk,Graviton, Vector Magneto etc...

Juggernaut will get his magical abilities cut off and get get one shotted and beat down hooker on a street corner. Then will shove spear so far up Thanos ass, it will tickle his throat!!

Team meets death or the ICU

bbrem123
The Odin wanking on this site is beyond epic.

the Darkone
The Wanking against Odin is beyond comprehension

zeel
im curious to see what current thanos can do against odin. The rest of the team is fodder.

Stoic
Originally posted by zeel
im curious to see what current thanos can do against odin. The rest of the team is fodder.

So with all prejudgments aside, you really don't know how powerful Thanos was in his last showings right? Physically he could have actually been on the same level as he was when he fought Odin right?

Silent Master
Originally posted by iceman24567
You serious they had a full run at eachother that attack was anything but casual erm

By his logic, Thor's GB vs Galactuc was a casual attack.

the Darkone
Originally posted by Stoic
So with all prejudgments aside, you really don't know how powerful Thanos was in his last showings right? Physically he could have actually been on the same level as he was when he fought Odin right?

Heres the thing, Thanos was made even harder to kill permentaly when Death allowed him to return, he could very well be at the same power levels when he died but more durable, like when Drax hit Thanos with a Anti-Matter gernade Thanos regenerate right back and killed Drax again.

Thanos is more durable not nesscialry more powerful, not elite Sky father level power but trans level!!

Stoic
Originally posted by the Darkone
Heres the thing, Thanos was made even harder to kill permentaly when Death allowed him to return, he could very well be at the same power levels when he died but more durable, like when Drax hit Thanos with a Anti-Matter gernade Thanos regenerate right back and killed Drax again.

Thanos is more durable not nesscialry more powerful, not elite Sky father level power but trans level!!

Even his durability is in question, since the grenade actually did reduce him to a skeleton. I just did not see how anyone can viably state that he was physically more imposing than he was when he fought Odin. I mean where is the proof? I do recognize that he was given power over the canerverse entities, but that does not automatically give him power over Odin, or characters outside of those that existed in the cancerverse. You see what I'm getting at?

Endless Mike
Fin Fang Foom is Herald level now?

Nihilist
Even his durability is in question, since the grenade actually did reduce him to a skeleton. I just did not see how anyone can viably state that he was physically more imposing than he was when he fought Odin. I mean where is the proof? I do recognize that he was given power over the canerverse entities, but that does not automatically give him power over Odin, or characters outside of those that existed in the cancerverse. You see what I'm getting at? *sigh* it was stated several times he was weak when killed by the grenade.

It was clear he was more powerfull, he easily pwnd a guy that owned Surfer and Nova together and would have killed all the Annihilator in one blast(if Quasar hadnt of saved them)

the Darkone
Even his durability is in question, since the grenade actually did reduce him to a skeleton. I just did not see how anyone can viably state that he was physically more imposing than he was when he fought Odin. I mean where is the proof? I do recognize that he was given power over the canerverse entities, but that does not automatically give him power over Odin, or characters outside of those that existed in the cancerverse. You see what I'm getting at?

No I agree with you, if anything Thanos was death avatar and a homing beacon for her to enter the cancerverse universe and destroy it from within, Thanos could be hurt but never put down permanently, Thanos had the ability to kill the beings from cancerverse permanently with the help of death not from his own powers, Thanos never showed me he was on Odin level at all, just a better schemer and that's about it. People assume what he did in the cancerverse is a guarantee win against Odin, if anything he will be a repeat of their first battle and this time there will be nothing to stop Odin from opening a can of whoop a$$ on Thanos.

Horrificus
Originally posted by SuperiorTech
A few people going overboard does not constitute Odin worship the reason that Odin gets the kind of respect he gets on boards is because it is what he receives by marvel in comics. This is true.

There is a line between "Fan-Boyism" and Respect.

Odin deserves the highest level of respect, due to consistency, feats and battle record.

abhilegend
Split.

the Darkone
Originally posted by Horrificus
This is true.

There is a line between "Fan-Boyism" and Respect.

Odin deserves the highest level of respect, due to consistency, feats and battle record.

thumb up

It wont be a split, who ever thinks that got "Fan-Boyism" on the highest level, Thanos defeated a trans level being as where Odin defeats his peers!!

Stoic
Originally posted by Nihilist
*sigh* it was stated several times he was weak when killed by the grenade.

It was clear he was more powerfull, he easily pwnd a guy that owned Surfer and Nova together and would have killed all the Annihilator in one blast(if Quasar hadnt of saved them)

You obviously didn't see what I was getting at. I wasn't writing about Herald this and that, but about Thanos against a Sky Father that has feats that allow him to walk amongst low level abstracts like Galactus. Thanos simply never convinced me that he was on this level. this wasn't me taking anything away from the Titan, because he is very powerful, but he and this rag tag team aren't beating Odin.

Endless Mike
Well to be fair, that was an antimatter weapon - it doesn't really matter how tough you are, if your body is made of matter then antimatter will **** you up.

abhilegend
Originally posted by Endless Mike
Well to be fair, that was an antimatter weapon - it doesn't really matter how tough you are, if your body is made of matter then antimatter will **** you up.
Heralds have survived anti matter before.

Endless Mike
Yeah but I usually attribute that to using their powers to make a forcefield/local physics alteration to defend from it, IIRC old pruneface was taken by surprise.

abhilegend
Yeah but I usually attribute that to using their powers to make a forcefield/local physics alteration to defend from it, IIRC old pruneface was taken by surprise.
Maybe or maybe not. Characters have survived antimatter without any force field before. That was a low feat for thanos.

Endless Mike
Without any visible/apparent forcefield, you mean...

abhilegend
Without any visible/apparent forcefield, you mean...
Yeah, I mean exactly that. Take SBP as an example.

Endless Mike
Kryptonians have an invisible bioaura shield thing...

NemeBro
SBP isn't a herald though.

Endless Mike
He was Herald of the Anti-Monitor stick out tongue

abhilegend
Kryptonians have an invisible bioaura shield thing...
C'mon mike, PC kryptonians didn't have an aura to protect them.

The Sorrow
Going with the team, that is a lot of fire power to overcome.

the Darkone
Originally posted by The Sorrow
Going with the team, that is a lot of fire power to overcome.

What the f**k? are u smoking, this team falls in comparisons too Odin's power!

Odin will tear them apart regardless where the battle at, this team will not last 10 min, only one that will be standing will be Thanos everybody else falls hard!!

You cant compare anybody on this team too Odin power, versatility, range etc they get blitz into oblivion!!!

Endless Mike
Originally posted by abhilegend
C'mon mike, PC kryptonians didn't have an aura to protect them.

SBP wasn't a PC Kryptonian. He was supposed to be in terms of level of power and such but he wasn't exactly the same.

abhilegend
SBP wasn't a PC Kryptonian. He was supposed to be in terms of level of power and such but he wasn't exactly the same.
Yeah, right. Even superman doesn't have a bio-aura after IC.

Silent Master
One serious AOE attack and most of the team would be either down or stunned and easy targets for a follow-up attack.

Horrificus
Kryptonians have an invisible bioaura shield thing... It's called a "smell".

wink

The Sorrow
What the f**k? are u smoking, this team falls in comparisons too Odin's power!

Odin will tear them apart regardless where the battle at, this team will not last 10 min, only one that will be standing will be Thanos everybody else falls hard!!

You cant compare anybody on this team too Odin power, versatility, range etc they get blitz into oblivion!!!
Thanos lasted longer than 10 minutes by himself. And yes obviously Odin would beat each individually, hell he could win this fight, but with a team this powerful he can't take them lightly. Odin has low feats like everyone else.

the Darkone
Originally posted by The Sorrow
Thanos lasted longer than 10 minutes by himself. And yes obviously Odin would beat each individually, hell he could win this fight, but with a team this powerful he can't take them lightly. Odin has low feats like everyone else.

Like what?? Odin will sh** stop this team, Thanos will not be a threat to Odin more like a pain in the a$$ but thats it. Odin can reduce them to a pile of ash before they can lift a finger, you are grasping at straws, is the team powerful yeah, Odin b***h slap them into a coma!!

Terrax one shot dead
Gladiator one shot dead
Gravitron one shot dead
Red Hulk =Zeus beat down
Hulk Dead==Zeus beat down
Magneto Dead, Dead
Vector begs for mecry then dies
Xray dies
Juggernaut shield gets cancel, Odin reduces him to ash!!

Thanos will be the last one standing not for long, nothing will stop Odin from kick Thanos balls up to his mouth!!

Stoic
Like what?? Odin will sh** stop this team, Thanos will not be a threat to Odin more like a pain in the a$$ but thats it. Odin can reduce them to a pile of ash before they can lift a finger, you are grasping at straws, is the team powerful yeah, Odin b***h slap them into a coma!!

Terrax one shot dead
Gladiator one shot dead
Gravitron one shot dead
Red Hulk =Zeus beat down
Hulk Dead==Zeus beat down
Magneto Dead, Dead
Vector begs for mecry then dies
Xray dies
Juggernaut shield gets cancel, Odin reduces him to ash!!

Thanos will be the last one standing not for long, nothing will stop Odin from kick Thanos balls up to his mouth!!

All of that is pretty much uncalled for, as Odin could simply send them all away to some pocket universe without really breaking a sweat. This battle would never once have to become physical.

Stoic
And yes I do realize that BFR is off, I was just thinking in a real life scenario, with Odin being able to use all of his powers, that this is basically a no contest.

quanchi112
Thanos solos.

Silent Master
If Thanos tried to fight Odin solo, he'd get his butt kicked.

the Darkone
If Thanos tried to fight Odin solo, he'd get his butt kicked.

With no Vaseline big grin !

Thanos solos, thats some funny sh**, I like Thanos that sh** aint happening anytime in our life time!! Odin solos, he has a new b***h in Thanos!!

Colossus-Big C
http://media.comicvine.com/uploads/5/51954/1118883-thor_291_12_super.jpg http://media.comicvine.com/uploads/5/51954/1118885-thor_291_17_super.jpg

Stoic
Originally posted by quanchi112
Thanos solos.

No

http://media.comicvine.com/uploads/5/51954/1118883-thor_291_12_super.jpg http://media.comicvine.com/uploads/5/51954/1118885-thor_291_17_super.jpg

Using Father vs Son scans often show the stronger of the two taking it easy on the weaker one if the two care about each other, so it's not really something that should be used to gauge either of them since they would be holding back.

quanchi112
If Thanos tried to fight Odin solo, he'd get his butt kicked. Wishful thinking on your part.Originally posted by Stoic
No

Using Father vs Son scans often show the stronger of the two taking it easy on the weaker one if the two care about each other, so it's not really something that should be used to gauge either of them since they would be holding back. You don't know enough about either character to really even weigh in here.

Silent Master
Thanos trying to fight Odin solo = Thanos getting his butt kicked.

iceman24567
Odin still

Nihilist
You obviously didn't see what I was getting at. I wasn't writing about Herald this and that, but about Thanos against a Sky Father that has feats that allow him to walk amongst low level abstracts like Galactus. Thanos simply never convinced me that he was on this level. this wasn't me taking anything away from the Titan, because he is very powerful, but he and this rag tag team aren't beating Odin. Fair enough, but you did say that you didnt think had any sort of power up in terms of durability or general power, when in fact it was pretty clear he did.

The examples i named plus, he survived the cancerverse sword plunged through his heart which Marvell asked to be empowered the the Gods of the Canncerverse.

quanchi112
Thanos trying to fight Odin solo = Thanos getting his butt kicked. Wishful thinking.

Silent Master
No, the comics showed Thanos getting his butt kicked.

quanchi112
No, the comics showed Thanos getting his butt kicked. No, the comics showed Odin unable to do so preupgrade.

Silent Master
Incorrect, the comics showed Thanos getting his butt kicked.

quanchi112
Incorrect, the comics showed Thanos getting his butt kicked. Thanos was fine. You need to reread the comic.

JayDaDon
Really thanos is the only threat here. The rest can be mind raped into oblivion or destroyed with one attack. With juggernaut he'd have to get a bit creative but there are tons of things Odin could do to defeat him.

red sabre
No

Using Father vs Son scans often show the stronger of the two taking it easy on the weaker one if the two care about each other, so it's not really something that should be used to gauge either of them since they would be holding back.

as much as i like odin and know he would wreck thor if they fight more seriously lets give thor his credit, it doesnt change the fact thor blast took odin off his feet and made him kneel, and it doesnt change the fact thor overpowered odin physically and was able to bulldog him backwards

Silent Master
Thanos was fine. You need to reread the comic.

Thanos got his butt kicked.

dmills
I just don't get why people want to force this match to work out in Thanos' favor.

Colossus-Big C
Originally posted by dmills
I just don't get why people want to force this match to work out in Thanos' favor. thumb down

JakeTheBank
I just don't get why people want to force this match to work out in Thanos' favor.

I know why.

http://2.bp.blogspot.com/-9Ml_HqDxWX4/T2t_Epa31aI/AAAAAAAAA28/Z8yCp7KAzHc/s1600/black-wrestler-gif-smiling.gif

Silent Master

They're upset that Odin kicked his butt in the comics.

Stoic
Wishful thinking on your part. You don't know enough about either character to really even weigh in here.

You don't know enough about me to even make this claim.

as much as i like odin and know he would wreck thor if they fight more seriously lets give thor his credit, it doesnt change the fact thor blast took odin off his feet and made him kneel, and it doesnt change the fact thor overpowered odin physically and was able to bulldog him backwards

Right. You also have to realize that it's his son, and that Odin could crush Thor like a flea if he wanted. Look at it this way, Odin flexed and broke out of Thanos' force block, whereas Thor was unable to break out. There is a large gap in power.

Horrificus
I actually think it takes away from the quality of Thanos as a character and a threat, to give him as much power as some fans want to give him.

The point to the very existence of Thanos always seemed to be his ability to succeed with the goals which each story places in his sights. It was never supposed to be him being so tough that he can defeat any other character at a moments notice.

It meant that, if Thanos has a plan, and you are an obstacle in his way, there is a very good chance you were going to go down. Maybe, not in combat, but one way or another, at some time or another, the obstacle had to be removed.

In a case like this, where the story calls for Thanos, in some way, to defeat some character like Odin, as long as it didn't call for personal combat, one on one, there is a good possibility that Thanos would overcome.

But, to just call for Thanos to ALWAYS have the upper-hand, power-wise, is a waste of "Thanos", and a misunderstanding of why he was created.

quanchi112
You don't know enough about me to even make this claim.

Right. You also have to realize that it's his son, and that Odin could crush Thor like a flea if he wanted. Look at it this way, Odin flexed and broke out of Thanos' force block, whereas Thor was unable to break out. There is a large gap in power. I've read enough posts to know.

quanchi112
Thanos got his butt kicked. You're a known liar.

Silent Master
The comic clearly shows Thanos getting his butt kicked.

quanchi112
The comic clearly shows Thanos getting his butt kicked. No, it doesn't. It clearly shows a pretty much even fight with Odin getting a slight advantage due to the duration of time under a gungir blast.

Stoic
No, it doesn't. It clearly shows a pretty much even fight with Odin getting a slight advantage due to the duration of time under a gungir blast.

Actually you're a known liar, and Thanos got worked, not the other way around. Pretty much even is when two guys slug it out and neither go down like Thanos did. Thanos was on his knees not Odin. Thanos had his armor turned to rags, not Odin. Anyone with a reasonable mindset knows that Thanos did not tie, and did not win that fight, Odin did.

quanchi112
Actually you're a known liar, and Thanos got worked, not the other way around. Pretty much even is when two guys slug it out and neither go down like Thanos did. Thanos was on his knees not Odin. Thanos had his armor turned to rags, not Odin. Anyone with a reasonable mindset knows that Thanos did not tie, and did not win that fight, Odin did. Stoic, I get that you want to share your opinion but you really don't have the breadth of knowledge I do. Thanos didn't get his butt kicked. It's that simple. Thanos was knocked down and he got back up again. I guess if someone gets knocked down they got their butt kicked in your twisted world. Standstill. Thanos also didn't want to murder Odin. Context, noob.

the Darkone
Odin won the that fight, as a Thanos fan I can accept that, but most won't and come up with some BS analogy too boost Thanos too a level he is not on, I was guilty of this myself I'm man enough to admit that. Thanos is not in Odin league of power period, if anybody else does they the point on Thanos character like horrific stated, Thanos is a schemer one of the best in comics.

quanchi112
Odin won the that fight, as a Thanos fan I can accept that, but most won't and come up with some BS analogy too boost Thanos too a level he is not on, I was guilty of this myself I'm man enough to admit that. Thanos is not in Odin league of power period, if anybody else does they the point on Thanos character like horrific stated, Thanos is a schemer one of the best in comics. He is the greatest schemer in all of comics and definitely has the power level to take down Odin.

Endless Mike
He is the greatest schemer in all of comics

http://30.media.tumblr.com/tumblr_lobu1lOoZM1qzgu2jo1_400.png

the Darkone
Odin mops the floor with this team, and beats down Thanos! Odin holds back the full power of the Odin force, if Odin decides to cut lose Thanos is f**ked period. Thanos doesn't have the power to even budge Odin, as Odin can knock his a$$ on the other side of the planet.

roughrider
This thread is a general admission that Thanos can't take Odin by himself. That is in itself victory enough for the Allfather! thumb up

quanchi112
http://30.media.tumblr.com/tumblr_lobu1lOoZM1qzgu2jo1_400.png Lucy would get worked over worse than when Fenris had him kill his own brother. Originally posted by roughrider
This thread is a general admission that Thanos can't take Odin by himself. That is in itself victory enough for the Allfather! thumb up No, it certainly is not. Thanos would beat Odin.

Horrificus
Originally posted by keiththegreat
Thanos
Graviton
Magneto with city sized chunk of adamantium
Worldbreaker Hulk
Red Hulk (Current)
Terrax
Vector
X-Ray
Classic Juggernaut
Gladiator

vs

Odin with Gungir

Fight is in a closed arena the size of the earth. No BFR.
As "Devil's Advocate"-
I guess, theoretically...

1. Thanos has his team fashion the city-sized chunk of adamantium into a gigantic form of indestructible battle armor. The construct is dubbed, "the Thanatar".
(It resembles Thanos, but for some reason, he has done away with the wrinkly chin and has not brought back the "pointy shoulder-pads".) big grin

2. Thanos takes his place at the heart of the construct. besides him, are X-Ray and Juggernaut.

3. X-Ray provides an additional Gamma-Source for Red Hulk and WBH.

4. Thanos has telepathically enabled Juggernaut to expand his field to encompass the Thanatar.

5. From a relatively safe distance, Vector, Graviton and Magneto provide the locomotion flight and other forms of movement for the immense, vastly massive indestructible object.

6. Telepathically, Thanos instructs Vector, Graviton and Magneto to act in concert, providing a "seemless" source of movement for the Thanatar.

7. Thanos also channels the powers of these three, along with his own might, through the Thanatar as offensive measures.

8. At the correct moment, when the battle has joined, up-close and personal, Red Hulk and WBH, (boosted to the "Nth level" of power by X-Ray), are expelled from the construct, directly into Odin's face.
This is more to add as a hindrance than a possibility to defeat or harm Odin. But, who knows?

9. Acting as "reserve troops", Gladiator and Terrax remain undetected, uninvolved and out of the picture. Terrax may even have the ability to keep himself and Gladiator outside of "real space" and safe from detection by Odin.

10. When given the telepathic signal from Thanos, both shall use their universe-traveling speed to swoop in and grab Gungnir.
Of course, this depends upon the "right moment" presenting itself.

11. If successful, if possible, Gungnir is brought back to the "heart" of the Thanatar.
Although Gungnir does not increase Odin's power, it is known to focus it.
It is also known to be less "picky" about who uses it, than Mjolnir.

12. Once at the heart of the Thanatar, IF everything works the way Thanos has planned, he telepathically guides his team, (whomever is still surviving) to focus their energy upon Thanos and Gungnir.

13. All energy from Team Thanos is focused and directed at Odin.

Or not. big grin

TheMask
The fanboyism in this place is pathetic i made a thread were thanos was up against anime frieza and most people said thanos wins. I guess if someone makes a thread were its thanos vs God its 99 percent people gonna say THanos wins lol re fking diculous.

TheMask
Originally posted by Horrificus
As "Devil's Advocate"-
I guess, theoretically...

1. Thanos has his team fashion the city-sized chunk of adamantium into a gigantic form of indestructible battle armor. The construct is dubbed, "the Thanatar".
(It resembles Thanos, but for some reason, he has done away with the wrinkly chin and has not brought back the "pointy shoulder-pads".) big grin

2. Thanos takes his place at the heart of the construct. besides him, are X-Ray and Juggernaut.

3. X-Ray provides an additional Gamma-Source for Red Hulk and WBH.

4. Thanos has telepathically enabled Juggernaut to expand his field to encompass the Thanatar.

5. From a relatively safe distance, Vector, Graviton and Magneto provide the locomotion flight and other forms of movement for the immense, vastly massive indestructible object.

6. Telepathically, Thanos instructs Vector, Graviton and Magneto to act in concert, providing a "seemless" source of movement for the Thanatar.

7. Thanos also channels the powers of these three, along with his own might, through the Thanatar as offensive measures.

8. At the correct moment, when the battle has joined, up-close and personal, Red Hulk and WBH, (boosted to the "Nth level" of power by X-Ray), are expelled from the construct, directly into Odin's face.
This is more to add as a hindrance than a possibility to defeat or harm Odin. But, who knows?

9. Acting as "reserve troops", Gladiator and Terrax remain undetected, uninvolved and out of the picture. Terrax may even have the ability to keep himself and Gladiator outside of "real space" and safe from detection by Odin.

10. When given the telepathic signal from Thanos, both shall use their universe-traveling speed to swoop in and grab Gungnir.
Of course, this depends upon the "right moment" presenting itself.

11. If successful, if possible, Gungnir is brought back to the "heart" of the Thanatar.
Although Gungnir does not increase Odin's power, it is known to focus it.
It is also known to be less "picky" about who uses it, than Mjolnir.

12. Once at the heart of the Thanatar, IF everything works the way Thanos has planned, he telepathically guides his team, (whomever is still surviving) to focus their energy upon Thanos and Gungnir.

13. All energy from Team Thanos is focused and directed at Odin.

Or not. big grin

Devils advocate also. Odin looks at the team and loses his temper, and see's thanos and says, IM SO SICK OF YOU BEING A THREAT TO THIS UNIVERSE DIE, and unleashes his full power on the entire team destroying everyone except someone like juggernaut who cant be harmed, but juggernaut is probably buried under so much rubble he cant help thanos any longer. Then Thanos is left alone and Odin doesnt give Thanos time to even break a sweat and kills him in a matter of minutes.

golem370
Then Death would more then likely bring him back and Thanos would be at Odin door again.

TheMask
Originally posted by golem370
Then Death would more then likely bring him back and Thanos would be at Odin door again.

Then this is a pretty pointless fight then isnt it?

PillarofOsiris
Originally posted by TheMask
Devils advocate also. Odin looks at the team and loses his temper, and see's thanos and says, IM SO SICK OF YOU BEING A THREAT TO THIS UNIVERSE DIE, and unleashes his full power on the entire team destroying everyone except someone like juggernaut who cant be harmed, but juggernaut is probably buried under so much rubble he cant help thanos any longer. Then Thanos is left alone and Odin doesnt give Thanos time to even break a sweat and kills him in a matter of minutes.

Odin can negate Jugg's enchantment first.

Endless Mike
Lucy would get worked over worse than when Fenris had him kill his own brother.

...That's John Constantine roll eyes (sarcastic)

TheMask
Odin can negate Jugg's enchantment first.

Has he done it? Ive only heard of him attacking juggs but not hurting him.

PillarofOsiris
Originally posted by TheMask
Has he done it? Ive only heard of him attacking juggs but not hurting him.

Thor has done it. And considering that Thor gets his power from Odin, I'd say it's pretty much a fact that Odin could too.

quanchi112
...That's John Constantine roll eyes (sarcastic) So now since you have conceded Thanos would have Lucy as his bytch now you want Constantine to go against Thanos ? Constantine would lose his pride just the same to Lord Thanos.

Endless Mike
Um, no. Lucifer owns Thanos, and given a bit of prep Constantine owns him too.

quanchi112
Um, no. Lucifer owns Thanos, and given a bit of prep Constantine owns him too. Fenris outprepped him. Thanos would have a field day. Lucy doesn't have anywhere near the competition Thanos faces in his universe.

<< THERE IS MORE FROM THIS THREAD HERE >>