Which do you think is best, Captain America or Thor?

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.

C-3POTheClever
Mine's Captain America!

the ninjak
I've read many more Thor comics throughout the years so mines Thor.

Patient_Leech
Captain America sucked. Thor was pretty good. Both were extremely silly, though.

marwash22
Originally posted by the ninjak
I've read many more Thor comics throughout the years so mines Thor. i think the OP meant which movie do you think is better, no comic or character.Originally posted by Patient_Leech
Captain America sucked. Thor was pretty good. Both were extremely silly, though. silly in what way?

Manchub
Thor has all of Norse mythology at his fingertips. Captain America has Bucky.

Enough said.

siriuswriter
Captain America is squeaky clean.
Thor is more of a rebel.

Thor for me.

Patient_Leech
Originally posted by marwash22
silly in what way?

Do I really need to point it out? People with super powers running around in silly costumes..

marwash22
Originally posted by Patient_Leech
Do I really need to point it out? People with super powers running around in silly costumes.. lol. m'kay.

ares834
Do I really need to point it out? People with super powers running around in silly costumes..

Sounds like you're describing the Necromongers. wink

Patient_Leech
Originally posted by ares834
Sounds like you're describing the Necromongers. wink

Heh, Necros may have a hint of silly, but they are also badass. stick out tongue Silly isn't an inherently bad thing. The Fifth Element is a good example of great silliness.

the ninjak
i think the OP meant which movie do you think is better, no comic or character.

I enjoyed Thor more. Funnier. More Epic. Better Dialogue.

Kazenji
lol. m'kay.

Yeah ignore kinda him for some things

Patient Leech is like that things are either silly or funny to him.

-Pr-
Thor was the movie I preferred, but I thought Captain America was technically the better movie.

NemeBro
Heh, Necros may have a hint of silly, but they are also badass. stick out tongue Silly isn't an inherently bad thing. The Fifth Element is a good example of great silliness. Thor and Captain America are more badass than any ***** ass Necromonger.

Anyway, I preferred Thor.

Flyattractor
I liked Cap's movie better but Thor's Loki was a better villian then The Red Skull IMO.

Kazenji
Should've made Red Skull alot more menacing and also go over his background somehow getting taught by Hitler.

Darth Martin
Thor is easily a better film. Captain America's action is too weak. Plus, I'm not a huge fan of what they did with Hydra and Red Skull.

Patient_Leech
Originally posted by Kazenji
Yeah ignore kinda him for some things

Patient Leech is like that things are either silly or funny to him.

cry *Runs off crying* I'm gonna tell my mommy!!! mad

I'd be happy to tutor you on sentence structure and punctuation, Kazenj. 'Cause it looks like you desperately need some help.

Originally posted by Kazenji
Should've made Red Skull alot more menacing and also go over his background somehow getting taught by Hitler.

I agree. Hugo Weaving as Red Skull sounded sooo promising, but it ending up being soooo disappointing, thanks to the shitty director who brought us Jumanji. It still boggles my mind that Captain America got such good reviews. The first half was solid, but it went down hill after that with bad dialogue and anti-climactic action.

janus77
Thor was a fine movie, entertaining and somewhat grown-up.
Captain America was dull and turgid from the start, can't believe I sat through that.

Greysen93
I think they're both great, but I liked Thor a little more

Myth
Captain America movie for me. The whole intro of him as a scrawny guy with heart was better than anything that came from the Thor movie. Thor was OK, but it was too silly for me, and I get bored by characters who are uber powerful and don't have much weaknesses (much like Superman).

Kazenji
cry *Runs off crying* I'm gonna tell my mommy!!! mad

I'd be happy to tutor you on sentence structure and punctuation, Kazenj. 'Cause it looks like you desperately need some help.

Shut the hell up grammer nazi

not like your going to gain points for it.

Arachnid1
I voted for Thor. I just liked his evolution throughout it. He started off as a cocky spoiled brat but eventually learned to take a more humble and appreciative view on life. Plus, I liked the story. I think it's funny that both he and Cap have managed to save the/a planet, but Iron Man hasn't (after 2 movies).

marwash22
imo, Thor was the better movie overall, but that last 5 minutes of Cap got me really pumped.

roughrider
It's a pretty close comparison; both did their jobs really effectively, and have a uniform feeling even though one is set in WW2 and the other in fantasy territory. I guess it's Thor by a nose for me.

Best Avengers movies in order:

The Avengers
Iron Man
Thor
Captain America
Iron Man 2
The Incredible Hulk

Arachnid1
imo, Thor was the better movie overall, but that last 5 minutes of Cap got me really pumped. This is pretty much my opinion. That ending was freakin awesome.

Myth
Originally posted by roughrider
It's a pretty close comparison; both did their jobs really effectively, and have a uniform feeling even though one is set in WW2 and the other in fantasy territory. I guess it's Thor by a nose for me.

Best Avengers movies in order:

The Avengers
Iron Man
Thor
Captain America
Iron Man 2
The Incredible Hulk

My order is drastically different:

Avengers
Iron Man

Incredible Hulk
Captain America
Thor

Iron Man 2

C-3POTheClever
Originally posted by Myth
My order is drastically different:

Avengers
Iron Man

Incredible Hulk
Captain America
Thor

Iron Man 2
Mine is bellow. haven't seen Avengers so I can't include that one.

Captain America
Incredible Hulk
Iron Man
Thor

marwash22
Avengers
Iron Man
Thor
Incredible Hulk
Iron Man 2
Captain America

ares834
Mine is quite similar to Marwash's.

Avengers (by far)
Iron Man
Thor
Incredible Hulk
Captain America
Iron Man 2

Really though, almost all of the MCU films have been good.

Mr Parker
Originally posted by C-3POTheClever
Mine's Captain America!

Its mine as well but just barely.I love them both a lot.I only put in a vote for Cap because they paid homage to his original costume.That was a cool thing to do.

C-3POTheClever
Now that I've seen the Avengers, I'd place that @ the top of my list now too.

C-3POTheClever
My new list is bellow!
The Avengers
Captain America
The Incredible Hulk
Iron Man 2
Iron Man
Thor

rudester
NO C>A hes the man to beat..

http://www.usmagazine.com/uploads/assets/photo_galleries/hot_pics_galleries/1860-captain-america/1270222602_evans-g.jpg

the ninjak
Avengers.
Ironman.
Thor.
Captain America.
Ironman 2.
Incredible Hulk.

Aaliyah
Caption America Movie is related to Action Movie, Really very enjoy to Watch Caption America Movie. Caption America is my Favorite Movie....

juggerman
Avengers
Ironman
Incredible Hulk
Captain America
Thor

Iron Man 2

DARTH POWER
For me it's Thor by far. Even though I respect Cap for being respectful to the comic origin story, the movie just didn't excite me.

As for my order of MCU movies:

Iron Man
Avengers
Thor
Incredible Hulk

Iron Man 2
Captain America.

Yes I've put the Original Iron Man above Avengers. That's the movie that started them all off, and will be remembered as a Classic IMO.

maheshbalan
Its Ironman (robert Downey) steals the show...

Ascendancy
Can't believe Thor stomped in this poll. I thought Captain did a much better job of keeping a comic book feel throughout the film. Thor stagnated hard anytime Thor was hanging around with the humans. Cap for the win.

C-3POTheClever
Originally posted by Flyattractor
I liked Cap's movie better but Thor's Loki was a better villian then The Red Skull IMO. I agree with you there! Loki's just awsome!

Newjak
ON personal level Thor. He's one of my favorite characters and I loved how they portrayed him in the movie.

I liked the beginning of Captain America while he is is the process of getting the SSS.

I liked the very ending of Cap cause it got me excited for the Avengers.

I liked the beginning of Thor cause I enjoyed watching Thor unleashed on the big screen!!!

I also liked the ending to Thor.

I also liked how they portrayed Asgard it was just awesome to see.

I liked the supporting characters for both minus one or two exceptions.

The villains were a no contest to me. Loki was by far the better villain imo. In some ways I actually don't like how he got beat the Avengers. It was funny as hell but I felt it kind of cheapened the character some.

Hugo Weaving as the Red Skull I thought was gonna be a perfect fit, and in the beginning I thought he was gonna deliver but than he kind of flamed out as the movie went along.

I-Drop
Thor was better

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.