what character can more possibly exist in real life

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.

Colossus-Big C
take these guys strength levels in consideration
who has the greates chance of being possible in real life.
regardless of how they were made

superman
hulk
colossus

JakeTheBank
Superman.

Starscream M
Originally posted by Colossus-Big C
take these guys strength levels in consideration
who has the greates chance of being possible in real life.
regardless of how they were made

superman
hulk
colossus hulk

Starscream M
Originally posted by JakeTheBank
Superman. how?

Endless Mike
Are we including the multiverse theory of pantheistic solipsism here?

JakeTheBank
Originally posted by Starscream M
how?

He's an alien.

Personally, I think the idea of an alien species existing in the universe that can absorb yellow sunlight as fuel for vast power is more realistic than a human being sharing face with a point blank gamma explosion, surviving, and then turning into a monster under extreme duress. Also more realistic than a human being developing a sudden genetic change to grant him a metal alloy like skin.

Newjak
If we're taking strength and power levels in play then I would go Colossus.

Starscream M
He's an alien.

Personally, I think the idea of an alien species existing in the universe that can absorb yellow sunlight as fuel for vast power is more realistic than a human being sharing face with a point blank gamma explosion, surviving, and then turning into a monster under extreme duress. Also more realistic than a human being developing a sudden genetic change to grant him a metal alloy like skin. yeah but his powers are much less realistic

hulk is basically an organic being that is very strong, and has strong hf

superman can fly without wings....physically impossible. in fact, all his powers are physically impossible.

Endless Mike
superman can fly without wings....physically impossible.

http://www.scientificamerican.com/media/inline/blog/Image/Jet-Pack-Eric-Scott1.jpg

You were saying?

JakeTheBank
yeah but his powers are much less realistic

hulk is basically an organic being that is very strong, and has strong hf

superman can fly without wings....physically impossible. in fact, all his powers are physically impossible.

He's an alien, though, so that's the out Superman has. What's physically impossible for a human is one thing, but when said being isn't human, all bets are off. He also has a specific organ that grants him flight and in certain stories no longer in continuity, his flight and strength were alluded to being psionically linked.

psycho gundam
stupid question = stupid answers; no point trying to make logic out of complete lack of logic

the only thing i can possibly think of here is if they were converted to real life, colossus being a solid metal statue would hold up the most weight *shrug*

Endless Mike
He's an alien, though, so that's the out Superman has. What's physically impossible for a human is one thing, but when said being isn't human, all bets are off. He also has a specific organ that grants him flight and in certain stories no longer in continuity, his flight and strength were alluded to being psionically linked.

Yes but being an alien doesn't excuse everything - the laws of physics are the same everywhere in the universe (well for the most part, with a few exceptions like inside of black holes).

That's why the most important question is still:

Are we including the multiverse theory of pantheistic solipsism here?

Colossus-Big C
by the way, colossus skin isnt the only thing thats metal, unlike luke cage all of his organs, bones, brain, skull etc becomes solid metal

Colossus-Big C
Originally posted by Endless Mike
Yes but being an alien doesn't excuse everything - the laws of physics are the same everywhere in the universe (well for the most part, with a few exceptions like inside of black holes).

That's why the most important question is still:

Are we including the multiverse theory of pantheistic solipsism here? yes

Newjak
I still say based solely on power levels Colossus stick out tongue

Endless Mike
yes

In that case, all of them are equally likely

-Pr-
by the way, colossus skin isnt the only thing thats metal, unlike luke cage all of his organs, bones, brain, skull etc becomes solid metal

Not always; it's inconsistent.

dmills
From a purely conceptual standpoint, based on the fact that there are creatures in this world capable of lifting hundreds of times their body mass I'd say some kind of Exo technology could be developed someday that could come close to colossus levels of strength. But nobody is turning into a metal guy.

As far as Hulk and Superman go, forget it. In hulk's case your talking about adding additional mass to your frame and then when you revert to normal, the mass has to go somewhere. And even then, once you get to a certain level of strength (using the rhino beetle model), there's no real logical explanation based in physics for your strength outside of maybe a couple of hundred tons.

I shouldn't even have to explain why Superman is impossible. He's powers don't even make sense in the damn comic book.

PS, what's up with these threads big c, been smoking that good shit again?

DarkSaint85
I don't quite understand the OP -

Who is more realistic, ignoring the circumstances of how they were made?

But those circumstances are what make them realistic...unless you're asking us to suspend belief for the real world for a moment, and accept that nuclear bombs create Hulks, humanoid aliens with superpowers and a random mutation would give a person 'organic steel'?

Hulkbuster1
Should have mentioned iron man hes 100% possibility with tech. hulk irl=radition poisoning/death. Superman solar absortion irl= a tree . as for colassos irl maybe as an andriod one day doctor shifty

Q99

Yea, but a robot with metal versions of all of those is technically possible.

I think Colossus is the one we can approximate most closely in physics.

TheHulk
Colossus Is A Mutant........Mutation Is Very Possible Regardless What Kind Of Erotic Powers You Get=60-70% Possible

Hulk Made By A Real Extreme Powerful Source(Gamma) And It Was Mutation Too So Possible Just As Colossus Expect That You Have A Source Of Incredible Power(Gamma,Science Define Gamma As Extremely Powerful And Said Can Cause The Greatest Explosion And Than You Have The/A Gamma Bomb Which Is Overkill) Supporting The ''Mutation'' So It's Slightly More Possible=A Solid 75% Possible

Superman..A Alien With Multi Planet Busting Strength Which Gains Power From Solar Energy....With A Weakness Of Unknown Rock Material........Yep That's At Best 50/50

DarkSaint85
Erotic powers????????

Q99
Real life mutant doesn't give superpowers than can change what's possible.

Most of the supers are completely physically impossible. Even the strength/toughness ones go beyond physical limits.

Estacado
Originally posted by DarkSaint85
Erotic powers????????

Colossus-Big C
LOL

red sabre
http://www.scientificamerican.com/media/inline/blog/Image/Jet-Pack-Eric-Scott1.jpg

You were saying?

why is he wearing a helmet? i am sure if he falls from that high or a casual airplane bash into his head this helmet wont really help him confused

Lord Feron
Originally posted by red sabre
why is he wearing a helmet? i am sure if he falls from that high or a casual airplane bash into his head this helmet wont really help him confused

Ever ride a motorcycle without a helmet freaking rain stings your face at decent speeds. IDk how fast he is fling but I'm sure it is more comfortable wearing something over your face. and frankly I would rather have a helmet then not having it. Also he looks more badass! big grin

red sabre
Originally posted by Lord Feron
Ever ride a motorcycle without a helmet freaking rain stings your face at decent speeds. IDk how fast he is fling but I'm sure it is more comfortable wearing something over your face. and frankly I would rather have a helmet then not having it. Also he looks more badass! big grin

you can wear wind glasses and its all cool you know like the ones they use for sky diving, its much more comfortable and does the same job as far as protecting your eyes from hazard, he isnt flying fast at all with that jet , what it does is lift you up in the air however the flight itself is slow, but of course you got all that wind comming into you with such highs but as i said before there are wind googles.

he looks like a power ranger so i give him that

Lord Feron
Originally posted by red sabre
you can wear wind glasses and its all cool you know like the ones they use for sky diving, its much more comfortable and does the same job as far as protecting your eyes from hazard, he isnt flying fast at all with that jet , what it does is lift you up in the air however the flight itself is slow, but of course you got all that wind comming into you with such highs but as i said before there are wind googles.

he looks like a power ranger so i give him that

**** goggles! Power Ranger FTW!! eek!

Cogito
Originally posted by TheHulk
Colossus Is A Mutant........Mutation Is Very Possible Regardless What Kind Of Erotic Powers You Get=60-70% Possible

Hulk Made By A Real Extreme Powerful Source(Gamma) And It Was Mutation Too So Possible Just As Colossus Expect That You Have A Source Of Incredible Power(Gamma,Science Define Gamma As Extremely Powerful And Said Can Cause The Greatest Explosion And Than You Have The/A Gamma Bomb Which Is Overkill) Supporting The ''Mutation'' So It's Slightly More Possible=A Solid 75% Possible

Superman..A Alien With Multi Planet Busting Strength Which Gains Power From Solar Energy....With A Weakness Of Unknown Rock Material........Yep That's At Best 50/50

You're an optimist, huh?

Lord Feron
I think the alien idea is better than the other 2.

rotiart
http://www.technologyreview.com/blog/editors/23577/

Evolution and mutants... It's all a matter to changes in the genetic code... And we as humans have been messing with that for thousands of years.

Take for example crops. We find one that grows to our liking, we take the seeds I only that crop and keep replanting it until we have crops as we know it today.

In the article we take traits of a jellyfish and give it to a monkey. They have done similar things to pigs....

Arguably there could be ways to gene splice one animals traits onto another's until we create super strong or durable or even healthy humans...

The captain America affect in recent attempts to duplicate (those wanna be spiderman) showed that what you really needed was a good diet and intense workout plan. Check out Giuliani stroe. (first name I might have spelled wrong) at four and five years old this kid had An outstanding physique.

Etc etc.

rotiart
Do I think there will be flying, laser shooting people? No... But there are some things we can probably screw around with.

Sr J-Bieb
Are we including the multiverse theory of pantheistic solipsism here? Originally posted by Colossus-Big C
yes

lol at Colossus acting like he understood that

Also, Galactus

Hulkbuster1
Originally posted by Sr J-Bieb
lol at Colossus acting like he understood that

Also, Galactus laughing thumb up

Hulkbuster1
Originally posted by rotiart
Do I think there will be flying, laser shooting people? No... But there are some things we can probably screw around with. what that tv show that said ''gentlemen we have the technology to build him stronger faster etc?

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.