Sebastion Shaw (Movie) V.S. Thor (Movie)

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.

Lord Feron
Sebastion Shaw (Movie) V.S. Thor (Movie)

In a empty City.

juggerman
Good one! If Thor knew full well about Shaws power Thor would probably own him. But if he just tried to pummel Shaw Footloose would win.

Tho i think its important to know if there is a limit to the amount of energy Shaw could absorb cuz that could be a game changer

Newjak
Originally posted by juggerman
Good one! If Thor knew full well about Shaws power Thor would probably own him. But if he just tried to pummel Shaw Footloose would win.

Tho i think its important to know if there is a limit to the amount of energy Shaw could absorb cuz that could be a game changer Shaw managed to drain an entire nuclear submarine so if he does have a ceiling it's a really high one.

Thor would definitely have to play this one smart.

juggerman
I agree his limit if he had one would be huge but maybe thor could overload him. If not Thor would get thrashed if he was to slug it out

Lord Feron
I yeah i just remembered they made shaw incredible badass in the movies and could definitely compete with the big boys from the avenger movie.

janus77
Shaw wins this, it took cheap ass tactics from Magneto and Xavier to beat him. Thor doesn't have their kind of powers.

Movie Shaw vs Movie Hulk would be a good thread, imo. Maybe an eternal stalemate.

juggerman
Maybe Thor could slowly push his hammer thru Shaws head the way Mags pushed the coin

NemeBro
I'm pretty sure Shaw would beat the shit out of movie Hulk actually, considering he doesn't seem to have a limit for how much energy he can absorb.

I am not sure Thor can beat Shaw either. Shaw's powerset was really ****ing broken, and if Thor can power the Ironman armour, well, he can power Shaw.

janus77
Maybe Thor could slowly push his hammer thru Shaws head the way Mags pushed the coin
The hammer's a blunt object, and Shaw would still retain control over his own body - something Xavier had to take away, in order for Magneto's attack to work.

All Shaw needs to do is leech off of Thor's lightning and then he can pound Thor away, thereafter Thor's just gonna be amping Shaw with every strike.

janus77
Originally posted by NemeBro
I'm pretty sure Shaw would beat the shit out of movie Hulk actually, considering he doesn't seem to have a limit for how much energy he can absorb.
And Hulk doesn't have an upperlimit as to how much power he can absorb or output. He took a battalion's worth of ordinance from the aliens, without any effect whatsoever.

Shaw's impressive, but Hulk's his equal at the very least.

juggerman
He could trip Shaw and place the hammer on top of him

NemeBro
He could trip Shaw and place the hammer on top of him .... Lol.

You've sold me.

Thor wins.

janus77
He could trip Shaw and place the hammer on top of him
laughing

It would be out of character for Kevin Bacon to be so clumsy!

Bacon fries Thor!
(revenge for Danish!)

Slaanesh
Shaw will win this..he can take anything that Thor can dish out..

CosmicComet
Originally posted by janus77
And Hulk doesn't have an upperlimit as to how much power he can absorb or output. He took a battalion's worth of ordinance from the aliens, without any effect whatsoever.

Shaw's impressive, but Hulk's his equal at the very least.

Yes he does.

You don't get access to a no-limits fallacy. Hulk has his feats in the movie, (which were nothing compared to what he's done in comics), and nothing more, nothing less.

Silent Master
Didn't Shaw need a couple of minutes to absorb most of that reactor?

janus77
Originally posted by CosmicComet
Yes he does.

You don't get access to a no-limits fallacy. Hulk has his feats in the movie, (which were nothing compared to what he's done in comics), and nothing more, nothing less.
I was responding to neme's comment about Shaw not having a limit. By the same token, Hulk hasn't shown a limit either, there was nothing that the aliens nor Thor nor anyone else did as far as assaults/attacks go, that caused Hulk injury, nevermind left him unconscious.

janus77
Originally posted by Silent Master
Didn't Shaw need a couple of minutes to absorb most of that reactor?
He needed some time, but that reactor is a huge store of power.

In a fight he should be able to take power instantly from whatever attacks Thor uses.

juggerman
How long does Shaws absorbed power last?

janus77
How long does Shaws absorbed power last?
Depends on how much power he's absorbed, iirc he usually expends the energy he obtains from direct attacks, immediately.

NemeBro
I was responding to neme's comment about Shaw not having a limit. By the same token, Hulk hasn't shown a limit either, there was nothing that the aliens nor Thor nor anyone else did as far as assaults/attacks go, that caused Hulk injury, nevermind left him unconscious. Shaw can absorb enough energy to make him a literal walking nuclear weapon.

Aka more than what Hulk has shown to dish out.

janus77
Shaw can absorb enough energy to make him a literal walking nuclear weapon.

Aka more than what Hulk has shown to dish out.
Give that Shaw would amp from Hulk's attacks, it would just be an endless stalemate. There's nothing to say that he would have a problem taking whatever attacks Shaw could produce.

Hulk is what saved Banner from a gamma bomb, according to Stark. It's also pretty much unkillable according to Shield and Banner.

Silent Master
He needed some time, but that reactor is a huge store of power.

In a fight he should be able to take power instantly from whatever attacks Thor uses.

When did Shaw instantly absorb energy equal to what Thor used for the ground strike in the first movie or the lightning attack that boosted Iron-man to 475%?

janus77
When did Shaw instantly absorb energy equal to what Thor used for the ground strike in the first movie or the lightning attack that boosted Iron-man to 475%?
He can absorb the energy, to store it, or he could just let it all out instantly. As far as I recall, he was storing the nuclear energy, therefore taking time to absorb it. The energy he 'bounces back' at people, is instant, and we never saw a limit to it.

Silent Master
He can absorb the energy, to store it, or he could just let it all out instantly. As far as I recall, he was storing the nuclear energy, therefore taking time to absorb it. The energy he 'bounces back' at people, is instant, and we never saw a limit to it.

It took him several minutes to absorb part of the reactor, when did he ever instantly absorb or bounce back the amount of power Thor can dish out?

NemeBro
Give that Shaw would amp from Hulk's attacks, it would just be an endless stalemate. There's nothing to say that he would have a problem taking whatever attacks Shaw could produce.

Hulk is what saved Banner from a gamma bomb, according to Stark. It's also pretty much unkillable according to Shield and Banner. Why would it be an endless stalemate?

Shaw would continually absorb Hulk's punches, until he absorbs enough Kinetic energy to overpower Hulk.

janus77
Why would it be an endless stalemate?

Shaw would continually absorb Hulk's punches, until he absorbs enough Kinetic energy to overpower Hulk.
Hulk can continue to take that kind of force, and greater.

Hulk wouldn't tap out, no evidence to support that. And Shaw wouldn't be overloaded (similarly no evidence of that happening).

KingD19
And Hulk would just get madder and stronger.

Lord Feron
Hulk was weakened when he was being hit by a barrage of lasers. You could see green blood and whatnot coming out of his nose and looked thoroughly beat up. I think if it continued for much longer he would get overwhelmed and ko/die.

Shaw took everything to the face with a smile. IMO if a dozen of so ships tried to fire on shaw, he would walk right through it.

I would say there is potential for shaw to eventually beat Hulk never the other way around.

janus77
When did Hulk look "weakened" or even bloodied. I saw the film twice (albeit on a very low quality stream the second time) and neither time did I see Hulk bloodied.

He took the barrage without any injury at all. And it was after that barrage, that he pulled off the save of IM and the crash landing (where he took the brunt of the force, cradling IM).

I don't see Shaw (try saying that aloud three times!) KOing Hulk. Don't think he'd ever build up the energy to do it, without outside help/prep.

KingD19
When the aliens did a berserker barrage with like 30 blasters. When they stopped, Hulk had a slightly bloody nose, but was otherwise fine. As he showed no discomfort throughout the rest of the movie.

KuRuPT Thanosi
It took him several minutes to absorb part of the reactor, when did he ever instantly absorb or bounce back the amount of power Thor can dish out?

What is your point? The reactor was leaking out energy at a slow pace.. I saw nothing nor heard nothing about Shaw not being able to do it if it was all at once. We are not hear to prove a negative. If you think he couldn't do it, provide evidence that he couldn't. We saw him take attacks from Magneto... huge steel beams one right after the other... and it did NOTHING to him and he absorbed them all just fine. Shaw beats Thor.. there is literally nothing Thor could do sans bfr or a time stop like in the movie.

Silent Master
The point is that Shaw has zero feats of instantly absorbing or "bouncing back" Thor level attacks.

Galan007
Just like Thor has no feats to say he could beat Shaw. Hammer throws to the torso? Absorbed. Bolts of lightning? Absorbed.

Shaw wins.

Estacado
Couldnt Thor just grab Kevin and snap his neck?
That's totally out of personality though...stick out tongue

Zack Fair
Originally posted by Estacado
Couldnt Thor just grab Kevin and snap his neck?
That's totally out of personality though...stick out tongue

I think Shaw would absorb the kinetic force of that? Thor can always grab him and dump into the depths of the ocean?

Lord Feron
When did Hulk look "weakened" or even bloodied. I saw the film twice (albeit on a very low quality stream the second time) and neither time did I see Hulk bloodied.

He took the barrage without any injury at all. And it was after that barrage, that he pulled off the save of IM and the crash landing (where he took the brunt of the force, cradling IM).

I don't see Shaw (try saying that aloud three times!) KOing Hulk. Don't think he'd ever build up the energy to do it, without outside help/prep.

Look at his face real close right after the barrage.

Edit, Wanted add that during the barrage it clearly looked like it was taking a toll. If it was not it would of been more like the time where the jet was shooting at hulk "Mildly annoyed."

Estacado
Originally posted by Zack Fair
I think Shaw would absorb the kinetic force of that? Thor can always grab him and dump into the depths of the ocean?
What about doing it super slowly?stick out tongue
Erik won like that.stick out tongue

Silent Master
Originally posted by Galan007
Just like Thor has no feats to say he could beat Shaw. Hammer throws to the torso? Absorbed. Bolts of lightning? Absorbed.

Shaw wins.

Thor has feats that are above what Shaw has shown able to instantly absorb.

Lord Feron

Shaw has proven that he had zero difficulty adsorbing any attack sent at him.

(how is this contributing to the debate?)

Silent Master
Originally posted by Lord Feron
Shaw has proven that he had zero difficulty adsorbing any attack sent at him.

(how is this contributing to the debate?)

Which of those attacks were on the level of Thor's ground pound from the first movie or the lightning attack from the second?

Lord Feron
Which of those attacks were on the level of Thor's ground pound from the first movie or the lightning attack from the second?

Are you trying to say lack of proof is proof in itself that a person is incapable of doing something?

You might have a case if he looked like he was exerting himself in the slightest when dealing with multiple machine gun rifles simultaneously being shot at him. He did have to take a few minutes to absorb energy out of a nuke but Nuke is >>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>> Anything Thor ever did.

KingD19
Absorbing leaking nuclear energy is not = to absorbing the blast yield of a nuke.

It's like the difference between sticking your finger in an electrical socket and getting struck by lightning.

Silent Master
I'm saying, that if people want to claim that Shaw can absorb Thor's attacks, then they have to post feats where Shaw absorbed similar level attacks.

Galan007
Thor has feats that are above what Shaw has shown able to instantly absorb. So we are automatically to assume that Shaw would be incapable of absorbing Thor's attacks just because he didn't face a singular opponent as powerful as Thor? Dunno if I can agree with that.

And imo, absorbing the entirety of a nuclear reactor's power (which Shaw had no reservations whatsoever about doing) shows that he is capable of easily absorbing/storing energies > what Thor has displayed. Shaw not absorbing said energies "instantly" doesn't mean much. It's the same amount of total energy regardless of how fast he absorbs it. Additionally, he was only capable of absorbing the energy as fast as the ship could deliver it--it's not his faulty it couldn't be delivered "instantly".

I'd also like to remind everyone that Shaw seemed capable of amplifying the energy he absorbed by a very high margin. This was beautifully portrayed during this scene.
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=-dRuwBwnmsU
(0:22-0:30 for the energy absorption, then 0:40 for the energy release.)

KuRuPT Thanosi

WTF.... When did Thor produce something greater than what Shaw has absorbed on panel?

Silent Master
He didn't absorb the whole reactor and what he did absorb took several minutes,, and yes, the speed he can absorb at does matter.

Silent Master
Originally posted by KuRuPT Thanosi
WTF.... When did Thor produce something greater than what Shaw has absorbed on panel?

Try watching the movies.

KingD19
If you can absorb x amount of energy at y pace. If you get too much too fast, you will overload.

Galan007
He didn't absorb the whole reactor

and what he did absorb took several minutes,

and yes, the speed he can absorb at does matter. Shaw's original plan was to absorb ALL of the reactor's energies--a task he was well on the way to completing until Magneto powered it down. Obviously Shaw wouldn't risk overloading himself if he knew such a feat wasn't within his ability. :/

Again, Shaw was only capable of absorbing the energy as fast as the ship could deliver it... Not his fault said energy was delivered at a slower pace. :/

The speed at which Shaw absorbs energy matters? What're you basing that claim on? Certainly nothing Shaw said or did in the film. :/

Silent Master
Originally posted by KingD19
If you can absorb x amount of energy at y pace. If you get too much too fast, you will overload.

Exactly.

KuRuPT Thanosi
Try watching the movies.

So nothing then... how you name the feats that are greater than what shaw did on panel that leads you to believe Shaw couldn't absorb it.

Galan007
You're ignoring the reason WHY Shaw HAD to absorb the energy at "y pace". You're also posing absorption limits on him when he never displayed any.

w/e

Silent Master
Originally posted by KuRuPT Thanosi
So nothing then... how you name the feats that are greater than what shaw did on panel that leads you to believe Shaw couldn't absorb it.

I've already named a couple of them, ie the ground pound and the lightning strike.

At no point did Shaw ever absorb an attack that powerful.

Nihilist
Shaw absorbed a barrage of rockets with ease and grenade with EASE, he absorbs what Thor throws at him

KingD19
A standard grenade from the cold war era is not comparable to Thor. Neither is a single bazooka round. And he took a barrage of bullets, and a single bazooka. A bazooka can hardly penetrate a tank.

Blight
So essentially what Silent Master is saying is that Thor has output more energy than Shaw can Absorb with no Proof because there is none to be had.

We get it, it can't be proved that Shaw can absorb his attacks, however you seem to be ignoring the fact that it can't be disproved either.

Nihilist
A standard grenade from the cold war era is not comparable to Thor. Neither is a single bazooka round. And he took a barrage of bullets, and a single bazooka. A bazooka can hardly penetrate a tank. Youre totally missing the point, he absorbed them with complete ease showing he had no problem with anything shown to come his way.

Its funny posters say Shaw never absorbed attacks on Thors lvl!! yet when did we see Thor put down a energy absorber!!

Blight
Originally posted by Nihilist
Youre totally missing the point, he absorbed them with complete ease showing he had no problem with anything shown to come his way.

Its funny poater say Shaw never absorbed attacks on Thors lvl!! yet when did we see Thor put down a energy absorber!!
He also seemed to be trying hard to get away from Bullets.

KingD19
Youre totally missing the point, he absorbed them with complete ease showing he had no problem with anything shown to come his way.

Its funny poater say Shaw never absorbed attacks on Thors lvl!! yet when did we see Thor put down a energy absorber!!

I get the point. But just because he can absorb those levels of attack with ease, doesn't mean he can do the same with Thor's level of attack.

Comparisons are everything. A grenade is let's say getting hit by an average boxer. Thor's attacks are like getting hit by a car going 90mph. There's a huge difference and you can't put one next to the other.

Blight
I get the point. But just because he can absorb those levels of attack with ease, doesn't mean he can do the same with Thor's level of attack.

Comparisons are everything. A grenade is let's say getting hit by an average boxer. Thor's attacks are like getting hit by a car going 90mph. There's a huge difference and you can't put one next to the other.

The problem with the theory I think most people are stating is that there's not Proof he even has a top out point in absorbing.

KingD19
I'm not saying he can't absorb Thor's attacks given a bit of time or something.

I'm just saying don't compare an M67 Hand Grenade to a lightning strike or that hammer strike he did in Jottunheim.

Nihilist

Comparisons are everything. A grenade is let's say getting hit by an average boxer. Thor's attacks are like getting hit by a car going 90mph. There's a huge difference and you can't put one next to the other. He absorbed nuclear energy also, nothing Thor did was on the level of nuclear power in terms what it what do to someone.

Shaw also absorbed Havocks attacks like nothing showing whatever type of attack/energy was thrown at him he dealt with, just like when Magneto was hitting him with all the steal in the sub

Galan007
Shaw had NO reservations about absorbing all the energies of a nuclear reactor... So we know his 'container' can easily house at least that much energy.

Imo, Thor's displayed energy attacks<those contained in a nuclear reactor. I don't see Shaw having the slightest bit of trouble absorbing Thor's attacks... Especially the relatively meager ones Thor ALWAYS starts out with. /shrug

Silent Master
Him taking minutes to absorb part of a reactor doesn't mean he can instantly absorb Thor level attacks .

KuRuPT Thanosi
So you can't prove that those attacks would overload Shaw correct? you have NOTHING that suggest he would be overloaded.. but since he didn't absorb lighting right away... that means he might not be able to... Juses..You are an idiot... why did I take you off ignore again?

Silent Master
Again, if you want to claim that Shaw can absorb Thor level attacks, feel free to post examples of him doing so.

Lord Feron
You're ignoring the reason WHY Shaw HAD to absorb the energy at "y pace". You're also posing absorption limits on him when he never displayed any.

w/e

Nihilist
Him taking minutes to absorb part of a reactor doesn't mean he can instantly absorb Thor level attacks . So youre saying Thors lightining is>>>>>>to nuclear energy.

prove it

KuRuPT Thanosi
He can't and won't prove a thing. He doesnt' answer questions.. he just asks stupid questions that have no relevance.. whch amount to you having to prove a negative.

KuRuPT Thanosi
Again, if you want to claim that Shaw can absorb Thor level attacks, feel free to post examples of him doing so. YOU HAVE TO PROVE THAT THOR COULD OVERLOAD SHAW... THE ONUS IS ON YOU TO PROVE HE WOULDN'T BE ABLE TO. SO... PROVIDE ANY PROOF THAT THOR'S ATTACKS WOULD OVERLOAD HIM.

Silent Master
I'm saying that taking minutes to absorb part of a reactor isn't proof that he can absorb Thor level attacks.

Nihilist
Expected concession accepted.

Prep-Man
Sabastian wins.

Silent Master
Expected concession accepted.

Thor isn't going to stand around for several minutes after each attack so that Shaw can absorb it.

KuRuPT Thanosi
WHAT MAKES YOU BELIEVE IT WOULD TAKE IM SEVERAL MINUTES TO ABSORB ANYTHING? The reactor was leaking out at ITS pace... not because Shaw NEEDED to leak out slowly... SO AGAIN... WHAT PROOF DO YOU HAVE THAT IT WOULD TAKE HIM SEVERAL MINTUES TO ABSORB ANYTHING THOR COULD DELIVER.

Also, what makes you believe all the nuclear energy Shaw absorbed wasn't as much energy as a lighting attack lol... or a ground and pound? Please provide proof that either of those attacks are more energy than the nuclear reactor Shaw was absorbing.

Nihilist
Thor isn't going to stand around for several minutes after each attack so that Shaw can absorb it. So prove Thors attacks arte equal or greater than the nuclear energy Shaw absorbed

roughrider
Tricky match for Thor if he goes into Shaw like Colossus did in their first meeting. He could get overwhelmed and have to retreat quickly.

If he can and knows what Shaw can do, then it would be time to use hurricane winds and remove him from the place (into the middle of the ocean...?)

Silent Master
Shaw has zero feats of quickly absorbing Thor level attacks.

Nihilist
Shaw has zero feats of quickly absorbing Thor level attacks. Thor has Zero feats showing he can put down energy absorbers like Shaw

Silent Master
Wrong thread.

carver9
Silent, you are not making any type of points at all. Show Shaw struggling to absorb anything.

Shaw stomps by the way.

roughrider
If he knows Shaw's powers, then perhaps one almighty shot from mjolnir put Shaw into Earth's orbit. Shaw dies of asphyxiation.

Blight
Originally posted by roughrider
If he knows Shaw's powers, then perhaps one almighty shot from mjolnir put Shaw into Earth's orbit. Shaw dies of asphyxiation. One almighty shot from Mjolner would be absorbed by Shaw and redirected back at Thor...

roughrider
Originally posted by Blight
One almighty shot from Mjolner would be absorbed by Shaw and redirected back at Thor...

It's not like he doesn't move when he gets hit; he does. The trick is to hit him so hard and far away that he can't use the energy he's absorbed against you.

Blight
It's not like he doesn't move when he gets hit; he does. The trick is to hit him so hard and far away that he can't use the energy he's absorbed against you. There's no evidence to suggest the impact would hurt him, though. He absorbs kinetic energy. That's the point.

Placidity
It's not like he doesn't move when he gets hit; he does.

Given what we know of how his powers work, I think thats more of a movie mistake than anything. Although I would not assert this point in a debate its makes sense to me.

roughrider
There's no evidence to suggest the impact would hurt him, though. He absorbs kinetic energy. That's the point.

Hence why you hit him into orbit. The hit doesn't kill him - he absorbs the energy - but he's stuck up there and dies of lack of oxygen, if the freezing temperature doesn't do him in first (yes, he is vulnerable to temperature changes. We saw that in his first appearance, when Storm made him retreat after lowering the temperature below freezing.)

Thor has one-shotted foes into orbit, like the incredibly enhanced zombie viking Harald Jaekelsson.

http://www.mynetimages.com/fcc9c97c.jpg

http://www.mynetimages.com/ff934266.jpg

Lord Feron
Hence why you hit him into orbit. The hit doesn't kill him - he absorbs the energy - but he's stuck up there and dies of lack of oxygen, if the freezing temperature doesn't do him in first (yes, he is vulnerable to temperature changes. We saw that in his first appearance, when Storm made him retreat after lowering the temperature below freezing.)

Thor has one-shotted foes into orbit, like the incredibly enhanced zombie viking Harald Jaekelsson.

movie versions dude....

Placidity
if the freezing temperature doesn't do him in first (yes, he is vulnerable to temperature changes. We saw that in his first appearance, when Storm made him retreat after lowering the temperature below freezing.)

Um, we're talking about Movie versions?

Blight
Look at the title of the thread.

roughrider
Originally posted by Placidity
Um, we're talking about Movie versions?

So are you saying movie Thor is not capable of such a feat? There is no proof to support that position.

Placidity
So are you saying movie Thor is not capable of such a feat? There is no proof to support that position.

You mean hit someone into orbit? No, I don't believe that at all. The force of his blows shown in the film are insufficient to send someone into orbit.

Blight
You mean hit someone into orbit? No, I don't believe that at all. The force of his blows shown in the film are insufficient to send someone into orbit.
thumb up

The strongest blows he made were going through a Frost Giant monster and Hitting the Vibranium shield to do some Backlash Damage, to my knowledge.

Galan007
Well, BFR'ing an opponent into orbit is certainly not a tactic Thor ever used, therefore I wouldn't assume he'd do so against Shaw--especially given the fact that Thor likes to brawl (as evident from his fights with Tony/Cap/Hulk.)

He'd punch Shaw a few times, throw his hammer at him, and maybe zap him with some lightning. Shaw would absorb these attacks and proceed to tap Thor on the shoulder, subsequently atomizing him.

Blight
That's True. CIS is on.

Galan has Spoken.

Mindset

http://www.mynetimages.com/ff934266.jpg When was Storm in a movie with Shaw?

Placidity
thumb up

The strongest blows he made were going through a Frost Giant monster and Hitting the Vibranium shield to do some Backlash Damage, to my knowledge.

BTW, Thor's strike would need to send Sebastion flying at a speed of 17,000 miles per hour and for a distance of over 150 miles.

That sounds like a job for Superman.

^ I have to say I'm proud of that one. Double Zing IMO. big grin

roughrider
Then I'll use a movie feat. Thor creates another vortex to suck Shaw into - like he did with the Destroyer - and deposits him in the middle of the ocean. He eventually drowns (unless he absorbs enough energy from an attacking shark to swim to shore.)

carver9
When did Shaw budge from an attack? He always walked through then to my knowledge. Thor isn't winning this.

Galan007
Assuming there is even an ocean near the battlefield (big assumption, btw) I still believe Thor will lead off with physical/energy attacks, of which Shaw will readily absorb, WAY before he'd think of BFR. I feel confident about Thor fighting like that, because, well, that's how he battled ALL of his opponents in the films. Hell, he even KNEW the power of the Destroyer, and he still used physical attacks against it first. He's a brawler.

roughrider
Originally posted by carver9
When did Shaw budge from an attack? He always walked through then to my knowledge. Thor isn't winning this.

Is Shaw going to absorb energy from the surrounding wind that lifts him off his feet, too?

Blight
Is Shaw going to absorb energy from the surrounding wind that lifts him off his feet, too? That's assuming he leads off with a BFR. Not likely unless CIS is off.

gogogadgetgo
Assuming there is even an ocean near the battlefield (big assumption, btw) I still believe Thor will lead off with physical/energy attacks, of which Shaw will readily absorb, WAY before he'd think of BFR. I feel confident about Thor fighting like that, because, well, that's how he battled ALL of his opponents in the films. Hell, he even KNEW the power of the Destroyer, and he still used physical attacks against it first. He's a brawler.

wrong. thor will lead with the right hand, followed by the left feet, then they do the cha-cha

juggerman
No matter how much Shaw absorbs from Thor all he has to do is place the hammer on him like he din to Loki. That should get him the 3-count

Blight
No matter how much Shaw absorbs from Thor all he has to do is place the hammer on him like he din to Loki. That should get him the 3-count
Because Shaw will just lay down for him to do that mmm

Lord Feron
Interesting say if shaw was put in that position. Hammer laid on chest and lying down. Would he be getting a constant source of power or would it just kinda pin him?

juggerman
It would just pin him and he doesnt have to just sit and let it happen. Thor could use the "ground pound" to break up the ground causing Shaw to stumble/fall the Thor quickly and gently places Mjolnir on his chest

Placidity
^ I really don't see him doing that though even though its possible. At most I'd give him 1-2/10 via that tactic, and that's probably generous.

juggerman
If he fought smart and knew about Shaws power he would win 10/10

Silent Master
Other than BFR or placing Mjolnir on him, I'm not sure who would win as it's unknown whether or not Shaw would be able to absorb Thor's attacks or if he'd be overloaded.

Placidity
Other than BFR or placing Mjolnir on him, I'm not sure who would win as it's unknown whether or not Shaw would be able to absorb Thor's attacks or if he'd be overloaded.

Shaw hasn't shown a limit to his absoption abilities, but he has shown he can absorb A LOT. At some point Thor is going to engage in melee and he'd be screwed.

juggerman
Thor could just stand there and let Shaw hit him and break his hand

Silent Master
Shaw hasn't shown a limit to his absoption abilities, but he has shown he can absorb A LOT. At some point Thor is going to engage in melee and he'd be screwed.

So, you can prove that Shaw is able to absorb Thor's best attacks?

ares834
So, you can prove that Shaw is able to absorb Thor's best attacks?

He was absorbing power from a nuclear reactor... That should put him a fair bit ahead of Thor's output.

Silent Master
Originally posted by ares834
He was absorbing power from a nuclear reactor... That should put him a fair bit ahead of Thor's output.

That took several mintues, are you saying that Thor is only going to attack once every several minutes?

Galan007

w/e

Blight
This argument could go back and forth forever. There will never be any proof on either side, guys. It's all a matter of opinion at this point.

DARTH POWER
I'm guessing Shaw. It's just in character for Thor to start hammering away, which will be a dream for Shaw. And it's unlikely Thor will put his maximum output into his first shot.

But Shaw did have some low moments. Why was he running for his life from that Anchor Eric was throwing around?

Plus the coin through his head. (I know he was frozen, still doesn't seem like Xavier's freezing takes away mutant powers).

Silent Master
This argument could go back and forth forever. There will never be any proof on either side, guys. It's all a matter of opinion at this point.

Which is why I said "I'm not sure who would win as it's unknown whether or not Shaw would be able to absorb Thor's attacks or if he'd be overloaded."

The Shaw side on the other hand seems to believe that Shaw wouldn't have a problem absorbing Thor's best attacks.

Blight
I don't THINK he'd have a problem. But it's based on the fact that he hasn't shown any problem doing any of the things he did. And it's not as if he said "Thank god this Nuclear reactor is leaking at a pace I can absorb!"

Again. Opinion.

Galan007
Well, we know Shaw's container was capable of housing the power of a nuclear reactor... So unless Thor hit him with an attack superior to that, I don't see Shaw being overloaded.

Imo, if Iron Man can scrap with Thor/tank all of his attacks, Shaw can do the same.

Newjak
Well, we know Shaw's container was capable of housing the power of a nuclear reactor... So unless Thor hit him with an attack superior to that, I don't see Shaw being overloaded.

Imo, if Iron Man can scrap with Thor/tank all of his attacks, Shaw can do the same. Iron Man was definitely weaker than Thor and did not tank all of his attacks.

But as for this fight it's just Shaw has such a broken power it's kind of crazy.

Galan007
There is not one thing Thor did that took Tony out of the fight for longer than a second or two. Not one thing. That's what I meant by "tanked."

DARTH POWER
^ I think he means if Iron Man's suit can absorb Thor's full on Lightning blast (because it powered the suit up) then chances are Shaw could do the same.

Newjak
There is not one thing Thor did that took Tony out of the fight for longer than a second or two. Not one thing. That's what I meant by "tanked." Yeah but I think when Thor showed himself being able to crush Tony's armor with his bare hands, it showed that if Thor wanted to he could have taken Tony out.

And Tony's armor is fairly durable. I rewatched Ironman 2 yesterday and surviving Vanko's whips is really good considering they cut through race cars like a hot knife through butter.

Galan007
Originally posted by Newjak
Yeah but I think when Thor showed himself being able to crush Tony's armor with his bare hands, it showed that if Thor wanted to he could have taken Tony out. There was no implication that Thor was holding back.

Either way, I'm not saying Tony isn't durable. Just saying that I don't see Shaw having a problem absorbing everything Tony endured.

Silent Master
I don't THINK he'd have a problem. But it's based on the fact that he hasn't shown any problem doing any of the things he did. And it's not as if he said "Thank god this Nuclear reactor is leaking at a pace I can absorb!"

Again. Opinion.

But on the other hand, Shaw was never hit with any attack that was even close to what Thor was able to dish out.

Newjak
There was no implication that Thor was holding back.

Either way, I'm not saying Tony isn't durable. Just saying that I don't see Shaw having a problem absorbing everything Tony endured. I can agree with that.

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.