Robot Wars: Marvel vs. DC (read stips)

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.

byrdgang21
Ok so for this match let's take some of the most brilliant minds from DC & Marvel see who can make the most impressive robot.

Teams

DC:
Batman
Mr. Terrific
Ray Palmer
Mr. Majestic
Lex Luthor
T.O. Morrow
Professor Ivo
Brainiac
Ted Kord

Marvel:
Reed Richards
Bruce Banner
Hank Pym
Tony Stark
Forge
Amedeus Cho
Dr. Doom
Leader
Black Panther

Rules:
-each team will have 1 year to create an army of 50 robots to combat the
other teams army of robots
-each team will have access to all the resources each individual on the team would normally and easily have access to
-fight will take place on Monguls War World

Which teams wins?

Bouboumaster
Marvel stomp.

tkitna
Originally posted by Bouboumaster
Marvel stomp.

JakeTheBank
Marvel.

Placidity
Yea, Amazo takes all the powers of the JLA and Villains = win. Thats just Ivo by himself though.

JakeTheBank
Amazo gets his power usurped by a Doombot.

Sr J-Bieb
Anti-Galactus suit via stomping a mudhole in a robot who stomped a mudhole in almost all of Earth's heroes. Even the Sentry.

Prep-Man
Very close, IMO. Majestic, brainiac, and Ivo are heavy hitters. Plus Palmer.

DarkSaint85
For me, DC takes it.

We already know what a collaboration of Batman, Mr. Terrific, TO Morrow and Professor Ivo could do - the result was the Amazo in Red Tornado's body, which was only defeated by BFR. Adding Brainiac's technopathy abilities, on War World, would be pretty uber, let alone whatever weird little alien races Brainiac has in his collection to expose these Amazos to. Plus, exposing it to Majestic/Luthor/Batman would finally give it a proper tactical mind to use.

Utrigita
I'm no expert on what each of the marvel guys have done specifically, but have any of them made a robot with the abilities of Amazo or close to?

Q99
TO Morrow and Ivo together also made Tomorrow Woman, a very high-level android with actual telepathy (not easy to do for a robot!) as well as TK, high-level strength, and toughness, that passed as human to pretty much everyone.

With TO Morrow on brains, I don't think hacking is very likely- his robots have 'artificial souls' and break free from programming limits all the time.

DarkSaint85
The problem, as always, is Doom/Panther. Mystical armour would be very difficult to beat. Can Doombots perform spells?

Cogito
DC stomps on robot feats.

Amazo, Tomorrow Woman, OMAC, Metal Men, etc etc.

Q99
Originally posted by DarkSaint85
The problem, as always, is Doom/Panther. Mystical armour would be very difficult to beat. Can Doombots perform spells?

I've never seen it happen.

The most impressive Doombots I've seen are from MC2, in the story Final Doom, where he made power-cosmic Doombots in quantity that were each low-to-mid herald level (they performed like mids in offense, but were more fragile).

rotiart
Hank pym activates a new baddess robot calls it afro-ultron, and proceeds to dominate by giving it his powers on top of its normal power set.

😜

Prep-Man
Originally posted by Cogito

Metal Men ftw!

Cogito
Forgot to mention Red Tornado

Endless Mike
Originally posted by Q99
I've never seen it happen.

The most impressive Doombots I've seen are from MC2, in the story Final Doom, where he made power-cosmic Doombots in quantity that were each low-to-mid herald level (they performed like mids in offense, but were more fragile).

What if the robots decide to team up and kill their creators?

Q99
Originally posted by Endless Mike
What if the robots decide to team up and kill their creators?

Well then, victory for them I suppose!

Though they'll have a heck of a time with Mr. Terrific.

StiltmanFTW
Can Doombots perform spells?

Yes, iirc. Taskmaster got hit by a magic blast during Siege event.

Warlord
OMG amazo... it's not like Marvel has super adaptoid or anything

AsbestosFlaygon
Amazo, Metal Men, Red Tornado, Tomorrow Woman...

Some DC intellectuals have created robots with human-like emotions and feelings.

DarkSaint85
Originally posted by Warlord
OMG amazo... it's not like Marvel has super adaptoid or anything

And that was created by the whole of AIM, using a Cosmic Cube, originally.

Amazo was built by one guy, on his own, who's actually in this thread, and didn't have to rely on something like the Cube.

See the difference (and more importantly, the relevance to this thread)?

Warlord

DarkSaint85
No, you're right. I always believe that on this forum, the word stomp is used to liberally. Barring some truly out of left field bizarre tech (Worlogog or something), no team is stomping.

Wait....Doesn't Reed still have an Infinity Gem?

Warlord
To be honest my comic book knowledge has been outdated the last 2 years.
But Doom and Reed are notorious to have safeguards like Celestial destroying guns cosmic cube energy absorbing tecch etc.

It would be really interesting

leonidas
Originally posted by byrdgang21
Ok so for this match let's take some of the most brilliant minds from DC & Marvel see who can make the most impressive robot.

Teams

DC:
Batman
Mr. Terrific
Ray Palmer
Mr. Majestic
Lex Luthor
T.O. Morrow
Professor Ivo
Brainiac
Ted Kord

Marvel:
Reed Richards
Bruce Banner
Hank Pym
Tony Stark
Forge
Amedeus Cho
Dr. Doom
Leader
Black Panther

Rules:
-each team will have access to all the resources each individual on the team would normally and easily have access to

Which teams wins?

certainly NOT a stomp either way, imo. i would likely side with marvel though. amazo is probably the single most impressive creation of all the above however, so......

Batman-Prime
Originally posted by leonidas
certainly NOT a stomp either way, imo.

thumb up

Both have some impressive robots and I couldn't decide, honestly. Except if it's brainiac 13 wink

Bouboumaster
Marvel construct a Galactus-Suit with A.I. that throw spells and use Celestial guns as casual weapons. Powered by an internal sun.
Comes with leather sits, and for 2 000$, you got the sport model.

True story.

DarkSaint85
Originally posted by Bouboumaster
Marvel construct a Galactus-Suit with A.I. that throw spells and use Celestial guns as casual weapons. Powered by an internal sun.
Comes with leather sits, and for 2 000$, you got the sport model.

True story.

Like the Japanese and Ford, Amazo takes one look at Marvel's creation and mass produces copies, flooding the market.

Except it only costs $50 more.

Hyperion Prime
Team Marvel wins, but Amazo is a beast.

Blight
certainly NOT a stomp either way, imo. i would likely side with marvel though. amazo is probably the single most impressive creation of all the above however, so...... You'd side with Marvel because Amazo is the single most impressive creation?? confused

Why do you think Marvel?

complexbrother
Originally posted by Cogito

This is not a stomp, in fact Marvel would win this just using androids that are already here .like ...

Super Adaptoid

Dragon Man

Machine Man

Jocasta

Nimrod

Rangarok (the Thor Android)

Ultron

Human Torch

Vision

Deaths Head

The Fury

Red Ronan

C.A.P.

just think what team Marvel could create with the provisions provided by the OP. Marvel wins this one.

leonidas
Originally posted by Blight
You'd side with Marvel because Amazo is the single most impressive creation?? confused

Why do you think Marvel?

allowing for the idea that marvel could come up with something that i have NOT seen. if we are limiting this to ONLY things that have been shown, then i'd take dc. marvel would likely know about amazo (given common knowledge) and i think doom and reed could come up with something new that could combat equally or surpass amazo.

there is certainly reason to believe amazo could copy ANYTHING the marvel guys have ALREADY put together--including the dreaded galatus suit and all the other tech. but if they knew exactly what they were up against, doom and reed et al could probably make something at least equal if not better. guess i just have more faith in marvel overall.

DarkSaint85
Super Adaptoid - Created by AIM, not by one of the guys here.
Dragon Man - built by Prof. Gilbert, not by one of the guys here.
Machine Man - built by Dr Stack, not by one of the guys here.
Jocasta - Pym.
Nimrod - built by Sentinels
Rangarok (the Thor Android) - Richards and Pym.
Ultron - Built by Pym
Human Torch - built by Horton, not by one of the guys here.
Vision - Built by Iron Lad/Ultron, not by one of the guys here, though you could argue Pym could recreate Ultron first etc etc..
Deaths Head - Not sure where he's from, but am going to guess that he wasn't built by one of the guys here.
The Fury - built by MJJ, definately not one of the guys here
Red Ronan - I'm guessing this is Red Ronin, which was built by two employees of Stark Industries - admittedly, Stark COULD take the blueprints...
C.A.P. - don't know who this is.

So out of your admittedly impressive list, only Jocasta, Ragnarok, Ultron and Red Ronin were made by the guys in the thread. and out of all of them, only Ultron impresses me.

You may then argue that the team has access to the other bots. Not really a road you want to go down, as the JLAers get a hold of New God tech....

JakeTheBank
allowing for the idea that marvel could come up with something that i have NOT seen. if we are limiting this to ONLY things that have been shown, then i'd take dc. marvel would likely know about amazo (given common knowledge) and i think doom and reed could come up with something new that could combat equally or surpass amazo.

there is certainly reason to believe amazo could copy ANYTHING the marvel guys have ALREADY put together--including the dreaded galatus suit and all the other tech. but if they knew exactly what they were up against, doom and reed et al could probably make something at least equal if not better. guess i just have more faith in marvel overall.

Makes sense and it's how I feel about the thread in general.

DC has built Amazo, the single most impressive robot from either side, but Marvel's got the better minds.

Prep-Man
Originally posted by byrdgang21

Teams

DC:
Batman
Mr. Terrific
Ray Palmer
Mr. Majestic
Lex Luthor
T.O. Morrow
Professor Ivo
Brainiac
Ted Kord

Marvel:
Reed Richards
Bruce Banner
Hank Pym
Tony Stark
Forge
Amedeus Cho
Dr. Doom
Leader
Black Panther

Rules:

Which teams wins?

I don't know about that. Overall, DC has the better geniuses, IMO. Outside of Reed and Doom, Marvel doesn't equal the sheer amount of crazy minds of DC.

Brainiac=<Reed
Batman>Panther
TO Morrow>Leader
Majestic>Banner
Doom>Ivo
Mr. Terrific>Forge
Palmer=Pym
Luthor>Cho
Stark>Kord

Overall, DC is smarter, IMO.

Prep-Man
Oh, and people are forgetting Veridum from Metal Men. Easily one of the most powerful androids here.

JakeTheBank
Originally posted by Prep-Man
I don't know about that. Overall, DC has the better geniuses, IMO. Outside of Reed and Doom, Marvel doesn't equal the sheer amount of crazy minds of DC.

Brainiac=<Reed
Batman>Panther
TO Morrow>Leader
Majestic>Banner
Doom>Ivo
Mr. Terrific>Forge
Palmer=Pym
Luthor>Cho
Stark>Kord

Overall, DC is smarter, IMO.

The thing is that both Reed and Doom are significantly smarter than virtually anyone on Team DC. Brainiac is the closest one to either of them, but they both edge him out. You also have no expert on the arcane on Team DC, a huge glaring disadvantage considering Doom. I also don't think Batman is smarter than T'Challa. In terms of criminology and detective work, sure, but applied sciences and the like? I don't see it.

Prep-Man
I Disagree with that. Both Brainiac (who owned Vril and his son) and TO Morrow (Who has built a tesseract and time Machines when he was only a child) can compete with both of them. Add in the other geniuses and DC comes out on top.

JakeTheBank
I Disagree with that. Both Brainiac (who owned Vril and his son) and TO Morrow (Who has built a tesseract and time Machines when he was only a child) can compete with both of them. Add in the other geniuses and DC comes out on top.

Compete and ultimately lose, sure. And there's still no answer to the mystical angle that Doom has. And the rapport with Marvel will be better as well as about six of these guys have all worked together and collaborated with one another in some form.

Prep-Man
All of the heroes have worked together, except Majestic. Same with all the crazy, geniuses on Oolong Island. Team work won't be a problem.

JakeTheBank
Most of the heroes have all served with one another on the Avengers and regularly collaborate with their peers on various projects. Doom has worked with Reed and Tony enough times to know how they think and to augment their talents and specialties together. Team DC will work together to be sure, but it won't be as efficient as Team Marvel.

Prep-Man
Agree to disagree.

Now that I think of it. Ivo and Morrow had a huge hand in 4 Horsman of Apokolips and Genocide. 2 powerful forces as well. I still side with DC here.

Bouboumaster
How Marvel win this in 3 easy steps:

1- Reed and Doom think of something stupidly powerful, to counter-act Amazo.

2- Forge built it. Because he can, since it's his power.

3- They sit back, and drink a Cuba Libre while their monster robot absolutly destroy DC's

The end.

Colossus-Big C
Wheres the high evolutionary?
He far exceeded iron mans robotic technology the last time they met

Bouboumaster
Originally posted by Colossus-Big C
Wheres the high evolutionary?
He far exceeded iron mans robotic technology the last time they met

Who cares? Team Marvel got FORGE, who can built what he wants, and they have Reed Richards and Dr Doom to conceive something for him to built.

Prep-Man
forge sucks.

Bouboumaster
forge sucks.

Not as much as DC's robot will do when fighting Marvel's. Happy Dance

Prep-Man
in creating ai tech, forge doesnt compare.

Bouboumaster
in creating ai tech, forge doesnt compare.

It's why Doom and Richards are here. To think for him.

Forge would have one task, and one only: building whatever those two geniuses come up with.

Prep-Man
dc still has the feats for best ai and androids in comics. ivos amazo and to morrow take the cake.

DarkSaint85
The problem with this thread is that it will be an endless cycle.

The DC side will use Amazo.

The Marvel side will use their faith that Marvel will build something better or equal to Amazo.

How much more different is this to just saying 'Batman wins' without giving any reasoning?

abhilegend

The Marvel side will use their faith that Marvel will build something better or equal to Amazo.

How much more different is this to just saying 'Batman wins' without giving any reasoning?
Not in slightest.

JakeTheBank

Pretty much.

Prep-Man
Originally posted by abhilegend
Not in slightest.

??

abhilegend
??
Sarcasm.

Prep-Man
Do you agree with the above statement?

abhilegend
Do you agree with the above statement?
No.

Prep-Man
Well, what do you think happens?

abhilegend
Well, what do you think happens?
Split or an edge to DC side.

leonidas
terrific>forge?? blink

forge once created a device that was going to completely DEPOWER every hero on earth.....

forge is enormously underrated in this. he also has extensive knowledge of magic. i'd take forge just behind doom/reed.

DarkSaint85
Terrific....is invisible to machines. OMACs (which, btw, is arguably up there in terms of Batman's robot skills), Amazo, Metal Men...none of them can detect him.

I guess it kinda becomes a 'whatever the DC team can come up with, Terrific can defetat their sensor tech'.

Does that put him above Forge? I don't know. But he's definately up there.

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.