Thor(movie) vs Silver Surfer(movie)

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.

ozz81
Movie versions ( Marvel) in the above who takes this and why ?

juggerman
Gotta go with Thor. Wasnt Sufer taken out by the foursome? I dont recall exactly but i dont think they could take Thor

Placidity
Surfer

Lord Feron
Silver Surfer had a stupid ass weakness where if he was seperated from his board he was powerless or some shit.

I think thor would pack enough whallop to know him off with a hammer toss or mass lighting strike. Thor thor would just jump on him and start pounding away.

janus77
Surfer kills him with ease.

Thor is no Reed Richards/Doom.

Placidity
Originally posted by Lord Feron
Silver Surfer had a stupid ass weakness where if he was seperated from his board he was powerless or some shit.

I think thor would pack enough whallop to know him off with a hammer toss or mass lighting strike. Thor thor would just jump on him and start pounding away.

Um yea a few problems there.

- No evidence to suggest he can be "knocked off" his board by force.
- He can become one with his board.
- Intangibility - Thor can't touch him with his fists or hammer.
- Can absorb the lightning.
- Can fly, maneuver, is faster and more agile in the air - absolutely no way Thor can tag him.
- Tanked Doom's blasts - trust me, they are strong.
- Matter manipulation
- Energy manipulation
- Large AOE Cosmic blasts - Note AOE, not beams which can be deflected.
- Cosmic AOE Transmutation Wave
- Telekinesis
- Tanked Thing's hits
- If all else fails (lol), Kamikaze explosion bigger than the size of Earth.

There is a reason why Surfer is ranked 1 in the MCU thread.

Thor dies.

janus77
I think some people are overrating Thor a little, on kmc.

Zack Fair
Originally posted by janus77
I think some people are overrating Thor a little, on kmc.

LoL. you think?

abhilegend
Surfer.

Newjak
Going with Surfer, his blast at the end of the movie could be right up there with Superman's turn planet backwards feat.

Lord Feron
Originally posted by Placidity

- Can fly, maneuver, is faster and more agile in the air - absolutely no way Thor can tag him.
- Matter manipulation
- Energy manipulation
- Telekinesis
- Tanked Thing's hits

Thor dies.

Well I would imagine that someone like Thor could knock him off his board but you are right I don't remember anyone or anyone attempting to knock Surfer off his board with force...

Also, damn!! I don't remember half the crap you just said... Maybe I should watch that movie again... I think NOT! lol

Utrigita
Doom was knocked off the Surfers Board iirc and still had full access to Surfers power. I also have my doubt about Thor having the ability to make the Surfer's board liquid like Reed did.

And lets not forget Surfer basically vaporized Doom in one blast and reassembled him again. Better then anything Thor have done in my book.

vince_slice
Reed with prep created a device that cut off Surfers access to his board and hence access to his power (which is kind of retarded). Unless Thor has Reed level intellect and prep, I doubt he could cut off Surfer's access to his board permanently.

*Edit: FYI Surfer didn't didn't die when he blew up Galactus. After the credits he was shown lying on his board floating in space unconscious. They were suppose to have a Silver Surfer film after, too bad he FF movies sucked.

gogogadgetgo
Originally posted by Placidity

- Matter manipulation
- Energy manipulation
- Telekinesis
- Tanked Thing's hits

Thor dies.

um, no evidence that surfer can't be forcefully removed from his board by physical means. and going by Thor's feats (Thor and avengers movies), Thor would most likely has enough physical strength and power to do so.

works both ways see.

your just biased against thor.

with that, surfer wins.

CosmicComet
Originally posted by gogogadgetgo
um, no evidence that surfer can't be forcefully removed from his board by physical means. and going by Thor's feats (Thor and avengers movies), Thor would most likely has enough physical strength and power to do so.

works both ways see.

your just biased against thor.

with that, surfer wins.

I'm sorry, but no.

Thor does NOT have the demonstrated feats to show he can do anything to seperate Surfer from his board.

bbrem123
surfer destroys thor

gogogadgetgo
Originally posted by CosmicComet
I'm sorry, but no.

Thor does NOT have the demonstrated feats to show he can do anything to seperate Surfer from his board.

you must have

1. watched the incredible hulk returns movie staring eric kramer as thor and lou ferrigno as the hulk and are going by those feats

2. didn't see the thor and avengers movies

3. had your eye's closed during the thor and hulk movies

4. in denial coz thor was awesome.

eitherways, get over it biased boy.

CosmicComet
Thor and the Avengers had feats equal to a planet sized blast against Galactus which failed to kill or separate Surfer from his board?

Perhaps you didn't understand the notion that Surfer was only seperated from his power and board through specific prep? Perhaps you didn't understand the notion that Surfer 'can become one with his board'?

Perhaps you failed to realize that feats determine winners here, and not sentiment, which is what you are demonstrating--the bias rests with you I'm afraid.

Or perhaps, you just didn't remember the F4 silver surfer movie very well. Which would be excusable.

bbrem123
Originally posted by gogogadgetgo
you must have

1. watched the incredible hulk returns movie staring eric kramer as thor and lou ferrigno as the hulk and are going by those feats

2. didn't see the thor and avengers movies

3. had your eye's closed during the thor and hulk movies

4. in denial coz thor was awesome.

eitherways, get over it biased boy.

hmmm no

Newjak
You know what I thought would be funny is if Surfer Absorbed a hammer toss from Thor nto his board like the missile then his board dropped to the ground and it couldn't move stick out tongue

The Sorrow
Surfer convincingly

rotiart
In the movie surfers power source was his surfboard. It was his connection to it that gave him his power. In the movie Reed discovered a frequency that would disrupt that natural connection.

Doom created a device to tap into the boards power.

Surfer easily walked through all of the ff4 until his weakness was introduced. That was a plot induced issue though.

Of course surfer wasn't shown taking hits from a Thor level threat... The best we have is a doom surfer who was doing well against a ff4 amalgam until the device doom used to harness the power broke due to the human torches heat...

So far Thor doesn't display energy manipulation on the scale necessary to neutralize surfers powers. Surfer thus is a viable threat.

I'd edge to movie version of surfer 7/10

JakeTheBank
Surfer.

vince_slice
Originally posted by Utrigita

And lets not forget Surfer basically vaporized Doom in one blast and reassembled him again. Better then anything Thor have done in my book.

http://gifsoup.com/view1/1317713/silver-surfer-o.gif

Mindset
In the movie could SS recall his board back to him?

Black bolt z
Surfer.

vince_slice
Originally posted by Mindset
In the movie could SS recall his board back to him?
Yeah, Surfer summoned it back to him near the end after Doom lost it.

Thor19b
Thor would kick his ass with ease! Thor defeated the Destroyer with no problem and I know he would defeat the puny Surfer.

asdf83
Based on film versions Surfer could probably take the entire Avengers.

vince_slice
Originally posted by Thor19b
Thor would kick his ass with ease! Thor defeated the Destroyer with no problem and I know he would defeat the puny Surfer.
And Surfer defeated Galactus, which trumps that.

http://i49.tinypic.com/20793pe.gif

Bouboumaster
If in the comics, they are about equals, in the movies, they sure as shit aren't. Surfer wtfpwn Thor.

ozz81
Originally posted by Bouboumaster
If in the comics, they are about equals, in the movies, they sure as shit aren't. Surfer wtfpwn Thor.

Cool in comics didnt SS once state that thor was his superior in comics i.e that the odinforce/or power in his mallet is beyond his powers etc...

BruceSkywalker
movie Surfer was a joke.. move Thor won;t have much of s problem

Bouboumaster
Originally posted by ozz81
Cool in comics didnt SS once state that thor was his superior in comics i.e that the odinforce/or power in his mallet is beyond his powers etc...

In their last battle, they fought to a statlemate. But I agree that Thor has a winning record over Surfer

CosmicComet
Originally posted by BruceSkywalker
movie Surfer was a joke.. move Thor won;t have much of s problem

what? no expression

ares834
Originally posted by vince_slice
And Surfer defeated Galactus, which trumps that.

http://i49.tinypic.com/20793pe.gif

If there ever was a feat so stupid it should be ignored... it's this one.

vince_slice
Originally posted by ares834
If there ever was a feat so stupidly high that it can't be ignored... it's this one.
I fixed it for you.

CosmicComet
I fixed it for you.

baha.

this.

Utrigita
http://gifsoup.com/view1/1317713/silver-surfer-o.gif

Yes?

Zack Fair
So Surfer blows himself up to kill Thor? Surely he can do better than that.

vince_slice
Originally posted by Zack Fair
So Surfer blows himself up to kill Thor? Surely he can do better than that. I doubt Surfer needs a Galactus destroying blast to beat Thor. Probably much much less. And Surfer didn't die from that explosion.

abhilegend
I doubt Surfer needs a Galactus destroying blast to beat Thor. Probably much much less. And Surfer didn't die from that explosion.
He was seen floating and then his eyes snapped open after the credits IIRC.

Rage.Of.Olympus
Surfer.

vince_slice
Originally posted by abhilegend
He was seen floating and then his eyes snapped open after the credits IIRC. Yeah I remember that too. It was like mid-credits or something. If the FF movies didn't suck Surfer would've gotten his own movie. sad

Rage.Of.Olympus
Surfer was the best thing about that movie.

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.