WW3 Black Adam vs. Thor

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.

Hulkbuster1
Battle conditions: Ruthless Aggression!
Battlefeild: Death valley, Night time.

Sin I AM
Correct me if im wrong but isn't ww3 black Adam just regular old black Adam. Thor ftw

juggerman
Black Adam all day

bbrem123
Originally posted by Sin I AM
Correct me if im wrong but isn't ww3 black Adam just regular old black Adam. Thor ftw

lol yea thats what I thougt too

juggerman
He was the same just pissed the f*** off

Sin I AM
People need to read more BA is always pissed off. Still ain't beating Thor

bbrem123
People need to read more BA is always pissed off. Still ain't beating Thor haha

juggerman
Never was he pissed off like this

abhilegend
Adam wins. He was powered by 7 gods in WWIII.

Sin I AM
what's his greatest feat

juggerman
He was taking on just about every single DC hero minus Supes Bats and WW by himself and winning

juggerman
They couldnt beat him so Cap Marvel had to SHAZAM him into next week

abhilegend
what's his greatest feat
Not losing a single fight without any type of plot device since his creation back in 40's.

Sin I AM
Are you trolling

JakeTheBank
It's true from what I can remember.

That's not to say he can't be beaten or KO'd, obviously.

abhilegend
Are you trolling
Remind me of the last time anyone beat adam in a straight fight without any type of plot device?

Sin I AM
hawkman. But you still haven't told me what feats he has during ww3 fhat put him above thor

abhilegend
hawkman. But you still haven't told me what feats he has during ww3 fhat put him above thor
When he had a mace made by Alan? He was hurt, not beaten. Beating martian manhunter in a few punches, taking whole lot of heroes without even slowing down etc. Thor isn't beating him for majority.

Sin I AM
MM was the only one of significance. Stop acting like the jsa was a premier team at the time. Replace teth with any peer im his class amd the same feats could be replicated

abhilegend
MM was the only one of significance. Stop acting like the jsa was a premier team at the time. Replace teth with any peer im his class amd the same feats could be replicated
You are kidding right? JSA has always been more powerful than JLA AFAIK. At their average portrayals? Not likely.

Naija boy
Thor ftw

Sin I AM
Originally posted by abhilegend
You are kidding right? JSA has always been more powerful than JLA AFAIK. At their average portrayals? Not likely.

so what makes yoi think.he can beat thor

abhilegend
so what makes yoi think.he can beat thor
That at his normal level he can give thor a hell of a fight and he is amped here?

Sin I AM
That at his normal level he can give thor a hell of a fight and he is amped here?

are you asking me or are you telling me? I am gonna assume it's the former. Yes at normal levels BA can give Thor hell but he wasn't amped. remember he was power sharing in 52 and osiris and Isis had just died. similar to billys power share dynamics. He was just back at normal levels. plus he was jus determined and not pulling punches against people who were trying to contain him

abhilegend
are you asking me or are you telling me? I am gonna assume it's the former. Yes at normal levels BA can give Thor hell but he wasn't amped. remember he was power sharing in 52 and osiris and Isis had just died. similar to billys power share dynamics. He was just back at normal levels. plus he was jus determined and not pulling punches against people who were trying to contain him
He was amped as he was powered by 7 gods rather than by 6 gods as usual. Maybe, maybe not but I'm not seeing thor beating adam at that point.

Nihilist
Adam

Sin I AM
He was amped as he was powered by 7 gods rather than by 6 gods as usual. Maybe, maybe not but I'm not seeing thor beating adam at that point.

Who was the seventh God? iirc Iris did not imbue him with anything

namorsubby
Black adam wins.

abhilegend
Who was the seventh God? iirc Iris did not imbue him with anything
I'd have to re-read it to make sure. No, Isis gave him the amp after he absorbed the power he gave to osiris after osiris died.

Colossus-Big C
black adam physically manhandles him

Sin I AM
I'd have to re-read it to make sure. No, Isis gave him the amp after he absorbed the power he gave to osiris after osiris died.

the "amp" he got from osiris was his own power. Iris power comes from a different source.

abhilegend
the "amp" he got from osiris was his own power. Iris power comes from a different source.
That's what I'm saying. He was full powered after taking back his power from Osiris and then got an amp when he took the power of Isis.

Sin I AM
Id have to check iirc he didn't receive it amd if he did it was ambiguous

tkitna
Thor

Hyperion Prime
Black Adam wears Thor out.

the Darkone
Thor beats his a$$ down!!

Prep-Man
Adam rips thor's face off.

-Pr-
Id have to check iirc he didn't receive it amd if he did it was ambiguous

it was pretty clear that she gave him her power, iirc.

Sin I AM
Not really. And if he did it wasng signifigant since he only ran thru a bunch of low to mid tiers with a few top tiers holding back.

abhilegend
Not really. And if he did it wasng signifigant since he only ran thru a bunch of low to mid tiers with a few top tiers holding back.
durly

Sin I AM
durly

Yes I am right. You disagree?

-Pr-

I'd have to re-read it, but I remember it being pretty clear.

It was significant enough, I thought. Unless you're seriously calling people like Guy Gardner and Power Girl "Mid Tiers".

abhilegend
Yes I am right. You disagree?
Of course I disagree.

Sin I AM
Originally posted by -Pr-
I'd have to re-read it, but I remember it being pretty clear.

It was significant enough, I thought. Unless you're seriously calling people like Guy Gardner and Power Girl "Mid Tiers".

They were the ones holding back. And on average Paul a lantern is < Adam

-Pr-
They were the ones holding back. And on average Paul a lantern is < Adam

How were they holding back? If anything, most of them seemed to be wanting to put Adam down.

On average? Not imo. The best Lanterns, like Hal etc? Then yes, I would say he's > Adam, but not by a whole lot.

Hulkbuster1
Happy Dance Originally posted by -Pr-
Basically black adam was powered by six gods in ww3 he was powered by 1 more making seven. The six gods granted him strenght,magic resistance, durability, flight, courage, wisdom, see into the future,Use the lighting to amp up and to strike enemies as lightening or through hands,stamina,Healing and survive any atmosphere. The seventh god amp up all his attributes making him stronger than superman and it allowed him to recover any intense damage and stamina through the lighting shazam.

-Pr-
Originally posted by Hulkbuster1
Happy Dance Originally posted by -Pr-
Basically black adam was powered by six gods in ww3 he was powered by 1 more making seven. The six gods granted him strenght,magic resistance, durability, flight, courage, wisdom, see into the future,Use the lighting to amp up and to strike enemies as lightening or through hands,stamina,Healing and survive any atmosphere. The seventh god amp up all his attributes making him stronger than superman and it allowed him to recover any intense damage and stamina through the lighting shazam.

Huh?

Sin I AM
How were they holding back? If anything, most of them seemed to be wanting to put Adam down.

On average? Not imo. The best Lanterns, like Hal etc? Then yes, I would say he's > Adam, but not by a whole lot.

I disagree. But he just didn't impress me the way you all are portraying. He's beaten Scott before. Power girl wanted to restrain him....Billy was the only who wanted him "put down" and he wasn't out to hurt him just depower him.

BA was lucky Diana, Clark, weren't there. IMO that's why he was such a threat since Billy was being a pussy and the big 3 were mia

-Pr-
I disagree. But he just didn't impress me the way you all are portraying. He's beaten Scott before. Power girl wanted to restrain him....Billy was the only who wanted him "put down" and he wasn't out to hurt him just depower him.

BA was lucky Diana, Clark, weren't there. IMO that's why he was such a threat since Billy was being a pussy and the big 3 were mia

Fair enough; I just don't agree.

Well that was the point, I thought: This was a world without Superman at least, because if Superman had been there, it would have just been him and Adam going at it most likely.

Hulkbuster1
Huh? I gave a list of his powers. He had a lot. His seventh power amped up all his other abilites and increased his strength way above supes. His most dangerous abilities from the seventh god was increase magic resistance and recover any battle damage and stamina by summoning a lighting on himself. Thors in trouble yes

-Pr-
Originally posted by Hulkbuster1
I gave a list of his powers. He had a lot. His seventh power amped up all his other abilites and increased his strength way above supes.

Says who?

Sin I AM
Lol

the Darkone
Thor is a God that holds back tremendously, so what WW Black Adam was doing isnt nothing new Thor was doing worse and was a threat to the universe in B&T arch. If Thor is allowed to cut lose and not hold back, WW3 BA would be in trouble, Thor would release a force of cosmic nature which BA havent seen, Thor enters warrior madness which is possible, Thor would f**k up BA period, BA would be hammer shots to the head.

Prep-Man
On average, Adam is just too fast for Thor. It won't take long before Adam separates Thor and his hammer. Plus Adam is more durable, too.

the Darkone
Originally posted by Prep-Man
On average, Adam is just too fast for Thor. It won't take long before Adam separates Thor and his hammer. Plus Adam is more durable, too.

More durable I doubt that, It wont be too long before Thor separates BA jaw from the rest of his head!!

Sin I AM

This

Entire post is wrong

Prep-Man
He is. The Marvel and Adam have some of the best durability feats. The tessect bomb, and creating an earthquake (i think it was an earthquake) inside his head is an example.

Black Adam is known, even in PC days to have insane durability. He was basically Juggernaut.

Sin I AM
He is. The Marvel and Adam have some of the best durability feats. The tessect bomb, and creating an earthquake (i think it was an earthquake) inside his head is an example.

Black Adam is known, even in PC days to have insane durability. He was basically Juggernaut.

Are you trolling. Thor is extremely durable as well but to compare Adam to Cain. Put the pipe down. Plus if HM pwned him he ain't blitzing Thor

-Pr-
Adam isn't too durable for Thor to hurt, nor is he too fast.

Sin I AM
Exactly didn't you and bada create a thread debunking myths?

CosmicComet
Are you trolling. Thor is extremely durable as well but to compare Adam to Cain. Put the pipe down. Plus if HM pwned him he ain't blitzing Thor

He's blitzing Thor.

One thinks in nanoseconds, one does not.

Sin I AM
Originally posted by CosmicComet
He's blitzing Thor.

If norrin can't neither can teth

Prep-Man
He's blitzing Thor.

thumb up

JakeTheBank
Adam isn't too durable for Thor to hurt, nor is he too fast.

This.

CosmicComet
If norrin can't neither can teth

Norrin has no real viable physical/reflex speeds like Adam.

And if he does have one here and there, honestly, he's jobbing if Thor can hit him.

JakeTheBank

And if he does have one here and there, honestly, he's jobbing if Thor can hit him.

Or Thor has the needed reflexes/capabilities to hit him.

CosmicComet
Unlikely.

Thor has too many demonstrations of upper end street levelers being comparable to him in CQC

Thor is fast, faster than anything alive (blocking bullets and even better grabbing tank shells), but then again, so are upper end street levelers.

Sin I AM

Thor has responded to instantaneous attacks you know. Amd your lowballing surfer

JakeTheBank
Unlikely.

Thor has too many demonstrations of upper end street levelers being comparable to him in CQC

Thor is fast, faster than anything alive (blocking bullets and even better grabbing tank shells), but then again, so are upper end street levelers.

And yet Thor can and has tagged beings with superspeed before, and that's without considering Mjolnir can do most of the work for him through homing capabilities, massive AoE attacks, and everything else.

If every time someone like Norrin or Teth getting tagged by "someone who shouldn't" is PIS, a low end feat, or jobbing, that same line of thought applies to Thor's capabilities as well. And it shouldn't stop at speed, either. Considering Thor's energy manipulation and absorbing feats, any time he's staggered by a blast or fails to defend against one shouldn't count because we've seen him redirect energy on a galactic scale and nigh instantly at times. And if we do that, we may as well apply it across the board to every character's feats given what we've seen them do on panel with whatever power they're shown capable of.

CosmicComet
Thor has responded to instantaneous attacks you know. Amd your lowballing surfer

laughing out loud

'instaneous'

We don't deal in unquantifiable hyperbole.

Like Thor blocking some psi-bolts that were stated to come out an 'instant'.

What does that mean, that Thor's arm > an 'instant'?

In fiction, 'instant' is a vague qualifier that can mean even a whole second, it has to be explicitly said to be planck time to count as what you are thinking of.

If Thor had some feat where he could physcially rebuild a city in seconds or run around the world at light-speed without running into anything, (Superman has done the first, and Adam has done the latter) then he would have high end speedster level feats.

Using a catch all term like 'speedsters' like Jake has done, doesn't help Thor's case. Someone like Quicksilver, is a far lower speedster than a kryptonian level one like Teth. Quicksilver is hypersonic anyway, something street leverers are supposed to be able to react to.

Prep-Man
What speedsters has Norin defeated?

And Adam is overall more durable. His WW3 example isn't even his best showing against a team, IMO. It's when he fought the JSA which had Hourman and Dr. Fate. Dr. Fate and HM had to work together and use PIS to defeat Adam.

JakeTheBank
What speedsters has Norin defeated?

And Adam is overall more durable. His WW3 example isn't even his best showing against a team, IMO. It's when he fought the JSA which had Hourman and Dr. Fate. Dr. Fate and HM had to work together and use PIS to defeat Adam.

You're talking about a rookie Hector Hall and Hourman going back and time and causing Teth to Shazam himself?

Prep-Man
Originally posted by JakeTheBank
You're talking about a rookie Hector Hall and Hourman going back and time and causing Teth to Shazam himself?

Yes, it's in his respect thread.

-Pr-

We did; real life got in the way due to my immigration, but I will be revisiting it soon hopefully.

He's blitzing Thor.

Adam fights how he would fight, not how you want him to.

Sin I AM
Exactly. people are taking speed too far

namorsubby
Black adam would beat thors brains out with his own hammer, and we all know it. But sure, lets say thor in the interest of favoring the more popular character among kmc forum members. It's virtually a kmc tradition.

Hyperion Prime
I am a Thor mark. Hell I have Thor action figures everywhere...Marvel legends and marvel Select. He aint beatin Adanm though, unless he comes bloodlusted. he won't though and will lose to Adam.

"Id"

Actually that was me. I kicked off the topic, and its nice that others took part of it.

-Pr-
Originally posted by "Id"
Actually that was me. I kicked off the topic, and its nice that others took part of it.

Different threads stick out tongue

CosmicComet

Adam fights how he would fight, not how you want him to.

So, he attacks Thor at his nanosecond activated perception speed, and then he stands in place for what will literally feel like minutes to him, or more, for Thor's return attack?

It's basically an admission that Black Adam is allowing Thor a chance to win if he fights like this, not that Thor can win on his own merits, which is why its a funny argument.

He fights the way he's realistically supposed to based on feats. That is the PIS elimination factor.

-Pr-
So, he attacks Thor at his nanosecond activated perception speed, and then he stands in place for what will literally feel like minutes to him, or more, for Thor's return attack?

It's basically an admission that Black Adam is allowing Thor a chance to win if he fights like this, not that Thor can win on his own merits, which is why its a funny argument.

He fights the way he's realistically supposed to based on feats. That is the PIS elimination factor.

He fights the way that's in character for him. It's a debate based on the character, not the powerset.

CosmicComet
So basically, Adam will stand around waiting for Thor to hit him for what would feel like almost 20 minutes, since he has nanosecond reflexes and thor is at best microsecond reflexes or so at best based on some one-off statement from decades ago.

-Pr-
So basically, Adam will stand around waiting for Thor to hit him for what would feel like almost 20 minutes, since he has nanosecond reflexes and thor is at best microsecond reflexes or so at best based on some one-off statement from decades ago.

Nope. He just won't fight out of character either.

JakeTheBank
Originally posted by namorsubby
Black adam would beat thors brains out with his own hammer, and we all know it. But sure, lets say thor in the interest of favoring the more popular character among kmc forum members. It's virtually a kmc tradition.

lol not sure if serious...?

CosmicComet
Nope. He just won't fight out of character either.

But how is Thor ever expected to get a hit in unless BA lets him?

This is the type of reflexes differential we're talking about.

-Pr-

Why would Adam feel the need to dodge in the first place?

The differential is debatable, tbh. Even if it wasn't, Adam isn't exactly Ali.

JakeTheBank

Homing attacks, massive storms, etc.? And the fact that Thor's shown no trouble hitting people like Hyperion, Gladiator, Sentry, etc. Unless you think they all jobbed to Thor or Thor being able to hit them is PIS?

CosmicComet
Why would Adam feel the need to dodge in the first place?

The differential is debatable, tbh. Even if it wasn't, Adam isn't exactly Ali.

@Jake too

Why would Adam willingly stand in place and wait for what would feel like 10 to 20+ minutes to him for Thor to initiate a single attack?

Again, you guys rarely seem to understand the issue of speed thoroughly in debates, or, just gloss it over.

Adam is on the nanosecond reflexes level here, and if 1 nanosecond feel like to him what 1 second feels like to us (for simplicities' sake), that means Thor making a counter strike that takes 1 microsecond, is going to literally feel like 16 to 17 minutes to Black Adam. Because 1 microsecond is 1000 nanoseconds.

And this isn't even from low balling Thor either. This is me acknowledging the most clear cut, and possibly best attribution of speed (statement or feat) that Thor's pretty much ever gotten from a writer, literally being told by the narration that he was performing an action in microseconds. Even if its old and inconsistent, whereas Adam's speed is permanently part of his powerset--even if he doesn't always use it for plot's sake.

It's pretty much just working off sentiment here. People go off what 'feels right'. It doesn't 'feel right' to say a big shot top tier like Thor could be stomped by someone like Superman or Black Adam, but really, that's all we have to go by. Feats. That is the only objective way to look at things.

I don't like Black Adam any more than I like Thor, so its not even a bias issue here, its just acknowledging what feats mean.

If this were any other obscure character and not someone popular like Thor, (hell let's say this character isn't even in Marvel or DC at all) who's speed feats were comparable, would anyone argue if someone said Black Adam could speed blitz said character? Probably not, especially if the argument is gotten by feat comparisons--exactly as I'm talking about here. They wouldn't care enough, and it wouldn't 'feel wrong' to say Black Adam could speed blitz said character. But it definitely 'feels wrong' to say Black Adam could do so to Thor am I right? I don't care about what feels what way though, I care about feats.

If there are quantifiable feats or even clear cut statements that can put Thor in Adam's speed and reflexes class that's different, that's doing something objective, but otherwise, its simply sentiment at play here.

and Ali? Strange comparison. Ali's reflexes were not several orders of magnitude greater than his opponents, maybe 25% at best, and that was still enough for him to make a lot of people look like clowns.

deathlife
Could go either way.

Although i would go with Adam for a majority.

-Pr-
@Jake too

Why would Adam willingly stand in place and wait for what would feel like 10 to 20+ minutes to him for Thor to initiate a single attack?

Again, you guys rarely seem to understand the issue of speed thoroughly in debates, or, just gloss it over.

Adam is on the nanosecond reflexes level here, and if 1 nanosecond feel like to him what 1 second feels like to us (for simplicities' sake), that means Thor making a counter strike that takes 1 microsecond, is going to literally feel like 16 to 17 minutes to Black Adam. Because 1 microsecond is 1000 nanoseconds.

And this isn't even from low balling Thor either. This is me acknowledging the most clear cut, and possibly best attribution of speed (statement or feat) that Thor's pretty much ever gotten from a writer, literally being told by the narration that he was performing an action in microseconds. Even if its old and inconsistent, whereas Adam's speed is permanently part of his powerset--even if he doesn't always use it for plot's sake.

It's pretty much just working off sentiment here. People go off what 'feels right'. It doesn't 'feel right' to say a big shot top tier like Thor could be stomped by someone like Superman or Black Adam, but really, that's all we have to go by. Feats. That is the only objective way to look at things.

I don't like Black Adam any more than I like Thor, so its not even a bias issue here, its just acknowledging what feats mean.

If this were any other obscure character and not someone popular like Thor, (hell let's say this character isn't even in Marvel or DC at all) who's speed feats were comparable, would anyone argue if someone said Black Adam could speed blitz said character? Probably not, especially if the argument is gotten by feat comparisons--exactly as I'm talking about here. They wouldn't care enough, and it wouldn't 'feel wrong' to say Black Adam could speed blitz said character. But it definitely 'feels wrong' to say Black Adam could do so to Thor am I right? I don't care about what feels what way though, I care about feats.

If there are quantifiable feats or even clear cut statements that can put Thor in Adam's speed and reflexes class that's different, that's doing something objective, but otherwise, its simply sentiment at play here.

and Ali? Strange comparison. Ali's reflexes were not several orders of magnitude greater than his opponents, maybe 25% at best, and that was still enough for him to make a lot of people look like clowns.

You're making an awful lot of assumptions about how Adam sees the world.

Nobody's glossing over anything; you're just trying to argue powerset as opposed to character. Could Adam blitz someone like Thor? Possibly. Would he? That's the question.

It's not sentimentaility in the slightest; it's the desire to accurately portray how Adam would behave in a fight, which is what you seem to be refusing to do (and not for the first time I might add).

And no, my comparison to Ali was not about reflex speed, but rather his willingness to dance around his opponents. Adam isn't that kind of fighter.

CosmicComet
I'm not making any assumptions, I'm going off feats.

Black Adam can comfortably maneuver on Earth running at lightspeed. Seeing as lightspeed is fast enough to travel around the equator about 8 times in a single second, that firmly puts Black Adam in the nanosecond level. (light only travels one foot in a nanosecond btw).

So basically, with the 'would he' question, the argument again becomes that Thor's chances of winning rest sorely on Adam's treatment of the fight.

I'm fine with that, because its an admission that Thor has no counter for the speed and can only win if Adam deliberately fights stupidly (extremely stupidly, standing in one spot for what feels like minutes) enough to allow him the chance.

Like I said in the past. Feats are number 1. Not character, despite what the rules say. Because some entity with feats and no dialogue or character statements can theoretically be argued for in a thread vs another character, but a character that has dialogue and an established personality, but no feats, can't in principle be used in threads.

carver9
Thor wins.

deathlife
Even though i think Adam will win a slight majortity, saying Thor isn't fast enough to hit Adam isn't consistent with how both characters have been portrayed.

It really isn't.

CosmicComet
You want consistency?

Thor is consistently on par with high street levelers in speed and reflexes.

Black Adam is consistently on par with Kryptonians in speed and reflexes.

Trust me, my argument makes Thor better than what he is consistently, since its a high end statement/feat for Thor.

abhilegend
And yet Thor can and has tagged beings with superspeed before, and that's without considering Mjolnir can do most of the work for him through homing capabilities, massive AoE attacks, and everything else.

If every time someone like Norrin or Teth getting tagged by "someone who shouldn't" is PIS, a low end feat, or jobbing, that same line of thought applies to Thor's capabilities as well. And it shouldn't stop at speed, either. Considering Thor's energy manipulation and absorbing feats, any time he's staggered by a blast or fails to defend against one shouldn't count because we've seen him redirect energy on a galactic scale and nigh instantly at times. And if we do that, we may as well apply it across the board to every character's feats given what we've seen them do on panel with whatever power they're shown capable of.
We've argued upon this topic before jake. Speed isn't thor's forte here and if you think he's going to have an easy time based upon his fights against other speedsters though he's almost no noteworthy speed feats of his own, then can I use adam's perfect record in fights and declare him the winner? No one has koed adam in a straight up fight without any plot devices, why should we assume that thor can ko him here?

-Pr-
I'm not making any assumptions, I'm going off feats.

Black Adam can comfortably maneuver on Earth running at lightspeed. Seeing as lightspeed is fast enough to travel around the equator about 8 times in a single second, that firmly puts Black Adam in the nanosecond level. (light only travels one foot in a nanosecond btw).

So basically, with the 'would he' question, the argument again becomes that Thor's chances of winning rest sorely on Adam's treatment of the fight.

I'm fine with that, because its an admission that Thor has no counter for the speed and can only win if Adam deliberately fights stupidly (extremely stupidly, standing in one spot for what feels like minutes) enough to allow him the chance.

Like I said in the past. Feats are number 1. Not character, despite what the rules say. Because some entity with feats and no dialogue or character statements can theoretically be argued for in a thread vs another character, but a character that has dialogue and an established personality, but no feats, can't in principle be used in threads.

In your opinion.

Yet we still argue characters, not powersets. You're making a lot of assumptions, tbh. Incorrect ones at that.

The rules are the rules.

JakeTheBank
We've argued upon this topic before jake. Speed isn't thor's forte here and if you think he's going to have an easy time based upon his fights against other speedsters though he's almost no noteworthy speed feats of his own, then can I use adam's perfect record in fights and declare him the winner? No one has koed adam in a straight up fight without any plot devices, why should we assume that thor can ko him here?

Did I say Thor has a easy time here? No, I didn't.

I did state that given Thor's capabilities, powers, and reflexes, he's able to tag speedsters, which is true and supported on panel.

I have no issue with the argument that such and such can or has the capability to speedblitz Thor. What I do have issue with is that Thor would be a living statue to said character and would have no means of mustering an attack or counterattack in the fight. It's a falsehood when you look at what Thor can and has done on panel.

And since I didn't say Thor has an easy time here in spite of your claiming the opposite, it makes no sense to apply a no-limits fallacy on Black Adam, which isn't even the subject of contention as far as this discussion goes.

abhilegend
Did I say Thor has a easy time here? No, I didn't.

I did state that given Thor's capabilities, powers, and reflexes, he's able to tag speedsters, which is true and supported on panel.

I have no issue with the argument that such and such can or has the capability to speedblitz Thor. What I do have issue with is that Thor would be a living statue to said character and would have no means of mustering an attack or counterattack in the fight. It's a falsehood when you look at what Thor can and has done on panel.

And since I didn't say Thor has an easy time here in spite of your claiming the opposite, it makes no sense to apply a no-limits fallacy on Black Adam, which isn't even the subject of contention as far as this discussion goes.
Why not? You are arguing that thor can hit adam and he has enough reflexes and feats based upon his fights with speedsters which is consistent for thor which isn't true at all. Thor has far much trouble throughout his history in tagging low level speedsters than he has tagged the high level speedsters who aren't using their speed to counter the attacks of thor. Now when I'm using adam's consistency in his fights throughout his history its suddenly "No Limits fallacy", huh? I've never claimed that thor would be a statue but can he actively fight back before he gets overwhelmed against speedsters at adam's level IF they are using the speed is the issue here and frankly from what I've seen from thor, I've a hard time believing it.

You mean this

http://i388.photobucket.com/albums/oo326/OneDumbG0/Thor%20Stats/ThorSuperspeed18428.jpg

Then what about all of these

http://i1113.photobucket.com/albums/k508/abhilegend/Marvel/WebofSpider-Man104-13.jpg

http://i1113.photobucket.com/albums/k508/abhilegend/Marvel/WebofSpider-Man104-14.jpg

http://i151.photobucket.com/albums/s132/Erik_Magnus_Lensherr/MagnetoDeflectPsionic.jpg

http://i1113.photobucket.com/albums/k508/abhilegend/Marvel/astonishingx-men-003-20.jpg

Sin I AM
I was referring to zephyr not Phoenix

abhilegend
I was referring to zephyr not Phoenix
You talking about this

http://i779.photobucket.com/albums/yy73/R-O-G/Thor/ReactsZefra.jpg

What's so instantaneous about this?

CosmicComet
In your opinion.

Yet we still argue characters, not powersets. You're making a lot of assumptions, tbh. Incorrect ones at that.

The rules are the rules.

What assumptions am I making?

I'm directly referring to feats.

The rules are faulty, as my example showed.

A high end Thor will feel like its taking several minutes for him to even get off a mjolnir strike to Black Adam

Sin I AM
You talking about this

http://i779.photobucket.com/albums/yy73/R-O-G/Thor/ReactsZefra.jpg

What's so instantaneous about this?

It is indicative that he can respond to speedsters. He's also responded to lightbased attacks after they were initiated

CosmicComet
Like I said 'speedsters' is a vague, useless catch all term.

Speedsters are not made equal.

A mach speeds Quicksilver is not equivalent to a light speed+ Black Adam. That is a huge divide.

We all know Thor if fast, you have to be in order to bullet time like he has. But he's not black adam fast.

Sin I AM
Like I said 'speedsters' is a vague, useless catch all term.

Speedsters are not made equal.

A mach speeds Quicksilver is not equivalent to a light speed+ Black Adam. That is a huge divide.

We all know Thor if fast, you have to be in order to bullet time like he has. But he's not black adam fast.

you are too caught up in powersets. BA just doesn't fight like that and marvel doesn't portray its heralds like DC does. That being said glads norrin and hyperion never used that tactic so its arguable it would work

carver9
you are too caught up in powersets. BA just doesn't fight like that and marvel doesn't portray its heralds like DC does. That being said glads norrin and hyperion never used that tactic so its arguable it would work

Lol...didn't you debate like that a week ago against the Hulk? Hypocrite. You always debate off of powerset and when its used against you, you don't like it. Cosmic is making good point when debating "in your fashion". Cosmic, if you would like the thread where sin is doing this, I don't mind posting it...it should help your argument even more.

Colossus-Big C
adam. based on the cross over ,the punches supes was hitting adam with during there fights would knock thor out.

iceman24567
Originally posted by Colossus-Big C
adam. based on the cross over ,the punches supes was hitting adam with during there fights would knock thor out. You realize cross overs aren't suppose to be used in debates? You been here for years and down know the most basic rules erm

Sin I AM
Originally posted by carver9
Lol...didn't you debate like that a week ago against the Hulk? Hypocrite. You always debate off of powerset and when its used against you, you don't like it. Cosmic is making good point when debating "in your fashion". Cosmic, if you would like the thread where sin is doing this, I don't mind posting it...it should help your argument even more.

What r u trolling about now. Post it as I am sure it has zero relevance here

carver9
What r u trolling about now. Post it as I am sure it has zero relevance here

You know exactly what I am talking about. Saying that Thor would stay in the air and use his weather powers against Hulk. Saying that Black Adam, Nova, along with other Heralds would be in the air fighting at light speed and Hulk wouldn't be able to participate in the battle. Saying that Nova would stay in the air and blast Hulk every time Hulk jumps at him. Your lame, out of character debating style based on powerset that you tend to do all of the time until its used against you.

iceman24567
You know exactly what I am talking about. Saying that Thor would stay in the air and use his weather powers against Hulk. Saying that Black Adam, Nova, along with other Heralds would be in the air fighting at light speed and Hulk wouldn't be able to participate in the battle. Saying that Nova would stay in the air and blast Hulk every time Hulk jumps at him. Your lame, out of character debating style based on powerset that you tend to do all of the time until its used against you. LOL carver mad yo

carver9
Originally posted by iceman24567
LOL carver mad yo

Respect your elder. mad

iceman24567
Respect your elder. mad Stuff you old turd

Sin I AM
LOL carver mad yo

Lol I know right. I said that hulk is the least useful character on his team because he is grounded and if the opposing team doesn't have a brick. Carter is just a little salty

carver9
Lol I know right. I said that hulk is the least useful character on his team because he is grounded and if the opposing team doesn't have a brick. Carter is just a little salty

Not salty at all...I'm saving this thread along with the other thread and every time you show your hypocrisy, I will post both of them for you.

carver9
And stop calling me Carter...that's not my name.

Sin I AM
Thanks Carter your the best smooches

iceman24567
Lol I know right. I said that hulk is the least useful character on his team because he is grounded and if the opposing team doesn't have a brick. Carter is just a little salty Oh you like salty nuts
http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v207/iceman2456/fFMjR.gif

Sin I AM
Oh you like salty nuts
http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v207/iceman2456/fFMjR.gif

who doesnt

iceman24567
who doesnt
http://i6.photobucket.com/albums/y232/LLSamSam/Gif%20Folder/sr_arfgjdf.gif

DarkSaint85
Hey, without salt, they're a little bland.

Sin I AM
Wait are we talking about man nuts or peanuts?

Cause I'm talking bout man nuts

DarkSaint85
I'm talking about peanuts, but I guess the same principle would apply.

Sin I AM
You sir are correct

DarkSaint85
What makes you think I'm a sir?

iceman24567
Wait are we talking about man nuts or peanuts?

Cause I'm talking bout man nuts
Originally posted by DarkSaint85
I'm talking about peanuts, but I guess the same principle would apply.
You sir are correct
http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v207/iceman2456/dance.gif

Sin I AM
What makes you think I'm a sir?

Because you don't know what salty man nutz taste like

DarkSaint85
I could be a....yeah, I don't even know why I'm trying to head down that dark, crepuscular route.

Sin I AM
I could be a....yeah, I don't even know why I'm trying to head down that dark, crepuscular route.

Its cool luv whatever gender you are ..u should try em atleast once

iceman24567
Its cool luv whatever gender you are ..u should try em atleast once You sound like a nut fanatic. You tried all the flavors yet?

Hulkbuster1
Its cool luv whatever gender you are ..u should try em atleast once
Cosign yes

Sin I AM
This thread is officially derailed thanks iceman

And yes I have

iceman24567
This thread is officially derailed thanks iceman

And yes I have It takes two to tango amigo
http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v207/iceman2456/lulz-1.gif

DarkSaint85
Haven't we all?

I'll add the transgenders to the list.

Sin I AM
I like Trans genders

CosmicComet

You are too caught up in glossing over the meaning of feats and speaking on sentiment. I'm sorry, but speed is NOT like strength. You can theoretically fight someone far stronger than you in comics by fighting smart. But if you don't have the requisite reflexes to tag someone faster than you, than you are not winning, period.

BA has the feats to say Thor would be a slug to him (including a high end speed Thor), this is fact. Saying 'Marvel doesn't portray its heralds like DC does'...is supposed to mean what? Is there some sort of treatise written in place where DC and Marvel characters that are arbitrarily decided to be on the 'same tier' (since there is no official, canon way to do this cross company.) are supposed to have close fights in hypothetical threads?

Like I said, this is arguing with sentiment. Your statement basically say that 'its unfair to Marvel characters since they don't have feats like that'...so we are supposed to tone DC characters DOWN for the sake of Marvel? Why? Because it 'doesn't feel right', to say one popular character stomps another popular character, even if the feats give a viable, objective platform for arguing that outcome? Tough Luck. If anything, the only 'unfairness' is not allowing the characters that have the superior abilities, access to the meaning of their abilities, just for the sake of trying to make a level fight. Why does a Thor vs Black Adam fight HAVE to be close, if Thor can't match the speed? You can't even say 'that's just one attribute', because that attribute is a huge one, and the gap within is huge.

It's arguments like this that continue to reaffirm to me why powersets are the BEST way to debate, since its the closest route to being truly objective and it is the most consistent.

-Pr-
What assumptions am I making?

I'm directly referring to feats.

The rules are faulty, as my example showed.

A high end Thor will feel like its taking several minutes for him to even get off a mjolnir strike to Black Adam

The rules aren't faulty simply because you don't like them.

This isn't "random joe with black adam's powers vs random joe with thor's powers" in this thread.

It's Thor and Black Adam, and both men behave in character. That's how these debates go. If you want to debate powersets, then do it in a tourney. Or another board.

And read up on Black Adam too, please.

Sin I AM
You are too caught up in glossing over the meaning of feats and speaking on sentiment. I'm sorry, but speed is NOT like strength. You can theoretically fight someone far stronger than you in comics by fighting smart. But if you don't have the requisite reflexes to tag someone faster than you, than you are not winning, period.

BA has the feats to say Thor would be a slug to him (including a high end speed Thor), this is fact. Saying 'Marvel doesn't portray its heralds like DC does'...is supposed to mean what? Is there some sort of treatise written in place where DC and Marvel characters that are arbitrarily decided to be on the 'same tier' (since there is no official, canon way to do this cross company.) are supposed to have close fights in hypothetical threads?

Like I said, this is arguing with sentiment. Your statement basically say that 'its unfair to Marvel characters since they don't have feats like that'...so we are supposed to tone DC characters DOWN for the sake of Marvel? Why? Because it 'doesn't feel right', to say one popular character stomps another popular character, even if the feats give a viable, objective platform for arguing that outcome? Tough Luck. If anything, the only 'unfairness' is not allowing the characters that have the superior abilities, access to the meaning of their abilities, just for the sake of trying to make a level fight. Why does a Thor vs Black Adam fight HAVE to be close, if Thor can't match the speed? You can't even say 'that's just one attribute', because that attribute is a huge one, and the gap within is huge.

It's arguments like this that continue to reaffirm to me why powersets are the BEST way to debate, since its the closest route to being truly objective and it is the most consistent.

Sorry cc but your wrong. your logic is faulty

CosmicComet
Sorry cc but your wrong. your logic is faulty

I'm afraid I'm the only one using logic to begin with.

Feats = logic.

iceman24567

Feats = logic. My fist + your face = logic http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v207/iceman2456/come-at-me-bro.jpg

abhilegend
It is indicative that he can respond to speedsters. He's also responded to lightbased attacks after they were initiated
laughing out loud

He just used a trap to catch a girl, nothing important about it. Batman has stopped a speeding impulse by catching his hair. Does that makes batman a speedster or someone who can respond to speedsters? Absolutely not. You mean lasers and stuff which street levelers react to daily basis?

http://i289.photobucket.com/albums/ll223/darknight2k/batvsheatvision2.jpg
http://i289.photobucket.com/albums/ll223/darknight2k/batmotionlasers5.jpg

DarkSaint85
I like Trans genders

Everyone does.

Sin I AM

Feats = logic.

But your not arguing only feats you have to take into account characters personalities

DarkSaint85
Ok, I'll go back on topic.

If we are arguing characterisation, surely the WW3 version of Black Adam DID speed blitz - he did kill the entire population of Bialya and destroyed its military infrastrucutre in 2 days, along with that Horseman. That's pretty much impossible without using superspeed.

OneDumbG0
^ Why would a High Herald wrecking a nation in 2 days require superspeed?

DarkSaint85
Because it would take too long to do at normal speed?

Sin I AM
Ok, I'll go back on topic.

If we are arguing characterisation, surely the WW3 version of Black Adam DID speed blitz - he did kill the entire population of Bialya and destroyed its military infrastrucutre in 2 days, along with that Horseman. That's pretty much impossible without using superspeed.

Noone is saying Teth isn't fast. I am just saying that speed is not going to be the determining factor im their battle. And even if he did blitz Thor. Mjolnir only need be spun around im front of him to negate it. Two days is an awfully long time for a HH to take to destroy one country too btw

abhilegend
laughing out loud

He just used a trap to catch a girl, nothing important about it. Batman has stopped a speeding impulse by catching his hair. Does that makes batman a speedster or someone who can respond to speedsters? Absolutely not. You mean lasers and stuff which street levelers react to daily basis?

http://i289.photobucket.com/albums/ll223/darknight2k/batvsheatvision2.jpg
http://i289.photobucket.com/albums/ll223/darknight2k/batmotionlasers5.jpg
Bottom of the page.

OneDumbG0
Because it would take too long to do at normal speed? I don't see the reasoning. We're talking about people that can bust planets, let alone countries.

DarkSaint85
He killed about 2 million people, plus all the animals, and all the insects.

In two days.

And fought that Horseman guy.

So that's about 12 people every second - and they won't have been all nicely gathered in a stadium for him to just squish - they would have been scattered all over the country, in houses, in offices etc. Presumably after day 1, they'd also be in hiding.

Then after killing the 12 people every second, he'd have to stop for the animals and insects. Then find time for destroying tanks and what not.

Its not like Adam has any energy projection or mass effect powers (unless you're saying he continually wandered up and down the country shouting Shazam). If you give me super strength on par with him, and told me to take a country apart and kill every living thing in two days, but I'm limited to normal speed...no. I doubt I can do it.

OneDumbG0
^ So you're assuming Black Adam killed each person and each insect individually. Instead of... I dunno... toppling buildings and causing massive destruction?

<< THERE IS MORE FROM THIS THREAD HERE >>