Bendis' Avengers vs. Thanos

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.

JakeTheBank
Avengers Assemble roster
Captain America
Iron Man
Thor
Hulk
Hawkeye
Black Widow

vs.

Thanos

It's bound to happen now that the Mad Titan has been revealed in the comic. Can the Avengers beat him outright or will they use plot device? Who do you think will have the best showing against him? How long until it's retconned to be a Thanosi?!

StiltmanFTW
Getting to the Thanos Copter as fast as he can is his best chance to survive this encounter.

srankmissingnin
Originally posted by StiltmanFTW
Getting to the Thanos Copter as fast as he can is his best chance to survive this encounter.

I heard the NYPD had the Thanos Copter surrounded though.

Sundipped
Well I'll just say if they have to use a plot device then most likely it won't be retconned to a Thanosi.

Sundipped
Oh and Thor has the best showing.

StiltmanFTW
Originally posted by srankmissingnin
I heard the NYPD had the Thanos Copter surrounded though.

He's really screwed then.

At least give him the Cosmic Cube, HOTU or IG, Jake...

Rage.Of.Olympus
Thanos is much better off facing this team than the New Avengers (Iron Fist, Wolverine, Luke Cage, Ms. Marvel etc.). He'd be sooooooo f*cked if he took them on.

CosmicComet
Hawkeye and Thanos alone would be a good fight under Bendis.

The guy doesn't give a shit about power levels.

StiltmanFTW
thumb up

Loved how it was Moon Knight that dealt the final blow to Count Nefaria, right after Thor laughing out loud

CosmicComet
Hawkeye with a nice front kick bloodying Thanos' lip.

StiltmanFTW
IMO Barton's kick would at least dislocate Mad Titan's jaw.

If not just snap his neck. One-hit kill. He's one of the Bendispower wielders, he eats purple turtles in funny outfits for a breakfast.

Nihilist
In anything other than a Bendis comic they get slaughtered

Mshinu
But since this is Bendis Thanos quickly gets taken out by a trick arrow from Clint. The End.

Endless Mike
Originally posted by Mshinu
But since this is Bendis Thanos quickly gets taken out by a trick arrow from Clint. The End.

Well if it's an antimatter arrow... stick out tongue

TheLordofMurder
Originally posted by Nihilist
In anything other than a Bendis comic they get slaughtered

Well, we use the most current showings (unless directly stated otherwise), so if Thor and the rest of the Avengers plant their foot up Thanos's rectum at some point...there goes that AoD nonsense.

Damborgson
thumb up

Loved how it was Moon Knight that dealt the final blow to Count Nefaria, right after Thor laughing out loud

When did Thor fight Neferia recently? Scans?

Damborgson
Originally posted by Damborgson

Oh and as for the thread, Thanos would beat them normally. I think Bendis will make Thanos win round 1 then have them dismantle him round 2. Widow and Hawk stagger him a bit, Cap knocks him back, Thor yells something thats supposed to sound Asgardian and then Hulk beats the living shit out of him. Its bendis. What can you do.

StiltmanFTW
Originally posted by Damborgson

In Moon Knight #12. Scans should be somewhere in the ownage thread.

Damborgson
In Moon Knight #12. Scans should be somewhere in the ownage thread.

alright I'll check it out

edit: found it. http://s4d3.turboimagehost.com/sp/bfe3a9aa145be795ca3a9a86ab3f4484/mk-15-16.jpg

vince_slice
Contrary to what most people are predicting, I'm going to put my money on Thanos whooping the Avengers' collective asses next issue(s), despite him being written by Bendis. shifty

carver9
I don't even think its the real Thanos. The last time they did something like this, it ended up being Red Hulk disguising as Thanos.

vince_slice
Originally posted by carver9
I don't even think its the real Thanos. The last time they did something like this, it ended up being Red Hulk disguising as Thanos.
You mean Doctor Strange?

ares834
Is Avengers assemble any good?

vince_slice
Its alright, nothing special though. Its more geared toward new readers who've jumped on the comic after watching the films. The only reason I followed it was because I had a hunch Thanos would appear in it.

carver9
Originally posted by vince_slice
You mean Doctor Strange?

Yeah, both Doc Strange and red Hulk.

-K-M-
When did Rulk dress up as Thanos? Can't say I have seen that issue.

iceman24567
LOL carver

Nihilist
Originally posted by TheLordofMurder
Well, we use the most current showings (unless directly stated otherwise), so if Thor and the rest of the Avengers plant their foot up Thanos's rectum at some point...there goes that AoD nonsense. What nonsense? Cant you read what was stated on panel

quanchi112
Originally posted by Nihilist
What nonsense? Cant you read what was stated on panel He's so hoping for a bad Thanos showing yet pretends he's such a hardcore fan. Poor guy.

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.