Nova, Iron Man and Captain Britain vs Thor

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.

Starscream M
Captain Britain is confident. No BFR. Who wins?

dmills
laughing out loud

JakeTheBank
Team.

zopzop
Originally posted by JakeTheBank
Team.

How? Thor has CASUALLY dismantled Captain Britain before (and Thor was holding back too) and he's taken apart Iron Man with ease.

This is basically Nova with fodder vs Thor. It's close but Thor wins almost every time.

JakeTheBank
Originally posted by zopzop
How? Thor has CASUALLY dismantled Captain Britain before (and Thor was holding back too) and he's taken apart Iron Man with ease.

This is basically Nova with fodder vs Thor. It's close but Thor wins almost every time.

Because generally, outside of certain circumstances, I don't see Thor running through this team. Maybe Fraction-Thor would annihilate them if pushed, but while I have a strong grasp on what Thor is typically capable of, I also know what Nova and Co. are capable of as well.

dmills

On the flip side Thor has also struggled with Iron Man and struggled with classic Nova. Gotta take the good with the bad lol.

Damborgson
High end Thor will take them. Generally though, team should win. None of them are weaklings in any way.

Digi
Originally posted by dmills
On the flip side Thor has also struggled with Iron Man and struggled with classic Nova. Gotta take the good with the bad lol.

Ok, so average Thor, which still wrecks everyone but Nova.

Maybe an even split. Maybe. My gut gives Thor the majority though.

dmills
There was an issue of Avengers years ago iirc where Thor beat up Iron man even without mjolnir lol. Does anyone recall that? Or maybe I'm thinking of Stellaris.

Edit: No way in hell is Thor taking these 3 in a forum fight. Then again, Fraction Thor just may take them lol.

iceman24567
Nova is this teams saving grace

dmills
When did Thor ever fight Brian BTW?

zopzop
When did Thor ever fight Brian BTW?
http://marvel.wikia.com/Thor_Vol_1_427
http://images2.wikia.nocookie.net/__cb20060525215747/marveldatabase/images/thumb/d/d7/Thor_Vol_1_427.jpg/300px-Thor_Vol_1_427.jpg

abhilegend
Thor.

Greysen93
I'm ganna go team 6/10

dmills
LOL. Some of you have a lot of faith in Thor. They whoop that ass.

Digi
LOL. Some of you have a lot of faith in Thor. They whoop that ass.

And you have too little. This is a forum fight where he doesn't forget his powers. So within the first half minute of the fight, Brian and Tony are down, and it's Nova v. Thor where Nova had a slight head start.

red sabre

Captain britian ans Iron man fodder for thor? each of the stated would give thor a fight, those 2 combined could give him a hard one but lose, but those two with Nova? they are taking it

dmills
Originally posted by Digi
And you have too little. This is a forum fight where he doesn't forget his powers. So within the first half minute of the fight, Brian and Tony are down, and it's Nova v. Thor where Nova had a slight head start.

The fact that its a forum match doesn't only work in Thor's favor though. All of these guys have a variety of abilities, they're all strong, all durable, all tough. This isn't like one of those Bruce Lee movies where they'd attack one at a time. As a team they'd rush him together mixing up blasts melee etc. Thor's had issues with Graviton in the past, Rider has gravity based abilities that can mimic that. Brian has pretty good immunity to magic attacks and a high degree of durability in general. I like their chances.

the Darkone
It really comes down to Thor vs Nova, and I will give Thor a majority over Nova any day!!

Digi
The fact that its a forum match doesn't only work in Thor's favor though. All of these guys have a variety of abilities, they're all strong, all durable, all tough. This isn't like one of those Bruce Lee movies where they'd attack one at a time. As a team they'd rush him together mixing up blasts melee etc. Thor's had issues with Graviton in the past, Rider has gravity based abilities that can mimic that. Brian has pretty good immunity to magic attacks and a high degree of durability in general. I like their chances.

Again, I'm not commenting on Nova. v. Thor. That's it's own thing. But that's what it would be in under 30 seconds. Summon some badass lightning that flattens the entire battlefield (and would be inavoidable), melee OHK them if they come close, soak up any energy directed his way and redirect it back at them. Even current Tony dies in like 2 not-holding-back attacks. Britain follows suit shortly after.

Graviton has been shown at team-wrecking Trans. levels before. Having trouble with him is not an insult.

We could also talk Godblast, which is valid with current Thor.

Starscream M
Again, I'm not commenting on Nova. v. Thor. That's it's own thing. But that's what it would be in under 30 seconds. Summon some badass lightning that flattens the entire battlefield (and would be inavoidable), melee OHK them if they come close, soak up any energy directed his way and redirect it back at them. Even current Tony dies in like 2 not-holding-back attacks. Britain follows suit shortly after.

Graviton has been shown at team-wrecking Trans. levels before. Having trouble with him is not an insult.

We could also talk Godblast, which is valid with current Thor. jesus. erm

I'll deal with this later tonight.

carver9

Digi, you do know that with all of this credit you are giving Thor, you have to give it to the team as well. This isn't in character for Thor to fight like this and if each is using their abilities to the best, that also goes for Nova and Ironman who is just as versatile as Thor. Him being attacked simultaneously in a versatile manner by both would more than likely drop him, especially if they are fighting in the same fashion Thor is fighting.

Tony can go invisible and attack Thor in this state while Nova unleash his high Herald power as well at Thor.

This isn't a fight for Thor to win.

dmills

Gravimetric shield around teammates to protect from the lightining strike, any energy directed at Nova or Tony could be absorbed and redirected back. So I guess they play table tennis until someone falters lol. And Im not even sure if the lightning would even be harmful to the current version of Brian. It might just power him up lol. Melee is obviously Thor's game so I won't contest that too much.

A god blast? To deal with Iron man, Nova and Brian? I don't see goldilocks going that far. However if he does, then I'll have to invoke Nova's "galactus event" level of shields to protect his team from a devastating attack like a god blast.

To say that Tony or CB get dealt with in 30 seconds is, well... I can't agree with that at all. But yeah, Fraction 's Thor is a beast.

dmills
Originally posted by carver9
Digi, you do know that with all of this credit you are giving Thor, you have to give it to the team as well. This isn't in character for Thor to fight like this and if each is using their abilities to the best, that also goes for Nova and Ironman who is just as versatile as Thor. Him being attacked simultaneously in a versatile manner by both would more than likely drop him, especially if they are fighting in the same fashion Thor is fighting.

Tony can go invisible and attack Thor in this state while Nova unleash his high Herald power as well at Thor.

I wouldn't say that they're as versatile as Thor in the least. As an example Bendis Thor can teleport opponents away before they even know wtf happened. Nova hasn't displayed bfr on that level to my knowledge. But they are each fairly versatile in their own ways lol.

carver9
I wouldn't say that they're as versatile as Thor in the least. But they are each fairly versatile in their own ways lol.

Agreed.

Digi
Gravimetric shield around teammates to protect from the lightining strike, any energy directed at Nova or Tony could be absorbed and redirected back. So I guess they play table tennis until someone falters lol. And Im not even sure if the lightning would even be harmful to the current version of Brian. It might just power him up lol. Melee is obviously Thor's game so I won't contest that too much.

I need the Boromir meme here. One does not simply win an absorption battle with Thor. He can amplify energy redirected at him and send it back at least x10 (and x100 depending on which writer is to be believed). And Mjolnir is pretty much the biggest absorption plot device in comics. The feats are too numerous and incredible to list.

A god blast? To deal with Iron man, Nova and Brian? I don't see goldilocks going that far. However if he does, then I'll have to invoke Nova's "galactus event" level of shields to protect his team from a devastating attack like a god blast.

Forum battle, so it's irrelevant. If he needs to use it, he can. Its most recent showing put down Ego for a time. It's got the goods. Nova can't match it and, I'm guessing, can't absorb it.

To say that Tony or CB get dealt with in 30 seconds is, well... I can't agree with that at all. But yeah, Fraction 's Thor is a beast.

People have no memories. The most powerful Thor was portrayed was arguably "classic" when he was regularly dipping into his more exotic powers. I can discount everything he's done recently and not change my stance. However, we don't discount Fraction Thor which, again, isn't > what he's capable of when fighting intelligently and brutally.

Anyway, when he's let loose, he's taken out people at his own level with melee blows or lightning strikes. One meaningful "Skraka-BOOM!" and Tony's armor is rebooting for the rest of the fight.

Originally posted by carver9

Are you using movie versions or something? Tony can use his abilities to their best and still get nuked in 2-3 attacks.

You can argue interpretation or something here, but I'm aware of both of their respective best feats in each department. Thor's in another league. It's Nova v. Thor with a brief sidetrack for Thor. If Nova can capitalize or delay the 1v1 long enough, he can win. If not, Thor wins.

dmills
Forum battle, so it's irrelevant. If he needs to use it, he can. Its most recent showing put down Ego for a time. It's got the goods. Nova can't match it and, I'm guessing, can't absorb it...

Oh really? Not to be facetious, but I thought that characterization played a role in this as well. I mean Nova has instantly deputized people before on more then one occasion, but it's not necessarily the norm for him to do so.

Regarding god blasting Ego, if you're talking about Thor's most recent Journey into Mystery appearance, I don't recall him unleashing a god blast. He only considered doing it but was stopped short of doing it. All we have there is his commentary about what it could possible do to Ego. He then tries to get to Ego's core to take him out, however he gets swatted away by Ego's psionic essence.

Ok cool. Nova has Tony and Brian distract Thor while Nova uses his speed to get behind Thor. Nova then blasts him in his head at point blank range with this...

http://img861.imageshack.us/img861/6363/1336781709picsay1336781.th.jpg

That blast put Ego out for about 4-5 issues.

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.