Superhero draft

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.

keiththegreat
Here's the deal: You have to select a team to fight an unknown enemy in deep space on an unknown planet. You have no idea what kind of star surrounds said planet, what the nature of the enemy is, who you're fighting, etc. You may be fighting in space, or on land.

You can pick 5 heroes to fight this unknown threat out of this list. Your team should ideally be well-rounded, versatile, and able to take on this threat with many options. Which 5 heroes do you draft for your team?

(also someone else is drafting a team too, so ORDER COUNTS).

Who's your ideal team of 5, in order of selection out of these choices?:

Superman
Savage Hulk
Captain Marvel
Sersi
Firestorm

Thor
Superboy Prime
Zatanna
Emma Frost
Martian Manhunter

The Flash
Professor X
Sodam Yat Ion
Spiderman
Plastic Man

Reed Richards
The Thing
Silver Surfer
Wonder Woman
Aquaman

Namor
Gladiator
Hawk Man
Hal Jordan
Ikaris

Gilgamesh (The Forgotten One)
Zuras
Maxima
Red Hulk (Current)
Beta Ray Bill

Wolverine
Orion
Captain America
Batman
Dr. Strange (Current)

The threat could be made of fire, he could be yellow, he could be made of kryptonite, etc. You have no idea. The fight could be underwater... etc. you get the idea. Try to make your team as well-rounded as possible.

PillarofOsiris
Cool thread.

1. Captain Marvel
2. Thor
3. Maxima
4. Silver Surfer
5. Sersi

JakeTheBank
Superman
Silver Surfer
Hal Jordan
Flash
Thor

Zack Fair
Superman
Thor
Martian Manhunter
Flash
Silver Surfer

keiththegreat
Originally posted by JakeTheBank
Superman
Silver Surfer
Hal Jordan
Flash
Thor

No telepathy?

JakeTheBank
Originally posted by keiththegreat
No telepathy?

Nope.

keiththegreat
I'm surprised people are picking superman over SYI.

Endless Mike
Firestorm
SBP
MM
Flash
Reed

Zack Fair
I don't like SBP here. Sure hs is superior to regular Superman but he is such a wild card he might as well end up fighting everyone on his team.

keiththegreat
Depending on where the team goes superman may have no powers at all.

Zack Fair
Surfer is there for that.

jalek moye
Depending on where the team goes superman may have no powers at all.

those supes teams also have Surfer on them, so not a problem.

biensalsa
Superman (I need a leader)
Silver Surfer (He will work mostly anywhere)
Thor (My Magic card)
Martian Manhunter (My mind reader)
Reed Richards (My problem solver, He can figure a way out to make my team to work anywhere, regardless of environment)

Endless Mike
Are you going to tell us who the enemy is eventually?

Lord Feron
Is it any 5 Heroes or 1 from each group? if so this.
Flash
Superboy Prime
Zatanna
Silver Surfer
Batman

If not..
Thor
Superboy Prime
Wonder Woman
Reed Richards
Silver Surfer

Blair Wind
I looked for power, versatility, and knowledge. This team should be able to create anything, fight anyone, and counter everything.

Hal Jordan
Thor
Flash
Silver Surfer
Reed Richards

BullwinkleMoose
Assuming he does not turn on the team, I'd go:

Superboy Prime
Flash
Thor
Zatanna
Sodam Yat Ion

With Speed Blitzing + Thor and Ion for Versatility + Zatanna for Magic

Bouboumaster
I pick one of each group

1- Reed Richards: My leader, and the brain

2- Zuras (Everybody who didn't take him is crazy)

3- Thor

4- Hal Jordan

5- Captain Marvel

That said, only Richards and Zuras really count.

byrdgang21
Sersi
Martian Manhunter
SYI
Beta Ray Bill
Silver Surfer

Digi
Originally posted by Blair Wind
I looked for power, versatility, and knowledge. This team should be able to create anything, fight anyone, and counter everything.

Hal Jordan
Thor
Flash
Silver Surfer
Reed Richards

We think a lot alike. In order, I'd draft Reed, Thor, Flash, Surfer, then it's a toss-up between a lot of people.

But basically, yeah, this.

keiththegreat
Originally posted by BullwinkleMoose
Assuming he does not turn on the team, I'd go:

Superboy Prime
Flash
Thor
Zatanna
Sodam Yat Ion

With Speed Blitzing + Thor and Ion for Versatility + Zatanna for Magic

I think this would be my team too. Except what if the enemy can only be attack by telepathy?

keiththegreat
Also i just broke them into groups for convience of reading.

Don Corleone
No one wants Hulk ? confused

Screw it I'm drafting heavy hitters.

1. Zuras
2. Thor
3. Superman
4. Silver Surfer
5. BRB

Bring on the bad guys.

juggerman
Will SBP actually work with the team or will he be a dick?

keiththegreat
In this scenario the team mates will get along.

keiththegreat
I'm surprised more people don't pick orion or maxima

DarkSaint85
Wolverine
Orion
Thor
Hal
Flash

Lord Feron
In this scenario the team mates will get along.

In that case i am shocked no one is picking SBP. He is easily the Strongest on the field plus other superman abilities.

DarkSaint85
Unless the challenge is going to be strength based, the other guys are plenty strong here, I felt. So I went for versatility more than anything, to cover all the bases.

BullwinkleMoose
I think this would be my team too. Except what if the enemy can only be attack by telepathy?

Yeah, I considered the Telepathy aspect but I figure with Zatanna's Magic that she could have possible answers to a lot of things. It'd have to be a crazy opponent if the Versatility of Zatanna + Thor + Ion was not enough to develop a solution.

Placidity
Superman (Leadership/Force)
Martian Manhunter (Telepathy/Force)
The Flash (Invincible Speed/Speed Manipulation)
Silver Surfer (Energy/Versatility)
Thor (Magic/Versatility/Force)

Newjak
1) Reed Richards
2) Silver Surfer
3) Thor
4) Captain Marvel
5) Martian Manhunter

I tried to pick people that can transition to many different roles due to their versatility and also covered all types of major threats like cosmic, tech based, magic based, or telepathy based.

So with the stipulations of this match I tried to avoid anybody with glaring weaknesses so Superman, SBP, even Green Lanterns. I tried to avoid.

I don't feel I lost out though, I have Captain Marvel who is an easy replacement for Superman imo, Along with Thor they should take care of frontline power as well as being able to cover if the threat is magic based. Plus Mjlonir is always a great weapon to bring to battle. Thor is also very versatile and can easily slip into other roles if need be.

Captain Marvel is a great brawler to have as well and adds magical fuel for other people to use.

Silver Surfer is a better replacement for a GL. Has speed, and great matter/energy manip and helps in the cosmic department. Also diverse and powerful enough to slip into a frontline role if need be or stand on the back side for ranged attack.

Martian Manhunter is there to cover telepathy, also he is versatile enough to also slip into a multiple line of roles from front line to ranged attack to hit and run to finally being a staller. He also serves as a team unifyer which is great here.

Reed Richards I think it the most important pick ere. While he may not be able to serve as a frontline soldier,his role would strictly be analysis, and tech support.

I've also given him great tools to work with. Thor's hammer, Surfer's power cosmic, and Shazam's lightning bolt.

Allowing shared thinking via MM this group should conceivably come up with any tool for any situation. Great individual power mixed with great power combos.

Maybe they lose something from not having a true speedster like Flash but I think Surfer and Captain Marvel can cover that kind of threat.

also possibly not having a Strange type character with not just vast magical powers but also great knowledge in magic. But I feel the combined experience of Thor and Captain Marvel should be able to cover that.

keiththegreat
Originally posted by Lord Feron
In that case i am shocked no one is picking SBP. He is easily the Strongest on the field plus other superman abilities.

He's gotta hope for a yellow sun tho.

juggerman
Reed Richards
Superboy Prime
Thor
Martian Manhunter
Silver Sufer

Digi
My final team is this (realized I didn't say it earlier)

Reed
Thor
Flash
Surfer
SBP

In that order. I'd sub in MM or GL if one of those got taken.

BullwinkleMoose
I'll admit to being very surprised at the amount of people choosing Reed.

With the Fight potentially being somewhere devoid of tech and likely having no time to Prep, he could be Speedblitzed or KOed as soon as the fight starts or else be reduced only using his Elasticity to aid the team.

rotiart
Flash
Dr strange
Reed Richards
Superman
Captain marvel

I transfer the power of shaman to superman.
I get all of dr strange stuff and amp Clark like crazy.
I toss Clark inside a galactus destroyer level suit embedded with dr strange level magic. Toss reeds arsenal of omgwtfpwnjesusinabasket gear at clark....
All of it shoved into a extra dimensional magical pouch that Clark can summon and use at will as prepared by strange

I cast spells that encase him in cyttorak level armor...

I do all this as soon as the fight Starts cause flash is manipulating time and speed for the group to allow this to happen in an instant...

The I unleash supermagictech Clark upon the threat while everyone else hides.

And if Clark loses... Dr strange bamfs everyone to another dimension cause if Clark can't jobs win. We all screwed.

carver9
Versatility...Surfer
Strength...Hulk
Telepathy...Martian Manhunter
Power...Thor
Strategist...Ironman (need someone that can survive if his other teammates are out of the fight...Reed would most likely get choked out if his friends are down).

Blair Wind
Originally posted by BullwinkleMoose
I'll admit to being very surprised at the amount of people choosing Reed.

With the Fight potentially being somewhere devoid of tech and likely having no time to Prep, he could be Speedblitzed or KOed as soon as the fight starts or else be reduced only using his Elasticity to aid the team.

No real "prep" is needed for Surfer or Green Lantern to amp him up with either power cosmic or a GL ring (thought and action is all that is required - no significant time lapse).

He'd instantly be the most dangerous player in the field.

PillarofOsiris
Originally posted by carver9
Versatility...Surfer
Strength...Hulk
Power...Thor
Strategist...Ironman (need someone that can survive if his other teammates are out of the fight...Reed would most likely get choked out if his friends are down).

Except there are at least 5 here stronger than Savage Hulk, and many tied who also have other abilities. Good choice though....

carver9
Originally posted by PillarofOsiris
Except there are at least 5 here stronger than Savage Hulk, and many tied who also have other abilities. Good choice though....

No one here is stronger than Savage Hulk minus Prime. Against V&V Despero, everyone could have just sat in the back thinking of a plan to take VV out while Savage Hulk stalemated him. That's why he is my muscle...he is relentless and hard to take out "and" has the ability to amp.

Powerful teams use Hulk like this all of the time. Throw him out there to take on the powerful opponent while the others sit back and make a plan.

BullwinkleMoose
No real "prep" is needed for Surfer or Green Lantern to amp him up with either power cosmic or a GL ring (thought and action is all that is required - no significant time lapse).

Maybe with the Power Cosmic but I am very skeptical of Reed with a GL Ring. GL rings take time to practice with and learn from and Reed has basically 0 knowledge of them considering they are a DC Item. At best, without experience he would be a Low Tier Lantern and that is being generous.

Sin I AM
No Diana?

Lord Feron
He's gotta hope for a yellow sun tho. Reed could easily make a suit for him or SS can juice him up. If the dude plays like a team player he would be amazing asset.

Lord Feron

Exactly, Reed just be like "build this like this that and that especially since surfer (who I picked) could just read his mind and understand instantly what to make.

Lord Feron
Originally posted by Sin I AM
No Diana?

I had chosen diana as one of mine due to her herald level abilities pretty much impervious to mental assualt, ability to block pretty much any massive single attack, and the awesome lasso!

Bouboumaster
Originally posted by Sin I AM
No Diana?

She's in the same group as Reed Richards and Silver Surfer... I just can't pick her. Surfer is too powerful and versatile, is Richards, well... He's a leader, and THE brain.

Heck, see the Silver Surfer in my sig? It's because I'm a sucker for him and Big G, and still, I had to pick Richards over him.

So no, no Diana

Greysen93
Superman
Thor
Martian Manhunter
Silver Surfer
Gladiator.
I would've picked hulk, but it could be in space, so not much point in that.

Greysen93
Versatility...Surfer
Strength...Hulk
Power...Thor
Strategist...Ironman (need someone that can survive if his other teammates are out of the fight...Reed would most likely get choked out if his friends are down). I don't know If I would've picked Hulk because of the possibility of it being in space

Greysen93
No one here is stronger than Savage Hulk minus Prime. Against V&V Despero, everyone could have just sat in the back thinking of a plan to take VV out while Savage Hulk stalemated him. That's why he is my muscle...he is relentless and hard to take out "and" has the ability to amp.

Powerful teams use Hulk like this all of the time. Throw him out there to take on the powerful opponent while the others sit back and make a plan. thumb up

Uriel005
Surfer
SBP
Flash
Reed
Zuras if he can uni-mind, Thor otherwise.

Tony Stark
Reed Richards
THOR
SS
Martian Manhunter
Zuras

PillarofOsiris
Originally posted by Greysen93
Superman
Thor
Martian Manhunter
Silver Surfer
Gladiator.
I would've picked hulk, but it could be in space, so not much point in that.

That's the reason I didn't pick Superman either. It could be under a red sun. I choose Captain Marvel, because although he's less powerful than Superman, you know you won't have to worry about him not having powers. And yeah, there's a good chance Hulk would be completely useless.

Greysen93
Originally posted by PillarofOsiris
That's the reason I didn't pick Superman either. It could be under a red sun. I choose Captain Marvel, because although he's less powerful than Superman, you know you won't have to worry about him not having powers. And yeah, there's a good chance Hulk would be completely useless. Yeah, that is true. Captain Marvel probably would be a pretty good pick. Well that's why I wouldn't pick hulk.

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.