Gangster Squad

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.

marwash22
Starring: Sean Penn, Josh Brolin, Ryan Gosling, Anthony Mackie and Giovanni Ribisi.

gViqCxibW6A

marwash22
looks almost as good as the cast.

Esau Cairn
So The Untouchables with a gangsta soundtrack....okaaaay.

Flyattractor
Yeah. Just saw this when I went to see Dark Shadows.

Looks like a pile of not great.

rudester
im I getting jaded with movies? not giving them a chance anymore? or can I tell what kind of movie this is already?

marwash22
Originally posted by Flyattractor
Yeah. Just saw this when I went to see Dark Shadows.

Looks like a pile of not great. the irony.

srankmissingnin
Originally posted by marwash22
the irony.

laughing

It looks like Mulholland Falls meets the Inglorious Bastards. Sean Penn looks like a Dick Tracy villain. Not sure if I'm on board.

marwash22
^ i agree.

However, i like the cast, and I'm also a fan films/tv shows featuring that specific period in time.

Kazenji
In light of the recent tragedy in Colorado the movie's release date has been pushed to January and also doing reshoots

http://www.comingsoon.net/news/movienews.php?id=92880

i agree with the comments shouldn't have to change that cinema shootout scene which we see in the trailer.

Esau Cairn
Originally posted by Kazenji

Americans can be a sensitive lot.
Remember after 9/11...all the movies that had to have the Twin Towers digitally erased from the skyline?

I recall that J-Lo rom-com where they erased the Twin Towers in the background but forgot to erase its reflection in the water.

Kazenji
And also that first Spider-Man trailer featuring the twin towers

jc0eP7ausWE

BlackZero30x
I wanna see this movie.

I feel bad for the victims but I don't believe in changing the movie theater scene. Nor did I feel it was a good Idea to take out the twin towers. It's not like they are remaking the tragedy. I wish people were not as sensitive about this stuff.

Esau Cairn
Originally posted by BlackZero30x
I wanna see this movie.

I feel bad for the victims but I don't believe in changing the movie theater scene. Nor did I feel it was a good Idea to take out the twin towers. It's not like they are remaking the tragedy. I wish people were not as sensitive about this stuff.

I'm not American nor do I live in America but the irony just knock me over...

"Yeah let's be sensitive to the victims BUT it's our God given right to bear arms...BOO YEAH!"

the ninjak
I wonder if Inglorious Bastards would've gotten hit as hard?

Kazenji
Also heard during the week gun sales went up in Colorado.

roughrider
Getting moved to January isn't a good sign of it's quality. Bypassing any Oscar qualifying completely.

marwash22
The movie was pushed back because of the TDKR shooting. They feared the PC police would rip it because there was a scene where the shoot up some dudes with tommy guns.

TheOneFirestorm
Originally posted by Esau Cairn
So The Untouchables with a gangsta soundtrack....okaaaay.

A mobster movie but I don't think you can call this another The Untouchables.

Saw the latest trailer oustanding can't wait to see this movie.

roughrider
Originally posted by marwash22
The movie was pushed back because of the TDKR shooting. They feared the PC police would rip it because there was a scene where the shoot up some dudes with tommy guns.

You can push a movie back and still release it in time for any awards qualifying, which means just one or two theatres in New York or L.A. before the end of years. It didn't get either, and getting released in mid January is a well known sign of a film getting dumped by it's studio. The month is a common dumping ground for films that weren't considered good enough to get released by Christmas.

Kazenji
Back from seeing it

quite a good movie...also that cinema scene they totally removed it so i'm guessing it will be included on some uncut version later on.

marwash22
Originally posted by roughrider
You can push a movie back and still release it in time for any awards qualifying, which means just one or two theatres in New York or L.A. before the end of years. It didn't get either, and getting released in mid January is a well known sign of a film getting dumped by it's studio. The month is a common dumping ground for films that weren't considered good enough to get released by Christmas. it was going to be release in September, but then the shooting happened. no expression

Darth Martin
Thought it was pretty bad.

TheOneFirestorm
Begging for a bullet Mickey doesn't say that in the movie.

Sean Penn is outstanding as Mickey Cohen showing that he has no problem getting his hands dirty, terrific climax, no loose ends, enough action and drama.

Darth Martin
Thought he was the only thing good about the film.

Kazenji
I liked everything about it personally.

developmyapps
Gangster Squad is a 2013 American action crime film directed by Ruben Fleischer, from a screenplay written by Will Beall. It starred Josh Brolin, Ryan Gosling, Nick Nolte, Emma Stone, and Sean Penn.

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.