marvel demons ranked in power

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.

Rikudo sennin
this is my ranking for marvel demons including the hell lords who are demons
1.chthon
2.shuma gorath
3.set
4.zom
5.dormammu
6.mephisto
7.satannish
8.olivier
9.blackheart
agree oh its in the vs forum cuz im pretty sure people are gonna have the demons on the list in a battle debate for sure so yeah

Endless Mike
lol

CortSether
Chthon at #1 ? confused

zopzop
Based on actual on panel fights :
1) Set (by far)
2) Dormammu
3) Zom/Mephisto/Satannish
The rest are meh.

Based on FEATS and other indirect stuff:
1) Set (by far)
2) Chthon
3) Dormammu
4) Mephisto/Satannish
5) Shuma Gorath

CortSether
Originally posted by zopzop
Based on actual on panel fights :
1) Set (by far)
2) Dormammu
3) Zom/Mephisto/Satannish
The rest are meh.

Based on FEATS and other indirect stuff:
1) Set (by far)
2) Chthon
3) Dormammu
4) Mephisto/Satannish
5) Shuma Gorath

laughing

zopzop
Originally posted by CortSether
laughing
yawn

Flyattractor
...Who the F is Oliver?

CortSether
Anyway...

1) Shuma-Gorath
2) Dormammu
3) Set
4) Chthon
5) Zom
6) Mephisto
7) Satannish
8) Olivier
9) Blackheart

Rikudo sennin
laughing

agree i dont even know what the **** that list was

Rikudo sennin
Anyway...

1) Shuma-Gorath
2) Dormammu
3) Set
4) Chthon
5) Zom
6) Mephisto
7) Satannish
8) Olivier
9) Blackheart

dormammu and set cant even challenge chthon here is a explanantion of his power someone wrote and i quote

"the Elder God and Primal Devil himself, Chthon has been described as the Great Shadow that creeps behind the feet of God.. he is perhaps the most feared being by all of Earth's mystics and religious sectors as they would go to all possible extents just to prevent his influence.. Eternity himself likened him to a cancer, that if left uncheck, all of reality will fall before him in a blink of a eye and it took the combined effort of Oshtur, Set and Gaea to banish him and prevent him from corrupting the very fabric of magic itself.. the Vishanti created the seat of the Sorcerer Supreme to battle his threats and Gaea, Mother to all Godly Pantheons has erected magical barriers to prevent him from returning.. Chthon possesses unimaginably vast mystic powers, so vast in-fact that it is the very reason that prevents him from leaving his realm for no inter-dimensional rift is big enough to contain his full essence.. the true testament to his powers so far was when Wanda Maximoff, the Scarlet Witch (whom he blessed with a fraction of his powers when she was born, a power known as Chaos Magic) destroyed and re-created reality itself.. she casted her spell over billions upon billions of souls, world and dimensions.. permanently shifting all possible futures of the entire Marvel Omniverse, a feat nearly unprecedented even by cosmic entities.."

he was also the first practitioner of the black arts and the creator of the darkhold.
only shuma gorath can challenge him.

CortSether
Originally posted by Rikudo sennin
dormammu and set cant even challenge chthon here is a explanantion of his power someone wrote and i quote

"the Elder God and Primal Devil himself, Chthon has been described as the Great Shadow that creeps behind the feet of God.. he is perhaps the most feared being by all of Earth's mystics and religious sectors as they would go to all possible extents just to prevent his influence.. Eternity himself likened him to a cancer, that if left uncheck, all of reality will fall before him in a blink of a eye and it took the combined effort of Oshtur, Set and Gaea to banish him and prevent him from corrupting the very fabric of magic itself.. the Vishanti created the seat of the Sorcerer Supreme to battle his threats and Gaea, Mother to all Godly Pantheons has erected magical barriers to prevent him from returning.. Chthon possesses unimaginably vast mystic powers, so vast in-fact that it is the very reason that prevents him from leaving his realm for no inter-dimensional rift is big enough to contain his full essence.. the true testament to his powers so far was when Wanda Maximoff, the Scarlet Witch (whom he blessed with a fraction of his powers when she was born, a power known as Chaos Magic) destroyed and re-created reality itself.. she casted her spell over billions upon billions of souls, world and dimensions.. permanently shifting all possible futures of the entire Marvel Omniverse, a feat nearly unprecedented even by cosmic entities.."

he was also the first practitioner of the black arts and the creator of the darkhold.

That's lord_oraculous016 from comicvine. Used to debate him a lot before I got banned from comicvine for pissing off the mods. Good debater, but certain things I disagree with definitely, one being how powerful he thinks Chthon is. HOM Wanda's feats have nothing to do with Chthon and cannot be attributed to him. He's also been pwnd quite easily before. These are just grandiose claims.

zopzop
agree i dont even know what the **** that list was Originally posted by Rikudo sennin

Do you even know what Set is capable of? Set has beaten a fellow Elder God (Gaea) not once, but twice. Set has survived multiple encounters with Classic Demogorge and even stalemated him once for millions of years (the resulting battle wiping out the dinosaurs). Dr. Strange/Spider Man/Scarlet Witch/Thing combined their willpower and burnt out a Cosmic Cube exorcising Set from Earth.

No other Demon on that list has fights or feats anywhere near that impressive.

Horrificus
Originally posted by Endless Mike
lol Hehe. Stop it. big grin

Horrificus
1) Set
2) Shuma Gorath
3) Dormammu
4) Chthon
5) Ymir/Surtur
5) Zom/Mephisto/Satannish

CortSether
Eh... for some reason I thought OP wanted a ranking of just those demons on his list.

W/E, too lazy to make a full list.

rotiart
Originally posted by Horrificus
1) Set
2) Shuma Gorath
3) Dormammu
4) Chthon
5) Ymir/Surtur
5) Zom/Mephisto/Satannish

For te most part I agree with this list.

CortSether
Do you even know what Set is capable of? Set has beaten a fellow Elder God (Gaea) not once, but twice. Set has survived multiple encounters with Classic Demogorge and even stalemated him once for millions of years (the resulting battle wiping out the dinosaurs). Dr. Strange/Spider Man/Scarlet Witch/Thing combined their willpower and burnt out a Cosmic Cube exorcising Set from Earth.

No other Demon on that list has fights or feats anywhere near that impressive.

In This Post:

1) Getting the crap kicked out of you by a cosmic cube = being at its scope of power.
2) A fight taking millions of years that only manages to wipe out the dinosaurs is > controlling the entire Earth instantly from dimensions away

rolling on floor laughing

zopzop
In This Post:

1) Getting the crap kicked out of you by a cosmic cube = being at its scope of power.
2) A fight taking millions of years that only manages to wipe out the dinosaurs is > controlling the entire Earth instantly from dimensions away

rolling on floor laughing

Reading comprehension fail!

1) It wasn't just the Cube. It was the Cube (backed by the willpower of Strange/Wanda/Ben/Peter) AND Dr. Strange's artifacts. Set was banished but the Cube was burnt out. They exhausted the power of a Cosmic Cube (backed by Strange's artifacts) to banish Set from 616 reality. To further cement the point, Set stayed banished till Strange destroyed (or thought he destroyed, it later turned out that Agamotto took the artifacts to his realm) his artifacts and the exorcism spell keeping Set out weakened. So it was the Cube (that ultimately got burnt out) + their combined willpower + Dr. Strange's artifacts to BANISH Set from Earth.

2) The extinction of the dinosaurs wasn't the point genius. The fact that he managed to stalemate CLASSIC Demogorge for MILLIONS of years before ultimately losing is a greater fight than anything those other demons on that list have ever gotten into (possible exception of Mephisto in regard to his battle with Galactus, but Mephisto was in his own realm yet Set fought Demogorge on the Earthly plane so he didn't have any kind of home field advantage).

Hyperion Prime
Anyway...

1) Shuma-Gorath
2) Dormammu
3) Set
4) Chthon
5) Zom
6) Mephisto
7) Satannish
8) Olivier
9) Blackheart

Perfect listing right there

SmileyPredator
Originally posted by Hyperion Prime
Perfect listing right there I'd have to agree smile

golem370
What about Slorioth- http://www.marvunapp.com/Appendix5/sloriothsd.htm
and
Llan

Sundipped
and it took the combined effort of Oshtur, Set and Gaea to banish him and prevent him from corrupting the very fabric of magic itself.

the true testament to his powers so far was when Wanda Maximoff, the Scarlet Witch (whom he blessed with a fraction of his powers when she was born, a power known as Chaos Magic) destroyed and re-created reality itself.. she casted her spell over billions upon billions of souls, world and dimensions.. permanently shifting all possible futures of the entire Marvel Omniverse, a feat nearly unprecedented even by cosmic entities.."

When did this "combined effort" take place? I don't recall anything of the sort.
It was confirmed by Doom that the "Life Force " was responsible for Wandas omniversal feats.

Anyway my list is:

Zom (had to be bfr'ed twice, both times by Abstract entities)
Set (best feats by anyone on the list)
Chthon (same class as Set minus the feats though)
Shuma (even though he gets raped the way he does) cool
Dormammu (high skyfather at best)
The rest

CortSether
Originally posted by Sundipped
Shuma (even though he gets raped the way he does) cool

Ironic considering you put Zom on the top of your list and all he's ever done is get raped.

Fitting since he has a penis for a head rolling on floor laughing

guy222
zarathos

Sundipped
Ironic considering you put Zom on the top of your list and all he's ever done is get raped.

Fitting since he has a penis for a head rolling on floor laughing

LIES!

Since he's got the penis head, that means he's the one doing the raping. wink
Oh and I see you're still using hard drugs. Evidence by you listing Dormammu 2nd. no

CortSether
LIES!

Since he's got the penis head, that means he's the one doing the raping. wink
Oh and I see you're still using hard drugs. Evidence by you listing Dormammu 2nd. no

Shuma's tentacles are more suited for raping. And Japan loves him.

Dormammu being 2nd makes far more sense than placing Zom first considering Dormammu was able to bind Zom on his own.

Sundipped
Shuma's tentacles are more suited for raping. And Japan loves him.

Dormammu being 2nd makes far more sense than placing Zom first considering Dormammu was able to bind Zom on his own.

Imagine Zom raping with the penis head + those weird hands. Talk about buthurt. messed. That's all fine and dandy but Japan loves Godzilla more.

Once again using a plot device doesn't equal more power.

zopzop
When did this "combined effort" take place? I don't recall anything of the sort.

It happened, but not the way he's saying. It was from the excellent Mystic Arcana series (Marvel Tarot was badass too and tied into the series Mystic Arcana) from Marvel. Each issue highlighting one of the four Elders and their object of power : Oshtur - Sword of Bone, Gaea - Black Rose, Set - Serpent Crown, Chthon - Darkhold.

Chthon was manifesting on the Earthly plane and Ian Mcnee and three other mages used the Serpent Crown, Black Rose, and Sword of Bone to banish him again. That's all that happened.

What made the series great was, the Elders are so powerful that their objects of power are called "Cornerstones of Creation" and are responsible for the flow (or something like that) of all magic........IN THE UNIVERSE!

Yup.

guy222
hey zop

do u think the life force is the phoenix force

zopzop
Originally posted by guy222
hey zop

I bet you the writers themselves don't know. Did you see the HUGE mess up concerning the Thor/Phoenix fight?

In the previous issue, Thor was KOed first and then the PF went on it's way. Thor was bandaged up recovering in the Kree ER.

Now in an upcoming issue we have Thor as the last man standing, in apparently the EXACT SAME ENCOUNTER, and he attacks the PF causing it to go hurtling into a planet.

I've given up completely on Marvel.

guy222
i know

axel should fire em all

stick out tongue

Colossus-Big C
yea they completely drained a cosmic cube just by BFRing set back to his dimension.
SET also humbled The Great Celestial Tiamut .Tiamut Trembled in fear of SET. (zopzop has scans)
he By Far is #1 based on feats
Set>Celestials

the Darkone
That was from What IF story, nice try!

By Implied Powers
Shuma Gorath
Zom
Set
Chthon
Dormammu

By feats and panel proof

Set
Shuma Gorath
Chthon
Dormammu

And they are still below Celestials and the high-end cosmic beings!

Rikudo sennin
Anyway...

1) Shuma-Gorath
2) Dormammu
3) Set
4) Chthon
5) Zom
6) Mephisto
7) Satannish
8) Olivier
9) Blackheart

wanda's power stems from chthon so it is actually a showing of his power. Dormammu and mephisto have used his spells for help so thats a testament to the power of his spells and magic. Chthon doesnt have much showings cuz he cant even cros to earth cuz of the security against him and he is to powerful. He is way above set. Shuma gorath is only that powerful in his own realm and is still personally weaker then someone who can give a person the power to change the omniverse.

Rikudo sennin
Originally posted by the Darkone

By Implied Powers
Shuma Gorath
Zom
Set
Chthon
Dormammu

By feats and panel proof

Set
Shuma Gorath
Chthon
Dormammu

chthon,set and shuma gorath are above galactus and he is it the cosmic being hierarchy their not that far behind.

zopzop

What was from a What If story? Tiamut trembling at the thought of Set's ascension? That wasn't from a What If story, that was from the Silver Surfer Annual that kicked off "Atlantis Attacks!" It took place in 616 reality.

The Cube draining also occurred in 616 reality.

CortSether
wanda's power stems from chthon so it is actually a showing of his power. Dormammu and mephisto have used his spells for help so thats a testament to the power of his spells and magic. Chthon doesnt have much showings cuz he cant even cros to earth cuz of the security against him and he is to powerful. He is way above set. Shuma gorath is only that powerful in his own realm and is still personally weaker then someone who can give a person the power to change the omniverse.

Wanda got her initial magical powers from Chthon after he bonded to her, but her magical potential was not based on that mystic bonding. The real reason Wanda got so powerful was because she is a nexus being of Reality 616, which is why Chthon formed that magical bond with Wanda in the first place. He wanted to have that power for himself.

Sundipped
It happened, but not the way he's saying. It was from the excellent Mystic Arcana series (Marvel Tarot was badass too and tied into the series Mystic Arcana) from Marvel. Each issue highlighting one of the four Elders and their object of power : Oshtur - Sword of Bone, Gaea - Black Rose, Set - Serpent Crown, Chthon - Darkhold.

Chthon was manifesting on the Earthly plane and Ian Mcnee and three other mages used the Serpent Crown, Black Rose, and Sword of Bone to banish him again. That's all that happened.

What made the series great was, the Elders are so powerful that their objects of power are called "Cornerstones of Creation" and are responsible for the flow (or something like that) of all magic........IN THE UNIVERSE!

Yeah I remember that. It didn't happen that way at all. He made it seem like it was the entities themselves who had to team up (failing to mention the tailsmans) which would make absolutely no sense considering Set alone is roughly his equal.

Sundipped
chthon,set and shuma gorath are above galactus and he is it the cosmic being hierarchy their not that far behind.

I can't find the words to counter this post so I'll just use a thumb down

the Darkone
What was from a What If story? Tiamut trembling at the thought of Set's ascension? That wasn't from a What If story, that was from the Silver Surfer Annual that kicked off "Atlantis Attacks!" It took place in 616 reality.

The Cube draining also occurred in 616 reality.

Okay thats when SS took on the Eternals?

Im trying to remember the story arch, did Set achieve a higher power from the Cosmic Cube draining?

the Darkone

Set,Chthon and Shuma-Gorath are not above Galactus, Cube Beings are above Elder Gods and Sky Fathers/Hell Lords and Demons in terms of raw power, and Galactus and the higher cosmic hierarchy!!

Sundipped
Originally posted by guy222

When I see the term "life force" the first entity that comes to mind for me is the Phoenix Force. Remember the golden aura that was seen around Victor? Looks like it to me.

zopzop
Okay thats when SS took on the Eternals?
No, that was when Surfer ran into the disembodied Ghaur somewhere in deep space.

Set didn't do anything to the Cube. Dr. Strange and the heroes exhausted the Cube's power by using it to back an exorcism spell Strange was casting (while Strange was invoking all his artifacts!).

http://www.killermovies.com/forums/f98/t552608.html

guy222
When I see the term "life force" the first entity that comes to mind for me is the Phoenix Force. Remember the golden aura that was seen around Victor? Looks like it to me.

evening sun

yes i do

hoping marvel makes the connection

Colossus-Big C
these characters will likely never appear again, and if they do it would be a low showing.
trust me

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.