Movie Avengers V Movie Superman?

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.

I play triangle
Who wins this, no Kryptonite! Thor's magic is Science!

Zack Fair
Been done before.

Superman stomps.

I play triangle
I searched and nada, link? Thanks

Silent Master
If Superman ever manages to hit Thor, he'd probably win.

Zack Fair
Was done in the movies vs, so I was wrong lol.

Flyattractor
The falling Hellicarrier would have been a funny bit if Superman has been in the movie.

Greysen93
Avengers win

playa1258
Superman

Zack Fair
Originally posted by Greysen93
Avengers win

How?

Greysen93
Originally posted by Zack Fair
How? Because they have Hulk and Thor

Zack Fair
But movie Supes is a hundred times stronger, faster and durable than they are.

CosmicComet
Originally posted by Zack Fair
But movie Supes is millions upon millions of times stronger, faster and durable than they are.

fixed

playa1258
Originally posted by Greysen93
Because they have Hulk and Thor

Who are no where near as strong or as fast as Superman.

lilshogun
Thor, Hulk, Ironman wins..Movie Supeman does not have h2h fighting experience against superfoes. He relies on his gifted abilities.

CosmicComet
I don't need fighting experience to stomp on ants.

And. Um. Movie Superman fought Zod, Non, and Ursa in Metropolis.

Mindset
Cap decapitates him.

With his fist.

CosmicComet
Ok I agree.

Silent Master
How about a no-powers fight between Movie Superman and Thor?

Zack Fair
LoL Superman dies with 1 punch.

Digi
This just astounds me. Someone who threw a poison continent into space and can turn back time with his speed, vs. a team that took a 10 minute action sequence to take out some human goons and start a propeller up.

Avengers backers: What critical process do you go through to reach your conclusion?

iceman24567
Originally posted by Digi
This just astounds me. Someone who threw a poison continent into space and can turn back time with his speed, vs. a team that took a 10 minute action sequence to take out some human goons and start a propeller up.

Avengers backers: What critical process do you go through to reach your conclusion? Its called gamma drank brah

NemeBro
Probably the distraction of seeing Thor's rippling musculature and beautiful blonde hair, so they don't notice that movie Avengers is relatively unimpressive when put up against Superman.

carver9
How can Superman go from getting ripped up by some humans after getting stabbed by a kryptonite shard to lifting up a kryptonite Island? Doesn't calculate.

Silent Master
I have no problem with movie Superman being strong enough to likely one-shot any of the Avengers. I just think that his skill level is so low that getting that one hit will probably take a few hours.

NemeBro
Skill doesn't really mean much when you move so fast that you can hit everyone on the team a hundred times before they can move a few inches to the left.

playa1258
Originally posted by Silent Master
I have no problem with movie Superman being strong enough to likely one-shot any of the Avengers. I just think that his skill level is so low that getting that one hit will probably take a few hours.

You don't need skill when you can one shot everyone with a single hit in under a second.

Digi
Originally posted by carver9
How can Superman go from getting ripped up by some humans after getting stabbed by a kryptonite shard to lifting up a kryptonite Island? Doesn't calculate.

Moot point in the thread. The Avengers won't have access to k-nite.

Also, he sun-dipped (or at chilled in space for a bit), and apparently gets charged up fast as hell in the movies.

rofl

Zack Fair
I wanna see powerless Clark vs powerless Thor.

What an epic beatdown that would be.

IRRFMrzTYpE

VS

e5mKYptN2J0

Silent Master
Originally posted by NemeBro
Skill doesn't really mean much when you move so fast that you can hit everyone on the team a hundred times before they can move a few inches to the left.

Originally posted by playa1258
You don't need skill when you can one shot everyone with a single hit in under a second.

Have you even watched the Superman movies?

NemeBro
Yes, I saw the part where he appeared to be in multiple places on the planet, as well as the part where he flew so fast he turned back time.

Have you?

Silent Master
Originally posted by NemeBro
Yes, I saw the part where he appeared to be in multiple places on the planet, as well as the part where he flew so fast he turned back time.

Have you?

Then by all means, post the screen-caps or clips where movie Superman fights in the manner you describe.

-K-M-
This just astounds me. Someone who threw a poison continent into space and can turn back time with his speed

He also moved the moon in Superman IV

EDIT:

Cut to 6:13 for the feat

EEe-Pzle290

CosmicComet

Also, he sun-dipped (or at chilled in space for a bit), and apparently gets charged up fast as hell in the movies.

He was nowhere near space, actually.

He was just in the clouds, no higher than where he usually flies on Earth.

Hell he was higher up when he saved the plane/shuttle and when he was listening in on the planet from outside of the atmosphere.

I play triangle
Originally posted by carver9

Well you have convinced me wise one. Avengers win!

PillarofOsiris

Avengers backers: What critical process do you go through to reach your conclusion?

thumb up thumb up thumb up

Digi
Originally posted by PillarofOsiris
thumb up thumb up thumb up

It's just mind-boggling. People asking for in-movie combat speed when his strength in moving moons, continents, etc. means that he could just punch the damn ground and have the AoE splash all but vaporize everyone but Hulk and Thor.

Or fly straight into them from space at speeds they can't possibly react to. Repeatedly.

Or throw them into space/the sun/etc. which only Thor might be able to escape for a while.

Not to mention that, even sans psychotic speed feats, it's not like the Avengers are breaking any reaction-time barriers.

Or freeze them with his breath then do the punching.

Or lobotomize them with vision.

Or 10 other ways I'm not thinking of right now.

I realize there's a couple trolls here, that are likely just fueling the fire. But there's only a fire to fuel because there's some legit stupidity to fan.

JakeTheBank
^ Personally don't think Superman would attempt to greviously injure or kill his enemies.

That being said, he still walks away the winner.

Digi
Originally posted by JakeTheBank
^ Personally don't think Superman would attempt to greviously injure or kill his enemies.

That being said, he still walks away the winner.

Well, sure, he'd hold back. But the gap is so great that it wouldn't matter.

Greysen93
Originally posted by I play triangle
Well you have convinced me wise one. Avengers win! That's right.

quanchi112
Avengers stomp.

Flyattractor
I have no problem with movie Superman being strong enough to likely one-shot any of the Avengers. I just think that his skill level is so low that getting that one hit will probably take a few hours. The only people in the AVG movie to show any H2H skill were Cap,Hawk,and BW.
And they aint stopping ANY of the Movie Supermans.
Thor aint even Bullet Proof in this movie. His head goes pop.
Tony gets recycled.
Hulk is the ONLY one that is gonna come close to putting up a fight,and he would probably only survive due to his HF/immortaltiy thing.

Supes wins.

Especially SR superman.

Silent Master
Thor also showed fairly good HTH skill in both his movie and in the Avengers. Heck, even Tony and the Hulk showed more HTH skill than Superman.

Flyattractor
Thor also showed fairly good HTH skill in both his movie and in the Avengers. Heck, even Tony and the Hulk showed more HTH skill than Superman. ...You on da magic bannana dance you be trippin yo.

Happy Dance

Newjak

Avengers backers: What critical process do you go through to reach your conclusion? To be fair their biggest guns were fighting each other on the hellicarrier.

If you include all Superman movies Superman stomps hard. If you take just Superman Returns Superman Avengers may have a chance.

playa1258
Reeve Superman stomps.

Routh Superman stomps.

Smallville Superman stomps.

playa1258
Originally posted by quanchi112
Avengers stomp.

Get stomped I agree.

CosmicComet
Reeve Superman stomps.

Routh Superman stomps.

Smallville Superman stomps.

even george reeves superman stomps.

DCAU superman as well.

playa1258
Yeah the people arguing for the Avengers are: Marvel Bias as hell, trolling or retarded.

Probably a combo of all of the above.

ankur29
Well, sure, he'd hold back. But the gap is so great that it wouldn't matter.

thumb up

SM 10/10.

DC makes there heroes as powerful as their comic counterparts, and it has worked well.

Marvel think they have to reduce their powers for some reason...

CosmicComet
Even what little we know of Henry Cavill Superman so far, he stomps too.

He would already be able to speed blitz the whole gang.

playa1258
I take it you read about the leaked scenes from a supposed credible source?

CosmicComet
yeah that

playa1258
The tank scene if true puts MOS Superman firmly beyond Movie Thor, who was diving away from 20mm cannon fire.

CosmicComet
If only those gunmen didn't have such shitty aim against loki, we may have seen what bullets do against asgardian (technically not) skin, all they hit was his chest plate.

Still, assault rifles <<<< Fighter jet machine guns.

DARTH POWER
Originally posted by ankur29
thumb up

SM 10/10.

DC makes there heroes as powerful as their comic counterparts, and it has worked well.
Marvel think they have to reduce their powers for some reason...

And yet none of DC's super powered heroes have been successful on the big screen this century.

Whilst Marvel has pulled off the frigging Avengers as the biggest superhero movie of all time!

So I wouldn't complain about the way Marvel does things on the big screen.

And DC probably should take some lessons.

The tank scene if true puts MOS Superman firmly beyond Movie Thor, who was diving away from 20mm cannon fire.

Thor also tanked the explosion of the bifrost bridge point blank without a scar to show for it.

So I wouldn't make anything of him avoiding the bullet fire. Might be that stupid backward durability thing they have used in the comics sometimes.

Same as is with Wonder Woman.

CosmicComet
Originally posted by DARTH POWER
And yet none of DC's super powered heroes have been successful on the big screen this century.

Whilst Marvel has pulled off the frigging Avengers as the biggest superhero movie of all time!

So I wouldn't complain about the way Marvel does things on the big screen.

And DC probably should take some lessons.

Superman Returns was successful, both commercially and critically, actually.

It made more at the box office than Batman Begins, Captain America, or either Hulk movie.

DARTH POWER
Originally posted by CosmicComet
Superman Returns was successful, both commercially and critically, actually.

It made more at the box office than Batman Begins, Captain America, or either Hulk movie.

No it did not do well commercially because it's production budget was so damn high.

And critics may have liked it. But both fans and your general audience thought it stank.

Considering it was 20 years since the last Superman movie(and Supes is the heavy weight of the Big 3- Superman, Spiderman & Batman) it should have easily made 700-800 million. It made about half that which is why Bryan Singer got fired.

lilshogun
Film Superman has bad fighting skills. He relies on his power. Thor's warrior experience will wreck Superman.

CosmicComet
It's budget was not all that high. It had a budget of 200 million and made almost 400 million at the box office.

That, is successful.

Hulkbuster1
Reeve Superman stomps.

Routh Superman stomps.

Smallville Superman stomps. thumb up thumb up and away

CosmicComet
Originally posted by lilshogun
Film Superman has bad fighting skills. He relies on his power. Thor's warrior experience will wreck Superman.

Good luck beating someone who's thousands of times faster than you in speed and reaction time.

DARTH POWER
Originally posted by CosmicComet
It's budget was not all that high. It had a budget of 200 million and made almost 400 million at the box office.

That, is successful.

I heard somewhere a movie has to make almost double it's production cost before it breaks even. The Theaters take their share after all.

And the cost was more than 200m. I mean jeez even Avengers only cost 220m. You don't spend that much unless your expecting a good 500m minimum.

For Superman to make less than the likes of Iron Man and even the X-Men was a complete joke.

There is a reason Mr. Bryan Singer got fired. It's because the studio itself did not see Returns as a success. Not by a long shot.

JayDaDon
Honestly the only character in avengers to impress me power wise was cap. He was actually my favorite part of the movie. Hulk did nothing hulk shouldn't be able to do, and nobody walked out of that movie theatre with Thor's name on their lips, so that says everything about him. Yeah supes does to hulk what hulk did to Loki.

Zack Fair
Singer was high on dope when he made returns.

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.