Favorite EU ships?

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.

Q99
What are your favorite Starships of SW which, and this is important, are *not* either from the original trilogy, or based directly on them?

(I.e. no wedge shaped star destroyers. No Mon Cals that are basically like Home One but bigger or otherwise the same general standard shape, and so on)

Stealth Moose
That's a good question.

Leviathan looks kind of neat, like an organic lobster claw, I suppose. The TOR-era Fury mixes the awesomeness of the TIE fighter with the luxury and comfort of a Corellian freighter.

RE: Blaxican
I thought about this, and it dismays me to realise that I can't think of a single EU ship that stands out to me.

That probably has to do with the fact that the actual technology in Star Wars is basically ignored unless it's a superweapon. EU ships essentially serve no role beyond acting as a backdrop for plot progression. Sad, really. That's one of the things I like about the Halo universe; the various ships and vehicles the characters utilize tend to be fleshed out to the point that they serve as more than just a means to an end.

I'd like to see a star wars story that focuses exclusively on military personnell such as pilots ans bridge crew. The Rogue Squadron novels came close, but Stackpole sucks at writing characters that aren't Gary Stu's.

Nephthys
Wasn't there a book about the Millenium Falcon though?

RE: Blaxican
Yeah, though IIRC it was about its history; when it was created, who flew it before Han got his hands on it, etc.

Nephthys
Its a genre thing. Star Wars is Soft Sci-fi, meaning that it doesn't focus on the tech as much as it does on the characters and setting etc. Hard Sci-fi looks at the technology and explores how it works, what impact it has etc.

Lord Lucien
I need b*tchin' visuals for the cool technology to stand out to me, and most of the EU is just novels and crappy comics.

So I'm gonna say... none of them.

Q99
The Scythe and Tri-Scythe ships from Legacy have kinda grown on me- very foward-forced, offensive specialized designs as opposed to the jack-of-all-trades ships that dominated the rebellion era.

Galan007
The Eclipse. Palpatine's flagship in DE:
http://s4d2.turboimagehost.com/t1/11863673_Star_Wars_-_Dark_Empire_06_-_16.jpg http://s4d2.turboimagehost.com/t1/11863674_Star_Wars_-_Dark_Empire_06_-_17.jpg

Nephthys
I like the Swtor spaceships quite a lot. I really like the inside of the Trooper ship, its very spacious and looks like a military vessal imo..... apart from the idiotic massive support beam in front of the captains chair and the fact that the windows are too high up to actually look out of. That thing would be awful in an actual fight. The agent's ship is very sleek on the inside but kind of dull inside, while the Jedi ship is a good balance of the two.

Q99
Originally posted by Galan007
The Eclipse. Palpatine's flagship in DE:

It does have a very nice nautical-ship like grace.

Darth Ray Park
No mention for the Ebon Hawk or the Leviathan/Harbinger?

I also really like yhe Jedi Starfighter used on the swoop tracks on manaan, taris and tatooine during the jedi civil war.

Darth Ray Park
Originally posted by Q99
It does have a very nice nautical-ship like grace.

I disagree it is very poorly drawn and it's no coinincidence that Del Ry never hire that artist ever again to work on another comic.

Q99
Originally posted by Darth Ray Park
I disagree it is very poorly drawn and it's no coinincidence that Del Ry never hire that artist ever again to work on another comic.

That artist wasn't good, granted, but I still liked the design. Just preferably draw by others ^^

Pwned
Yeah, the Eclipse has been one of my favorites for a while. Superweapons are my kind of thing, because they just have a coolness factor until it gets to the absurd ranges or they are copies.

Major Valerian
The Millenium Falcon just 'cause Han Solo was the owner. You don't need another reason.

dgeoro_scattere
The Executor.

Q99
The Millennium Falcon and Executor aren't exactly EU.

Battlemaster
I always liked the The Shrike from Mysteries of the Sith.

Loved the design.

Probably my favorite ship in Star Wars in general.

Q99
Link broken there

Battlemaster
There. stick out tongue

She's a beautiful vessel.

Lord Lucien
Apparently that page doesn't exist.

Q99
Here you go

Not a bad little ship

juyomaster34
The Ebon Hawk.

Q99
The Scythe class MC ships from Legacy have grown on me. There's something about the 'all firepower forward' design for offensive functionality, like an A-10 warthog in ship form.

juyomaster34
Originally posted by Q99
The Scythe class MC ships from Legacy have grown on me. There's something about the 'all firepower forward' design for offensive functionality, like an A-10 warthog in ship form.

I like some of the ships from legacy,too. I also like the Sith Infiltrator.It hasn't made its apearance on CW yet. I hope it does one day soon.

Q99
Sith Infiltrator? You mean This baby?

NTJack0
Originally posted by juyomaster34
The Ebon Hawk. This.

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.