Voidtry & Thanos vs Odin

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.

janus77
all out, no wanting to die from Voidtry. No killing your partner from either Thanos or Voidtry. Current Thanos, or near as (since the one who just returned doesn't have any feats yet).

1) battle in Seattle (wonder if I can find a torrent of that film?)

2) Asgard

Odin is ofcourse determined to win and willing to kill (if that needed stating).

if either side is unfairly underpowered, then they get to add a high herald (of your choice) to their side until such time as it makes the battle even.

Endless Mike
Odin

abhilegend
Odin.

Lord Feron
Originally posted by Endless Mike
Odin

Bentley
Wait!

Quanchi, I choose you!

quanchi112
Thanos, easily.

iceman24567
Odin

bbrem123
team

Silent Master
Odin

the Darkone
Odin, more powerful, more versatile and has more option!!

janus77
Originally posted by quanchi112
Thanos, easily.
based on?

janus77
Originally posted by the Darkone
Odin, more powerful, more versatile and has more option!!
I'll give you more powerful, but more versatile? is there anything he can do (not how he does things, mind) that Thanos/Void cannot replicate?

Also, just how much more powerful? you can add high-heralds to the team to balance it out...

iceman24567
Originally posted by janus77
I'll give you more powerful, but more versatile? is there anything he can do (not how he does things, mind) that Thanos/Void cannot replicate?

Also, just how much more powerful? you can add high-heralds to the team to balance it out... Can Thanos reverse or stop time?

janus77
Originally posted by iceman24567
Can Thanos reverse or stop time?
good question, but I don't recall Odin doing it either.

I know it's within the powers Surfer has so, maybe ...

iceman24567
good question, but I don't recall Odin doing it either.

I know it's within the powers Surfer has so, maybe ... Odin has both stopped and reversed time on separate occasions

janus77
Odin has both stopped and reversed time on separate occasions
within battle or as some tech/magic/prep feat?
because he did that against The Serpent (instead he was willing to burn the earth) nor against Thanos nor against Galactus...

the Darkone
Odin is more versatile, he is sorcery supreme in his own right! Odin is not MM, if these two attack Asgard, Odin will show them the meaning of pain beyond belief.

Odin can call upon cosmic and mystical energy/ weapons at will, gungiar spear of heaven, thund struck, and here's a new flash, when Odin fights all out he still holds back from using the full power of the Odin-Force, this has been stated by Odin himself!!
No amount of Herald can affect Odin, who can disperse their molecule at a whim, or teleport them to Hel.

In Asgard Odin smokes them hard 10/10
Seattle Odin still wins 10/10

janus77
hmm, I don't think that's the most coherent argument I've ever read (and I do hope that there will be better arguments presented in this thread).

Odin holds back? they all do, more or less. You can't typically judge the extent of this "holding back" because it is a trick of narrative/plot expedience.

Odin's spear was used by Odin, against Thanos. It's because of the surprising inconclusiveness of that battle (the fact that Thanos wasn't the aggressor nor particularly riled during the confrontation), that I set this up.

iceman24567
because he did that against The Serpent (instead he was willing to burn the earth) nor against Thanos nor against Galactus...
Didn't Odin reverse time after the Serpent bs? Either way you can't expect Odin to do every time he fights erm. I was just stating he had the ability

the Darkone

Uh duh, because it would be useless against beings that can over come time stop age. Stopping time wouldn't affect Galactus who is more powerful and Serpent who is supposedly be equal to Odin.

Odin doesn't use it all the time, Odin probably could stop time or reverser time on Thanos but he didn't, some times he want to get his fight ob once awhile. Thanos is not above time manipulation, unless I miss something.

janus77
Didn't Odin reverse time after the Serpent bs? Either way you can't expect Odin to do every time he fights erm. I was just stating he had the ability
I don't think he did, I mean the stuff with Null happened afterwards, as well as the current Zodiac business...

And you're right that you can't expect every power to be used/demonstrated in every battle, but I was wondering more along the lines of whether it was a 'power' or some form of magic that requires prep/ritual.

the Darkone
hmm, I don't think that's the most coherent argument I've ever read (and I do hope that there will be better arguments presented in this thread).

Odin holds back? they all do, more or less. You can't typically judge the extent of this "holding back" because it is a trick of narrative/plot expedience.

Odin's spear was used by Odin, against Thanos. It's because of the surprising inconclusiveness of that battle (the fact that Thanos wasn't the aggressor nor particularly riled during the confrontation), that I set this up.

Im trying to give an idea how powerful the Odin force is or potentially, all of Odin feats from the time he was introduce up to now, he was only using half the Odin Force, if that's true and Odin is not holding back, Void and Thanos are f**ked especially in Asgard.

The Spear is a conduit to focus the Odin force more effectively, same thing with thundstruck/specter, Odin can call upon Loki or Thor and give them a fraction of the Odin Force easily making them a match for Thanos or Void, if you and anybody else don't think so, then they really don't know what :wtfL they are talking about.

the Darkone
I don't think he did, I mean the stuff with Null happened afterwards, as well as the current Zodiac business...

And you're right that you can't expect every power to be used/demonstrated in every battle, but I was wondering more along the lines of whether it was a 'power' or some form of magic that requires prep/ritual.

He can stop time if he so chose, their is no ritual he just stops time period!

Odin is more powerful and versatile with his powers period, he can make human a goddess which he has done before, or amp a Asgardian like he did to Hemidall when Odin gave him a fraction of the Odin Force, tanking a hammer shot from Materson Thor, that didn't even phase him .

quanchi112
based on? Immune to death, tanked far more powerful attacks than Odin's capable of, smarter, more powerful.

janus77
Immune to death, tanked far more powerful attacks than Odin's capable of, smarter, more powerful.
yes, that's... convincing confused

any actual comparable feats or such?

quanchi112
yes, that's... convincing confused

any actual comparable feats or such? Resisting a universally empowered blade empowered by a universe filled to max capacity specifically designed to kill you in a ritual, resisting a cc level attack without even bleeding, causing permanent death by overpowering the fundamental laws of the universe.

How tell me what Odin has done.

the Darkone
Odin is more powerful, versatile and wiser than Thanos period, to say other wise is low balling period.

When Odin fought Thanos the first time Odin wanted Thanos to submit, that alone showed us he was holding back. Now hes not Odin would not heistate too unleashed the full power of the Odin Force on Thanos, Odin cutting lose has stagger the mighty Surtur and he is vastly more powerful Thanos.

quanchi112
Odin is more powerful, versatile and wiser than Thanos period, to say other wise is low balling period.

When Odin fought Thanos the first time Odin wanted Thanos to submit, that alone showed us he was holding back. Now hes not Odin would not heistate too unleashed the full power of the Odin Force on Thanos, Odin cutting lose has stagger the mighty Surtur and he is vastly more powerful Thanos. No, he isn't. You clearly can't even back up your claims. Thanos grew in power since the conflict where Odin was unable to beat him.

Silent Master
Thanos got his butt kicked, you really need to stop lying about that fight.

the Darkone
Thanos is one tough mofo no doubt, he still hasnt surpass Odin in power period. Odin is more powerful feats have prove this, Odin wasn't even trying to kill Thanos, he wanted him to submit; thats why Odin was a asking Thanos "do you yield".

There is no proof Thanos is even on Odin level of power or a elite sky father, to say other wise is fan boyism.

Thanos defeating the maker was good not great, in context he was fighting somebody that wasn't all there, if she was in the right frame of mind she would beat the sh** out of Thanos.

the Darkone
Originally posted by Silent Master
Thanos got his butt kicked, you really need to stop lying about that fight.

Im a Thanos fan, even I say he lost. Thanos show us that he is defiant to the end, not his power!!

quanchi112
Thanos got his butt kicked, you really need to stop lying about that fight. You're a known liar.Originally posted by the Darkone
Im a Thanos fan, even I say he lost. Thanos show us that he is defiant to the end, not his power!! The fight ended in a standstill there is no judges scorecard. You need to be consistent.

Silent Master
You really need to stop lying.

quanchi112
You really need to stop lying. So you're saying the fight didn't end in a standstill ?

Silent Master
It wasn't a standstill.

quanchi112
It wasn't a standstill. Then how did it end ?

Silent Master
With Odin standing over Thanos.

quanchi112
With Odin standing over Thanos. That's not when Odin quit the fight. You never read it.

NemeBro
It ended with Odin holding a casual advantage after he made Thanos look like a limp-wristed girl.

Silent Master
That's not when Odin quit the fight. You never read it.

Then post the rest of the fight.

quanchi112
Originally posted by NemeBro
It ended with Odin holding a casual advantage after he made Thanos look like a limp-wristed girl. You didn't read it either.Originally posted by Silent Master
Then post the rest of the fight. Odin quit fight when he realized he was in the wrong. Odin was going to keep fighting until the duo arrived. A marvel bio confirms what we see on panel. You don't get to decide what's canon for marvel.

Silent Master
Again, post the rest of the fight.

Colossus-Big C
What if sentry mindrapes odin?

quanchi112
Again, post the rest of the fight. I repeat you don't get to decide what's canon for Thanos. The battle ended in a standstill.

Silent Master
Then post the rest of the fight.

NemeBro
You didn't read it either. Post the part of the fight when Thanos held the advantage.

Only you can't. The pages don't exist.

Thanos couldn't even harm Odin, and Odin casually smashed through the Force Block that held Warrior Madness Thor with the Power Gem, who was also shown to be physically superior to Thanos.

quanchi112
Post the part of the fight when Thanos held the advantage.

Only you can't. The pages don't exist.

Thanos couldn't even harm Odin, and Odin casually smashed through the Force Block that held Warrior Madness Thor with the Power Gem, who was also shown to be physically superior to Thanos. I never said he held the advantage I said the fight ended in a standstill. there was no victor.

Odin never put Thanos down.

Silent Master
Sure he did, Odin then allowed Thanos the time needed to struggle back to his feet.

quanchi112
Sure he did, Odin then allowed Thanos the time needed to struggle back to his feet. Thanos could erect shielding or teleport at any time. Quit trying to say Odin could have killed Thanos. Speculation.

JakeTheBank
Originally posted by Colossus-Big C
What if sentry mindrapes odin?

Highly unlikely.

It's more likely the very opposite happen, in fact. erm

Silent Master
Thanos got his butt kicked, deal with it.

quanchi112
Thanos got his butt kicked, deal with it. No he didn't. Thanos didn't lose. Deal with it.

Silent Master
The comic clearly shows Odin standing over Thanos and then allowing Thanos the time needed to struggle back to his feet.

quanchi112
The comic clearly shows Odin standing over Thanos and then allowing Thanos the time needed to struggle back to his feet. Your speculation isn't canon. LOL.

Silent Master
Again, the comic clearly showed Odin standing over a beaten Thanos and then allowing him the time needed to struggle back to his feet.

Thanos got his butt kicked.

the Darkone
Odin wins!!

quanchi112
Again, the comic clearly showed Odin standing over a beaten Thanos and then allowing him the time needed to struggle back to his feet.

Thanos got his butt kicked. You can keep reposting yourself the comic and bio support myself.

Silent Master
No, the comic clearly showed Odin standing over a beaten Thanos and then allowing him the time needed to struggle back to his feet.

That in no way supports your argument.

quanchi112
No, the comic clearly showed Odin standing over a beaten Thanos and then allowing him the time needed to struggle back to his feet.

That in no way supports your argument. The comic clearly shows the fight end in a standstill. Your speculation isn't canon.

Bentley
The comic clearly shows the fight end in a standstill. Your speculation isn't canon.

Here you're right.

Thanos could erect shielding or teleport at any time.

Here you're speculating and commiting the same mistake you correct smile

quanchi112
Originally posted by Bentley
Here you're right.

Here you're speculating and commiting the same mistake you correct smile I agree that speculation should never be used but I simply gave it right back. If he wanted to go that route I could as well. But I only seriously ever argue what happens on panel not what could have happened.

carver9
Thanos and Void needs more team mates.

janus77
Originally posted by carver9
as I said, if you think they need help, you can add on more high heralds until you feel it's an even contest.

the Darkone
as I said, if you think they need help, you can add on more high heralds until you feel it's an even contest. [/QUOTE

It still won't help, the most powerful sky father will eat them alive especially in Asgard!

quanchi112
Thanos and Void needs more team mates. Thanos solos.

the Darkone
Odin wins with little trouble!

quanchi112
Odin wins with little trouble! Based on ?

the Darkone

They all going to visit the ICU, Odin eats heralds for lunch and dinner!

janus77
They all going to visit the ICU, Odin eats heralds for lunch! Mrs. chokesondick for dinner?

quanchi112
They all going to visit the ICU, Odin eats heralds for lunch and dinner! Want to debate against me here ?

the Darkone
Odin wins convincely, in Asgard Odin regin supreme!

Odin will still put a hurting Thanos and Void, if he is on earth still more powerful and versatile than both .

iceman24567
Originally posted by Colossus-Big C
What if sentry mindrapes odin? LOL for serious?

quanchi112
Odin wins convincely, in Asgard Odin regin supreme!

Odin will still put a hurting Thanos and Void, if he is on earth still more powerful and versatile than both . Care to make a case ?

Eon Blue
Quanchi is a real fool. But at least he's a funny fool.

PillarofOsiris
as I said, if you think they need help, you can add on more high heralds until you feel it's an even contest.

You would need to add something like:

Sersi
Silver Surfer
Superman
Martian Manhunter
Orion
Hal Jordan

to make this a fight. At that point Odin really has his work cut out for him.

TheLordofMurder
Based on ?

Based on the FACT that you believe that Surtur (who is basically equal to Odin) beats Thanos, WBH, and Warriors Madness Thor?

wink

laughing out loud

Happy Dance

quanchi112
Originally posted by TheLordofMurder
Based on the FACT that you believe that Surtur (who is basically equal to Odin) beats Thanos, WBH, and Warriors Madness Thor?

wink

laughing out loud

Happy Dance I never once said Surtur beats Thanos. I didn't see Thanos in the thread.Originally posted by Eon Blue
Quanchi is a real fool. But at least he's a funny fool. Say says the peck.

the Darkone
Originally posted by PillarofOsiris

Sersi
Silver Surfer
Superman
Martian Manhunter
Orion
Hal Jordan

This team will still get beat down!

PillarofOsiris
This team will still get beat down!

With Thanos and Void?

the Darkone
With Thanos and Void?

Yes, Odin treat beings like Thor and Silver Surfer like gnats/bi*ches, they would all get one shoted period, only threat would be Thanos even will fall too the All-Father!

bbrem123
team wins

janus77
Originally posted by bbrem123
team wins
No additions necessary?

janus77

Sersi
Silver Surfer
Superman
Martian Manhunter
Orion
Hal Jordan

I dunno, I personally think that team would tip the balance too far against Odin.

Surfer (when not jobbing) is downright impossible to pin down - his consciousness can be "everywhere" at once.

Superman has so much DC love his undies are permanently stained with drool ... I can't see him getting one-punched out of it.

MM would provide a little nuisance value and Oriion some good firepower...

All the above added to Thanos and a lunatic Void ... seems too much.

the Darkone
The team lose hard, SS regardless what level he is at is still no match for a Sky Father period, neither is Superman, Orion, MM, Sersi etc they will all fall with one shot of the Odin Force.

Odin is willing to kill, he will unleashed Godly wrath on this team, to say that they have a chance is not being realistic concerning Odin's power and abilities. Odin can stops time rapes the whole damn team is he so choose, or teleport them into Hel!!

Odin has more option then we realize!!

Toshi
I repeat you don't get to decide what's canon for Thanos. The battle ended in a standstill.

I'm just going to admit I haven't read any of this but how does a "standstill" equate to Thanos soloing?

quanchi112
Originally posted by Toshi
I'm just going to admit I haven't read any of this but how does a "standstill" equate to Thanos soloing? Thanos probably would have beaten him then but as the avatar of death while considering what he's done he'd stomp Odin into asgard.

TheLordofMurder
I never once said Surtur beats Thanos. I didn't see Thanos in the thread.

Yes you did and you DID see Thanos in the thread; it was clearly titled as follows:

WBH,Thanos, and Warriors Madness Thor vs Surtur...

And your reply was:

Surtur wins...

Freudian slip for the win! I knew you'd tell the truth sooner or later Quan!

laughing out loud

Happy Dance

NemeBro
Thanos probably would have beaten him then Based on?

TheLordofMurder
Based on?

Exactly; Quanchi's stance is based on nothing but blind fanboyism...

Quanchi likes to say "but Thanos didnt use shields; if he uses shields, he wins" and then I say "how in the heck are shields going to help with Thanos's offensive output!?"

The fact of the matter is that Thanos was unable to do anything significant to Odin...

Thanos even amped his attacks with plasma (of course blind Quan will still maintan that Thanos was holding back...despite amping his attacks...lol) and still really couldnt harm Odin.

So once again, Quanchi's stance is supported by nothing more than blind, fanboyish, purple-prune-face-guy worship...and nothing more.

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.