Movie Hulk vs Movie Asgardian Destroyer...

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.

TheLordofMurder
Hulk as he was in the Avengers movie vs the Thor movie version of the Asgardian Destroyer...

Fight to the Death or KO...no BFR...who wins?

Mindset
Hulk eats it.

KingD19
Eats it like Shawarma.

JakeTheBank
Destroyer Armor.

Damborgson
Destroyer

ozz81
destroyer

carver9
All those amazing fts the Destroyer have. He beats Hulk 10/10. The Destroyer fts are so amazing. It took out some cars, some frost Giants, took out a depowered Thor. Destroyer armor>>>>Hulk based off fts.

Yay.

JakeTheBank
Originally posted by carver9
All those amazing fts the Destroyer have. He beats Hulk 10/10. The Destroyer fts are so amazing. It took out some cars, some frost Giants, took out a depowered Thor. Destroyer armor>>>>Hulk based off fts.

Yay.

Do you need some Preperation H for your butthurt?

carver9
Originally posted by JakeTheBank
Do you need some Preperation H for your butthurt?

Lol...naah, I came to realize a lot of things so I'm joining the bunch. Based on fts of destroying cars and some frost giants, Destroyer>>>Hulk. The featless Destroyer wins instead of getting ripped to shreds by Hulk, someone who does have fts.

Happy Dance

JakeTheBank
Lol...naah, I came to realize a lot of things so I'm joining the bunch. Based on fts of destroying cars and some frost giants, Destroyer>>>Hulk. The featless Destroyer wins instead of getting ripped to shreds by Hulk, someone who does have fts.

Happy Dance

So, yes, you do need some Preperation H.

carver9
So, yes, you do need some Preperation H.

Convince me Jake, why does the Destroyer wins.? I consider you a reasonable poster, what are you basing your judgement off of?

quanchi112
Convince me Jake, why does the Destroyer wins.? I consider you a reasonable poster, what are you basing your judgement off of? There's no e after the d in judgment. Pet peeve.

srankmissingnin
Convince me Jake, why does the Destroyer wins.? I consider you a reasonable poster, what are you basing your judgement off of?

There is no reason why the Movie Destroyer could beat the Hulk, which is why Jake opted for the classic "U mAD!" defense, in the first place.

srankmissingnin
Originally posted by quanchi112
There's no e after the d in judgment. Pet peeve.

Only in America, because you guys hate the metric system and spelling words properly. cool

JakeTheBank

The fact that it was only defeated by its own energies being forced into it's open visor from Mjolnir. Unless Hulk can replicate that feat, I don't see him damaging the Destroyer at all.

And before you or someone else brings up Sif "damaging" the Destroyer with her blade, keep in mind her blade just managed to go through the creases of the armor, which was malleable enough to enable it to shift its plates and do a complete 180 turn while standing.

carver9
Originally posted by srankmissingnin
There is no reason why the Movie Destroyer could beat the Hulk, which is why Jake opted for the classic "U mAD!" defense, in the first place.

I know it isn't. Lol...I just wanted to see what he would come up with. big grin

Badabing
Only in America, because you guys hate the metric system and spelling words properly. cool V86RXFNXVjo

carver9
The fact that it was only defeated by its own energies being forced into it's open visor from Mjolnir. Unless Hulk can replicate that feat, I don't see him damaging the Destroyer at all.

And before you or someone else brings up Sif "damaging" the Destroyer with her blade, keep in mind her blade just managed to go through the creases of the armor, which was malleable enough to enable it to shift its plates and do a complete 180 turn while standing.

confused

The Destroyer never displayed the strength necessary to take out the Hulk. One of the Asgardians survived a blast from its eyes which gives me a good reason to believe that Hulk would be ok right after being hit with the blast as well.

Durability...doesn't have "any" fts to suggest it could even cope with a punch from Hulk let alone Hulk ripping it in half. Hulk could grab those same creases Sif stabbed it through and rip it in half throwing one end on each side of the City.

Jake, Jake, come on Jake.

NemeBro
Carver is actually correct.

The Destroyer's feats don't suggest it is nearly as strong as Hulk.

Mindset
Hulk would style on Destroyer and Thor.

JakeTheBank
confused

The Destroyer never displayed the strength necessary to take out the Hulk. One of the Asgardians survived a blast from its eyes which gives me a good reason to believe that Hulk would be ok right after being hit with the blast as well.

Durability...doesn't have "any" fts to suggest it could even cope with a punch from Hulk let alone Hulk ripping it in half. Hulk could grab those same creases Sif stabbed it through and rip it in half throwing one end on each side of the City.

Jake, Jake, come on Jake.

Christ. It's literally posts like this that make people give you so much shit.

1.) Who said anything about strength? The Destroyer Armor's M.O isn't going to be slug it out with Hulk and you know it. I wouldn't assume its visor beam would one shot Hulk, but you'd be deluding yourself if you think it wouldn't hurt him.

2.) Which Asgardian survived a direct shot from the Destroyer? As in the actual beam hitting them? The Warriors Three and Sif managed to avoid the beams directly, and they were still rocked by the explosion radius of its impact.

3.) It was intact from two Mjolnir tosses being thrown at it. I'd say that's in the same range as Hulk punching it. Further more, we know that the only thing that actually damaged it and destroyed it was the result of its own energies being pushed back into its own visor.

Basically, it's the same kind of argument you always bring up concerning Hulk:

-You ignore or twist context.
-You make random assumption based on what you think would happen.
-You either outright lie or ignore what actually happened.

Try harder.

ares834
Hulk easily. Nothing suggest otherwise.

JakeTheBank
Originally posted by NemeBro
Carver is actually correct.

The Destroyer's feats don't suggest it is nearly as strong as Hulk.

I'm not even suggesting that it needs to be physically strong at all to beat Hulk. Not sure anyone who voted for it is.

Personally, I think its energy beam would be its primary weapon as that's how it was portrayed in the movie, but that's just me. Unless the Destroyer Armor suddenly decides to just try and out muscle Hulk.

quanchi112
Only in America, because you guys hate the metric system and spelling words properly. cool America>>>>>>rest of the world.

JakeTheBank
Originally posted by ares834

How does Hulk force feed the Destroyer it's own beam?

carver9
Christ. It's literally posts like this that make people give you so much shit.

1.) Who said anything about strength? The Destroyer Armor's M.O isn't going to be slug it out with Hulk and you know it. I wouldn't assume its visor beam would one shot Hulk, but you'd be deluding yourself if you think it wouldn't hurt him.

2.) Which Asgardian survived a direct shot from the Destroyer? As in the actual beam hitting them? The Warriors Three and Sif managed to avoid the beams directly, and they were still rocked by the explosion radius of its impact.

3.) It was intact from two Mjolnir tosses being thrown at it. I'd say that's in the same range as Hulk punching it. Further more, we know that the only thing that actually damaged it and destroyed it was the result of its own energies being pushed back into its own visor.

Basically, it's the same kind of argument you always bring up concerning Hulk:

-You ignore or twist context.
-You make random assumption based on what you think would happen.
-You either outright lie or ignore what actually happened.

Try harder.

Based on fts, Movie Abomination>>Movie Destroyer.

carver9

Exactly

JakeTheBank
Based on fts, Movie Abomination>>Movie Destroyer.

So no counter point? No real rebuttal outside of "HULK!" ?

Come on, son.

carver9

He doesn't have to. Hulk stabs it with a pole, powering it down long enough for him to cover the distance and rip it in half.

JakeTheBank
He doesn't have to. Hulk stabs it with a pole, powering it down long enough for him to cover the distance and rip it in half.

Prove he can rip it in half?

ares834

Why must that be the only way to destroy the Destroyer? In the films it is never shown to be able to withstand anything equivalent to Hulk's best.

Mindset
One shot Hulk?

You trippin.

JakeTheBank
Why must that be the only way to destroy the Destroyer? In the films it is never shown to be able to withstand anything equivalent to Hulk's best.

Because that's we actually saw? We saw that physical force could move the armor and knock it down but we didn't see anything to suggest that it could physically be ripped apart or smashed.

NemeBro
I'm not even suggesting that it needs to be physically strong at all to beat Hulk. Not sure anyone who voted for it is.

Personally, I think its energy beam would be its primary weapon as that's how it was portrayed in the movie, but that's just me. Unless the Destroyer Armor suddenly decides to just try and out muscle Hulk. You're taking "strength" to mean "physical strength".

What I am saying is that Hulk is greater than the Destroyer based on actual showings.

As for how it would force the beam into it, I suspect he could plug the face hole with his fist.

carver9
Prove he can rip it in half?

The armor was stabbed through easily which means it can be damaged. Then it was pierced by someone FAR weaker than Hulk. There's nothing suggesting it could hang even a minute against the Hulk.

ares834
That would be a no-limits fallacy. Just because it wasn't shown to be damaged doesn't mean it can't be. And in the film, it never withstands and physical force as great as the Hulk.

JakeTheBank
You're taking "strength" to mean "physical strength".

What I am saying is that Hulk is greater than the Destroyer based on actual showings.

As for how it would force the beam into it, I suspect he could plug the face hole with his fist.

Usually, when Hulk is being discussed, when "strength" is mentioned, it's widely assumed to be in the physical and literal sense.

Not sure how that'd work as we know that his body isn't as durable as Mjolnir. Or whether or not he'd be able to wade through a constant and continuous energy beam.

carver9
I'm done here. My buddy Ares got this on lock down.

NemeBro
Caver, fight your own battles.

And Jake, Hulk was durable enough to resist Mjolnir and an alien barrage, I think he could do that long enough to put the beam in Destroyer's face plate.

Or just close the distance with a leap and punch the shit out of him, really. Destroyer was only vaguely mobile.

JakeTheBank
The armor was stabbed through easily which means it can be damaged. Then it was pierced by someone FAR weaker than Hulk. There's nothing suggesting it could hang even a minute against the Hulk.

Except, there was no damage done to the armor. The composition of the armor just caused its plates to rearrange itself.

It lasted long enough against a Thor actively using all of his power against it.

carver9

And Jake, Hulk was durable enough to resist Mjolnir and an alien barrage, I think he could do that long enough to put the beam in Destroyer's face plate.

Or just close the distance with a leap and punch the shit out of him, really. Destroyer was only vaguely mobile.

You and Ares got this. I'm done.

Mindset
Thor has like 3 powers.

Anyway, Hulk only needs one power to win.

The power of his fists.

JakeTheBank

Good luck with that first part.

Sure, he was durable. But durable enough to walk through and be able to push through the Destroyer's blast, which isn't like a barrage of blasts but rather a steady and continuous beam? Like I said earlier, I wouldn't presume to think the armor would one shot or Hulk, but I don't see Hulk's durabilty being enough to push through that and follow up by causing it to overload.

Yes, Hulk's pretty mobile. In any case, it's more likely he'd BFR it, imo, than outright destroy it.

JakeTheBank
You and Ares got this. I'm done.

Caver, Carter, and now Coward?

Mindset
Coach Carter?

JakeTheBank
That's a good one.

Someone should make a list of all the various forms of Carver. mmm

quanchi112
Caver, Carter, and now Coward? Another nickname is born. It makes perfect sense. I'm partial to caver since he caved yet again.

carver9
You all are getting off the subject. Hulk stomps.

Mindset
You all are getting off the subject. Hulk stomps.

http://images.allmoviephoto.com/2005_Coach_Carter/2005_coach_carter_003.jpg

Zack Fair
Hulk.

ozz81
Plus yeah as the chiturai--> however its spelt lol.. when they were shooting at the hulk in the avengers he kinda paused, if the DA (assuming its blast is stronger than the chitaris etc ) directed a beam at hulk it could probably pause hulk for a while and may do some damage,more than the chitarai..etc.

janus77
Hulk crushes Destroyer.

Mindship
Movie Destroyer was disappointing. However, not sure how Hulk would beat it. Manhandle it (Loki-style), yes. Score way more points, yes. But unless he can knock it out of commission, this ends with Hulk winning via bfr.

janus77
I think crushing it should suffice, it wasn't exactly tested by anything all that powerful physically and yet it was shown to take damage.

DARTH POWER

Actually a Lightning Amped Mjolnir strike seemed to do less to the Destroyer than a Non-Lightning amped Mjolnir strike did to the Hulk.

Also I don't see how Hulk's going to deflect Destroyer's beam back at him. Hulk never showed any such ability.

Greysen93
Hulk for sure

Dream Stuff
Hulk.

I get what Jake is saying, but Hulk's strength well exceeds anything that the Destroyer tanked on screen. To assume that it's invincible except to its own beam because nothing else hurt it is certainly a no-limits fallacy. It was neither explained that way explicitly nor tested like Hulk will test it. It was just a strategy which worked for Thor like ripping it half and burying the pieces will work for Hulk.

As for Destroyer's beam, aside from it's implied power, it didn't really do anything to suggest Hulk couldn't force-feed it to Destroyer with his bare hands.

Estacado
Destroyer could just spam him with visor beam but we dont know how powerful the beam is since it did nothing impressive.....so Hulk might win.

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.