Which character would you like to see in a gritty realistic HBO series ?

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.

godking
Which character would you like to see in a gritty realistic HBO drama series ?

1 Punisher (the MAX version)

2 Batman

3 Daredevil

4 Kingpin (MAX vesrion)

5 Deadshot

6 Nick Fury (the Max Version)

The ground rule is than non of the principal characters has any superpowers with the exception of daredevil he has his standard ''super'' powers in that he is blind but his other senses are enhanced. Other then that no ''hero'' or villain uses superpowers in the series.

My personal first choice would be The MAX version of punisher. With the right actors and writers you could easily make a drame series equal or better then Oz or the Wire.

My second choice would be the MAX version of the Kingpin you could start the series of detailing his rise from legbreaker to Kingpin. With the right writing it could be another Soprano's.

janus77
I'd choose Doom.

You could have quite a lot of drama, political intrigue at the court of Doom and of course his ambition and hatred and ambivalent stance towards humanity (and superhumanity).

Every once in a while, you could have him humbling celestial deities just to remind everyone what it is about Victor Von Doom that makes him such a force.

The gritty stuff would be the portrait of actual life in Latveria, the fear and oppression, the genuine patriarchal care and support, the strength and order and the simmering ambitions of lesser men as they plot and scheme for an opening that never comes...

DarkSaint85
Preacher.

Hulkbuster1
The Joker csi or Hitman happy

Greysen93
Daredevil out of what you have

DarkSaint85
Out of the choices, Kingpin. Give him his family, make him more sympathetic with Vanessa, and you'd have ratings gold.

Endless Mike
Deadpool

Lord Feron
Lobo!

Greysen93
Originally posted by Lord Feron
Lobo! That would be awesome

Flyattractor
Originally posted by Lord Feron
Lobo!
Damn Straight on That Skippy!

Happy Dance

DarkSaint85
Eurgh, Lobo would actually be the worst, I feel.

His appeal is that the levels of gore shown in his books are cartoonish and OTT.

Making the gore 'realistic' would just turn my stomach. You might as well just air a documentary on surgical practices in rural China.

Greysen93
Originally posted by DarkSaint85

His appeal is that the levels of gore shown in his books are cartoonish and OTT.

Making the gore 'realistic' would just turn my stomach. You might as well just air a documentary on surgical practices in rural China. Well true, but if they could do it right it would be awesome

Greysen93
Or Jubilee

godking
Out of the choices, Kingpin. Give him his family, make him more sympathetic with Vanessa, and you'd have ratings gold. Aye it could easily be another Soprano's.

JakeTheBank
Originally posted by janus77
I'd choose Doom.

You could have quite a lot of drama, political intrigue at the court of Doom and of course his ambition and hatred and ambivalent stance towards humanity (and superhumanity).

Every once in a while, you could have him humbling celestial deities just to remind everyone what it is about Victor Von Doom that makes him such a force.

The gritty stuff would be the portrait of actual life in Latveria, the fear and oppression, the genuine patriarchal care and support, the strength and order and the simmering ambitions of lesser men as they plot and scheme for an opening that never comes...

This is one of your better posts. mmm

AlmightyKfish
Gotham City Central would probably work well as a TV show.

Flyattractor

Making the gore 'realistic' would just turn my stomach. You might as well just air a documentary on surgical practices in rural China.
What about an animated series like they did with Spawn?

godking
bump

dmills
Kingpin

Non listed choice, a Martha Washington series would be dope imo.

srankmissingnin
Constantine.

DarkSaint85
Originally posted by Flyattractor

What about an animated series like they did with Spawn?

Would still have the same issues - realistic gore and guts in your face 24/7.

Mindset
Originally posted by JakeTheBank
This is one of your better posts. mmm His best post.

godking
Another character that would be interesting enough for a drama series that i did not list is taskmaster.

Endless Mike
Originally posted by srankmissingnin
Constantine.

As long as he isn't played by Keanu Reeves

dmills
Sin City, The goon, Crossed,

"Id"
Constantine.

This

DarkSaint85
Cable. But set in the future, freedom fighter Cable....

AlmightyKfish
Constantine.

Seconded, a well done Hellblazer series based off the comics could be pretty awesome, especially as you don't really need expensive effects and stuff for John's style of magic and general lifestyle.

I'd also say Preacher could be pretty well done as a TV show

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.