Team Odin vs Uatu

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.

keiththegreat
Odin
Thor
Thor girl (not Tarene)
Heimdall
Beta Ray Bill
Sif
Thunderstrike

Vs

Uatu

No BFR

JakeTheBank
Team. no expression

PillarofOsiris
I'm not really sure how relevant anyone besides Odin is here. Thor and to a lesser extent BRB might help, but the rest are entirely useless.

Endless Mike
Depends if Uatu is jobbing like he did to Rulk

keiththegreat
Originally posted by Endless Mike
Depends if Uatu is jobbing like he did to Rulk

If he's not jobbing, do you think the team has a chance to take him down?

MF DELPH
How large is the power gap between Odin and Uatu? I know Watchers are supposed to be as powerful as Cellestials, more or less, but it's not really that cut and dry.

PillarofOsiris
Originally posted by MF DELPH
How large is the power gap between Odin and Uatu? I know Watchers are supposed to be as powerful as Cellestials, more or less, but it's not really that cut and dry.

The more I see, the more convinced I am that the power gap between Celestials and Watchers is quite large. But IF THEY WERE EQUAL, this fight would be no contest, as a Celestial could destroy Odin without much effort at all.

leonidas
i see odin and uatu as relative equals and have never been given reason to believe otherwise.

team takes it based on feats. odin takes uatu based on feats as well, unless someone wants to post something from uatu i haven't seen.

and i find the idea that watchers are supposed to be equal to celestials.....dubious at best. one can make inferences based upon one's enemies, but those inferences can only be carried so far....

BruceSkywalker
this is overkill x 1 trillion billion.. lol

team ftw

PillarofOsiris
Originally posted by leonidas
i see odin and uatu as relative equals and have never been given reason to believe otherwise.

team takes it based on feats. odin takes uatu based on feats as well, unless someone wants to post something from uatu i haven't seen.

and i find the idea that watchers are supposed to be equal to celestials.....dubious at best. one can make inferences based upon one's enemies, but those inferences can only be carried so far....

It's hard to point out feats from a being who is supposed to do nothing but "Watch". But I see your point. Even still, based on the ones I have seen, and his implied power, IMO, Uatu is on a whole different level of power than Odin. I don't think Odin would stand a chance. And on the level of power of the two heavy hitters here (Uatu and Odin), this "team" adds nothing. It might as well be one on one.

leonidas
Originally posted by PillarofOsiris
It's hard to point out feats from a being who is supposed to do nothing but "Watch". But I see your point. Even still, based on the ones I have seen, and his implied power, IMO, Uatu is on a whole different level of power than Odin. I don't think Odin would stand a chance. And on the level of power of the two heavy hitters here (Uatu and Odin), this "team" adds nothing. It might as well be one on one.

implied power can be tricky. you could be right though, i've simply never seen any feat from a watcher that i found terribly impressive. they didn't have such a great showing in quasar. we know from a past encounter they are below galactus, but so is odin. how much below each is is open to interpretation. i'm of the opinion they are relatively close in power. uatu once seemed to defer to odin in asgard iirc as well. this debate has gone on for years and will likely never be settled until there is some sort of direct or indirect (thor vs uatu) scene drawn out.

guy222
my opinion is odin is an ant to uatu

twice uatu hasn't even noticed odin

take the scenes with them as any perceives stick out tongue

this fight comes down to odin and uatu and for me uatu wins

guy222
Originally posted by MF DELPH

watchers aren't on the lvl of the celestials just mo

DTM
I never took Watchers to be all that high in the Cosmic Powers list, and hold them around the level of high end Skyfathers like Odin (maybe a little bit stronger). So Ill go Team here, as Thor and BRB will be enough to even those odds, and unlike Uatu, everyone on Team Asgard is a born and bred fighter and warrior.

TheTyrant
Odin solos with ease.

Rage.Of.Olympus
Team.

Odin splits Uatu's head like a melon with Mjolnir.

janus77
Uatu dismisses them. Even though not comparable to Celestials, he is in that general category.

Mshinu
Uatu headbutts Odin and steps on the rest.

Kid Kurdy
IF Watchers are more powerful than Odin, it won't be by much.

Team wins.

TheMask
To bad the watcher doesnt have many fight feats.

Nihilist
Odin solos

zopzop
People have to remember, Quasar..............QUASAR gave a Watcher a good fight. Dr. Doom has jacked up a Watcher and stolen his powers (the same Doom that got WTFPWNED by Thor). Also that Watcher/Doom strained himself to bust IW forcefields and the backlash from her forcefield breaking knocked them both on their asses.

Now let's think about this for a second, would Odin even NOTICE Quasar? No. Would Odin even strain himself busting IW's forcefields? HELL NO.

Odin literally solos the entire field.

abhilegend
Lunatik killed a watcher too IIRC.

Nihilist
Originally posted by abhilegend
Lunatik killed a watcher too IIRC. He ko'd him i think

Sr J-Bieb
Lunatik punched a Watcher in the nuts. That's all.

Doom dropped Uatu with the Cosmic Cube as well... which is well above Odin's level.

Celestials strained against Sue's shields. Her shields are powerful when they need to be.

Not saying Odin couldn't beat one, but some of those reasons...

abhilegend
Originally posted by Nihilist
He ko'd him i think
Yeah, I wasn't completely sure.

Sr J-Bieb
http://i118.photobucket.com/albums/o106/bigbran1/comic/MCP175p14.jpg

zopzop
Originally posted by Sr J-Bieb
Celestials strained against Sue's shields. Her shields are powerful when they need to be.

Not saying Odin couldn't beat one, but some of those reasons...

Sue's FFs are hyperspace constructs that have killed a Celestial before. It's a weakness exploit. That won't save her vs Odin and that doesn't excuse Watcher/Doom from straining to break her FFs (since Watchers have no hyperspace weakness).

Sr J-Bieb
Originally posted by zopzop
Sue's FFs are hyperspace constructs that have killed a Celestial before. It's a weakness exploit. That won't save her vs Odin and that doesn't excuse Watcher/Doom from straining to break her FFs (since Watchers have no hyperspace weakness). Didn't you use that as a low feat before for the Celestials?

Ignoring the Celestials like you choose to do, the Watchers feat is Sue's highest feat when her shields have been broken easily by Glads, WWH, and Clor pushed her to her limits. You can choose to make it her average and make the Watcher's look bad like you're doing, but it's far and away one of her best feats. Does that make the Watcher's look bad? It shouldn't.

Hell, Aron dismantled MM before his organic abilities kicked in, and Uatu and Aron had a reality altering battle iirc where before hand Aron was able to summon high heralds like cannon fodder and make them do his bidding.

He might not win, actually, he won't win, but the reason's here are tripe.

guy222
uatu shiny bald head>old skyfather

http://i.minus.com/ilha94TxjBqrq.gif

zopzop
Didn't you use that as a low feat before for the Celestials?

Ignoring the Celestials like you choose to do, the Watchers feat is Sue's highest feat when her shields have been broken easily by Glads, WWH, and Clor pushed her to her limits. You can choose to make it her average and make the Watcher's look bad like you're doing, but it's far and away one of her best feats. Does that make the Watcher's look bad? It shouldn't.

Hell, Aron dismantled MM before his organic abilities kicked in, and Uatu and Aron had a reality altering battle iirc where before hand Aron was able to summon high heralds like cannon fodder and make them do his bidding.

He might not win, actually, he won't win, but the reason's here are tripe.

Even ignoring that, there's the Quasar/Watcher throwdown that had Quasar put a Watcher on his knees. So it's not like the IW incident is an isolated one.

You honestly think Odin wouldn't blink and wipe Quasar from existence, assuming he acknowledged him at all? You think Odin would strain to bust IW's FF? You think Rulk would punch out Odin? You think Lunatik would kick him in the nuts and cause him pain? No, right? Ok then.

JayDaDon
^the most classic video is this guy(in the gif) ranting about how lebron should have a ring by now. Had to watch that one twice it was so good.

JayDaDon
Originally posted by guy222
uatu shiny bald head>old skyfather

^the most classic video is this guy(in the gif) ranting about how lebron should have a ring by now. Had to watch that one twice it was so good.

guy222
stephen a ***** is the best

Sr J-Bieb
Originally posted by zopzop
Even ignoring that, there's the Quasar/Watcher throwdown that had Quasar put a Watcher on his knees. So it's not like the IW incident is an isolated one.

You honestly think Odin wouldn't blink and wipe Quasar from existence, assuming he acknowledged him at all? You think Odin would strain to bust IW's FF? You think Rulk would punch out Odin? You think Lunatik would kick him in the nuts and cause him pain? No, right? Ok then. I never stated the Quasar incident wasn't a black eye on the rep of them, but the other two weren't exactly bad.
Mind you, the Quasar one seems like extreme PIS to when a Watcher actually tried in comics, but I digress.

I think Uatu would blink and wipe Quasar from existence.

If IW needed to block Odin's blast or he'd kill whoever she's protecting... and it's written in a comic? Sure, why not.
Her having an impressive feat doesn't make it the average. Uatu would disintegrate her shield on average just like Odin would. It's when comic PIS comes into play that she's able to block this shit.

Rulk already siphoned the Odin Force from Thor... If Rulk went against Odin under Loeb... oh boy.

I would hope Odin would get hurt from being punched in the nuts...

I'm not saying Uatu would win, that's your reading comprehension problem there, and your ability to lowball. I'm saying that two previous reasons were bullshit.

I also like how most of these low feats aren't even from Uatu. Actually, every single one of them minus the Rulk scene.

zopzop
I never stated the Quasar incident wasn't a black eye on the rep of them, but the other two weren't exactly bad.
Mind you, the Quasar one seems like extreme PIS to when a Watcher actually tried in comics, but I digress.

I think Uatu would blink and wipe Quasar from existence.

If IW needed to block Odin's blast or he'd kill whoever she's protecting... and it's written in a comic? Sure, why not.
Her having an impressive feat doesn't make it the average. Uatu would disintegrate her shield on average just like Odin would. It's when comic PIS comes into play that she's able to block this shit.

Rulk already siphoned the Odin Force from Thor... If Rulk went against Odin under Loeb... oh boy.

I would hope Odin would get hurt from being punched in the nuts...

I'm not saying Uatu would win, that's your reading comprehension problem there, and your ability to lowball. I'm saying that two previous reasons were bullshit.

I also like how most of these low feats aren't even from Uatu. Actually, every single one of them minus the Rulk scene.

Except the examples aren't bullsh|t. Quasar, Lunatik, Rulk, IW are less than insects to Odin. Regarding Rulk and OF Thor, OF Thor is no Odin. We saw proof of that when he beat Thor yet he couldn't overcome Mjolnir's enchantments (which were placed there by Odin). Odin would crush even Loebforce Rulk, unlike Uatu.

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.