Ben Grimm vs Aquaman

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.

carver9
This fight takes place on land. No TP for Aquaman.

Who wins.?

Badabing
AM's trident gouged up DS. I hate to see what it would do to poor Ben

Blight
AM

Tony Stark
Originally posted by Badabing

A. T.O. didn't state that AM had his trident, it's not like Bats utility belt at all times with him.

B. Ben's been hit by more powerful weapons than AM's trident so it's definitely not a game changer.

Ben ftw

-Pr-
Originally posted by Tony Stark
A. T.O. didn't state that AM had his trident, it's not like Bats utility belt at all times with him.

B. Ben's been hit by more powerful weapons than AM's trident so it's definitely not a game changer.

Ben ftw

The trident is standard equipment for Aquaman.

--

Physically though, Ben is stronger and probably more durable than Arthur, so in a physical punch up, he'd take the win I'd say.

Badabing

Ben ftw It's standard equipment. AM has had the trident in every comic since the DCnU started. Does the thread starter have to specify that Cap has his shield?

If it's not a game changer why are you bringing it up? Burn!

zopzop

He's also been cut up by less, remember what Wolverine did to "teh Ben"? The Trident would tear him up.

AM got this. The only chance Thing has is if you cripple AM (no Trident, no TP, not near any body of water, etc...).

Bouboumaster
Ben absolutly crush Aquaman.

Tony Stark
Originally posted by zopzop
He's also been cut up by less, remember what Wolverine did to "teh Ben"? The Trident would tear him up.

AM got this. The only chance Thing has is if you cripple AM (no Trident, no TP, not near any body of water, etc...).

So you're saying that the trident has more cutting, slashing and stabbing capibilities than Wolverine's claws? I think that your in the minority and that and on who's going to win.

KingD19
So you're saying that the trident has more cutting, slashing and stabbing capibilities than Wolverine's claws? I think that your in the minority and that and on who's going to win.

I think he was saying that since it messed up Darkseid of all people, and a person as strong as Arthur is wielding it, it can do some serious damage. Like imagine how powerful Logan's claws would be if they were attached to say Colossus or Hulk.

carver9
Darkseid was stabbed in the eyes by it. That's different than stabbing someone in let's say, the chest.

-Pr-
Originally posted by Bouboumaster
Ben absolutly crush Aquaman.

How carver of you.

Originally posted by carver9
Darkseid was stabbed in the eyes by it. That's different than stabbing someone in let's say, the chest.

if you'd read the comic, you'd know that aquaman stabbed him in the chest too. or even, you know, looked at my sig...

KingD19
Well whaddya know. There it is.

Damborgson
Originally posted by -Pr-

if you'd read the comic, you'd know that aquaman stabbed him in the chest too. or even, you know, looked at my sig...

laughing

psycho gundam
A. T.O. didn't state that AM had his trident, it's not like Bats utility belt at all times with him. http://i1099.photobucket.com/albums/g386/psychogundam1/gifs/293ty7d.gif

Badabing
Darkseid was stabbed in the eyes by it. That's different than stabbing someone in let's say, the chest. Originally posted by -Pr-
if you'd read the comic, you'd know that aquaman stabbed him in the chest too. or even, you know, looked at my sig... Carver, you just got owned...BIG TIME! laughing out loud

carver9
How carver of you.

You changed your Sig to make it look like that happened. Good job Pr.

-Pr-

So you didn't read the comic. Good to know.

You going to accuse me of changing this too, carter?

http://s4d2.turboimagehost.com/t/11887497_Justice_League_6_0004_copy.jpg

Diesldude
I have to go with Ben Grimm. It's not like AM is going to one shot him with the trident.

StiltmanFTW
facepalm x infinity @carver

Badabing
You changed your Sig to make it look like that happened. Good job Pr. Seriously, stop. It's embarrassing.

carver9
Seriously, stop. It's embarrassing.

Lol...I was just messing with Pr...I didn't know he was going to post it. I have the entire fight saved (since it was awesome).

-Pr-
Lol...I was just messing with Pr...I didn't know he was going to post it. I have the entire fight saved (since it was awesome).

Sure you do.

Mindset
el oh el

Sin I AM
Pre reboot?

-Pr-
Originally posted by Sin I AM
Pre reboot?

Don't think it matters, tbh.

Sin I AM
Don't think it matters, tbh.

Hnmm debatable. Classic seems more physically imposing

-Pr-
Originally posted by Sin I AM
Hnmm debatable. Classic seems more physically imposing

It IS debatable, but I disagree. Johns has made him plenty strong and durable, and for me he's written him as being pretty much the same guy from Brightest Day.

JakeTheBank
It IS debatable, but I disagree. Johns has made him plenty strong and durable, and for me he's written him as being pretty much the same guy from Brightest Day.

thumb up

Aquaman wins this.

Badabing
Lol...I was just trying to save face since I got pwned...I didn't know the entire fight (since it was from DC). Glad you can admit that you were wrong. thumb up

DarkSaint85

THIS is a stomp.....

carver9
I don't get stomped.

-Pr-
I don't get stomped.

Except for all those times when you did, sure.

carver9
Except for all those times when you did, sure.

Lol...Pr, you didn't stomp me with that post...it was just a misunderstanding.

-Pr-
Lol...Pr, you didn't stomp me with that post...it was just a misunderstanding.

I'm pretty sure you stomped yourself with that one, Carv.

Existere
There's an argument to be made for Aquaman in a straight physical brawl. He's both less durable and less strong then Ben by a fair margin in each category, but he's also faster, more maneuverable and at least as good of a fighter. I'd take Ben, but I'd also like to read the comic and hope they both looked good to be fair to both characters.

Anyways, that all contributes to why Aquaman definitely takes this with the trident.

DarkSaint85
I don't get stomped.

Sure, Stomp Carter of Mars.

-Pr-
Originally posted by DarkSaint85
Sure, Stomp Carter of Mars.

hysterical

I'm keeping (and using) that one.

Placidity
I'm just posting so I am a part of this epic ownage.

leonidas
straight h2h i'd take ben for sure though am might take 1-2. with the trident, i'd certainly raise the odds for am, but it's not an insta-win imo at all. i'd say a split or slight majority for am. his speed would be the issue with the trident. what kind of land speed feats DOES arthur have? pr?

-Pr-
Originally posted by leonidas
straight h2h i'd take ben for sure though am might take 1-2. with the trident, i'd certainly raise the odds for am, but it's not an insta-win imo at all. i'd say a split or slight majority for am. his speed would be the issue with the trident. what kind of land speed feats DOES arthur have? pr?

travelling or reflex?

8swords
the thread say "on land".. but in what "land", cause if i remember correctly ben is a great street fighter. if say they fight in NY, ben will have the upper hand, but in an open field/ closed arena. Aquaman easily... laughing

DarkSaint85
Originally posted by 8swords
the thread say "on land".. but in what "land", cause if i remember correctly ben is a great street fighter. if say they fight in NY, ben will have the upper hand, but in an open field/ closed arena. Aquaman easily... laughing

Why do you say AM wins easily in an open field AND a closed arena?

Surely a city would be in between these two extremes....and I don't think Ben's powers are like Hawksmoor's....

Greysen93
Probably Ben

Cogito

That's some pretty good fanart thumb up

You should pitch some panels like that to the folks at DC. smile

Badabing
I don't get stomped. You got stomped.

You got self stomped.

Pr stomped you.

Anything else is lies!

abhilegend
You got stomped.

You got self stomped.

Pr stomped you.

Anything else is lies!
Then its a lie that raptors existed.
ahuh

Lord Feron

I find it interesting that the lasso had no affect on DS, as far as controlling him and what not.

Badabing
Originally posted by abhilegend
Then its a lie that raptors existed.
ahuh You blasphemous wretch! sneer

DarkSaint85
Did she command him to do anything? I got distracted by the shiny.

carver9
Originally posted by Cogito

smile

At Pr.

Badabing
Originally posted by Cogito

You should pitch some panels like that to the folks at DC. smile Originally posted by carver9
At Pr. Both warned for trolling a mod.

leonidas
travelling or reflex?

well, h2h i guess. do you think he could blitz ben on land? i'd say....maybe. erm

Batman-Prime
AM wins, take away his trident and Bens got the better cards though AM has still TP.

abhilegend
You blasphemous wretch! sneer
Your words man, not mine.

Badabing
Originally posted by abhilegend
Your words man, not mine. Warned for denying a mods existence.

carver9
Lol

Badabing
Lol Wanred for laughing at my previous warning!

I hope everyone knows these aren't real warnings. sneer

KingD19
They're not!?!?

-Pr-
Originally posted by leonidas
well, h2h i guess. do you think he could blitz ben on land? i'd say....maybe. erm

Well Arthur is fast enough to bullet dodge, and supposedly, iirc, he was mentioned as being as fast as Deathstroke, though it's been a while since I read it.

I'd say he's faster than Ben to be sure.

Badabing
Originally posted by KingD19
They're not!?!? No. dur

KingD19
Bada... You've been lying to me.

sad

I'm hurt.

abhilegend
Warned for denying a mods existence.
Reported to pr for warning me.
sneer

DarkSaint85
Wanred for laughing at my previous warning!

I hope everyone knows these aren't real warnings. sneer

Reported for spamming. Happy Dance

janus77
Is Aquaman really this poor?

-Pr-
Originally posted by janus77
Is Aquaman really this poor?

Poor? What, financially?

juggerman
In Pokemon water type beats rock type so im going with AM on this one friends

Bentley
Ben taps into the power of Heart and wins this.

DarkSaint85
Originally posted by Bentley

Its Super Effective!

-Pr-

Aquaman's bastardry > Ben's heart.

deathlife
In a straight up fist fight, i have to go with Ben.

Ben might not be too fast but he's quite durable (didn't he tank some Celestials blast recently). Although, AM's trident will tear him up.

Without TP,i haven't actually seen AM take down a class 85 (is Ben still class 85 or more?) brick like Ben.

CosmicComet

The Heart force is only usable for making yourself look good while getting annihilated.

StiltmanFTW
Originally posted by CosmicComet
The Heart force is only usable for making yourself look good while getting annihilated.

laughing out loud

carver9
Originally posted by deathlife
In a straight up fist fight, i have to go with Ben.

Ben might not be too fast but he's quite durable (didn't he tank some Celestials blast recently). Although, AM's trident will tear him up.

Without TP,i haven't actually seen AM take down a class 85 (is Ben still class 85 or more?) brick like Ben.

Naah, Ben is lower class 100.

-Pr-
Originally posted by Jynocidus
spite against Ben grim

i mean CMON

this is a DC CHARACTER we're talking about

you know how we're supposed to be around here when it comes to foundational consideration

"foundational consideration" ? confused

-Pr-
Originally posted by Jynocidus
yeah. you know...the root of the argument, when it gets down to the nitty gritty.

anything that gives people a headache, we have to assume the DC route.

otherwise it's trolling

Don't be silly.

h1a8
Ben beats AM (without the trident of course) but it's a good fight.

Nietzschean
Originally posted by zopzop

AM got this. The only chance Thing has is if you cripple AM (no Trident, no TP, not near any body of water, etc...). wth? O_O

The Trident has like almost no history and you are saying it is superior to Wolverine's claws in slashing and piercing?

-Pr-
Originally posted by Nietzschean
wth? O_O

The Trident has like almost no history and you are saying it is superior to Wolverine's claws in slashing and piercing?

the trident has a few feats to it's name, actually.

UK2000AD
What is Aquaman's trident made out of? plus hasn't the trident pieced an Imperiex drone before?

DarkSaint85
Is his current trident the Trident of Poseidon??

-Pr-
Is his current trident the Trident of Poseidon??

Don't know yet.

DarkSaint85
Yeah, I just assumed it was a normal trident. What feats does this one have?

Well, apart from CARVing up Darkseid.

hunbu04
You can't think ben is more durable than Darkseid. The trident has injure darksied

StiltmanFTW
DCnU Darkseid.

Badabing

Well, apart from CARVing up Darkseid. http://i82.photobucket.com/albums/j241/Badabing_2006/kmcprofile/I-See-What-You-Did-There.jpg

-Pr-

Well, apart from CARVing up Darkseid.

He's used it in most of his fights, but it hasn't had much chance to do anything else. Bar being used to make that lava vent go boom.

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.