World Breaker Hulk vs Nimrod...

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.

TheLordofMurder
World Breaker Hulk vs Nimrod...

Battle until one of them is totally destroyed/killed...no BFR...who wins?

rotiart
Nimrod and it wouldn't be a fight. Nimrod would literally find a way to depower hulk or make a weakness from gas or sonics or something. The feeaking nimrod stuff up against juggernaught,. I mean.. Come on!

janus77
WWH doesn't have any such weaknesses, so dunno what Nimrod is doing (other than dying).

KingD19
Figure out what his weakness is. Nimrod's whole thing was discerning weaknesses and exploiting them. He couldn't hurt Cain physically so he knocked his helmet off and used sonics to disrupt the signals from his brain to his body.

He'll find out what Hulk's weakness is and exploit that too. And Hulk couldn't really damage him beyond what he can repair anyway.

janus77
Originally posted by KingD19
Figure out what his weakness is. Nimrod's whole thing was discerning weaknesses and exploiting them. He couldn't hurt Cain physically so he knocked his helmet off and used sonics to disrupt the signals from his brain to his body.

He'll find out what Hulk's weakness is and exploit that too. And Hulk couldn't really damage him beyond what he can repair anyway.
Why should Nimrod be able to "figure out his weakness" when Reed, Stark, Strange, Xavier et al couldn't find one?

And more pertinently, when someone with an adaptation power (Darwin) couldn't adapt to Hulk and had to self-bfr.

I don't think reactive powers are any more open than regular powers... unless you think that his capacity to discern weakness is infinite...

TheLordofMurder
Originally posted by janus77
Why should Nimrod be able to "figure out his weakness" when Reed, Stark, Strange, Xavier et al couldn't find one?

And more pertinently, when someone with an adaptation power (Darwin) couldn't adapt to Hulk and had to self-bfr.

I don't think reactive powers are any more open than regular powers... unless you think that his capacity to discern weakness is infinite...

To play devils advocate...

The whole premise of Nimrods powerset is its ability to scan his target for weaknesses and come up with a lethal solution for dealing with said foe...

And while there is surely a limit to its power, Nimrod did overcome the direct enchantment of an Elder God...so the ceiling of his power is quite high as a result.

TheMask
They should have got Nimrod to fight in WWH big grin

If this guy has the power cosmic he'd probably be immune to almost anything and everything. So WBH would probably win.

janus77
Originally posted by TheLordofMurder
To play devils advocate...

The whole premise of Nimrods powerset is its ability to scan his target for weaknesses and come up with a lethal solution for dealing with said foe...

And while there is surely a limit to its power, Nimrod did overcome the direct enchantment of an Elder God...so the ceiling of his power is quite high as a result.
That is a reasonable argument to make, I guess. Though I would say that Juggernaut's enchantment has been overcome before, both by War Hulk and WWH (he stopped Juggernaut and basically redirected him into the ground), as well as by Thor and a random Captain Universe.

And so, if the placing of Nimrod hinges just on a feat against Juggernaut alone, then it's not in and of itself good enough to swing things his way.

Further, to make the same argument for Hulk, his power-set is pretty much to be stronger than his opponent and overpower whatever obstacle is placed in his way, be it physical or mystical or even a cosmological constant (the Time Stream for example). And he has managed to use that power to physically contain nexus energies (from two universes) without injury, to provide a doorway between universes, to withstand the collapse and reformation of a dimension... these feats are pretty high and would place the bar for harming Hulk (especially in a lethal manner) very high up indeed.

Reacting2
Why should Nimrod be able to "figure out his weakness" when Reed, Stark, Strange, Xavier et al couldn't find one?... isnt absorbing his powersource a weakness?

janus77
Originally posted by Reacting2
isnt absorbing his powersource a weakness?
no, can't absorb his power source, can absorb power from him but that 'weakness' goes away when he gets angry/stronger.

As demonstrated with Rulk draining Savage Hulk but failing to drain WWH.

guy222
worldbreaker

h1a8
Nimrod is getting wrecked pretty quickly.

PillarofOsiris
Nimrod > Tony's satellites

janus77
Power-Cosmic + Tony's Satellites >>> Nimrod smile.

TheLordofMurder
Originally posted by h1a8
Nimrod is getting wrecked pretty quickly.

Devils Advocate mode again...

Nimrod can reconstruct from powder; how does WBH keep Nimrod down?

Keep in mind that not only will Nimrod reconstruct, but it will reconstruct with an adaptation against the attack that put it down initially...

TheLordofMurder
To anyone who voted for WBH, with the above in mind, how does WBH put Nimrod down for good?

Remember, this is a battle until one side is completely destroyed/killed and there is no BFR...

Horrificus
There is no way for WBH to win and the whole point to the character of Nimrod, is that it is made, specifically to find any and all ways to defeat it's opponent.

Plus, if Nimrod was actually coming from the year 2013, wouldn't he possibly have full strategic knowledge of WBH?

Stoic
^ How would it have any such knowledge if it wasn't actually in the Dark Dimension when the Hulk went all post apocalyptic? If I'm not mistaken one fall equals a loss or a win depending on which side of the fence the opponents are standing on. WB Hulk turns Nimrod into scrap, game over.

iceman24567
Nimrod

TheLordofMurder
Originally posted by Stoic
^ How would it have any such knowledge if it wasn't actually in the Dark Dimension when the Hulk went all post apocalyptic? If I'm not mistaken one fall equals a loss or a win depending on which side of the fence the opponents are standing on. WB Hulk turns Nimrod into scrap, game over.

Nimrod can reconstruct from powder; being beaten into "scrap" isnt going to stop it for long, and once again, Nimrod will reconstruct with an adaptation against brute force...

What can WBH do at that point that will permanently destroy Nimrod?

TheLordofMurder
That is a reasonable argument to make, I guess. Though I would say that Juggernaut's enchantment has been overcome before, both by War Hulk and WWH (he stopped Juggernaut and basically redirected him into the ground), as well as by Thor and a random Captain Universe.

While its true that these others have overcome Juggs enchantment of unstoppability, Nimrod has still outperformed them...

Unlike Thor and WWH, Nimrod not only stopped Juggs, but was actually killing him until the X-men showed up and interferred...

carver9
Hulk wins. It takes time for Nimrod to reconstruct which is a win on the forum. WBH could rip Nimrod in half and throw each piece on different sides of the Arena which again constitutes as a forum win since it will take time to build itself back. WBH 10/10.

TheLordofMurder
Originally posted by carver9
Hulk wins. It takes time for Nimrod to reconstruct which is a win on the forum. WBH could rip Nimrod in half and throw each piece on different sides of the Arena which again constitutes as a forum win since it will take time to build itself back. WBH 10/10.

Did the read the conditions of the OP?

Battle until one of them is completely destroyed or killed....

Horrificus
Nimrod cures Hulk. Then kills Banner.

Stoic
While its true that these others have overcome Juggs enchantment of unstoppability, Nimrod has still outperformed them...

Unlike Thor and WWH, Nimrod not only stopped Juggs, but was actually killing him until the X-men showed up and interferred...

Onslaught beat Cain as well, but it didn't stop the Hulk from destroying his physical shell, and according to what was written WB Hulk was far more powerful than the Hulk that did that to Onslaught.

lft4ded
Admittedly Onslaught also had psychic might on his side and a telepath as weak as Psylocke has been able to bypass Jugg's helmet. Onslaught is the ultimate telepath and with Cain's power being fueled by his desires along with the X-Men finding him mentally cowering within his own head its possible Onslaught found a way around overpowering Cain.

BattleMage
WBH

Blight
How am I the ONLY one who marked Stalemate?

quanchi112
Hulk stomps.

Hyperion Prime
Nimrod commits Murder Death Kill on the Hulk.

Nimrod wins 8/10

janus77

WWH was clearly only there for Xavier and had a clock to keep to (he was rounding up the members of The Illuminati), so what he did was reflective of someone not really trying very hard (the evidence of this fact shouldn't really be required - Sentry, ZomStrange, planetary destruction...).

The only encounter we have of a Hulk with murderous intent, was WarHulk who was simply a Hulk that didn't amp but had Celestial Tech helping him regulate the energies he was tapping into (nexus energies, twice his usual supply). That Hulk was indeed about to kill Juggernaut, but for a distraction.

So basically, even taking a single feat as the basis for comparison, the argument cannot really be made in Nimrod's favour. Hulk, unlike Nimrod, is no villain and definitely no killer, yet the only time he was mentally willing to kill (WarHulk) he most likely would have killed Juggernaut.

Now moving on from this, to the question of what kind of offence Nimrod is capable of that a high-end (GreenScar/WWH) Hulk wouldn't shrug off. I don't think I've read any good ideas for that put forward yet.

And if (once?) they are, there is the fact that this thread is about WBH, a level of power that is many thousands if not millions of times greater than that which he demonstrates as GreenScar/WWH.

Also, if we're going to take into consideration the ability to reform, well, Hulk at much weaker levels (Maestro) has reformed from atoms. And this Hulk has completely obliterated heralds with the mere backwash of a punch he threw thousands of miles away.

There's nothing that would save Nimrod from being absolutely molecularly disintegrated by a simple ThunderClap from this Hulk and there's nothing suggestive of Nimrod having the capacity to effectively mount an offence against this Hulk.

lft4ded
Lol, and there is the Shaw Factor working against Nimrod. He didn't want to physically contend with Sebastain Shaw because of his powerset.

Magnon
Nimrod wins.

Nimrod can easily teleport or fly to safety and then develop a weapon to depower/kill Hulk (maybe something similar to Reed's anti-gamma gun or Iron Man's satellite, or perhaps something totally different).

I would also like to point out that WWH never stopped the Juggernaut. WWH was being pushed back (although slowly) until he accepted that Juggs was unstoppable and stepped out of the way. War Hulk didn't stop Juggernaut either through physical strength, but by using the Celestial technology given by Apocalypse.

Sin I AM
Nimrod............the wankage of hulk seems to know no bounds

juggerman
Yeah this whole WWH stopping Juggernaut is pure crap. He was being pushed back and couldnt hurt Juggs at all so instead of continuing to be bullied he side stepped and pushed Jugger away. Crafty yes. Stopping momentum tho? Im going with negative

psycho gundam
Originally posted by Sin I AM
Nimrod............the wankage of hulk seems to know no bounds so wanking nimrod is the answer? lawl

hulk stomps

Sr J-Bieb
Did I miss something with Nimrod that gave him a massive boost in power or something?

abhilegend
Originally posted by Sr J-Bieb
Did I miss something with Nimrod that gave him a massive boost in power or something?
Yeah, no limit fallacy of battle boards.

Sr J-Bieb
Originally posted by abhilegend
Yeah, no limit fallacy of battle boards. Ah.

Hulk destroys him for infinity.

abhilegend
Originally posted by Sr J-Bieb
Ah.

Hulk destroys him for infinity.
Nimrod finds the weakness of infinity. He killed wolverine!
dur

Sin I AM
Originally posted by psycho gundam
so wanking nimrod is the answer? lawl

hulk stomps

yeah but come on pg...he overcame classic juggs, it wont be as easy as everyone is saying

ozz81
interesting post. Leaning towards Nimrod just..

carver9
Hulk destroys him.

BrolyBlack
Thunderclap all day every day

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.