Doomsday vs the X-men

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.

keiththegreat
DOS Doomsday

vs

Wolverine
Cyclops
Rogue
Emma Frost
Colossus (Classic)
Gambit
Storm
Magneto
Dust
Northstar
Aurora
Nightcrawler
Armor
Namor
Sunspot
Magma
Iceman
Magma

Can they put Doomsday down for the count?

No BFR

Fight in NYC, with all the buildings and citizens there.

DTM
Not sure what Doomsday this is here, but Id probably go with Doomsday even at DOS level to win here.

-Pr-
If this was the old days, someone would claim Storm would suffocate him, or something.

DTM
Might have worked, if Doomsday needed to breath. smile

carver9
Originally posted by -Pr-
Storm would suffocate him, or something.

This.

-Pr-
Originally posted by DTM
Might have worked, if Doomsday needed to breath. smile

Exactly.

Originally posted by carver9
This.

Shut up.

Badabing
This. Originally posted by -Pr-
Shut up.

golem370
What if Magneto hurls Wolverine at super speed while his claws are out would he be able to pierce DD's body?

Sin I AM
AOA Kurt?

iceman24567
Well X-men should win imo

TheMask
X-men die a horrible, horrible death. This guy just keeps coming and coming and then evolves to fit everthing they throw at him. Its a massacre. Dead bodies everywhere.

KingD19
Iceman could probably flash freeze him into a state of suspended animation. Then Mags could jettison him into space.

TheMask
I doubt freezing him would work. He'd probably just becoming immune to it or learn a way to heat himself up.

Sin I AM
If Bobby can freeze him Kurt could decap him

abhilegend
Originally posted by Sin I AM
If Bobby can freeze him Kurt could decap him
No.

TheMask
MAYBE, Just maybe if Bobby had the power of absolute zero he could beat Doomsday...........does he? If not he's not hurting DD. Like i said, its a massacre. Professor X commits suicide from seeing so much death. Its like the scene from Apocalypse Now.

Professor X: THE HORROR..........THE HORROR O_O

KingD19
He can create temps lower than absolute zero. And even if he became immune to it, he'd be in space by then.

abhilegend
Originally posted by KingD19
He can create temps lower than absolute zero. And even if he became immune to it, he'd be in space by then.
Lower than absolute zero?

Sin I AM
Originally posted by abhilegend
No.

Oh wow thank ye oh God of all things comic related for setting me straight I did not know DD was immune to decapitation. Your resounding "no" pretty much negates any argument I proposed

Stfu abhi

KingD19
Lower than absolute zero?

I'm tired. Hush. mad

abhilegend
Oh wow thank ye oh God of all things comic related for setting me straight I did not know DD was immune to decapitation. Your resounding "no" pretty much negates any argument I proposed

Stfu abhi
Or the thing that DD is just that durable. Who is the most durable guy nightcrawler last decapitated.

Go make some sandwiches.

I'm tired. Hush. mad

laughing out loud

KingD19
And I don't think Durability has anything to do with it. He's not trying to cut his head off, he's teleporting it off his body and into a different dimension. Physical toughness can't account for that.

TheMask
BFR is the only thing saving these guys other then that. The sight of all the x-men dead drives Professor X so insane he becomes the Marvel version of the Joker but with mind powers.

abhilegend
And I don't think Durability has anything to do with it. He's not trying to cut his head off, he's teleporting it off his body and into a different dimension. Physical toughness can't account for that.
Except it does.

Batman-Prime
Interesting fight. I think they could take him down, especially with Mags on the team.

KingD19
Except it does.

How is Doomsday's toughness against physical attacks going to help him when a piece of him is getting taken to another dimension? Nightcrawler in 616 ripped off Bastion's arm off through teleportation. It's not a physical attack. It's actually taking that single piece and moving it into another dimension. Doomsday would heal from it, but he's not immune to it.

Sin I AM
Except it does.

No it does not. Don't be daft. That's the reason the technique is not used due to its lethality. And even if he doesn't behead him he could just as easily remove a limb. This isn't Kurt with morals we r talking about here.

-Pr-
The only thing i worry about is the practicality of what is, iirc, a pretty inconsistent ability.

DarkSaint85
I'd give it to the X-men, not for the Nightcrawler, but due to Emma creating mass illusions, like the Black Mercy plant did to Mongul.

Estacado
BFR ftw.
Or Erik just amps his strenght and beats DD....shifty
As for that feat borrowing so many planets gravity IMO should have granted him enough strenght to 1 shot Tony.......

Sin I AM
Originally posted by DarkSaint85
I'd give it to the X-men, not for the Nightcrawler, but due to Emma creating mass illusions, like the Black Mercy plant did to Mongul.

How would that be effective?

janus77
Isn't DD supposed to be pretty fast? maybe not in FTL category but at least fast enough to wipe out Storm, Cyclops, Wolverine etc...

DD wins this, imo.

-Pr-
How would that be effective?

Doomsday is susceptible to illusions.

Originally posted by janus77
Isn't DD supposed to be pretty fast? maybe not in FTL category but at least fast enough to wipe out Storm, Cyclops, Wolverine etc...

DD wins this, imo.

Yep. Most of them are fodder.

Starscream M

Yep. Most of them are fodder. not wolverine...he ain't fodder

-Pr-
Originally posted by Starscream M
not wolverine...he ain't fodder

Against someone like Doomsday, without Magneto using him as a weapon, yeah, he is.

PillarofOsiris
Originally posted by keiththegreat

No BFR

Iceman could probably flash freeze him into a state of suspended animation. Then Mags could jettison him into space.

Originally posted by TheMask
BFR is the only thing saving these guys other then that.

Originally posted by Estacado
BFR ftw.

godking
Originally posted by Starscream M
not wolverine...he ain't fodder Wolverine is arguably the biggest piece of fodder out of that X-Men line up.

Hyperion Prime
This.

Damn it carver. sad

Edit the X-Men only have a chance because of Magneto and Storm being able to some how BFR him.

Sr J-Bieb
Originally posted by golem370
What if Magneto hurls Wolverine at super speed while his claws are out would he be able to pierce DD's body? I don't see why he wouldn't stab through him. Would it do anything? Most likely not.

Everyone is irrelevant outside Iceman, Magneto, and possibly Namor.

KMC Iceman could cause some serious problems, but Doomsday would run a rape train through any Iceman seen in comics. Magneto would fall, and Namor is a distraction.

Doomsday. I was expecting more powerful forces on the team.

EDIT: Mags using Wolverine as a weapon would be interesting though.

Estacado
Mags should rip out the adamantium from Logan and wrap DD in it making him immobile....

PillarofOsiris
Originally posted by Sr J-Bieb

Everyone is irrelevant outside Iceman, Magneto, and possibly Namor.

Technically, Colossunaut should contribute too, and possibly a handful of others.

Sr J-Bieb
Originally posted by PillarofOsiris
Technically, Colossunaut should contribute too, and possibly a handful of others. Colossus (Classic)

keiththegreat
Colossus (Classic)

Oops didn't see that.

keiththegreat
I meant for it to be Colossunaut.

iceman24567
3 pages later...might as well keep it the way it is

Sr J-Bieb
Keith, sometimes I don't think you are that great at all

iceman24567
Keith, sometimes I don't think you are that great at all http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v207/iceman2456/duh.gif

TheMask
Guys this is DOOMSDAY. HE BEAT SUPERMAN TO DEATH, and yet some of you are saying oh wolverine is gonna stab him? Come on If his durability is up there with superman HE AINT GONNA GET STABBED! If he is dumb enough to go for illusions then emma might trick him but for how long? I say X see's the carnage after the battle is done, and quits education and starts doing fluff films after growing a mustache. THATS HOW BAD HIS MIND IS AFFECTED.

h1a8
Mags using wolverine could actually beat DD.

Sin I AM
True. I stillhaven't seen an argument against Kurt taking a limb either. It's a very plausible tactic and would guarantee a win

Sr J-Bieb
True. I stillhaven't seen an argument against Kurt taking a limb either. It's a very plausible tactic and would guarantee a win Because he's never done it against someone on Doomsday's level?

You think Nightcrawler could port Surfer or Superman's head off?

DTM
Regarding Wolverines claws, I actually do think hell be able to cut Doomsday, BUT it was mentioned that DD is almost entirely solid, so it shouldnt cause any blood loss, and he should be able to continue on from such strikes just fine. Not to mention DDs speed and agility would probably enable him to smack Wolverine away, even as a Magneto controlled missile, before he even got struck.

Sr J-Bieb
Originally posted by DTM
Regarding Wolverines claws, I actually do think hell be able to cut Doomsday, BUT it was mentioned that DD is almost entirely solid, so it shouldnt cause any blood loss, and he should be able to continue on from such strikes just fine. Not to mention DDs speed and agility would probably enable him to smack Wolverine away, even as a Magneto controlled missile, before he even got struck. I doubt Wolverine is cutting Doomsday without added force.

And it wouldn't do much anyway.

Unless Magneto cooked up something major with that adamantium.

playa1258
DD kills most of this team in seconds. Leaving Magneto,Iceman and Rasputin.

Iceman is tossed into the sun, Rasputin is turned into a smear and Magneto is splattered all over the New York State.

DTM
I doubt Wolverine is cutting Doomsday without added force.

And it wouldn't do much anyway.

Unless Magneto cooked up something major with that adamantium.

Eh, he cuts thru Hulk just fine, and while Id agree DD is more durable than Hulk, it wouldnt be by a massive degree, that he would be immune to adamantium claws. But yes I agree, such strikes wouldnt do too much to DD, and he would only get in one or two before DD turned Logan to paste.

Sin I AM
Because he's never done it against someone on Doomsday's level?

You think Nightcrawler could port Surfer or Superman's head off?

Different powersets one has molecular control and the other a solar aura. DD is just dense

Brockalizer
X-Men take this, but just barely IMO. Ice Man may not be able to kill Doomsday but he damn sure can slow it down long enough for the team to do their thing. There are several power sets that it hadn't encountered during DOS. X-Men wouldn't fight as carelessly as DOS versions of Superman and the JLA did. DOS Doomsday didn't show the same ability to adapt as HP Doomsday did.

Sr J-Bieb
Originally posted by DTM
Eh, he cuts thru Hulk just fine, and while Id agree DD is more durable than Hulk, it wouldnt be by a massive degree, that he would be immune to adamantium claws. But yes I agree, such strikes wouldnt do too much to DD, and he would only get in one or two before DD turned Logan to paste. The only time DD's been cut to my knowledge is by an amped Superman with a Motherbox sword and it only went in like a quarter of the way...

He seems a lot denser than most.

Different powersets one has molecular control and the other a solar aura. DD is just dense Yes, those are what would keep Nightcrawler from porting their heads off.

DD is dense, and unless you have a panel where Nightcrawler decapitates someone that dense, then you sure as hell don't have shit.

What you're suggesting is that Nightcrawler can seperate one of the most durable high heralds from themselves because he ported some beings that had nowhere near as much density.

Thor vs Nightcrawler? Well, Nightcrawler just ports his head off... no one showed he couldn't lol look at me!

TheMask
DD is not getting gut by wolverine its absurd.

JakeTheBank
The only time DD's been cut to my knowledge is by an amped Superman with a Motherbox sword and it only went in like a quarter of the way...

Yes, those are what would keep Nightcrawler from porting their heads off.

DD is dense, and unless you have a panel where Nightcrawler decapitates someone that dense, then you sure as hell don't have shit.

What you're suggesting is that Nightcrawler can seperate one of the most durable high heralds from themselves because he ported some beings that had nowhere near as much density.

Thor vs Nightcrawler? Well, Nightcrawler just ports his head off... no one showed he couldn't lol look at me!

laughing out loud

Brockalizer
I can't off the top of my head remember if Rogues powers only work on "human mutants". If not there could be an argument made that Doomsday itself is an artificially created mutant. If that were so than combine that with Rogue's increased ability to use, control her powers then Doomsday is in for a long day.

Zack Fair
The only time DD's been cut to my knowledge is by an amped Superman with a Motherbox sword and it only went in like a quarter of the way...

Yes, those are what would keep Nightcrawler from porting their heads off.

Amen.

Sixth_Winged
Her power works on most things. Worked on the avengers and skrulls.

-Pr-
Different powersets one has molecular control and the other a solar aura. DD is just dense

superman doesn't have an aura. not anymore.

DarkSaint85
Sweet. I still see my Black Mercy attack from Emma as the way to go :-).

All hail non violence in a versus forum!

TheMask
How long can Emma do her black mercy attack?

psycho gundam
superman doesn't have an aura. not anymore. lol

Estacado
To be fair no one ever tried to port DD's head off...shifty

leonidas
i'd take dd unless kurt decides to end it quickly. no expression

seriously, mags could make it interesting for a time. be cool seeing dd pound on his shields to see what would happen. need a stronger x-team to win this.

-Pr-
Originally posted by psycho gundam
lol

shrug

TheLordofMurder
Originally posted by keiththegreat
DOS Doomsday

vs

Wolverine
Cyclops
Rogue
Emma Frost
Colossus (Classic)
Gambit
Storm
Magneto
Dust
Northstar
Aurora
Nightcrawler
Armor
Namor
Sunspot
Magma
Iceman
Magma

Can they put Doomsday down for the count?

No BFR

Fight in NYC, with all the buildings and citizens there.

Sans BFR, DoS Doomsday kills everyone on this team as well as anyone in NYC too stupid to leave town...

DoS actively speed blitz's, has excellent stamina, strength, and durability, and doesnt hold back at all; most of this team dies in the 1st few minutes of the fight...

Those that survive Doomsdays initial onslaught die inevitably afterwards...

psycho gundam
the indecision (or lack of consistency) is amusing

Placidity
Is this peak Omega Iceman?

carver9
Doomsday isn't touching Aurora or Northstar...not in his wildest dreams. This ends in a stalemate. Magneto can do damage as well.

iceman24567
Doomsday isn't touching Aurora or Northstar...not in his wildest dreams. But Hulk could amright?

carver9
Originally posted by iceman24567
But Hulk could amright?

No, Hulk isn't touching the twins at all. Hell, Northstar alone have fts of punching a thousand Times in a second, turning intangible, winking through an almost OMNI attack.

The way they "fight" and is displayed in comics "even with CIS on", Hulk nor Doomsday is touching them.

DarkSaint85
Originally posted by TheMask
How long can Emma do her black mercy attack?

I'd say long enough for it to be a forum win.

carver9
That attack isn't working on Doomsday. Sorry.

DarkSaint85
That attack isn't working on Doomsday. Sorry.

Oh, how come?

Wait, are you arguing DC and I'm arguing Marvel? Dayum.

carver9
Oh, how come?

Wait, are you arguing DC and I'm arguing Marvel? Dayum.

Of the twins wasn't in this fight, I would five it to Doomsday after a long fight. Isn't that attack you are talking about with Emma a mental attack?

zeel
doomsday destroy's this team. he kills the most of them in the first few minutes. mabey bobby can frezze him and then bfr him i dunno. I dont see this team permenently beating doomsday.

DarkSaint85
Not a mental attack, like a psi-bolt or anything that crude.

No darlings, what Emma would/could/should do (debate amongst yourselves about in character fights or whatnot) is a mental illusion like the Black Mercy, where the victim sees what they want to see - kinda like putting Doomsday into the Matrix, if you will. So he sees himself thrashing everyone, when in fact he's laid out on the floor.

carver9
Not a mental attack, like a psi-bolt or anything that crude.

No darlings, what Emma would/could/should do (debate amongst yourselves about in character fights or whatnot) is a mental illusion like the Black Mercy, where the victim sees what they want to see - kinda like putting Doomsday into the Matrix, if you will. So he sees himself thrashing everyone, when in fact he's laid out on the floor.

I don't think mind attacks work on Doomsday though. I think Martian Manhunter tried and failed IIRC. Let me look through my stash just to make sure.

DarkSaint85
I don't think mind attacks work on Doomsday though. I think Martian Manhunter tried and failed IIRC. Let me look through my stash just to make sure.

Fair enough. I always saw Doomsday as an animal - he has some cunning, sure, but nothing that resists illusions. DOS Doomsday even more so - I mean, Manchester Black was able to rewire a more powerful version of him.

Emma is very skilled, after all.

Brockalizer
I don't think mind attacks work on Doomsday though. I think Martian Manhunter tried and failed IIRC. Let me look through my stash just to make sure. If mind control didn't work then Brainiac never would have been able to control him.

RetardRobot
Doomsday is a bit like pre crisis superman, except a little more realistic; he'll just evolve to be immune to whatever killed him last. (i compare this to pre crisis Supes cause whenever supes needed one, he would just come up with a new power that will make him win)

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.