Why a sequel to Tomb raider?

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.

helmania
Since the fist movie pretty much SUCKED big time. Keeping that in mind, why on earth would they think viewers would subject themselves to a second dozage. What.... Angelina Jolie... I think not! sick sick sick

BackFire349
cuz it made money and thast all that matters these days.

Julie
I happened to like the first one, but I didn't know that they were going to make a sequel to it

Asami
I agree with Julie, I actually found the movie better than the game!!

Mujaffa
i'm with asami and julie

831_8
I thought the game was complete utter trash. The movie, god... all I've gotta say was that was the most expensive sleep I've EVER taken. Back to the question, like it's been said already, because the first one made money... and because it's got 'Lara Croft' in it.

Like how my friend described the Tomb Raider games:-

T.Raider 1 - Big ****, Big Ass
T.Raider 2 - Bigger ****, Bigger Ass
T.Raider 3 - COMPLETELY oversized **** & ass!!!

BackFire349
tomb raider games have always been over rated, the movie.... is known to be pretty crappy, which is exactly how it should be rated.

GordonSkywalker
Saw it. Bit bland.

edwinian
While the movie did not blow me away i was pleasantly entertained by the whole premise and throughouly enjoyed jolie. a sequel seemed pretty obvious to me- the whole story just worked for that. personally, i think it will be fun. again nothing that will blow you away, but still cool to see.

Captain REX
It was okay. It was based on a weird video game after all, and it is a bit hard adapting the games into films.

ToMacco
I never saw the first Tomb Raider, and I won't see this one.

She does have big ****, though, doesn't she?

831_8
I'm pretty sure they where big. Though I wouldn't know I fell asleep during the movie so I guess they wasn't big enough! laughing laughing out loud

ToMacco
Billy Bob, that lucky bastard!

Asami
But........ I thoguht Lara Croft was all about her assets?!!
What I did find rather disturbing was when FHM had HER a fantasy computer games character in one of their top 100 sexiest females!

ToMacco
Oh come on. Who wouldn't like to tap Lara Crofts' love buiscuit?

GordonSkywalker
...a bit bland perhaps, but enjoyable.

ToMacco
Bland? What the shit are you talking about?

Dejio
Personally, I happen to love the Tomb Raider games. You just have to accept it for what it is. There's no denying that when the first TR game went out, it blew all other games away.
People just started to compare it to games that basically copied and improved the Tomb Raider game. People just expected more.

About the film version, I thought the movie was pretty bland. They should get a different director or something for the sequel. Because the last movie didn't actually capture the games' feel. The first scene of Angelina was actually right on the mark. Then I was dissappointed when they revealed that it was just a practice room. Sheesh...

I sure hope they could redeem themselves in the sequel.

Augeybana
GS means what I take Bland as it's a good movie without it being bad,and been done before but it's good enough to watch it.

GordonSkywalker
Yeah, just what he said!

Julie
bland eh....I thought Tomb Raider was entertaining....not worth more that 2 viewings but entertaining

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.