Thanos vs 1 Celestial

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.

TheMask
Can Thanos defeat even the weakest celestial, or is thanos a smear on its foot?

zopzop
Reed killed an ALT reality Celestial with a gun he had somewhere in his closet. 616 Celestials have a hyperspace weakness that can be exploited. Assuming Thanos' tech = Reed's tech and Thanos knows of this hyperspace weakness, sure he can.

Hell, Sue destroyed one of the most powerful Celestials : Exitar.

quanchi112
Thanos wins.

Sr J-Bieb
Originally posted by zopzop
Reed killed an ALT reality Celestial with a gun he had somewhere in his closet. 616 Celestials have a hyperspace weakness that can be exploited. Assuming Thanos' tech = Reed's tech and Thanos knows of this hyperspace weakness, sure he can.

Hell, Sue destroyed one of the most powerful Celestials : Exitar. Sooooo... Thanos has prep?

Stoic
If this is a situation that Thanos accidentally stumbles into the wrong backyard that just so happens to have the weakest Celestial there waiting to slaughter anyone that encroaches on its mancave, then Thanos is done for. With prep, Thanos can take anyone.

TheMask
Two rounds

1 with prep

2 no prep

TheMask
Originally posted by quanchi112
Thanos wins. roll eyes (sarcastic) eek! laughing Happy Dance

DTM
Originally posted by Stoic
If this is a situation that Thanos accidentally stumbles into the wrong backyard that just so happens to have the weakest Celestial there waiting to slaughter anyone that encroaches on its mancave, then Thanos is done for. With prep, Thanos can take anyone.

Ill agree solidly with this.

zopzop
Originally posted by TheMask
Two rounds

1 with prep

2 no prep

1) Thanos wins

2) Thanos COULD win, IF his tech is anywhere near Reed's tech OR he knows about their hyperspace weakness.

TheMask
He dont have prep so how does he get this technology? Also he only has his standard eqipment in round 2.

TheMask
Originally posted by Sr J-Bieb
Sooooo... Thanos has prep?

Sounds like PIS and not plot induced stupidity if you get my meaning. More like piece of sh@t writing. Lets have one of the most powerful celestials be defeated by the invisible women. laughing roll eyes (sarcastic)

zopzop
He dont have prep so how does he get this technology? Also he only has his standard eqipment in round 2.

Easy, his tech is at his beck and call. See the Blood and Thunder arc. He used a gun to BFR Thor in a force block. Later, when he fought Odin, he pulled that same BFR force block tactic, except this time his gun was nowhere to be found.

TheMask
Easy, his tech is at his beck and call. See the Blood and Thunder arc. He used a gun to BFR Thor in a force block. Later, when he fought Odin, he pulled that same BFR force block tactic, except this time his gun was nowhere to be found.

I know that but where does Thanos have technology on that level? If he did why didnt he use it on Galactus when he was getting destroyed in Thanos the 12 issue series?

zopzop
I know that but where does Thanos have technology on that level? If he did why didnt he use it on Galactus when he was getting destroyed in Thanos the 12 issue series?

Who knows? Why didn't Reed Richards whip out another "Entropy Gun" and wtfpwn the Rogue Alt Reality Celestials when they came to 616 reality?

TheMask
Cause its PIS probably.

quanchi112
roll eyes (sarcastic) eek! laughing Happy Dance I'm right.

TheMask
You know what shocks me more then your stupidity, ignorence, and sick sick obsession with a naked thanos? Its that anyone bothers to REPLY TO YOU. I do it cause i love making you look like a moron

quanchi112
You know what shocks me more then your stupidity, ignorence, and sick sick obsession with a naked thanos? Its that anyone bothers to REPLY TO YOU. I do it cause i love making you look like a moron Your grammar is as hideous as your face, mask.

Damborgson
This thread obviously was in no way intended to bait Quanchi. Obviously.

Zack Fair
Originally posted by Damborgson
This thread obviously was in no way intended to bait Quanchi. Obviously.

thumb up

TheMask
Nah if i wanted to baid quanchi id make a Thanos vs God thread.

guy222
thanos isn't defeating a celestial

Mshinu
Prune Chin gets zapped out of existence.

Utrigita
Celestial ftw imo.

Batman-Prime
Without prep, Thanos stand absolutely no chance 0%.

basilisk
Two rounds

1 with prep

2 no prep

1) No chance. 0%.

2) The way the Celestials used to be, I would say no. Unfortunately, like most of Marvel's cosmics, they just aren't written the way they used to be. Sometimes it seems like anyone with prep can cause cosmic types trouble. So yes, these days he'd have a good chance, unless this is two-way prep.

TheLordofMurder

Both of those are prime examples of Comicbook Stupidity and extreme PIS (didnt the guy who wrote Sue destroying Exitar say something about him wanting to get revenge on the Celestials or something equally ridiculous along those lines?)...

Comicbook Stupidity and PIS are absent by default in a forum fight, and with that being the case, this is spite against Thanos...

Average showings zop; on average any Celestial (even alt reality versions of them) absolutely annihilates Thanos...

Nihilist
1. Thanos could beat a no name Celestial, hell they was having trouble with the cancerverse minions, whilst Thanos was smacking around there avatar.

2.Thanos

zopzop
Originally posted by TheLordofMurder
Average showings zop; on average any Celestial (even alt reality versions of them) absolutely annihilates Thanos...
Both of us know this is true LoM. But that's just the way it is in comics. Lazy ass editors and moronic writers destroy power hierarchy and years of continuity.

So if Sue gets credit for wtfpwning one of the greatest Celestials, Reed has a gun in his closet that can wtfpwn a Celestial, they have a hyperspace weakness, etc... we should give Thanos the benefit of the doubt too.

If we throw out the PIS/CIS crap from the Fantastic Four arc, then of course Thanos stands NO chance vs a Celestial.

Bentley
Originally posted by Nihilist
1. Thanos could beat a no name Celestial, hell they was having trouble with the cancerverse minions

Would you prove that? Were Celestial really having trouble with no-name cancerverse goons?

OneDumbG0
A Celestial would win.

quanchi112
Originally posted by OneDumbG0
A Celestial would win. Not a chance. Thanos is more powerful and is unkillable. In the same arc Celestials were getting wrecked in full force.

Bentley
Yeah, according to Quan Drax is multiversal.

quanchi112
Originally posted by Bentley
Yeah, according to Quan Drax is multiversal. Thanos was weakened while Drax used a plot device. Thanos wasn't defeated and showed he is immune to death unlike the Celestials who dropped like flies against the cancerverse's Galactus.

psycho gundam
hahahahah

Magnon
Without prep, the Celestial stomps.

With prep (i.e. BOTH combatants have prep), the Celestial wins a healthy majority as well.

Usually, when a master-prepper (Reed, Doom, Thanos, etc) is seen to defeat a high-end cosmic being it is due to one-sided preparation and surprise element. But if we allow the cosmic being an equal preparation time against the "mortal" the situation is quite different.

TheMask
So then why didnt Thanos defeat the Cancerverse Galactus quan? Oh cause he couldnt? This immune to death stuff is getting old. So what if he's immune to death. That just means that the celestials takes him home and has a trophy.

quanchi112
So then why didnt Thanos defeat the Cancerverse Galactus quan? Oh cause he couldnt? This immune to death stuff is getting old. So what if he's immune to death. That just means that the celestials takes him home and has a trophy. Thanos was in the cancerverse. The Galactus Engine wasn't where Thanos was. Lord Mar-vell was tasked with this mission. Thanos destroyed an entire universe through his actions. Powerful indeed.

TheMask
Thanos destroyed though his actions? So now he can destroy universes with a snap of his fingers? LOL Didnt he require help from lady death?

quanchi112
Thanos destroyed though his actions? So now he can destroy universes with a snap of his fingers? LOL Didnt he require help from lady death? He was empowered by Mistress Death. His actions set up the universe going down. Thanos was imperative for the 616 universe to prevail over the cancerverse. It wasn't the first time Thanos saved the universe.

TheMask
Im not talking about that. Im asking if thanos can destroy the universe with his personal powers.

Bentley
Thanos couldn't even kill himself, let alone destroy an universe.

Hulkbuster1
Thanos couldn't even kill himself, let alone destroy an universe.

he made a joke out of galactus and he completely annihilated silver sufer and he brought tyrant to his limits.

TheGodKiller
Celestial takes this one .

TheMask
He brought tyrant to his limits? He used tyrants orb which had tyrants powers. When did he make a joke out of Galactus? He had to use those two guys who were as strong as Galactus.

TheGodKiller
He brought tyrant to his limits? He used tyrants orb which had tyrants powers. When did he make a joke out of Galactus? He had to use those two guys who were as strong as Galactus.

IIRC , T&A were the last of their race , as the Big G slaughtered the Proemial Gods a long time ago . Also , it appears that in that particular arc , Galactus was not fed .

h1a8
Easy, his tech is at his beck and call. See the Blood and Thunder arc. He used a gun to BFR Thor in a force block. Later, when he fought Odin, he pulled that same BFR force block tactic, except this time his gun was nowhere to be found. He must show that he has certain tech on his person. You just can't make up tech for him that he hasn't shown in comics.

Also, TI Thanos (the latest one) is missing all of his tech. He only has natural powers.

quanchi112
Thanos couldn't even kill himself, let alone destroy an universe. Thanos is immune to death. Thanos also brought about the destruction of an entire universe. That's called power.

Im not talking about that. Im asking if thanos can destroy the universe with his personal powers. Thanos defeats the Celestial.

Bentley
Originally posted by Hulkbuster1
he made a joke out of galactus and he completely annihilated silver sufer and he brought tyrant to his limits.

He got killed by Drax, he got destroyed by Drax. Drax must be abstract level.

quanchi112
He got killed by Drax, he got destroyed by Drax. Drax must be abstract level. Thanos was weakened and Drax used a plot device against him which failed to keep him down.

TheMask
Failed to keep him down? Funny the hand through his chest sure looks like it kept him down.

TheMask
Thanos is immune to death. Thanos also brought about the destruction of an entire universe. That's called power.

Thanos defeats the Celestial.

You didnt answer my question as usual. Well the immune to death BS is a plot device so he simply dies in this thread huh? Since you hate plot devices.

PillarofOsiris
First Thanos is against Rune King Thor, and now he's against a Celestial? Just when I thought Hulk was the most overrated hero on this board. This thread should have been closed before anyone could even respond, it's absolutely ridiculous.

PillarofOsiris

She didn't kill him.

TheMask
Thanos gets way to easy guys against him. Thanos vs big barda? GIVE ME A BREAK.

quanchi112
You didnt answer my question as usual. Well the immune to death BS is a plot device so he simply dies in this thread huh? Since you hate plot devices. That's his ability. Thanos is powerful enough to destroy a Celestial imo.Originally posted by TheMask
Failed to keep him down? Funny the hand through his chest sure looks like it kept him down. He wasn't immune to death at the time nor can a Celestial replicate Drax's specific silver bullet type power.

TheMask
Well you hate plot devices. So he dies anyway minus a plot device.

quanchi112
Well you hate plot devices. So he dies anyway minus a plot device. You can't just dismiss plot devices. I am objective.

TheMask
How funny that you can dismiss them, but I cant. In the Dr Strange thread you dismissed them even though Dr Strange has objects like the Eye at his disposal that can beat things like Shuma Gorath. In RKT we said how he just becomes a head on the belt of Thor. In this thread we can just say that Thanos becomes a new pet for the celestials. Do you know who im talking about or do you need cue cards?

quanchi112
How funny that you can dismiss them, but I cant. In the Dr Strange thread you dismissed them even though Dr Strange has objects like the Eye at his disposal that can beat things like Shuma Gorath. In RKT we said how he just becomes a head on the belt of Thor. In this thread we can just say that Thanos becomes a new pet for the celestials. Do you know who im talking about or do you need cue cards? We debate based on standard equipment and current versions. Thanos is immune to death and powerful enough to override universal laws. He wins. If you don't like it then debate me. If you can't then remain silent.

Sundipped
Thanos wins with prep.
Without it he gets stomped.

TheMask
I wont remain silent. You already know that. As for that universal law crap. SAVE IT AND SHOVE IT. He loses and you know it you're just to afraid to admit it. Also Odin in destroyer armor powered up couldnt even hurt one celestial. Thanos is a fle to just one. Get over it He cant win. Stop living in you're private fantasty land

quanchi112
I wont remain silent. You already know that. As for that universal law crap. SAVE IT AND SHOVE IT. He loses and you know it you're just to afraid to admit it. Also Odin in destroyer armor powered up couldnt even hurt one celestial. Thanos is a fle to just one. Get over it He cant win. Stop living in you're private fantasty land Odin did hurt a Celestial. He cut off limbs but was taking them all on so they could reform. You aren't knowledgeable enough to really know any better.

Thanos wins.

TheMask
If he hurt them then they would not have reformed. The Mask can be cut into a million pieces yet be reformed in 1 second. Acutually he can reform from nothing. Its not really being hurt. THus they were not hurt. Idiot. Thanos loses.

quanchi112
If he hurt them then they would not have reformed. The Mask can be cut into a million pieces yet be reformed in 1 second. Acutually he can reform from nothing. Its not really being hurt. THus they were not hurt. Idiot. Thanos loses. I just told you why. He didn't face off against one. Quit insulting. You're obviously very upset. Thanos wins for reasons I have already stated.

TheMask
If he could hurt one they just reform. If I was upset id tell you off way worse. Im not upset. If I told you, you were a smart good debater I'd be lieing. That a powered up Odin and Thanos cant compare to Odin can he? NOPE

quanchi112
If he could hurt one they just reform. If I was upset id tell you off way worse. Im not upset. If I told you, you were a smart good debater I'd be lieing. That a powered up Odin and Thanos cant compare to Odin can he? NOPE It's lying not lieing. Odin couldn't press the advantage so they could reform. He wasn't against one he was against an entire host.

TheMask
I already knew that. It doesnt really matter. The fact is Thanos cant win here. Why dont you go make a fool out of yourself in the new thanos gauntlet

quanchi112
I already knew that. It doesnt really matter. The fact is Thanos cant win here. Why dont you go make a fool out of yourself in the new thanos gauntlet So you concede the point and then repeat yourself over and over again. Quit making this personal. Thanos clearly wins. You're clearly upset.

TheMask
Thanos clearly loses. What Odin does is what Odin does. Thanos isnt in Odins league smile Stop comparing them little silly boy.

PillarofOsiris
The fact is Thanos cant win here.

Didn't you make this thread? What did you expect by making a thread this stupid?

quanchi112
Thanos clearly loses. What Odin does is what Odin does. Thanos isnt in Odins league smile Stop comparing them little silly boy. You said Odin couldn't and then I corrected you. You conceded the point and admitted you didn't read it. You can't even remember what happened 15 minutes ago let alone what you ate for breakfast yesterday.

Thanos wins. Immune to death.

guy222
celestial still

TheMask
YOu know that being immune to death doesnt get you the win automatically. So save that shit for someone who cares.

He loses its page after page of people knowing you lose and Thanos lose. The real THanos would think you an embarresment.

quanchi112
YOu know that being immune to death doesnt get you the win automatically. So save that shit for someone who cares.

He loses its page after page of people knowing you lose and Thanos lose. The real THanos would think you an embarresment. Thanos didn't die but Celestials were dying in Thanos Imperative. Thanos wins.

lannfear
Celestial

Diesldude
Quan you convinced me, Celestial wins. I was thinking how Thanos couldn't even scratch Odin in his fight with him. But that's Odin and this is a no name celestial, but you made a strong case and changed my mind. That's not an easy thing to do. So kudos to you quan.

quanchi112
Originally posted by Diesldude
Quan you convinced me, Celestial wins. I was thinking how Thanos couldn't even scratch Odin in his fight with him. But that's Odin and this is a no name celestial, but you made a strong case and changed my mind. That's not an easy thing to do. So kudos to you quan. You can continue to ignore his upgrade post that fight all you want. Thanos wins.

keiththegreat
Thanos didn't die but Celestials were dying in Thanos Imperative. Thanos wins.

I didn't read the Thanos Imperiative, but I heard that some of them ran away, not died. Do you have a scan of them dying?

quanchi112
Originally posted by keiththegreat
I didn't read the Thanos Imperiative, but I heard that some of them ran away, not died. Do you have a scan of them dying? You need to read the series, kid.

TheMask
You need to have commen sense BOY.

keiththegreat
You need to read the series, kid.

So that's a no?

Can anyone confirm if Celestials did or did not die in TI?

TheMask
Yes a celestial was destroyed by the cancerverse version of Galactus. Dont be bothered by quanchi. He's a douchbage fanboy who thinks that TOAA would be defeated by Thanos.

TheMask
I thought Thanos Imperative sucked anyway.

keiththegreat
Was it killed, or was it's shell destroyed?

TheMask
Galactus acted shocked as much as a guy like He can act. So I'm guessing it was destroyed. I'm wondering right now when the hell Incorruptible 30 is coming out in june or july. Im sure quan is to busy wondering when he can lock himself up and suck on a purple dildow. Galactus said something like. I never thought I'd see when a celestial would be destroyed, or I never thought it was possible that a celestial could be destroyed.

abhilegend
Spite.

Brockalizer
You need to have commen sense BOY. If you're gonna talk sh*t to someone please have the decency to run a spell check first? Or at least have your Grandma come down to the basement to proof read it for you.

quanchi112
Originally posted by keiththegreat
So that's a no?

Can anyone confirm if Celestials did or did not die in TI? They died. Only you would say they just ran away when the fate of the universe was at war.Originally posted by TheMask
Yes a celestial was destroyed by the cancerverse version of Galactus. Dont be bothered by quanchi. He's a douchbage fanboy who thinks that TOAA would be defeated by Thanos. Someone's upset and through intense rage still cannot spell simple words.

TheMask
At least im not an idiot who thinks that TOAA can be defeated by Thanos like you. smile

Nihilist
lol at Mask and his Qaun/Thanos obsession

Slaanesh
if i'm not mistaken..u can see Arishem in Thanos Imperative..and then u see him again in Uncanny X-Man..that shows that they didn't die in TI..

DTM
Ill support Thanos with prep being able to beat the weakest Celestial, though without such prep Thanos would lose.

TheMask
Im not obssessed. I just hate fanboyism.

quanchi112
At least im not an idiot who thinks that TOAA can be defeated by Thanos like you. smile Thanos is supreme with the heart. Originally posted by Nihilist
lol at Mask and his Qaun/Thanos obsession You should see the pms.

TheMask
Thanos cant get the heart if TOAA doesnt allow it, and no he isnt supreme with it TOAA is always supreme.

quanchi112
Thanos cant get the heart if TOAA doesnt allow it, and no he isnt supreme with it TOAA is always supreme. Based on ?

basilisk
Galactus acted shocked as much as a guy like He can act. So I'm guessing it was destroyed. I'm wondering right now when the hell Incorruptible 30 is coming out in june or july. Im sure quan is to busy wondering when he can lock himself up and suck on a purple dildow. Galactus said something like. I never thought I'd see when a celestial would be destroyed, or I never thought it was possible that a celestial could be destroyed.

I think the scene you are thinking of is Marvel Universe: The End when the HOTI destroys a Celestial. Galactus looked shocked and said "he actually destroyed a Celestial".

In TI it was Aegis of Sorrows seen being graphically killed (but given she had already been destroyed once before by the crunch and came back it is possible she could just come back again anyway). I can't remember back seeing any Celestials destroyed in TI. Some of them have been seen since and usually they would show such a momentous event for some cheap shock value, so I don't think they were.

TheMask
Well some say that there bodies can be destroyed, but there essances can reform the bodies later on, or something like that.

TheGodKiller
Originally posted by basilisk
I think the scene you are thinking of is Marvel Universe: The End when the HOTI destroys a Celestial. Galactus looked shocked and said "he actually destroyed a Celestial".

In TI it was Aegis of Sorrows seen being graphically killed (but given she had already been destroyed once before by the crunch and came back it is possible she could just come back again anyway). I can't remember back seeing any Celestials destroyed in TI. Some of them have been seen since and usually they would show such a momentous event for some cheap shock value, so I don't think they were.

Arishem was most probably not destroyed in that confrontation(w/the GE) . If he was , he probably insta-reformed , as he was seen leading an entire host of Celestials to Earth , when Mr Sinister recently tampered with the Dreaming Celestial's body .

guy222
and he followed tiamut at the end of the storyline

TheMask
I declare Thanos the winner with Prep and I declare The Celestial the winner with no prep.

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.