Lucifer Morningstar vs Thanos

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.

TheMask
two rounds

round 1 each gets ZERO PREP

round 2 each gets 10 years prep

Sr J-Bieb
Penis penis vagina jizz

I think I've made my point

leonidas
this....won't stay open long.

zopzop
Honest question. What has Lucifer ever done fights or feats wise? Because every time I ask, I get no response or vague hyperbole.

TheMask
Why not. He has prep.

TheMask
Originally posted by Sr J-Bieb
Penis penis vagina jizz

I think I've made my point

Farts farts balloon sh@t. That was the words kids party I ever went to.

leonidas
Originally posted by zopzop
Honest question. What has Lucifer ever done fights or feats wise? Because every time I ask, I get no response or vague hyperbole.

you're not going to get many. he doesn't fight cuz people generally know it's pointless. seriously.

thanos would need to retrieve the hotu to fight this fight and that doesn't exist anymore so his 10yrs are worthless. he can't win this fight.

zopzop
Originally posted by leonidas
you're not going to get many. he doesn't fight cuz people generally know it's pointless. seriously.

thanos would need to retrieve the hotu to fight this fight and that doesn't exist anymore so his 10yrs are worthless. he can't win this fight.

So let me get this straight, Lucifer, has NOTHING or very little in terms of fights or feats and yet we have to assume he beats Thanos? I don't understand how that works.

iceman24567
Honest question. What has Lucifer ever done fights or feats wise? Because every time I ask, I get no response or vague hyperbole. Him casually beating the Spectre isn't enough for a win here? Forget the implied power and the hyperbole

TheMask
Why not. Anyway cant he usurp Lucifers powers or something. Its not like Lucifer didnt turn those trolls powers against them when they usurped the presances powers.

leonidas
So let me get this straight, Lucifer, has NOTHING or very little in terms of fights or feats and yet we have to assume he beats Thanos? I don't understand how that works.

have you read lucifer?

zopzop
Originally posted by iceman24567
Him casually beating the Spectre isn't enough for a win here? Forget the implied power and the hyperbole

The Spectre is all over the place power wise. Hell Nekron told him to go F himself and the Spectre couldn't do jack about it. Didn't the Joker escape the Spectre's judgement/power too? I mean come on now....

zopzop
have you read lucifer?

To answer your question, no. But how hard is it for Team Vertigo to produce and example or two of something he's done that's so spectacular that would convince anyone that he could beat Thanos?

quanchi112
The Spectre is all over the place power wise. Hell Nekron told him to go F himself and the Spectre couldn't do jack about it. Didn't the Joker escape the Spectre's judgement/power too? I mean come on now.... Nicely done.

As per the thread. Thanos, 10/10.

leonidas
Originally posted by TheMask
Why not. Quanchi says he can. Anyway cant he usurp Lucifers powers or something. Its not like Lucifer didnt turn those trolls powers against them when they usurped the presances powers.

don't see how. if you want to say that in 10 he develops a way that has never been shown that's you're perogative. while you're playing make believe, you could say he finds some power never before seen too and wipes out marvel, dc and the real world too..... i mean why think small?

Sr J-Bieb
So let me get this straight, Lucifer, has NOTHING or very little in terms of fights or feats and yet we have to assume he beats Thanos? I don't understand how that works. He's fought evenly with Michael when the latter has raped Spectre twice.

He stood in front of a multiversal big bang with no damage done.

Shaped a universe, etc.

JakeTheBank
Lucifer isn't the kind of character who goes around beating the shit out of people or exploding galaxies or needless space cheese feats. For that matter, hardly any of the Vertigo characters are, but that doesn't detract from their power levels and how they're intended to stand in their respective universe.

To that end, this thread is going to get locked because
A.) I'm pretty sure this has been done before
B.) It's spite-tastic if you know anything about both characters
C.) It will devolve into an endless cycle of "on panel feats/fights" versus "implied power/writer intent". Even then, Lucifer's feats speak for themselves.

iceman24567
The Spectre is all over the place power wise. Hell Nekron told him to go F himself and the Spectre couldn't do jack about it. Didn't the Joker escape the Spectre's judgement/power too? I mean come on now.... Yes but in Lucifers case it wasn't a i can't judge you type of thing he went all out but was easily overpowered by a more powerful angel. If that isn't enough to justify people siding with Lucifer against Thanos (lol) oh well erm

zopzop
Originally posted by Sr J-Bieb
He's fought evenly with Michael when the latter has raped Spectre twice.

He stood in front of a multiversal big bang with no damage done.

Shaped a universe, etc.

A) Spectre is all over the place power wise (like I said before) so this doesn't fill me with too much confidence in Michael or Lucifer's power

B) That Big Bang's purpose was to create and not destroy, yes?

C) Did he provide the power behind the creation of the universe that he shaped? Yes or no? If no, that's not really that impressive.

leonidas
To answer your question, no. But how hard is it for Team Vertigo to produce and example or two of something he's done that's so spectacular that would convince anyone that he could beat Thanos?

then it's hard to make you understand how outside the nature of the character something as frivolous as 'fighting' is for some of those characters. you really should read some, and come to your own conclusions. it's much the same with sandman--though morpheus was admittedly less than nothing compared to lucifer. morpheus himself called lucifer perhaps the most powerful being in creation.

zopzop
Yes but in Lucifers case it wasn't a i can't judge you type of thing he went all out but was easily overpowered by a more powerful angel. If that isn't enough to justify people siding with Lucifer against Thanos (lol) oh well erm

Didn't even the penultimate angel, Michael, lose his powers when his wings were clipped? I mean wtf kind of BS is that? Again, not impressed by any of the angels.

zopzop
then it's hard to make you understand how outside the nature of the character something as frivolous as 'fighting' is for some of those characters. you really should read some, and come to your own conclusions. it's much the same with sandman--though morpheus was admittedly less than nothing compared to lucifer. morpheus himself called lucifer perhaps the most powerful being in creation.

Then surely that powerful being must have something worth mentioning in terms of fights or displays of power under his belt?

JakeTheBank
Didn't even the penultimate angel, Michael, lose his powers when his wings were clipped? I mean wtf kind of BS is that? Again, not impressed by any of the angels.

How is being described, multiple times at that, as the mightiest being in all of creation next to God himself not impressive?

TheMask
Implied powers?

Ill give you powers he has

1. He scares the endless even death.
2. He can outsmart gods such as the rulers of chinese hell by blackmailing them
3. He was at ground zero of a multiversal level explosion and it did not hurt him.
4. He can cross the source wall at will something that darkseid wishes he could do. He does this so he can see all reality at once. The source seems like nothing to Lucifer cause he ignores it.
5. He outsmarted some demons who took the power of the presance by turning it against them.
6. He Shaped his own multiverse single handedly. He shaped everything. The rate of time. the suns etc.
7. He can kill immortal beings, including gods.
8. There was a type of hell called the house of windowless room or something were angels go when they die i think and lucifer was way to powerful to be there so his mear presance destroyed the place.

And these are just the feats i remmeber off hand.

He took away destinys book tearing it up. He was offered a army of millions and said I dont need it I am my own army times I dont know what.

zopzop
Originally posted by JakeTheBank
How is being described, multiple times at that, as the mightiest being in all of creation next to God himself not impressive?
Because implied power and hyperbole are meaningless unless they are backed up with something on panel.

Didn't the Watcher describe the Phoenix Force as a primal force second only to the Creator in power? How has that worked out on panel? See my point?

JakeTheBank
Because implied power and hyperbole are meaningless unless they are backed up with something on panel.

Didn't the Watcher describe the Phoenix Force as a primal force second only to the Creator in power? How has that worked out on panel? See my point?

We've actually seen on panel the power of Michael and Lucifer, though.

And they live up to the narrative.

iceman24567

Didn't the Watcher describe the Phoenix Force as a primal force second only to the Creator in power? How has that worked out on panel? See my point? They have the feats that proved the implied power and hyperbole erm

TheMask
Originally posted by quanchi112
Nicely done.

As per the thread. Thanos, 10/10.

Your so sad quanchi.

zopzop
Implied powers?

Ill give you powers he has

1. He scares the endless even death.
2. He can outsmart gods such as the rulers of chinese hell by blackmailing them
3. He was at ground zero of a multiversal level explosion and it did not hurt him.
4. He can cross the source wall at will something that darkseid wishes he could do. He does this so he can see all reality at once. The source seems like nothing to Lucifer cause he ignores it.
5. He outsmarted some demons who took the power of the presance by turning it against them.
6. He Shaped his own multiverse single handedly. He shaped everything. The rate of time. the suns etc.
7. He can kill immortal beings, including gods.
8. There was a type of hell called the house of windowless room or something were angels go when they die i think and lucifer was way to powerful to be there so his mear presance destroyed the place.

1) Ok?
2) Ok?
3) The purpose of that "blast" was to CREATE, not destroy. It was a creation level event. What's so impressive about surviving it?
4) ......
5) Ok?
6) Did he provide the power behind the creation of the multiverse he shaped? Yes or no? If no, who cares. Reed Richards shaped the Marvel multiverse using Alien Entity's power.
7) That's great. How powerful are those "Gods"?
8) That proves nothing. Since that's an "angel only" type thing.

zopzop
We've actually seen on panel the power of Michael and Lucifer, though.

And they live up to the narrative. Originally posted by iceman24567
They have the feats that proved the implied power and hyperbole erm
Then why haven't they been mentioned? Even the stuff that is provided by Team Vertigo concerning their power is vague or symbolic.

quanchi112
Your so sad quanchi. Just like "your" grammar is so sad. I used your correctly while you didn't. Thanos wins.

Gecko4lif

3) The purpose of that "blast" was to CREATE, not destroy. It was a creation level event. What's so impressive about surviving it?
How can you type that and not feel absolutely stupid

It takes hundreds of thousands/ millions of tons of pressure and several tens of thousands of degrees to create diamonds but somebody surviving that isnt impressive right?

It was for the purpose of Creation.

Right?

TheMask
My grammer may be bad, but at least im not an insane little boy with naked thanos in my avatar. Your pathetic quanchi. Thanos dies 1000 times either fight before he knows what happend to him.

Why dont you go get a long thick purple sharpie and lock yourself in the bathroom and have FUN WITH YOURSELF.

iceman24567
Then why haven't they been mentioned? Even the stuff that is provided by Team Vertigo concerning their power is vague or symbolic. It is said that Michael/Lucifer are second only to god. Michael blew up his power released a multiverse in Lucifers face. Sounds like proven hyperbole to me erm

quanchi112
My grammer may be bad, but at least im not an insane little boy with naked thanos in my avatar. Your pathetic quanchi. Thanos dies 1000 times either fight before he knows what happend to him. Thanos is immune to death.

laughing out loud

Do you even know who Thanos is ?

JakeTheBank
Then why haven't they been mentioned? Even the stuff that is provided by Team Vertigo concerning their power is vague or symbolic.

It's pretty clear to me how powerful Michael and Lucifer are intended to be. *shrug*

I mean, Lucifer just doesn't go around one-shotting planets or busting teams of heroes, not because he can't, but simply because that's not the nature of his character. He's not some grandiose cosmic villain whom our plucky rag tag team of heroes have to overcome.

If you want to look at his feats and write them off as non-impressive, that's your perogative, but it's pretty obvious to a lot of people here that both the angelic brothers operate on a completely different level than someone like Thanos.

zopzop
Originally posted by Gecko4lif
How can you type that and not feel absolutely stupid
What was the purpose of that multiversal blast? To CREATE right? Michael is the Demiurge and has the power to create. That's his whole shtick. So you can stfu if you have nothing of substance to add to this discussion.

JakeTheBank
So if someone were to recreate the Big Bang and someone tanked it in the face, it wouldn't be impressive?

iceman24567
What was the purpose of that multiversal blast? To CREATE right? Michael is the Demiurge and has the power to create. That's his whole shtick. So you can stfu if you have nothing of substance to add to this discussion. So you think tanking a multiverse level big bang is unimpressive?

zopzop
It is said that Michael/Lucifer are second only to god. Michael blew up his power released a multiverse in Lucifers face. Sounds like proven hyperbole to me erm

Michale is the Demiurge. That's why "surviving" that blast is meaningless. It's purpose was to CREATE not destroy.

PS the "second to God" stuff has already been disproved. It's a meaningless statement.

leonidas
phil's respect thread is very good. but forget that. just stay out of lucifer threads for a month, dl or buy the series and you won't need to rely on anyone else trying to convince. if you read it and still don't know why this is spite, then, well..... you're on your own.

Gecko4lif
What was the purpose of that multiversal blast? To CREATE right? Michael is the Demiurge and has the power to create. That's his whole shtick. So you can stfu if you have nothing of substance to add to this discussion.
You realize there is no difference between creation and destruction right

It takes the same amount of energy

Open a ****ing book you guido

zopzop
So if someone were to recreate the Big Bang and someone tanked it in the face, it wouldn't be impressive? Originally posted by iceman24567
So you think tanking a multiverse level big bang is unimpressive?
Do you know why Michael's full "name" is Michael Demiurgos? Yes? That answers your question.

zopzop
Originally posted by Gecko4lif
You realize there is no difference between creation and destruction right

It takes the same amount of energy

Open a ****ing book you guido
http://www.overthehillgamers.net/addons/autogallery/Gallery/131585348413.Epic_Face_Palm.jpg

JakeTheBank
Let's start small.

If I have the power output needed to create a star, and I decide to create one only aimed at someone's forehead....

I mean, this can't be difficult, can it?

It being an act of "creation" does in no way, shape, or form, somehow make it less powerful than if I decided to unmake a star.

TheMask
Actually if you actually read the comic, youd know that if he was destroyed he would have destroyed the present multiverse. Oh but it was a blast to create lol not destroy

Also you going OOK OK OK to most of the feats shows how silly you are.

TheMask
You clearly ignore everyones posts, and logic but yourself oh im sorry that wasnt true. You dont ignore your own logic cause you have no logic.

Gecko4lif

You clearly only have an elementary school level understanding of physics.

JakeTheBank
phil's respect thread is very good. but forget that. just stay out of lucifer threads for a month, dl or buy the series and you won't need to rely on anyone else trying to convince. if you read it and still don't know why this is spite, then, well..... you're on your own.

This is probably the best post on the matter.

I honestly think if you read the series, or even just a few pertinent issues, you'd come around. Or I hope so, anyway.

zopzop
Let's start small.

If I have the power output needed to create a star, and I decide to create one only aimed at someone's forehead....

I mean, this can't be difficult, can it?

It being an act of "creation" does in no way, shape, or form, somehow make it less powerful than if I decided to unmake a star.

If that special someone's known ability is to shape matter that you, the Demiurge, create..... Understand now?

Sr J-Bieb
A) Spectre is all over the place power wise (like I said before) so this doesn't fill me with too much confidence in Michael or Lucifer's power

B) That Big Bang's purpose was to create and not destroy, yes?

C) Did he provide the power behind the creation of the universe that he shaped? Yes or no? If no, that's not really that impressive. This was at a time before Johns got a hold of Spectre.

http://i151.photobucket.com/albums/s132/Erik_Magnus_Lensherr/Lucifer133.jpg

lol at you saying that, and lol at there being a page to directly disprove that.

Hell, here's another page talking about the explosion:
http://i151.photobucket.com/albums/s132/Erik_Magnus_Lensherr/Lucifer152.jpg

Micheal created the power. Lucifer shaped everything. Hell, the guy made time move faster in his own universe. Not impressive at all.
http://i151.photobucket.com/albums/s132/Erik_Magnus_Lensherr/Lucifer154.jpg

Your logic as always, is on point.

TheMask
Then why did the angels fear destroying him if it only creates they stated if he was destroyed it would whipe the current reality clean its obviously destructive? Tell me understand? Did you even read the comic I DID. Did you? Understand?

Its ok you think you could stand at the big bang and survive ok cool. Your not to smart are you.

JakeTheBank
If that special someone's known ability is to shape matter that you, the Demiurge, create..... Understand now?

How does being able to create or shape matter take away from the level of power needed for such a thing to be possible?

Sersi is a matter manipulator. Sure as phuck don't see her tanking that.

zopzop
How does being able to create or shape matter take away from the level of power needed for such a thing to be possible?

Sersi is a matter manipulator. Sure as phuck don't see her tanking that.

She saved the Avengers when the entire universe blinked out of existence. And she's only a herald level being at best.

Badabing

thanos would need to retrieve the hotu to fight this fight and that doesn't exist anymore so his 10yrs are worthless. he can't win this fight. ^^This

I'm not sure if people are playing dumb, or trying to twist the rules in favor of their character. I guess trolling and ignorance trump common sense?

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.