PC Captain Marvel vs. PR Beyonder

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.

Endless Mike
Not a fight. PC CM is supposedly completely indestructible, so can he survive if he is forced to just stand there while Beyonder blasts him with all of his power at its maximum level? (No reality warping/hax, just pure energy blasting power)?

Nihilist
LOL Cap gets toasted

CosmicComet
Golden Age Fawcett Cap, if you count him, can take it forever.

Endless Mike
Originally posted by CosmicComet
Golden Age Fawcett Cap, if you count him, can take it forever.

What's his greatest durability feat?

Prep-Man
Probably surviving Infinity...

CosmicComet
Originally posted by Endless Mike
What's his greatest durability feat?

The Fawcett Marvel family's best durability feat is existing in Infinity. A completely pitch black void existing outside the universe where matter cannot exist at all.

Sivana and his kids forced them into the void, thinking it would destroy them, turns out, they were completely fine and unharmed. Then they figured a way out. The narration specifically said its because of their complete indestructibility that they survived with no harm.

Endless Mike
How does that compare to a guy with power infinitely beyond the multiverse?

CosmicComet
It compares in the sense that both are total, and thus cancel each other out.

(There was a multiverse in Fawcett's universe as well by the way.)

Outside of the implication of being erased by the writer (this was a possible consequence in one of the stories), the Golden Age Marvels were completely indestructible.

ares834
No. He dies. Still CM is invulnerable enough to withstand anything SS can throw at him.

NemeBro
No.

Beyonder casually, effortlessly, and nonchalantly wins this.

With a casual slap he could shatter a force field powered by billions of universes put up by the Molecule Man.

"Surviving hurdur Infinity" doesn't mean shit to someone who can snuff out universes by thinking too hard.

CosmicComet
He does not die.

PR Beyonder is not writer level.

That's what was implied to be necessary to destroy a Golden Age Marvel.

NemeBro
PR Beyonder is not writer level. Jim Shooter would disagree actually.

Prep-Man
It all depends on the writer, tbh. It's anyones guess whether or not Billy can surivive BR Beyonders attacks.

Prep-Man
It compares in the sense that both are total, and thus cancel each other out.

(There was a multiverse in Fawcett's universe as well by the way.)

Outside of the implication of being erased by the writer (this was a possible consequence in one of the stories), the Golden Age Marvels were completely indestructible.

Wow, I didn't know this. That's pretty hardcore if only the writer can erase a Marvel.

CosmicComet
Originally posted by Prep-Man
Wow, I didn't know this. That's pretty hardcore if only the writer can erase a Marvel.

Even still, it was never actually tested.

In one of the stories, someone got a hold of some giant eraser, belonging to the writer, and the question posed by the narration was whether the indestructible Captain Marvel could survive even this.

Captain Marvel didn't feel like testing that theory. lol. So the guy was disarmed.

Prep-Man
Do you remember some other CM feats of durability? I'd like to hear some I haven't heard before.

NemeBro
Even still, it was never actually tested.

In one of the stories, someone got a hold of some giant eraser, belonging to the writer, and the question posed by the narration was whether the indestructible Captain Marvel could survive even this.

Captain Marvel didn't feel like testing that theory. lol. So the guy was disarmed. Ah, so "I wonder if the writer's eraser could take them out" becomes "Only the writer's eraser could possibly take them out nothing else nuh uh".

You hide your no-limits fallacies well.

Prep-Man
What showings did Billy have of being harmed?

CosmicComet
Originally posted by NemeBro
Ah, so "I wonder if the writer's eraser could take them out" becomes "Only the writer's eraser could possibly take them out nothing else nuh uh".

You hide your no-limits fallacies well.

I was under the impression, that you were a passable reader over the years I've know you.

There is no 'no limits fallacy' here. The worst thing that could possibly happen within the universe (being forced into a pitch black void that is as such because matter cannot exist there at all), happened, and it did nothing. Accompanied by the specific narration for that feat calling them completely indestructible as credit to their survival.

smile

Nihilist
PR Byonder was "writer level" he was basically Jim Shooter

CosmicComet
Originally posted by Prep-Man
Do you remember some other CM feats of durability? I'd like to hear some I haven't heard before.

Like I told you a couple of years back, I was compiling a list, and then my entire harddrive (along with all my fawcett books) got corrupted.

Some other lesser things off the top of my head though were no selling some total-anti-matter ray gun, flying back and forth through blackholes without problem, being unaffected by point blank planet explosions and stuff.

Nihilist
Like I told you a couple of years back, I was compiling a list, and then my entire harddrive (along with all my fawcett books) got corrupted.

Some other lesser things off the top of my head though were no selling some total-anti-matter ray gun, flying back and forth through blackholes without problem, being unaffected by point blank planet explosions and stuff. Thats weak sauce compared to the beyonder, he tanked a blast that would have slagged billions of dimensions whilst putting limitations on himself

CosmicComet
Yes, I know.

That's why I said 'lesser'. I was simply answering a question.

Anyway, if PR Beyonder was indeed meant to be writer level, he may destroy him.

NemeBro
I was under the impression, that you were a passable reader over the years I've know you.

Well good, I do indeed possess a reading comprehension and keen intellect vastly out of reach for men such as you.

"Possibly happen" lol.

Beyonder can collapse universes into nothing... Accidently. He is infinitely more powerful than the enchantment giving him his power, and can pew pew the Multiverse into nothingness.

Yet you seem to believe being forced into a pitch black void where matter can't exist is beyond someone who can do that on a multi-universal level by thinking?

It's a no-limits fallacy.

CosmicComet
Well good, I do indeed possess a reading comprehension and keen intellect vastly out of reach for men such as you.

"Possibly happen" lol.

Beyonder can collapse universes into nothing... Accidently. He is infinitely more powerful than the enchantment giving him his power, and can pew pew the Multiverse into nothingness.

Yet you seem to believe being forced into a pitch black void where matter can't exist is beyond someone who can do that on a multi-universal level by thinking?

It's a no-limits fallacy.

So basically, what you're saying is, PR Beyonder can create what Infinity already is.

Guess that means Cap can survive him.

Infinity, hence the name, is already as total as it gets. There is a multiverse in the Fawcett-verse. And then there is Infinity, outside of it, where matter cannot exist at all, and yet the Marvel family can, due specifically to their 'total indestructibility', as per the narration.

leonidas
this argument is hilarious. if this supposed showdown were written in the 1940s cm would likely survive. as would superman. seriously. what exactly makes anyone think these nonsensical showings can translate to today? cm once fought a guy named mr atom. he was supposedly the greatest foe he ever battled. he got his power from the 'atom' and this gave him the power 'of the universe'.

the stuff was done as vaudeville--pure entertainment with no conception of 'scientific' accuracy. those times were silly, where the heroes battled villains with tommy guns as well as beings with the 'universe of power'. the stories barely made sense, and terminology was used because it 'sounded cool'. the feats can NOT be compared to today because they are nonsensical and driven by plot.

cm wins because the plot--and the times--needed the hero to win every time.

zopzop
Even PR Beyonder seems to have his limits :
http://i90.photobucket.com/albums/k247/Jmast7/TimeLoop.jpg

Mindset
That doesn't even make sense.

Ofc he could survive the destruction of time.

NemeBro
PR Beyonder exists outside of any Marvel timeline, above and beyond it.

The notion that the destruction of the timeline is a threat to him is the dumbest mother****ing thing I've ever heard, short of everything Mindset says.

zopzop
PR Beyonder exists outside of any Marvel timeline, above and beyond it.

The notion that the destruction of the timeline is a threat to him is the dumbest mother****ing thing I've ever heard, short of everything Mindset says.

Yeah, well there it is on panel. That was PR Beyonder unsure of whether he could survive the destruction of time itself.

Mindset
Tbf, he was unsure of a lot.

Mindset
Btw, who is Nemebro, and why does he think he can use my name?

NemeBro
Your worst nightmare.

Mindset
You're Bruce's strap on?

Mr Master
Originally posted by zopzop

Yeah, well there it is on panel.
That was PR Beyonder
unsure of whether he could survive the destruction of time itself.
Which means less than nothing good friend.

Beyonder wasn't sure he could re-create Death, and we know how that went.

That aside, that is incredible dumbshit
cause Beyonder existed outside the Multiverse's Timestream,
and indeed during the saga popped out of the Multiverse and went to the Beyond Realm.

Unless they meant his physical form,
which wasn't without limits as he made it so.

Beyonder was going to use the Mkraan Crystal to shatter his form,
therefore allowing him to return to the Beyond Realm in his natural state,
rather than do it consciously forcing him to retain his memory of Earth.

Point is, due to Beyonder limiting himself, the body he made for himself
was not absolutely invulnerable.

But to suggest that Beyonder cannot survive without Eternity/Infinity, or their destruction,
is ridiculous to say the least,
especially since we know he was going to erase Eternity at any given time.

I say it was just the writer being dramatic, and he was smart to use, "I don't know"
Remember sometimes Beyonder had uber genius,
other times goofy is in the house.

I don't blame them,
they had to make the concept of God visiting Earth stretch across 51 issues.

PIS and CIS were gonna show up by inevitability, not intention.

Glorificus
The way I think of PR Beyonder's power and durability is: everything in Marvel combined - 616, Ultimate Marvel, movies, TV shows, etc. is akin to a drop of water as PR Beyonder is akin to a vast ocean.

cdtm
The Fawcett Marvel family's best durability feat is existing in Infinity. A completely pitch black void existing outside the universe where matter cannot exist at all.

Sivana and his kids forced them into the void, thinking it would destroy them, turns out, they were completely fine and unharmed. Then they figured a way out. The narration specifically said its because of their complete indestructibility that they survived with no harm.

Yet he was KOed by Pre Crisis Superman.

I guess that means PC Supes causes more damage than Infinity. smile

KingD19
PC Supes probably did.

Endless Mike
Originally posted by Mr Master
Which means less than nothing good friend.

Beyonder wasn't sure he could re-create Death, and we know how that went.

That aside, that is incredible dumb
cause Beyonder existed outside the Multiverse's Timestream,
and indeed during the saga popped out of the Multiverse and went to the Beyond Realm.

Unless they meant his physical form,
which wasn't without limits as he made it so.

Beyonder was going to use the Mkraan Crystal to shatter his form,
therefore allowing him to return to the Beyond Realm in his natural state,
rather than do it consciously forcing him to retain his memory of Earth.

Point is, due to Beyonder limiting himself, the body he made for himself
was not absolutely invulnerable.

But to suggest that Beyonder cannot survive without Eternity/Infinity, or their destruction,
is ridiculous to say the least,
especially since we know he was going to erase Eternity at any given time.

I say it was just the writer being dramatic, and he was smart to use, "I don't know"
Remember sometimes Beyonder had uber genius,
other times goofy is in the house.

I don't blame them,
they had to make the concept of God visiting Earth stretch across 51 issues.

PIS and CIS were gonna show up by inevitability, not intention.

So what do you think about this thread's scenario?

Mr Master
Originally posted by Endless Mike

So what do you think about this thread's scenario?
I don't know much about CM.

Still, if he can resist pre-retcon Beyonder's full power,
he's resisting millions of Marvel Prime MultiverseS exploding simultaneously in his face.

That's millions of Living Tribunals + millions of every other abstract & being in Marvel.

CosmicComet
Originally posted by cdtm
Yet he was KOed by Pre Crisis Superman.

I guess that means PC Supes causes more damage than Infinity. smile

Not under Fawcett.

Not to mention, CM was explicitly weakened in Superman's universe, or whatever, being further away from his Gods or something.

JakeTheBank
Beyonder obliterates him. erm

cdtm
Not under Fawcett.

Not to mention, CM was explicitly weakened in Superman's universe, or whatever, being further away from his Gods or something.

True, being outside his universe made him weaker. Or at least made him weaken over time, where in his home universe he'd be at full power constantly, like if Superman fought near a yellow sun.

The thing is, has he ever really been tested? Adam could never hurt him, nor could he hurt Adam, but their fights were never the knock down, drag out affairs his one major Pre Crisis fight with Superman was.

Once DC got the character, it looked like even within his own universe, Cap was becoming more vulnerable. Supergirl knocked him around a little in Crisis on Infinite Earths.

quanchi112
Beyonder stomps the whole pc universe.

leonidas
infinite fallacy. that's why feats don't and can't translate.

KingD19
Just putting this out there. There is only one Living Tribunal. He is multiversal.

DTM
PR Beyonder hits PC CM with one billionth of his full power and atomizes him. To me, thinking PC CM (or PC Superman) can take anything remotely close to what PR Beyonder can dish out just doesnt make any sense.

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.