Bad yet successful movies. Name 1... or 2!

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.

helmania
Well, few months ago I rented Planet of the Apes to see what the big deal was about. For about 1 hours I was in sheer anger, I wanted to go back to blockbuster and request my money back. The movie is straight garbage, and how it became #1 when it came out, I cannot understand.

Then the list goes on to Tomb Raider, Dare Devil,(it was OK) and StarWars.

PS: Between me and you, I think Jason Vs Fredie might suck because the director does not know the characters real well. He intends to bring a new style to the duo on screen. Am I the only 1 whose afraid.

BackFire349
gladiator.

Thomas H
artificial inteligence

Asami
Thomas I liked AI!!!
Teddy!!!

Augeybana
Titanic,it was boring until the ship sunk a Leo died.

mah
The Matrix. sure it's all kewl, but its boring as hell

Thomas H
what???????????????????????????????

mah
its boring. passable the first time, sleeping medicine when rewatching it

Mujaffa
well then we have to reload itevil face

Thomas H
or maybe have a revelution??big grin

Dexx
damn...someone stole titanic from me.
matrix is ok.....even just for the cgis
let's see....u want boring, very bad, and successful?..english pacient

Augeybana
Austin Powers 3, 1 and 2 were the funniest but in this movie I only laugh a couple of times,it was Austin powers 2 but much bigger thats it I didn't find that Goldmember funny,or Beyonce character funny or even Micheal Cain character funny.

Obsessed
I loved that movie!

I would say the two newer Star Wars.

Gtspacekid
Uhhhhhhhhhh il make a list :
the lost world
star wars (the very very first movies)
jurasic park all
lotr 1(kinda)
awakenings
crazy streets
titanic
the new guy(was kool but kinda boring in some parts)

finti
I thought Schindlers List and Castaway sucked

Ushgarak
Ok, I hope you guys realise this has now become a thread of naming films other people like and saying you hate them.

I'm not entirely sure I like this idea...

finti
the topic was bad yet succsessful movies, we must be free to express our opinion on this regardless if others like the movie or not.
I know a lot of people thinks the world of Schindlers List and Castaway but to me they were boring as hell and I must be allowed to say so

Captain REX
I hate it when people start bashing the films I like and I can't do anything about it because then people hate me... mad

Helmania bashed Star Wars...

*fires shotgun*

Finti bashed Castaway...well, the ending sucked...

*takes out flamethrower but aims away from Fint because he's too fun to fry and he'd dissect me with his axe* big grin

Gtspacekid bashed LOTR...

*fires flamethrower*

BackFire bashed Gladiator...

*uses taser mildly*

Mah bashed Matrix...confusing film but cool over all...

*uses taser mildly again*

And...that's it.

*detonates atom bomb and sends in soldiers with machine guns just for the hell of it and takes over movie industry*

Okay, my anger is spent. Humor me, I've had a boring day and I don't wanna sit here and talk about movies that bore people, especially ones I like.

Gtspacekid
*gets a flame thrower and fries Captain REX's but and chases him around*

What goes around comes around.....

Captain REX
*pulls out nuclear bomb*

Don't make me use this...

Just so ya know I'm not mad at anybody, just stating my opinion. smile

finti
back to the movies guys

Ushgarak
Well, I am just not sure I like such an overtly negative thread. I am keeping a close eye on this one.

GordonSkywalker
Would Cheech and Chong movies count? They are successful(on some level, I suppose) but are really bad. They made like six or seven of them, and they should have stopped after the first one.

Augeybana
Home alone 1 and 2, 2 was better but it was only funny when I was a kid now I hardly laugh I hate movies like that.

Augeybana
Men in black two wasn't that funny.There making a 3 but I hope it's better than the 2 one.That pug should get an oscar

GordonSkywalker
What about Independence Day? I watched that at a friend's house once. Or what about Mars Attacks! Both follow the same type of aliens coming to America formulae.

Augeybana
Independence day was better but Mars attacks! was a movie that had many celebrites(even not so famous)getting killed left and right.It was just to boring for me.

GordonSkywalker
But at least they had the perfect First Family. Jack Nicholsan as the President and Natalie Portman as his daugter! And James Earl Jones makes an appearance as the General,also!

Augeybana
Yeah thats true but I'll agree that not like all films this one had alot of celebrites for one whole film

Ushgarak
Mars Attacks was a spoof, of course.

GordonSkywalker
Of course.

ToMacco
You know what? All big budget movies now adays suck. Hollywood is more concerned with making money, than making a good movie.

But stupid people keep going to stupid movies, so they will keep making them.

mah
all big budget movies suck nowadays? well that aint exactly right

Thomas H
for once I agree with mah...

ToMacco
You know what I mean, I of course didn't mean ALL of them do.

Thomas H
ohhh yes you did....big grin

Dejio
Titanic is one movie which made millions, but I can't truly understand why?

First, The whole sinking boat thing is only interesting when the actual sinking is happening. This leaves 3/4 of the movie pretty unexciting. Once you've seen it, you don't really want to see it again.

Second, the supposedly love story in the movie is not all that romantic. Come on, what's romantic about cheating your man. At least have the decency to tell him you don't love him anymore before you look for someone else. She even makes love on the first date. Tramp.

Lastly, I couldn't believe this movie topped the charts when it doesn't really cater to people of all ages. specially kids. Top grossers normally cater to the family.

But alas, it is no. 1.
It's probably all the hype surrounding it.

Augeybana
Im mean the sinking of the ship was cool but lucky I saw the whole thing on video(I left after 2 hoursin the theters)

Thomas H
Titanic is actually the higest grossing movie ever!

finti
Wyat Earp with Kevin Costner was a bad one

Thomas H
sure was!

Gtspacekid
Ahahhahahahaha that wont work on me Im the terminator*takes out cell phone* what will happen if someone uses a nuclear bomb at me? aaaaaaaaahhhhhhhh *Runs away*

Sorry i havent been on in a long time..... :P no im back and i will bring chaos evil face nah just kidding big grin

kira

Augeybana
Yeah Titanic sucked just like Pearl Harbor the last 45 min were good.

Thomas H
Pearl Harbor rocked!

Bad Boy
yup

finti
it was boring

GordonSkywalker
Didn't like Titanic or Pearl Harbour.

Thomas H
what, your life?

Fire
Pearl Harbour
All austin powers movies
All jim carey movies
Planet of the apes
xXx (never seen it but pretty sure I would think that)
Oceans eleven
Bad boys
Jurassic Park III
and well I'll find others if you gimme a while

Thomas H
Do you seriously dont like Dumb And Dumber??

GordonSkywalker
One of my old pals is in love with that movie. Or was back when he was still in the army.........

Thomas H
what army?

finti
salvation army big grin

Thomas H
zzzzzzzz

Mujaffa
wake up!!!!!!!!!!!!!!1

Thomas H
rage against the machine?

Fire
well yes I can seriously say I do not like dumb and dumber

Thomas H
nuts!

Fire
Well I call it having a decent taste of humour

Thomas H
well, dumb and dumber is very funny!

Fire
well I dont think so

Thomas H
I think so--

Julie
mee toooo

finti
it was great fun

turin
dumb and dumber is a classic in the gross out bust your gut humor genre (excuse spelling?). two movies i really disliked that did well were the men in black films. i like starwars but i hate all those goofy stupid looking aliens and men in black was full of them. dont get me wrong i really enjoyed the star wars movies i just dont like the vast variety of dumb lookin aliens.

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.