Black Bolt vs. DCnU Superman

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.

Sixth_Winged
Black Bolt vs. current DCnU Superman

Fight takes place in a deserted genosha.

carver9
Black Bolt stomps.

Blight
I'm going to go with Blackbolt for now.

kendostick3
Earlier I might of went with BB

Right now Superman is physically stronger than all of Marvel's power houses combined. Black Bolt doesn't have a chance

Superman was also confirmed to be FTL in Redhood and the Outlaws

The only two people that are stronger than Superman right now in either company are Darkseid and Helspont and that's because theey've physically outmuscled him already. No one in Marvel comes close though

Estacado
Vulcan beat Bb h2h.Clark does the same.

yaadaveyaa
no one comes close in marvel? r u stupid? or just a dc fanboy who refuses to believe anything in marvel is as good? at least your not bias but i will take supes in the fight NOT because hes stronger then everyone in marvel but i do not think BB can do enough damage to slow supes down

Lord Feron
BB

CosmicComet
Superman.

Easily.

abhilegend
Superman. He is stronger than typical marvel top tiers.

-Pr-
Black Bolt for now, but not easily.

Philosophía
Originally posted by -Pr-
Black Bolt for now, but not easily. Stop being cautious. You and I both know that he already has the feats to beat the utter shit out of Black Bolt.

He's been consistently shown and stated to be the most powerful hero on Earth. In the last two months, alone, he's bench-pressed the Earth , speedblitzed his cousin, flew faster than light , used his senses solar-system wide overpassing advanced alien tech cloaking systems, and more. If we take all of the other showings, then he has super-cells and invulnerability capable of ignoring telekinesis and overcoming a tesseract exploding in his brain , speed and brain capacity that allows him to read every medical book in history etc.

Anybody else, those feats would be cherry picks from their career, with which they'd be argued for in threads. For Superman? What he's been flexing the last few months.

-Pr-
I think I missed some of those feats. I'll have to re-read, some.

CosmicComet
He didn't just read every medical book. He specifically said he read every medical text ever written. That includes digital databases and archives on medical texts as well.

It just a few apparent seconds. It was a helluva speed feat.

Golgo13
I can't wait for Majestic to show and give him a real workout.

Yeaaaahhhh!

juggerman

8swords
BB, supes sonar(or radar not sure) hearing will be his problem

Villelater
i also say Blackbolt because Superman's cartoony feats don't mean much to me...really guys in DC universe science don't mean much...

CosmicComet
So BlackBolt wins because he can't match feats?

LOL.

Villelater
no he wins because some feats are done... writers pretend they never happened or used them for basis

JakeTheBank
You're asking for a verbal speedblitz.

Villelater
ah heck with it...you DC fans can't see cartoonish feats when you see them...why bother arguing? it will only make me look bad...which i already do...go ahead show me his greatest Earth only feats...with no involvement with space or moving planets...go ahead make my day

yaadaveyaa
LOL ^ im not quite sure what your sayin some feats are done writers pretend they never happened and used them for basis?

JakeTheBank
Originally posted by Villelater
ah heck with it...you DC fans can't see cartoonish feats when you see them...why bother arguing? it will only make me look bad...which i already do...go ahead show me his greatest Earth only feats...with no involvement with space or moving planets...go ahead make my day

http://keithandthemovies.files.wordpress.com/2012/04/dirty-harry1.jpg

SquallX
i also say Blackbolt because Superman's cartoony feats don't mean much to me...really guys in DC universe science don't mean much...

Right, and a guy that screams using his voice as an amplifier and able to level a city is not cartoony?

Slaanesh
Supes..

carver9
Black Bolt. Even though Superman have amazing fts outside of battle, his battle fts aren't that impressive at all. Black Bolt wins but it will not be easy.

Mindset
Originally posted by SquallX
Right, and a guy that screams using his voice as an amplifier and able to level a city is not cartoony? No.

quanchi112
Originally posted by abhilegend
Superman. He is stronger than typical marvel top tiers. Space cheese now matters only when it comes to Superman. And no he isn't.

abhilegend
Originally posted by quanchi112
Space cheese now matters only when it comes to Superman. And no he isn't.
laughing out loud

quanchi112
laughing out loud Some people laugh when they are embarrassed so learn from your mistakes so you can grow.

-Pr-

You don't actually read DC, do you.

Originally posted by carver9
Black Bolt. Even though Superman have amazing fts outside of battle, his battle fts aren't that impressive at all. Black Bolt wins but it will not be easy.

His battle feats are fine. Not that you'd know that, seeing as you don't read his comics, but still.

abhilegend
Some people laugh when they are embarrassed so learn from your mistakes so you can grow. Originally posted by abhilegend
laughing out loud
You trying to get a response out of me is funny as hell.

DarkSaint85
Originally posted by SquallX
Right, and a guy that screams using his voice as an amplifier and able to level a city is not cartoony?

Reported for lacking a childlike sense of wonder.

quanchi112
You trying to get a response out of me is funny as hell. I just did but one lacking anything resembling an actual point.

abhilegend
I just did but one lacking anything resembling an actual point.
Babbling so early.

quanchi112
Babbling so early. One thing I won't do is hide behind smileys. Face me.

abhilegend
One thing I won't do is hide behind smileys. Face me.
I take no pleasure in beating up people above 70s.

Mindset
I just did but one lacking anything resembling an actual point. Originally posted by quanchi112
One thing I won't do is hide behind smileys. Face me.

Quan is beasting on you right now, Abhi.

Phil isn't here to save you this time.

abhilegend
Originally posted by Mindset

Phil isn't here to save you this time. Originally posted by abhilegend
I take no pleasure in beating up people above 70s.

DarkSaint85
House of El vs the Empire of Thanos.

Huzzah!

pym-ftw
Originally posted by kendostick3
Earlier I might of went with BB

Right now Superman is physically stronger than all of Marvel's power houses combined. Black Bolt doesn't have a chance

Superman was also confirmed to be FTL in Redhood and the Outlaws

The only two people that are stronger than Superman right now in either company are Darkseid and Helspont and that's because theey've physically outmuscled him already. No one in Marvel comes close though
Wow, please don't make blanket statements, there are far stronger characters in both unverses...

JakeTheBank
Originally posted by Mindset

Phil isn't here to save you this time.

lmao

pym-ftw
Bolt imho as of now

abhilegend
Originally posted by pym-ftw
Wow, please don't make blanket statements, there are far stronger characters in both unverses...
Name a few in herald category.Originally posted by pym-ftw
Bolt imho as of now
No. Bolt is weaker, slower, less durable and his only chance is the whisper which superman can easily dodge. He isn't winning this.

pym-ftw
Blackbolt can shield himself from superman while blocking solar rays from getting to superman...

It's just one option, plus the sonic scream isn't sound based its based on disrupting electrons in front of him by talking ...

abhilegend
Originally posted by pym-ftw
Blackbolt can shield himself from superman while blocking solar rays from getting to superman...

It's just one option, plus the sonic scream isn't sound based its based on disrupting electrons in front of him by talking ...
Shields which are going to get broken by superman and good luck trying to beat superman by stopping solar energies reaching to him. He bench-pressed earth's weight without getting solar energies for 5 days.

It is sound based. Sue has disrupted his voice by drawing air away from him and as a baby Inhumans made him a soundproof chamber so that his voice does no harm.

Mindset
How does his voice work in space?

abhilegend
The same way people talk in space. Even if his voice is electron-based, it wouldn't work in space.

Mindset
People don't talk in space.

abhilegend
In comics even aquaman does.

Mindset
Aquaman isn't people.

abhilegend
Yeah, he is half-fish.

Mindset
So we both agree that I'm right.

abhilegend
No.

Mindset
OK, so we are in agreement with my rightness.

You're pretty tight butthole tonight, bro. thumb up

abhilegend
No.

Mindset
So you have a loose butthole.

quanchi112
Shields which are going to get broken by superman and good luck trying to beat superman by stopping solar energies reaching to him. He bench-pressed earth's weight without getting solar energies for 5 days.

It is sound based. Sue has disrupted his voice by drawing air away from him and as a baby Inhumans made him a soundproof chamber so that his voice does no harm. Tha tfeat doesn't hold an ywater against his foes nor will it here. You can praise the space cheese all you want but it simply doesn't carry over.

quanchi112
I take no pleasure in beating up people above 70s. I will not sit idly by while you bash Superman's age. No sirry. Classicaly he's in his mid thirties which is older than I am so you're bashing Superman witghout being smart enough to even realize what it is you're actually doing. Traitor. First Rage and now you. Fairweather fans.

Juntai

Juntai

It is sound based. Sue has disrupted his voice by drawing air away from him and as a baby Inhumans made him a soundproof chamber so that his voice does no harm. Also, although I have yet to see the new Superman use the power, one of Superman's traditional non combat powers is to speak at any vibrational frequency, and the cancelling frequency of any vibrational frequency. wink

Zack Fair
So much jelly.

Mindset
Originally posted by Juntai
thumb up thumb down

-Pr-
Originally posted by Zack Fair
So much jelly.

Golgo13
Is Abih Jellyrobes?

quanchi112
Originally posted by Golgo13
Is Abih Jellyrobes? No, jelly is actually a true Superman fan. Abhi is a pretender to the crown. He's a fad.

JakeTheBank
Shots fired.

CosmicComet
Originally posted by Golgo13
Is Abih Jellyrobes?

Jellyrobes is the most viscious motherphucker that ever lived.

Even Philo seems like less of a psycopathic serial killer in comparison.

Mindset
Phil doesn't seem like a serial killer at all...he's a pedophile.

CosmicComet
a pedophilic serial killer?

Mindset
mmm

Yes.

dmills
Originally posted by CosmicComet

Way back when, before the time of KMC's and Herochats, before broadband connections, there was a Superman fan that went by the handle of "McDonald". He is the progenitor of the philo's, Abhi's and jelly's of this new age.

No, jelly is actually a true Superman fan. Abhi is a pretender to the crown. He's a fad.

Abhi you know he's not gonna stop until you engage him right? Just get it over with mane.

abhilegend
Originally posted by dmills
Way back when, before the time of KMC's and Herochats, before broadband connections, there was a Superman fan that went by the handle of "McDonald". He is the progenitor of the philo's, Abhi's and jelly's of this new age.

Abhi you know he's not gonna stop until you engage him right? Just get it over with mane.
Nah, its much more fun to see him trying to get my attention.

Damborgson
heh

dmills
Nah, its much more fun to see him trying to get my attention.

http://i1215.photobucket.com/albums/cc513/dmills31/no_way.gif

Ok bro. Don't ever say that I never tried to do you a favor.

abhilegend
http://i1215.photobucket.com/albums/cc513/dmills31/no_way.gif

Ok bro. Don't ever say that I never tried to do you a favor stick out tongue I know. Quan is just a joke nowadays.

dmills
I know. Quan is just a joke nowadays.

Just saying brother. I've seen quan troll people across different forums. Once he trolled phil from here to herochat and back again until phil responded lol!

Mindset
Just saying brother. I've seen quan troll people across different forums. Once he trolled phil from here to herochat and back again until phil responded lol! laughing out loud

Philosophía
The best part was that I ignored him for an entire year during that period, and I just slowly watched as his obsession with me escalated.

dmills

abhilegend
Just saying brother. I've seen quan troll people across different forums. Once he trolled phil from here to herochat and back again until phil responded lol!
I know, that's why this is so entertaining.

dmills
Lol.

Anyway DcNu takes it. I'm all for "combat showings" being a big part of the equation and all, but some feats are such that you just have to give way. Not even going into the Earth bench press, the phucker beat long distance teleportation by a comfortable margin. Just there chilling waiting for that group to arrive lol.

Basically he'd have to fight like a complete tool to lose here.

Daredevil1
hmmmmm I think I'll go for DCnU Supes. His power and displayed speed might be to much for BB.

abhilegend
Lol.

Anyway DcNu takes it. I'm all for "combat showings" being a big part of the equation and all, but some feats are such that you just have to give way. Not even going into the Earth bench press, the phucker beat long distance teleportation by a comfortable margin. Just there chilling waiting for that group to arrive lol.

That was quite insane. I don't think anybody short of wally has that kind of speed.

Philosophía
Not being facetious, but since I'm always reading that "combat feats" are what matters most, what sticks out in that regard that makes you say he'd beat the shyt out of Blackbolt? Well, in terms of 'combat feats', he utterly dominated every other hero on Earth, every time they meet, and every time they meet the same opponent . In fact, the villains themselves make a big deal of him being the most powerful one, as they defeat him . Phantom Stranger pointed out that no other hero can stand against a kryptonian native other than Superman . His fight with Green Lantern, Flash and Batman the first time they met speaks for itself. He was blatantly considered the 'big gun' against Darkseid in an assembley including Wonder Woman, Green Lantern and the rest of the Justice League. He treated his cousin, Supergirl, as a kid throwing a temper tantrum, shrugging off her attacks without damage, and then outperformed her against the same opponent, in the arc with the thing which attached itself to his costume. And he also outperformed her against H'el, eventough he lost . He punched a hole in OMAC and with another attack defeated him - OMAC is basically a homage to Hulk. etc.

His combat track record is exceptional.

dmills
That was quite insane. I don't think anybody short of wally has that kind of speed.

Well going off of memory from the scans they were on Pluto and it took them what, 1 minute to reach Earth? Supes was there waiting, so lets say he beat them by half a minute or so. It takes light over 4 hours to reach Pluto from the sun, the Earth to pluto is a shorter distance but were still talking hours for light to reach pluto from Earth. Just to be conservative let's say the group was traveling 100 times the speed of light, and Supes was going double that. Many peeps can replicate the raw speed.

What was so impressive in my eyes at least was everything else that had to go into the feat. Unless the context suggested otherwise, he would have had to track the teleparture signal, calculate where it was going and then plot an intercept course and beat them to the exact location. Comfortably. That would suggest sensory perception that is at or near the top of the food chain.

Not even patronizing you either. That's some Xandarian Worldmind level shyt right there.

abhilegend
Well going off of memory from the scans they were on Pluto and it took them what, 1 minute to reach Earth? Supes was there waiting, so lets say he beat them by half a minute or so. It takes light over 4 hours to reach Pluto from the sun, the Earth to pluto is a shorter distance but were still talking hours for light to reach pluto from Earth. Just to be conservative let's say the group was traveling 100 times the speed of light, and Supes was going double that. Many peeps can replicate the raw speed.

What was so impressive in my eyes at least was everything else that had to go into the feat. Unless the context suggested otherwise, he would have had to track the teleparture signal, calculate where it was going and then plot an intercept course and beat them to the exact location. Comfortably. That would suggest sensory perception that is at or near the top of the food chain.

Not even patronizing you either. That's some Xandarian Worldmind level shyt right there.
That was meant as a figure of speech, I think. I doubt Jason was measuring time while being teleported across the solar system. He also had to have reflexes to track something moving hundreds of times speed of light and that's what makes this feat insane. Raw speed can be equalled here by many peeps, not reflexes though.

Philosophía
Superman is functionally a super-computer, with super-sensory powers.

Just as a random, recent example:

http://i593.photobucket.com/albums/tt19/Max_Eisenhardt/th_supercomputer1.jpghttp://i593.photobucket.com/albums/tt19/Max_Eisenhardt/th_supercomputer2.jpghttp://i593.photobucket.com/albums/tt19/Max_Eisenhardt/th_supercomputer3.jpg

dmills

abhilegend
So now you've got the Combat feats, yoiiu've got the attribute/power set type feats, you've got portrayal and you've got the "just for the hell of it" fan service type shyt to boot. The only thing left now is beating a superior opponent when he's not "supposed to". He gets that, and in a short time he goes from a relative nothing right back to elite top status in what, little over a year?

Phuck you Superman fans. Phuck ya'll right in the arse.
That's what superman does, he is a feat machine. Also expect morrison to give him some UBER feats in his last two issues of Action.

There is still time to join House of El bro.

Philosophía
So now you've got the Combat feats, you've got the attribute/power set type feats, you've got portrayal and you've got the "just for the hell of it" fan service type shyt to boot. The only thing left now is beating a superior opponent when he's not "supposed to". He gets that, and in a short time he goes from a relative nothing right back to elite top status in what, little over a year?

Phuck you Superman fans. Phuck ya'll right in the arse. http://cdn.nextround.net/upcoming/thumbs/2011/04/26/Haters-Gonna-Hate-Superman-Edition-430.jpg

abhilegend
So now you've got the Combat feats, you've got the attribute/power set type feats, you've got portrayal and you've got the "just for the hell of it" fan service type shyt to boot. The only thing left now is beating a superior opponent when he's not "supposed to". He gets that, and in a short time he goes from a relative nothing right back to elite top status in what, little over a year?

To think he was considered beneath classic rogue just a few months back by some people.

laughing out loud

Philosophía
I wish I could find a quote of mine, just before DCnU got underway, in which I said to give it another roughly 2 years and Superman would stack up feats that would be the highlight of other characters' careers.

dmills
That's what superman does, he is a feat machine. Also expect morrison to give him some UBER feats in his last two issues of Action.

There is still time to join House of El bro.

laughing out loud Phuck that! For battle board purposes it's too easy to be a Supes/Surfer/Thor/Hulk fan. I enjoy attempting to turn chicken shyt into chicken salad so to speak. I don't even rep Iron Fist as much anymore because they've turned him into a feat machine at the meta level.

But hey, nothing wrong with admiring the opposition.

But again with regard to Supes, they made him a feat machine without sacrificing much character either. If I had to pick something out I'd say that he seems a bit more arrogant in a way, not Lee "you'd compare them to me?" arrogant. More like "the foolishness of youth" type of arrogance. But that's just me looking from a far and it certainly isn't anything egregious.

Fraction Thor was a beast, but the problem was he didn't resemble "Thor" much at all in the eyes of his fans. At least not in terms of how the character had developed over the years.

vince_slice

Philosophía
Yes.

laughing out loud Phuck that! For battle board purposes it's too easy to be a Supes/Thor/Hulk fan. I enjoy attempting to turn chicken shyt into chicken salad so to speak. I don't even rep Iron Fist as much anymore Fixed.

dmills

Philosophía
thumb up

A competent debater could easily argue that Hulk gets a majority on Thor, without BFR

dmills

Philosophía
The arguments are there , but the way those are presented is comically incompetent.

PillarofOsiris
Superman has displayed a level of strength Black Bolt can't hope to match. In addition his speed feats put any speed feats of BB to shame. Superman should win this quite easily.

Juntai

dmills

PillarofOsiris
Lol.

Not to mention tagged the flash, and reading every medical book ever written in minutes.

dmills

Ever see Photon009? Dat dude had issues. Nova fan or not.

abhilegend

JakeTheBank
That was awfully sweet of you to find that quote. love

abhilegend
Originally posted by JakeTheBank
That was awfully sweet of you to find that quote. love
laughing out loud

dmills
laughing

CosmicComet

Have you read All-Star Superman in its entirety--or maybe seen the animated adaptation?

Even if it wasn't mainstream Superman, you can't help but grow to love the character after that story.

Truth be told, I'm not even a Superman fan for his level of feats--it really is the symbol, he could be at JLU levels forever and still be awesome to me. I can only say I've become re-acquainted with the character and actually becoming an actual fan again within the past few years. The last time I recall being one before that was in elementary school in the 90s, when I watched the Fleischer Cartoon--that was my first exposure to Superman.

But yeah, I had a particularly rough year back in college a few years back, everything was going wrong for me on all ends of life, bad news, disappointments, disillusionment with various things. I can really say getting to know A.S. Superman at the time helped brighten my vision and give me some perspective and hope.

Philosophía
thumb up

Have you read All-Star Superman in its entirety--or maybe seen the animated adaptation?

Even if it wasn't mainstream Superman, you can't help but grow to love the character after that story.

Truth be told, I'm not even a Superman fan for his level of feats--it really is the symbol, he could be at JLU levels forever and still be awesome to me. I can only say I've become re-acquainted with the character and actually becoming an actual fan again within the past few years. The last time I recall being one before that was in elementary school in the 90s, when I watched the Fleischer Cartoon--that was my first exposure to Superman.

But yeah, I had a particularly rough year back in college a few years back, everything was going wrong for me on all ends of life, bad news, disappointments, disillusionment with various things. I can really say getting to know A.S. Superman at the time helped brighten my vision and give me some perspective and hope. Generally, I've come to see that people start appreciating Superman as they get older and get some perspective. Up until that point, the only reason many seem to like the character is because he was "badass there" and superficialities like that, or not like him at all with the "the boring boyscout" points of view.

TheGodKiller
Fraction Thor was a beast, but the problem was he didn't resemble "Thor" much at all in the eyes of his fans. At least not in terms of how the character had developed over the years.
The irony of this is that Fraction's Thor was more in line with his mythological portrayal than the normal comic book Thor. It hurts to see it from that perspective(along with the fact that Thor got some of his best power/combat feats during the era of Thor-jobbing, under Fraction).

dmills
Originally posted by TheGodKiller
The irony of this is that Fraction's Thor was more in line with his mythological portrayal than the normal comic book Thor. It hurts to see it from that perspective(along with the fact that Thor got some of his best power/combat feats during the era of Thor-jobbing, under Fraction).

True. But it was a jolt from what the readership had become accustomed to and if we're honest, superfluous.

But yeah, I had a particularly rough year back in college a few years back, everything was going wrong for me on all ends of life, bad news, disappointments, disillusionment with various things. I can really say getting to know A.S. Superman at the time helped brighten my vision and give me some perspective and hope.

As of now I've only seen the animated adaptation. Ironically enough, I started giving Superman a fresh look after somebody posted scans of Superman dissecting The Elite with surgical precision and that caught my eye. So that sort of started it all. But just on a personal level I've always liked characters who I feel would give everything they've got to save someone, even if they must stand alone against overwhelming odds and in turn inspire their peers to give their all with him and his enemies to respect him.

So to summarize.

Not just a muscle head. An extremely smart and underrated battle tactician.

Inspires his peers and commands respect from his rivals

Will give his life for a greater good. Even when the odds are against him. You just get a sense that somehow some way, he'll pull it off.

Superman is and has been for a long time what my favorite character Nova eventually grew into. Characteristically they have more in common then a lot of Supes fans think.

comicfan11
(Nu) Supes ftw

quanchi112
I know. Quan is just a joke nowadays. You're so widely respected nowadays and generally considered to be above reproach, amirite ? Or is that sarcasm ?

There is still time to join House of El bro. All top tier heroes with a monthly series are feat machines.

-Pr-
Few have had the concentration Reboot Superman has had.

quanchi112
Few have had the concentration Reboot Superman has had. Most heroes don't have the number of monthly appearances Superman has.

-Pr-
Most heroes don't have the number of monthly appearances Superman has.

Plenty do, and they still don't have the feats per issues situation that current Superman has.

quanchi112
Plenty do, and they still don't have the feats per issues situation that current Superman has. Such as ?

-Pr-
Such as ?

Thor, Hulk as of late, Green Lanterns and Flashes, etc.

quanchi112
Thor, Hulk as of late, Green Lanterns and Flashes, etc. Thor has incredible feats as does the Hulk. How many monthly books is Thor/Kyle/Hal/Flash in compared to Superman ?

-Pr-
Thor has incredible feats as does the Hulk. How many monthly books is Thor/Kyle/Hal/Flash in compared to Superman ?

Thor is in his own book plus I think two Avengers books. Kyle is in one. Hal is in two at least. As is Flash. Superman is in three.

The gap isn't that wide. Even before the reboot, Superman was never getting the concentration of feats per issue that he is now.

quanchi112
Thor is in his own book plus I think two Avengers books. Kyle is in one. Hal is in two at least. As is Flash. Superman is in three.

The gap isn't that wide. Even before the reboot, Superman was never getting the concentration of feats per issue that he is now. How many books is Superman in per month ? To me I never judged based on feats I judge based on peer by peer comparison.

-Pr-
How many books is Superman in per month ? To me I never judged based on feats I judge based on peer by peer comparison.

I just said. Three.

And lol, sure you do.

Philosophía
How many books is Superman in per month ? Ever since the reboot, less than Thor.

Wanna compare their portrayals ever since?

quanchi112

-Pr-
Oh, haha. I do. I don't go crazy over earth shattering feats. Tis different since there was a reboot.

Unless they're by a character you like.

quanchi112
Unless they're by a character you like. Give me an example of me ramming home a feat done by a quan favorite character.

-Pr-
Give me an example of me ramming home a feat done by a quan favorite character.

lol. I'm not falling for that. I'll post an example and you'll fob it off like you usually do.

Why waste time?

and I'm sure you'll reply with something pointless like "concession accepted".

quanchi112
lol. I'm not falling for that. I'll post an example and you'll fob it off like you usually do.

Why waste time?

and I'm sure you'll reply with something pointless like "concession accepted". Well, let's take the Sentry for instance. I never went crazy that he was wrecking planets against Photon. I did think the Sentry standing toe to toe with Photon was very impressive though due to how powerful he was.

-Pr-
So we're just supposed to forget the "he'll only die if he wants to" stuff?

quanchi112
So we're just supposed to forget the "he'll only die if he wants to" stuff? He didn't develop those powers until after the Photon fight.

-Pr-
shrug

So, any chance you're going to get back on topic?

h1a8
How many books is Superman in per month ? To me I never judged based on feats I judge based on peer by peer comparison.

The only way to compare characters across companies is through their nature feats. That is how we know who is a peer to whom from Marvel to D.C.

iceman24567
shrug

So, any chance you're going to get back on topic? LOL

quanchi112
shrug

So, any chance you're going to get back on topic? BB wins.Originally posted by h1a8
The only way to compare characters across companies is through their nature feats. That is how we know who is a peer to whom from Marvel to D.C. I disagree. It doesn't take a rocket scientist to know Thor, Superman, Black Adam are all peers.

CosmicComet
You can only come to that conclusion by comparing feats.

Not some guessing game.

quanchi112
You can only come to that conclusion by comparing feats.

Not some guessing game. We know by how they stack up against characters in their weight class. Feats do factor in but just because Gladiator shattered a planet with his fists that doesn't make him out of Surfer or Thor's weight class.

CosmicComet
Gladiator, Thor and Surfer share the same universe.

Cross-Company is different. You have no fights to compare things on. Only feats.

quanchi112
Gladiator, Thor and Surfer share the same universe.

Cross-Company is different. You have no fights to compare things on. Only feats. I know the crossover isn't allowed on the forum but it was considered canon for dc and I believe marvel as well. Thor and Superman were going toe to toe. You can just use feats I know people do I think it's personally foolish. Most of these feats are astronomical and never changes their overall standing.

abhilegend
That was a superman who has been retconned out of existence. Nice try but no. Also that comic made clear superman was superior to thor who in turn is superior to black bolt.

quanchi112
That was a superman who has been retconned out of existence. Nice try but no. Also that comic made clear superman was superior to thor who in turn is superior to black bolt. The comic made it clear they were peers and it was a close contest. The writer even confirmed it could have gone either way.

abhilegend
It wasn't a close contest in any way or form. Superman was a clear superior to thor. Its pointless to argue with you though.

quanchi112
It wasn't a close contest in any way or form. Superman was a clear superior to thor. Its pointless to argue with you though. The writer stated it to me on his own message board. You even reference Busiek's comments in another thread but here you distance yourself from them. Superman's own dialogue make it clear how close the fight was. You ignore everything in the comic and said by the writer.

-Pr-
Guys, shut up about JLA Avengers.

Second, we go by feats and by face to face confrontations equally.

Golgo13
Guys, shut up about JLA Avengers.

Second, we go by feats and by face to face confrontations equally.

thumb up It's all about the feats.

pym-ftw
Canon feats

dmills
That was a superman who has been retconned out of existence. Nice try but no. Also that comic made clear superman was superior to thor who in turn is superior to black bolt.

Well that kills two birds with one stone. If that Supes has been retconned out of existence then we shouldn't be seeing feats from that era used in threads. Also, it makes the JLA/Avengers argument about whether it's canon or not a moot point. So Thorbags have nothing to fear eek!

PillarofOsiris
Superman wins easily.

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.