Sphinx vs Thanos

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.

carver9
Sphinx with the stone vs Thanos.

Who wins? No bfring.

TheGodKiller
Does Thanos have any prep or any additional resources at his disposal ?

dmills
Sphinx.

Batman-Prime
Sphinx

rotiart
Personally I'd find sphinx to be sky father level with just one ka stone.

Which means thanos loses.

dmills
Originally posted by rotiart
Personally I'd find sphinx to be sky father level with just one ka stone.

Which means thanos loses.

thumb up

quanchi112
Clearly Thanos.

Sr J-Bieb
Maybe Sphinx with the Worldmind and stone, but what has Sphinx done on Thanos' level in combat with the stone?

dmills
Originally posted by Sr J-Bieb
Maybe Sphinx with the Worldmind and stone, but what has Sphinx done on Thanos' level in combat with the stone?

I think Sphinx can be classified depending on how one views the post Xandar/Skrull war stuff.

1) classic Sphinx
2) post WM upgrade Sphinx

The issue is whether or not he retained the WM power/knowledge after his defeat at the hands of Galactus, or not. I lean towards he did based on him being able to do a myriad of things that he was never shown to be able to do prior to the amp:

Time/Reality alteration, Creating dimensional pockets or planets (or whatever the hell that was in Nova) able to travel interstellar distances or remove or move others throughout time with a thought etc.

Prior to the WM amp dude got worked by the King and was left stranded a moon because he was unable to traverse the vacuum of space unaided. He did however display matter manipulation, telepathy, strength, invulnerability etc. But nowhere near the level of his post Galactus stuff.

As for combat feats, outside of Galactus he has never had to fight anyone of Thanos' calibre. However in terms of portrayal and power level/set he is a bit above Thanos imo. I mean supposedly Meryet only had half of his power but it was still enough to warp 616 Earth, merc most of It's heroes and then change it all back once she was persuaded to.

I will however concede that if we go strictly by fights, then Thanos would win. He's simply fought more powerful opponents.

Nihilist
Thanos wins, espicially if the likes of Nova can give him a fight 131

dmills
Originally posted by Nihilist
Thanos wins, espicially if the likes of Nova can give him a fight 131

laughing

The sphinx warps reality so that Thanos gets his ass booked by the NYPD over and over again.

Nihilist
Originally posted by dmills
laughing

The sphinx warps reality so that Thanos gets his ass booked by the NYPD over and over again. Thanos withstood the Nexus of reality warping him, that was where all realitys meet(it was shown him resisting over 6 different effect of warping)

dmills
Thanos withstood the Nexus of reality warping him, that was where all realitys meet(it was shown him resisting over 6 different effect of warping)

Ahhh, but you gotta remember that the Sphinx doesn't just warp reality, but time itself, including circumstances down to the minute detail. The things that made Thanos become who/what he is today. So while he may or may not be able to warp Thanos directly, he can warp the stuff that lead to Thanos if he desired. The force block technology, his run in with the Tyrant, him killing his mother, the fight with Odin etc. Anything he ever did to become more powerful is in play.

quanchi112
laughing

The sphinx warps reality so that Thanos gets his ass booked by the NYPD over and over again. So did the Maker. Thanos stomps.

dmills
^^^ I've made this offer to you several times already. Let's BZ it. Although judging from you declaring that Thanos stomps I'm fairly certain I'd have to loan you all of my Sphinx material just to get you up to speed.

Horrificus
Technically, Sphinx is too much for Thanos. He has too many possible ways to win.

Although, record and experience, if taken into account, would lean toward Thanos.

dmills
Originally posted by Horrificus
Technically, Sphinx is too much for Thanos. He has too many possible ways to win.

Although, record and experience, if taken into account, would lean toward Thanos.

That's true to a degree, but Thanos does have some very good showings. The sphinx on the other hand has only really fought Galactus at the level he is currently. Having said that, I just can't think of a single category where Thanos has an advantage here lol. TP? No. Tech? No. Strength? Hell no. Durability? Maybe. Immortality? No. Power set? Hell no.

Edit: just saw your edit lol. I agree. In showings Thanos wins by default.

TheGodKiller
Thanos withstood the Nexus of reality warping him, that was where all realitys meet(it was shown him resisting over 6 different effect of warping)

Didn't he endure the psychological effects of getting his being warped ? I remember clearly that his physical body was getting distorted repeatedly , as he crossed from reality to reality .

Nihilist
Originally posted by TheGodKiller
Didn't he endure the psychological effects of getting his being warped ? I remember clearly that his physical body was getting distorted repeatedly , as he crossed from reality to reality . He stated it was both physical and psychological.

quanchi112
^^^ I've made this offer to you several times already. Let's BZ it. Although judging from you declaring that Thanos stomps I'm fairly certain I'd have to loan you all of my Sphinx material just to get you up to speed. I've read all about the Sphinx and even with his pathetic two ka stones where he fought his younger self. The Sphinx is too much of a dope to challenge Thanos. Anyone who consistently loses to Nova has got to be minor league as opposed major league.

dmills
Originally posted by quanchi112
I've read all about the Sphinx and even with his pathetic two ka stones where he fought his younger self. The Sphinx is too much of a dope to challenge Thanos. Anyone who consistently loses to Nova has got to be minor league as opposed major league.

God this forum can be infuriating at times. So you read a couple of pages in the latest Nova series and think you fully know the character and understand his motivations huh? There's a loooong history between he and Rider. Learn about that and you'll learn why he CHOOSES to allow himself to lose.

Any who, Sphinx turns Thanos into purple flatulence, leaving him to stink up the galaxy for all of eternity.

galactusischere
Thanos imo.

Horrificus
Anyone who consistently loses to Nova has got to be minor league as opposed major league. This is true. And, Sphinx is a fricken loser.

It's like putting a cosmic cube in the hands of Gary Busey.

http://gifsoup.com/webroot/animatedgifs/272853_o.gif

But, how do you factor that into a forum fight?

dmills
This is true. And, Sphinx is a fricken loser.

It's like putting a cosmic cube in the hands of Gary Busey.

http://gifsoup.com/webroot/animatedgifs/272853_o.gif

But, how do you factor that into a forum fight?

laughing out loud

You don't. Him losing to Rider is a mix of both PIS and CIS. New Warriors 47-50 explains why he chooses to allow for his own defeat and It's got nothing to do with the power of his opponents. It's CIS.

Horrificus
laughing out loud Yeah. laughing
That's just not right. I actually feel bad about posting that. hehe.

I'm sure Gary is probably a member in here. So, I'm sorry Gary.
You would do really great things with a cosmic cube. roll eyes (sarcastic)

dmills
Yeah. laughing
That's just not right. I actually feel bad about posting that. hehe.

I'm sure Gary is probably a member in here. So, I'm sorry Gary.
You would do really great things with a cosmic cube. roll eyes (sarcastic)

It irks me that we're like totally dissing on Nova, but its appropriate for the purposes of this thread lol.

abhilegend
God this forum can be infuriating at times. So you read a couple of pages in the latest Nova series and think you fully know the character and understand his motivations huh? There's a loooong history between he and Rider. Learn about that and you'll learn why he CHOOSES to allow himself to lose.

Any who, Sphinx turns Thanos into purple flatulence, leaving him to stink up the galaxy for all of eternity.
Its quan.

quanchi112

dmills

dmills
Ughhh, I keep saying that I have to get on with a Sphinx respect thread. I'm just too lazy to start on it.

quanchi112
I know I know. But phuck man.

Lol, I see what you did there, and if this was a popularity contest you'd actually have somewhat of a relevant point. However seeing as though personal CIS is off in this forum none of that matters. The only thing that matters is how they stack up in a fight, one on one unprepped without bfr. This has nothing to do with popularity. This has to do with competence/intelligence/combat feats/entire history. Thanos would have him turned around sidewise if these two ever locked horns. Sphinx just doesn't stack up. It's no shame losing to marvel's most successful villain of all time.

abhilegend

dmills
This has nothing to do with popularity. This has to do with competence/intelligence/combat feats/entire history. Thanos would have him turned around sidewise if these two ever locked horns. Sphinx just doesn't stack up. It's no shame losing to marvel's most successful villain of all time.

You sure that's how you want to play it?

jalek moye

Don't let Quan get you worked up, he's not worth it.

quanchi112
You sure that's how you want to play it? That's how I played it from the start. I don't think it's close.Originally posted by abhilegend
And? And to what ?

abhilegend
^I'm not interested in your theatrics.

quanchi112
Originally posted by abhilegend
^I'm not interested in your theatrics. Then don't respond to me or about me. Keep it centered on debating. Your responses it's quan and then acting like you want no part of me are getting a bit old.

abhilegend
Then don't respond to me or about me. Keep it centered on debating. Your responses it's quan and then acting like you want no part of me are getting a bit old.
Why would I do that? I'm posting here for less than six months, how can it be old?

quanchi112
Why would I do that? I'm posting here for less than six months, how can it be old? Well you can't have it both ways. To respond about me and then claim you don't want any part of me doesn't make any sense.

abhilegend
Well you can't have it both ways. To respond about me and then claim you don't want any part of me doesn't make any sense.
Why can't I have it both ways? I was just calling out to dmills not to take you seriously, not that I was interested in your theatrics.

quanchi112
Why can't I have it both ways? I was just calling out to dmills not to take you seriously, not that I was interested in your theatrics. Dmills has been on this site longer than you have. If he wants to disagree with me then let him. He's a grown man who doesn't need you telling him what to do.

abhilegend
Dmills has been on this site longer than you have. If he wants to disagree with me then let him. He's a grown man who doesn't need you telling him what to do.
I wasn't telling him to do anything either.

quanchi112
I wasn't telling him to do anything either. You can't take me on. You never had it in you.

abhilegend
You can't take me on. You never had it in you.
I have no interest in picking on weaklings.

quanchi112
I have no interest in picking on weaklings. That's rich coming from you. Nice job on handling WW. laughing out loud

abhilegend
That's rich coming from you. Nice job on handling WW. laughing out loud
Yeah, says the guy who has lost to nvr.

quanchi112
Yeah, says the guy who has lost to nvr. 4 months in is better than 1 year back into comics. I still maintain I won that debate. I am looking forward to your second matchup. Hopefully, you do better. Losing two quick matches in a row might damage a person's psyche.

abhilegend
4 months in is better than 1 year back into comics. I still maintain I won that debate. I am looking forward to your second matchup. Hopefully, you do better. Losing two quick matches in a row might damage a person's psyche. Originally posted by abhilegend
Yeah, says the guy who has lost to nvr.

quanchi112
Best of luck. You will need it.

abhilegend
Best of luck. You will need it.
I certainly don't need your good will. Thanks anyway.

quanchi112
I certainly don't need your good will. Thanks anyway. Well, you're up against the last guy who argued with me in the battlezone. I can't wait to see the outcome.

TheGodKiller
I still maintain I won that debate.

I just finished reading that debate , and I have to admit I was really impressed by both you and nvr . Both of you made excellent points . If I had been a judge , I would have declared it too close to call .

quanchi112
I just finished reading that debate , and I have to admit I was really impressed by both you and nvr . Both of you made excellent points . If I had been a judge , I would have declared have it too close to call . Hmmmmmm. You just read it now ? You just so happened to read through the entire debate. Do you realize how long that would take to pilfer through those scans. I find this all very hard to believe.

abhilegend
Well, you're up against the last guy who argued with me in the battlezone. I can't wait to see the outcome.
I certainly know how Id debates.

quanchi112
I certainly know how Id debates. Who do you think won id and myself's debate ?

TheGodKiller
Hmmmmmm. You just read it now ? You just so happened to read through the entire debate. Do you realize how long that would take to pilfer through those scans. I find this all very hard to believe.

I just finished reading it now . I have been reading it for the last 4 days . I was actually looking for a MrMasterVSGalactisStorm debate that might have taken place(btw , could you tell me if it did take place in the BZ? ) , when I came across yours and decided to read through it . And no , I didn't "pilfer" through 11 pages(or less) worth of scans that you both showed , but I did try NOT to just skim through most of it .

Anyways , I think you're actually a pretty good debater , and use good arguments along with scans to back up your claims/opinions .

And as I said before , both of you made some excellent points . Based on what I read , I'd declare it too close to call(were I a judge) .

quanchi112
I just finished reading it now . I have been reading it for the last 4 days . I was actually looking for a MrMasterVSGalactisStorm debate that might have taken place(btw , could you tell me if it did take place in the BZ? ) , when I came across yours and decided to read through it . And no , I didn't "pilfer" through 11 pages(or less) worth of scans that you both showed , but I did try NOT to just skim through most of it .

Anyways , I think you're actually a pretty good debater , and use good arguments along with scans to back up your claims/opinions .

And as I said before , both of you made some excellent points . Based on what I read , I'd declare it too close to call(were I a judge) . I find this all highly unlikely.

abhilegend
Who do you think won id and myself's debate ?
Nobody. You spammed the thread and Id wasn't interested in the match, so he didn't even posted much to judge anything.

TheGodKiller
I find this all highly unlikely.

OK . You are free to have your opinion . As am I .

quanchi112
Nobody. You spammed the thread and Id wasn't interested in the match, so he didn't even posted much to judge anything. Somebody has to have won the debate. You can't say nobody. You would be the worst judge. You have to pick a winner. Saying someone spammed a thread in which they made a clear case by supporting it through scans is most troubling indeed. I found existere's lack of posts/scans to be enough to settle you off. Based on your logic you spammed the thread also and still lost. Then again if you were a judge you don't even think you have to decide a winner.

laughing out loud

Horrificus
Ughhh, I keep saying that I have to get on with a Sphinx respect thread. I'm just too lazy to start on it. That would be pretty cool.

Sphinx is a "blind spot" for me.

abhilegend
Somebody has to have won the debate. You can't say nobody. You would be the worst judge. You have to pick a winner. Saying someone spammed a thread in which they made a clear case by supporting it through scans is most troubling indeed. I found existere's lack of posts/scans to be enough to settle you off. Based on your logic you spammed the thread also and still lost. Then again if you were a judge you don't even think you have to decide a winner.

laughing out loud
You asked my opinion and I gave it. If I were a judge, I would've decided a winner from those posts only. Since I was not, I can give my opinion freely. Digi said that two posts were not enough.

quanchi112
You asked my opinion and I gave it. If I were a judge, I would've decided a winner from those posts only. Since I was not, I can give my opinion freely. Digi said that two posts were not enough. You don't think there has to be a winner. I do. I hope no one ever asks you to judge. I already knew to never trust your opinion anyways but to say you don't need a winner. That's just plain delusional.

abhilegend
You don't think there has to be a winner. I do. I hope no one ever asks you to judge. I already knew to never trust your opinion anyways but to say you don't need a winner. That's just plain delusional.
Whatever floats your boat quan. I would judge one day too. Tell me has anyone ever asked you to judge a match?

Horrificus
This has nothing to do with popularity. This has to do with competence/intelligence/combat feats/entire history. Thanos would have him turned around sidewise if these two ever locked horns. Sphinx just doesn't stack up. It's no shame losing to marvel's most successful villain of all time. You just brought up an interesting point.

You said "competence/intelligence/combat feats/entire history".

Since "intelligence and combat feats" are recognized when debating a battle here, maybe "competence/entire history" should play a bigger part.

These could probably be rolled into a descriptor such as "Success Rate".

"Success Rate" would encompass competence, history, success and might be a good way to recognize those vague attributes that add up to how the character is generally handled by the writers.

I know that the term "Jobber" refers to this quality, but isn't really a serious factor when debating most battles.

For instance, in truth:

Thanos is written as a "Victor".
Sphinx is written as a "Loser", for want of a better term.

Apocalypse- "Victor".
Absorbing Man- "Loser".
While someone like Loki seems to have more of a 50% win, 50% loss record.

This "Success Rate", how writers handle the competence of a character, is akin to the "Hand of God" manipulating character performance, regardless of powers, power-levels, attributes, tech, intelligence, etc.

Anyway, I'm ranting. Sorry.

quanchi112
Whatever floats your boat quan. I would judge one day too. Tell me has anyone ever asked you to judge a match? I'm a warrior not someone who sits idly by and lets other do battle. I'm a lone wolf and always will be. I march to the beat of my own drum while you march to galan's who said you lost.

abhilegend
I'm a warrior not someone who sits idly by and lets other do battle. I'm a lone wolf and always will be. I march to the beat of my own drum while you march to galan's who said you lost.
^I'm not interested in your theatrics.
You didn't answer the question.

quanchi112
You didn't answer the question. You never answered my question either. The guy whose opinion matters to the point you will just concede points away said you lost.

abhilegend
You never answered my question either. The guy whose opinion matters to the point you will just concede points away said you lost.
You didn't ask any question.

Batman-Prime
I'm a warrior not someone who sits idly by and lets other do battle. I'm a lone wolf and always will be. I march to the beat of my own drum while you march to galan's who said you lost.

laughcry

Got to save this.

quanchi112
You didn't ask any question. Yes, i did.Originally posted by Batman-Prime
laughcry

Got to save this. ?

abhilegend
Yes, i did. ?
Nope.

quanchi112
Nope. You are wrong. But let's get back to the topic.

dmills
You are wrong. But let's get back to the topic.

Indeed. I leave you miscreants alone for a few hours and then I come back to this mad

quanchi112
Indeed. I leave you miscreants for a few hours and then I come back to this mad Soon as the parent leaves the room I am always going to act up.

dmills
laughing out loud I'll deal with you later Quanny. Today I'm going to grab a brew have a little bbq and enjoy Memorial day. Hope you guys have a good one.

abhilegend
You are wrong. But let's get back to the topic. Originally posted by abhilegend
Nope.
What is there to discuss anyway? Sphinx stomps.

abhilegend
Indeed. I leave you miscreants alone for a few hours and then I come back to this mad
You fled from battle.

dmills
You fled from battle.

Et tu abhi?

stick out tongue

abhilegend
Et tu abhi?

stick out tongue
Yeah, I don't show mercy to anyone in battle.

abhilegend
laughing out loud I'll deal with you later Quanny. Today I'm going to grab a brew have a little bbq and enjoy Memorial day. Hope you guys have a good one.
Ew, that sounded too much like quan+tranny.
sick

dmills
I'll post a few things just to set the tone.

In the following scene we have Darkhawk and Nova falling into some planet. Note the commentary as they're in free fall...

http://img844.imageshack.us/img844/7969/1338228605picsay1338228.th.jpg http://img29.imageshack.us/img29/6931/1338228665picsay1338228.th.jpg http://img513.imageshack.us/img513/4927/1338228700774.th.jpg

This is Anath-Na Mut, aka The Sphinx is letting us the readers into his mind a little bit. He has the power to create worlds or unmake them. In the second scan he tells Richie that he (Sphinx) orchestrated the events on the planet Shard as a means to bring Nova to him and in fact his hand is still glowing with power, meaning that it was all happening concurrently in real time (Note that Nova acknowledges that the Sphinx could merc them with a thought if he wanted to). What exactly are these events he speaks of? For that we must go back to the previous issue. Nova 31...

From the get go, weird shyte is happening on the planet...

http://img35.imageshack.us/img35/6697/1338231061picsay1338231.th.jpg

Just as Nova and Darkhawk stop their scuffle and agree to leave together all hell breaks loose...

http://img52.imageshack.us/img52/4099/1338231348picsay1338231.th.jpg http://img252.imageshack.us/img252/2356/1338232531picsay1338232.th.jpg http://img99.imageshack.us/img99/2515/1338232702picsay1338232.th.jpg http://img826.imageshack.us/img826/831/1338232873935.th.jpg

So we see there that the Sphinx ran some interference, got Nova and Co to stay just awhile longer and once he got what he wanted...BOOM. All from the comfort of his little homemade vacation/rehabilitation pocket dimension world thingy.

quanchi112
What is there to discuss anyway? Sphinx stomps. Based on what does he stomp ? Is this like WW stomps Cable ? How did that turn out ?

Damborgson
Based on what does he stomp ? Is this like WW stomps Cable ? How did that turn out ?

http://i.imgur.com/OvCT9.gif

dmills
Based on what does he stomp ? Is this like WW stomps Cable ? How did that turn out ?

By having the demonstrably superior power level that's how. By being able to snap his fingers and alter reality on a whim if he wants. By firing beams that transcend time so that no shields can stop them. By being physically stronger etc.

You can argue jobber and loser to deflect from the reality all you want, but the bottomline is that all I have to do is post a single solitary feat that trumps anything Thanos has ever done under his own power. That phucker would need a cosmic cube to replicate it.

quanchi112
By having the demonstrably superior power level that's how. By being able to snap his fingers and alter reality on a whim if he wants. By firing beams that transcend time so that no shields can stop them. By being physically stronger etc.

You can argue jobber and loser to deflect from the reality all you want, but the bottomline is that all I have to do is post a single solitary feat that trumps anything Thanos has ever done under his own power. That phucker would need a cosmic cube to replicate it. Because that worked in the nexus of realities or when he faced off against the Maker, right ? Oh wait no it didn't. That always works against Nova to when these guys meet, right ?

Again, Thanos is unkillable has shown he can best reality warpers pre upgrade. The guy recently tanked a cc blast without a drop of Thanos' sweet blood.

This isn't feat arguing. In that case Odin crushes Oblivion. You know I am right. Thanos wins and without it even being a task for him doing so.

abhilegend
Feats. I never said that diana would stomp cable.

dmills
Because that worked in the nexus of realities or when he faced off against the Maker, right ? Oh wait no it didn't. That always works against Nova to when these guys meet, right ?

Again, Thanos is unkillable has shown he can best reality warpers pre upgrade. The guy recently tanked a cc blast without a drop of Thanos' sweet blood.

This isn't feat arguing. In that case Odin crushes Oblivion. You know I am right. Thanos wins and without it even being a task for him doing so.

Refresh my memory, was the Nexus of realities an actual living sentient, thinking being that fought strategically? Or was it merely a harsh area of space much like the crunch, or the rip, or insert whatever other horrible point of no return scary area of space that seem to be ubiquitous in comics? The funny part about this is that he was in fact being warped lol.

He tanked a cc blast? Was that before or after he was fried by the anti-matter mine placed on him by our old friend Drax? Oh that's right, it was before. When he was still "weak". So anti-matter mine > depleted cc eh? Or is this the part where you argue that it was "special Drax magicks" that allowed the mine to work? Careful which way you choose to play it. You're arguing Marvel cosmic written by DnA with me. You know I know this shit inside and out.

Unless he tanked direct manipulation from the insane and fighting stupidly maker, you're talking apples and oranges here. I'll post it later. Again throwing Nova's name in the mix only furthers to highlight your ignorance of the two characters relative to one another. As I said earlier there's a reason he ALLOWS himself to lose to Rider, or anyone else for that matter. I even gave you issue numbers that gives insight into this fact. None of it has any baring in a Pis/cis free forum match.

Oh now this isn't feat arguing after you just named a few Thanos feats? Hahahaha! Sphinx warps time and makes Thanos get blown up over and over again with anti-matter mines lmfao! Superior beings that can warp reality, space and time just roll like that.

quanchi112
Refresh my memory, was the Nexus of realities an actual living sentient, thinking being that fought strategically? Or was it merely a harsh area of space much like the crunch, or the rip, or insert whatever other horrible point of no return scary area of space that seem to be ubiquitous in comics? The funny part about this is that he was in fact being warped lol.

He tanked a cc blast? Was that before or after he was fried by the anti-matter mine placed on him by our old friend Drax? Oh that's right, it was before. When he was still "weak". So anti-matter mine > depleted cc eh? Or is this the part where you argue that it was "special Drax magicks" that allowed the mine to work? Careful which way you choose to play it. You're arguing Marvel cosmic written by DnA with me. You know I know this shit inside and out.

Unless he tanked direct manipulation from the insane and fighting stupidly maker, you're talking apples and oranges here. I'll post it later. Again throwing Nova's name in the mix only furthers to highlight your ignorance of the two characters relative to one another. As I said earlier there's a reason he ALLOWS himself to lose to Rider, or anyone else for that matter. I even gave you issue numbers that gives insight into this fact. None of it has any baring in a Pis/cis free forum match.

Oh now this isn't feat arguing after you just named a few Thanos feats? Hahahaha! Sphinx warps time and makes Thanos get blown up over and over again with anti-matter mines lmfao! Superior beings that can warp reality, space and time just roll like that. He was being warped but ultimately stayed true to himself and remained clean. That's a reality warp resistance feat any way you slice it.

That was well before a weakened Thanoswas hit by the blast. The comic makes it painfully clear he wasn't at full power and oh by the way; he reformed.

I am saying Thanos was that weakened at the time that an anti matter grenade destroyed him while a cc couldn't make him bleed.

Again, these characters fight in character not how you wan them to fight. Thanos has superior feats by miles than anything the Sphinx has ever done. Ever.

The god of time Kronos can't easily destroy Thanos yet you believe the Sphinx can ? He can't even beat Richard Rider. We argue based on what happens in comics not what you want to happen. Remember this lesson.

quanchi112
Feats. I never said that diana would stomp cable. What feats ? I read your battlezone. Yeah, you came off like it's a stomp. You were wrong yet again. Even your man crush Galan agreed.

the Darkone
Sphinx wins, basically he is a Sky Father in power and abilities with one Ka Stone, with two it would be ridiculous.

Thanos would need artifact to equal to challenge one Ka stone to compensate the powers differential, only thing that would save Thanos from an all out a$$ whooping is Death curse.

dmills

I am saying Thanos was that weakened at the time that an anti matter grenade destroyed him while a cc couldn't make him bleed.

Now I have to question if you've even read the material. The cc blast happened to mindless Hulk Thanos who had just been resurrected and was running around butt naked in the last issue of Guardians of the Galaxy, well before TI #3 where he got fried by anti-matter. He was unequivocally weak in that GOTG issue up until around MAYBE TI 2. And that's being very generous. Anything after that you're pulling out of your ass. But you didn't know that now did you? This just confirms to me what I've always suspected. You don't read the material, you scan shark it don't cha?

We argue feats/showings/portrayal etc. Sometimes one is so painfully obvious that it trumps most others. You know, like warping 616 reality with the wave of a hand.

Thanos has superior feats? One response... laughing

Now you may take your leave. I refuse to waste my precious time debating with scan sharks. Dismissed.

quanchi112
Now I have to question if you've even read the material. The cc blast happened to mindless Hulk Thanos who had just been resurrected and was running around butt naked in the last issue of Guardians of the Galaxy, well before TI #3 where he got fried by anti-matter. He was unequivocally weak in that GOTG issue up until around MAYBE TI 2. And that's being very generous. Anything after that you're pulling out of your ass. But you didn't know that now did you? This just confirms to me what I've always suspected. You don't read the material, you scan shark it don't cha?

We argue feats/showings/portrayal etc. Sometimes one is so painfully obvious that it trumps most others. You know, like warping 616 reality with the wave of a hand.

Thanos has superior feats? One response... laughing

Now you may take your leave. I refuse to waste my precious time debating with scan sharks. Dismissed. No, I do read the material. I don't just leaf through scans. He wassn't weakened until after the gotg issue. He was gradually regaining his strength since then.

Take issue 25 for example. He had just recently come back into the fray and slaughtered an entire world after killing the previous avatar of death, the dyke. Thanos didn't budge when pressed by gunfire but later on against Drax was driven back and then some due to him still being weakened. That's a direct comparison which also makes sense since the bomb killed him because he wasn't anywhere near full strength as evidenced by the comparative gunfire attacks. The gunfire attacks happen right before the grenade attack you simpleton.

Honestly, you really want to go this route with me. It's honestly pleasing to hear you attempt to grow a set after all this time but it's really a little too much.

Superior feats--In the same series you claimed I didn't read. Thanos resisted a universally ritualized weapon designed to kill him/eliminate death. This from a universe backed by old time dark gods surmised at as older than the abstracts. Look at the one abstract they set forth. The Galactus Engine was just what we saw there were supposedly greater beings coming out of the Faultline and yet this being was powerful enough to stalemate various Celestials, Galactus, and T and A.

I don't argue through scans alone I read the arcs. Here's a secret. I won't sport a sig containing images from a comic I have not yet read thus far.

Run away little doggie.

abhilegend
What feats ? I read your battlezone. Yeah, you came off like it's a stomp. You were wrong yet again. Even your man crush Galan agreed.
Reality warping. You can draw any conclusion from something you read, I never said it was a stomp.

quanchi112
Reality warping. You can draw any conclusion from something you read, I never said it was a stomp. Originally posted by abhilegend
What is there to discuss anyway? Sphinx stomps. Dude, it's a page back. Are you lying or do you have the memory of a hamster ?

Thanos resisted reality warping before.

abhilegend
Dude, it's a page back. Are you lying or do you have the memory of a hamster ?

Thanos resisted reality warping before.
I was talking about my match with existere, not this fight. Its a stomp.

So has almost every top tier character.

dmills
No, I do read the material. I don't just leaf through scans. He wassn't weakened until after the gotg issue. He was gradually regaining his strength since then.

Take issue 25 for example. He had just recently come back into the fray and slaughtered an entire world after killing the previous avatar of death, the dyke. Thanos didn't budge when pressed by gunfire but later on against Drax was driven back and then some due to him still being weakened. That's a direct comparison which also makes sense since the bomb killed him because he wasn't anywhere near full strength as evidenced by the comparative gunfire attacks. The gunfire attacks happen right before the grenade attack you simpleton.

Honestly, you really want to go this route with me. It's honestly pleasing to hear you attempt to grow a set after all this time but it's really a little too much.

Superior feats--In the same series you claimed I didn't read. Thanos resisted a universally ritualized weapon designed to kill him/eliminate death. This from a universe backed by old time dark gods surmised at as older than the abstracts. Look at the one abstract they set forth. The Galactus Engine was just what we saw there were supposedly greater beings coming out of the Faultline and yet this being was powerful enough to stalemate various Celestials, Galactus, and T and A.

I don't argue through scans alone I read the arcs. Here's a secret. I won't sport a sig containing images from a comic I have not yet read thus far.

Run away little doggie.

Now that has got to be one of the most jumbled mess of chicken scratched arguments and faulty logic that I've read yet. He resisted the who to the what did the what to the who? Just a quick glance at your first few words reveals that you even get the minor details wrong. Martyr wasn't the avatar of death. Quick what was her role? Don't forget to wiki!

Grow a pair? Come now. We both know that my balls have sat firmly on top of your head for a few years now.

And much like your last post, Thanos was an incoherent babbling mess in that issue. Also in issue 25, you know, for comparative reasons, Drax also engaged Thanos in unarmed combat and managed to rock back him pretty good with a single blow before eventually going down off panel. As did Groot. Meanwhile the Sphinx, you know, for comparative purposes handles Drax level strength opponents like children...

http://i1215.photobucket.com/albums/cc513/dmills31/Nova%20CQB%20protocols/1326249277289.jpg

And that's without a ka stone BTW. (Grimm did manage to get some decenct licks in after that)

Sticking to the "weakened" theme. The Sphinx created a world with a population, infrastructure/technology etc, destroyed another one and pulled various characters from around time (including his younger self) all while suffering from temporal cancers.

If you're referring to my Sig, issue's been out for over a month now. But again, Guy didn't post it in the ownage thread so you wouldn't know that now would you. Want the scans?

Are you telling me to run away? Bwahahahaha! You are the food. The food doesn't get to tell the chef to go away. You're the lobster getting tossed in a pot to boil alive as I'm seasoning you. You're the dead mouse that I, the cat, am toying with before I choose to consume you. The food has no say in when it gets eaten. Likewise you have no say in any of this.

quanchi112
I was talking about my match with existere, not this fight. Its a stomp.

So has almost every top tier character. How is it a stomp ? Based on what ? What has the Sphinx done to warrant this being a stomp ?

abhilegend
How is it a stomp ? Based on what ? What has the Sphinx done to warrant this being a stomp ?
Slow down and take a breath. Sphinx stomps by reality warping.

quanchi112
Slow down and take a breath. Sphinx stomps by reality warping. Based on what though ? This is where you tell me what feat of the Sphinx's leads you to believe he can do so to Thanos. That's called debating.

TheMask
No point in debating someone who thinks that Thanos can beat a celestial, Rune King thor, kill the Mask, and kill Lucifer Morningstar.

Raptor22
I'm a warrior not someone who sits idly by and lets other do battle. I'm a lone wolf and always will be. Translation- I watch a lot of Kung Fu movies and don't have any friends.

Horrificus
Originally posted by Raptor22
Translation- I watch a lot of Kung Fu movies and don't have any friends. Well, I would imagine that many of us, the "Comic Book" crowd, have probably been guilty of thinking the same sentence Q just typed.

Even if we DID no better than to EVER post it in a forum! big grin

But, actually, it is probably more a product of brainwashing by comics, b action movies, martial arts flicks, etc.

But, as I was saying, we should all remember what site we are on and why.

And, be proud! Dammit. Or, something that passes for "pride" will do as well.

dmills
Btw, It's worth noting that after classic Sphinx lost to Blackbolt, it was written that he only lost because he was caught unaware by Blackbolt who ambushed Sphinx after he owned the fantastic 4 and the rest of the Inhumans. The Sphinx thought the fight was over and Blackbolt jumped on him in a surprise attack. Marv Wolfman wrote both of those issues so the credibility is high there.

quanchi112
Translation- I watch a lot of Kung Fu movies and don't have any friends. I don't watch kung fu movies.

TheGodKiller
I'm a warrior not someone who sits idly by and lets other do battle. I'm a lone wolf and always will be.
Translation- I watch a lot of Kung Fu movies and don't have any friends.

And that , my friend , is the Final Truth .

TheMask
But you sure arent a warrior or a lone wolf. Anyway how does Thanos win this battle? He hasnt tanked a CC level blast like you made pretended he did. It was a nearly drained one and it put him to sleep.

quanchi112
Originally posted by TheMask
But you sure arent a warrior or a lone wolf. Anyway how does Thanos win this battle? He hasnt tanked a CC level blast like you made pretended he did. It was a nearly drained one and it put him to sleep. He tanked one in GOTG 25. Read up and then get back to me. You aren't ready yet.Originally posted by TheGodKiller
Translation- I watch a lot of Kung Fu movies and don't have any friends.

And that , my friend , is the Final Truth . You're such a cheerleader.

TheMask
So you repeat what someone said and turn it around on them WOW.

Someone go to Rune king thor vs Thanos to see what quanchi recently said about his true thoughts on thanos vs guys like the sphinx and such.

Ive beaten you to many times to name. What is GOTG. Yeah Yeah and he did all this and he got the attention of the guys like eternity. So what its just PIS. He also got his ass kicked by the magus lol. He cant Kill or defeat the Mask.

He was killed by Drax. Depending on the writer the guy is stupidly powerful, or with out any fanboyism powering him he is made to look like a fool.

quanchi112
So you repeat what someone said and turn it around on them WOW.

Someone go to Rune king thor vs Thanos to see what quanchi recently said about his true thoughts on thanos vs guys like the sphinx and such.

Ive beaten you to many times to name. What is GOTG. Yeah Yeah and he did all this and he got the attention of the guys like eternity. So what its just PIS. He also got his ass kicked by the magus lol. He cant Kill or defeat the Mask.

He was killed by Drax. Depending on the writer the guy is stupidly powerful, or with out any fanboyism powering him he is made to look like a fool. Listen slow down and try not to take this so personally.

Guardians of the Galaxy. Thanos has bene upgraded and has never lost to the Magus anyways. It's like you have no knowledge about Thanos at all.

Drax was created to kill him pre Imperative upgrade and his bakc was turned. Context.

Thanos wins.

TheGodKiller
You're such a cheerleader.
You're such a chicken :
I would have been for being rude I have no choice but to refrain.

TheMask
Thanos knew Drax was coming give me a break. He died, and you admitted to me you went to the hospital for 3 weeks on the private messages.

quanchi112
You're such a chicken : You're on punishment. Let it go.

Thanos knew Drax was coming give me a break. He died, and you admitted to me you went to the hospital for 3 weeks on the private messages. Thanos had his back turned. Drax is made to kill him while the Sphinx isn't. Thanos won't have his back turned and he's recently become immune to death. I am quite good at debating. You aren't.

TheGodKiller
You're on punishment.

I am having a field day with my "punishment" !

Let it go.

LOL , let go what ?

quanchi112
I am having a field day with my "punishment" !

LOL , let go what ? Your obsession with creating threads to lure me in. You need to just go about your day without obsessing over my logical debating skills.

TheGodKiller
Your obsession with creating threads to lure me in. You need to just go about your day without obsessing over my logical debating skills.

Oh , there's no obsession at all , trust me on that one . Btw , that thread is going just fine , and its entirely up to you if you want to post on it or not .

TheGodKiller
Your obsession with creating threads to lure me in. You need to just go about your day without obsessing over my logical debating skills.

Plus , did you read some of my posts on the Lucifer thread ?

quanchi112
Oh , there's no obsession at all , trust me on that one . Btw , that thread is going just fine , and its entirely up to you if you want to post on it or not . Thanos wins this thread. I don't even remember what thread you wanted me to post in. Let's just talk about whatever thread topic we're in in that thread. K.

TheGodKiller
Thanos wins this thread. I don't even remember what thread you wanted me to post in. Let's just talk about whatever thread topic we're in in that thread. K.

Yeah , I agree with you on this one . The Thanos that fought Maker , would definitely win this thread . I am willing to put up a CCU's(even one that was limiting itself to a mortal form) reality warping power over the ka stones any time of the day .

quanchi112
Yeah , I agree with you on this one . The Thanos that fought Maker , would definitely win this thread . I am willing to put up a CCU's(even one that was limiting itself to a mortal form) reality warping power over the ka stones any time of the day . Finally, you are making sense in this thread.

TheGodKiller
Finally, you are making sense in this thread.

See . I am not TheMask . Or your old buddy TheLordOfMurder , for that matter .

quanchi112
See . I am not TheMask . Or your old buddy TheLordOfMurder , for that matter . Who knows. I still don't trust you. You seem obsessed with me.

TheGodKiller
Who knows. I still don't trust you. You seem obsessed with me.

Getting paranoid , are we ?

quanchi112
Getting paranoid , are we ? Not at all. But you are obsessed.

TheGodKiller
Not at all. But you are obsessed.
And you're paranoid . Whether you admit to it or not .

quanchi112
And you're paranoid . Whether you admit to it or not . No, but you're obsessed. Anyway we both agree Thanos wins.

TheGodKiller
No, but you're obsessed.
Not really . But you sure are paranoid .

Anyway we both agree Thanos wins.
Yup . Probably the only 2 on this thread , who do .

quanchi112
Not really . But you sure are paranoid .

Yup . Probably the only 2 on this thread , who do . Nope.

It's not just you and I. It can't be.

TheGodKiller
Yep.
Agreed .

It's not just you and I. It can't be.
Oh , but it could be . We are probably the only 2 posters so far , who have voted for Thanos on this thread . The key word here is "probably" .
Link me to a post apart from the 2 of us , which has supported Thanos so far , and you'll prove yourself right .

quanchi112
Agreed .

Oh , but it could be . We are probably the only 2 posters so far , who have voted for Thanos on this thread . The key word here is "probably" .
Link me to a post apart from the 2 of us , which has supported Thanos so far , and you'll prove yourself right . Altering my quote is admitting defeat.

I doubt it.

TheGodKiller
Altering my quote is admitting defeat.

Defeat to what ? We both agree in this thread , so if I am defeated , so are you .

I doubt it.
Then prove it . And your doubts will be cleared .

quanchi112
Defeat to what ? We both agree in this thread , so if I am defeated , so are you .

Then prove it . And your doubts will be cleared . You admitted to defeat in what we disagreed about. We didn't disagree about this thread's outcome.

I don't have to do anything. Just know you are wrong once again. Common sense.

TheMask
This threads outcome is that everyones against you. You act like you win in every thread when clearly you lose.

quanchi112
This threads outcome is that everyones against you. You act like you win in every thread when clearly you lose. I always back my points. I don't lose. Winning is encoded into my dna.

TheGodKiller
You admitted to defeat in what we disagreed about.

LOL , what ? laughing

I don't have to do anything. Just know I am wrong once again. Common sense.
That is the Final Truth .

quanchi112
LOL , what ? laughing

That is the Final Truth . Just get back to the topic and since we agree then it's over.

TheMask
I dont agree its over. Thus its not.

quanchi112
I dont agree its over. Thus its not. How does the sphinx win ?

TheGodKiller
Just get back to the topic and since we agree then it's over.

OK .

TheMask
Everyone told you how the sphinx wins. Dont you read?

quanchi112
OK . Finally.Originally posted by TheMask
Everyone told you how the sphinx wins. Dont you read? I have seen no proof. Thanos has destroyed a reality warper much higher on the scale than the Sphinx.

dmills
^^^ Was said reality warper fighting according to forum rules? I.E...

The "No PIS" Rule

PIS = Plot Induced Stupidity

At times, for the sake of the plot, characters that are immensely more powerful than their opponent will "job" to carry on the plot of the story, even though the characters powers and history would clearly show that they are more than capable of destroying their opponent. For this reason we have a No PIS Rule. This rule prohibits the use of such instances of PIS from being used as evidence in debates.

And...

Full Capacity It is assumed that each contestant will fight to his/her best ability, but still within the character's personality, unless specified otherwise. That means they will use any powers at their disposal. For example, even though The Flash doesn't clock each of his own opponents in the first millisecond in his own comic, it is assumed that is a viable tactic on this board since it is a proven fact that he possesses that level of speed. It is also assumed that the characters fight at their optimum levels of ability - not explicitly weakened or unusually powered up for those who have variable power levels.

Or this...

Clarification of CIS

Ok people, here are the finalised rules as regards PIS, CIS, and everything related to it.

PIS is, as always, off unless the thread starter says it's ON.

CIS, as was said before, is now a more diverse term, but is not as vague as before.

While CIS still exists in the form of characters like Rhino (who are just too stupid to know better), it also exists in one other form.

This is known as Character Inhibited Power. This applies to characters that have intelligence, like the SilverSurfer, Superman, and so on and so forth.

As Bada said:

"It's a self imposed limitation in certain circumstances which there is concern for civilians and buildings for the most part. It's not stupidity, it's a limitation set until the threat exceeds a certain threshold."

What this means is that people liketheSurfer and Superman and so on will not use the full extent of their powers if it will endanger civilians. It doesn't,though, mean they will fight like idiots. The character's personality is an integral part of the match and dictates how they will perform. This is the crux of the rules we've come up with. It doesn't come down to powers, it comes down to the man or woman that weilds them.

In accordance with this, several factors come in to play in debates:

The Opponent, Basic Information, the Arena and the Character's Personality and Experience

Those four are key.

Example:

If Martian Manhunter fights say, Juggernaut.

MM doesn't personally know Juggernaut (Opponent). So he has Basic Information. This is categorised as being what the general public would know about the Juggernaut. It goes by averages.Ifthataverage manor woman on the street knows that Juggernaut is super strong, then MM knows. The average man or woman doesn't know, however, that the Juggernaut is weak against psionics. J'onn would approach with caution, not knowing whether Juggernaut was in his weight class, and not knowing the full extent of the man's powers.

However. If Martian Manhunter went up against Amazo, he would know to go for broke right at the start, because he KNOWS Amazo (Personality and Experience). He will use his speed, his strength, his shapeshifting. This is because if he knows what it takes to bring down Amazo, or he believes his standard attacks won't work. If J'onn was fighting Juggernaut, there would come a point when he would realise that normal attacks won't work, and would up his game. Any character that doesn't suffer from Rhino-esque. stupidity is capable of this. Even with this, though,the Arena comes in to play. If civilians are in danger, J'onn won't shapeshift in to a fire breathing dragon. Juggernaut on the other hand doesn't care, so wouldn't hesitate to toss cars and trucks full of civilians at the Martian.

Examples:

Thor knows he can't out-brawl Hulk, so uses exotic powers sooner than he would against the likes of Superman, as Superman is an unknown to him.

Superman would go all out against Doomsday or Despero because he knows how powerful they are. Against the Hulk, he's going to take a few punches before realising he'll have to use something rather than slugging it out. He won't bathe the street in heat vision either, because there are civilians nearby.

It ALL comes down to the CHARACTER, not the POWERSET.

quanchi112
@Dmills

You need proof then. Show me a reality warper of Sphnix's power beating Thanos on panel. I can show you Thanos beating someone far more powerful than the Sphinx who can warp reality on panel. That's the difference. I debate based on what I read while others debate based on what they want to happen.

dmills
@Dmills

You need proof then. Show me a reality warper of Sphnix's power beating Thanos on panel. I can show you Thanos beating someone far more powerful than the Sphinx who can warp reality on panel. That's the difference. I debate based on what I read while others debate based on what they want to happen.

You have an unique definition of "proof" Quan lol. Circular reasoning. False dilemmas and all.

dmills
Classic Sphinx vs The FF and Inhumans...

http://img196.imageshack.us/img196/8789/1338481049picsay1338481.jpg
http://img233.imageshack.us/img233/6996/1338481121picsay1338481.jpg
http://img51.imageshack.us/img51/6850/1338481210picsay1338481.jpg
http://img696.imageshack.us/img696/9673/1338481351picsay1338481.jpg
http://img688.imageshack.us/img688/6489/1338481509picsay1338481.jpg
http://img267.imageshack.us/img267/9428/1338481601picsay1338481.jpg
http://img217.imageshack.us/img217/6025/1338481670picsay1338481.jpg
http://img684.imageshack.us/img684/2548/1338481754picsay1338481.jpg

After that is when the King ambushes him...

The Sphinx warped Egypt into a super power.

Takes Firestars full power blast to the chest (all available electromagnetic energy in the atmosphere) just to see what she's got... Some other interesting tidbits in the dialogue as well.

http://img72.imageshack.us/img72/6196/1338491063picsay1338491.jpg
http://img526.imageshack.us/img526/5844/1338491151picsay1338491.jpg
http://img401.imageshack.us/img401/7153/1338516120picsay1338516.jpg
http://img13.imageshack.us/img13/4448/1338516283picsay1338516.jpg

The two Sphinx's, Meryet the female and the true Sphinx, Anuth merge into one Sphinx...

http://img100.imageshack.us/img100/4590/1338563835476.jpg
http://img94.imageshack.us/img94/5259/1338563898790.jpg
http://img138.imageshack.us/img138/9691/1338564021866.jpg

Those two Sphinx's make up the being of the current incarnation...

http://img846.imageshack.us/img846/8439/1338564370549.jpg

Meryet is the female counterpart who gained a large portion of the original Sphinx's powers. She's the one that warped 616 into her own vision of the way things should be. You'd have to read the arc to understand how thoroughly she altered reality and time. The Egyptian gods seemed to have replaced the Asgardian gods in prominence, some heroes had been completely depowered and were living normal lives. Captains America was a dark skinned dude lol. Firelord was a woman. Horus replaced Thor etc. Interestingly, only Nova and to a lessor degree, Iron Man realized something was wrong with the way things were.

Meryet takes on just about every significant hero and villain on Earth. Starts wiping them out right off the bat... (something Thanos would need the Infinity gauntlet or some other artifact to do wink

http://img109.imageshack.us/img109/2664/1338565340628.jpg
http://img822.imageshack.us/img822/2295/1338565362609.jpg
http://img824.imageshack.us/img824/9548/1338565385086.jpg
http://img832.imageshack.us/img832/3748/1338565402620.jpg
http://img88.imageshack.us/img88/2428/1338565417399.jpg
http://img266.imageshack.us/img266/5282/1338565516951.jpg
http://img262.imageshack.us/img262/8444/1338565744597.jpg

Warps 616 back to normal...

http://img338.imageshack.us/img338/8079/1338566518808.jpg

http://img822.imageshack.us/img822/4153/1338566836picsay1338566.jpg Original Sphinx taking back his power from Meryet...

http://img833.imageshack.us/img833/4770/1338566777picsay1338566.jpg

And in true keeping with his motives, after reclaiming all of his power he gives her the key to defeating him.

http://img822.imageshack.us/img822/4153/1338566836picsay1338566.jpg

I'll be back after work to post more scans. Eye beams that transcend time thus bypassing shields, strength, ability to pick opponents off at literally any "time" he chooses etc.

quanchi112
You have an unique definition of "proof" Quan lol. Circular reasoning. False dilemmas and all. I am giving an example of Thanos owning someone with reality warping powers.

dmills
I am giving an example of Thanos owning someone with reality warping powers.

And that's BeCause what worked on that person wouLd alsO work on the Sphinx who's KA stone not only Gives hIm elite level telepathy but also proteCts his mind? Cool.

leonidas
this is a very good fight imo. sphinx has some great feats, but not sure how many of them would be effective against thanos. hrm. i'm not sure how this would turn out, but certainly not easy for either.

Bentley
@Dmills

I can give you a scan of Wolverine owning a reality warper, you need to be less open ended than that to have a solid point.

TheMask
You really dont debate on what you read. You debate on what you WISH would happen. anyone can look up thanos vs celestial, or thanos vs Rune rune king thor, thanos runs gauntlet were you say that thanos can beat lucifer morningstar to witness you rampent fanboyism. Your the biggest fanboy on here.

<< THERE IS MORE FROM THIS THREAD HERE >>