Aquaman vs Luke Cage

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.

cdtm
Fight happens in the rain, h2h only.

Who wins?

ColossusGrundy
I see no scenario where Luke Cage could win.

Aquaman FTW

zopzop
Originally posted by ColossusGrundy
I see no scenario where Luke Cage could win.

Aquaman FTW
What if took place in a Crossover and Bendis was writing the issue? cool

Back on topic, AM wins.

KingD19
If Cage can tangle with Namor and people like Hulk, Rhino, Hiroim, etc... He's certainly in Aquaman's strength league.

Nietzschean
Originally posted by KingD19
If Cage can tangle with Namor and people like Hulk, Rhino, Hiroim, etc... He's certainly in Aquaman's strength league. definitely but I tend to call all that pis no matter how many new writers keep writing him that way. >_>

I view AM the same way.. They're both covered in pis

KingD19
Well it's never been a secret that his durability is much higher than his strength. He's also strong enough to hang with guys like that for a while if not beat them.

Endless Mike
Aquaman

-Pr-
Originally posted by Nietzschean
definitely but I tend to call all that pis no matter how many new writers keep writing him that way. >_>

I view AM the same way.. They're both covered in pis

How is Aquaman covered in PIS?

Well it's never been a secret that his durability is much higher than his strength. He's also strong enough to hang with guys like that for a while if not beat them.

Yep. Bullets can make him bleed (though that's about it), but his blunt force durability is f*cking insane at times.

Nietzschean
Originally posted by -Pr-
How is Aquaman covered in PIS?

Yep. Bullets can make him bleed (though that's about it), but his blunt force durability is f*cking insane at times.

I guess I should rephrase it to the old AM was covered in PIS..

The new one is new so it isnt pis. I just havent seen enough of him to consider him equal in strength and durability Luke Cage.

I guess that trident might be able to hurt Luke if it is standard.

-Pr-

The new one is new so it isnt pis. I just havent seen enough of him to consider him equal in strength and durability Luke Cage.

Ok, then I'll rephrase. How was the old one covered in PIS?

h1a8

Luke Cage is what a 10-20 tonner? Aquaman is several times stronger than him. Plus you have AM in the rain? How is this even a fight?

Nietzschean
Originally posted by h1a8
Luke Cage is what a 10-20 tonner? Aquaman is several times stronger than him. Plus you have AM in the rain? How is this even a fight?

1. Luke Cage is no longer in the 10-20 strength range. he hasnt been for a while.

2. he is 20-25 or eve 30 tonner since his upgrade.

3. we dont use bio's unless the character doesnt have enough panel showings. Luke Does, we use his on panel average showings.

4. I am not defending Luke Cage nor siding with him. Frankly, I dont like what they have done with the character. I dont know why you thought I was siding with Luke.

5. since when did Aquaman become Namor who gets stronger by being exposed to water? The water doesnt matter unless AM is fighting in a desert..

h1a8
1. Luke Cage is no longer in the 10-20 strength range. he hasnt been for a while.
Prove it. Give me several feats (at least 3 recent ones) where he is shown above 20 tons. Probably so but give me some showings for us to gauge where he really is. Who the hell is using bios? I'm going by a character's history. He has never been shown above 20 tons of strength consistently in his career. Hell Spidey has more feats above 20 tons than Luke does and you don't see me saying Spidey is above a class 15.

Maybe you are right here. I don't know. The OP seems to think so though. Can anyone clarify this?

jalek moye

He's around a 30 tonner in strength with low class 100 durability I'd say. More if amped on Bendis Force

Batman-Prime
AM wins.

-Pr-
5. since when did Aquaman become Namor who gets stronger by being exposed to water? The water doesnt matter unless AM is fighting in a desert..

Aquaman's been able to be buffed by water for years now. It's pretty much an established part of his powerset.

cdtm

Iron Fist beats him bloody, though.

Except in their very first fight.. For some reason, he was durable enough to take a full power Iron Fist, get knocked out of a building and into another building, with the building caving in on him, and he walks away without a scratch.

And than he worries if he can survive a car running into him a few issues later. roll eyes (sarcastic)

I know, I'm rambling. But yeah, Danny beats Cage bloody, and I doubt he hits harder than Namor.

KingD19
The last one. Cage has taken full force hits from Rhino, Hulk, Wonder Man, Hiroim, Wrecker, etc... and been fine.

Prep-Man
aquaman 7 or 8/10.

tkitna
I'm going with Aquaman too.

Blight
Why has no one mentioned TP?

Don Corleone
Originally posted by Blight
Why has no one mentioned TP?

OP say's h2h only. I thought the same that's why I grew suspicious and read the OP.

-Pr-
TP would be a pretty horrible advantage over Cage, so it's only fair it's turned off.

Hyperion Prime

Luke Cage beat Mr Hyde who is in the 50 ton range.

cdtm
Hyde has a lot of low showings too.

He's like Rhino or Grundy in that.

jalek moye
Originally posted by cdtm
Iron Fist beats him bloody, though.

Except in their very first fight.. For some reason, he was durable enough to take a full power Iron Fist, get knocked out of a building and into another building, with the building caving in on him, and he walks away without a scratch.

And than he worries if he can survive a car running into him a few issues later. roll eyes (sarcastic)

I know, I'm rambling. But yeah, Danny beats Cage bloody, and I doubt he hits harder than Namor. I've been looking this post over, and I'm afraid I'm going to have to remove you from the Iron Fist Fanclub.

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.