Rogue vs Superman

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.

keiththegreat
Rogue has just fully absorbed Dust, Aurora, Northstar, Colossus (classic), Wolverine, and Iceman.

vs

Superman

Neither side is holding back.

Who wins?

Mshinu
Superman dies.

PillarofOsiris
Superman is not holding back. Rogue dies....badly. And even if they were evenly matched for a while, Rogue's powers will wear off. Superman's won't.

Not only that, but some of the powers she absorbs are MUCH...MUCH...weaker versions of Superman's. Colossus? Really? Superman could overpower him with one arm without even trying. Northstar isn't as fast as Superman...not even close.

Blight
The Toughest power is Iceman I think, but I don't really know what that power could do to Superman. Don't know Dust, though.

Diesldude
Pre DCnU is way beyond this version of Rogue. Not even a close fight.

ColossusGrundy
Rogue could not even track Supes in speedblitz.

Even without it, Supes way outclasses all listed abilities.

He would eventually hold back, to keep from killing her.

PillarofOsiris
Originally posted by ColossusGrundy

He would eventually hold back, to keep from killing her.

thumb up

vansonbee
Dust power is what it is, sand materializing in the air and can cut up a human hand till its bones.

Pretty much Rogue can reform from Ice man or Dust power and suck off Superman FTW!

Q99
Originally posted by ColossusGrundy
Rogue could not even track Supes in speedblitz.

Northstar. He's a speedster, so now she can.

Between Dust and Iceman, she's incredibly hard to hurt.

As for offense, she's more lacking, but Rogue does have her drain, which can rapidly get her his powers.

So I give it to Rogue.

PillarofOsiris
Originally posted by Q99

Between Dust and Iceman, she's incredibly hard to hurt.

As for offense, she's more lacking, but Rogue does have her drain, which can rapidly get her his powers.

So I give it to Rogue.

Hopefully you're kidding. If she overloaded on Ares, she's overloading on Superman. And don't give me the "godly powers" crap...Superman is "divine" also (being descended from Rao). Northstar's speed doesn't even begin to compare to Superman's. And if she turns to dust, Superman is eye beaming her until she is reduced to atoms. (he's not holding back according to the OP).

Uriel005
Actually I have to give this to rogue. Dust's and Iceman's abilities in particular though not in a direct sense. Supermans breath can disrupt either but she's going to eventually tag him and with dust's abilities she can use her inherent powers to drain supes.

PillarofOsiris
He doesn't need to disrupt them with his breath, he can spread his eye beams wide enough to incinerate the particles.

Uriel005
Originally posted by PillarofOsiris
He doesn't need to disrupt them with his breath, he can spread his eye beams wide enough to incinerate the particles. Wolverine Healing factor keeps her going.

PillarofOsiris
How long will she keep the powers she absorbed? Or does the OP mean by "fully absorbed" that she keeps them permanently?

CosmicComet
Originally posted by vansonbee
Dust power is what it is, sand materializing in the air and can cut up a human hand till its bones.

Pretty much Rogue can reform from Ice man or Dust power and suck off Superman FTW!

haermm

Originally posted by Q99

One could even call Captain America a 'speedster'.

See the problem here?

DTM
Originally posted by PillarofOsiris
Hopefully you're kidding. If she overloaded on Ares, she's overloading on Superman. And don't give me the "godly powers" crap...Superman is "divine" also (being descended from Rao). Northstar's speed doesn't even begin to compare to Superman's. And if she turns to dust, Superman is eye beaming her until she is reduced to atoms. (he's not holding back according to the OP).

Rogue has absorbed Thor and Hulk in the past, she should have no trouble absorbing Superman (at least until the point where hes weak and helpless). The only being I know she got KOed from absorbing was The Magus (Technonarch Lord), heck I think she even absorbed Juggernaut and was able to take half of his powers. Her having backlash from Ares alone is just silly.

Going all out I might give this to Superman, going normal attitudes Ill go with Rogue to win (especially if she starts with all of these X-Powers). Superman has no defense against her absorption power and wont know about them until its too late.

CosmicComet
Going all out, one HAS to give this to Superman.

He's still too fast for her.

He's billions(lowballing) of times stronger than her, and the more unconventional options she gains from Iceman and Dust are nothing he can't counter.

Hell, even Wolverine's healing factor is nothing he can't tax eventually.

Q99
She doesn't have to drain him out, mind. Just some to boost her and weaken him.

Originally posted by CosmicComet

One could even call Captain America a 'speedster'.

See the problem here?

Bit different between Capt and someone who can go near-lightspeed.

Plus, she can literally be a cloud of dust at that speed, making it *very* easy for her to make contact and thus start gaining his speed.

Rogue is a cloud of metal sand with superspeed that can shatter into ice without being harmed when hit.

abhilegend
AOA Iceman who was the full potential 616 Iceman was killed by Sunfire going all out. Imagine a full power HV that can do this

Heats water into solar plasma. Batman: "In effect, he's creating a localised microscopic supernova." JLA: Scary Monsters #4
http://i1007.photobucket.com/albums/af191/lgu88/Superman/scarymonsters04a.jpg
http://i1007.photobucket.com/albums/af191/lgu88/Superman/scarymonsters04b.jpg

With martian manhunter creates "a heat pulse that rivals the birth of the sun".

http://i1007.photobucket.com/albums/af191/lgu88/Superman/scarymonsters05a.jpg
http://i1007.photobucket.com/albums/af191/lgu88/Superman/scarymonsters05b.jpg
http://i1007.photobucket.com/albums/af191/lgu88/Superman/scarymonsters05c.jpg
http://i1007.photobucket.com/albums/af191/lgu88/Superman/scarymonsters06a.jpg

Superman melts dust's sand particles into glass while melting Iceman's ice and the metallic coating of colossus.

abhilegend
Originally posted by Q99
She doesn't have to drain him out, mind. Just some to boost her and weaken him.

Bit different between Capt and someone who can go near-lightspeed.

Plus, she can literally be a cloud of dust at that speed, making it *very* easy for her to make contact and thus start gaining his speed.

Rogue is a cloud of metal sand with superspeed that can shatter into ice without being harmed when hit.
Northstar could only go near lightspeed when upgraded by "Children of the vault". His current max speed is mach 10 IIRC.

-Pr-
Originally posted by abhilegend
AOA Iceman who was the full potential 616 Iceman was killed by Sunfire going all out.

that's not really admissable. you could argue it isn't even true.

DarkSaint85
Also, won't his aura stop her from ever touching him?

DarkSaint85
Originally posted by -Pr-

How about AoA Iceman being killed by Kurt?

-Pr-
Originally posted by DarkSaint85
Also, won't his aura stop her from ever touching him?

He doesn't have the aura anymore.

Besides, even if she touched him, he'd just absorb more sunlight.

DarkSaint85
Wait im confused.

Is this pre or post dcnu? Or is this something that was retconned before flashpoint

abhilegend
Originally posted by -Pr-
Why not? I recall most of the absurd "Iceman is indestructible" theories came by showings of this Iceman who explicitly was Iceman's potential fully realized. He was killed, wasn't he?

Q99
Originally posted by abhilegend
Northstar could only go near lightspeed when upgraded by "Children of the vault". His current max speed is mach 10 IIRC.

No, it's not just then. Mimic copied Northstar's speed and got half-light as a max (he copies at half power) a year or two before that story even started.

He prefers to go around mach 10 in atmosphere, and I don't think he has great control at higher speed, but his max being lightspeed is older.

abhilegend
Originally posted by Q99
No, it's not just then. Mimic copied Northstar's speed and got half-light as a max (he copies at half power) a year or two before that story even started.

He prefers to go around mach 10 in atmosphere, and I don't think he has great control at higher speed, but his max being lightspeed is older.
That was around the same time when he got the amp. After wolverine killed him and Hand revived him, its gone.

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.