Doom vs Thanos Battle of will

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.

biensalsa
Dr. Doom vs Thanos

Both of them are wrestling for the control of a Green Lantern ring

This is only using their force of will.

Who wins?

IMO Dr. Doom waxes Thanos ass

quanchi112
Thanos in a landslide.

-Pr-
Doom, obviously.

biensalsa
Originally posted by quanchi112
Thanos in a landslide.

No surprise you might think that.

Doom fights with a bigger handicap than Thanos and for him to challenge bigger much powerful opponents than himself it means his will and fighting spirit is much, much bigger than Thanos.

But lets hear your logic.

biensalsa
Originally posted by -Pr-
Doom, obviously.

thumb up thumb up thumb up thumb up

TheGodKiller
Doom .

TheGodKiller
Doom, obviously.

That is indeed the Final Truth .

golem370
Thanos took on Hunger a creature more powerful then even Galactus and on top of that he got Galactus to leave the Rigelian planet alone as well. He even humbled Galactus and scolded him, this was Thanos at his own power level

quanchi112
Originally posted by biensalsa
No surprise you might think that.

Doom fights with a bigger handicap than Thanos and for him to challenge bigger much powerful opponents than himself it means his will and fighting spirit is much, much bigger than Thanos.

But lets hear your logic. Based off of this logic you favor Batman over Superman since their power levels aren't even close. Nice.

Thanos' feats and portrayal when it comes to willpower is unmatched.

biensalsa
Based off of this logic you favor Batman over Superman since their power levels aren't even close. Nice.

The Superman thread is that way ============>>>>>

quanchi112
The Superman thread is that way ============>>>>> You just gave reasoning though which destroys that case.

I don't agree with your logic but it's your logic not mine.

Thanos' feats of willpower are far greater than Doom's.

-Pr-
Based off of this logic you favor Batman over Superman since their power levels aren't even close. Nice.

Hal Jordan laughs at your post.

biensalsa
You just gave reasoning though which destroys that case.

I don't agree with your logic but it's your logic not mine.

Thanos' feats of willpower are far greater than Doom's.

Based on my logic Doom's will >>>>>>>>>>>>> Thanos

That is that and nothing more.

Batman and Superman? Well Batman yield vs EJ, Superman did not, that balances the power scale.

BUT Doom's >>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>> Thanos

Batman's =/= Superman with slight advantage to SM when it comes to multiversal entities. big grin

Cogito
Thanos' feats of willpower are far greater than Doom's. Based on?

golem370
Originally posted by Cogito
Based on?

The fact Thanos would not give into Odin even in Asgard

quanchi112
Hal Jordan laughs at your post. Hal Jordan isn't even on Thanos' front lawn in terms of will power.Originally posted by biensalsa
Based on my logic Doom's will >>>>>>>>>>>>> Thanos

That is that and nothing more.

Batman and Superman? Well Batman yield vs EJ, Superman did not, that balances the power scale.

BUT Doom's >>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>> Thanos

Batman's =/= Superman with slight advantage to SM when it comes to multiversal entities. big grin But what is this based on ? Why is Doom greater than Thanos ?

You already said beings with less power are more impressive when it comes to willpower. Batman is a human being. Are you really saying Superman and Batman are close in terms of power ? laughing out loud

Trans and other beings show it's back and forth but since Batman is a human according to you he's stronger mentally.

Based on? Thanos' feats.

-Pr-
Hal Jordan isn't even on Thanos' front lawn in terms of will power.

lol; you're practically living under a bridge at this point.

Cogito
Thanos' feats.

Oh, ok. Just checking, because I wouldn't want it to be based on idol worship or anything.

quanchi112
lol; you're practically living under a bridge at this point. Originally posted by Cogito
Oh, ok. Just checking, because I wouldn't want it to be based on idol worship or anything. Two birds one stone.

http://i201.photobucket.com/albums/aa41/quanchi112/th_Thanosabsorbs1a.jpg

In case anyone missed the key words in the scan. I alone.

Kid Kurdy
Doom without a doubt.

Thanos doubts himself. Doom never doubts himself. The willpower of Doom is legendary.

-Pr-
Two birds one stone.

http://i201.photobucket.com/albums/aa41/quanchi112/th_Thanosabsorbs1a.jpg

Yes, because character statements are always factual evidence.

You're usually better than this quanny.

quanchi112
Yes, because character statements are always factual evidence.

You're usually better than this quanny. He mastered omnipotent power. The scan makes it clear. If you want to deny the statements meant to draw together what is taking place on panel go right ahead. Like I said anyone showing willpower to commandeer the supreme power of the universe they are in another level. I always back my case.

Kid Kurdy
He mastered omnipotent power. The scan makes it clear. If you want to deny the statements meant to draw together what is taking place on panel go right ahead. Like I said anyone showing willpower to commandeer the supreme power of the universe they are in another level. I always back my case.
Doom also mastered omnipotent power.

The difference is, Thanos was tricked. Doom wasn't.

quanchi112
Originally posted by Kid Kurdy
Doom also mastered omnipotent power.

The difference is, Thanos was tricked. Doom wasn't. When did Doom master omnipotent power ? If you are suggesting the Beyonder is comparable to the heart of the universe then you need to update yourself.

Cogito

...and the other key words:

the will and training.

Notice that he explicitly says "and training" rather than just "will". That is not a statement proving anything. Even if it were just "will", which is explicitly isn't, a character statement from the likes of Thanos regarding Thanos can hardly be considered impartial or incontrovertibly true.

-Pr-
He mastered omnipotent power. The scan makes it clear. If you want to deny the statements meant to draw together what is taking place on panel go right ahead. Like I said anyone showing willpower to commandeer the supreme power of the universe they are in another level. I always back my case.

if only you'd actually back it up with relevant information, then we'd be sorted.

quanchi112

the will and training.

Notice that he explicitly says "and training" rather than just "will". That is not a statement proving anything. Even if it were just "will", which is explicitly isn't, a character statement from the likes of Thanos regarding Thanos can hardly be considered impartial or incontrovertibly true. His will is bolstered up through his training. You aren't born with a great willpower your experiences make this so. This isn't Lucifer in which he was created with infinite will. Thanos' experiences made his will into what it was.

Yes, Thanos alone had the will and the training. To master omnipotent power on panel through sheer willpower and training. I dare you to find a better feat of will power out there.

Whether or not you take Thanos at his word (the writer is making it clear but I will play along) he does become supreme so his statements of commandeering supreme power are backed by his actions. The writer's intent is crystal clear.

quanchi112
if only you'd actually back it up with relevant information, then we'd be sorted. I just submitted a feat. Now you can enter a feat of Hal Jordan's. I think they aren't on the same level. It is pretty much Thanos and Lucifer on a playing field by themselves. I wouldn't call anyone else in comics a peer to him in terms of will. Hal is on the level of the heroes wit great willpower. They just aren't in the upper echelon. If you disagree and want to submit feats I have some spare time.

abhilegend
Doom.

Kid Kurdy
When did Doom master omnipotent power ? If you are suggesting the Beyonder is comparable to the heart of the universe then you need to update yourself.
The Beyonder, before he was retconned, was the most powerful Marvel character ever, at least as powerful as the Living Tribunal.

A wounded, dying Doom beat him with his willpower.

Not a bad feat.

-Pr-
I just submitted a feat. Now you can enter a feat of Hal Jordan's. I think they aren't on the same level. It is pretty much Thanos and Lucifer on a playing field by themselves. I wouldn't call anyone else in comics a peer to him in terms of will. Hal is on the level of the heroes wit great willpower. They just aren't in the upper echelon. If you disagree and want to submit feats I have some spare time.

It's that kind of trolling that got even Bada's patience to run out with you, tbh.

OneDumbG0
Originally posted by golem370
Thanos took on Hunger a creature more powerful then even Galactus and on top of that he got Galactus to leave the Rigelian planet alone as well. He even humbled Galactus and scolded him, this was Thanos at his own power level Thanos humbling Galactus with several plot devices was impressive. Doom did that twice.

Bentley
Among these Kang wannabes Doom is clearly the one with most force of will.

OneDumbG0
http://i388.photobucket.com/albums/oo326/OneDumbG0/Even%20More%20Random/Phail13.jpg

Cogito
His will is bolstered up through his training.

No. Thanos specifically stated the training, which was not his will.

Read: The Heart can't interact with normal beings because they can't physically handle the energy.

Read: I, on the other hand, had spent my entire life training my body to store energy

Read: My hope was that, through training my body to store energy, I would be able to gain control of the Heart's power.

Read: I alone had the will and physical training to accomplish this seemingly impossible feat.

It's basic reading comprehension.

quanchi112
No. Thanos specifically stated the training, which was not his will.

Read: The Heart can't interact with normal beings because they can't physically handle the energy.

Read: I, on the other hand, had spent my entire life training my body to store energy

Read: My hope was that, through training my body to store energy, I would be able to gain control of the Heart's power.

Read: I alone had the will and physical training to accomplish this seemingly impossible feat.

It's basic reading comprehension. I realized my flesh was not up the task. You took all that time to embarrass yourself because as you will soon see I read the issue. The funny thing is even in the scan his flesh can't store the energy but here's the next page.

http://i201.photobucket.com/albums/aa41/quanchi112/th_Sheerforceofwill.jpg

Through sheer force of will I prevailed.

You embarrassed yourself. Greatly.

It's that kind of trolling that got even Bada's patience to run out with you, tbh. You have to admit that's as pretty high end as it gets. This is why I say Thanos sits atop and the only one I can acknowledge as his peer is Lucifer.

Originally posted by Kid Kurdy
The Beyonder, before he was retconned, was the most powerful Marvel character ever, at least as powerful as the Living Tribunal.

A wounded, dying Doom beat him with his willpower.

Not a bad feat. Yes, before he was retconned. He was retconned and Doom showed that his will broke under the immense pressure of storing that power within himself. Thanos did no such thing. Thanos is at the top of the mountain imo. Your feat doesn't even come close to the heart and in the end Doom's will broke.

Cogito
You embarrassed yourself. Greatly.

Hardly. I merely responded to your claim that Thanos had trained his will. He did not. He was specifically referring to his body.

I'm not arguing that Thanos' willpower isn't among the strongest, but he's not tops. The latter feat you posted is an impressive willpower feat, but something that Doom and a handful of others could just as easily accomplish.

Mindset
Doom > Thanos >>>>>>>>>>>>>>>> Pauly Shore > Kang

quanchi112
Hardly. I merely responded to your claim that Thanos had trained his will. He did not. He was specifically referring to his body.

I'm not arguing that Thanos' willpower isn't among the strongest, but he's not tops. The latter feat you posted is an impressive willpower feat, but something that Doom and a handful of others could just as easily accomplish. His body had been trained by housing energies through his experiences. His body wasn't up to the task.

Then show Doom or a hostful of others accomplishing something similar. You posted this.

the will and training.

Notice that he explicitly says "and training" rather than just "will". That is not a statement proving anything. Even if it were just "will", which is explicitly isn't, a character statement from the likes of Thanos regarding Thanos can hardly be considered impartial or incontrovertibly true. This means you didn't read the entire scan as he clearly says his flesh wasn't up to the task. That was Thanos' theory. He acted very quickly. Thanos still mastered omnipotence on panel and later cemented it by not even budging against the Lt, Eternity, and Infinity, etc.

Again, Doom's will has broken on panel. You can continue to say they can but they didn't. Thanos has. Period. You embarrassed yourself. You tried to nitpick and were flat out destroyed.

Thanos sits atop the mountain. Thanos destroys Doom.

iceman24567
Doom via flawless victory

JakeTheBank
Doom.

Stoic
I wonder if Doom would be able to live through a trip to the Nexus of Realities?

Aakla
Yes, before he was retconned. He was retconned and Doom showed that his will broke under the immense pressure of storing that power within himself. Thanos did no such thing. Thanos is at the top of the mountain imo. Your feat doesn't even come close to the heart and in the end Doom's will broke.

Doom lost the Beyonder's power because he was incomplete, he transferred his consciousness into someone else when the Secret Wars was being set up by the Beyonder, so was pulled from a few weeks in the future without memory of it happening. Once Doom got his hands on a cosmic cube he wished for his memory back and as soon as that happened Kubic instantly saw the threat and gated doom and the FF back to earth.

Doom ftw

Stoic
Originally posted by OneDumbG0
http://i388.photobucket.com/albums/oo326/OneDumbG0/Even%20More%20Random/Phail13.jpg

Nice

Horrificus
THIS is nothing but Will.

In the grip of God (at the time), half of his body is removed or open for observation.

No Eternal Physiology or Psychology.
No Vast Powers, Magical or Other.
No Super-Advanced Technology.
No Wisdom, Intelligence or Experience beyond the limits of "Human".

At this point, all there is, is Will. Just a mere, weak human.
In a situation like this, the more fragile and powerless a character is, the greater the level of Will being shown.

http://i138.photobucket.com/albums/q253/ArealSTUPIguy/th_SecretWars010-21.jpg

biensalsa
Originally posted by Horrificus

In the grip of God (at the time), half of his body is removed or open for observation.

In a situation like this, the more fragile and powerless a character is, the greater the level of Will being shown.

thumb up thumb up thumb up thumb up

It does not get any better than that.

Body dissected in half, He awakes and before giving into death He reaches and claims ultimate power.

HAIL DOOM!

Bouboumaster
The one who ****ed Death triumph over The one who get his ass handled by Reed Richards

Endless Mike
Doom

WhiteWitchKing
Originally posted by Bouboumaster
The one who ****ed Death triumph over The one who get his ass handled by Reed Richards

Doom wins. He willed himself back even after being torn apart.

Placidity
This thread is freaking ingenious, for reasons only I will know.

Damborgson

/thread

biensalsa
Wow based on the amount of people saying Doom wins.

I'm wondering if this is spite vs Thanos evil face

Zack Fair
Doom.

biensalsa
Hal Jordan isn't even on Thanos' front lawn in terms of will power. But what is this based on ? Why is Doom greater than Thanos ?

You already said beings with less power are more impressive when it comes to willpower. Batman is a human being. Are you really saying Superman and Batman are close in terms of power ? laughing out loud

Trans and other beings show it's back and forth but since Batman is a human according to you he's stronger mentally.

Thanos' feats.

Your reading comprehension skills are as legendary as Doom's will but in a bad way.

Mindset

http://i138.photobucket.com/albums/q253/ArealSTUPIguy/th_SecretWars010-21.jpg Sometimes even I forget how amazing Doom is.

Placidity
Originally posted by Mindset
Sometimes even I forget how amazing Doom is.

Don't lie, Doom is your god.

Cogito
His body had been trained by housing energies through his experiences. His body wasn't up to the task.

Then show Doom or a hostful of others accomplishing something similar. You posted this.

This means you didn't read the entire scan as he clearly says his flesh wasn't up to the task. That was Thanos' theory. He acted very quickly. Thanos still mastered omnipotence on panel and later cemented it by not even budging against the Lt, Eternity, and Infinity, etc.

Again, Doom's will has broken on panel. You can continue to say they can but they didn't. Thanos has. Period. You embarrassed yourself. You tried to nitpick and were flat out destroyed.

Thanos sits atop the mountain. Thanos destroys Doom.

lol

Your understanding of embarrassment is apparently akin to your reading comprehension.

You're saying nothing I didn't already say. I refuted your claim that Thanos said he trained his will. He didn't, he specifically stated that the trained his body. His body being insufficiently trained has nothing to do with what I said.

I went on further to say that Thanos has extremely impressive willpower feats. If you continued reading, you would know that I said that the scan you posted is not the be-all-end-all of willpower feats that you want it to be. Many others throughout comics have resisted being torn apart and whatnot by pure willpower. It's not exclusive to Thanos.

Bouboumaster
Originally posted by WhiteWitchKing
Doom wins. He willed himself back even after being torn apart.

Thanos don't do that, because no one tears appart Thanos. Because the people who could do it are affraid.

quanchi112
Originally posted by Aakla
Doom lost the Beyonder's power because he was incomplete, he transferred his consciousness into someone else when the Secret Wars was being set up by the Beyonder, so was pulled from a few weeks in the future without memory of it happening. Once Doom got his hands on a cosmic cube he wished for his memory back and as soon as that happened Kubic instantly saw the threat and gated doom and the FF back to earth.

Doom ftw That's Doom's problem. He put himself in that situation and had his will broken. Thanos' will has never been broken much less to the degree of embarrassment Doom displayed there.

Wow based on the amount of people saying Doom wins.

I'm wondering if this is spite vs Thanos evil face No feat has been posted rivaling Thanos' greatest feat of willpower. Doom's also been broken on panel. Thanos hasn't. I could care less how many more posters like Doom they have no case against Thanos. Originally posted by Cogito
lol

Your understanding of embarrassment is apparently akin to your reading comprehension.

You're saying nothing I didn't already say. I refuted your claim that Thanos said he trained his will. He didn't, he specifically stated that the trained his body. His body being insufficiently trained has nothing to do with what I said.

I went on further to say that Thanos has extremely impressive willpower feats. If you continued reading, you would know that I said that the scan you posted is not the be-all-end-all of willpower feats that you want it to be. Many others throughout comics have resisted being torn apart and whatnot by pure willpower. It's not exclusive to Thanos. I posted a scan showing off his willpower. You highlighted his body which wasn't up the task. Thanos overcame this through sheer force of will.

No feat greater in comics imo. Feel the burn. You showed you really lack common sense. I humbled thee.

Bentley
I don't see anything suggesting there is no greater feat of will in the Universe, do you mean the HotU Feat?

quanchi112
Originally posted by Bentley
I don't see anything suggesting there is no greater feat of will in the Universe, do you mean the HotU Feat? Yes. What feat is better iyo ?

biensalsa
Brink of death, half dissected, no anesthesia and he was already beaten by the Beyonder.

With what it might seem his last breath of life he gathers enough will power to grab ultimate power.

Come on Quan, even you can see that.

quanchi112
Brink of death, half dissected, no anesthesia and he was already beaten by the Beyonder.

With what it might seem his last breath of life he gathers enough will power to grab ultimate power.

Come on Quan, even you can see that. The Beyonder is nowhere near ultimate power. He's a cc. Doom comes back to only later break down on panel. He breaks down. Thanos doesn't. Thanos took supreme power and didn't break down while Doom couldn't handle a cc.

Thanos only has one peer in comics in terms of willpower imo and it isn't Doom.

Cogito
I posted a scan showing off his willpower. You highlighted his body which wasn't up the task. Thanos overcame this through sheer force of will.

No feat greater in comics imo. Feel the burn. You showed you really lack common sense. I humbled thee.

All you've shown is that you still haven't comprehended what I said even after I repeated myself 3 times.

Badabing
Doom wins without a doubt.

quanchi112
All you've shown is that you still haven't comprehended what I said even after I repeated myself 3 times. Your post showed you didn't comprehend the scan. His body wasn't up to the task. Thanos' feat of will is supreme.

Blight
http://i54.photobucket.com/albums/g81/The_Olympian/KMCniverse/DSC01966.jpg

Endless Mike
HOTU wasn't a willpower feat, he said he was able to control it because his body had been trained and prepared by absorbing cosmic energy before.

Zack Fair
Why do you people even bother arguing anything Thanos with Quan?

Lord Feron
Originally posted by Badabing
Doom wins without a doubt.

Blight
Originally posted by Zack Fair
Why do you people even bother arguing anything Thanos with Quan?
Oh, I don't.

Bentley
The Beyonder is nowhere near ultimate power. He's a cc. Doom comes back to only later break down on panel. He breaks down. Thanos doesn't. Thanos took supreme power and didn't break down while Doom couldn't handle a cc.

Thanos only has one peer in comics in terms of willpower imo and it isn't Doom.

We should probably note that Thanos got the Supreme Power, which was also intended by another Supreme Power from the beginning. Judging by the narration that Thanos provides his mind is just fine while performing the feat, frankly, if it's just overcoming a physical stress while remaining mentally intact, his feat isn't nearly as good as many others in comics.

OneDumbG0
Originally posted by Endless Mike
HOTU wasn't a willpower feat, he said he was able to control it because his body had been trained and prepared by absorbing cosmic energy before. It surely involved some will. Thanos experienced substantial pain before ascending. However, the premise that's being disputed is whether it was the ultimate display of willpower in Marvel. Considering TOAA meant for Thanos to obtain THOTU and, by logic and literal plot device, it was virtually impossible for Thanos to fail... that premise is in serious doubt.

quanchi112
We should probably note that Thanos got the Supreme Power, which was also intended by another Supreme Power from the beginning. Judging by the narration that Thanos provides his mind is just fine while performing the feat, frankly, if it's just overcoming a physical stress while remaining mentally intact, his feat isn't nearly as good as many others in comics. His body wasn't up to the task. That was his theory while he only had a few moments to react to the situation. He only did so through willpower.

Mastering omnipotent power through will alone is as good as it gets. Originally posted by Endless Mike
HOTU wasn't a willpower feat, he said he was able to control it because his body had been trained and prepared by absorbing cosmic energy before. His body wasn't up to the task. Since I know you don't read comics I will again post the scan. Seriously, learn something.

Mindset
Doom > Thanos.

We are all in agreement.

quanchi112
Doom > Thanos.

We are all in agreement. Thanos saved Doom's worthless ass in the same arc. Doom wants to be Thanos when he grows up.

Mindset
Why would Doom want to be inferior when he grows up?

What am I gonna do with you?

quanchi112
Why would Doom want to be inferior when he grows up?

What am I gonna do with you? Doom wants so desperately to be the man. Doom is just a FF villain. Watch FF then go see Avengers 1. The big baddie is going to be Thanos not some weenie.

Mindset
Being an FF villain is being the premiere villain in Marvel.

The big baddie can't be Doom, it has to be someone that will get embarrassed by the likes of Black Widow, Thanos is the obvious choice.

quanchi112
Being an FF villain is being the premiere villain in Marvel.

The big baddie can't be Doom, it has to be someone that will get embarrassed by the likes of Black Widow, Thanos is the obvious choice. Doom's the kind of guy like a Skeletor. Always around plotting and yet always losing. No real fear of anything. Thanos is the guy Doom has himself allied with the heroes against. He failed. On panel.

Mindset
Thanos is the kind of guy that pines after prepubescent girls and gets turned down because she likes a guy with a horrible disfigurement and schizophrenia.

quanchi112
Thanos is the kind of guy that pines after prepubescent girls and gets turned down because she likes a guy with a horrible disfigurement and schizophrenia. Thanos is the guy of guy who goes after a woman who doesn't age who can take whatever shape she desires. Doom's the kind of guy who cries and hides behind a mask due to his ugliness.

Mindset
Thanos is the guy of guy who goes after a woman who doesn't age who can take whatever shape she desires. Doom's the kind of guy who cries and hides behind a mask due to his ugliness. Thanos got rejected until Death realized Deadpool wasn't going to take her up on her offer. Pitiful.

quanchi112
Thanos got rejected until Death realized Deadpool wasn't going to take her up on her offer. Pitiful. Thanos loves her. Thanos has been right by her side. He's faithful. Doom can't even stand the sight of his own face. I mean get over it already, Victor.

Mindset
Thanos is confirmed for simp.

Hyperion Prime
Doom>>>>Thanos
http://i99.photobucket.com/albums/l318/rave74/1523087-doomwill02emperordoom1_super.jpg

dmills
I'll roll with the bad guy. You know, the one that actually accomplishes his goals. Thanos.

Bouboumaster
Doom is Thanos Lite.

quanchi112
Thanos is confirmed for simp. Doom needs to not be hindered by his own vanity or lack thereof.

biensalsa
Lots of will shown in there evil face

http://i647.photobucket.com/albums/uu200/biensalsa/Marvel%20Comics/GLX-MasSpecial2005-20.jpg

Sorry, I just couldn't resist.

Yes I know is a bad showing, but is funny.

dmills
LOL

Mindset
Originally posted by dmills
I'll roll with the bad guy. You know, the one that actually accomplishes his goals. Thanos. Doom has accomplished every goal he had.

What are you talking about?

Took over the world multiple times.

Beaten the FF multiple times.

Saved his mother.

Zack Fair

http://i647.photobucket.com/albums/uu200/biensalsa/Marvel%20Comics/GLX-MasSpecial2005-20.jpg

I just love how there is smoke coming out of his ass. Reminds me of Anchorman.

quanchi112
Originally posted by dmills
LOL Salsa is breaking before my eyes.

abhilegend
Still doom.

Mindset
thumb up

vince_slice

http://i426.photobucket.com/albums/pp348/RedLanternKonan/Comics/squirrel-girl-beats-dr-doom.jpg

shifty

Mindset
Doombot.

vince_slice
http://i45.tinypic.com/28te70x.jpg

whistle

TheGodKiller
Originally posted by vince_slice

whistle

You shouldn't have done that . quanchi'll want to marry you now .

Mindset

whistle Doombots are in continuity, that's another Doombot.

I don't see your point.

vince_slice
Originally posted by TheGodKiller
You shouldn't have done that . quanchi'll want to marry you now .
If Quanchi said that the earth was round, you guys would disagree and claim the earths flat just out of pure spite for him. He has you guys wrapped around his finger. laughing out loud

biensalsa
Salsa is breaking before my eyes.

Not really Quancake, but your reading comprehensions skills do not allow you to understand that I just couldn't control myself, is just funny. but I know is an AVERAGE showing for Squirrel Girl evil face

TheGodKiller
If Quanchi said that the earth was round, you guys would disagree and claim the earths flat just out of pure spite for him. He has you guys wrapped around his finger. laughing out loud

Not really . And who's "you guys" ?

Sixth_Winged
They are very close in terms of willpower. But since there can only be one, I'd vote for Doom since he operates with much much higher handicap than Thanos (in terms in mortality and physiology). Most of their feats seems pretty comparable however that feat of returning as an apprentice of Marquis of Death after being fed to a prehistoric dinosaur is just such a ridiculous feat for a human with no powers.

I doubt anyone could plot that much years without going insane lol

quanchi112
Originally posted by abhilegend
Still doom. You couldn't argue a case.

If Quanchi said that the earth was round, you guys would disagree and claim the earths flat just out of pure spite for him. He has you guys wrapped around his finger. laughing out loud I need more fingers. Originally posted by biensalsa
Not really Quancake, but your reading comprehensions skills do not allow you to understand that I just couldn't control myself, is just funny. but I know is an AVERAGE showing for Squirrel Girl evil face That's not canon. Doom has been beaten by far less than Sg. He's also been beaten by Sg.

Horrificus
I think that the biggest obstacle here, is deciding upon the nature of "Willpower".
And, it isn't just about Doom and Thanos.

There seem to be 2 camps:

1. Camp 1/Thanos- Seems to see "Willpower" as a combination of a Lack of Frailty, along with Achieving Goals while possessing great Durability, Godlike Intellect and Power.
Remaining In-Tact + Remaining Powerful + Triumphing Against Great Odds

2. Camp 2/Doom- Sees Doom at his core. A frail, weak "Human". So much lower and weaker than the God that Thanos is.
But, a Human who has shown that even when everything has been stripped from his person, even when turned into a quivering pile of flayed flesh, through Willpower, alone, he was able to conquer a God.

And, this is just one feat.

There is also the fact that his purely unenhanced human mind can withstand the power of the Purple Man through willpower alone.

Then, there is the fact that Doom travelled to Hell, again and again, to be crushed by the devil (Mephisto) and his minions, every year, to save his mother's soul. He made a decision to go to Hell, over and over.

So, in this case, the question might be-

Who shows greater Willpower?

The God that Triumphs, with a full arsenal of powers, attributes and information that may even make the Abstracts jealous?

or

The human being that has become a universal conqueror again and again, (and more, if you count his other incarnations), with nothing but Willpower, while he constantly overcomes his human fragility and lack of power.

In all honesty, for all we know, Thanos may have equal or greater willpower than Doom. But, until Thanos has been shown to be stripped of EVERYTHING but his forward momentum, we can't know.

Because every time he wins or survives, he still has that arsenal.

TheGodKiller
I think that the biggest obstacle here, is deciding upon the nature of "Willpower".

1. Camp 1/Thanos- Seems to see "Willpower" as a combination of a Lack of Frailty, along with Achieving Goals while possessing great Durability, Godlike Intellect and Power.

2. Camp 2/Doom- Sees Doom at his core. A frail, weak "Human". So much lower and weaker than the God that Thanos is.
But, a Human who has shown that even when everything has been stripped from his person, even when turned into a quivering pile of flayed flesh, through Willpower, alone, he was able to conquer a God.

There is also the fact that his purely unenhanced human mind can withstand the power of the Purple Man through willpower alone.

Then, there is the fact that Doom travelled to Hell, again and again, to be crushed by the devil (Mephisto) and his minions, every year, to save his mother's soul. He made a decision to go to Hell, over and over.

The God that Triumphs, with a full arsenal of powers, attributes and information that may even make the Abstracts jealous?

or

The human being that has become a universal conqueror again and again, (and more, if you count his other incarnations), with nothing but Willpower, while he constantly overcomes his human fragility and lack of power.

In all honesty, for all we know, Thanos may have equal or greater willpower than Doom. But, until Thanos has been shown to be stripped of EVERYTHING but his forward momentum, we can't know.

Well said my friend . Well said indeed .

JakeTheBank

or

Great post.

Doom 10/10.

Mindset
Basically it boils down to this.

Doom wins.

Blight
Doom is Mick Foley

Thanos is The Rock

Mick Foley's Heart and Willpower trump all.

Bentley
His body wasn't up to the task. That was his theory while he only had a few moments to react to the situation. He only did so through willpower.

Mastering omnipotent power through will alone is as good as it gets. His body wasn't up to the task. Since I know you don't read comics I will again post the scan. Seriously, learn something.

Again, his body not being up to the task doesn't mean he was being actively driven crazy by an external power, as long as his mind is untampered he just needed to block pain and exert his will. I'm not saying it's not a great feat of will, I'm saying that it's not the top.

Thanos also had the energy absorbing abilities and the HotU close, it's not as if he resisted reality warping through will alone.

Endless Mike
Why are we talking about Squirrel Girl? It's obvious that she is >>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>> both Doom and Thanos to beyond infinite degrees.

Hulkbuster1

or

hi before I make up my mind I would like to ask a question: Is there a difference between will and determination in both modern vernacular and philosophy?

quanchi112
Again, his body not being up to the task doesn't mean he was being actively driven crazy by an external power, as long as his mind is untampered he just needed to block pain and exert his will. I'm not saying it's not a great feat of will, I'm saying that it's not the top.

Thanos also had the energy absorbing abilities and the HotU close, it's not as if he resisted reality warping through will alone. Thanos triumphed through sheer force of will. It states it on panel. He masters supreme power.

If this isn't the best then show me what is. I guess mastering omnipotent power through sheer force of willpower isn't the best so give me some examples of what is better. Quit being dishonest and vague.

Aakla
If this isn't the best then show me what is. I guess mastering omnipotent power through sheer force of willpower isn't the best so give me some examples of what is better. Quit being dishonest and vague.

Doom/Beyonder is a bigger gap then Thanos/HOTU all things considered

quanchi112
Doom/Beyonder is a bigger gap then Thanos/HOTU all things considered Doom is just a cc while the supreme power is well over the Lt. Just image the gap between Lt and a cc while this power dwarfed Lt's. Thanos survived due to willpower while Doom's willpower broke under the cc's level of power.

Horrificus
Originally posted by Hulkbuster1
hi before I make up my mind I would like to ask a question: Is there a difference between will and determination in both modern vernacular and philosophy? I don't know dude.
I'm just eating watermelon.

JayDaDon
I don't know dude.
I'm just eating watermelon.

laughing what an answer

KuRuPT Thanosi
THanos

iceman24567
I don't know dude.
I'm just eating watermelon. laughing

godking
Originally posted by Hyperion Prime
Doom>>>>Thanos
http://i99.photobucket.com/albums/l318/rave74/1523087-doomwill02emperordoom1_super.jpg Nice feat something the kingpin was also able to do.

godking

or

Because every time he wins or survives, he still has that arsenal. Great post.

Its telling thats quanchi did not dare adress it.

SamZED
Not really Quancake, but your reading comprehensions skills do not allow you to understand that I just couldn't control myself, is just funny. but I know is an AVERAGE showing for Squirrel Girl evil face If Quan said that the earth is flat noone would try to argue with him because if they did he'd just keep posting "based on?" until they quit.

juggerman
now that you mention it... how do we REALLY know?

TheGodKiller
Originally posted by juggerman
now that you mention it... how do we REALLY know?

Start walking from any location . Keep going in a straight direction . Soon , you'll end up where you started .

Aakla
Doom is just a cc while the supreme power is well over the Lt. Just image the gap between Lt and a cc while this power dwarfed Lt's. Thanos survived due to willpower while Doom's willpower broke under the cc's level of power.

Because Doom was incomplete that's why he couldn't keep the beyonder's power not because he didn't have the will to.

quanchi112
Because Doom was incomplete that's why he couldn't keep the beyonder's power not because he didn't have the will to. Doesn't matter. Doom fell apart. he knew what he was doing. He can't handle all that awesome power but Thanos can.

Aakla
Doesn't matter. Doom fell apart. he knew what he was doing. He can't handle all that awesome power but Thanos can.

of course it matters, its even mentioned that he lost the power because he was incomplete and if he got his memory back he would be able to retain the power. it was during the comic that the beyonder and molecule man merged to form a cosmic cube and Doom grabbed the cube. or was it when Doom summoned the beyonder and was thrown back into the Secret Wars. one of those.

quanchi112
of course it matters, its even mentioned that he lost the power because he was incomplete and if he got his memory back he would be able to retain the power. it was during the comic that the beyonder and molecule man merged to form a cosmic cube and Doom grabbed the cube. or was it when Doom summoned the beyonder and was thrown back into the Secret Wars. one of those. That's all fine and dandy I mean it was only the cc level power. That's small time. You'd think a broken Doom could master that level of power. He doesn't come close to Thanos' unmatched willpower.

TheLordofMurder
That's all fine and dandy I mean it was only the cc level power. That's small time. You'd think a broken Doom could master that level of power. He doesn't come close to Thanos' unmatched willpower.

Thanos is weak willed; what appears to be strong will on his part is just a show to cover up his own insecurities and self loathing...

Thanos is fiiled with doubt...

Hell, in the IG saga, Warlock revealed this plain as day to Thanos and Thanos could not dispute it; Thanos knows he is unworthy of ultimate power...

Doom owns Thanos hand over fist...

TheLordofMurder
That's all fine and dandy I mean it was only the cc level power. That's small time. You'd think a broken Doom could master that level of power. He doesn't come close to Thanos' unmatched willpower.

Unmatched willpower indeed:

biensalsa
^

http://i647.photobucket.com/albums/uu200/biensalsa/GIFS/CAT.gif

tkitna
Either would rather die than to show weakness.

Stalemate

Batman-Prime
Originally posted by TheLordofMurder

This will be my new Sig big grin

Zack Fair

Well played.

Badabing
Unmatched willpower indeed: Quan is gonna make you pay! osheet

OneDumbG0
Originally posted by godking
Nice feat something the kingpin was also able to do. When Kingpin did it, Purple Man wasn't hooked up to a machine that enhanced his powers so geometrically that they would be powerful enough to perpetually enslave the entire world's population including Kingpin and those like Cap, Thor, etc.

TheGodKiller
Thanos is weak willed; what appears to be strong will on his part is just a show to cover up his own insecurities and self loathing...

Thanos is fiiled with doubt...

Hell, in the IG saga, Warlock revealed this plain as day to Thanos and Thanos could not dispute it; Thanos knows he is unworthy of ultimate power...

Doom owns Thanos hand over fist...

^The Final Truth .

TheGodKiller

A harsh truth . But it is also the Final Truth .

Bentley
When Kingpin did it, Purple Man wasn't hooked up to a machine that enhanced his powers so geometrically that they would be powerful enough to perpetually enslave the entire world's population including Kingpin and those like Cap, Thor, etc.

Did Purpleman have that upgrade when attacking Doom? It seemed to me that when the machine was in use Purpleman had no control over the people he affected.

The weird thing about that plot is that Namor had amazing will according to that arc!

OneDumbG0
Did Purpleman have that upgrade when attacking Doom? It seemed to me that when the machine was in use Purpleman had no control over the people he affected.

The weird thing about that plot is that Namor had amazing will according to that arc! It was clear to me that the machine was amping Purple Man's powers. Because the entire story started when Doom grabbed Purple Man off a beach and he was shouting then that nobody could resist him and nobody had such will. For him to say the same exact thing and be so flabbergasted again when goading Doom while connected to the machine doesn't make sense.

Anyway, had the machine been turned off in any way then the entire world would have stopped being enslavedm. That obviously did not happen.

As for Namorn people eventually broke out of the control (including Cap) after sufficient pushing. I don't remember the exact circumstances but Namor attacking the crystal came way aftyer the other Avengers were already actively fighting. Of course, it didn't stop any of them from being utterly enslaved to begin with when Doom turned the machine on them.

Nihilist
Thanos.

Doom doesnt have anything close to mastering the likes of the HOTU on will power alone, plus the Magus has to use 5 infinity gems to make bend to his will

Bentley
It was clear to me that the machine was amping Purple Man's powers. Because the entire story started when Doom grabbed Purple Man off a beach and he was shouting then that nobody could resist him and nobody had such will. For him to say the same exact thing and be so flabbergasted again when goading Doom while connected to the machine doesn't make sense.

Anyway, had the machine been turned off in any way then the entire world would have stopped being enslavedm. That obviously did not happen.

As for Namorn people eventually broke out of the control (including Cap) after sufficient pushing. I don't remember the exact circumstances but Namor attacking the crystal came way aftyer the other Avengers were already actively fighting. Of course, it didn't stop any of them from being utterly enslaved to begin with when Doom turned the machine on them.

Yeah, you're right, it's been a while since I've read that arc. I recall Doom having to use a plotdevice to enslave Namor aside from using Purpleman's powers.

Originally posted by Nihilist
Thanos.

Doom doesnt have anything close to mastering the likes of the HOTU on will power alone, plus the Magus has to use 5 infinity gems to make bend to his will

The HotU has an incredible power, but how that translates to a high amount of will it's easily put into question.

OneDumbG0
Originally posted by Nihilist
Thanos.

Doom doesnt have anything close to mastering the likes of the HOTU on will power alone, plus the Magus has to use 5 infinity gems to make bend to his will You're right. Doom was never bestowed power by TOAA as part of TOAA's specific plan.

TheGodKiller
You're right. Doom was never bestowed power by TOAA as part of TOAA's specific plan.

Doom was never led into a painfully obvious trap by TOAA either , and then ending up becoming the butt of a joke by the Almighty .

Btw , here's Doom owning TOAA :
http://i5.photobucket.com/albums/y160/CATMANEXE/DOOM2/StanLeeMeetsDrDoom01-page04.jpg
http://i5.photobucket.com/albums/y160/CATMANEXE/DOOM2/StanLeeMeetsDrDoom01-page05.jpg
http://i5.photobucket.com/albums/y160/CATMANEXE/DOOM2/StanLeeMeetsDrDoom01-page11.jpg
http://i5.photobucket.com/albums/y160/CATMANEXE/DOOM2/StanLeeMeetsDrDoom01-page12.jpg

whistle

quanchi112
Unmatched willpower indeed: Being tricked by the supreme power has to do with what ? I can post Doom being beaten to a pulp by Thor or going to Blake to help him with his face. Thanos' willpower was up to the task. The supreme being needed Thanos not I get stuck into a timeloop where I continually die over and over again doomass.

Badabing
Doom stares down Thanos then wills him out of existence!

Kid Kurdy
Doom gets an overwhelming majority.

Nihilist
Yeah, you're right, it's been a while since I've read that arc. I recall Doom having to use a plotdevice to enslave Namor aside from using Purpleman's powers.

The HotU has an incredible power, but how that translates to a high amount of will it's easily put into question. Thanos took control of it by sheer willpower alone(stated on panel)Originally posted by OneDumbG0
You're right. Doom was never bestowed power by TOAA as part of TOAA's specific plan. His plan was that he choose Thanos because he had what was needed to fullfill the task, part of which was controlig to HOTU which Thanos did by will power.

<< THERE IS MORE FROM THIS THREAD HERE >>