Rematch 8th Day Juggernaut vs Thor

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.

golem370
Nobody around to beak it up. Last time these two fought Thor was eith about to crushed into unconsciousness or to death. Thor vs 8th Day Juggernaut no bfr just last man standing. Who wins?

Damborgson
Well Thor was about to lose that fight pretty badly obviously. But he can always rely on Mjolnir to deactivate Juggy's shields again. If he does he's got this.

golem370
Then what that was a upgraded Juggernaut more powerful then Classic Juggernaut so it would still be extremely diffcult fight.

golem370
Also Juggernaut in the fight with Thor seemed to be more of a pest then a threat

Damborgson
Well after the shields went down, the only reason it'd be terribley difficult imo is because Thor would allow it to become so. If he fight's like a champ, like he did against classic, he'll eventually put him down. It won't be hard just long. (lol)

But if he goes for a slug fest yeah it'll be hard, and not in Thor's favor.

PillarofOsiris
Without turning BFR off, this fight should be over in SECONDS. Without it, Thor has a hard time.

Hyperion Prime
8th day Juggernaut did not even have his shields up. He would crush Thor if they fought again.

PillarofOsiris
Originally posted by Hyperion Prime
8th day Juggernaut did not even have his shields up. He would crush Thor if they fought again.

How does he respond to Thor sending him into a black hole. Thor has teleported a skyfather against his will.

Hyperion Prime
Originally posted by PillarofOsiris
How does he respond to Thor sending him into a black hole. Thor has teleported a skyfather against his will.

what are you talking about?

Damborgoson mentioned shields and I informed him 8th day did not have them on.

Edit have Cytorak teleport him back.

PillarofOsiris
what are you talking about?

Damborgoson mentioned shields and I informed him 8th day did not have them on.

Edit have Cytorak teleport him back.

I thought you were making a general comment.

But has for Cytorak teleporting him, isn't that a little like Thor askign Odin for help?

Hyperion Prime
I thought you were making a general comment.

But has for Cytorak teleporting him, isn't that a little like Thor askign Odin for help?

Well when Thor uses his hammer to teleport is he using his own power or the Odin force??

Besides BFR is low quality. If Thor can only win by BFR then Cain should just as Cytorak to port him back like he had cytorak transport him to fight WWH.

JakeTheBank
He uses Mjolnir's own power to teleport himself or others.

Hyperion Prime
Originally posted by JakeTheBank
He uses Mjolnir's own power to teleport himself or others.

Thanks.

PillarofOsiris
Well when Thor uses his hammer to teleport is he using his own power or the Odin force??

Besides BFR is low quality. If Thor can only win by BFR then Cain should just as Cytorak to port him back like he had cytorak transport him to fight WWH.

I think Thor has other options, but not ones he's likely to use. In a straight up brawl, Thor has zero chance of winning. I don't think BFR is low quality though. Teleporting juggs into a black hole is all fair game. it's like saying cyclops vs batman, but cyclops can't use his eye beams. it's one of thor's powers, and he shouldn't be artifically handicapped IMO anyway.

Hyperion Prime
I think Thor has other options, but not ones he's likely to use. In a straight up brawl, Thor has zero chance of winning. I don't think BFR is low quality though. Teleporting juggs into a black hole is all fair game. it's like saying cyclops vs batman, but cyclops can't use his eye beams. it's one of thor's powers, and he shouldn't be artifically handicapped IMO anyway.

Yeah, but everything Juggernaut is is due to Cytorak and the Gem. Juggernaut may not have to even to ask Cytorak to teleport him. He may have the ability to do it himself and be just to stupid to realize it. So I think teleportation for Juggs should be a possibility.

golem370
No bfr

juggerman
Juggernaut destroys Thor

Silent Master
If Thor fights smart he can at least keep it to a stalemate, but he'd lose a hth fight.

h1a8
Originally posted by Silent Master
If Thor fights smart he can at least keep it to a stalemate, but he'd lose a hth fight.

Thor can't fight smart forever. It's only a matter of time until Juggs gets him. Without BFR or using the rare plot device of removing his forcefield (which I don't think 8th day had) then Thor can't win.

I wouldn't even give Superman the win without bfr.

golem370
I doubt Superman could mess with Classic Juggernaut since Juggs powers are magical and Superman can't block Juggernauts powers either

Silent Master
Originally posted by h1a8
Thor can't fight smart forever. It's only a matter of time until Juggs gets him. Without BFR or using the rare plot device of removing his forcefield (which I don't think 8th day had) then Thor can't win.

I wouldn't even give Superman the win without bfr.

All Thor has to do is stay at range and Juggernaut won't be able to beat him. so it'd be a stalemate.

If it goes HTH, Thor would lose.

KingD19
Even if 8th Day had forcefields, Thor could only drop them for 60 seconds, and 8th Day is a completely different beast. He'd last the minute no problem.

golem370
How many people have ever almost bear hugged Thor to death

The Sorrow
All Thor has to do is stay at range and Juggernaut won't be able to beat him. so it'd be a stalemate.

If it goes HTH, Thor would lose.
So anytime a flier takes on a grounded opponent it's at least an auto-stalemate? Lulz.

Juggernaut wins.

Estacado
The time 8th day appeared writers have long forgotten Juggs has a forcefield.
Thor get's humiliated.

h1a8

If it goes HTH, Thor would lose. Thor would seriously be fighting out of character here. In that case, SS can never lose to Thanos if he fought smart.

golem370
Thor is a warrior and he fights like one. He stood toe to toe with Gladiator, Hulk, Hercules, even Juggernaut two seperate times.

Naija boy
Juggernaut would win this one.

Silent Master
Originally posted by The Sorrow
So anytime a flier takes on a grounded opponent it's at least an auto-stalemate? Lulz.

Juggernaut wins.

If the flier had several ranged attacks and the grounded one didn't, then how wouldn't it be at least a stalemate as long as the flier stayed at range?

golem370
Well Juggernaut has been shown to repel energy blasts back to where it came from. Also Juggernaut could do something like hold someone hostage forcing Thor into a face off. Juggernaut as also took lighting and godblast from Thor one doing nothing and the other bfr him some what.

Silent Master
I don't recall there being any hostages to hold in forum fights, also Thor can absorb energy so redirecting the blast back wouldn't do any good.

Like I said, Thor would lose HTH but could make it at least a stalemate if he fought smart.

juggerman
because in this case the ranged attack may have zero effect so as long as the grounded person didnt get his hands on the flier no one would win

Silent Master
Originally posted by juggerman
because in this case the ranged attack may have zero effect so as long as the grounded person didnt get his hands on the flier no one would win

Which is why I said he could make it a stalemate by attacking at range.

golem370
Which is not the way Thor fights even when facing the Celestials he got up close to them and attcked them.

The Sorrow
If the flier had several ranged attacks and the grounded one didn't, then how wouldn't it be at least a stalemate as long as the flier stayed at range?
Because that is seriously OOC for someone like Thor.

JakeTheBank
He also blasted Exitar.

And Thor can and has attacked from range plenty of times, so there's a definite argument to be made on that front.

In any case, Thor's best case scenario is an indefinite/inconclusive stalemate.

The Sorrow
He also blasted Exitar.

And Thor can and has attacked from range plenty of times, so there's a definite argument to be made on that front.

In any case, Thor's best case scenario is an indefinite/inconclusive stalemate.
Thor will switch to another attack if one doesn't work which can include reverting to melee as he also did against the Celestials.

Are we honestly saying a flyer auto-stalemates because if he or she chooses they can stay airborne? If that's the case why ever have a grounded opponent that can't fire blasts against anyone who can fly? Makes no sense.

Silent Master
Because that isn't a fight, not to mention is seriously OOC for someone like Thor.

Using ranged attacks isn't OOC for Thor, so the only part that could be considered OOC is him staying at range for the entire fight. however seeing as his normal tactics have been handicapped with the no BFR clause, there is no way to say if staying at range would be OOC for this fight.

juggerman
i think whats is agreed upon here is that Thor cannot possibly win. his best hope then would to just try to stalemate

JakeTheBank
Thor will switch to another attack if one doesn't work which can include reverting to melee as he also did against the Celestials.

Are we honestly saying a flyer auto-stalemates because if he or she chooses they can stay airborne? If that's the case why ever have a grounded opponent that can't fire blasts against anyone who can fly? Makes no sense.

And if melee doesn't work, he's also shown that he'll be more than willing to hang back and summon a storm or barrage of blasts or whatever ranged capabilities he's feeling like.

If Thor or Sentry or Superman or Captain Marvel or Gladiator or whomever was fighting a more or less "invincible" grounded opponent who could hurt them with melee attacks only, if they chose to stay airborne, there's really nothing said opponent could do. I don't think Thor would indefinitely stay at range, but I do think given that Thor know who Juggernaut is and would recall how formidable he was when he was amped, it's not unlikely Thor would try that route.

The Sorrow
And if melee doesn't work, he's also shown that he'll be more than willing to hang back and summon a storm or barrage of blasts or whatever ranged capabilities he's feeling like.

If Thor or Sentry or Superman or Captain Marvel or Gladiator or whomever was fighting a more or less "invincible" grounded opponent who could hurt them with melee attacks only, if they chose to stay airborne, there's really nothing said opponent could do. I don't think Thor would indefinitely stay at range, but I do think given that Thor know who Juggernaut is and would recall how formidable he was when he was amped, it's not unlikely Thor would try that route.
And if that doesn't work then what? Thor is a warrior through and through, he takes on any opponent regardless if the odds seem impossible.

True but then there is nothing they could do either except take the said person head on. Just to be clear Thor using ranged attacks isn't the issue, just the notion that in a VERSUS forum, said character(s) aren't going to engage because it could result in them losing when they have no other options is quite silly imo.

h1a8

Thor is stupid at times and does forget as shown in comics.

Hyperion Prime
If Thor does try to stay in the air and hit him with ineffective air attacks it won't be a stalemate. Juggernaut will just make him come down by attacking civillians or walking through buildings.

JakeTheBank
And if that doesn't work then what? Thor is a warrior through and through, he takes on any opponent regardless if the odds seem impossible.

True but then there is nothing they could do either except take the said person head on. Just to be clear Thor using ranged attacks isn't the issue, just the notion that in a VERSUS forum, said character(s) aren't going to engage because it could result in them losing when they have no other options is quite silly imo.

Eventually, Thor would possibly just say "screw it" and attack him head on.

Depends on the character being debated, imo. Personally, I think Thor would eventually just attack Juggernaut, but others wouldn't be above just going for an indefinite stalemate.

Newjak
This mostly depends on how you feel about if Thor only cancelled Cain's FF with his hammer. Personally I believe it did more than that and weakened him overall which I think would still be viable here.

Other BFR I don't Thor doing to much here.

KingD19
Originally posted by Newjak
This mostly depends on how you feel about if Thor only cancelled Cain's FF with his hammer. Personally I believe it did more than that and weakened him overall which I think would still be viable here.

Other BFR I don't Thor doing to much here.

In that issue, the writer was pretty convinced that most of Cain's durability came from his force field and he wasn't as formidable without it. Even though back then the force field was mainly for getting things off of him and his durability was top tier. So when he dropped the force field, Cain had to rely on his strength which was still enough to hurt Thor, and his durability which wasn't all that great in that issue.

pym-ftw
I read the rules first off, but I didn't see a time limit for fights so wouldn't Thor need to sleep eventually

So juggs wins eventually, even if it takes months

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.