The Next Gears Of War

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.

Kazenji
First image release for Gameinformer

http://img137.imageshack.us/img137/4136/teaseraugust610b.jpg

RE: Blaxican
Looks like Adam Fenix.

Nemesis X
The cuffs tell me that's Marcus. The game will no doubt be about him before his arrest 10 years later after E-Day.

Yeah...

A prequel trilogy. Sigh...

I can't wait to watch Epic **** up their own established continuity, just like Bungie did with Reach.

Kazenji
Epic will probably hire Karen Traviss again for the story.

Oh God. facepalm

Way to make my day suck, Kazenji.

Oh God. Epic, keep that woman away from the ****ing series.

They might not have too, though. If this is a prequel, there's a good chance that a lot of the continuity she established in the novels will be overwritten. If that happens, she'll get bitchy and rage-quit from the franchise, just like she did with Star Wars.

General G
Originally posted by RE: Blaxican
Yeah...

A prequel trilogy. Sigh...

I can't wait to watch Epic **** up their own established continuity, just like Bungie did with Reach.

And Star Wars...

Ridley_Prime
lol, not to mention this game's announced when Gears 3 has been out for only a year. erm

Kazenji
I know they mentioned a prequel trilogy of some sort a while back, just thought it would've taken place before E-Day began.

Nemesis X
It's official. The next Gears game is titled "Gears of War: Judgement" and the star isn't Marcus and Dom but Baird and Cole.

NUMBAH 83! That's right, the game's all about the Cole Train, baby! Whoo!

Phanteros
Can Cole carry a game one his own? Oh well if Karen is writting it would matter because it will suck. Meaning the multiplayer will be its only saving grace.

Ridley_Prime
Because the gnasher and sawed-off wasn't enough, this time we'll have a 6+ barrel shotgun that can kill opponents all the way across the map!

This Cole and Baird side story sounds like it could've been DLC in Gears 3 even more to me now. I dunno, for some reason it just seems kinda hard to imagine them having a campaign that's as long and fulfilling as the kind with Marcus and Dom.

ArtificialGlory
Originally posted by Kazenji
Epic will probably hire Karen Traviss again for the story.

Karen Traviss is the one who wrote some shitty Star Wars books that were the cause of great amounts of butthurt, right?

Nemesis X
http://www.ign.com/articles/2012/06/01/e3-2012-meet-gears-of-war-judgment

There. Now quit whining.

Thank God.

Too bad she has her hooks in Halo, still.

A full length story based on Cole and Baird? Pass. Two good characters who are best in small doses.

Ridley_Prime
My sentiments exactly.

Kazenji
jF_Q9R4q164

Ugh. Pass.

Phanteros
Sounds like a bad case of sequalitis.

Kazenji
http://e3.gamespot.com/video/6380828/gears-of-war-judgment-is-not-for-babies

Kazenji
Epic Makes The Case For Baird In Gears Of War: Judgment

Kazenji
vBwB5JBMILA

there's also something about

BlackZero30x
vBwB5JBMILA

there's also something about

is there a link for said facebook stuff? free xbox content im all over that! lol

BlackZero30x
scratch that just got'em

srankmissingnin
Is this like Red Dead Redemption: Undead Nightmare, and InFamous 3: Carnival of Blood, where it is essential an expansion pack or dlc that you don't need the original game to play? Or is it a proper sequel?

BlackZero30x
its a prequel but not an expansion

srankmissingnin
Originally posted by BlackZero30x
its a prequel but not an expansion

I'm just curious whether it is a "real" game with a 10-12 hour campaign, or a smaller truncated experience like the two games I referenced above. It's only been a year since GEARS 3 after all.

BlackZero30x
so you are asking if its like ODST? No its a full campaign/game.

EPIC says that baird didn't get really any story in 3 so they wanted to do a prequel that stared him as the leader of kelo(I think it was called) squad.

srankmissingnin
Cool.

Nemesis X
So you are asking if it's like ODST? Yes.

Fixed

Still think this was meant to be DLC.

BlackZero30x
Originally posted by Nemesis X
Fixed

Still think this was meant to be DLC.

the difference between this and ODST is that ODST is just a worthless $60 expansion this will be an entire campaign.

It may have been originally intended for DLC and they decided it would work better as a full game.

Im gonna play it. The only problem/reason people our thinking less of this is because its been announced so soon. had it been announced next year I doubt a lot of the "this is just an extended DLC" thoughts would even exist. Before anyone judges the game give it some time and see what up with it. It was only recently announced.

EDIT: though I really don't like epic games but I enjoy the Gears series and have to much time invested not to get the game IMO.

Kazenji
I'll also be checking out this latest one, just maybe not doing a preorder for it.

Ridley_Prime
Im gonna play it. The only problem/reason people our thinking less of this is because its been announced so soon. had it been announced next year I doubt a lot of the "this is just an extended DLC" thoughts would even exist.
Regardless, the timing of Judgement's announcement kinda made it evident that it was already in production around the time (if not like the same time) Gears 3 was, which led to people thinking of it as an extended DLC of some sort.

Honestly, I'll feel rather jipped if Judgement happens to explain the uncertainties (or ties up the loose ends/plotholes) that many players had with Queen Myrrah, which should have been addressed or covered at some point in Gears 3 in the first place (like whether she's really human, locust, or some kind of hybrid between the two, how she was still alive right before Marcus stabbed her, etc.), instead of leaving people confused about her and for them to wait to explain it in a prequel.

Kazenji
There's some more info on this game in the new Game Informer such as the setting, It takes place at Halvo Bay a place that the locust have targeted shortly after E-Day. Halvo Bay is home to the Onyx Guard academy

also mention that there's going to be alot more enemies on screen, I can that working out if people have played People Can Fly's other games.

BlackZero30x
Originally posted by Ridley_Prime
Regardless, the timing of Judgement's announcement kinda made it evident that it was already in production around the time (if not like the same time) Gears 3 was, which led to people thinking of it as an extended DLC of some sort.

Honestly, I'll feel rather jipped if Judgement happens to explain the uncertainties (or ties up the loose ends/plotholes) that many players had with Queen Myrrah, which should have been addressed or covered at some point in Gears 3 in the first place (like whether she's really human, locust, or some kind of hybrid between the two, how she was still alive right before Marcus stabbed her, etc.), instead of leaving people confused about her and for them to wait to explain it in a prequel.

I get that which is why I mentioned previously that It may have started out as DLC and they decided they wanted to just turn it into a whole game. Like I said though had they waited longer before the announcement nobody would have even thought that.

Well I doubt we will get much answered maybe somethings. If you remember from the past games baird even made mention that she looks human but didn't know what she was and in 3 when adam fenix said he knew about the locust coming before the war began and baird went crazy so he clearly had no idea. Since this game fallows him as the main character I really doubt to much about the queen and such will be brought up. I believe it will show the fall of the onyx guard and Halvo Bay.

Kazenji
Cliffy B: Games have become more linear and too easy

Cracking up the difficulty for this new game.

BlackZero30x
Gears 1 had the hardest boss on insane! Gears 2 was kind of unfulfilling with it's difficulty. Gears 3 I felt re captured the difficulty of 1 in some spots though the final boss wasn't as hard as RAMM imo. But Gears of War has always been a title that I have known for having a hard campaign on Insane! So I would expect no less from judgment!

the achievement for Insane on Judgment will be added to my most proud of earned achievements! Unless the end is as easy as gears 2....

Nemesis X
Tom Bissell will be doing the script. Is this guy good? I don't think I ever read his work.

Kazenji
^ And also Rob Auten

i noticed for the Gears of War comics Karen Traviss is still writing them.

Originally posted by Nemesis X
Tom Bissell will be doing the script. Is this guy good? I don't think I ever read his work. Dunno how good his Gears writing will be, but he wrote a pretty interesting article about his addiction to GTA4 and cocaine.

Nemesis X
edit

Kazenji
Fvdf8tuBrI8

Tzeentch._
I can not in words describe how uninterested I am in this game.

Microsoft needs to let go. Gears of War stopped being a killer app a long time ago.

Nemesis X
There are medics on the human side now? Does that mean regeneration has been removed? About time Epic got rid of that annoying thing. I always found that to be a bane for the likes of Team Deathmatch.

Tzeentch._
Doubt it.

More likely, the healing grenade is like the healthpack in Battlefield 3; it simply allows you to regen even faster than normal if you're within its proximity.

Kazenji
So the release date has been locked in March 19, It can wait this game i'm going with Tomb Raider for that month.

Kazenji
Something's going on at Epic

Rod Fergusson leaves and now People Can Fly's Adrian Chmielarz, creative director on Gears of War: Judgment, has left the studio along with two other members of the People Can Fly team.

Nemesis X

Nemesis X
Is this game gonna have sawed-offs? If so, I'm not even slightly interested in Gears' multiplayer anymore. Not eversince that weapon rapidly went from a pair of training wheels for newcomers to everyone's training bra, making the multiplayer a joke. I may just rent the game though just to try out the campaign.

Tzeentch._
Something tells me that with all the hate it received in Gears 3 it probably won't be. The sawed-off was an experiment that basically failed. All the people who were good at the game didn't use it because it was a one-trick pony and the gnasher had more utility, and the newbs stopped using it because they had to eat shit for using it and it ultimately was inferior to a gnasher anyway.

Kazenji
7idYcfP9XrE

General G
I have zero excitement for this game whatsoerver. I loved Gears 1-3, but became less and less interested with each one. Baird has always been my least favourite character. I'm basically done with Gears.

I'll watch someone do a playthrough of the game on youtube.

JayDaDon
Gears 3 was way too emotionally draining( the multiplayer mostly). Halo 4 will keep my gaming needs satisfied for a while. I may be done with gears as well.

Kazenji
Originally posted by General G
I have zero excitement for this game whatsoerver. I loved Gears 1-3, but became less and less interested with each one. Baird has always been my least favourite character. I'm basically done with Gears.

I don't know how Baird is a favourite character among Gears fans, Wasn't mine.

General G
I don't know how Baird is a favourite character among Gears fans, Wasn't mine.

He was a favourite of one of my friends, but he usually just picks his favourite based on my least favourite. I don't get the big deal about Baird.

Tzeentch._
I thought Baird was great in 1. They changed his personality over the course of the games though. By three I was like "meh".

Such is the fate of all characters who get touched by Karen Traviss.

Kazenji
EdDICLM5Lmc

Y2Q2MnA4KIc

Tzeentch._
sigh

Kazenji
Personally the single player looks more interesting to me, Especially with those classified challenges

People Can Fly used something like that with their Painkiller games.

Zack Fair
I'll watch a playthrough on youtube(probably darksydephil's) and call it a day. GoW 3 was a lot of fun, and I've had fun with th entire franchise in general but I tend to play the multi for just 1 or 2 months and then its dust time for the disc. Think I'll quit now that the original story/trilogy is finished.

Kazenji

Zack Fair
God damn it

General G
Originally posted by Zack Fair
God damn it

Tzeentch._
You can watch that on a playthrough as well. smile

edit- In fact you'd probably be better off. The lambent were the worst enemies in the game, and I don't fancy killing them again, personally.

Ridley_Prime
Same here. They were worse than the Flood.

Kazenji
The Flood were alot worst

each to their own i suppose.

General G
This game is out now, right?

Tzeentch._
Yeah, lol. Apparently it is.

Everyone I know whose played it has said it sucks though. "decent mp and lackluster campaign".

Personally, Gears MP has gotten incredibly stale, so I don't really have much interest in buying it.

Darth Vicious
Same here. This game feels like an expansion pack (like Halo:ODST). Not sure I want to spend $60 for a campaign based on supporting characters.

General G
I thought it was bad when I knew more about Survival Instinct's release than this. Did any reasonable amount of people actually buy it?

Nemesis X
Multiplayer's a bit better but not enough to make me wanna buy it for $60. I'll wait for a price drop and when I'm done buying more important games like Infinite and Injustice.

JayDaDon
Appearantly the Two-piece is back. And noobs are back to spamming it like no tomorrow erm

Zack Fair
Originally posted by JayDaDon
Appearantly the Two-piece is back. And noobs are back to spamming it like no tomorrow erm C65oaIHsdYM

Nemesis X
Oh. Well then if shotguns are back being a pain in the ass like in Gears 3, then screw this game completely haermm

BlackZero30x
Originally posted by JayDaDon
Appearantly the Two-piece is back. And noobs are back to spamming it like no tomorrow erm

yea a guy tried it on me repeatedly. I think he couldn't aim cause I popped his head every time.

Kazenji
This game mustn't be selling to well

its already down to $58.

Ridley_Prime
From what I heard from friends who got the game, there's actually micro-transactions for changing the color of your character's armor. I'd be like if you had to pay 320 Microsoft points or more just to change the color of your Spartan in Halo haermm, and to top it off, the game only has four non-DLC maps or so.

Tzeentch._
Every single part of this game is nothing more than a shameless cash-in, from the campaign to the multiplayer. I'm so glad it's sales were lackluster.

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.