Watch Dogs

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.

Demonic Phoenix
n3F3KW-2ABc

Goddamn, I saw the E3 demo, and it was freaking spectacular. I don't think anything else from E3 2012 is going to top this demo.

EDIT: The demo.

FcMRkyoHKeA

Zack Fair
This shit is amazing.

Darth Ray Park
Is this published by square Enix by any chance? I'm pretty sure I played this at the recent comiccon but i'm not sure as i only played a bit of it and i cant remember the name.

Darth Ray Park
4jJ_6Wt6ujI

Is this same game?

KingD19
No. Sleeping Dogs is the spiritual successor to True Crime LA and New York.

Watch Dogs is a game about a guy who basically controls an entire city's public technology and is on some kind of vendetta.

Demonic Phoenix
Originally posted by Darth Ray Park
4jJ_6Wt6ujI

Is this same game?

No it is not the same game. Sleeping Dogs is as King said, a True Crime successor. Watch Dogs is also an open world game, but one where the player primarily controls and uses the city's own infrastructure as his weapons.

Also, Watch Dogs is by Ubisoft.

Darth Ray Park
Ah. It was Sleeping Dogs I played at Comiccon.

Peach
Sleeping Dogs isn't a True Crime successor, it is True Crime - it started out as TC: Hong Kong. SE didn't get the name when they picked up the game to finish it.

Anyway, Watch Dogs looks interesting. Hello there my lovely city <3

-Pr-
Originally posted by Darth Ray Park
4jJ_6Wt6ujI

Is this same game?

A good h2h combat system in an open world game? Sweet.

ares834
Originally posted by Zack Fair
This shit is amazing.

Agreed. It's so unique and I love the idea of playing multiple people like this.

KingD19
I know it's the next True Crime, Peach. I just called it a spiritual successor because it's a totally different company and different name.

Kazenji
Originally posted by KingD19
I know it's the next True Crime, Peach. I just called it a spiritual successor because it's a totally different company and different name.

So just because you say it then it is, shall be?

okay then.......

Phanteros
I wonder what kind of engine is that monster came from. Becauses its looks and animates pretty good.

Peach
Originally posted by KingD19

Just because you call it that doesn't make it so, though stick out tongue Changing a name and publisher when it started out and went through 95% of its development as something doesn't make it not that.

Demonic Phoenix
Get this Sleeping Dogs s*** out of my thread about the best demo at E3 so far. uhuh

Bardock42
It looks quite good, will probably play it.

Demonic Phoenix
bmwyW-Q960M

Same demo, but near the end when Pierce escapes from the Police, the multiplayer/co-op (?) aspect of gameplay is briefly shown.

Zack Fair
PC 4 life. Will this be multiplatform?

Bardock42

I hope so, I can't wait to play it on the new Wii U Gamepad

Zack Fair
Originally posted by Bardock42
I hope so, I can't wait to play it on the new Wii U Gamepad

Interesting. Didn't consider that possibility. I just hope my PC can run it as good as it looks on the videos.

Demonic Phoenix

Most likely, yes.

EDIT: Bardock, it hasn't yet been confirmed for WiiU.
http://www.videogamer.com/pc/watch_dogs/news/ watch_dogs_is_an_xbox_360_ps3_pc_title_ubisoft_con
firms.html

TheGoldenSpy
this game is gonna kill gta V

Bardock42
I was being sarcastic about the Wii U

Originally posted by TheGoldenSpy
this game is gonna kill gta V

Yeah, that's gonna happen, no one will buy GTA5 I'm sure.

Phanteros
Originally posted by TheGoldenSpy
this game is gonna kill gta V based on what?

Phanteros
9GZRooJ1hsY

Zack Fair
I actually thought the same thing

RIP GTA

Its still going to sell like crazy though. Even if it sucks.

Darth Ray Park
Nah GTA 5 will be awesome and still have laods of fans, i wouldnt be too worries though this is big threat to franchise.

Blair Wind
6LZM3_wp2ps

Smasandian
Looks pretty sweet but I'm always hesitant when somebody says "it will change you how play "insert genre" forever.

Zack Fair
Awesome.

Estacado
Hogy crap!!
Now that's impressive!

Kazenji
Seriously doubt its going to be a GTA killer.

Smasandian
How can you be a GTA killer when it will be released on everything?

Wasn't Killzone considered a Halo killer because both were exclusives?

Won't most people who want to play both, actually play both?

Zack Fair
GTA is boring nowadays anyway.

Smasandian
Hahaha, so one game = boring franchise.

KingD19
The only "boring" GTA I've ever played was Lost and the Damned. It had some cool weapons and cars, but the story itself was sort of blah.

Kazenji
Originally posted by Smasandian
Hahaha, so one game = boring franchise.

lol

kids these days.

Zack Fair
7oH5Qc2zTrs

Smasandian
Originally posted by Kazenji
lol

kids these days.

Yeah, it's like "San Andreas was the best GTA ever" then it's sequel came out and now it's boring?

Even though the last game was years ago.

Kazenji
Funny how no one mentions Chinatown Wars

that one was decent went back to GTA 1 & 2 style with a few updates.

KingD19
I never got to play it. Always wanted to though.

Kazenji
Try and get it for the PSP instead of the DS.

Peach
A049QMa5_UM

Yesssss.

Zack Fair
thumb up thumb up thumb up

-Pr-
I hope to god this lives up to at least some of the hype.

Demonic Phoenix
Originally posted by -Pr-
I hope to god this lives up to at least some of the hype.

I'd be happy with just the E3 build.

Can't bloody wait for November now.

the ninjak
Don't judge a game from its trailer.

Kazenji
I know this is also getting released on the current gen, Wonder if it'll actually be good on those.

Demonic Phoenix
aybTvTi5AiE

Smasandian
Originally posted by Kazenji
I know this is also getting released on the current gen, Wonder if it'll actually be good on those.

Probably. I suspect that Watch Dogs was developed for current gen and upgraded for next-gen.

KingD19
Nothing wrong with Exclusive Content. But chopping an hour out of the game for other consoles is messed up imo.

BloodRain
Not if its for the good console.

Demonic Phoenix
^ thumb up

Arachnid1
Lrro1GE9JUI

I gotta say, that player vs player section was ****ing awesome. I probably would have just ran that guy down at 14:00 though.

Kazenji
Found out with the Aus version its been bumped up to a R 18+ rating because of some new scenes featuring sexual violence

so much for being ****ing consistant.

Kazenji
The spider tank actually exists in a mini game where you get points for destruction,

_bvPtYB0***

http://www.kotaku.com.au/2014/04/watch-dogs-spider-tank-is-a-real-thing-you-can-ride-in/

Stupid youtube.....its not showing because it has the word *** in the link thing.

Tzeentch
That looks pretty awesome.

Demonic Phoenix
0aw0TbF2Vc4

Demonic Phoenix
U8kWAaER0fE

Smasandian
Oh the video game industry, charging an extra $10 bucks for the next-gen version.

Zack Fair
So where will everyone be playing this? I'm looking at the pre-order in PSN and I'm tempted to just order it right now. I got a PC capable of running this on high though...so...decisions.

Utrigita
Going to play it on PC smile

Demonic Phoenix
PS3. No intention of getting a current gen console yet.

KingD19
Xbox 1.

Estacado

The Renegade
PS4.

Nemesis X
PS4.

Zack Fair
mmm

Lek Kuen
So where will everyone be playing this? I'm looking at the pre-order in PSN and I'm tempted to just order it right now. I got a PC capable of running this on high though...so...decisions.

Don't betray the Master Race

Zack Fair
Originally posted by Lek Kuen
Don't betray the Master Race The extra 60 minutes seduced me.

http://fc02.deviantart.net/fs7/i/2005/233/2/6/Anakin__s_Tear_for_Padme_by_Brycemaster.png

Estacado
Apparently the last gen version of the game seems kinda outdated graphic wise.ermm

Lucky for me Im no graphic whore....stick out tongue

Smasandian
Xbox One.

This game cries to me to be played on a couch.

Also, after playing Wolfenstein: The New Order on the PC, I don't feel like dealing with PC issues.

Estacado
Gonna play this tomorrow....only cause Im seeing X-men today....stick out tongue

Zack Fair
The pirated 360 version is already out >>

Estacado
That's why Im tryin it tomorrow....haermm

Zack Fair
Originally posted by Estacado
That's why Im tryin it tomorrow....haermm http://media.tumblr.com/tumblr_m923qaXEne1rncmq1.gif

Estacado
The reason I got my box haxxed that i have gotten sick of waiting.. It's like every phuckin game is out on torrents atleast a week before release also I wasnt even using online for years. I bought assload of games which sucked i took them back the next day to shops that didnt even own the damn game that time and they gave me a -30 dollar price. no expression
So decided to haxx it also rather spending my money on nutrition supplement but whatever...stick out tongue

Anyways hoping the game is good.
If you guys have any questions gonna try to answer after trying it out tomorrow.313

Zack Fair
DLing the PC version...eventhough I have it pre-ordered it for PS4. hype is killing me lol

Estacado
^
They say driving is pretty bad in the game....

Zack Fair
The reason I got my box haxxed that i have gotten sick of waiting.. It's like every phuckin game is out on torrents atleast a week before release also I wasnt even using online for years. I bought assload of games which sucked i took them back the next day to shops that didnt even own the damn game that time and they gave me a -30 dollar price. no expression
So decided to haxx it also rather spending my money on nutrition supplement but whatever...stick out tongue

Anyways hoping the game is good.
If you guys have any questions gonna try to answer after trying it out tomorrow.313 ?? I have nothing against modded/hacked Xboxes. I'm part of the scene. I've had a flashed 360 since ODST came out. I was just jelly cause you were going to play it heh.

Estacado
haermm
Still 4 more hours for me.ermm

Walkthroughs are already up on youtube.

Estacado
Played it for 2 hours only did 3 story missions.
Game is great ,driving could be better but its really not that bad.

There are ass load of side missions some grant you skills ,cars and weapons.

There are plenty of skills within the 4 categories:hacking,crafting,combat and driving.

Some areas need to be unlocked by hacking ctos towers kinda like in fc3 for you to be able to hack the civilians and the cameras in the area.

During the 1st unlock which is a story mission I had to enter a restricted area which had like 6 armed guards.

The way I tooked them out was damn amazing I hacked into a camera checked the guy with the access code.You can trigger their granades by hacking them which makes them scared and they try to get rid of it.The guy threw the granade right next to a car making a huge explosion taking out 4 of them then used a forklift to distract the other to sneak behind them and bullet time supressor pistol their asses.

Zack Fair
How does the sandbox, details and graphics compare to GTAV?

Estacado
On 360 it's a bit worse then gta 5 graphic wise.
They say however the next gen is superb.

For the details this is above gta 5.
There are lot of ares that require searching for using the environment and cameras to unlock secrets ,investigate unlock towers or to follow potentional crime commiters.

Tbh Gta city looked good but it was damn shallow comparedtő this hence besides entering shops you couldnt really do much more.

Here every street has accasable cameras ,trafic lights,blockers environment also the train network is done pretty well.

Zack Fair
Finally finished the DL on PC. Damn it I need a new card to run this baby on ultra ><. Ah well. I'll get one later this year.

Game looks very, very promising. The driving is too stiff. So used to GTA V's easy driving. Missing it already. Not even counting Franklin's OP skill.

Estacado

Zack Fair
The hackin is indeed really really fun. I'm going to a PC LAN today and Im going to be bragging with Watch Dogs xD

Estacado
haermm

I love that you can basically take out like 5-6 guys in gang hideouts without even having to enter the territory just hacking from camera to camera making their granades and the environment explode.

Cover system is great it reminds me of Splinter cell blacklist going from cover to cover just by pressing A is sweet.
Stealth system is pretty well done as well.
I love stealth games and its nice to see WD doing it right.

Cool thing is that you can access all skills after completing like the5th story mission.

Arachnid1
I'm getting this Tuesday for my Xbox One. Looking forward to it!

Zack Fair
Originally posted by Arachnid1
I'm getting this Tuesday for my Xbox One. Looking forward to it! thumb up

Zack Fair
Woot. Kind of ashamed my PS4 runs it better than my PC. Really need to get a 3gb card <<

Estacado
A great way to boost xp is to do crime events each grants you 500 xp.

Too bad there is no weapon custom though.

Estacado
Ign gives it a 8.4
http://www.ign.com/articles/2014/05/27/watch-dogs-review

Gamesradar gives it 4/5
http://www.gamesradar.com/watch-dogs-review/

Utrigita
So is it worth buying? smile

Estacado
Definetly.

Hacking is fun and easy tons of stuff to hack it's useful in every situation.When taking on enemy you can take out like 4-5 guys by simply hacking the right things in the area(explosive terminals,granades)raise platforms to use them as cover,use lifts or fork lifts to reach high ground (its useful in combat and when exploring)Its useful in car chases as well raising blockers,bridges ,making underground steam pipes explode to take out enemy cars.
Use garage doors in the city to escape the police or look for a nearby train stop it via hacking hop on and leave.
skills:

Crafting(you can craft hand granades,a gdget that locates every enemy in the area kinda like a uav,proximity bombs,blackouts(allows you to shut down electricity in the city),call interferer(if anyone wants to call the police or reinforcements),pills that recharge your focus(bullet time) faster..etc)

Hacking:activation of road blockers,road spikes,stoping train (extremly useful when you want to escape on foot),taking out helicopter lights,hacking peoples accounts,(upgrading helps you hack more money ,high lights people who have more money or connected to events,have access to new cars),transformer overloading causes blackout,disabling peoples ability to call upon reinforcments

Combat:weapon handling,focus(bullet time),durability against guns,explosions etc

driving:car takes less damage,can do more damage against enemies car etc...

Combat and stealth is well done cover system is great you can go from cover to cover just by pressing A even if its in a distance.

Unfortunetly there is no weapon costum.

Has loads of side quest:

Criminal convoy (you are giving the root of the convoy you have to take it out.)

Gang hideout:take out a groop of baddies.

Investigations:its pretty much finding a dead body ,scan it listen to the audio log.

Crime interfere:go to location prevent the random crime.

Weapons cargos:Gain access to garages having cargo in them.

I havent tried all of them.

Fun activities:
drinking games,chess,becoming a giant spider killing people,carmageddon style mini game,

Havent even tried half of them.

Game can keep you busy for about 35-40+ hours even offline.

I give it a 9.5 so far though i barely did any story missions the side missions and tower freeing sucked me up...stick out tongue

Utrigita
Cool, I'll give it a shot then smile

If I don't like it though it's on your kneecaps stick out tongue

Estacado
haermm

That's impossible.uhuh

Be aware graphics are not that great on last gen and driving can be clunky at times but the overwhelming awesomeness will make you forgive the prior 2.

Zack Fair
Some online dude hacked me and as the countdown got to finish I panicked and shot the crap out of everyone ROFL. What a total dick ownage lol. Not only did he hack me, he made me panic and then have to deal with cops lol. Fun experience and this is just the beginning.

Utrigita
haermm

That's impossible. evil face

Be aware graphics are not that great on last gen and driving can be clunky at times but the overwhelming awesomeness will make you forgive the prior 2.

Wait and see evil face

Well I'll be playing it on my pc given that I don't have any kinda console so... Pc Elitist and all that stick out tongue

Estacado
Originally posted by Utrigita
Wait and see evil face

Well I'll be playing it on my pc given that I don't have any kinda console so... Pc Elitist and all that stick out tongue
Hope you like it.313

Reviews so far....
http://www.metacritic.com/game/playstation-4/watch-dogs/critic-reviews

Gta **** already hate it that's for sure....don't get it why though....

How would you rate it Zack?

Smasandian
I just gotten into it. I enjoyed the tutorial level and the graphics are slick. Obviously, they can be better but the fidelity of the new consoles are apparent even in this game.

But I'm not totally feeling it yet. Once I get into the meat of the story, I will probably like it better but I'm getting a very Far Cry in Chicago with a smart phone vibe from it. I know Ubisoft has stated they want all their games to be open world but I'm hoping they don't follow the same formula as their other franchises.

This isn't to say it's not developed well. Their is a lot of skill involved in this game I just feel like they followed Far Cry structure to well...but again, I haven't really gotten into it.

Estacado
It does have a FC feel to it hence the whole tower unlocking thing but tbh I dont mind since I loved unlocking towers in Fc as well.stick out tongue

Smasandian
True.

And I haven't really gotten into it.

I did a fixer contract and it took like 10 minutes to drive around after the guy. I tried to the prompts for getting them into a car crash but it took forever.

Estacado
Complete the 5th story mission it will grant you access to all the skills.

If you want to boost xp just do the random crime events each gives you 500xp.
Doing 2-3 of those is enough to lvl up 1 lvl till you reach like 15.

Hacking can be damn useful in car chases and in encounters as well especially if you like to keep it stealthy.

Im still doing side missions getting the unique weapons then gonna start the story.

Also if you unlock the towers you'll get bonus hideouts around the city which you can fast travel to makes it easier to hop around the city between missions.

There a 13 towers in total.

Smasandian
So basically I should do the campaign until Act 2 and then start doing a lot of the activities?

Estacado
Act I has 9 mission it takes max 1 hour to complete 5 story missions.(I stopped after beating mission 5 then unlocked all ctos hqs (there are 4)the 13 towers and began the side mission stuff so far I played roughly 8-9 hours and there are still loads of side stuff left.Ihavent even tried the mini games ,fun games and driving missions)

Im doing the side missions simply out of fun nothing more and off course the unique weapons.

Since the game doesnt have weapon custom which is kinda a bad thing.

You can only get the supressed assault rifle by unlocking weapon crate storages.

You can also get a badass 50.cal sniper by taking out 10 convoys.

A golden tommy gun by locating 16 special codes.(Havent gotten this one yet.)

Also you can get a cool burst pistol by doing crime events.

The cool thing is doing side mission grants you unique skills and cars as well not just weapons.

Smasandian
I do like how doing side missions gives abilities/guns and etc.

Very similar to how Assassins Creed 4 does it.

Estacado
thumb up
Yup.

Gives you a reason to complete them besides getting the achievment.

Imo you should go for the hacking skills like stopping train,opening garage doors,raising blockers ,bridges and spikes ,making the steam pipes explode on the roads.

Its pretty easy to get them early on and makes you enjoy the game more.

Zack Fair
Hope you like it.313

Reviews so far....
http://www.metacritic.com/game/playstation-4/watch-dogs/critic-reviews

Gta **** already hate it that's for sure....don't get it why though....

How would you rate it Zack? I give it a solid 8.5 overall. The main problem with the chases is the fact you can't shoot while driving. Understandable because it would be stupid for the player to be a multi-tasking machine handling a car, a smartphone and a gun. Lack of gunfights in cars makes the chases annoying when you run out of battery or objects to hack. The car chases can be annoying and or awesome, so when they are being annoying it drops to 8.0.

Having said that this game has a lot of interesting ideas and concepts. I spent the entire day playing the game without realizing I had only completed 2-3 campaign missions. That is quite something if you ask me. The side missions feel so much fun to do. Having the smartphone out at all times has become an addiction and the little background stories and such behind the NPCs you hack are a neat little touch.

The graphics are very damn good. There are times when they seem a little average when you're out in the city with all the scope, but when you enter allys and buildings and take the time to look at the environment it has great graphics.

The animations are top notch. It never gets old how you can sprint from cover to cover and silently take down opponents. I really like the animation that triggers when the enemy spots you a little too late and you blind fire into their face.

Where the game shines is in the stealth and the online component. Its a lot of fun when you encounter online players who are attempting to hack you and then you hunt them down. ANother opponent tried to hack me and this time I wasn't going to freak out and shoot everyone. I hunted the ****er down and shotgunned his ass when he thought he was safe. It adds such a predatory/prey feel to the gameplay. You kind of want to be on your guard at all times.

Its a very solid game with interesting ideas and gameplay. It suffers from being the first of its kind, but I can see all the potential the franchise has(lets face it there will be a watch dogs 2) And it makes me wonder how they will improve on the criticism.

The game reminds me of how Assassin's Creed set the stage for Assassin's Creed 2 to be completely awesome. I can't wait.

Estacado
Another cool thing is that the criminals in crime effects can suprise you.
I have chased guys whom actually steal a car in mid chase then I had.to get into one as well to follow him.

Zack Fair
I have had lots of crazy stuff happen. Shame you ain't playing it online. Random online players trolling add a wild factor lol. I was unlocking one of the towers and some online dude walked under me. He was oblivious to my presence there. I jumped down and beat the living shit out of him while he was busy checking his phone awesome

Estacado
haermm
Shame I dont have live.

Damn I want that so vector to bad it's only online.

Whats your fave outfit?

Mine is Nemesis.

Nemesis X
I do love the online hacking feature. Interrupting a player's game to make him come play hide & seek with me is too much fun. However, it's a shame you can only enter a player's world by a raffle and not have an options list on who specifically you want to hack. Now how are me and Zack gonna annoy eachother?

Smasandian
Yeah, I only tried once and I got to about 86%. The guy got into a gun fight with the police and I just sat there minding my own business until he showed up and blasted me.

Zack Fair
Originally posted by Smasandian
Yeah, I only tried once and I got to about 86%. The guy got into a gun fight with the police and I just sat there minding my own business until he showed up and blasted me. LoL. Sounds a lot like my first encounter with the online trolling. Only I didn't find the hacker. I can only imagine he was laughing his ass off watching as I panicked, started shooting everyone in sight and then had to escape the police. All the while getting hacked. Talk about total ownage lol. It was awesome.

Come at me Nem!

Arachnid1
Hacking in this game is pretty fun. I haven't done it, but I've had someone try to hack me. He got all the way to the evasion stage without a hitch. After that, I stuck on him pretty well because he was a sucky driver. I ended up using the traffic light hack to cut him off and sandwiched his car between mine and an AIs so hard it exploded and he went flying out. I then got out of my car and gunned him down while he was busy slowly getting up. It was ****ing awesome.

I managed to record it on my xbox one too. I love that feature!

Smasandian
I will say that the game has a very good feel to it.

I was doing an convoy and it was in a section where there wasn't a lot of lights. The first time I tried, I went into cover at a library and then when the stopped, I opened up (pretending I was in Clear and Present Danger). I died.

The second time, the faiths aligned and I got into a huge car and drove towards the convoy. For some reason, they stopped at the a stop sign and at full blast I rammed the car at the full speed and totaled it. The next ten minutes was me fighting off the goons and somehow the dude I was supposed to take down run right towards me and I knocked him out. I drove away and got rid of the goons by executing the barriers. It was pretty damn fun.

Zack Fair
The game just keeps getting better and better. I'm addicted to all the side missions. Barely made it to Act 2 and I've been playing a lot. And I stress that...a lot.

Nemesis X
Players ballsy enough to try and draw anyone out by shooting a gun in a public area really need to consider where their rational thinking will put them. Someone calls the police and four officers followed by an army of more and a helicopter arrive at the block all the while I'm hacking him and I get the front row seat to this shitstorm hiding in a vehicle right in the center of it all. I laughed so hard.

Smasandian
Some guy thought he could just sit there and hide.

Took me awhile to remember that you can hide in cars. The only issue is that once you find them being stuck in a car with the guy right beside is a sure thing for disaster.

Zack Fair
Sigh. I'm sick of whiners and people that complain about the graphics not holding up to the E2 2012 hype. I understand why they feel deceived and all of that, but they are blowing things way out of proportion(in typical online fashion I know) Many are letting them keep them from enjoying the fun gameplay. And to be honest the game does look very damned good. Sometimes I just marvel at what I'm seeing on screen.

Demonic Phoenix
It does look damned good. But people have been spoiled by GTA V and the E3 demo.

That said, the draw distance with respect to cars in the game sucks donkey balls. I've crashed at least 5 times while going at full speed in a performance car because a car materialized some few feet in front of mine. And at full speed, the frame rate drops. (PS3 version)

Smasandian
If people are allowed to complain about Aliens: Colonial Marines then they should be able to complain about Watch Dogs when it comes down to graphic expectations. Some of the pre footage looks better than what there is.

It's definitely not bad at all (and Aliens: Colonial Marines is far worst candidate) but they did show a much better looking game than what the released.

Even my short time playing this game, I do think GTAV is a better game. This isn't a slight against Watch Dogs but GTAV feels like the developer cared so much about the game while Watch Dogs does not.

Zack Fair
GTA V is an amazing game. People forget how long it was in development though. Having said that I find the shooting, cover and overall stealth gameplay mechanics in Watch Dogs to put GTA's to shame.

Haven't had the draw distance problem on the PS4, but it is apparent to me the game's graphics are less impressive in car chases. Its when you're walking down the streets and alleys of Chicago that you can appreciate how good everything looks. Especially at night and when it rains.

Edit I never said they can't complain. I'm just saying its getting blown out of proportion IMHO. Then again I guess thats what happens when you frequent Kotaku, gamefaqs and social networks lol.

From what I've read a lot of people are more pissed at Ubisoft than the actual game. Apparently they did the same shit with Far Cry 3's reveal.

Estacado
How can I unlock the last weapons trade mission?

Nemesis X
How can I unlock the last weapons trade mission?

You're supposed to find the little blue circle with the target symbol in it.

Estacado
I unlocked the spec ops goblin for the last one but unless Im f'in blind I cant see the blue mark.
Gonna check it again after getting home though.

Do you have to reach a certain chapter to unlock it?

Nemesis X
It's difficult to find I know. It looks like the icon for the bloody Fixer Contracts. You just need to find the one with the target symbol.

Estacado
Thanks!

Estacado
Had to talk to Tobias first then it unlocked.
Damn that light machine gun is such a great unlock.

Smasandian
So I was playing, something weird happen with my profile and the game basically reset itself (after giving me an achievement stating that I found all geolocations).

I launch it again and continue game and its starts to load.......and will never load at all.

Check forums and such and its pretty common problem. So I can't play anymore unless I delete and start anew. **** you!

Utrigita
You mean delete your entire profile?

Jesus that stinks.

Zack Fair
Does suck. I read about it on some boards. Was hoping no one I knew suffered it.

Smasandian
I'm waiting for a patch to fix the issue. It seems to be pretty prevalent.

But I'm not worked up about it. The game was fun but something was definitely missing. It was more of a "well I should play it because I bought it" then "I need to play it now!"

Everything seems to be the same. I think the developers took way too much time to fill this game with stuff....when they could just cut a few things and make it more memorable. Considering GTAV came out in the last year, its shows the difference.

Zack Fair
i agree. Feels like they lost their way or forgot what they wanted to do. Sucks because the game had lots of potential. What I think they need to work on in the sequel are the following:

1. Make missions more varied. They went and applied the Assassin's Creed/Far Cry formula. This isn't bad perse, but you need a lot more than that when you enter the field against a top dog like GTA V.

2. Make the NPCs more varied. I do think the NPCs behave really well, and at times even outshine GTA V's. problem is I never, ever, saw an NPC driving a bike. There were no planes. Etc. I know they had certain gameplay elements/decisions in mind, but it does take away from the immersion. Feels very limited when you think about it. Like GTA3 limited.

3. Let us shoot and drive. The driving is very annoying and tedious in the beginning when you lack the hacking skills to use the city to your advantage.

4. Aidan sucks balls. He is a retard. I wonder if they did it on purpose. Kind of like give the average guy turned vigilante due to tragedy vibe.

Smasandian
I agree.

1. I've only played Act 1 (for the obvious reasons) but I'm already getting tired of it. They just resemble Fixer contracts.

2. I don't think they behave better than GTAV. They all say the same damn lines...."I've been robbed", "look it's the vigilante" and they feature where you can profile them shows that it's just random and you see the same things over and over.

3. Yes. It makes no sense you can't shoot them. Chases boil down to chasing them and waiting for a traffic light. Oh, then hit "X" when prompted.

4. He does. I'm not interested about him at all.

In the end, I think it's a jumble of ideas put into a game. Hey look! lets play chess.....Or for some reason, play a "where the ball is" game. Why are they there? This has nothing to do with the game.

Arachnid1
i agree. Feels like they lost their way or forgot what they wanted to do. Sucks because the game had lots of potential. What I think they need to work on in the sequel are the following:

1. Make missions more varied. They went and applied the Assassin's Creed/Far Cry formula. This isn't bad perse, but you need a lot more than that when you enter the field against a top dog like GTA V.

2. Make the NPCs more varied. I do think the NPCs behave really well, and at times even outshine GTA V's. problem is I never, ever, saw an NPC driving a bike. There were no planes. Etc. I know they had certain gameplay elements/decisions in mind, but it does take away from the immersion. Feels very limited when you think about it. Like GTA3 limited.

3. Let us shoot and drive. The driving is very annoying and tedious in the beginning when you lack the hacking skills to use the city to your advantage.

4. Aidan sucks balls. He is a retard. I wonder if they did it on purpose. Kind of like give the average guy turned vigilante due to tragedy vibe. I just beat it. Not that great, and the ending was abrupt. The after credits sequence was ****ing awesome though. I've been waiting for that all game.

And I thought Aiden was an awesome and likable protagonist. All the characters in this game were well made actually. The stealth and hacking gameplay was well done too. Overall, I liked it. Not worth a buy though. More of a rent.

Zack Fair
Aiden was a bit of a clumsy dork. If they did it intentionally then fine by me.

Arachnid1
Aiden was a bit of a clumsy dork. If they did it intentionally then fine by me. I didn't really get that impression. He came off as skilled (though not as experienced as many of the other hackers in the game) and had a Punisher vibe going on.

Why did he come off as a clumsy dork to you?

Zack Fair
The way he almost got everyone killed. He also seemed very hypocritical. But to be honest he seems more human than most protagonists, so I can't really hold it against him.

Arachnid1
The way he almost got everyone killed. He also seemed very hypocritical. But to be honest he seems more human than most protagonists, so I can't really hold it against him. Oh, you mean how his activities were traced back to him and his niece was killed in the beginning?

You find out act 4 that he actually just got screwed over and betrayed. That wasn't any fault of his.

Jmanghan
Watch Dogs really isn't that good in my opinion, to be honest.

No melee combat? What is this, open-world CoD?

Thats a big flaw for me, It just seems fun to run up to someone on the side of the road and punch them in the face.

It CAN be fun, but it's graphics are nothing like in the demo, and Aiden is kinda bland. The hacking, I have to admit, is awesome, but the minigame can get repetitive if done enough, the fun quickly goes away when all these factors are thrown in, a good game, just not for me.

You are welcome for this random speech that I posted based on my sole opinion of the game.

Zack Fair
Originally posted by Arachnid1
Oh, you mean how his activities were traced back to him and his niece was killed in the beginning?

You find out act 4 that he actually just got screwed over and betrayed. That wasn't any fault of his. No. I was thinking about when he blackmailed the fat ****(a scumbag) and almost got him killed had the blood behind the cousins not being strong. I don't know but that entire part made me shake my head. Made me lose respect for Aiden. Granted I still think he did better than most people would, but he did act like a scumbag. Perhaps he was the scumbag Chicago deserved, and if thats the route they wanted to go with him then fine. it made me cringe though. Not used to my protagonists being that weak...or rather human.

Arachnid1
No. I was thinking about when he blackmailed the fat ****(a scumbag) and almost got him killed had the blood behind the cousins not being strong. I don't know but that entire part made me shake my head. Made me lose respect for Aiden. Granted I still think he did better than most people would, but he did act like a scumbag. Perhaps he was the scumbag Chicago deserved, and if thats the route they wanted to go with him then fine. it made me cringe though. Not used to my protagonists being that weak...or rather human. Oh yeah, that bothered the hell out of me too.

Though I justified it in my head. Bedbug was willing to do anything for Iraq, no matter how dirty. It was only a matter of time before he killed or did something stupid. It was messed up of Aiden, but worth it to stop Iraq and save possible future lives.

Despite that, it was pretty f*cked up of him.

-Pr-
Any of you guys play on PC?

Apparently, some very enterprising modders discovered files within the game that allow players with decent pc's to get something very close, if not identical, to the beautiful E3 graphics that were originally shown with the game. Ubisoft actually left the texture files and setting inside the game; they just need to be enabled, apparently.

screenshots: http://imgur.com/a/QCmYD

The mod itself: http://forums.guru3d.com/showthread.php?t=390114

Info: http://www.neogaf.com/forum/showthread.php?t=838538

Zack Fair
dayum

-Pr-
Yeah... And whats even more strange is that people are reporting better, not worse performance.

Lek Kuen
Originally posted by -Pr-
Yeah... And whats even more strange is that people are reporting better, not worse performance.

Hmm prolly means it was meant to be that way and Ubisoft didn't downgrade it properly.

-Pr-
Most likely.

Zack Fair
Agreed,

<< THERE IS MORE FROM THIS THREAD HERE >>